[3 / an / cgl / diy / gd / i / n / out / p / po / qst / s4s / t / trv / vip / vm / vmg / w / wg / wsr / ] [Settings]
Board
Settings Home
/qst/ - Mitsuba Archive

File: file.png (302 KB, 408x406)
302 KB
302 KB .png
Your name is David Rockefeller. No relation.
You're a military vet, spent three tours in iraq to pay for college which you never attended.

After watching all your buddies die in an IED explosion back in 2013, you were sent home with a purple heart and a slap on the ass.
You spent a year training recruits at fort shithole before being honorably discharged and eventually found yourself working in a body shop where you got pretty good at grinding, hammering and welding.

You saved up, bought some land and built a house out in the countryside where you live with your dog and the wheat.
Everything's been going pretty well since then. You found a nice girl you'd like to see more often, and your old injuries don't bother you like they used to.

That's where you were, last you remember. At your house, out on the porch with ol' Mutt looking up at the stars.
And then... things get fuzzy. A flash of light. A burning sensation. You thought for a second you were back in that damned APC, together with your buddies.
But as the ringing in your ears starts to dim, you hear someone speaking. Just lifting your eyelids is a struggle right now, but once they open you see something that knocks you wide awake.

"How are the readings?"

"Good, i believe. It's vitals are reading close to projected normal values."

"And the brainwave patterns?"

"Disjointed, but not dangerous. We'll have to wait some time before we can tell if it took..."

An alarm began to sound.

"What's that?"

"I-It's waking up! It's beta waves are spiking! Quickly, sedate it!"

Two little green men... well, their skin is more grey than green, but still.
You move to sit up, but feel something restraining you. You feel an adrenaline rush starting to come on.
One of the aliens grabs a device from a tray cart and loads it with a vial full of glowing blue liquid. You don't like where this is going.

>Try to speak with them
>Try to break your restraints and kick their asses
>Pretend to fall back asleep
>>
>>4844220
>>Try to speak with them
>>
>>4844220
>Try to speak with them
Lets strike up a casual conversation with the space manlets.
>>
>play dead
>>
>>4844225
>>4844224
>>4844222

You only have a split second to make a decision, and you decide to try and reason with them.

"H-Hold on there! Woah little guy, what's in that syringe? Look, i don't want any trouble!"

The aliens stop in their tracks, their giant black eyes nearly bugging out of their oversized heads.

"Incredible. It certainly took, alright."

"Entirely too well, it would seem. We'll have to tune it down before it's a viable product. Alright, quickly Eighteen. We've already made a severe breach of protocol. I don't want any more incidents."

"Right. I can't believe it's actually capable of speech..."

The one named "Eighteen" thumps the vial with one of his long, greasy-looking fingers and starts walking over towards you.

"Hold on, i said! Don't inject me with that crap, i'm serious!"

They're totally ignoring you. Shit!
You don't see any obvious anal probes lying around the room, but...
Well, if you were going to do something now might be the time.

>Try to break free and defend yourself
>Pray for your asshole and hope for the best
>>
>>4844254
>pray
>>
>>4844254
>>
>>4844254
>Try to break free and defend yourself
Show some goddamed gumption! Do not go gently!
>>
>>4844254
>>
>>4844254
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOIcqR0vGpQ&t
this is fucking funny
>>
>>4844298
>>4844269
>>4844312

You're honestly about to freak out right now, but there's not much you can do.
Even if you bust out of here, you don't know how many enemies there are. You don't know what kind of weapons they have, and for god's sakes, you definitely don't know how to fly a fucking spaceship!

They could do anything to you if you resisted, and that's a terrifying thought. Sometimes it's better to just lay back and think of england... er, america.
Although you tense up as the little grey man places his tool against your skin, you don't try anything. You hear a gentle hiss, and... nothing.

"The hypo-stim won't penetrate it's skin at standard settings. You'll need to up the pressure, at least three times normal."

"That much? I know it's from a category twelve, but that's still insane for something without a carapace."

"Just be glad it seems docile, Eighteen."

The little man adjusts a dial on top of his syringe, then tries again. You hear a much harsher hiss this time, but still don't feel anything... until you do.
All of a sudden your vision swims and you feel cold all over. Your body becomes heavy and your muscles go limp.

"..."

"It's still awake, sir."

"I'm aware of that. Give it a second dose."

"That's... quite a lot, isn't it? It's already had enough to put down a Slyvern."

"We barely have any data on these things, Eighteen. If it needs more, it needs more. If it dies, it dies. There's plenty more of them down there, so don't worry about it."

Without hesitation, the assistant injects you a second time. As your consciousness fades, you hear them continuing to speak.

"Looks good... Brain is... Beta waves..."

Oh man, you're seriously fucked up. Reminds you of that time you took a bong hit so huge that you passed out and whanged your head off an engine block...
It takes a second to realize where you are. You're still on that alien ship, only... you're in some sort of pod now.

Through the glass you can see the medical room you were in before, which is now devoid of little green men.
However, there's also a bright red light flashing throughout the room, and you can see smoke pouring in through a slightly jarred-open door.
It's completely silent in here, but you can only assume there's a klaxon of some sort sounding as well.

There's nothing restraining you now. You're about to kick open the pod door, but then you notice some odd runes written above small keypad.
You have no idea what the runes mean, and yet you can read them somehow. They say "Open/Close", "Flush Coolant" and "Initiate Stasis" respectively.

Given the situation, you think you'll go for button number one.
Pressing the button, the pod door swings up and out of the way, revealing the body of one of the little green men before you.
He has a massive head wound, and he's laying in a pool of nasty-looking purple blood.
Smoke continues to pour into the room, albeit slowly.
>>
>>4844351
>>4844326

>Look around for a weapon to defend yourself
>Try to find some sort of fire extinguisher
>See if the alien is still alive
>>
>>4844352
>Look around for a weapon to defend yourself

Fuck the aliens it's time to break shit and hurt people
>>
>>4844352
>>Try to find some sort of fire extinguisher
lets worry about the bigger problem at hand rigth
>>
Theme song for the quest: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NCuBalItZA8
>>
>>4844352
>Try to find some sort of fire extinguisher
some alien blaster won't stop us from burning alive plus it might be useable as a makeshift weapon depending on what it's like
>>
>>4844376
>>4844375
>>4844371
>>4844359

First thing's first - fire on a spaceship? Not ideal.

"Okay, if i was an alien fire extinguisher, where would i be?"

Looking around, you find a pair of panels in the wall near the door with more of those runes above them. "NX-03 Chemical Suppressant" and "Argon Foam Flame Suppressant" respectively.

Grabbing the right one, you force the jammed door open and run out into the hall, where you see another paid of dead aliens.
Putrid black smoke is filling the hall, and you see a puddle of something plastic-like burning near a busted panel on the wall.

The extinguisher is simply button-operated, so it's quite easy to use. You spray down the puddle which immediately goes out with a hiss, covered in a bright white foam that seems to harden over it's surface.
The flames are out, but the busted panel continues to spark, so you spray it down as well. You can't really tell, but it seems to have worked as you can't hear any arcing anymore.

The two aliens you saw before don't appear to have any wounds on them, at least at first glance. Could they have died from smoke inhalation?
No, couldn't be... even now there's not really all that much. Certainly not enough to kill you.
One thing you do notice, now that you're looking closer, is that their skin seems discolored.

Was it hypoxia after all...? Something in the smoke, rather than the smoke itself? You wonder what color they turn when they suffocate.
Either way, the question now is what to do next. With the fire out and no immediate obvious threat, you find yourself alone on an alien ship.

>Look for a living crewmate and demand some answers
>Look for a weapon
>Look for a computer
>Other?
>>
>>4844477
>Look for a weapon

Just in case we need the upper hand
>>
>>4844477
>Find a weapon
First things first...

>Chief, you mind telling me what you're doing on that ship?
>>
>>4844505
>>4844499

Well, second thing's second.
Does anyone happen to have a ray-gun on them?

A quick rummaging through their bright white jumpsuits says no.
You also don't see anything like an emergency security station. They look to be completely unarmed.
Makes sense if it's a science vessel, but even a scientist should have a pistol if they're doing stuff like this...

Oh well. You don't expect alien bastards to be enlightened on the right to bear arms.
Instead, you find a sturdy-looking... whatever this is. You don't know. It's a pole that's made mostly out of metal, and that's all that matters.
And promptly rip it out of the wall. It sparks at the base, implying that it wasn't decorative and perhaps had some purpose other than extreme violence.

Your thoughts then turn to the syringe that one alien stuck you with, full of glowing blue goo.
Sure enough, it's still sitting there on the cart, although the vial is mostly empty. There's three or four more of them sitting there in small case, though.
Looking the thing over, it seems to be the type that injects fluids under the skin using a spray of high pressure air. You only see one knob on it.
So higher pressure means a higher dosage, you guess. "If it's more dangerous, use more sedative." you assume.

You could probably crank this thing all the way up and kill whatever you inject, but these guys don't look particularly threatening to you.
In fact, they're kind of squishy and a little bit slimy, with skin so thin you can literally see their veins underneath.
You don't like how live and let die they were being with you, but you're still kind of in shock here so you haven't decided whether you want to take any prisoners yet.

>Keep the stim on stun
>Set anesthetics to kill

Also, what do next?
>Explore the ship
>See if you can find some sort of computer terminal
>>
>>4844585
>Set anesthetics to kill
Fuck 'em, they don't value our lives.

>>
>>4844585
>Set anesthetics to kill
>Explore the ship
>>
>>4844585
>Explore the ship
>Keep the stim on stun
>>
>>4844585
>Set stims to stun
If it can talk it's got answers

>Find a computer terminal

What are we wearing
>>
>>4844585
>>Keep the stim on stun
>>See if you can find some sort of computer terminal
we need answers to see what the fuck is happening
>>
>>4844585
>Keep the stim on stun
>>
>>4844732
You are currently wearing tan cargo shorts and a white wifebeater. No shoes.
>>
>>4845072
>>4844765
>>4844732
>>4844680
>>4844635
>>4844600

Aliens are more useful to you alive than dead, you decide.
Turning the stim down to it's lowest setting, you move on to poking around at the various panels on the wall until you find... something. Anything, really.

There are a lot of "computers" here but not the sort you're really looking for. They all seem to control the medical equipment in this room.
Except for one, that is. It's holographic interface lights up and display a full set of characters, some of which confuse you a bit and kind of give you a headache to look at.

But this is definitely a proper computer, you're sure of that.
Not because it looks like one, but because it starts speaking like one.

"Error: Extreme system fault detected. Rebooting... ... ... Complete. Warning, extreme latent radiation detected. Shields offline, evacuation recommended. Warning, hull breach detected near the aft cargo bay. Hermetic seals holding. Warning, smoke detected near the xenobiological facility. Initiating emergency air scrubbers."

Okay. This is fine. Everything is fine.
No, everything is not fine. Fuck, radiation?

"Critical safety threshold reached. Initiating emergency protocols. Scanning... One life sign detected. Restructuring chain of command. Complete."

You what now?

"Captain, i am awaiting your orders."

"Uhhh... can you tell me what's happening? Er, status report!"

"We have been attacked using an unknown weapon. Immediately following, shields were damaged and all electrical systems noted severe faults within their internal logic and required rebooting. The vessel's armor status is unknown, but a hull breach was detected in cargo bay 01. All life-critical systems are still functional, but high levels of beta and gamma-class radiation have been detected throughout the vessel."

Well gee, that sounds a lot like you got fucking nuked.

"Okay... how high is "high" exactly?"

"My apologies captain, but the initial wave of radiation overwhelmed my sensors. I can only approximate a value. After the shields failed, ship is presumed to have absorbed approximately half a grey of radiation. Currently, the ship is experiencing 0.01 grays of latent radiation throughout, per hour. That value is expected to fall rapidly as the hull is scrubbed, but is currently at extremely unsafe levels."

Wait, that's all? I mean, it ain't good for sure, but that's barely enough to make someone sick.

"Er, alright... You just get to scrubbing then, i guess. In the meantime, do you know where we are?"

"My apologies, captain. I do not."

"...Why?"

"According to combat protocol, after we were attacked and no order was given, a randomized slipspace jump was initiated. We are currently sitting in orbit around an unnamed K-Type star."

"Alright, well can you take me back?"

"That would be inadvisable, captain."

"Again, why?"

"You would likely be attacked again. Further, navigation logs have been purged in accordance with "black project" guidelines."
>>
>>4845108
I fucking love this, QM. Keep em coming.
>>
>>4845108

"So what you're telling me is that you're completely useless? Typical. Technology is the same no matter where you go."

"My apologies, captain."

"Whatever. Are the... thrusters? Are they online?"

"The impulse drive and black box reactor are both fully functional, captain."

Alright, so you have a few options here.
You have no idea where earth is. You have no idea where you are. You have no idea if there's anything to eat on this ship besides dead aliens.

You could probably send out an SOS, but what are the chances you'd get hauled off as a mass-murderer or wild animal? I mean, this isn't a good look.
You could try jumping around randomly to nearby stars and hope one of them is the sun. But you don't know how far or in what direction that "random jump" took you.
Or, you could just...

"Computer?"

"Yes, captain?"

"Do you know where any stations are?"

"Yes. All publicly available stations are registered on our star maps, captain. I'm afraid the black sites have been scrubbed from those charts, however."

"So if i asked you to take me to, i dunno, a trade hub or something?"

"That would pose no issue, captain."

Alright, so there's something. Again though, you have no idea what'll happen once you get there.
So, what'll it be?

>Try to send out an SOS
>Jump around at random and try to get lucky finding earth
>Jump to some nearby trade hub and wing it from there
>>
>>4845117
Are the weapons systems functional? What about any defenses? I'd like to know about that sort of thing first, so we don't just get murked in the first hub we stop at.
>>
>>4845117
Perhaps we should preserve the bodies of the aliens perhaps there is a brain scanner that can be used on them
>>
>>4845138

Almost as an afterthought, you ask the computer one more thing.

"Computer, are there any weapons on this ship? Any defenses besides the shields?"

"Yes, captain. There is a single 1.21 gigavolt multiphasic laser cannon are the fore of the ship. However, that alone may not be sufficient against pirates and other threats. The ship's cloaking device appears to be functional but dark matter reserves are currently somewhat low, so it is recommended that they be kept off except in cases of emergency."

"And how do i pilot the ship if we get attacked?"

"It is recommended that you leave piloting to the automated systems, but a manual piloting system is available on the bridge in case of emergency. Caution should be taken when using it, as it bypasses all safety parameters typically enforced by software."

Well, that's good to know.

>Vote continues
>>
>>4845148
>can you give me the distance that we jumped based on the meantime we were traveling faster than light?

you might not be able to get a perfect answer but a starting point would be better than nothing
>>
>>4845117
>Jump to a nearby trade hub
Uhh, we should do something with all these bodies though. I'm torn between disposing of them or keeping them as evidence.

We were in a stasis pod, we've got a cargo bay, are there are stasis containers we could dump these guys into in the cargo bay? Then even if we decide to get rid of them at least all we have to do is jettison the container into a sun.

Oh hey actually if we've got a stasis chamber in the cargo bay can we just jettison it into a stable orbit around our current star once we load the bodies in (after we strip them of valuables)? That way we've still got them as evidence, but nobody's gonna inspect our ship and find a bunch of dead greys.
>>
>>4845176
I am of the opinion that until they are proven unusable for anything important, that we keep them
>>
>>4845179
Does your mental calculus factor in the possible negative impact that having a ship full of bodies might bring should we encounter authorities? I feel that keeping them, but in storage and not immediately (and incriminatingly) next to us is a solid compromise.
>>
>>4845173

"Computer, do you at least have any idea how far we might have jumped?"

"Based on the amount of dark energy that was consumed, i estimate us to have crossed between 13,000 and 14,000 light years, depending on the resistance of local subspace."

>Vote continues

>>4845176
There are several similar pods available in the medbay. They are far larger than the greys themselves, so you could probably stuff them all into a single pod if you really wanted to.

There are two cargo bays. Or, well, there were two. One of them is a big gaping hole, and the other is perfectly fine. You could dump them into a storage crate, or toss them out into space wherever you please.
>>
>>4845117
>>
>>4845243
I vote we put the ayys in a cryo pod, check the other pods, and then see if there's some kind of ship manifest/inventory.

Computer, risk assessment of staying in current location for the time being.

This is cool QM.
>>
>>4845253
Support
>>
>>4845253
support
So we becoming a space warlord as our end goal?
>>
>>4845117

>>4845267
We have a dog and a girl back home. I mean, I guess we don't know how serious thins were with that girl, alas. Mutt needs feeding, though. Let's get on home.
>>
>>4845283
then we take the dog with us, I'm sure he will love it.
Regardless we may have to worry about the fact we are basically stealing a ship with a bunch of corpses on board
>>
>>4845148
Welp, I'm glad I asked.
>>4845253
Support.
>>
>>4845283
>>4845247
>>4845176
>>4845325

"Computer... can you do some kind of risk assessment of staying in the current system for the time being?"

"Of course, captain. Given all available information, the likelihood of encountering hostile vessels here is 0%."

"Oh, well. That's good."

"The likelihood of dying from radiation sickness is 100%."

"If i'm a grey, maybe."

"The likelihood of dying from malnutrition or loss of ship power, given enough time, is also 100%."

"...How much time?"

"Approximately one year, five months and thirteen days, given four out of five crew members commit themselves to cryo-stasis."

"Well that fucking settles it then, doesn't it? Alright, where's the closest trade hub?"

"Xebric station is located precisely 2,203.13665 light years from our present position. Population approximately 1.13 million mixed individuals."

"Mixed?"

"Meaning a mix of all different races from across the galaxy."

Perfect. That's exactly what you need to fit in... assuming there's more than three or four races out there.

"Alright, set a course for Xebric. Maximum warp!"

"Captain, it is inadvisable to set the black box reactor to maximum output due to inherent instability in the quantum field at those energies."

"Right, of course. I knew that. Ahem, computer! Set a course for Xebric! Maximum safe warp!"

"Right away, captain. Initiating black box reaction in three... two... one... Spacial sheath confirmed. Estimated time until arrival is six hours."

"Six hours?! For two thousand lightyears? And you said we jumped Fourteen thousand?!"

"That was my estimate, yes."

Shit, that means i've been out for like, two days already.
Then, how long have these guys been dead for? They don't stink or anything, but their bodies are already cold.
You decide to stuff them all into one of those pods in the medbay, including the one you assume to have been the previous captain. His jumpsuit is red instead of white, and you found him in the cockpit.

Pressing the "Initiate Stasis" button on the outside, you are greeted with a holographic keypad asking you to input the freeze duration. "9999" seems like a good answer.
You then see a number of small needles fly out from the walls of the pod and search around for a moment before stabbing into the dead aliens.
Some sort of blue fluid flow into them, while their blood flows out. Not long after that, what you can only assume to be liquid nitrogen floods the capsule and boils vigorously, eventually freezing them all solid. Or at least, it brings them down to cryogenic temperatures.
You have an idea of how this stuff is supposed to work in theory, but who the hell knows what this thing is actually doing.
>>
>>4845346

After confirming the condition of your pile of aliens, you take a look at the other pods. They all appear to be empty.

"Computer, is there some kind of inventory log or ship manifest i could go through?"

"Yes, captain. Although i'm afraid all information about the crew has been wiped in accordance with "black project" guidelines."

"I've heard that one before. Just show me what you've got."

"Very well, captain. I've transferred the requested information to your holopad."

"My holo... ah. Do you know where "my" holopad is?"

"In the captain's chambers, next to your hibernation capsule."

Sure enough, you find it on a small table in the room you were directed to. It's more of a broom closet than a "captain's chambers" though.
Yep, it's a tablet. A holographic tablet with who knows how much processing power, but a tablet still. It's pretty easy to control.

"Let's see... mmm... yep. I have no clue what most of this shit is."

"Those are various chemicals used in medicine and experimentation, captain."

"Yeah, i got that much. I'm not a chemist, so none of this means much to me."

"What's this "nutrient paste" listed on the bottom? Don't tell me it's what i think it is."

"Nutrient paste is used as a food ration on long-range excursions. It is filling, hydrating, nutritious and hypoallergenic for most, if not all known species."

"And the flavor?"

"There is none."

"Yeah, okay. Is there real food on this station we're headed to?"

"Nutrient paste is real, captain."

"Not what i'm asking."

"There is a large variety of food from many different alien cultures on Xebric station, captain. Please be aware that not all food may be compatible with your biology, nor your taste and texture preferences."

"Oh thank christ almighty."

Admittedly, you're starting to get hungry. However, you manage to pull through without even remotely considering eating nutrient paste.
Six hours pass in the blink of an eye, and you find yourself approaching Xebric station. It looks to be built into an asteroid, although there's a lot of metal hanging outside of it as well.
As you approach, a voice comes over comms.

"This is flight control to GGC-09, you're approved for automated docking in bay three."

"Computer, initiate docking procedure."

"Affirmative, captain."

With the ship's computer taking over, you get to look out of the cockpit for the first time as the ship's armor slides down off the canopy.
It's... pretty incredible. There are ships whizzing by all over the place, bright lights and aliens visible through thick glass on the station.

"Wow. I never thought i'd see something like this."

"Mag-locks are engaged, captain. You're free to exit the ship."

Alright... here goes nothing!
Stepping out of the ship, you're immediately greeted by security.

"Ah, shit."
>>
>>4845407

The "man" who greets you looks like a big, green, floating octopus with six eyes. Except it's wearing a badge and has a holopad of it's own.

"Greetings, captain. On entry our sensors indicated elevated levels of radiation and severe damage to a portion of your ship. Care to explain?

"Uhhh...

>Try to bluff your way through (Roll 1d100, best of three)
>Tell him the truth
>Other?
>>
File: 0_WXLkkLwZ7oRec92C.jpg (36 KB, 647x365)
36 KB
36 KB .jpg
>>4845432
>Tell him the truth
Didn't make ayylmao popsicles for nothing and it's obvious he doesn't find us humans interesting or unique *at all.* He's just concerned with the damage to the ship. They're gonna want to inspect it anyway so may as well get it out of the way.

Also mention that the ship recognizes us as the captain now and takes our commands.
>>
Rolled 41 (1d100)

>>4845432
>Try to bluff your way through (Roll 1d100, best of three)
>”I accidentally crashed into an asteroid”
>>
>>4845432
>Tell him the truth
We got attacked--our computer can vouch. No need to make a bad impression yet, plus if they want to detain us there's not much we can do. This is a trade hub--maybe we can get our at some sort of VISITOR'S CENTER?

Also gotta say, OP--really digging this so far. You've got a pretty vivid writing style!
>>
>>4845526
>>4845453
>>4845495

You decide to tell him the "truth" as you see it. Lies of omission don't count, right?

"Uhhh... yeah, sure. Alright, where to start? I guess you could say i'm from the boonies. Not from around here, that is."

"Certainly, i've never seen your species before. Don't worry though, captain! This station serves all sorts!"

"Thanks. Well, anyways, i was minding my own business when these assholes attacked me out of nowhere!"

"My goodness!"

"They were talking about my brain and wanted to inject me with weird chemicals and experiment on me!"

"That's horrific!"

"But then they all died!"

"..."

"Well it wasn't me! I dunno what the hell hit us, but whatever it was killed them all. I guess i was shielded by the stasis pod they'd shoved me into."

"Right. And the damage to your ship?"

"Also caused by whatever hit us. My shields are fried, too."

"I see... well, your ship's logs seem to back up your story, as ridiculous as it sounds. Do you have any wounded onboard? Do they need assistance?"

"Uh... no, not exactly. Don't worry, the rest of the crew has nothing to worry about anymore."

"Well, that's good. Blasted pirates, i wouldn't be surprised if they overloaded their own reactor by accident. Those old ships are barely holding together half the time."

"Yeah..."

"Well, your ship will need significant repairs before we can allow it to leave dock again. If you and your crew need a place to stay, there's a boarding house four wards down from here.
Oh, and your cargo will need inspection before you're allowed to peddle it. There's been an uptick of redsang smuggling lately."

"Is that all?"

"Sure. Just don't make trouble. If you need help adjusting to the culture here, you can speak to one of the consultants near customs."

Phew. Okay, you're not in trouble somehow. That's great. That's amazing. Best news you've had all day.
The only question is, now that you're here, what should you do?

You assume you're going to need money, which the computer has thankfully explained is handled through the holopad, but you don't know if the chemicals you have onboard are legal or not. You have a feeling that some of them aren't, just based on what you've been through so far.
Besides that, you'll need food, a place to sleep, and... woah, that's an ugly bastard.

"What are you lookin' at, biped?"

>A hulking, purple gas-bag by the looks of it.
>Nothing, sorry.
>(ignore him)
>>
>>4845587
Golly, first contact!
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IL6gRvTihfg
>>
>>4845587
>A hulking purple gas bag by the looks of it
kek, our man is really taking this whole alien abduction thing in stride, which is probably the best possible form of first contact. Better than him making onions faces at the ayys and the melting pot kind of shaking their feelers at the embarrassing display. Might as well act like it's business as usual.

Ask about somewhere we can make some spacebux and any charges for repairs. We are far from home and got no dosh.
>>
>>4845587
>Nothing, sorry.
>>
>>4845587
>>
>>4845587
>>A hulking, purple gas-bag by the looks of it.
>>
>>4845741
>>4845740
>>4845670
>>4845629
>>4845606

You ready yourself for a fight, relaxing your muscles and widening your stance as you glare at him.

"A hulking, purple gas-bag by the looks of it. You got a problem with me?"

Whatever it is, it seems shocked that you'd talk back at it like that. It's about to say something when it's eyes lock onto yours.
You don't look away from him for even an instant, still ready to lash out the second he moves.

But he doesn't. Instead he seems to freeze up, and his purple-colored skin rapidly gains a bunch of splotchy brown rings that shift around slowly.

"H-Hehehe, you've really got a pair, you know that? I don't know what it is, but there's something about you, big guy. Hey listen, are you up for some dirty work? The pay's good, if you can deliver."

>What kind of dirty work?
>Sorry, i'd rather stay above board.
>>
>>4845765
If you're asking me about dirty work you might be looking to buy some of the chems I got on my ship here
>>
>>4845765
Shame there isn't a "my brain is still jostled from almost getting blown up" option but I guess unscrupulous business demands swiftness.
>>
>>4845765
>>
>>4845765
>I'd like to stay above board
We just got here and don't exactly have the brains to know a pile of lugnuts from money right now. I say we find some kind of database to tell us where we are and about this space station we're on.

What's our ship look like QM
>>
>>4845765
Lets get a hold of the economic situation first before we delve deep.
>>
>>4845765
>What kind of dirty work

Surprised that an alien would use a euphemism like a "pair". Considering they've never seen his kind before. But if those brown rings are indications of anything, our boy is about to get his chocolate starfish massaged.
>>
File: file.png (2635 KB, 2033x1080)
2635 KB
2635 KB .png
>>4845842
Approximately like this.
Big enough to have individual rooms, but not exactly huge.
>>
>>4845853
That's the work of your translator implant.
He isn't saying "pair" but your brain interprets it that way, because that's what he means.
Likewise, your ship's AI has no idea what a "grey" or an "hour" is. It's just working together with your implant to give you whatever you'll understand.
>>
>>4845765
>What kind of dirty work
>>
>>4845890
>>4845853
>>4845851
>>4845842
>>4845799
>>4845787
>>4845770

You quickly look around for the security officer from before. He's busy with someone else, somewhere else.

"What sort of dirty work?"

"Ahhh, i knew you were up for it! Listen, some punks from out of system have been causing us trouble lately, cutting in on our turf. It's real simple, all you gotta do is teach them a lesson. Think you can do that?"

"I could, possibly. What's the pay?"

"1,500 credits, take it or leave it. And don't forget, you're not allowed to kill them. Last thing we need is an investigation, you understand?"

Now's probably not a good time to let this guy know that you have no idea what 1,500 credits is worth.
Apparently the translator doesn't account for a general sense of value.

Well, it's true that you need money. According to the computer you only have 500 credits in an "emergency expense fund" of some sort.
The only question now is whether it's worth beating up some gangsters for it.

>I'll take the job, just point me at them.
>Sorry, not rich enough for my blood.
>Try to jew him up (will require a roll)
>>
>>4845990
>I'll take the job, just point me at them.
>>
>I'll do the job
Whelp, guess it's time to put our syringes too work and get to bonking ayys
>>
>>4845990
>Shalom, what do you take me for? A cheap whore? 2,000 credits and they'll never fuck with you again.
>>
>>4845990
>>Shalom, what do you take me for? A cheap whore? 2,000 credits and they'll never fuck with you again.
>>
>>4845990
>>I'll take the job, just point me at them.
its best not ask for too much sometimes
>>
>>4845990
>Shalom, what do you take me for? A cheap whore? 2,000 credits and they'll never fuck with you again.
>>
>shalom
>not oy vey
>>
>>4846372
We're not actually jewish, we don't know their ways. Have you never heard of roleplaying, you fuck
>>
Rolled 35 (1d100)

>>4845990
>>
>>4846457
Typical goy.
>>
>>4845990
>Oy vey, what do you take me for? A cheap whore? 2,000 credits and they'll never fuck with you again.

>>4846457
>We're not actually jewish
What, and we've never read a Stan lee comic or watched a Mel Brooks movie? Come on, dude.
>>
>>4846574
Sadly we have spent all our time reading Lovecraft and didn't have time for anything else. Alas.
>>
>>4845990
>Oy vey, what do you take me for? A cheap whore? 2,000 credits and they'll never fuck with you again.
Saucy as fuck! I love it!
>>
>>4845990
>>
>>4846598
>>4846574
>>4846255
>>4846251
>>4846201
>>4846123
>>4846050
>>4846018
>>4846666

Roll me 1d100, taking the first three. DC is 30.
>>
Rolled 15 (1d100)

>>4846667
>>
Rolled 40 (1d100)

>>4846667
>>
Rolled 30 (1d100)

>>4846667
>>
Rolled 54 (1d100)

>>4846667
Maximum JEW
>>
>>4846667
>30
good fucking god, you guys are nuts

you all better hope this is roll over and not under
>>
>>4846698
AIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>4846750
I thought it was, but then remembered this is a different quest.
>>
>>4846750
If it was either it would be a pass. The one rolled over, one rolled under, and one rolled on the nose. That would be two passes no matter how you look at it.
>>
>>4846750
lol, you passed. don't worry about it.
I'll post after i've had a while to wake up.
>>
>>4846673
>>4846677
>>4846698
>>4846699
>>4846750
>>4846770

"Oy vey!"

"Huh?

You take a more aggressive stance once again, and poke him in the chest while you're talking to him. God, he's slimy...

"You must think i'm a cheap bitch, huh? Let me tell you something, gas-bag. Ain't nobody puttin' their ass on the line for pennies."

"W-Well, that's..."

"Listen here. You pay me properly and they'll never fuck with you again. That's a promise."

He looks like he's about to refuse, but then his eye catches yours again and he relents, literally deflating somewhat. Was he puffing his chest out this whole time?

"Fine, man! Just... don't tell anyone about this, alright? I'm not supposed to budge. I'll give you 500 credits up front and 1,500 more when the job is done."

That's a good reaction. You still don't know the value of a credit, but you can guess from this guy's inflection and body language that an extra 500 credits isn't nothing.
He takes out his holopad and gestures to you, so you take out your as well. He inputs a number and bumps the tablets together, apparently transferring the funds.

"I sent you the location data as well. They usually hang out near a shop called "Gek's" in Zakera ward. Don't even think about taking the money and running."

"Yeah, yeah. I got you. Don't worry about it."

With the negotiations complete, you part ways with the gas-bag and follow your holopad's navigation marker. It's almost like GPS, but for literally anywhere apparently.
The pad leads you to what looks like an elevator of some sort, which you enter together with a bunch of odd-looking aliens.
Your pad dings as it interfaces automatically with the elevator, informing it of your destination.

One by one, the aliens in the elevator get off until none are left. And yet you keep going down and down, deeper into the asteroid.
Finally it stops and the door opens. You're greeted with a rotten stench of garbage and stale air. Oh boy, the slums.

Almost immediately an emaciated alien with a crazed look in it's eye-cluster holds out a bugged-out looking holopad.

"Spare some change, biped?"

"Fuck off, eyeballs."

"No respect! They never give Germo any respect! Bah!"
>>
>>4847488

Ignoring the ranting going on behind you, you continue following the navmarker. Although you keep much more of an eye on your surroundings now.
There's a lot of downtrodden people here, and it doesn't look much different from any third world shithole back on earth. Damn, poverty exists everywhere you guess.

"Well well, what have we got here?"

You turn to face the voice, and see a group of three aliens.

"This one's got good reactions!"

"Never seen his type before. Wonder if he can put up a fight? Heh. Hahaha!"

One of them looks almost like a stick-bug, but huge.
The middle one looks like a fucked-up cross between a koala and some sort of shark. He's tiny compared to you.
The last one, the leader from what you can tell, looks like some sort of dung-beetle centaur. Four legs and a torso on top.

>Wow. You three are actually disgusting. I see why they keep you down here.
>Fuck off, i don't have the time or the care to deal with you idiots.
>(Ignore them)
>>
>>4847490
>>
>>4847490
>>
>>4847490
>>
>>4847490
>Wow, you three are actually disgusting.

This frickin Chad lands on an alien space station and proceeds to insult, bully and mog on every single creature that talks bad to him.

I love him.
>>
>>4847490
>>Fuck off, i don't have the time or the care to deal with you idiots.
>>
>>4847581
>>4847503
>>4847493
>>4847492
>>4847598

"Fuck off. I don't have the time or the care to deal with you idiots."

"What'd you say, punk?"

"I said fuck you. Don't waste my time, bug-man. If you're going to start shit then fucking start it already."

"Tch. Come on boys, this guy is... He ain't worth our time."

The leader walks off first, followed shortly by his lackeys.
You feel yourself unconsciously gritting your teeth and slowly relax, realizing your muscles were tense.
Shit, the stress of all this might be starting to get to you. You almost feel like you're back in the desert.

Grumbling to yourself, you continue following the navmarker. This asteroid is bigger than it looks, and you have to walk several blocks before you reach your destination.
There they are. Those motherfuckers. No, no... calm down. You aren't allowed to kill them.

These guys, they look different from everyone else you've seen so far. They look more like you.
Bipedal, with actual muscles on them. Their limbs don't look like sticks, and they aren't covered in slime or feathers.
Their heads look like a cross between a koala and the predator, with a long mane of hair tied into a braid behind them.
They're taller than you are, but they don't look stronger. You kept up your training after getting out of the service, and your body is something to be proud of.

You see them licking some sort of red powder off the backs of their hands. Only four fingers, but they're thick.
There's a few ways you could go about this, but they'll notice you before long, so you need to act quickly.

>Use the syringe gun, knock them out and beat the fuck out of them that way
>Use your metal rod as a weapon rather than a walking stick, aim for their limbs
>Rush them down and beat the fuck out of them with your bare hands
>Other?
>>
>>4847622
>>Use the syringe gun, knock them out and beat the fuck out of them that way
>>
>>4847622
The element of surprise.
>>
>>4847622
Do we have anything to cover our face? We should probably do that
>>
>>4847622
>Use your metal rod as a weapon rather than a walking stick, aim for the HEAD
Stop being a bunch of pussies.
>>
>>4847686
>t. Grug
>>
>>4847622
>>Use the syringe gun, knock them out and beat the fuck out of them that way
>>
>>4847622
We can take our time with each one individually.
>>
>>4847768
>>4847686
>>4847666
>>4847647
>>4847625

You decide to take advantage of the fact that you basically don't exist right now, and they definitely aren't expecting you.
Weaving your way through the garbage and homeless folks, you line yourself up with the two of them, who are sitting across from eachother at a table.
With no shoes on, your footsteps are almost completely silent as you walk up behind one of them and inject the anesthetic into his neck.
The man freezes all at once and tenses up.

"Terda? Are you alright?"

The man falls face first into his food, revealing you to the second one.
You jump at him, and he throws his arms up to defend himself in a panic. Big mistake.
Instead of striking him, you simply inject him with blue goo before jumping back out of his range.

"What the- Who the hell are you?! What'd you do to Terda?!"

You can already tell the drug is starting to take effect, although whatever he was snorting before might be slowing it down.

"You've been cutting in on someone's turf. Now i don't give a shit myself, but i've been payed to teach you a lesson. Sleep tight, big boy."

"Shit, shit, shit! I'm not gonna... i'm not gonna forget... about this! You piece of..."

And with that, he's out.
The bums were watching what happened, but nobody particularly seems to care. For them, it's entertainment.
You heft the both of them over your shoulders, finding them surprisingly light for their size. After that, you find a quiet alleyway to get to work in.

The details... will be omitted. Suffice to say, they're going to wake up screaming. They'll be lucky to walk again, assuming they can afford medical care.
All things considered, you think that went shockingly easy. All you have to do now is report back to the gas-bag for your payment and then maybe find something to eat...
>>
File: Spoiler Image (960 KB, 414x360)
960 KB
960 KB .gif
>>4847810

But of course, things weren't going to be that easy.
While you were walking back to the elevator, something, or rather someone, steals your damned holopad right out of your hands! You didn't even hear them coming!
But as their figure blurs past, your eyes lock on and you begin sprinting after them. That holopad has all of your money on it, and it's the only way you're getting paid!

"Don't think you're getting away from me, you little shit!"

Your feet clang heavily against the metal tile flooring as you accelerate rapidly. The hooded figure you're chasing looks back for just an instant. Is that a cat?
Realizing you're going to catch up, he picks up the pace even further and begin rapidly weaving through the debris that litters the entire slum.
You're not about to lose out, though. They made you run like a goddamn racehorse back in the corps, and this is nothing for you.
In fact, you feel like you're running faster than you ever have before. Is it just you, or is the gravity really low on this station?

You've nearly got him. Your fingers have almost grasped his cloak when, to your shock, he actually begins to bound from wall to wall!
He's trying to jump over a metal fence at the far end of an alleyway! But that was a foolish mistake. Instead of trying to copy his movements, you keep going straight.
Just as he's about to clear the fence, you jump straight up into the air like you're going for a slam dunk, grabbing him by the leg and slamming him down onto the fence across his stomach.

You hear him grunt as he takes the blow, but he's not done yet. You still have to drag him over to this side as he kicks and claws, trying to make his way over.
But he's not nearly strong enough to overpower you, so you manage to pull him back over and slam him to the ground.
Ripping his hood and cloak off... okay, it's not a he. And this is in fact a cat. Well, not exactly, but she has several cat-like features.

"Get off me, you friggin' gorilla!"

Ignoring her, you dig around in her numerous pockets for your holopad. Ah, there it is!
She gives up after that, still refusing to look at you but otherwise not putting up a fight.

"So what now, you gonna turn me in, tough guy?"

>Yes, actually. Maybe you've got a bounty on your head.
>Nah, no harm done. Next time i might have to break your knees, though.
>No, but i do think you owe me one. You see, i need some information...
>Other?
>>
>>4847811
>No, but I need information. Did you catch that show back there? Do you know who you just stole from?
>>
>>4847811
>>No, but i do think you owe me one. You see, i need some information...
>>
>>4847811
>Nah, no harm done. Next time i might have to break your knees, though.
>>
>>4847829
+1
>>
>>4847910
Support
>>
>>4847842
I think we can just ask her a question and tell her if she answers truthfully well let her go unharmed.
>>
>>4847929
Kinda wanna ask where we can buy a firearm.
Also how much value 2000 credits have.
>>
>>4847930
>>4847811
>No, but i do think you owe me one. You see, i need some information...
this, a big iron would be nice to have
>>
>>4847930
I think due to our postion of dominancce and power over her we can pretty much interrogate her.

As for prices, we can just window ship and stop by a few restaurants to get an idea of what's worth what. I wonder if a credit has like sub credits like 100 or 10 micro credits make 1 whole credit and etc.
>>
>>4847939
we have military training so clearly, we can use a space gun pretty well. The question is though how much 2000 can get us. By the reactions its worth a lot and don't we have an extra 500 back on our ship? So possibly 2500 at our disposal.
>>
>>4847947
We should also figure out what we can and cannot have too, don't know if we have a space version of the second amendment.
>>
>>4847951
Well we can just get really good at unarmed combat, or use lets say a super dense and hard steel "walking cane", for our weak knee or something.
>>
>>4847951
Also, 5 credits say we can find a codex like we're playing mass effect for this place.
>>
>>4847975
I was under the impression that the army has HTH training somewhere in the curriculum.
>>
>>4847987
they do. So it's safe to assume we could have held our own even if we didn't sneak up on our targets.
>>
>>4847987
They do but I think it varies a bit on branch and occupation. I suppose combat arms get more HTH training time that others.
>>
>>4847829
>>4847842
>>4847910
>>4847924
>>4847939

You owe me wins it. Writing.

>>4847987
>>4847975
As a marine, you're already skilled in hand to hand combat.
yes, this technically makes you a space marine
>>
>>4848024
>>
>>4848024

After taking a moment to catch your breath, you respond.

"Hah. No, i don't think i will. But after that little stunt you just pulled, i think you owe me more than a little."

Her look quickly turns nervous.

"...What are you gonna do?"

"I'm a little new here, see? I need some information. A lot of information, in fact. What you might consider common sense information, and some not-so-common-sense information..."

"Oh. Alright... that's fine, i guess. I don't know any real secrets anyways."

She seems more relaxed now. You push yourself off of her, then drag her into the corner for a little interrogation.

"First off, i assume you saw that little show earlier. Do you know who those two guys were?"

"Yeah. Well, i don't know their names, but... everyone knows them. Those guys are with the Dark Star gang. They came in a few months ago and started pushing people around, selling drugs and stolen weapons to everyone they met. They're assholes."

"Alright. Second question, have you ever seen someone of my species before?"

"Mmm... not quite, no. There are some similar species like myself, but apex predators rarely make it off their homeworld."

Okay, apparently people who look like you are generally known to be apex predators. That's interesting.

"Question number three. You said they were peddling weapons, right? What's the legality of a pistol or rifle on this station? Can i buy one legally? How much would it cost me?"

"Huh? Pistol? Do you mean like, a phaser or something?"

When she says the word "Pistol" her lips very clearly match up with what she's saying, indicating that it wasn't a word being translated.
You're starting to get worried that traditional firearms might not exist out in space.

"...Yeah, sure. That'll work fine."

"Uhm. Well, they aren't exactly popular with civilians. If you have a mercenary license or work in security you can buy one legally. Otherwise, well, talk to a black market dealer."

"And the price?"

"I'm not entirely sure... i don't carry one. They're expensive, and It's not worth getting caught with it. Probably... 300 credits for a cheap phaser? Maybe 150 if you buy it legally."

"Alright, then i-"

You're interrupted by an almost obnoxiously loud grumbling sound. The girl immediately hang her head and looks away, holding on to her stomach.

>Ask her more questions? (write-in)

Also,
>Alright, i guess you're free to go. Don't steal from me again.
>...I could use a bite to eat. Why don't talk over some lunch.
>>
>>4848067

FINNEEEEE! We'll get to see what a meal costs and she can show us some good places to eat that won't rip us off.

Hey did we torture those guys we jabbed with the jabby sleepy thingy? Or like beat the crap out of them while they were passed out?
>>
>>4848075
You did a lot of things to them. Fortunately for them, they were asleep for it. Unfortunately, it won't be healed by the time they wake up.
That's alright, though. Somebody will find them. Probably.
>>
>>4848067
>”How do you get a mercenary licence?”
>”Who are the ‘grays’?”
Describe how they look so we can figure out some info on their species.

300 for what appears to be a pistol bought illegally. It seems our call to get extra money was correct but we should really look into getting something to defend ourselves since we just assaulted some gangsters instead of a pointy needle. Also if it’s that much for a weapon then food must very cheap so spending it on wriggling out more info won’t be that bad. Also new companion?
>>
>>4848067
>Alright I own you now, Come on cat.

>>
>>4848097
Supporting this, but adding headpats.
>>
>>4848087
I would think because we fucked with some gangsters, we should definitely buy some weapons. Although in hindsight, we should have tried to buy some weapons from them, rip them off and steal their shit, then beat the crap out of them.
>>
>>4848067
>>...I could use a bite to eat. Why don't talk over some lunch.
>>
>>4848142
We didn’t know they were dealers before but maybe the guy who hired us was a rival? We do have to go back and get our money so perhaps he will offer us some good deals since we did the job well.
>>4848097
>>4848106
Conscripted friendship
>>
>>4848087
+1, ask for her name too.

Apex predator huh? Considering that most of our encounters have been with cephalopods and lanky bugmen, we might be at an advantage here, but likely going to draw some attention to ourselves. Now that we have some starting capital we should see about going a bit more straight, get a proper mercenary loicense.

So do we want to eventually find our way home, or embrace our destiny among the stars?

Based Outlaw Star catgirl
>>
>>4848142
>Hey, I'd like to sell you some crack for that gun you have.
>Cool, here you go.
>Okay now that I have this gun give me my crack back or I'll shoot you.
Who could have seen this coming?
>>
>>4848153
I am in favour for becoming the space Khan but we should go get our dog first.
>>
>>4848156
Why would we use a weapon when we ARE the weapon? We're just stealing it from them because its valuable and will hit their pockets.
>>
>>4848097
+1
>>
>>4848168
Well it's possible for any normal person to cave in another person's skull with their bare hands but no one really flinches when someone waves at them. Wave a gun at someone though and suddenly you're a scary psychopath. It's all about appearances. No matter how scary you are, a weapon is always more directly threatening.

Unless you are a leper, then you're a walking bioweapon and nobody wants a part of that.
>>
We need to scrap together a shotgun. We can handle the recoil, and I doubt much would be able to stand it.
>>
>>4848220
Sounds like a neat way to get our hand blown off.
>>
>>4848097
+1
>>
>>4848220
>>4848275
If we want a shotgun I suggest we just buy one.
Really hope that guy actually gives us the remaining 1500
>>
>>4848188
>>4848153
>>4848148
>>4848106
>>4848097
>>4848087
>>4848075

"...You know what? I could use a bite to eat. Why don't we continue this little talk over a meal?"

The girl clenches her stomach even harder and audibly gnashes her teeth.

"I... I don't need your charity, damn it! I'm a predator! I have my pride!"

"Well, too bad. You lost, so now you're just my prey. That's the circle of life. You're going to eat whether you like it or not, and you're going to answer my questions. All of them."

She doesn't have anything to say to that. Instead, you see her shaking just a bit.
Grabbing her by the arm, you drag her along with you towards the elevator in silence.
It's a bit awkward, but by the time the long elevator ride is over, she just seems tired rather than angry.
You try following your nose to find food, but the air here is shockingly sterile. Even the other people here don't smell like anything at all.

"Hey, do you know a good place to eat? I would love some steak and potatoes right about now."

"I don't know what a potato is, but you're not going to find any steak on this station."

You immediately stop in your tracks.

"What did you just say?"

Somehow she looks even more solemn than before.

"Carnivores like us are the odd ones out. At most, you might find some artificial fish. It's just not the same, though..."

"Wha...? B-But that's... that's inhumane!"

"Heh, trying telling them that. They'll call you a monster for wanting to eat meat."

"Then, what the hell are we supposed to eat?"

"There's always nutrient paste. The machine scans you and tunes the paste to match whatever nutrients you need. Nobody likes it, but it'll keep you alive."

"Absolutely not."

"Well, in that case, i know a small diner for avian and cephalopod types. They have the best fake fish around. Little pricey, though."

"Fine, just point me there."

She marks the location on your holopad and you start heading to it. You swear you can see her licking her lips out of the corner of your eye.
It's honestly kinda cute. Reminds you of the cat you had when you were little, every time you'd open a can of tuna.

"Say, what's your name, little miss?"

"Little miss? What's that all about? I'm not that little! I come from a super high gravity planet, you know? My homeworld is almost 0.7G's!"

"Alright, alright. No need to get defensive. I'd still like to know your name, though."

"Everyone just calls me Cylia. It means "to stalk" in my native tongue. I don't know what my birth name was."

"Well, it's always nice to meet new people, even if they rob you first."

"I won't apologize. Everyone's got a right to survive."

"Oh, sure. I'll never let you live it down, though."

"...Man, i'm starting to wish you'd just turned me in."

"Don't be like that. Hey, i think we're here!"

The place you arrive at honestly looks more like a big stall than a diner, but the smell coming out of there is pretty good.
A man and a woman behind the counter greet you both.
>>
>>4848295
ah did you say 0.7 gravity? is that really super heavy?
>>
>>4848351
That would be 0.7x earth gravity.
What's "heavy" is relative.
>>
>>4848352
true but i wanted to say it to her in suprise
>>
>>4848356
It seems that the stronger gravity a planet has the more of a chad you are. Lucky us
>>
>>4848352
If Earth has a standard of 1G and she comes from a planet of .7G wouldnt we be stronger than her?
>>
>>4848361
and the funny thing we are one of the weakest species of our planet like imagine if a chimp got loose in here
>>
>>4848365
probably the reason why we kicked so much ass so far.
>>4848368
kek
maybe we should get an army of chimps
>>
>>4848371
Mission: go back to earth, gather an army of Gorrillaz, teach them like koko, Super strong apes with an Human leader.

>Space Monkey quest
>>
>>4848365
Yes, you would.
Technically you should probably be smaller and stockier as well, like a dwarf. But you're not.

>>4848361
Species from high gravity worlds tend to be smaller and denser, for obvious reasons.
A lot of species you'll meet in the galaxy are either very small and dexterous, very light (like the gas-bags), or very tall and lanky (bugmen and others). Though there are also some giant, slow-moving types.

>>4848378
Fortunately for the rest of the galaxy, there are no saiyans here.
>>
>>4848368
>some poor stupid egghead kidnaps a silverback
>>
>>4848381
>saiyans
Kek
>>
>>4848381
that means we are a weird example we are a tall thing like proportionally our planet must have gigantism
>>
>>4848295
>>4848295

"Honey, i think our little stray has come back. And she's brought a friend this time."

"Oh really? My, but he's a big one."

The two of them are... well, they're gas-bags, like that guy you need to get your money from. Only, they aren't purple. These two are green and pinkish instead.

"Two fish platters, please. Hold the spice on mine."

"Coming right up, sweety."

Eyeing the place up, it doesn't seem like they get a lot of traffic. You see the... husband, you guess? You see him in the back taking what looks like a solid block of fish meat out of a machine and cutting off a slice.

"So, where did you find this one at? It's not often i see you with anyone else."

"We uh... we met recently. Down in Zakera ward."

"Goodness. I do hope you two can take care of yourselves. It's a mess down there!"

"I'm sure we'll be fine, granny."

"Nice to meet you both. I'm David, from earth. If that means anything to you."

"Sorry hon, never heard of it. It's nice to meet you too, though! I'm afraid our folks don't have proper names, but most just call me granny."

Well, it seems like it's gonna take that guy a minute to finish cooking.
In the mean time, you might as well ask a few more questions.

"So, Cylia. How would i go about getting a mercenary license?"

"It's pretty easy, apparently. You just have to take a physical fitness test, complete a course at the shooting range and make a 1000 credit safety deposit."

"...Is that it? No background check or anything?"

"Yeah. A lot of people dream about becoming a merc to get out of poverty, but they just end up getting killed. Those rules were put in place to keep kids out of trouble, more or less."

"Huh. Alright, thanks. That's good to know. Okay. Next question... have you seen these guys before? Do you know what race they are?"

You hold up your holopad and show her a picture of one of the dead greys back on your ship.

"Uhg... the greys. They're a bunch of freaks. You don't see them out in public very often, since they all like to live together in seclusion."

"So you know about them. What else can you tell me? I have a problem with these guys and i need to know whatever i can."

"Well, uh... they're super smart, but super weak. They put their whole race through this crazy gene therapy to make themselves smarter, at the cost of everything else.
Also, pretty much every one of them is indoctrinated from birth into their crazy cult of science, and if you actually listen to them they all sound insanely smug and patriotic.
Still, everyone puts up with them because most of the galaxy's medicine is made by them. It's how they make their fortune. I don't trust them one bit. They're creepy."

"Yeah, i can confirm that they're not very fucking trustworthy."

"Geeze, what a look. Did they shove something up your ass?"

"...They don't really do that, do they?"

Before she can answer, the chef arrives with your food. It actually looks pretty decent.
>>
>>4848393
Could also be that we are disproportionately muscular. Having more muscles in more places would allow us to be bigger. There's an upper limit to that of course but still. It would also be way energy inefficient in comparison.
>>
>>4848393
Your proportions are all normal for a bipedal humanoid, you're just... really goddamn big and muscular. For other species, it's like staring down an NFL linebacker.
For species from a planet with earth-like gravity, you should be shorter with much thicker bones and joints. Humans just don't do that.

And we pay for it with a lot of joint and bone pain, especially later in life.
>>
>>4848381
>giant, slow-moving types
This is what my cock shall pursue.
>>
File: file.png (510 KB, 512x340)
510 KB
510 KB .png
>>4848403
For reference, say this guy walks up and smacks your girlfriend's ass. Also, you're a five foot tall bag of hot gas. What are you going to do about it?
>>
>>4848398
like what i am getting at we are both dense and large comparably to other species with a similar gravity and like we are a giant version of most similar species is what i presume and the funny thing we are one of the most weak species on our planet
>>
>>4848403
>QM has a PHD
>we are a superior species

Hell yeah. We hit the evolution Jackpot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDaOgu2CQtI
>>
>>4848403
>Humans just don't do that
>We're just built different
>>
I find it funny that so far our combat has been acting like a burly nurse. We manhandled two aliens and tranq'ed them lol.
>>
>>4848407
get a gun and shoot him in the skull?
also fun thing humans are actually quite resistant to alot of plants that would be toxic to most species like mint and we like the taste of pain and sulfur but we are also very vulnerable to common plants very randomly. like a plant species like poison ivy literally is only us and hamsters that are allergic to it at all.

>>4848394
and i am going to guess we are going to request alot more spice?
>>
>>4848382
but this time we got Ayy tech
We could just get intelligent robot implants and put them into the monky brains and thus create our master race of saiyans
>>4848394
>The greys own big pharma
They can't keep getting away with this
>>
>>4848413
Playing XCOM Hardcore in our downtime really paid off.
>>
>>4848416
Yeah but their little sedative gun had trouble breaking our skin. They'd need their equivalent of an angle grinder to get through a gorilla skull.
>>
>>4848421
Your thinking in our terms of hardness. They would need a equivalent of a Turbocharged Chainsaw to penetrate it.
>>
>>4848408
>We are a giant version of most similar species
Exactly. You shouldn't exist, but somehow you do. And it's terrifying.
Even the normal-sized ones like Cylia are scary for most people.
>>
>>4848426
would be funny if mineralized bones where not common
>>
>>4848421
>>4848426
>>4848436
we could just supply whoever the fuck with equipment from our world and then implant the IQ mod.
>>
>>4848445
what sort of fiction should we embellish as reality? i am thinking a documentary style monster feature movie
>>
>>4848451
hmmm scp?
>>
>>4848451
Just tell them Cloverfield was real. The first one, obviously. "It's found footage which means it really happened."
>>
>>4848474
It would be awesome, but it would also attract unwanted attention
>>
>>4848451
>>4848485
SCP would be cool. Let's keep it tight-lipped for now but when we get a good chance let's flex.
>>
>>4848498
You really think our guy knows what the fuck SCP is
>>
>>4848529
probably not but he may be a secret autist
>>
>>4848556
Nah he was in the marines, he'd be downy before he'd be aspie.
>>
>>4847811
うおおおおおおおおおおおねこみみ!!!!!
catgirls are real let's GOOOO
>>
>>4848561
Then to more general things it seems. We could just we are a soldier which is true and will probably earn us some respect.
>>
>>4848565
Tfw we can tell aliens we fought at Omaha and killed Hitler our self and they would believe us
>>
>>4848571
>tfw every alien species has their own hitler
>>
>>4848414
>we like the taste of pain
BASED BRUTAL
>>
>>4848571
>>4848575

"I landed at Omaha and stormed the beaches as Billions of my comrades died, took out 30 MG Bunkers, and used their own Artillery to destroy their remaining defenses. I then captured an enemy bomber and kamikazed into Hitlers super fortress to stop his Bio weapon from destroying the Earth. I then bested him in mortal kombat with my fists."
>>
>>4848565
Remember, they're not soldiers, they're marines kek
>>
>>4848592
kek
>>4848598
we'll still get respect, plus our experience should make that merc firing course easy as shit.
>>
>>4848394
Digging this quest so far! What's the prompt, QM?
>>
>>4848619
We are eating food right now. No prompt.

kek jk
>>
>>4848619
No specific prompt, just HFY in general.
>>
>>4848619
prompt is HUMANITY FUCK YEAH
also
CATGIRL ON SPACE FUCK YEAH
Cylia, NOW PUT ON THIS MAID SUIT
>>
>>4848625
>HFY
Wut
>>
>>4848625
well in that case we should probably get going on the whole making ourselves look good with our Hitler killing idea in exchange for more info on her. Also, eat this fake fish, lets show our alpha status by putting as much spice on it as we can.
and ask how long it will take for the merc licence.
>>
>>4848394

"Er, Cylia? I think i got your plate on accident."

"Huh? No, i don't think so..."

"Really? It's just... no, nevermind."

The fish is good, it's just really bland for some reason. Like baked fish with no seasoning.
Actually, you can see some sort of crushed leaf on there. Maybe it tastes a bit savory? It's hard to tell.

"Man, what i wouldn't give for a little lemon and chipotle."

"Hmm? What's that, some kind of seasoning?"

"Yeah, it's basically a smoked pepper sauce. The heat and flavor go great with meat."

"What do you mean by hot?"

"You know? Like a hot pepper? It burns?"

"...What the hell are you on about?"

"Okay... uh. Well, on my planet there are these plants called peppers that produce a toxic chemical to ward off predators."

"Yeah?"

"And if you eat them, it produces a sensation similar to being burned by fire or scaling water."

"..."

"And if you eat enough of it, the pain gives you an endorphin rush that people find pleasurable."

"What the fuck?"

"Well, not everyone likes it. A lot of people do though."

"You eat it? Because the pain makes you high?"

"Well, it's got a good flavor too. Especially if you smoke them."

"And by smoking you mean...?"

"Literally, we cook them in smoke and fire. Certain types of wood smoke taste delicious, and it has this chemical reaction with meat that-"

"Woah woah woah, hold on. So you're telling me that eating toxic plants to get high off of pain wasn't enough for you. Now you have to coat them in carcinogenic smoke as well?"

"I mean, if you want it to taste good."

"You're fucking crazy. There's something wrong with your brain."

"Yeah, probably. It's how we do things, though."

"So then... i guess if that's the kind of food you eat regularly, this stuff must not be very stimulating."

"Not really, no. I mean, it's not bad, it's just..."

"Yeah, i guess it would be. So what's that lemon thing you were talking about before?"

"Oh, it's a type of acidic fruit that-"

"Stop, just stop."

"No, it's fine! I swear!"

It doesn't take long for either of you to get done eating despite the conversation, since both of you are quite hungry.
Although your stomach is far from full with a single small plate of food, you want to know what this is going to cost you first.

"If you're going to lie, at least make it believable. Nobody's going to believe you come from a planet with 1G of gravity."

"I do, honest. It's a real pain getting into space with chemical rockets on a planet like that. Thank god the atmosphere isn't thicker."

"See, like that. You're so full of shit. Chemical rockets are for missiles, not people. You'd have to be insane to-"

"Alright you two, time to pay up. We're closing shop in a few more minutes."

"Alright, how much will it be?"

"23 credits for the fish platter, another 3 for the edel root fries."

Granny butts in and pushes Grandpa out of the way.

"Now dear, i know you've been struggling lately so don't feel obliged, you hear? You'll always be welcome."
>>
>>4848682
>There's something wrong with your brain."
Little does she know, the toxic crayons taste WAY better than the non-toxic ones.
>>
File: edible crayons japan.jpg (50 KB, 472x771)
50 KB
50 KB .jpg
>>4848696
>>
>>4848682
There better be a lie-detecting machine somewhere so we can prove our claim
>>4848696
I wonder how bad it would be for her to try a pepper
>>
>>4848700
Cats are notoriously sensitive to hot things.
It wouldn't end well.
>>
>>4848700
Think we can bribe the avians with peppers?
>>
File: 76376365387867.gif (2016 KB, 600x333)
2016 KB
2016 KB .gif
>>4848698
>>
>>4848704
That's really tempting to do now.

From the looks of it though we are an extreme anomaly, hopefully, this won't go to our head.
>>
>>4848394
Test our spice limits, talk ourselves and our planet up, and go get this merc test started. Maybe ask Stalker here why a badass apex pred like her is going hungry instead of running this place.
>>
>>4848682
Test our spice limits, pay the cat's tab, and go get this merc test started. Maybe ask Stalker here why a badass apex pred like her is going hungry instead of running this place. She want to go into business with us? We could use a native guide.
>>
>>4848704
We have another pepper we can give her later, patience and all.
>>
>>4848710
if it won't kill them then hell yeah
>Inb4 we become spice traders and set up the space East India Trading Company
>>4848721
also, add: how old are you and how long does your race usually live?
I am under good reason to guess that she is a teen
>>4848726
don't we have a gal back home?
>>
>>4848736
We are a Marine and got abducted by Aliens, thats a double shot to the fucking skull of any kind of fidelity. Shes already with Jody.
>>
>>4848741
fair enough
space cat girl here we come
>>
>>4848744
Don't jump the gun, there may be hotter babes.
>>
>>4848750
so far our options are bugs and gas. Let's also try for something that could possibly have the same reproduction system as us.
>>
>>4848750
Its HFY man, we are meant to spread the oats of man to any and all strange peoples and cultures.
>>
>>4848758
Oh man, we better hope she doesn't have cat reproductive habits, or this is going to end poorly.

Also, given this is a HFY quest and humans are weirdly well-hung for Hominidae... We may not fit.
>>
>>4848764
she is also part... human? Humanoid? We may still have a chance.
>>
>>4848767
Barring some better emotional chemistry, I vote to wait it out for now.
>>
>>4848762
You'd make captain kirk proud, son.
>>
>>4848780
Obviously
hopefully we know how to not drop our spaghetti
>>
>>4848758
>so far our options are bugs
>he doesn't want to fug the bug
Pathetic. Of course it would have to be a named character.
>>
>>4848798
Granny it is, then!
>>
MFW Greys are testing shit on you due to such extreme biology compared to the rest of the universe
>>
>>4848814
>ayyy lmao just hit him with the lethal injection he'll start seeing some funny colors and speaking in tongues but he'll be fine tomorrow
>>
>>4848407
Tell him he's a fag for smacking my trapboi friends ass, and I fucked it on the toilet before you touched it.
>>
>>4848682
Look to the cat girl and give her a inquisitive or questioning look to ask if that's a okay price and your not getting ripped off.
>>
What we need to is go to the Greys and demand payment for our unpaid labor in their testing.
>>
>>4848925
They may seek to kill or capture us to cover it up, if what they've done to our species is illegal... Or if they want to maintain their test lab monopoly.
>>
>>4848930
Look, goy. Majority of them died from a camp fire and background radiation. They are as fragile as gas.
>>
>>4848935
And a man can kill a bear given the right tools. We're not superman, my guy.
>>
>>4848976
Im all for fucking up the skinny fucks given the chance but we really need to get established before we declare one man war on entire spacefaring races.
>>
>>4848976
Were also not retarded
We will fuck them over, in time.
>>
Seems majority derive from herbivore races. They might not have much of a agression drives
>>
>>4849089
Im for a Pan-Predator crew to mog the vegetarians...
>>
>>4849120
So we are eating sentient bug meat? We can just as easily invest in making lab grown meat.... Might not be all that different to the fish we had, or we can make "onions" foods and punch out weird shapes and add tons of flavoring agents.
>>
>>4849136
Ve vill not eat ze bugs.
>>
>>4849136
Not what I was implying, more that we collect all the based Carnivores for the most powerful group
>>
>>4849136
Im down for it, not out of necessity, but just as a show of force. Nothing scares and enrages an enemy more than having their dead eaten
>>
>>4849148
What if the carnies start trying to eat each other in the group, like infighting and cannibalisms?
>>
>>4849153
Survival of the fittest
>>
Same way you inforce discipline in armies of old. You just punish the people part of his unit and let them know he is the cause of their punishment.
>>
>>4849154
Dumbest of the tastiest!
Think about it, why would people join our gang just to risk being eaten by us when not joining would be a safer option, and we will be facing constant internal antirationing of numbers?

We should just gather cash and a cool ship fly back to earth, gather some cool dudes to start a human offshoot colony somewhere with high tech and make money by creating a Human mercenary company and some bullshit backstory.
>>
>>4849160
I dont think we know where Earth is. Probably need to find and ask the Greys.
>>
>>4849167
It should be hard honestly.
>>
>>4849167
Can't be too hard. We can measure distance and time spent to get a rough idea in sphere of how far away it is and compare star charts or constellations on the AI computer to give a rough estimate and look accordingly. Then it would be a matter of time.
>>
>>4849182
or we start punching greys until someone fesses up lmao
>>
>>4849191
Only if we get power armor first. To soften our punch's.
>>
>>4849157
We may be able to avoid some of that if we try and hire on former soldiers.
That said, we should probably ask who the dominant military power in this system is.
If nothing else, we'll know exactly who we should be stealing gear from.
>>
>>4849182
Actually good idea,
We travelled 14k light years away from earth so that narrows things down for us.
>>4849225
We may be a chad marine but that doesn’t mean we can stroll into an outpost and attempt to steal. They got mechs and shit.
>>
>>4849148
>>4849152
>>4849120
A mercenary crew made up entirely of apex humanoids would certainly be something. A legendary group of sorts, and one that hasn't really existed up until now.
You'd be like big boss to them.

>>4849153
Infighting is one major reason you don't see all-apex mercenary groups, even of the same species. Apex predators tend to be bullheaded and proud, knowing they're on top. Get them together in a group and they're sure to butt heads. But what if someone even stronger put them all in line?

Also, it's not cannibalism to eat another sentient species, as long as it's not your own.

>>4849136
>>4849140
>>4849152
You could eat your fallen enemies, if you wanted. Some of them might even taste good. It's not technically illegal, but you'll gain quite the reputation for it.

>>4849089
This. Most species tend to be very non-confrontational, to the point that you can simply bully them into doing what you want. That won't earn you many friends though, and you need to be careful not to break the law.

>>4849200
>power armor
Now see, that sort of thing is why Cylia said there's something wrong with your brain.
The concept of strapping yourself into a hunk of metal and charging headlong into the enemy doesn't really exist, because anyone who's not crazy would probably rather use remote fighting vehicles and drones.
Too bad for the galaxy, humans are in fact crazy.
>>
>>4848682
Pay Granny for the meal, she's not gonna gouge us and Cylia could stand to see a bit more compassion.
>>4849594
Petition the greys for power armor.
>>
>>4848682

"Don't worry about it, granny. It's my treat."

You tap your holopad against the register and pay for both of your meals. 55 credits in all, including tax.
If you compare the price of that small portion of fish to the price of that big plate of fries, well...
Yeah, fake meat is expensive and not as good as the real deal. Some things never change.

"So, is that everything you wanted to know?"

"For the moment, i guess. I've got a better idea of how things run around here, now."

"Then... am i free to go?"

>Yeah, sure. I need you for something, i'm sure i can find you.
>Actually... how do you feel about taking the mercenary test with me? I could use a partner, and you could use the money.
>Other?
>>
>>4849617
>Yeah, but how can I contact you in case I have another fish plate to share?
>>
>>4849617
>Actually... how do you feel about taking the mercenary test with me? I could use a partner, and you could use the money.
If we want to get far we need someone to help provide suppressing fire.
>>
>>4849617
>Yeah, sure. I need you for something, i'm sure i can find you.
>Other?
I could use a guide and you could probably use a job.

Tour of the place and info about various species, does and don'ts, common street smarts stuff, gangs and factions, go and don't go areas on the asteroid, job opportunities. Contact info like phone number I guess.
>>
>>4849617
>>Actually... how do you feel about taking the mercenary test with me? I could use a partner, and you could use the money
>>
>>4849634
Uhh telling her shes free to go isnt helping her get a job with us, thats the merc option
>>
>>4849594
That makes sense, since most of the intelligent life out here are a bunch of pacifists it would be better to have drones do the hard work. That brings up the obvious weakness that EMPs are gonna be killer.

Now I wonder, if the Greys are super intelligent and have that creepy science cult could there be a chance they developed psionics?
What are the chances we can steal that?
>>
>>4849617

Why, so you can go steal someone else's holopad? And how about a thank you, ya ungrateful cat. Come on, let's go make some real money and figure out what to do from there. A guy has to earn a living.
>>
>>4849617
>>Actually... how do you feel about taking the mercenary test with me? I could use a partner, and you could use the money
>>
>>4849669
>>4849646
>>4849634
>>4849633
>>4849622
>>4849672

Looks like we're leaning towards taking on a crewmate.
Writing.
>>
>>4849647
I just want to milk her for more info, nothing long term.
>>
>>4849673

"Actually... how do you feel about taking the mercenary test with me? I could use a partner, and you could use the money"

"Huh?"

"C'mon, what do you say?"

"I... i'm sorry, but i don't think that's a good idea."

"Oh, come on. This isn't charity, it's a real job!"

"No, it's not that. There's... some guys after me. Remember when i said the Dark Star gang was pushing people around? Well... you're looking at one of them."

"What happened?"

"I took out a loan that i shouldn't have. The local banks wouldn't work with me because i'm a predator, they think we're stupid and dangerous... so i went looking elsewhere."

"To be fair, that was actually a little dumb."

"More than a little. I thought i could pay back the interest, but then my ship was broken into and ransacked. You don't have to guess who it probably was.
After that, everything went downhill fast. The debt inflated way too much for me to ever pay, and i ended up having my ship repossessed.
It's hard to find normal work as a predator, David. I can't just work a food stall. Nobody will want to come near me."

"Wait, does that mean...?"

"Yeah, i used to be a bounty hunter. Not that it does me any good here. I've already handed over my license to get back the safety deposit."

"Well, why didn't you just kill them all?"

"What?"

"They're a gang, aren't they? They cheated you. They stole everything from you. You don't have anything left to lose, do you?"

"It's not that simple! If they were so blatant about that stuff they'd already have been arrested! Or... no, even then, they've got some of the security staff in their pocket.
And even if they were legally criminals, how many of them do you think there are? I could kill ten or twenty, but they'd put me down eventually."

"Huh, sounds like you need a partner as much as i do, then. Come on, we can kick at least twice as much ass together, i promise!"

Cylia huffs and rubs her temples.

"I don't know why you're so insistent. Isn't it weird for two predators to work together? Seriously, there's something wrong with your brain."

"Who cares if it's weird? We don't have to worry about what people think, not when there's skulls to smash, money to be made and revenge to be wrought."

"Well, i do like the sound of that. Fuck it. Like you said, i've got nothing to lose, right?"

"Well, except for your pride and your life. Things can always get worse."

"You're a real ray of sunshine, you know that?"

"I like to think of myself as a realist. Now come on, i've got some money to collect."

"Sure thing, partner. Who are you working for, anyways?"

"Ah, about that..."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOZ-MySzAac
>>
>>4849691
We work for whoever will hand over the most shekels.
Yeah we should go collect the remaining 1500 before anything else.
>>
>>4849655
Depends how much they wage war their military tech(adaptation of policing weapons) and tactics might consider primitive from a human perspective.
>>
>>4849704
Agreed, gotta get paid what we're owed.
>>
Is humanity such a genetic freakshow that their no other predatory species form complicated social structures
>>
>>4849718
Although pack behavior was common in the history of many predator species, once they got out into space and realized what they were, they tended to go solo.
It was deeply ingrained into them that they didn't need help, because they were the best. The strongest, the smartest, the most capable. It's a matter of pride for them.

They don't stay solo because they lack complicated social structures. They stay solo precisely because that's what society expects of them. It's the social norm.
Not to say that pairings don't happen on occasion, especially if it's only temporary. But a long-term relationship is really weird, especially between two different species.
Creating a large group would make you the butt of a lot of jokes, because herd behavior is considered a sign of weakness. It's something that the grass-eaters do.

Part of the reason Cylia accepted a partnership with you is that right now her situation is terrible. She doesn't see a way out of it, and that makes her weak.
Teaming up with someone isn't so bad if you're already in that kind of situation anyways.
>>
>>4849711
Considering most of these people are adverse to violence we probably have an upper hand, even against the predators due to their unwillingness to cooperate.
>>4849714
Depending on how much our partner has left over we may or may not have to take another job to get both licences, or at the very least for actual weapons.

I also have a feeling we are going to be the victims of a hit and run soon.
>>
Galactic governments will probably shit themselves if humanity ever got FTL then or if they knew the greys were experimenting with humans. Last thing they want is aggressive species that collectively organizes itself get into the greater galactic neighborhood.
>>
>>4849742
I like to imagine Humanity's first foray onto the galactic stage is gonna be launching a civil suit against the Greys.
Think about it. A wholly united Human legal-team, having no choice but to fight for a "fair" settlement and the rights of their species.
Forget altruism, it would be in their collective best interest to get Humanity the best deal possible.
>>
>>4849691
Haaaaa we never got his name did we. I guess we could check out near the docks where he was... loitering. Worst comes to worse, we never find him, so we go bonk the rest of the Dark Stars and take *their* money!
>>
>>4849761
I don't think that literal windbag is stupid enough to try and stiff us on the bill.
Especially not after he hears what we did to those other guys.
>>
>>4849763
Hold up. He sent us cash presumably over some kind of ayylmao cash app right? Can we check it for an identity attached to the account? Ayy banking seems to be a pretty anarchic affair.
>>
>>4849735
looks like we have to teach her the value of friendship
>>4849749
kek
>>4849761
simple: we go after him next, Boba Fett style.
>>
>>4849770
>>4849767
>>4849763
Don't worry, one of the first things you made sure of was that you could find him.
Part of the incomplete transaction included registering eachother's holopads on the map. You know exactly where he is.

That said, when you do this the other party also knows where you are. Or at least, where your holopad is.
>>
>>4849775
Great news
Now lets get our shekels
>>
>>4849749
There was a story on that premise.
>>
>>4849778
Supporting!
>>
>>4849799
sounds funny whats it called?
>>
>>4849821
I'll have to look for it. Was on my old computer.
>>
>>4849821
I couldn't find the screencap and I don't want to spend days looking through all the archives, but a rough googling got me it in reddit form if you don't mind.
reddit.com/r/HFY/comments/8s22ao/text_humanitys_first_interstellar_war/
>>
>>4849849
>Shekelstein Goldberg saves humanity
based
>>
>>4849849
>Reddit
kill yourself
>>
>>4849857
Reddit in your head rent free.
>>
>>4849857
go back to /pol/
>>
>>4849876
>>4849867
Go back where you belong,
>>
>>4849878
I'm already in your mums cunt.
>>
>>4848682
>"If you're going to lie, at least make it believable. Nobody's going to believe you come from a planet with 1G of gravity."

Kind of curious QM, just caught up to the thread and I'd been meaning to ask, when the aliens talk in terms of G, is that basically auto-translated from their home gravity to the galactic standard to earth gravities?

The way I figure it, each species would have a different measurement of 1G based upon their homeworld's conditions.
>>
>>4849775
Speaking of our possessions, besides our holopad, what do we actually have on us?
Hell, do we even have clothes?
>>
>>4849905
This also reminded me of another concern.
If gravity of 1G is that rare, then that means we're at a serious risk of decreased muscular tissue and bone mineral density.
We could counteract this with regular weight training, but I think the most proactive solution would be finding out if we could at least increase the artificial gravity onboard our ship.
>>
>>4849905
Pretty much everyone you're going to meet has some sort of translator implant, and those implant communicate with eachother wirelessly, doing their best to figure out what you mean with your words and how best to communicate that to the other person based on their own experiences and understanding of the world. It doesn't work well with unique concepts, but it gets most things across quite nicely.

Of course, every species has it's own measure of gravity, usually based on their home world. For the translator implants, it goes down something like this.

>Hello, i am David's translator.
>Hello, i am Goobleglop's translator.
>We seem to be talking about gravity.
>Yes, we're both talking about gravity.
>Do we have eachother's species data on file?
>We do not. Please begin asking your questions.
>How much is "1G" of gravity? Here is my user's understanding of that measurement.
>About as much as .026 glorphs of gravity. Here is my user's understanding of his measurement.
>Very good. We will both translate our converted measurements as such.

That information is then stored so that it can be accessed more quickly in the future, when speaking to someone of the same race.
Instead of processing the information on the fly, the implants will do a quick check to confirm that the existing data roughly matches before continuing.

>>4849909
You are currently wearing cargo pants and a wifebeater, with no shoes on.
You have a small pocket knife and mini-light on your keychain, as well as some metal pole you ripped out of the ship.
There is a small hypo-stim full of powerful sedative in your pocket, along with your holopad, which looks like a little metal strip when it's turned off.

>>4849922
Low gravity is in fact a concern for many apex races, but again, they're a significant minority out in space, so the stations cater to the needs of the majority.
That means the artificial gravity is typically set between .3G and .4G, which is middle of the road most comfortable for the majority of species.
As for training equipment, well, that's your own problem to handle. No public facilities exist that cater to a predator's exercise requirements.
>>
>>4849932
Damn, I was kinda hoping we still had a phone on us for some proper Earth tunes. Maybe the Greys shoved it in a locker on the ship somewhere?
>As for training equipment, well, that's your own problem to handle.
It's something we can handle with bodyweight exercises provided we can adjust the gravity onboard our new ship. Is that possible or did the Greys lock it to some pussy shit like .2G?
>>
>>4849932
>No public facilities exist that cater to a predator's exercise requirements.
A regular diet of supplements, training and body/bone conditioning should stave off the worst of it for a long time. That's the best thing about human bones, they heal back stronger so beating them up a little bit is actually a good thing. Time to punch some starship hull to keep our hands strong.
>>
>>4849932
wait but by making it .3-4G doesn't that make said apex predators stronger encase they did something wrong?
>>
>>4849955
It's not really a choice. If the gravity was high enough to impede the big scary guys it would literally kill most other aliens.
>>
>>4849939
The grey ship is currently set to .3g, but you can change that to whatever you'd like, up to the limit of the generator.
So yes, it's possible to do gravity training like another certain space monkey.

>>4849949
As far as dietary supplements, nutrient paste is literally ideal. It just tastes like cardboard and feels like oatmeal.

>>4849955
Living in low gravity conditions actually makes predators weaker over time, decreasing their muscle mass and bone density through disuse. It can even make them sick by weakening their immune system.
But if they spend almost all of their time in higher gravity then yes, the predator would be even stronger than usual while under the effects of low gravity.
It would fuck with your sense of balance though and you'd have to adjust how much strength you use for tasks like running, but predators tend to be good at adapting to those sorts of things.
>>
>>4849963
>It just tastes like cardboard and feels like oatmeal.
Gotta throw in some rock candy and tabasco like a real tasteless maniac should.
>>
>>4849963
>you can change that to whatever you'd like, up to the limit of the generator
What's the upper limit I wonder?
I feel like 1.5G is something a human could reasonably use for training. Any more than that and you're begging for an injury.
>>
>>4849969
On most ships, the upper limit would be .7 or less. The grey's ship is pretty advanced and has some funky equipment onboard, so it could go as high as 5G in localized areas.
Gravity training is actually really great, because the weight is obviously very evenly distributed throughout your body, which will actually reduce the chance of injury.

For someone who's already in really good shape like David, 2G wouldn't be too much of a struggle. He would weigh 480lbs at that level.
>>
>>4849969
I wouldn't fuck with gravity to aid with weight training desu. Simply because the long term effects of regularly making your blood heavier probably wouldn't be good for your heart. Or your brain. Even if it was only a little bit heavier.

I'm not a doctor though.
>>
>>4849979
It wouldn't be too significant if it was only for the duration of a workout.

>>4849976
Also, i guess i should mention this before someone asks. David is 6'3. He's a big boi.
Cylia on the other hand is 5'5. She's actually kind of short for her species, and insecure about it.
>>
>>4849979
After some googling, I did manage to find a scholarly article about the effects of such a thing.
>https://aapt.scitation.org/doi/10.1119/1.5124276
Long story short, it looks like 3.5G is the safest long-term maximum gravity in regards to the cardiovascular system.
Perfect!
>>
>>4849982
So its gonna be a hamster eating a banana?
>>
>>4849984
Huh. Radical.
>>
>>4849982
Womenlet
>>4849984
Very interesting.
>>
>>4849986
Cylia is a disadvantaged youth (I think?). David would do nothing of the sort.
That said, damn near every human gets Kirk syndrome when they go out into the final frontier, so who knows.
>>
>>4849996
Knowing more than a few Marines, believe you me they have no issue with disadvantaged youth. What do you think those strippers just off base are?
>>
>>4849996
>Marine
>Caring

Sir, i got some bad news for you. Disadvantageous youths are literally what marines crave.
>>
>>4850002
>What do you think those strippers just off base are?
Well rounded and stable individuals with fine upbringings who have a love for the physical arts and the challenges of pole-dancing?
>>
>>4850005
You can just say "medical students".
>>
>>4850002
I choose to believe David isn't quite that stupid given how his backstory doesn't involve a bargain-bin Mustang and a fatass wife he married right after basic training.
Can't fault them for the crayons though, them shits are delicious.
>>
>>4850009
"Nursing students"
There's a difference.
>>4850004
I suppose many a native girl would back that story up.
>>
>>4850009
big oof
>>
>>4849691

By following the marker on your map, it doesn't take long to search out the guy you'd taken the job from.
Although it must be said, he seems oddly surprised to see you again.

"Holy crap, you're still alive?"

"What the hell's that supposed to mean?"

"It means i figured you were gonna get your ass kicked down there. Well, good for you i guess. You're still not getting paid until you finish the job, though."

"It's done. Here's the proof."

You play a short video of you carving your name into one of those goon's chests with a pocket knife.
The next video plays, and the gas-bag's skin turns all sorts of different colors.

"Good lord man, i told you not to kill them!"

"Oh don't worry, they're just unconscious. They should wake up... eventually."

"...Alright, i guess a deal's a deal. I figured you were more full of hot air than i am, but you can really get it done, huh? Here's my number, just call me if you ever need any work."

Along with his number, he transfers the remaining 1,500 credits over to your account.
You double check just to make sure. It's all there.

"Looks good. Thanks for the cash, big guy."

"Hey, i never did get your name, biped."

"Ah... it doesn't matter. The less we know about eachother the better, i think."

"Heh, good attitude. See you around."

With that over, Cylia comes out of hiding and immediately begins whisper-screaming at you.

"David, you idiot! That's "Big Jet" you were talking to! He's with Sadia Corporation, they run this friggin' station! Who the hell do you think you're dealing with?!"

"Hey, that just means it was honest work. And look! I've got enough for my license and a decent weapon to boot."

"You must have a death wish, huh? Sure they pay good, but if you screw up you're gonna end up going on a spacewalk without a suit!"

"Good to know. I'll just have to make sure i don't screw up, then."

"Oh man, what have i gotten myself into?"

"Don't worry about all that, Cyl. We've got much more important matters to consider, like where we're going to sleep tonight. I've got a ship, but do you have a place?"

"Cyl? ...Uh, well... kind of? ...No, not really."

"Well, either you can stay with me, or we can rent you out a room. Your choice."

"I'd rather have the room, but... i don't have any money, either. Sleeping on a ship is better than nothing, so i guess i'll go with that."

"Great! Just don't go into the medical room. Seriously, there's some nasty stuff in there. Haha."

You're currently trying to remember if that blood got cleaned up or not. You're pretty sure it did. Well, whatever.

"Since we don't have to worry about that, i guess i can just go for it, huh?"

"Go for what?"

"The mercenary's license."

"What, right now?"

"Not NOW now, but shortly. Today, even."

"Okay... but you don't have enough cash for the both of us, do you?"

"True, very true! However, i have an abundant supply of crap! Therefore, we should be able to scrape by."
>>
>>4850024
Oh right the chemicals. WE should get the ship to appraise it all see what Cylia knows about it. If it's grey chems them it must be the good shit.

Did the ship not have an armory or anything? Clothes? What're we gonna do about shoes and socks?

Does this mean we'll need to set the shit to 1G to make sure we don't get weak bones?
>>
>>4850024
>Well first thing's first, I need some shoes. Can't be stepping on glass and needles. You know any place where they sell clothing for bipeds on this station?
I'd also want to see if we can't get a jacket too.
>>
>>4850034
oh yeah also the ship is radioactive currently
>>
>>4850044
Which should be fine as it was scrubbed once we got onto the station.
Or at least I hope it was. Seems like a safety hazard for most folks.
>>
>>4850034
>What're we gonna do about shoes and socks?
>tfw seven shopping bags and some tape to cover the footses
>>
>>4850036
A whole god damn wardrobe would be nice. What are we gonna do about showers, dental care, and shaving?

>>4850044
and missing one of two cargo bays. I hope those holes are self sealing, else we're gonna need to commission someone to seal it. We should also maybe find a more permeant means of disposing of the grey corpses. Throw em in the reactor, vaporize, maybe eat them? We should ask Cylia if greys taste good.
>>
>>4850051
>Not killing a shark koala to make leather shoes out of them and their friends
>>
>>4850052
>What are we gonna do about showers, dental care, and shaving?
I assume that there's actually facilities for grooming onboard the station given how common mammalian species seem to be.
I'd also wager the Grey's ship has at least some rudimentary implements for shaving and sanitation given their focus on medical technology and examination.
>>
>>4850055
We're a marine, not a tanner/cobbler. The best we can do is lace our boots!
>>
>>4850024
>>4850036
this, also maybe check out how much it will take to fix the ship
>>
>>4850063
support
ship repairs should come first and then maybe ask for another job.
>>
>>4850024

Heading back to your ship, you're immediately greeted by the computer upon stepping inside.

"Welcome back, captain. While you were gone, all electrical faults were repaired and system information was updated from the local net."

"Yeah cool. Hey, Cylia? Brace yourself, i'm gonna crank up the gravity in here."

"Alright. What are setting it to?"

"Computer, set gravity to 1G."

"Affirmative, captain."

"OOF!"

Despite bracing herself slightly, Cylia immediately gets knocked over as earth's gravity slams into her.
She gets back up just as quickly, though.

"Geeze, what's with that?! You weren't serious were you? Who lives on a planet with gravity like this?"

"Us humans do. Best get used to it, because i'm not changing it."

"Aww man!"

Cylia walks off and finds a bench somewhere to sit on. Looks like the gravity will take a minute for her to adjust to.

"Hey computer, you still got that log of all the remaining cargo, right?"

"All inventory logs are available at your order, captain."

"Can you find out which chemicals we've got in there are legal on this station and mark them for me?"

"Certainly, captain. Scanning... complete. The relevant information has been transferred to your holopad."

"Great. What else...? Oh, right. Hey Cyl! Do you know where i can get some clothes on this rock?"

"If you need clothes, there's a nanofab in the upper ward's shopping district. Shouldn't be more than a few dozen credits."

You have no idea how a nanofab works, but practically all the technology you've come across so far is insanely simple to use.
Most of it is either completely automatic or voice-commanded, so it shouldn't be a problem.

"Hey, just a thought... say i wanted to fabricate something other than clothes? Like, out of metal."

"There are a bunch of workshops here around the starport. I've never been in them though."

That's good. You might be able to get a quote on your ship repair if you go down there, and if you're lucky... well, maybe you can get a special item made for yourself.
What should you start on first?

>Selling the chemicals
>Finding some clothes
>Get a quote on repairs, and maybe something special
>>
>>4850079

We gotta know our repair cost BEFORE we buy other shit.
>>
File: 1619576239696.jpg (559 KB, 1055x1181)
559 KB
559 KB .jpg
>>4850074
problem is we're cash to fix the ship, so ship evaluation first, then job?

>>4850079
>"Can you find out which chemicals we've got in there are legal on this station and mark them for me?"
Are all the chemicals legal? If not how many are illegal?

>"There are a bunch of workshops here around the starport. I've never been in them though."
>power armor intiesifes

>>
>>4850079
>Selling the chemicals
its simple:
1. Sell
2. Repair
3. Merc
>>
>>4850079
gun
>>
>>4850079
Let's learn what the damage is before we proceed.
>>
>>4850088
Could also follow as:
1. Sell
2. Merc
3. Repair
depending on the price quota we'll get on the repairs. We need 2,000 credits for both our liscenses, and a few hundred credits to buy cloths, personal hygiene items, some armor, and guns, aaaaand food.
>>
>>4850079
>>4850088
it doesn't matter which order this goes in I guess so may as well switch to
so things can go along.
>>
>>4850079
Quick, what simple weapon screams "EARTH" the most?
Then after that, we go get some clothes.
>>
>>4850099
>Quick, what simple weapon screams "EARTH" the most?
The venerable spear, duh.
>>
>>4850079
We gots to gots to figure out our shit
>>
>>4850099
A rock unironically.
>>
>>4850101
>not the primal club
Do you even grug?
>>
>>4850099
If we're going full marine, maybe a KABAR and some kind of rifle
>>
File: t87g6rftyutgi87t.png (60 KB, 236x203)
60 KB
60 KB .png
>>4850099
A gun.
>>
>>4850108
The problem with a gun is ammo.
More specifically, we don't know if conventional powder cartridges even exist in this region of space, much less whether or not anybody here can make them in bulk.
>>
File: 1590165862879.jpg (101 KB, 1024x706)
101 KB
101 KB .jpg
>>4850107
Should we get grenades too while we're at it? Knuckle Dusters?
>>
>>4850104
>big knobbly stick
>can't even throw it right
>le bonk

or

>sleek and stylish pokey stick
>optimal for stabbing, bashing, slashing and tossing
>weird kung-fu shit like the monkey king

E Z
>>
>>4850108
If the fabricators take custom orders, we probably have our service rifle memorized part by part. Every Marine is a rifleman. Will also accept a fucking Lazer.
>>
>>4850087
No, not all of them are legal. In fact, some of them are EXTREMELY fucking illegal.
Most of them are fine though. Only a few are worth much, or else you only have small quantities.
>>
>>4850120
With a fireaxe attached to one end.

>>4850121
could our feline friend help us fence some of these goods? Are grey's edible?
>>
>>4850114
>>4850115
grenades are gonna be regulated and we're in a space station for Pete's sake. nobody here has ANY IDEA what a gun is, to the law a rifle would probably just be a fancy nail driver or hole puncher or something. They have nano forges and stuff ammo probably won't be a big problem
>>
>>4850127
Nothing like grilling your captors with your cat petfriend
>>
>>4850127
She could. Doesn't mean there's a buyer, though.
As for the greys... anything's edible if you're brave enough.

But their blood smells like copper and you don't particularly like it.
>>
>>4850120
>Lasgun with M4 furniture and controls
Yes please
>>
>>4850134
She could help us find a buyer

Hey man. It's free food.
>>
>>4850131
>using normally mounted or placed industrial equipment as a portable man-operated weapon just to literally flex on people
>>
>>4850143
I meant that, even if you know a fence, there isn't necessarily going to be someone who wants to buy rare, expensive and extremely dangerous chemicals on this station.
You'd be better off selling them back to the greys.
>>
>>4850135
Aaarrrmooorrr

>>4850148
Fair enough
>>
Guys, how about we get ourselves a god damn laser cutting greataxe? Gets the point across, helps build an image, feasible with this technology and will slice a bitch in half if a point needs to be made.
>>
>>4850175
If we're gonna get a laser weapon, I say we go for the humble sword.
Big Luke Skywalker vibes.
>>
>>4850175
>>4850179
Why stop at that? Get some power fists, we know hand to hand dont we? Might as well stick to things we're familiar witj.
>>
>>4850181
>>4850179
>>4850175
Just use rock, Grug no need fancy stuff.
>>
>>4850181
honestly, some proper power fists might be the overall best option.
They'd give us an edge in close quarters, and we can probably just pretend that they're prosthetics if anybody asks.
>>
>>4850192
A power fist is a rock. A refine and crafted rock, but a rock nonetheless.
>>
>>4850196
>They'd give us an edge in close quarters
You mean like our big stronk boi species already has?
>>
>>4850196
We got the rights to bullshit since no one knows what a human is.
>>
>>4850198
Only the finest rocks for the biggest grug.
>>
>>4850198
No, We need smaller rock. give chance
>>
>>4850204
When you form a fist with your hand, its shaped like a rock. When you form a fist while wear a power first, your hand is the rock. Ancient grug martial arts tactics.
>>
>>4850202
Why not play to our strengths even further then?
>>
>>4850210
Fuck aliens?
>>
File: image0-24.jpg (71 KB, 604x703)
71 KB
71 KB .jpg
I vote gun and K-Bar. as one anon said the "industrial rivet driver" in legal speak as in fucking Halo Brute spiker in human barbarian speak, which would fit our image.

One end throws refined metal projectiles at a supersonic speeds, using an explosive reaction of chemicals. Only insane monkeys could come up with this, as civilized spacefaring races learned how to use phasers millennia ago...... Computer, pull up information on humans -> human history -> warfare -> technology of warfare.

This is a science ship, it's gotta have aassove database. Fuckin grayyyys have been spying on us all throughout history, they've got to have some files on our technology. They also have a lot of dangerous and illegal chemicals, we can 3D print, and there's bound to be an unscrupulous engineer aka gunsmith somewhere on the station.
>>
>>4850216
I support this
Plus we can just hire some rack addict scientist/engineer to make us our power armour
>>
>>4850210
Because overspecialization is a thing.
>>
>>4850216
I support this as well
>>
>>4850219
>be frail but gigabrain alien
>spend time weightlifting instead of studying
>better not risk overspecializing
>>
>>4850241
Yes. No one fucks with a Grey with Gains
>>
File: Greys.png (6 KB, 460x411)
6 KB
6 KB .png
>>4850245
How can h*m*ns even compete?
>>
>>4850254
The only way we know how. By having a bigger dick.
>>
>>4850119
>poke a hole in ayy, literally just a primitive laser, nobody cares outside of priming their lasers and returning fire
OR
>crush ayy with godlike strength, hear the lamentations of their organ donors and see them driven before you
The superiority of the club is clear to see.
>>
>>4850262
>he thinks you can't crush things with a spear
Bro it's literally a club but sharp. Just like a quarterstaff is a club but long. Ain't you never THWACKED a nigga with a spear before? Damn.
>>
File: sectoi.png (190 KB, 610x702)
190 KB
190 KB .png
imagine looking like this and except to be treated seriously
>>
File: Greys(1).png (4 KB, 460x411)
4 KB
4 KB .png
>>4850258
>>
File: Greys(2).png (10 KB, 460x411)
10 KB
10 KB .png
>>4850270
>>
>>4850270
The small should fear the l o n g
>>
File: file.png (1796 KB, 900x1273)
1796 KB
1796 KB .png
Which one is the closest to cylia? There is Feifei Feiqizi and kafei. In that order
>>
how strange, I am certain I made a post discussing the possibilities of space catgirl maids but it is somehow hidden
>>
>>4850277
Big tiddy Outlaw Star catgirl gf
>>
>>4850148
what are these illegal chemicals? Do we have any info on them from our holopad?
>>
>>4850297
You do. Some of the info was wiped, but generally known uses are all still there.
Some of them are just straight up dangerous, either super poisonous or highly explosive.
Others are precursors to things that are extremely dangerous, or used for making drugs.
Still more are just drugs, and not the sort you make in a bathtub. This shit would make big pharma piss itself, and it's not suitable for sentient life.
There are a few more as well with more niche uses, and a couple with no data on them at all.

Either way, it's a big no-no to sell these. Some of them would get you clapped just for bringing them on the station.
If this were a normal ship you'd have been hauled in before you could step off, but fortunately greys are very good at working quietly.
>>
File: 1533439807961.gif (1146 KB, 484x305)
1146 KB
1146 KB .gif
>>4850309
>highly explosive.
>>
>>4850309
I like the explosive ones. We could jettison them into space and have then blow un on any pursuer, or smuggle them into some place we want blown up later.
>>
>>4850309
highly explosive
Now by chance, can we get some info on how to turn those into something throwable?
>>
>>4850088
>>4850090
>>4850092
>>4850095
>>4850099

"Cylia, can you load up these containers into some crates? When i get back we're gonna sell them off to pay our bills here. In the meantime, i need to get a quote on some ship repairs."

"Ship looked fine when we came in, though."

"You haven't seen the other side, yet. Literally got a chunk taken out of it. Anyways, the cargo?"

"Sure. What's in them, though?"

"Medical supplies, chemicals, crap."

"Great. Try not to get into any trouble while you're out there, alright?"

"No promises."

Pulling up the trusty holomap, you connect to the local net and find the best-rated machine shop you can.
It's not far. In fact, you can see it from here. When you enter, you're greeted by a fat-looking blue fish guy with sharp teeth and a big smile.

"Watche lookin' fer?"

Oh, that's cute. He's got an accent for some reason.
If that's the case, you don't see a reason not to let your own accent come out a little.

"Y'all do ship repair here?"

"Sure do. You own that big white one in bay three?"

"Yep. They won't let me take off till i patch that hole. Trouble is, i'm a little short on funds. I was lookin' to get a quote."

"Haha, yeah i bet, son. Saw that sucker pull in, looked like you were on the wrong end of a spinal cannon. Melted all to hell, right through the armor!
Did you fly too close to the sun or what?"

"Eh, you could say that. Think you can patch it up?"

"Sure, my boys already took a look from the outside. Five grand if all you want is a patch. Hell of a lot more if you want it rebuilt proper."

"Yeah, that's about right, i guess. Alright, in that case i have one more question. You guys do custom machine work?"

"Sure do. We got an industrial nanofab in the back, plus a few smaller ones fer makin' little parts. What do you need?"

"Well, i've got these designs i was thinking about..."

>Pick up to one of each

>Pistols
>M1911, .45 ACP (50 credits)
>Ruger SR 22, .22LR (35 credits)

>Shotguns
>Remington 870, 12 guage (115 credits)
>KS-23, 6.2 guage/23mm (130 credits)

>Rifles
>SKS, 7.62x39 (100 credits)
>AR-15, 5.56 (130 credits)

>Knives
>KABAR (10 credits)
>Swiss Army (20 credits)
>>
>>4850353
>KABAR (10 credits)
>>
>>4850358
>KABAR (10 credits)
marine loadout
also, more than 5k to fix the ship whole, looks like we are going to be here for a while. Maybe not so long depending on how much our chemicals sell for.
>>
>>4850363
While the AR-15 is a proper rifle, I'd argue that the 870 gives us more versatility.
In my mind, they both fair equally well in the mid-range, but the 870 will give us room to experiment with different shells and whatnot.
>>
>>4850353
>Pistols
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M1911_pistol

>Ruger SR 22, .22LR (35 credits)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ruger_SR22

>Shotguns
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Remington_Model_870

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KS-23

>Rifles
>SKS, 7.62x39 (100 credits)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SKS

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AR-15_style_rifle

>Knives
>KABAR (10 credits)
>Swiss Army (20 credits)

Get the M1911, the KS-23 because it's a bigger than the Remington, an AR-15, and KABAR. Can we get custom ammo as well?
>>
>>4850353
>1911
>KS-23
>SKS
>KABAR

Splurge on the guns and stopping powa

Little disappointed at no spiker.
>>
>>4850369
Ammo is something you'll be able to make in your ship.
>>
>>4850366
Both will be useful in their situation
>>4850353
>>4850363
also add:
>>
>>4850353
>>KS-23, 6.2 guage/23mm (130 credits)
Fuck you, the cover you were in and fuck my shoulder. Did you know this gun is illegal in gringoland because of its rifled barrel? And it is BIG. For some reason the stock is OPTIONAL.
>>
>>4850366
TBF the KS-23 has it's one flavors of variety. Slugs that can punch holes into car engines, tear gas, flashbangs.

>>4850374
Will these guns be strong enough to handle extra powder to make boolets go fasta (+P)?
>>
>>4850374
ammo? Do we have a tiny nano fab ourselves or handmade?
How do these nanofabs work either way because I wanna know if we can use those explosive chemicals for custom explosive ammo
>>
>>4850374
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CornerShot
Can we also go for the tacti/k/ool meme?
>>
>>4850370
Meh, it's a HFY setting, human weaponry is kind of the territory
>>
>>4850380
I don't think those chems will resist the acceleration without going KAPOW
>>
>>4850380
There is in fact a tiny nanofab on the ship for making medical equipment and medicine.
With a little tweaking, it could easily be used to create gunpowder and bullet casings.
>>
>>4850353
>>4850358
fuck it, changing my vote to
>KABAR (10 credits)
Gotta go big or go home.
>>
>>4850380
They usually work using a combination of high-powered magnetic fields, nanomachines and lasers to manipulate materials.
Typically they're specialized towards a certain type of work, so one nanofab may not be able to make the same things as another.

They also require raw materials to do so.
The fab in your ship can handle metal, plastic, glass and chemicals well in small quantities.
The greys would use it to make surgical tools, syringes and slides, but you'll be making tiny metal tubes.
It can also mix chemicals and break them down to a degree, acting like a little miniature chemistry set. It's a bit slow, but plenty functional. Perfect for gunpowder.

Just don't try to run anything super volatile through it.
>>
>>4850384
with a little testing, we could probably do it
>>4850385
excellent, what's the legality of self-made weaponry anyway?
>>
>>4850391
Legally? There isn't much stopping you from getting or making a weapon. Most people don't need or want them, and nobody feels like trying to take a phaser from the predator who owns it.
If you have either a mercenary license or a weapons license, you can have a phaser up to a certain wattage. Anything above that is considered military-grade.

As for chemical-based projectile weapons? Not even a thought in the heads of modern, civilized aliens. The closest thing they've got is railguns mounted on battleships. Go ham.
>>
>>4850395
Is there anything stopping us from making a fully automatic shotgun with a drum magazine? with 4 gauge?
>>
>>4850395
Does our holopad show inhabited worlds? If so which is the nearest one.
>>4850400
that would be funny as fuck
>>
>>4850395
Two words for when we get to contracts: Shock and awe. We go in loud, fast and terrifying.
>>
>>4850400
Not a goddamn thing.
Not to say it would be practical, but nothing is stopping you.

>>4850402
Not your holopad specifically, but every charted system in the galaxy is available on your ship's star charts, and you can view those either on the ship or through your holopad.
>>
>>4850395
Kek, all space modern armour is ablative armor. Bullet will give no shits for it.
>>
>>4850408
Yeah. A one ounce lead slug doesn't give a fuck about energy shields, either.
It's not gonna be a good time for somebody.
>>
>>4850379
>Will these guns be strong enough to handle extra powder to make boolets go fasta (+P)?
Yes. You will be able to make and use custom ammo.
>>
>>4850408
>Be alien trooper
>Have advanced energy shields and armour that can stop lasers
>Some crayon muncher and his catgirl rush in with a drum fed automatic shotgun and rip your whole platoon to shreds in seconds

we need to get a custom nano fab so we can create our special explosive chemical shots.
>>
>>4850414
Fucking sweet.
>.460 Rowland for the .45 ACP
>Popular derivative versions of the 45 ACP are 45 Super and .460 Rowland.[19] The Super is dimensionally identical to the 45 ACP; however, the cartridge carries a developer established pressure of 28,500 psi (197 MPa) and requires minor modification of firearms for use. The Rowland operates at a developer established 40,000 psi (280 MPa) SAAMI and may only be used within a select group of firearms significantly modified for this purpose; the Rowland case is 0.057 inches (1.4 mm) longer specifically to prevent it from being chambered in standard 45 ACP firearms. Brass cases for each of these cartridges carry the applicable name within the headstamp. The Super provides approximately 20% greater velocity than the 45 ACP +P; the Rowland approximately 40% greater velocity than the 45 ACP +P.

Now all we need is armor and shields. Can we add supressor and sub sub sonic ammo to the list?
>>
File: vabyiwucfr351.png (461 KB, 640x351)
461 KB
461 KB .png
Looks like we might be spending up to 310 to 320 credits depending on if we want the KABAR.
>>
>>4850363
this, marine loadout. That Russian shotgun would be good to have as well.
>>
>>4850441
It's an investment so we can earn more money in coming jobs
>>
>>4850429
Should just upgrade (or sidegrade, depending on how you interpret it) to proper 10mm. It shoots pretty well. If you don't have baby hands that is.
>>
>>4850479
Isnt 10mm the same as 9mm? Different by 1mm, different powder and diameter but mostly same results. 10mm and 9mm are more for police, while .45 ACP is for armed military forces am I right?
>>
>>4850482
10mm was looked at for LEOs, FBI specifically. Concerns over overpen killed it's adoption.
>>
>>4850482
>10mm and 9mm are more for police, while .45 ACP is for armed military forces am I right?
Not at all.
Current issue sidearms for militaries the world over have switched to 9mm for sidearms. This has been the norm for about 50 years.
The ballistic profiles between most pistol cartridges don't really differ that much, save for on either end of the spectrum in terms of dimension.
But back to 9mm vs .45ACP, the main advantage 9mm has is that you can carry more of it.
Or more accurately, you can fit more of it in a magazine and have more than double the capacity of pistols chambered in .45ACP.
>>
>>4850482
It's slightly bigger and can sustain higher pressures. The Feds wouldn't use it because it hurt their wittle hands and the the guns were too big.

It has more energy in the round than your typical .45. By a lot actually. Which I guess wouldn't help us here since the targets we'll have won't have proper body armor.

I'm just being facetious about the Fed thing. The guns were a little bigger than you'd want for something you can stuff in your pocket. 10mm are still pretty fun though.
>>
>>4850482
Actually lemme put it this way, 10mm is just the full sized version of the .40
>>
File: ODSTs.png (299 KB, 632x587)
299 KB
299 KB .png
>>4850489
Give sauce please?

What kind of armor should we get? Kevlar armor with ceramic armor plates, or alloy plates? Ceramics would be lighter and could evenly distribute force, but alloy protection varies and is generally heavier. Thankfully weigh is not so much of an issue as we're rarely enter an environment that has 1G, which means we can meme it us with the heavy armor. Speaking off, should we go for traditional armor of earth? Space marine? Sci-fi?

>>4850489
>>4850495
>>4850496
So in regards to "strongest" guns it follows as 10mm > .45 ACP > 9mm?
What if we stick with .45 ACP for now? It has a good balance between power and capacity, and if we want something powerful we could rely on KS-23 slugs to punch through everything.
>>
>>4850503
The 9mm and .45 are rough equivalents. The 9mm is faster but the .45 is a little heavier. For soft targets .45 will be your best bet, but the more armor or resistance they got the more pen you want.

The problem is I'm pretty sure the soft targets we'll face are so soft that unless we're rocking only hollow points the round is guaranteed to punch right through with minimal damage.

The sole reason I want to go with 10mm is because it's an option and no one ever takes it. You can even get a 1911 variant chambered in it.

Strongest gun though, really depends on what you want it for. Any gun can perform well if you load the right ammo though. Playing with the amount of propellant you put into it and the engineered deformation patterns upon impact. Lots of stuff goes into it. You could very well down-powder a 10mm to perform more like .45. You'd just have to adjust the springs and shits so the gun would cycle properly from using so much less.
>>
>>4850503
>So in regards to "strongest" guns it follows as 10mm > .45 ACP > 9mm?
Yes, but just barely so.
The difference is negligible enough that I would argue that capacity is the only defining difference between those 3 cartridges.
Said difference putting 9mm at the top oddly enough.
>>
lol /k/ is having fun
>>
>>4850562
https://youtu.be/rIlwHT4IdRc
A need to sneed.
>>
>>4850562
/k/ is always having fun. I've never been to /k/ and have no clue what I am talking about.
>>
>>4850562
Better I talk about firearms here than on /k/ where the whole place is riddled with argumentative retards, corporate shills, and plants from every glow in the dark organization out there.
>>
>>4850530
So if we want a 10mm, then what kind?
>>
>>4850575
I actually wouldn't know since it's not that commonly used.
>>
>>4850579
So stick with .45 until we do more research?
>>
>>4850400
>Is there anything stopping us from making a fully automatic shotgun with a drum magazine?
our joints
>>
>>4850575
the colt delta elite, the glock that's chambered in 10mm (cant be assed to Google it), or the MP5/10. I'd lean towards a .45, actually, as the round is naturally subsonic and easily suppressed.
>>
>>4850586
auto loading, mag fed shotguns tend to jam a lot more than anything else. we're probably going full retard regarding guns, a shotgun would be fine for our purposes at the moment
>>
>>4850587
Glock 20. Also .45 might be better for avoiding depressurization. IDK I think its worse at penetrating barriers than 9/10mm?
>>
File: file.png (311 KB, 1118x508)
311 KB
311 KB .png
I want a FAMAE SAF 200 chambered in 9mm ;( because of it's futuristic look and because it's designed and built by FAMAE from Chile! viva Chile
>>
>>4850353
>Swiss Army (20 credits)

Unlike a lot of people here, I expect the utility tools of the Swiss Army knife to be very useful in some cases.
>>
>>4850602
I would agree but while Firearms are unique to us there is no fucking way these spacefarers dont have a multitool to the swiss army knife to shame.
>>
>>4850602
We could always get both, but majority voted for the KABAR, so the swiss knife more likely than not will come later.

Should we get a gun for our cat friend? She should probably have a small caliber like 9mm or .22lr. Maybe a pistol.
>>
>>4850607
she will chase the laser pointer, so no.
>>
>>4850583
I would say stick with 9mm for those doublestack magazines.
>>
>>4850611
Example? Sauce?
>>
>>4850609
kek
>Dammit she shot her hand again.
>Third time this week
>>
>>4850609
Her species didn't evolve from a small cat, I don't think.
>>
>>4850593
.45 does a lot of damage to soft targets, but sucks at penetrating.
While a 1911 may not have a lot of rounds in the clipazine, it's great for close quarters on a spaceship, because you're not likely to get depressurized.

>>4850602
The ol' sonic screwdriver has it's uses for sure, but you'll never beat a swiss army knife and some precision percussive maintenance for getting out of a pickle.
>>
>>4850623
If we go for the nine, we could eventually invest in subsonics for shipboard combat.
>>
>>4850617
Simply put, single stack means it is a straight line in the magazine. Double stack means it is staggered and as such can hold anywhere from 30-50% more rounds in the magazine. The 1911 is single stack. Most modern handguns are double stack.
>>
>>4850607
MP7 for the meme potential
>>
>>4850617
It's a moot point since we don't have any 9mm options, but I'll humor you.
Our current option for a handgun in .45ACP is the 1911.
The 1911 typically only has a capacity of 8 rounds, 1 in the chamber and 7 per magazine.
The large dimension of the rounds themselves make it so you can only fit a single stack of ammunition in the magazine.

Compare that to a more contemporary pistol chambered in 9mm, like the Glock 17 (pic related), which has a standard magazine capacity of 17 rounds.
This is possible because the rounds are small enough in diameter to be stacked in two parallel rows in the magazine.
That's pretty much standard as far as full sized 9mm handguns go now.
>>
>>4850627
That's what the ruger option was for. High capacity, low power, convenient. And .22 will still kill you dead.
>>
>>4850623
Let's buy a screw on screw off supressor while we're at it. How much for some kind of reflex or red dot sight on the .45?Can we add a supressor to the AR too?
Voting for the KABAR and swiss army knife because why not. We can afford it.

>>4850628
I dont see any reason to make the 1911 a double stack or why we shouldnt.
>>
>>4850607
She's from a .7G planet and a bit of a catlet. I'd say we get something in .38 for her.
>>
>>4850635
>I dont see any reason to make the 1911 a double stack or why we shouldnt.
That mag would be huge. Or it wouldn't feed properly. I can't remember the reason why they don't. Maybe it's just stylistic reasons. I don't know off the top of my head.
>>
>>4850630
SMGs in general might be good. A 9x19 vityaz would be really nice if we had the blueprint...

Also second getting the plinking pistol for our partner.
>>
>>4850634
>And .22 will still kill you dead.
While I wouldn't want to get shot with a .22, and certainly not multiple times, I wouldn't rely on it to kill anything but small game in a quick timeframe.
>>4850635
>I dont see any reason to make the 1911 a double stack or why we shouldnt.
Because if we make a double-stack magazine for a gun chambered in .45, it'll have an uncomfortably thick grip.
The frame would also require a lot of small design changes to accommodate such a chunky magazine.
>>
>>4850607
A Vector
>>4850623
The sonic screwdriver is like the Swiss Army knife on crack with the shit it can pull from the BBC staple show.
Which makes me wonder if something like the Cybermen exist
>>4850637
Something with high recoil for shits and giggles
>>4850639
Just make it drum fed
>>
>>4850635
We're only allowed to buy a max of 1 weapon in each class, so we can't buy both the KABAR and the Swiss Army.
>>
>>4850648
O-oh.
>>
File: 1280px-FN_Hi_Power.jpg (145 KB, 1280x894)
145 KB
145 KB .jpg
>>4850639
Ya know, it's interesting that as the years went on, there were plenty of 1911 successors that kept a lot of the same features, but went down to 9mm.
Sometime's they're just scaled down 1911 clones, sometimes they're more distant cousins.
The Browning Hi-Power being the most popular in that regard.
>>
>>4850646
Might as well extend the barrel and attach a stock to the 1911 and turn it into a rifle.
>>
File: file.png (84 KB, 612x460)
84 KB
84 KB .png
>>4850646
>Something with high recoil for shits and giggles
>pic related

>"WHY DOES THIS EXIST?!"

>>4850648
I'm willing to compromise on that. I just don't want you all buying one of everything and trying to lug it all around.
>>
File: 3m26.gif (1001 KB, 322x236)
1001 KB
1001 KB .gif
>>4850646
>Something with high recoil for shits and giggles
Deagle it is.
>>
>>4850644
I got it! Extended magazine, or a wacky drum magazine like anon suggested.
>>
>>4850646
>Just make it drum fed
You're hurting me. Ew. Ow. Ugh.

>>4850651
9mm just performs a little bit better in general. And somehow has even more ubiquitous ammo than .45.

>>4850656
>.50 AE
>instead of .500 Nitro
HAH
>>
>>4850655
Give us the kabar and swiss. That sounds like a fair enough compromise.

And give her a gun with finger sized bullets
https://youtu.be/bKD9hjuHH1Q
>>
File: 6xjquk55-900.jpg (38 KB, 900x486)
38 KB
38 KB .jpg
>>4850657
At the point we start dipping into extended magazines and drums, we may as well just get a rifle.
The point of a pistol is that it can be comfortably concealed or fired by just about anybody regardless of size. Adding a billion pounds of bullshit doesn't help in either of those endeavors.
Still, neat ideas that should be explored later.
I'd like to have a folding SMG or something in the future.
>>
>>4850656
>Fires one shot

>Dies of decompression

Thanks for playing!
>>
>>4850656
Kek but majority is already voting for 1911 for ourselves. We could just lend her the shotgun but having an SMG in rotation would be good.
>>4850661
It’s simple: if it’s a gun just add a drum mag to it. Everything works better with a drum mag.
>>
>>4850605
>>4850623
See QM's statement here.

>>4850607
>>4850635
If anyone wants the Swiss Army (looking at the above), now is the time to change your vote.
>>
>>4850661
>. And somehow has even more ubiquitous ammo than .45.
Being small enough to have more than double the magazine capacity but still have comparable ballistics will do that.
>>
>>4850661
https://youtu.be/kv4ZsFTwbwM
>>
>>4850655
>>4850670
Wait, QM saves the day! Voice your opinion if you want both the KABAR and the Swiss Army!
>>
>>4850669
> Everything works better with a drum

t. has never had to clear a feed issue out of one
>>
>>4850670
Yeah, i'll be leaving the vote till tomorrow since there's a lot of discussion going on, so just say as much if you want both.
>>
>>4850676
Fuck it, im in
>>
>>4850677
Ignore that
>>
>>4850669
Look if you want to do dumb shit with ammo capacity just figure out how to belt-feed the 1911.

>>4850671
Yeah that'll do it I guess.

>>4850674
I like the ones where people fall out of the chairs.
>>
>>4850353
1911, KS23, AR, and both knives.

Can't wait to see what happens when some ayyy gets hit by a 23mm slug
>>
>>4850655
For the weapons we do eventually decide on, are we gonna get holsters and slings for each one?
>>
>>4850686
You'll be getting those along with your clothes.
>>
File: 9mm.jpg (7 KB, 308x163)
7 KB
7 KB .jpg
Cant fuckin wait
>>
>>4850683
If we eventually get to a point where we need a belt fed gun, I know what my first suggestion is gonna be.
>>
>>4850686
Of course. 2 or three knives belts, a thigh or hip holster for whatever pistol we pick. Maybe some rifle back holster for the K23 since it's small enough, and a sling for the AR.
>>
>>4850689
>tfw alien phaser rays are just like bug zappers but from fifty feet away
>>
>>4850655
>>4850676
In that case buying both has my vote
>>4850683
We could do what anon said and add a longer barrel and turn it into a mini rifle for our partner.
>>4850691
How are we gonna attempt to look like? My vote is either on space cowboy or Boba Fett
>>
>>4850369
>Knives
>KABAR (10 credits)
>Swiss Army (20 credits)
>Warhammer (100 credits?)

Getting guns isn't smart in HFY setting, Why do we want to make something that can kill us when most weapons we can use from aliens can kill them and not affect us? We don't want our human weapons to fall into enemy hands or give aliens a idea on how and what is needed to kill a human.
>>
>>4850690
A classic, but perhaps you would like a vintage?

Or an MG3. Keeps that sick look and stupid RoF. It's just stylish.
>>
>>4850693
See here >>4850503
>>
File: MG42.jpg (24 KB, 750x270)
24 KB
24 KB .jpg
>>4850690
>>4850695
And me, being el retardo, forgetto imagoo

>>4850693
If we're doing conversions we gotta get her a broomhandle mauser. Or a baretta.
>>
File: bountytac.jpg (93 KB, 750x683)
93 KB
93 KB .jpg
>>4850693
Compromise
>>
>>4850694
On one hand, I see your point, on the other hand, we get firearms.
>>
>>4850694
Well, they can't handle the recoil.
>>
>>4850696
What metals would work against these Ayy lasers any way if we don’t go with ablative?
>>4850698
Get her a Beret too
>>4850699
That will work
>>4850704
>Attempts to fire shotgun
>Entire arm ripped off
Maybe we should let them have it
>>
>>4850693
>How are we gonna attempt to look like? My vote is either on space cowboy or Boba Fett
Nathan Fillion certainly makes a strong case for the space cowboy look, but I personally would rather we keep to our roots.
Really, anything inspired by Halo/Alien/Vietnam would look good now that think about it.
>>
>>4850709
My years of autistically arguing about lasers on a different board says we just wave to wear mirrors, but Im not serious about that because its dumb.
>>
>>4850709
>Get her a Beret too
It is decided.
>>
>>4850709
>Get her a Beret too
Stylish. Actually should we become mercs, should we gets uniforms made as well? Outside of just big armor I mean.
>>
>>4850714
The most obvious solution to my monkey brain is just dissipating the heat from the beams rather than try to deflect them.
Something like a composite armor would also be a lot easier to maintain than a conventional reflective armor I feel.
>>
>>4850715
>tfw because of her catlike self she has vastly increased hand-eye-coordination and thus can effectively SPEEEEEEEEEEEEEN
Alright, you've convinced me. She needs a couple .38's until she builds her biceps enough to handle the big league rounds.
>>
>>4850702
We can just have exploding plasma balls that only give us skinburn....

>>4850704
>>4850709

They can probably build something that can, or put it on a gunship or drone. Plus there are probably some aliens who would try and getting hit with even one round can cause us a lot of problems. I'd rather run around swinging sharp or heavy bits of metal.

I'd not saying they would nessecarily pick up our gun and use it against us, but the concept and the rough idea of what kind of weapon and how powerful it would need to be can be used as a basis for an anti human weapon. Plus they mostly used automated drones so they don't need to hold it.
>>
>>4850718
Yes, but only after they prove they deserve to wear one.
>>
File: 1445370553839.gif (972 KB, 400x300)
972 KB
972 KB .gif
>>4850709
>Get her a Beret too

You.
Good man.
>>
File: military-unit-patches.png (507 KB, 1283x729)
507 KB
507 KB .png
>>4850718
We can just keep to a general theme and then make unit patches for all our cohorts.
>>4850724
Correct. You gotta earn your stripes.
>>
>>4850719
You could just use ablative armour where the heat would just create a bunch of particles coming out the armour piece thus reducing beam coherency
>>
>>4850721
You'd be surprised at how stubborn and stupid "Smart" people are. They can see what the gun is, and roughly how it works, but they'll refuse to copy it because their technology is "better" and "sophisticated".

I mean I don't want to use guns either, but if we are gonna end up doing it you bet your ass I'm gonna go all in on the memery.
>>
>>4850726
>We can just keep to a general theme
Mean army green? Bananahammocks and Bikini-bottoms? Sweatpants?
>>
>>4850714
No I think your onto something
Just reflect the lasers back at them
>>4850718
If it makes good money then why not
>>4850721
If they use robots then simple solution: EMPs and water but if they are willing to spend that much just to hunt us down then they probably have other countermeasures.
>>4850728
The greys would eventually do it but not before citing their racial superiority about how they can calculate the gigashits a sun could produce on hand.
>>
>>4850712
I'm still sticking with the ODST armor idea because it has a visor, and visors are cool.

>>4850718
When we get enough crew members, an bigger inventory of weapons, and better ship equipment, probably.

>>4850714
Some mix alloy of tungsten and steel? Something with a high melting point like Tungsten,candy durability of steel. I dont know if this is ideal but it's an idea. We can probably hand wave some (but not all) of the issue that come with encumbrance. Kevlar armor underneath for punches, scratches. Ceramics for slugs throwers, and top layer or energy protection alloy.

>>4850721
Then just get power armor.
>>
>>4850728
I don't like the idea of leaving all the "evidence behind" like bullets and shell casing, powder residue.

We should at the very least design a rail gun or gauss rifle of sorts, perhaps with exploding bullets. That removes 2 out of 3 things we;d leave behind.

Plus when it comes to other preditors they might be "dumb" enough to copy our shit if only for seeing how effective it is.

How would aliens even know how to build our earth weapons unless we knew the total design specs by heart somehow....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iE6Jk1r7aUI
>>
>>4850727
This

Besides paying +5k to pay for ship damages, we'll also want to refuel for the ships reserves, and whatever that anti-matter stuff is in case we wanna sneak. And maybe less shit armor and armaments for ship. Let's add some exterior turrets.
>>
>>4850732
>We can probably hand wave some (but not all) of the issue that come with encumbrance
Since we'll be on presumably low-grav environments we could probably wear just about an entire tank. The range of motion may not be ideal but when you can bodyslam an enemy nearby into meat-paste it's less of an issue.
>>
>>4850732
Then just get power armor.
I absolutely want power armor. And a combat mech... that we can use with our power armour. Kind of like titanfall.
>>
>>4850732
Metal is shit against lasers. So are mirrors, which are also just metal. It doesn't matter how reflective you make it, a pulse laser is going to burn through anyways.
What you want is ablative armor. Aerogel, carbon foam, plastic. It's lightweight and you could fire a laser at it all day long.

Ideal for vegans and space bugs.
>>
>>4850733
Caseless ammunition ammunition is a thing that exists. I'm not worried about them figuring our bullets. They'll figure it our on their own eventually.
>>
>>4850735
Dark matter and dark energy. AKA unobtainium that reasonably explains away magical spaceship powers like cloaking, FTL and gravity generation.
Although you'll need antimatter as well, to power your ship. Eventually.
>>
>>4850732
>I'm still sticking with the ODST armor idea because it has a visor, and visors are cool.
I get the distinct feeling the clothing replicators won't be able to make the armor plating itselfs, but the actual uniform and subsequent boots, pouches, and holsters are definitely something we can do now.
>We can probably hand wave some (but not all) of the issue that come with encumbrance
You know how they got around that issue in Halo? Just do more PT.
>>
>>4850740
>Caseless ammunition ammunition is a thing that exists
Just barely. That said, once we get a proper engineer on our payroll, we'll probably have an easier time of leveraging the hyper-advanced materials and chemicals available in space.
>>
>>4850742
Yeah, the clothing fab mainly deals in fabric. It can make buttons, buckles and the like as well, but you're not getting an armored helmet and visor out of it.
The future holds endless possibilities, however.
>>
>>4850736
Yeah man. Use the extras mass (not to be confused by weight) to pain train into someone and close line them.

>>4850738
I totally forgot Aerogel was a thing. Its brittle as fuck, but can withstand really fucking high temperatures. I think aerogel packs in a kevlar suit should do nicely.

>>4850742
>Just do more PT.
Our guy said he was injured during his tour. Thing the greys fixed that, or he still has some faint lingering scars? We need to super science it up in this bitch.
>>
>>4850732
High melting point materials might be good but we should just use whatever the Ayys do.
>>4850735
With all the shit we want this asteroid stop is going to take up a whole lot of time.
I wonder if we can invest in space stocks here to build up our portfolio.
>>4850736
>>4850737
Power armour won’t be that good if we use metals as >>4850738 said but if we were to use plastics and shit that could actually be very devastating in low gravity situations since we would just be a walking tank.
>>4850738
Is our Holopad connected to space google or something so we can look things up?
>>
>>4850747
Your holopad can connect to the ship's databanks and the local internet of whatever station or planet you're on.
That said, space computers have a whole hell of a lot of storage and processing power. There's a lot of information that you can look up pretty much anywhere.
>>
>>4850746
>pain train into someone and close line them.

>straight up fucking guillotine some poor dumb bastard because he popped up his head as you were running past
>>
>>4850746
>Our guy said he was injured during his tour
He's young, and our backstory states he was starting to feel said injuries less and less recently.
Besides, rehab and prehab are important parts of training anyhow.
>>
>>4850747
Only against pulse weapons. Now, if the power armor plates were thick enough, then I'm sure they would definitely be viable. Just buy an energy shield to deal with all those pesky pew pews.
>>
>>4850747
I was thinking of the special tiles on the NASA space shuttles.

>>4850740
I'm also worried about leaving evidence behind. Energy weapons are more common and leave less, helping "disguise" our less than likely legal activities, prevents building a pattern.
>>
>>4850752
I suspect the greys did stuff to mod our body too. Not to far from baseline human but maybe they fixed our injuries too.
>>
>>4850753
You could always do multi-layer armor. Like plate over chainmail. Could do ceramic top layer, alloy inner layer and follow it up with comfort and padding back layer.
>>
>>4850757
They clearly gave us a translator implant of some sort.
I'm also willing to bet they gave us some type of experimental treatment since they were talking about us like we were some kinda test subject for something they wanted to sell.
>>
>>4850751
https://youtu.be/ba50SE8BfZk
https://youtu.be/s-P2cJ2wafs
>>
>>4850761
Oh yeah, miniaturized reactors are probably a thing out in space.
That solves making power armor feasible.
>>
>>4850750
Does every ship have a cloaking device and A.I as smart as ours or did we get lucky?
>>4850753
Pulse weapons would melt through our metal as per what QM said but if we create multi layer armour of Ablative and metal materials then that would be ideal but we would have to get a professional for that probably.
>>4850760
They did give us the translator but I think that may be a universal thing. If they can do that though they must definitely have Psionics and we have to steal it!
>>
>>4850755
I hear your worried brother, but they still dont out weigh the waves of endorphins we'll be feeling when we shoot up a bunch of ayys. If you want, we can collect the bodies we kill then eat them to hide the evidence. We'll save a killing on groceries.
>>
>>4850747
>Power Armor
I'll say this. Composite materials are a wonder of human warfare.

The ayys tend to user ultra lightweight materials that forego defense, because they make every effort not to fight in the first place.
If they get into a shootout, then someone or something fucked up badly.

It's probably not going to come up again, so i might as well talk about it here.
When china nuked your ship (it was china) the shields actually managed to hold, for a second. However, all that energy built up and, well...
Have you ever seen really high voltage pass through something like a piece of glass, that it wouldn't normally go through?
That's what happened to your second cargo bay.

>>4850765
No, yours is an advanced ayylmao black ops vessel, used for conducting purely peaceful science missions in uncharted territory. Honest.
There's a lot more rust on most people's ships.
>>
>>4850763
https://youtu.be/AWnQedD4BlI
We've got a list of materials for armor on the power armor, we gotta get a power source which is probably obtainable, and need to figure how the fuck the electronics in it works.

Will we need to commission the power armor?
>>
>>4850771
>When china nuked your ship (it was china)
GODLESS COMMUNIST BASTARDS!
I have to wonder how badly things are deteorating on Earth right now since China detonated a fucking nuclear warhead in orbit.
I hope our dog is okay.
>Have you ever seen really high voltage pass through something like a piece of glass, that it wouldn't normally go through?
I have now. Shit's cool.
>>
>>4850771
https://youtu.be/O7hgjuFfn3A
Does that mean China is gonna capitalize on all that alien loot? Those no good commie scum!

Can we get an ideal of how many figures a suit of functional power armor (plus shields) will cost?
>>
>>4850771
Dammit, China.

Well the good news is even a brickhead like MC should know that ceramics are very heat tolerant and steel is very impact tolerant. So slap some plates on top of plates and badda bing it's tuff
>>
>>4850776
>I hope our dog is okay.
Oh fuck. Do you think we got lucky? Maybe they took the dog with us. If they didn't well. Its probably gonna starve to death back in earth, run into the wilds and probably die, die through Fallout back in earth, or died in the second cargo bay.
>>
>>4850781
>because of the graaayyyyys our dog might die

Okay so that whole genocide the little green men thing? I'm on board with it now.
>>
>>4850776
They detected a debris field in orbit and assumed they "got it", whatever "it" was.
As for the political fallout, well, they're not popular right now. But the actual detonation took place outside of the magnetosphere, so there's wasn't really much damage done on the surface.
A few satellites got fucked up, though.

As for Mutt, well, he's a mutt. You were outside with him when you got abducted, and he's never been on a leash in his life.
You found him outside, and now he's outside again. For ol' Mutt, ain't much changed. He'll be alright.
He did wonder where the hell you went for a few days, though.
>>