[3 / an / cgl / diy / gd / i / n / out / p / po / qst / s4s / t / trv / vip / vm / vmg / w / wg / wsr / ] [Settings]
Board
Settings Home
/qst/ - Mitsuba Archive

I haven’t noticed many capeshit quests lately, so here’s one. For this, I have some ideas for characters and general plot concepts, but none for Batman himself, nor his plans. That is 100% up to you- some options are gonna be more regular for him, some will be out there. You’re free to pick, and whatever you do choose, I assure you will have real effects. You’re in control.

So let’s get it started.

You are Bruce Wayne. You are 24, going on 25. You have an estimated net worth of around 10 billion dollars. You were born and raised in-
>1A) Gotham City, New York
>1B) Gotham City, New Jersey
>1C) Gotham City, Illinois
and recently moved back into your ancestral home, Wayne Manor. 10 years ago, your parents were gunned down in a mugging by a man who was never caught. After graduating high school early, you’ve spent the last 8 years traveling around the world, training with one goal in mind.
To become a soldier. A hunter.
And now, you’ve returned to hunt the scum of the city that took your family from you. Privilege and wealth be damned, you weren’t going to lay down and let anything like that happen again, were you? No. The city was even worse than when you left it. The company with your name on it has been taken over by greedy businessmen with no interest in helping anyone. And you’re sick of it.
You’d been back for a week. Your body, senses, and mind are ready. So... to begin, you are going to-
>2A) Go to Wayne Tower and demand a position at the company. You can’t stand to have your name besmirched any longer. Besides, access to Wayne Tech granted by this job will certainly help you on your crusade.
>2B) Screw that, the best way to start is to start. Go to the seediest area of Gotham and look around. You can figure out what to do once you’re there. No day job required
>2C) There are already people who have the resources to help, they’re just corrupt. So maybe you should fix that. Bribe the police academy into giving you a diploma, then become a cop as your day job.
>2D) Screw that even more. Put on a disguise, break into GCPD, and use threats, intimidation, and espionage to get information on the sort of scumbags whose faces need kicking in.
>>
>>4828591
>1C) Gotham City, Illinois
>2A) Go to Wayne Tower and demand a position at the company. You can’t stand to have your name besmirched any longer. Besides, access to Wayne Tech granted by this job will certainly help you on your crusade.
>>
>>4828591

New Jersey.... The perfect storm...
>>
>>4828591
Funny reading this, given Gotham is New York.

So "New york city, new york".
>>
>>4828618
I mean, that is what they call it.
Is your vote for New York then? I’ll wait until the hour to see if the tie is broken. If not, I’ll decide, and continue with the quest.
>>
>>4828591
>2B) Screw that, the best way to start is to start. Go to the seediest area of Gotham and look around. You can figure out what to do once you’re there. No day job required
>>
>>4828656
Personally I don't know enough about America and it's states to know how it can affect the quest so I'm fine with changing it to New York if you need a tiebreaker
>>
>>4828604
>>4828611
>>4828662
The great state of New Jersey, and her largest city, Gotham. What a disaster of a city it was. Still, you had business to attend to.
You were taking a bus to Wayne Tower. There was little public transport available in Gotham. Just another thing to fix it seemed. Sitting on a rare non-piss-soaked seat, you arrived at the Tower only about 20 minutes later than you should have. The bus driver was, at the very least, hungover.
Once at the bus stop, you got out and walked the extra block to the Wayne Tower. It was the nicer area of the inner city, meaning the homeless kept to the alleyways and didn’t do anything... indecent. The street performers were rather friendly. The kids around them absolutely pickpocketed people though.
That wasn’t your concern though- the tower was right there. And you were going to go in, and ride the elevator right to the executive floor. Of course, you
1A) Had an appointment. You were getting what you wanted by the books.
1B) Didnt have an appointment. You were gonna barge in and demand what was yours, and damn them if they weren’t gonna give it up.
But before you even got to the stairs in front of the building, you felt a breeze on the back of your coat. You look back and- of fucking course. One of those dirty faced street kids had taken your wallet right from your pocket! Dammit, you were gonna-
2A) Let him go. More important things now, and the kid probably needs it more than you do.
2B) Give him a little pain. Show him what happens when you steal. He deserves it.
2C) Get it back, but only give him a warning.
>>
>>4828604
>>4828611
>>4828662
The great state of New Jersey, and her largest city, Gotham. What a disaster of a city it was. Still, you had business to attend to.
You were taking a bus to Wayne Tower. There was little public transport available in Gotham. Just another thing to fix it seemed. Sitting on a rare non-piss-soaked seat, you arrived at the Tower only about 20 minutes later than you should have. The bus driver was, at the very least, hungover.
Once at the bus stop, you got out and walked the extra block to the Wayne Tower. It was the nicer area of the inner city, meaning the homeless kept to the alleyways and didn’t do anything... indecent. The street performers were rather friendly. The kids around them absolutely pickpocketed people though.
That wasn’t your concern though- the tower was right there. And you were going to go in, and ride the elevator right to the executive floor. Of course, you
>1A) Had an appointment. You were getting what you wanted by the books.
>1B) Didnt have an appointment. You were gonna barge in and demand what was yours, and damn them if they weren’t gonna give it up.
But before you even got to the stairs in front of the building, you felt a breeze on the back of your coat. You look back and- of fucking course. One of those dirty faced street kids had taken your wallet right from your pocket! Dammit, you were gonna-
>2A) Let him go. More important things now, and the kid probably needs it more than you do.
>2B) Give him a little pain. Show him what happens when you steal. He deserves it.
>2C) Get it back, but only give him a warning.
>>
>>4828708
>1A) Had an appointment. You were getting what you wanted by the books
>2C) Get it back, but only give him a warning
>>
>>4828708
>1A) Had an appointment. You were getting what you wanted by the books.
>2A) Let him go. More important things now, and the kid probably needs it more than you do.
>>
>>4828708
>>1A) Had an appointment. You were getting what you wanted by the books.
>>
>>4828708
>A) Had an appointment. You were getting what you wanted by the books.
>>
>>4828708
>>1B) Didnt have an appointment. You were gonna barge in and demand what was yours, and damn them if they weren’t gonna give it up.
>2B) Give him a little pain. Show him what happens when you steal. He deserves it.
Punished Bruce
>>
>>4828725
>>4828730
>>4828747
>>4828754
“Hey, kid,” you tell him firmly. He’s fast, but nowhere near fast enough for you. You grab him by the wrist and squeeze. He drops the wallet. “Don’t do that again, got it? Not everyone you steal from is going to be so forgiving,” you say. The kid just stares back at you, upset that you caught him, but also afraid of how much damage you could do if you wanted to.
With that cleared up, you went up the stairs to the lobby of Wayne Tower. You speak to the lady at the front desk.
“Bruce Wayne,” you say clearly and unashamedly.
“Mr. Wayne! I-“
“I already know where the appointment is, just tell them I’m coming up.”
“Will do.”
You take the elevator to one of the upper floors, where the boardroom is, overlooking the city below. In front is another lady at another desk. She nods, and buzzes you in.
As you go in, you know what goes on in this room. Wayne Enterpises- including Wayne Shipping, Wayne Tech, and Wayne Capital have all turned from philanthropic, last-millennium business practices ‘for a better world’ and turned to pure profit seeking, lobbying, and exporting of labor to raise the bottom line.
As the doors opened though, there were smiling, content, comfortable faces of a dozen men and women who looked completely fine with all of this.
In front of it all was a man standing. He had short, gray hair, was tall and thin, and had a wrinkled face in need of some plastic surgery, which half the other board members seemed way too happy to get.
“Hello, Bruce,” he said, “I’m B. Edmund Perry, CEO of your company. As our majority shareholder, you’re welcome here anytime for anything.”
“Thank you, Mr. Perry. Hello everyone, hello.” You say. Now...
>Demand a position at the company. Make it clear you disapprove of this board.
>Demand a position at the company, but make it seem like you want in on what the fat cats have going on
>Be polite, and let them do the talking. Get a job if they offer one, and don’t try and come for a chairman’s seat.
>>
>>4828834
>>Be polite, and let them do the talking. Get a job if they offer one, and don’t try and come for a chairman’s seat.
Ultimately, we have the power here. We just need to wait for our opening. Play the billionaire playboy without a care in the world
>>
>>4828834
>Be polite, and let them do the talking. Get a job if they offer one, and don’t try and come for a chairman’s seat.
>>
>>4828834
>>Be polite, and let them do the talking. Get a job if they offer one, and don’t try and come for a chairman’s seat.
>>
>>4828842
I suppose I should make a more specific dumb playboy/philanthropist/cutthroat businessman/recluse option for the Bruce Wayne persona. Though I think the above options can serve as stand ins for them, if you really feel strongly about one option, tell me
>>
>>4828834
>>
>>4828834
>>
>>4828834
>>
>>4828834
>>
File: wayneboard.jpg (78 KB, 940x528)
78 KB
78 KB .jpg
>>4828842
>>4828846
>>4828864
>>4828871
>>4828915
>>4828926
"I just want to be involved with my family's company, in some way," is what you essentially say. Any nervousness about you being too critical or demanding of them leaves the board member's faces.
Perry responds graciously- "That's good Bruce, the company is in very good hands. We've had..." to make a long speech short, he explained how pretty much every black number on every Wayne report is going up and up, with the red ones are staying the same, or even shrinking. The economy was doing well, and so were they.
"Now... about the job," he said.
"Job?" You ask. Your intention wasn't to demand anything here. It was to maybe get a shot at some useful tech for your own uses, and to make sure nobody would, if the police talked to them, suspected you were doing anything... untoward.
"Yes. With the e-mail you sent for the meeting, you included a resume. You do know what that implies, right?"
Dammit- Alfred sent that e-mail! In the future, you'd need to keep a closer eye on things like that.
Now
>"Sorry, my, uh, butler sent that one. I'm not looking for a job here... just checking in to make sure my name's being treated well," you say. Yeah... that might not get you exactly what you wanted, but it ties up this little loose end. Better to be on good terms than bad.
>"Of course. I know I'm not a Havard or Yale grad like I'm sure half of you are, but my international schooling transcripts are impressive, as I'm sure you've seen," you say to Perry with a straight, ernest face. And if he gives you the option, you'd definitely go for-

>WayneTech. Get some state of the art stuff that the useless police will never afford. Easy and efficient.
>WayneCapital. Increase your wealth using the market, get the means to finance your war on crime without suspicious amounts of Wayne technology that could be found at the scene, even if it is more time consuming. Plus, some charity work wouldn't hurt the family name.
>>
>>4829006
>>"Of course. I know I'm not a Havard or Yale grad like I'm sure half of you are, but my international schooling transcripts are impressive, as I'm sure you've seen," you say to Perry with a straight, ernest face. And if he gives you the option, you'd definitely go for-
>WayneTech. Get some state of the art stuff that the useless police will never afford. Easy and efficient.
>>
>>4829006
>"Of course. I know I'm not a Havard or Yale grad like I'm sure half of you are, but my international schooling transcripts are impressive, as I'm sure you've seen," you say to Perry with a straight, ernest face. And if he gives you the option, you'd definitely go for-
>>
>>4829006
>>"Of course. I know I'm not a Havard or Yale grad like I'm sure half of you are, but my international schooling transcripts are impressive, as I'm sure you've seen," you say to Perry with a straight, ernest face. And if he gives you the option, you'd definitely go for-
>WayneCapital. Increase your wealth using the market, get the means to finance your war on crime without suspicious amounts of Wayne technology that could be found at the scene, even if it is more time consuming. Plus, some charity work wouldn't hurt the family name.
>>
>>4829006
>>WayneCapital. Increase your wealth using the market, get the means to finance your war on crime without suspicious amounts of Wayne technology that could be found at the scene, even if it is more time consuming. Plus, some charity work wouldn't hurt the family name.
Bread first, fixin's later. Just like making a sandwich.
>>
>>4829006
>>
>>4829006
>>WayneTech. Get some state of the art stuff that the useless police will never afford. Easy and efficient.
Why do you miss capeshit quests?
>>
>>4829006
>>
File: wayne ent logo.jpg (22 KB, 500x500)
22 KB
22 KB .jpg
>>4829030
>>4829049
>>4829056
>>4829333
>>4829400
>>4829646
Don't particularly miss them, but they were nice, and part of a nice time. Some were good, some were bad. I hope this ends up being the former
>>4829670
"Of course. I know I'm not a Harvard or Yale grad like I'm sure half of you are, but my international schooling transcripts are impressive, as I'm sure you've seen," you say to Perry with a straight, earnest face.
"Of course son," it bothered you. How he called you 'son'. "We have a few positions available in various segments in the company. Is there anywhere you'd like to be, particularly.
You take a deep breath, and look around the room, before back to Perry. "I wanna be in Wayne Capital. I know enough about how much money I have already. I wanna put it to good use."
"Good use," nodded Perry. He looked to the room for approval. "Well, it looks like everyone's very happy to hear that, Bruce. In fact, ah, who is it, Celia, is about to retire."
"Mr. Zellerbach, Browning."
"Zellerbach, yes. Bob Zellerbach, in finance, is retiring in a few weeks. Usually we'd have a small team of junior secretaries under us get everything in order, but you would be very useful, and appreciated, if you filled that role. Afterward, you can easily slide in somewhere in the totem pole."
"Sounds great, Mr. Perry." A day job. An easy, cushy one too. The perfect cover.
"Good, good. Anything else you would like to say to the board? Not that we don't mind how hands-off you're being with [i] our [/i] company."
>"Nope. I think we're good, Perry. I'll see you all later." *finger guns for effect*
>"Actually..." (write in)
>>
File: wayne ent logo.jpg (22 KB, 500x500)
22 KB
22 KB .jpg
>>4829030
>>4829049
>>4829056
>>4829333
>>4829400
>>4829646
Don't particularly miss them, but they were nice, and part of a nice time. Some were good, some were bad. I hope this ends up being the former
>>4829670
"Of course. I know I'm not a Harvard or Yale grad like I'm sure half of you are, but my international schooling transcripts are impressive, as I'm sure you've seen," you say to Perry with a straight, earnest face.
"Of course son," it bothered you. How he called you 'son'. "We have a few positions available in various segments in the company. Is there anywhere you'd like to be, particularly.
You take a deep breath, and look around the room, before back to Perry. "I wanna be in Wayne Capital. I know enough about how much money I have already. I wanna put it to good use."
"Good use," nodded Perry. He looked to the room for approval. "Well, it looks like everyone's very happy to hear that, Bruce. In fact, ah, who is it, Celia, is about to retire."
"Mr. Zellerbach, Browning."
"Zellerbach, yes. Bob Zellerbach, in finance, is retiring in a few weeks. Usually we'd have a small team of junior secretaries under us get everything in order, but you would be very useful, and appreciated, if you filled that role. Afterward, you can easily slide in somewhere in the totem pole."
"Sounds great, Mr. Perry." A day job. An easy, cushy one too. The perfect cover.
"Good, good. Anything else you would like to say to the board? Not that we don't mind how hands-off you're being with our company."
>"Nope. I think we're good, Perry. I'll see you all later." *finger guns for effect*
>>
>>4829706
>"Keep up the good work, everyone--glad to see Wayne Enterprises is in good hands!"
>Track down Zellerbach when we get the chance to congratulate him.
>>
>>4829712
Gotta play the bubbly playboy airhead.
>>
>>4829780
That's a vote for the same, in case it wasn't clear.
>>
>>4829706
>>
>>4829712
+1
>>
>>4829808
+1
>>
>>4829712
>>4829808
supporting and combining these two
>>
>>4829706
Supporting >>4829712 and >>4829808
>>
File: wayne plaza.jpg (28 KB, 329x422)
28 KB
28 KB .jpg
>>4829712
>>4829780
>>4829808
>>4829906
>>4829908
>>4829952
>>4829981
>>4829712
"Nope, I think we're good Mr. Perry. I'll excuse myself to see Mr. Zellerbach now." You say.
"Good to hear Bruce. You have a ride home?" asks Perry.
"A... ride home?" you ask.
"Well, I'm sure that you have some fancy ride to take around town, right?"
>(truth) Actually, I haven't gotten around to it. I've been riding the bus.
>(lie) of course. Hardest choice in the world is between my Lamborghini and my Ferrari.
Perry exhales bemusedly at that, then waves you goodbye.

You go downstairs to the office of Wayne Capital and Financial, more commonly known as just WayneCapital, or WayneCap. In there, you are directed to Mr. Zellerbach's office by the secretary. As you walk past the glass walls showing rows and rows of office workers, you can't help but notice how many stares you're getting. To be expected. You're Bruce Wayne, after all. You
>wish they didn't pay so much attention to you
>kind of enjoy the spotlight
At the end of the hall is a normal looking office, filled with clutter and books and mismatched folders.
"Uh, hello?" You knock. Inside, you can clearly see the wispy-haired head of what must've been... "Mr. Zellerbach?"
"Mm?" he mumbles grumpily, turning around. "Who're you?"
"I'm Bruce Wayne," you give him your hand. "You probably haven't heard, but the board has assigned me as your assistant while you prepare for your retirement in a few weeks."
"Assistant?" he grumbles, "I don't need a damn assistant... even though it is an honor to meet Bruce Wayne." He shakes your hand.
In response to that, you say,
>something rude and stupid. He can't talk to you like that! Plus, you're wearing a mask. Living a lie. Gotta go all in.
>something polite. This old man's worked well for you company. It's not like the police would think to talk to him if anything happened. Right?
>>
>>4830042
>>(truth) Actually, I haven't gotten around to it. I've been riding the bus.
>something polite. This old man's worked well for you company. It's not like the police would think to talk to him if anything happened. Right?
>>
>>4830042
>>kind of enjoy the spotlight
>>something polite. This old man's worked well for you company. It's not like the police would think to talk to him if anything happened. Right?
>>
>>4830042

>(lie) of course. Hardest choice in the world is between my Lamborghini and my Ferrari.

gotta keep up that bubbly rich kid persona
>>
>>4830042
>>
>>4830042
>>
>>4830042
>>wish they didn't pay so much attention to you
>>something polite. This old man's worked well for you company. It's not like the police would think to talk to him if anything happened. Right?
>>
>>4830042
>something polite. This old man's worked well for you company. It's not like the police would think to talk to him if anything
>>
>>4830042
>something polite. This old man's worked well for you company. It's not like the police would think to talk to him if anything
>>
File: wayne plaza.jpg (972 KB, 1477x2600)
972 KB
972 KB .jpg
>>4830050
>>4830069
>>4830150
>>4830203
>>4830261
>>4830381
>>4830406
>>4830483
"Well" you reply, "It's good to work for my family's company."
"That's great," Zellerbach grumbled. "I'm guessing you don't start today?"
"Uh- no," you reply, "Next week? We haven't quite talked about the details yet."
Zellerbach harrumphed. "Well then, get goin' kid. Go party and race around in your fancy car or whatever the hell you do. See you for your day job soon."
You leave.

"Say Bateman, is that Bruce Wayne?" asks a man at the water cooler.
"Looks like it Allen. I hear he's working for that old codger Zellerbach now." says another man in a similar suit.
"Good fuckin' luck to him then."
You continue walking out. Even though you couldn't quite decide if you enjoyed the attention or not, you didn't have any more business there.

Once you exited the building, you were going to have to
>go to an exotic car dealership. You had already lied to Perry about owning a supercar. You had to make that believable. Time to go shopping.
>head back to the manor. Wayne Enterprises is a clownshow, you need to get ready for your night job- your real job.

You also needed to call Alfred, who you had
>already told about your planned crusade
>not told about your planned crusade
>>
>>4831041
>>go to an exotic car dealership. You had already lied to Perry about owning a supercar. You had to make that believable. Time to go shopping.
>>
>>4831050
+1
>>
>>4831041
>go to an exotic car dealership. You had already lied to Perry about owning a supercar. You had to make that believable. Time to go shopping.
>not told about your planned crusade
>>
>>4831041
>>go to an exotic car dealership. You had already lied to Perry about owning a supercar. You had to make that believable. Time to go shopping.
>>already told about your planned crusade
>>
>>4831050
+1

Imagine not telling based Alfred anything, the one guy who you can be open and honest with under any and all circumstances.
>>
>>4831041

>>
>>4831041
>>already told about your planned crusade
>>
>>4831041
>go to an exotic car dealership. You had already lied to Perry about owning a supercar. You had to make that believable. Time to go shopping
>>
File: gotham exotics.jpg (1972 KB, 4420x3096)
1972 KB
1972 KB .jpg
>>4831050
>>4831139
>>4831188
>>4831206
>>4831267
>>4831290
You hail a taxi, and give him the address to an exotic car dealership. What a way to waste an evening. You try not to look at the streets or riverways. Inbetween any seeming excellence or peace Gotham managed to scrape together, there was grime. Filth.
You pick up the phone and call Alfred.
"Alfred, I heard you sent a resume into Wayne Enterprises. That wasn't part of the plan."
"Well, Master Bruce, you said you wanted to have an alter ego for the public. I presumed that a day job was necessary."
You click your tongue. "I don't even know if you believe in this plan."
Alfred pauses.
He pauses for a while. "I saw your parents in the morgue after what happened to them. After what this city did to them. If you don't think I have any rage directed at what allowed that to happen, you're wrong. Maybe it's not the best way. But at least you're doing something."
"Thank you for that, Alfred. I have to go now."
"Why is that?"
"I'm going shopping."
"Oh? What do we need?"
The taxi turned into the parking lot.
"By the looks of it... a supercar."

Inside the car dealership, pretty much as soon as you said you were Bruce Wayne- the Bruce Wayne- they got their top salesman right over to talk to you and give you the rundown on every car they had. You ignored most of it. You didn't care about the BHP or the lbft of torque. You needed a car to make you look like a rich prick. Still, you had to make a choice. So,
>Lamborghini Gallardo- flashy and cheap. er
>Lamborghini Murcielago- flashy as it comes
>Ferrari F430- fast. probably a thrill to ride
>Ferrari 360- the cheapest, and most practical. Who's gonna tell though?
>>
>>4832234
The playboy billionaire doesn't cheap out
>>
>>4832234
If we want people to think we're a billionaire playboy jerkass, we'd best look the part.
>>
>>4832234
>Lamborghini Murcielago- flashy as it comes
>>
>>4832234
Just strap some bulletproof tires to it and paint it black and boom, we have a starter batmobile.
>>
also we are a pretty by the numbers batman so far, im curious if you guys are planning to switch it up when it comes to the actual cape and cowl stuff.
>>
>>4832234
>>Lamborghini Murcielago- flashy as it comes
no brainer
>>
>>4832234
>>
>>4832234
>>
>>4832366
I think we'll probably experiment a little more as time goes on. Personally, I want to lean into Batman's ability to strike fear in people and how he was regarded (earlier in his career) as some sort of urban legend or cryptid.
>>
File: gotham exotics.jpg (358 KB, 1920x1280)
358 KB
358 KB .jpg
>>4832366
>>4833050
I'll always try and keep some out-there options for big choices, like the police route in OP. But I can't have something like that for every post, of course.

>>4832267
>>4832269
>>4832315
>>4832365
>>4832384
>>4832723
>>4833045
The Lamborghini Murcielago. With an MSRP of 300,000 dollars, it wasn't exactly enough to set you back, but you didn't feel comfortable just throwing away money.
"Would you like to pay monthly or in full, Mr. Wayne?" asked the well-dressed salesman.
Most 24 year olds would have had to answer that question by no, even if it wasn't with a Lamborghini. "Monthly," you replied. Bruce Wayne, the playboy, would probably buy in full, but you weren't willing to put quite that much down. The only one who would know was this salesman, after all.
He seemed very happy with that answer- with interest rates, he probably made a little more on the dollar. But that wasn't a big deal. It wasn't like you'd miss payments.
So not that long later, you found yourself driving home in the Lambo. And you
>honesty? kind of loved the speed. When training overseas, you never drove anything with more than 50hp. This felt amazing.
>annoyed. Why would anyone need something this ridiculous? plus, it wasn't the easiest thing to drive.

Once you got home, you pulled right into the garage over some luxurious, classy, last-century sedans.
"New car, sir? It looks rather out of place."
"I know, Alfred, but I have to look the part, right?"
He sighed. "Are you sure taking part of some philanthropy wouldn't be amiss?"
"I'll talk with my money. What I'm going to be doing is illegal. Not getting caught is the first priority.
"Just trying to be the voice of reason, sir."

Before you went to eat dinner with Alfred, you went to the bathroom to wash up. You look in the mirror, seeing yourself
>tall and lean, with every muscle perfectly defined and primed
>huge, built like a brick shithouse, a result of a decade of intense training.

And with that, at dinner, you decided to
>talk business with Alfred. Real business. Involving revenge on this damned city
>leave that to elsewhere. Dinner was just for dinner, after all.
>>
>>4833152
>honesty? kind of loved the speed. When training overseas, you never drove anything with more than 50hp. This felt amazing.
>talk business with Alfred. Real business. Involving revenge on this damned city
>>
>>4833152
>>4833240
+1 to this!
>>
>>4833152
>>honesty? kind of loved the speed. When training overseas, you never drove anything with more than 50hp. This felt amazing.
>>tall and lean, with every muscle perfectly defined and primed
>>talk business with Alfred. Real business. Involving revenge on this damned city
>>
>>4833152
>>
>>4833152
im down with what the other anon said about leaning into the terror aspect of batman, and the size will help with that.
>>
>>4833152
Alfred is our grounding rod, keeps us honest.
>>
File: wayne manor.jpg (601 KB, 3552x2000)
601 KB
601 KB .jpg
>>4833240
>>4833252
>>4833256
>>4833258
>>4833387
>>4833412
"So, how are you enjoying the new car, Master Bruce?" Alfred asked after putting the mushroom and steak dinner he had prepared.
"I'd be lying if I said it wasn't a thrill to drive," you reply before digging in.
"And of the business today?"
>It's a cover. I'll do it to be Bruce Wayne. That is all.
>It's my family's company. I'm going to do the best I can at it.
"But," you finish, "that isn't my main goal."
Alfred nods. "You've talked about this at length. So I am going to ask you a tough question, Bruce; what exactly do you plan to do."
"I'm going to take the fight against crime into my own hands. Show this city's scum what fear is."
"I know that, Master Bruce. You've given the speech before. But that is NOT a plan. Are you just going to start picking fights in the streets? what is that going to do for you? What is your actual, real plan for this?!" He raised his voice.
>I don't know, Alfred. You have a history of military and spy service, right? I was hoping you could help me with that.
>(write in Bruce's plan)
>>
>>4833444
>I don't know, Alfred. You have a history of military and spy service, right? I was hoping you could help me with that.
>>
>>4833444
>>It's my family's company. I'm going to do the best I can at it.
>Find the big crime bosses and take them out.
>>
>>4833444
>It's a cover. I'll do it to be Bruce Wayne. That is all. If I thought that was the way so save Gotham, my father would have made more progress.
>(write in Bruce's plan)
If you scare the petty criminal into staying home at night, the kingpin has no one to do his bidding. I am going to give the criminal underworld something to be fearful of, something to stay home at night for. I want the mob bosses to be scared, Alfred. More than any of this though, it isn't about my actions. It is about giving Gotham hope. That it is possible to resist.
>>
>>4833471
+1
>>
>write in Bruce's plan: I'm going to start by gathering information on the criminal organizations in the city by disguising myself and blending in with the homeless. Learn how to move about this city quickly and unnoticed. Who operates where. Figure out the money flow. Make some contacts if I'm lucky and figure out the terrain before I decide what to do next.
>>
>>4833444
>write in Bruce's plan: I'm going to start by gathering information on the criminal organizations in the city by disguising myself and blending in with the homeless. Learn how to move about this city quickly and unnoticed. Who operates where. Figure out the money flow. Make some contacts if I'm lucky and figure out the terrain before I decide what to do next.
>>
>>4831041
>bateman
>allen
You really went above and beyond with the easter egg, didn't you, anon? Well done! This thread is impressive.
>>
>>4833444
His parents are his main motivation.
>>
>>4833564
supporting
>>
By the way, OP, when we get to the superhero fighting parts can we customize Batman with different skills? Maybe offer some talent trees like in an RPG to add some spice to the Dark Knight? Everytime we stop a crime we could earn hero points to unlock new techniques. I'm thinking a Ninja category that focuses on stealth and quick takedowns as well making it easier to retreat into the shadows and evade the police; Heroic category that boosts raw power and endurance (I like to call this one the Frank Miller - Dark Knight Returns package); lastly the Tech category (aka basically Batman from the Arkham games) that enhances the batsuit, bat-gadgets, batmobile and offers all kinds of gizmos and batarangs. If this sounds like shit and nobody wants this, sorry for wasting time, but if you like it, I'd even offer to make it myself.
>>
>>4833632
I was thinking about that, with less of an RPG-y system though. I've had 'routes' in mind, some of which are partially blocked off already, by player's own choices.

In other news, I'm gonna wait and see if there is anyone else who wants to see specific plans before I continue with the next part.
>>
>>4833444
Supporting
>>4833471
>>4833500
Bonus points if the whole supersticious and cowardly lot line get's worked in somehow.
>>
>>4833444
>It's my family's company. I'm going to do the best I can at it.
>Information gathering, for a start. Ask around the homeless and junkies who the big players are, who their lieutenants and footmen are. Then, start going after them, from the bottom up. The more low level thugs I bring to justice, the more information I receive and terror I spread. It would hurt to try for a contact in the police department as well, but I'm at a loss as to where to start with that.
>>
File: manor dining room.jpg (85 KB, 1100x617)
85 KB
85 KB .jpg
>>4833461
>>4833464
>>4833471
>>4833484
>>4833500
>>4833564
>>4833831
>>4833833
"There isn't really one perfect plan. From what I've gathered, there is a massive web of criminals, all tied up in with and dealing, partnered, or feuding with each other. I can't just take one boss down, and even if I do, and the conviction sticks, there'll just be another one popping up in his place."
"Still decidedly not a plan, Bruce."
"I know Al, I know. The way I see it, we have 2 options. I can do both more or less at the same time. One, information gathering. I need to infiltrate them with a fake persona at the ground floor. Hell, at the basement. Homeless, junkies, petty thieves. Even if I don't move up the ranks, I can get information..."
"Finally, my sort of playing field,"
"That gives rise to the real work. With that information, I am going to make the lives of everyone involved in making this city hell a living hell. I'm sure they're superstitious. They're.. they're cowards. I can scare them. I know I can."
"And how will you go about that? Wear a mask and pretend to be a ghost, chasing after them for their sins?"
You lean back.
>"Maybe. I was thinking of something similar."
>"No... that's stupid. Not that I have a better idea."
>write in
>>
>>4833945
>>write in
Alfred, there are things on this Earth that fill men with fear just the same. I don't need to rely on the supernatural.
>>
>>4833945
>>write in
>Maybe not a ghost. But something. And it'll be more than just a scary costume. Going after them at night, smoke and mirrors, whatever WayneTech won't notice going missing. I need to be an avenging angel, a boogeyman for criminals, an all-too-real urban legend, something that will make them stop ravaging this city my parents tried so hard to lift up and the people they tried to help. I need to become a symbol for them to fear.
>>
>>4833974
Hopefully that's when a bat crashes through our window.
>>
>>4833945
>write in: My thoughts were of a two part plan. First, low level criminals have grown far too comfortable because once a neighborhood gets too far gone they can count on people turning a blind eye. I'll do my best to send information to the police on the criminals they ARE willing to prosecute and sow paranoia and infighting. I'm hoping on turning privately owned wireless cameras to my advantage here. You wouldn't believe how easy it is to just get the video codecs and crack the passwords, half the time not even changed from the default for the cheapos. I'm also looking at working on growing a surveillance network by cracking the passwords to relevent wifi routers like those in the cheap apartments in the worst areas and running the traffic on it through keyword recognition software. That's more of a slow long term project but also a way of gathering information for the second part of my plan. Touch the untouchables. Especially those that flaunt it like some sort of damn celebrity. The ones the cops can't or won't go after. Expose their crimes and bring them to justice for all to see. Not just send them to prison but strip them of all that makes them fearsome- and make an example of them for all to see.
>>
>>4833974
>>4834028
supporting and combining
>>
>>4834087
I am totally cool with combining.
>>
>>4834087
As am I.
>>
File: bruces dinner.jpg (134 KB, 680x1020)
134 KB
134 KB .jpg
>>4833970
>>4833974
>>4834028
>>4834087
>>4834090
>>4834096
"Again, Alfred, it comes in twos. First, once they get their hands in these neighborhoods, the biggest force behind them is turning a blind eye. The best thing I can do is leak information and video- I'm betting on private CCTV- so that the police will have to at least try and take action, lest they anger the feds. Second is specific targets. These people are peacocks- they show off. I'm gonna use that against them. Humiliate them. Strip from them what makes them fearful. And," you grab your knife, "I'll make an example of them."
"And... how are you going to do that?"
"Maybe a ghost. Whatever WayneTech won't miss can be used to help me scare them. And I can't just scare them- I need to become a symbol. An angel and a boogeyman. Something to fear."
"But you don't know what?"
"I don't. But...."
>I need to go to bed. I will plan specifics tomorrow, all day.
>It's getting late. I plan to go out tonight and scope out what I'm looking for.
>>
>>4834403
>>I need to go to bed. I will plan specifics tomorrow, all day.
>>
>>4834403
>>
>>4833945
>write in
>Fear can come from many places, in different forms. Chasing them around in a Halloween costume won't do much, but taking precise action, infiltrating their criminal enterprises and use the information to strike against them in the field, that would put true fear in the heart of any crime boss. Knowing that there is someone out there who not only uncovered their plans but is willing and resourceful enough to take action against them will scare the superstitious, cowardly lot.

Is OP still with us? Is the thread dead?
>>
>>4834418
Nevermind...lol
>>
>>4834403
>>
>>4834403
>It's getting late. I plan to go out tonight and scope out what I'm looking for.
>>
>>4834403
>I need to go to bed. I will plan specifics tomorrow, all day.
>>

Need to gear up and plan on decking out the batcave.
>>
>>4834403
>>It's getting late. I plan to go out tonight and scope out what I'm looking for.
>>
File: bruces breakfast.jpg (378 KB, 1855x1288)
378 KB
378 KB .jpg
>>4834413
>>4834416
>>4834487
>>4834836
>>4835023
>>4835116
>>4835209
After this, you go to bed. The morning comes just soon enough, with you waking up right at 7am. You begin with a run around the grounds, followed by a swim in the pool, then a shower and quick steaming, followed by breakfast at around 8:30. Alfred serves steak and eggs
"Are these left over from last night, Alfred?"
"I can't imagine you want to be wasteful, Master Bruce," he says plainly. You agree, and dig in. "So, what is the plan for today?"
>"You used to do theater, right Alfred? I'm going to need a bit of help with makeup and hairstyling. So I can look like I'm not me. From there, I'm going to spend my day and night in the scummiest part of this city, seeing how much I can figure it out."
>"I hope you've updated the manor's computers since I've been gone, since I'm going to have to make sure all of my research on suspected members of the mob can be accounted for. Then... I might have to break into a police computer later tonight, double check my data, before picking targets to scare."
"And about this... Spectre you want to become?"
>"I'll wait until I find the right thing"
>"How about we get to working on that too?"
>>
>>4835276
>"I hope you've updated the manor's computers since I've been gone, since I'm going to have to make sure all of my research on suspected members of the mob can be accounted for. Then... I might have to break into a police computer later tonight, double check my data, before picking targets to scare."
>>
>>4835276
>>"You used to do theater, right Alfred? I'm going to need a bit of help with makeup and hairstyling. So I can look like I'm not me. From there, I'm going to spend my day and night in the scummiest part of this city, seeing how much I can figure it out."
>>"I'll wait until I find the right thing"
Still holding out for a bat to meet our window.
>>
>>4835276
>>"I hope you've updated the manor's computers since I've been gone, since I'm going to have to make sure all of my research on suspected members of the mob can be accounted for. Then... I might have to break into a police computer later tonight, double check my data, before picking targets to scare."
>>
>>"You used to do theater, right Alfred? I'm going to need a bit of help with makeup and hairstyling. So I can look like I'm not me. From there, I'm going to spend my day and night in the scummiest part of this city, seeing how much I can figure it out."
>>"I'll wait until I find the right thing"
>>
>>4835276
>"You used to do theater, right Alfred? I'm going to need a bit of help with makeup and hairstyling. So I can look like I'm not me. From there, I'm going to spend my day and night in the scummiest part of this city, seeing how much I can figure it out."
>"How about we get to working on that too?"
I'm interested in looking into drugs for enhancing fear, maybe turn scarecrow on our side once we find him.
>>
File: the first batmobile.jpg (44 KB, 640x480)
44 KB
44 KB .jpg
>>4835379
>>4835424
The bat will come... when it comes. All in due time. All things in due time.
>>4835477
>>4835502
>>4835520
"How is that, sir?" Alfred asked.
About an hour later, and you looked rather different. Shading around your skin's wrinkles gave you a completely different expression without having to cake on makeup. It was amazing how just a bit of change could fool the eye. Black contacts to obscure your eye color too. Most impressive though was the long, fake scar that ran across your jaw and cheek.
"I'll need to lean to do that myself, but... I think it'll do for a disguise."
"Excellent sir. Now... I doubt you plan to take the Porsche to the Narrows or the East End."
"I've already procured an old Sedan. I paid twice what it was worth, but that's the price for keeping its ownership a secret."
"Let's just hope you don't get a traffic ticket then, sir."

You take the old ford to the
>Narrows- the most miserable neighborhood in Gotham, full of failed government projects, drugs, and long-abandoned industry. Here, the homeless population is so huge you'll probably raise no suspicions as a stranger. The worst of the worst live here.
>East End- much richer, but for different reasons. The East End is seedy, full of strip clubs, prostitution, and slightly safer, but just as rampant drug use. More neon hellscape than rundown brownstones. It'll be harder to go unnoticed, but any victories here will be much more helpful.
>>
>>4835624
>>East End- much richer, but for different reasons. The East End is seedy, full of strip clubs, prostitution, and slightly safer, but just as rampant drug use. More neon hellscape than rundown brownstones. It'll be harder to go unnoticed, but any victories here will be much more helpful.
>>
>Narrows- the most miserable neighborhood in Gotham, full of failed government projects, drugs, and long-abandoned industry. Here, the homeless population is so huge you'll probably raise no suspicions as a stranger. The worst of the worst live here.
>>
>>4835624
>East End- much richer, but for different reasons. The East End is seedy, full of strip clubs, prostitution, and slightly safer, but just as rampant drug use. More neon hellscape than rundown brownstones. It'll be harder to go unnoticed, but any victories here will be much more helpful.
>>
>>4835624
>>
>>4835624
>>East End- much richer, but for different reasons. The East End is seedy, full of strip clubs, prostitution, and slightly safer, but just as rampant drug use. More neon hellscape than rundown brownstones. It'll be harder to go unnoticed, but any victories here will be much more helpful.
Selina cameo???
>>
>>4835624
>>
>>4835624
>>
File: east end 1.jpg (47 KB, 500x341)
47 KB
47 KB .jpg
>>4835637
>>4835653
>>4835654
>>4835688
>>4835693
>>4835754
>>4836157
Not that you were too certain in your decision, but Gotham's East End seemed like the better choice for now. More clubs, more bustle, easier to run away or not get noticed at all in the first place. Until you start making noise that is.
You get into the car, wearing
>just your disguise
>a bulletproof vest underneath your disguise. Hell, some brass knuckles wouldn't go amiss either.

Without so much as an alias in mind (yet), you drive the car through the city to the East End, where you park it on the side of a rundown construction site, right across the block from the worst streets in the dead center of the East End. You look around. Nobody even notices you.
You decide to
>go right into the heart of those hotbeds of degeneracy, and see where stuff goes from there
>skirt around the edges and see if you can spot anything suspicious.
>>
>>4836214
>a bulletproof vest underneath your disguise. Hell, some brass knuckles wouldn't go amiss either.
>go right into the heart of those hotbeds of degeneracy, and see where stuff goes from there
>>
>>4836214
We'd probably look suspicious, just kinda skirting the edges
>>
>>4836214

This is NEW JERSEY, remember? We'll look weird if we DON'T wear a bulletproof vest and brass knuckles!
>>
>>4836214
>>
>>4836214
WEARING>Slashpro shirt and sweat pants under the disguise
>>
>>4836214
go right into the heart of those hotbeds of degeneracy, and see where stuff goes from there
>>
>>4836214
>>a bulletproof vest underneath your disguise. Hell, some brass knuckles wouldn't go amiss either.
>>
>>4836214
>>a bulletproof vest underneath your disguise. Hell, some brass knuckles wouldn't go amiss either.
>>skirt around the edges and see if you can spot anything suspicious.
>>
File: east end 2.jpg (144 KB, 500x488)
144 KB
144 KB .jpg
>>4836293
>>4836352
>>4836359
>>4836415
>>4836435
>>4836492
>>4836530
>>4836568
Even at midday, it's dark and raining. The clouds paint everything a dull bluish gray, save for the glaring neon lights that adorned every building. And that was every single one.
You'd never really been to the East End before, but you didn't expect it to be like this. People lived with no sense of decency. There was a prostitute on every damn brick that either look miserable to the point of tears, or drugged out beyond belief. In between them were pimps and thugs that looked on with pocketknives in their hands and shit-eating grins. You needed to fix this place.
But you couldn't do it from here.
The streets are full, but there are some people that stand out.
>a man in a decent looking suit walking down the sidewalk uncertainly. Out of place... perhaps intentionally? Could be good to follow.
>a woman smoking in an alleyway, wearing a trench coat with a noticeable lack of fishnets underneath. On her face is a cold stare. She looks like she'd be interesting to... talk to.
>a girl, the youngest prostitute there, who looks no older than 13. No way she doesn't have some sort of protection. Maybe they're hiring.
>a cop who sits in his car drinking coffee, obviously corrupt. He'd know a thing or two.
You figured you should pick
>(one of above)
and
>(write in)
>>
>>4836585
>>a woman smoking in an alleyway, wearing a trench coat with a noticeable lack of fishnets underneath. On her face is a cold stare. She looks like she'd be interesting to... talk to.
>>
File: taxi_large.jpg (58 KB, 1100x617)
58 KB
58 KB .jpg
>>4836585
>a girl, the youngest prostitute there, who looks no older than 13. No way she doesn't have some sort of protection. Maybe they're hiring.
>>
>>4836585

We gotta save the KIIIIIIIIDS
>>
>>a woman smoking in an alleyway, wearing a trench coat with a noticeable lack of fishnets underneath. On her face is a cold stare. She looks like she'd be interesting to... talk to.
>>
>>4836601
>>4836605
>>4836606
>>4836607
You also need to say what you'd say and do
>>
>>4836585
>>
>Walk up all casual and ask her how her night is going if she wants to get something to eat and offer to pay. If she says yes we get something to eat at someplace sparsely populated and tell her you moved to Gotham last year for work-in private security sitting in a room watching monitors all damn day if she asks- and finally have some time to get out. Just make small talk. The weather. Your phone crapped out on you. If she comes out to this area often. People are crazy, huh? Make up a couple generic, believable stories about encounters you've had or seen. Maybe one that's kind of funny. People love to one up each other when comparing crazy people stories and love to show off that they know what's going on. Maybe she'll dish, maybe not. Don't press, just be reasonable, someone she could talk to next time. The night is young, trust is gained slowly. End things on a high note and don't let things drag on too long, maybe get her number.
Go look around some more, give a dollar here and there to buskers as you scope out the scene some more.
>>
>>4836683
+1
>>
>>4836607
>>4836683
Works for me.
>>
>>4836683
sure, this.
>>
File: east end day.jpg (139 KB, 1000x666)
139 KB
139 KB .jpg
>>4836601
>>4836605
>>4836606
>>4836607
>>4836666
>>4836683
>>4836726
>>4836899
>>4837111
You cross the street and walk over to the woman in a trenchcoat. Rolling into the alley, you prop your back against the brick wall there, and ask her. "Do you wanna grab a bite to eat?"
She looks over at you and tosses her cigarette to the ground. "Not from around here are you?"
"What's that supposed to mean-"
"You a cop?" She asks. "Thought vice was paid off this block.," then, without asking, she pats you down. "Balistic vest? Rather cop, but not vice. And... brass knuckles, well, you never know with here, right?"
Then, she reaches into your pocket to grab your wallet. You
>grab her arm and stop her
>let her take it- if she wants to run you can catch her, and you have nothing in there but cash anyways
and
>(write in what to say to her)
>>
>>4837233
>let her take it- if she wants to run you can catch her, and you have nothing in there but cash anyways
we got a fake ID right?
>>
>>4837257
I need to do inventory for next thread. No fake ID yet, only a couple hundred in cash. You don't have an pseudonym thought up yet, remember
>>
>Let her take it- if she wants to run you can catch her, and you have nothing in there but cash anyways
and
> "A woman who knows what she wants. Gotta love that, eh? Security Guard, actually. Wish I was getting cop money, god damn. Yeah I don't get out too much."
>>
>>4837233
>grab her arm and stop her
>"Getting physical already? Buy me dinner first at least."
gotta keep our real identity secret.
>>
>stealing a wallet from an alleged cop
>>
>>4837233
>>grab her arm and stop her
>>4837302
How about "Wayne Bruce?"
>>4837362
She's a prostitute, should be "I haven't even paid yet."
>>
>>4837524
she aint a prostitute. maybe a lady pimp or just a random female criminal.
>>
Currently I think we're at a tie. Any breakers?
>>4837524
I mean I was imagining Matches Malone, but if everyone thinks Wayne Bruce is a good idea...
>>
>>4837950
I was joking, boss. I'm happy with Matches.
>>
>>4837966
+1 Matches Malone
>>
File: east end 3.jpg (53 KB, 470x353)
53 KB
53 KB .jpg
Instead of just waiting for a majority, I'll give it to 'let her take it', as that was first.
>>4837257
>>4837338
>>4837362
>>4837524
The woman takes the wallet out of your pocket while you glare at her. "Wow, you have... a lot of cash in here. Necessary around here, I guess. But far from wise." She pushes the wallet back into your chest, "but no badge. So, what're you doing here?"
"A woman who just does as she pleases. Gotta like that," you say, knowing that
>that was a lie. You were playing a character.
>it was kinda true- hey, she was a pretty girl.
"But not a cop, you're right," you continue, "Security guard. Training, muscle, and all I do is stare at cameras like a kid on a computer."
"Sounds cushy."
"Sounds boring. And sedentary days? I don't wanna become a donut muncher in 10 years. That's why I'm here. I'm knew to town, but not to places like it. And I'm guessing someone's got to be hiring."
"You're a big guy," she says, "well built. Unless that doesn't translate... down there, I'd say go into the pornos."
"I was thinking more... fists on work."
She glared at you again. "At least the porn producers stick to exploiting over- 18 year olds. Mostly." Then she turned. "Look, I'm not a fucking job recruiter here. No interest in getting anyone into the worst line of work this city has to offer. Go find it yourself."
But before she turned to walk away, you couldn't help but notice, thanks to some facial language reading, how she intensely, but only momentarily, focused on something across the street- what was it. Or who was it.
The underage looking prostitute, perhaps?
>go over to the young girl and ask her
>stop the woman and bring it up directly
>(write in)
>>
>>4838590
>>
>>4838617
supporting
>>
>>4838590
>>
>>4838590
>that was a lie. You were playing a character.
>>
>>4838590
>>
>>4838590
>that was a lie. You were playing a character
>>
File: east end daytime.jpg (61 KB, 439x347)
61 KB
61 KB .jpg
Apologies for the long wait.
>>4838617
>>4838709
>>4838750
>>4838865
>>4839153
You figure it's best to let that woman walk if she wants to walk. You already had a new target- that young girl. You tried to ignore the conditions you knew she must've been living in. Dozens of others probably lived just like her. A little patience, a little discipline, and you could help them all.
"Hey, you tell the kid."
She looks up at you. "Cheer you up for an hour, Mister?" she says.
>Hell no. Just ask her if she knew the woman in a trenchcoat, then if she knew anyone who was in need of hiring some muscle. That was all. Do that, then go about your business.
>Maybe somewhere more private would be a better place to talk to her and get a better understanding of just how life was for these people. Because by God, you had no idea it was this bad. And it wasn't like that cop cared. If he did, he'd bring this girl home.
>>
>>4839708
>Maybe somewhere more private would be a better place to talk to her and get a better understanding of just how life was for these people. Because by God, you had no idea it was this bad. And it wasn't like that cop cared. If he did, he'd bring this girl home.
>>
>Hell no. Just ask her if she knew the woman in a trenchcoat, then if she knew anyone who was in need of hiring some muscle. That was all. Do that, then go about your business.

Chris Hansen bursts from the shadows flapping his wings...
>>
>>4839708
>>
>>4839708
>>Hell no. Just ask her if she knew the woman in a trenchcoat, then if she knew anyone who was in need of hiring some muscle. That was all. Do that, then go about your business.
As we're supposed to be a sort of proto-Matches, I think an air of professionalism should be projected.
>>
>>4839708
>>
>>4839708
>>
File: east end street scene.jpg (135 KB, 1024x538)
135 KB
135 KB .jpg
>>4839783
>>4839876
>>4839988
>>4840079
>>4840624
>>4841491
"No, nothing like that," you reply. "I just need to know a couple things."
She looked at you suspiciously. "You're not a cop, are you?"
"What? No. Look, I'll pay you for the info," you hand her a few 20s, "I just wanna know if you know that woman over there in the trenchcoat, and then if you know anyone around here is hiring some muscle."
"Why?" The girl asked, "You coming for her job?"
"Her job? I don't even know her name."
"She works for more behind the scenes guys. Doing the dirty work. I wouldn't know if they're hiring or not... but Stan over there was talking earlier about needing more muscle for the next girls coming in."
"Stan.... the one in the hat?"
"That's him."
Good talk. Now you could
>ask the girl exactly what she meant by 'next girls'
>go to Stan there and just ask him. And about a job.
>(write in anything to ask either of them, or even something totally different)
>>
>>4842160
>and slip the girl a 100, tell her to do something better with her life.
>>
>>4842268
+1
>>
>>4842160
>>ask the girl exactly what she meant by 'next girls'
>>go to Stan there and just ask him. And about a job.
>"Heard that Wayne prettyboy has scraped enough grey matter together to realize that funding orphanages is tax-deductable. Get yourself checked into one kid, anything's better than this."
Then call Alfred to start the Martha Wayne Home for Wayward Children or something, if we weren't already funding an orphanage.
>>
>>4842160
>ask the girl exactly what she meant by 'next girls'
>"Heard that Wayne prettyboy has scraped enough grey matter together to realize that funding orphanages is tax-deductable. Get yourself checked into one kid, anything's better than this."
>>
>>4842268
>>4842534
>>4842889
"Thanks kid," you tell her. Then you slip her another $100, saying "Now do something with your life. There's Wayne charities. Go to one, they'll help you."
She looks up at you. "Are you stupid?" she asks. "I can't just leave. Thanks for the money, though."
You sigh. Yeah, that was probably true. But you couldn't go save every poor kid you met.
You walk over to Stan, who's having a smoke with some buddies under an awning. They're laughing, and joking. It makes you sick. You puff up your chest and look up, as if you didn't already look twice his strength already.
"Hey, you Stan?" you ask.
"Yeah," Stan snaps, "What's it to ya?"
"I heard you were looking to hire."
"Who's asking?"
"I am. I'll just work tonight, if you want. I can do good shit. Trust me."
Stan blew smoke and looked around. "Alright... what's your rate?"
"20 an hour."
"Hah! 20 an hour, huh? Not the best negotiator I'm guessing? But that's fine, workin' for cheap, a tenth as much as it costs to get a blowie from some chicks around here, I'll tell ya. So good deal. Shake on it?"
You shake his hand. "You're not gonna ask me anything else?"
"When you work for so cheap? Hell no. Besides, the cops tell me about anyone I should worry about. You're an outta town nobody, best kinda muscle. See you here at 7 or so tonight, yeah?"
"Yeah..." you say. "Another thing; that girl over there mentioned 'Other girls' you were getting. What's that about?"
"Holly? Oh, of course you like Holly, one of my best earners. We're getting another half dozen or so girls like her. Runaways, some of our friends in Florida put 'em to work, and now we paid for a little long-term vay-cation to Gotham. We're gonna see the happy ladies at Dixon Docks tonight. Gonna be good for business man, trust me."
Oh, that's what he was doing?
Figures
>go tip off the cops and the media about a child trafficking ring at Dixon Docks
>wait and remain undercover.
>>
>>4843591
>>go tip off the cops and the media about a child trafficking ring at Dixon Docks
>>
>>4843591
We shouldn't blow our load too early, we're still dealing with small fry. If we wanna make a difference, we gotta wait for a shot at the kingpin, whoever that is.
>>
>>4843591
Get the boss or at least in the computer system of the boss so you can install some malware to give you remote access.
>>
>>4843591
>>
>>4843591
>>
>>4843591
what kind of mole rats out the first place he works at on the first day
>>
>>4843591
>>wait and remain undercover.
>>
>>4843591
>>
>>4843591
>>
File: gotham docks.jpg (128 KB, 1024x768)
128 KB
128 KB .jpg
>>4843642
>>4843821
>>4843853
>>4843868
>>4843881
>>4844142
>>4844342
>>4844444
>>4844461
You decide to wait- but now that you got that job, you needed to secure some means of intimidation.
You walked back to your car to review what could be done- you knew that WayneTech had several pieces of state of the art combat equipment just sitting around, with thousands produced, but never went past phase 1 of production. There was a wearhouse under the Tower which housed these. One or two going missing surely wouldn't bother anyone
>Go take the gear for yourself. You don't plan on using it tonight, but you'd rather get it too early than too late.
>Only get surveillance gear- cameras and whatnot, to build a case
>You already have a bulletproof vest and a ski mask. You shouldn't need anything else.

After doing that, you'd have to go down to the docks to meet the new 'guests' of Stan's, who would be getting off of a Ferry from Florida, tickets paid for by a branch of the Falcone family. You were told to meet up with another thug there, Max, at 5
>Meet with Max on time, keep up appearances
>spend the time scouting out the area instead
>>
>>4844892
>>
>>4844892
>Go take the gear for yourself. You don't plan on using it tonight, but you'd rather get it too early than too late

>>
>>4844892
>>
>>4844892
>>
>>
>>4844892
>>
File: port craig.jpg (67 KB, 541x360)
67 KB
67 KB .jpg
>>4844917
>>4844959
>>4845064
>>4845078
>>4845262
>>4845311
You took off the makeup, got into the Wayne Warehouse with ease, then examined the pallet crates of prototypes collecting dust. In here was the exact sort of stuff you'd need to fight crime. Plenty could be retrofitted with some theatrical flair for the 'Ghost' you wanted to play... no, you needed to wait for the right symbol.
Surveillance gear it was, only taking a few small stickable 270 degree cameras. Some were made to look like coat buttons, others like industrial bolts, You picked the later.
After that, you got on your way to the docks. You reapplied your makeup and disguise, then stepped out of the car, just before time. You couldn't believe you were about to help child traffickers- but it was for the greater good.
You go up and meet the man standing right between the older and newer halves of Port Craig. Between a large, metal warehouse and an old brick charter office, stood a man in a leather jacket.
"You must be Max," You say.
"Sure am. And you are?"
>well, you must've come up with a pseudonym by now. Write it in.
"Good to meet you," he said, straightening up and stretching. "We need you for a pretty simple job- once the boat gets here, tie it down, lead the girls to the vans. Nothing special tonight, let us get them in, then you're on guard duty while I drive. Three of our vans are going to the East End, another two are gonna go to the Narrows, and four are going downtown to Gotham Heights."
Well, that was more or less what you expected. No big responsibility, just be some dumb muscle while better paid scumbags did the hard work. But the Heights... that was one of the nicest areas in Gotham. Hell, that was wear Wayne Tower was.
"I've also gotta pat you down," he says.
"That's fine."
He patted you down. "Bulletproof vest?"
"I work in security. Thought there'd be better jobs in this city."
"Ah. Well, you seem good. Any questions, kid?"
>(write in as many questions as you want)
>>
>>4846559
> Ty Goldstein

> 1st question Any special instructions from our employer?
2nd question So, uh, about getting paid...?
3rd question Some real money moving around here. I smell job opportunities, am I right?
>>
>>4846559
>>4846895 works for me
>>
>>4846559
>>4846895
I'll go with this.
>>
>>4846559
>Matches Malone
and this anon's questions >>4846895
>>
>>4846559
>Guy Incognito
>>4846895
>These Questions
>>
>>4846559
>Matches Malone
>>4846895's questions
>>
>>4847692
Support
>>
File: ferry from florida.jpg (7 KB, 300x168)
7 KB
7 KB .jpg
Apologies for late reply again.
>>4846895
>>4846925
>>4847604
>>4847692
>>4848093
>>4848693
>>4849489
"Ty Goldstein," you tell him. Not exactly a name you'd love to be called, but hey, if this goes south, you can always get a new one.
Now, for those questions. "Any special instructions from Stan?"
Max looks over. "I mean, Stan isn't the one in charge, but either way no. Especially not for you. You just make sure everything in your van goes smoothly."
"And... about getting paid," you faked anxiousness. You'd rather die than accept any of this goddamn money.
"Cash, for now. You'll get paid a couple hundred for tonight."
"Just for sitting in a van?"
"Assuming everything goes smoothly."
"And there's some real money moving around here right? I smell job opportunities."
"Well, there's always money in pimping and bodyguarding, you can even get pretty rich if you spend and launder it wisely. My brother did that, now he's a big-time enforcer. I, uh, spent most of my shit on the blackjack and hookers sorta deal. No regrets if you ask me though. But the real money, the real money comes if you buddy up with the rich guys who pay hand over fist for these tight young bitches. They pay way too much, and it's fuckin great."
That's where you were going.
"Well Ty, here they are," he said, walking towards the newer section of the docks. There came a decently sized Ferry, with a Floridian flag on back. "Well? Go get it tied." Max orders. You obey, with you and some other guys running out onto the pier to grab the ropes the men on the boat are tossing out and tying them to the dock. Once secured, they put a ramp down, and let the girls out.
It was an awful sight- young girls, wearing either ratty clothes, or the sorts of things you'd expect to see a hooker to wear. Some couldn't be older than 12. You just go back to Max.
"They seem roughed up. I thought you said they liked it here."
"Well, they do. They just got done with an 18 hour boat trip."
Yeah, that had to be it. Max headed back to the van to get it ready.
>(write in something to say to one or several of the girls)
>(write in more questions to Max)
>just go back to the van and wait
>>
>>4849885
>>just go back to the van and wait
no need to rise ant suspicion
>>
>>4849885
>>
>>4849885
Let's just be the big dumb meathead who wants to get payed. We already got the start of a lead, lets not ruin it.
>>
>>4849885
>>just go back to the van and wait
>>
File: the drive.jpg (17 KB, 612x408)
17 KB
17 KB .jpg
>>4850666
>>4850813
>>4851810
>>4852127
"Alright, hop in Ty," he says as you get into the van next to him. You look back. Somebody had given the kids candy. They were enjoying themselves, it seemed. For now. You don't ask anything; anything worth asking, you'll either find out soon enough, or ask about later.
Max drives you out of the port. You pass by your shitbox without so much as a look to it. You were in deep now. Part of you wanted to run.
The drive was smooth. Well, not literally; you mostly drove through unkempt backroads, for reasons you could imagine. And you also imagined the people in these poor neighborhoods were told not to mess with any fleets of vans running product. Even if it was going to Gotham heights.
You went onto a ramp, with your van going last. All was going smoothly, until-
POP
"What the hell was that?" You ask.
"Blown tire!" winced Max.
POP
"Two blown tires, dammit!" The van slid into the guardrail of the ramp.
"What do we do?" You ask. "That can't be an accident."
"Someone's screwing with us," he growls, pulling out a pistol, "let's screw back."
He hops out of the van with it, and you crawl over the middle to follow. "Uh... stay here," you tell the kids uncomfortably. For all you knew, out there was worse.
"Hey- who's there!" yells Max, waving his gun. You see a figure run behind the van, but nothing happens.
Then you hear the click of a lock, and the swinging open of a door. "Run! Get out of here, you can't all get caught!" Hushes a familiar female voice.
Max only hears the words. "Hey! What the fuck are you talking about?" He screams. You run right behind him.
You see the woman, who was dressed in all black, with a ski mask on, running. Out of the van, a few of the girls stepped out. Two even started running.
"No, no no!" yells Max, eyes swinging between the girls and the woman.
You
>run after the woman- after all, you think you know her
>run after the girls, but 'accidently' let them get away
>run after the girls, and bring them back to get in this ring's good graces
>just ask Max what to do
>>
>>4852535
>run after the girls, but 'accidently' let them get away
>>
>>4852535
>>run after the woman- after all, you think you know her
>>
>>4852535
>run after the girls, and bring them back to get in this ring's good graces
we're going deep.
>>
>>4852535
>Beat Max unconcious and capture him for interrogation.

Might as well.
>>
>>4852535
>run after the woman- after all, you think you know her
>>
File: gotham highways.jpg (25 KB, 640x360)
25 KB
25 KB .jpg
>>4852916
>>4853299
>>4853384
>>4854841
>>4855472
"Go after the girls, I'll get her!" You yell at Max. He does just that; chasing the money, as expected. Meanwhile, you sprinted after the woman who just blew out the van's tires.
"Stop!" you yell, once you hop over the side guard of the road and run down underneath the overpass in a litter-ridden, grass covered ditch.
"No, you stop," she hisses, whipping a gun out from her side and pointing it right between your eyes. You freeze. You hadn't been that close to a gun like that since.... "Don't fucking move. I'm sure if you were armed you'd do something stupid by now," she pushes your face back into the light of a yellowed streetlamp. "Oh," she breathes.
"You recognize me. So I'm guessing I recognize you. This what you meant by 'other work'."
"You're a real piece of shit if this is the first job you take. I saw right through that shitty makeup scar by the way. What the hell is wrong with you?"
"It's not-"
"Go to hell with your excuses, give me one reason I shouldn't blow your brains out right now."
"Are you ready to do that?" you ask.
"What? Shoot you? I've done it for less."
"Then maybe I was wrong."
"Wrong about what?"
"That there are other people who want change. You said it yourself; the scar's fake. This isn't the real me."
She paused. "Get off your high horse," despite that... she lowered the gun. "I make a living off of this shithole being a shithole. It just pisses me off that kids are forced into prostitution."
"Okay then. I don't need a partner. I have this handled."
"Sure thing," she turns away. "If you tell Chilton, you're a dead man."
"Chilton-?"
"Max. That asshole who works for Stan. And I mean the threat. I'll find you before you find me."
>"Oh I doubt that."
>"Wait, at least tell me your name."
>"See you later then,"
>Return to Max without saying a thing.
>>
>>4857840
>"See you later then,"
>>
>>4857840
>"Oh I doubt that."
>>
>>4857840
>>"Oh I doubt that."
>>
>>4857840
>>"Oh I doubt that."
>>
>>4857840
>>"Oh I doubt that."
>>
File: the underpass.jpg (2101 KB, 4500x3005)
2101 KB
2101 KB .jpg
>>4857854
>>4857926
>>4859182
>>4860202
>>4861307
"You doubt that?" she laughs, "And why's that?"
"I have my means. I'm not just some punk mad at the world."
"So? What the hell are your qualifications?"
>(up front) years of training oversees, with people more dangerous than 'Stan'.
>(mysterious) I'm a ghost
>(obscure) I think I'll prove it for myself.
The woman breathes. "Fine," she says. "Don't look for me again. I'm only doing this because I don't want more Hollys on the streets. I am not your ally."
With that, she ran.
>run after her to subdue her
>run after her to try and continue talking
>go back to your damn job
>>
>>4861842
>>
>>4861842
>>
>>4861842
>>(obscure) I think I'll prove it for myself.
>>go back to your damn job
>>
>>4861842
>>
I say we keep this persona for when we want to take some organization down from the bottom and create Matches for dealing with the leaders. That way if one gets compromised we have a back-up way in while we create a new identity
>>
>>4861842
>>
>>4861842
>>
File: midnight highway.jpg (105 KB, 1280x720)
105 KB
105 KB .jpg
>>4861847
>>4862592
>>4862763
>>4862997
>>4863186
>>4863371
As she disappears into the night, you go back to that miserable job.
So. You were going to have to prove yourself. Good. You were determined to do something good, more and more every minute.
"Ty! Get back here. Where'd the bitch go."
"Pulled a gun on me. Got away," you huff. "The girls"
"Most didn't wanna one. Gave some of the naughtier ones a, uh," he rubbed his knuckles with a sick smile, "a lesson."
"Good," you lie through your teeth, "are the tires good?"
"Nah, they're fucked. Already called a guy to get us a spare. Help me get the one out from under though, we can replace that one ourselves."
>help him
>lie about getting pistol whipped. Make the bastard do his own dirty work

A few minutes later, a new man in a truck pulls up, and replaces the other tire. Max slips him at least a few hundred. "Goddammit," he mutters after, "Stan better reimburse me." You just say nothing as he turns the van on and keeps on going.

As it drives down the highway, you eventually see the sparkling towers of Gotham heights come into view. And they just kept getting closer to Wayne Tower. You didn't like this. Not one bit.
Sweat poured down your temple. Your jaw clenched. This wasn't the plan. What the hell were they doing here?
Then, your worst fears were confirmed. Max turned the van into an industrial parking garage. It was used by multiple buildings in the area, but only one of them mattered.
Wayne tower.
"You good Ty? You look like you've seen a ghost," says Max, "C'mon, these girls get to be the party favors. They're the goddamn lucky ones."
Party favors.
"You got something to say?" he asks.
>(write in)
>>
>>4864684
>help him
>"Heh, shouldn't surprise me that the pansies in Wayne Corp wanna get their rocks off, I guess I just figured we were gonna drop the whores off at a safe house to start with." while suppressing the urge to vomit.
Looks like we're gonna end up cleaning house in more ways than one at Wayne Corp.
>>
>>4864684
>lie about getting pistol whipped. Make the bastard do his own dirty work
>"Heh, shouldn't surprise me that the pansies in Wayne Corp wanna get their rocks off, I guess I just figured we were gonna drop the whores off at a safe house to start with." while suppressing the urge to vomit.
>>
>>4864684
>Help him.
Gain his trust.
>"Don't panic but... fuck I think we might have been followed. I know the area..." lead him somewhere secluded or failing that wait til he's stopped and sucker punch him.

Hopefully we can get the drop location out of him, mask up/glove up, and get the drop on the Wayne executives.
>>
any +1s?
>>
>>4864684
>>4864689
+1
>>
>>4864689
>>4864966
>>4865064
>>4867640
You feign bemusement at knowing that "the pansies in Wayne Corp" were a client, but only want to vomit more now than ever before.
Max looks over and shrugs. "Stereotypes are true. And you know what," he pats you on the shoulder, clearly appreciative of how helpful you've been, "they make us fuckin' bank. So let's go sell some girls."
A door to the side of the loading depot for 18-wheelers opens. Out of it come a few guards and two men in suits. You recognize them- Dekker, a board member in financials, and Blake, the head of security. Of your own goddamn company. You were gonna be sick.
Max opened the van doors and hopped out. "Now, with the real money here, it's not like the pimps. They get what they can get, and buying bulk means discount. These boys are pickier. They only take the ones who look the sexiest." He didn't have to say it like that. You couldn't wait until he was gonna rot in jail. "We usually wouldn't take a chance on newbies for this exact destination, but you know what, Goldstein? I like you," he said as he opened the door.
With him, keeping as straight of a face as you could, you led the half dozen or so girls out right in front of your slimeball employees.
Dekker stepped down, looking at the girls with ravenous eyes. "Good evening gentlemen, these ones look.... fantastic...."
You breathed heavily. Just yesterday, Paul Dekker was wearing an obnoxious green tie and staring you down in a board room. Now, in a slightly better red one, he was purchasing teen prostitutes. "I think we may take the lot. Any objections, Blake?" he shouted.
"All look like fine pieces of ass to me," Blake yelled back. Some of the girls giggled. Like it was a compliment.
"Good good," he scanned over them, as if to check if he'd missed something.
Then he looked over at you.
"New employee, Max?"
"Uh, yeah, He's just muscle. Had an emergency spot to fill 'cause I didn't wanna do this alone."
He looked at you with narrowed eyes.
"I think.... that I know you from somewhere."
Oh, shit.
>(write in)
>>
>>4867728
>Maybe not the best to word my idea but if I figure if we paint a story that makes him look good Blake is less likely to question it, so...
>"I think you almost caught when I was trying to hit this place for a solo job a while back. Part of the reason I decided to join a crew."