[3 / an / cgl / diy / gd / i / n / out / p / po / qst / s4s / t / trv / vip / vm / vmg / w / wg / wsr / ] [Settings]
Board
Settings Home
/qst/ - Mitsuba Archive

File: OP_compressed.jpg (247 KB, 900x600)
247 KB
247 KB .jpg
Coming Back From Break Edition

RECAP

You are Tamaki Koharu, a boy from Kasuga-taisha, raised as a shrine maiden for many years, until with the help of your father Eizan you were able to leave and attend a high school in Osaka. For as long as you can remember, you were able to see ghosts, but also able to project your soul out of your body, to explore the world while your fragile body was locked inside the shrine complex. In high school you met two people who became your close friends: Shoji Akane and Tsukuda Chie. Your ordinary school life was cut short however, as on a fateful night, you were caught between a hollow and its prey. That’s when you met a shinigami you now know very well, Takenaka Hisashi, Lieutenant of the 13th Division.

One thing led to another, and you started to learn about your spiritual powers: That of the Spider, and that of the Stag, both beings sealed within you from the old legend about Nara from over a thousand years ago, passed along your female ancestors, now ending with you. The former power allows you to affect and control the minds of hollows, while the latter allows you to kick up your sixth sense through the roof.

The enigmatic man called Urahara Kisuke guided you on this path with training (though with quite sketchy means), enough that you could start to fight back. You even managed to repel the hollowfied former principal of your school, though in a moment of hesitation and mercy, you let him escape, a fact later bit you in the ass.

This very same hollow attacked your school and crippled your body even further, putting it into a coma. Left with few alternatives, you accepted a task from Urahara: To proceed into the afterlife, join the Gotei 13, and infiltrate a conspiracy there which had forced him into exile. Spending one last evening in a fake body with your besties, you departed for the afterlife, only to find it a poverty-stricken, hardship-filled land of misery.

Half a year you lived in the Nakashiri district of West Rukongai, eventually adopting its name in place of Tamaki. You also met six urchins there, to whom you became something like a big sister. You left them with a new home, the skills to survive and with hope of seeing you again one day, and joined the Shin’ō Academy to become a shinigami.

>1/4
>>
File: Thread010a.jpg (470 KB, 1000x700)
470 KB
470 KB .jpg
You joined the academy mid semester with an impressive show of hakuda and shunpo. At the academy you befriended Yamaji Emika and Aohira Izumi, your ‘besties from the afterlife’ with whom you studied, trained, and hung out. You also gained a self-appointed rival there, Shiraka Yukiko, who would cause trouble for you in various manners for years to come.

Not long after being given an asauchi, the blank zanpakutō upon which shinigami are to imprint (with most never being able to), you were able to properly enter your inner world and meet face to face with Celaris the Stag (representing your desire for freedom), and Zilya the Spider (representing your desire for control). Another big surprise was that Zilya was originally a hollow, explaining why her power affects them the most.

These two powers are fundamentally opposed to each other, creating a divide within you. You decided to put neither of them into the asauchi, and after some time, it instead took after your desire to change the world. Thus, you gained one of your most important tools yet: Naimen no Daiza, with the power to mediate practically anything.

It was during the awakening of your zanpakutō that Captain Aizen made his move, and approached you. He only introduced himself and offered his help for the future, which you would end up taking in the end. The culmination of your academy life was when the field trip to the living realm went sour, when the hollow born out of the school principal’s soul came looking specifically for you, and caused absolute devastation. You were able to destroy the hollow with the help of Asato Junichi, a friend of Hisashi, and the bearer of hollow taint upon his soul. This even earned you the attention of the Central 46, the rulers of Soul Society, and such attention is never good.

You joined the 5th Division, under Captain Aizen, who became your prime suspect for being the leader of the conspiracy. He helped you train, challenged your mental skills, and in the end, started showing you things that the higher ups didn’t want you to see. Together you even found out you could use your zanpakutō to mediate hollows, and create arrancars: hollows that gained back their humanity. The first person you arrancarified was Lahela, who would become one of your trusted allies and friends in the Wailing Forest near the Nakashiri district.

Under the tutelage of Aizen, you dug deeper into the repository of knowledge held deep within the Central 46 complex, learning of powerful, special zanpakutō and history related to your inner spirits, even the events leading to Urahara’s exile. What more lurks in that archive of theirs, just waiting for you to uncover?

>2/4
>>
Your journey as a shinigami was not without burden, as the Shiraka family tried to blackmail you by threatening the kids in the Rukongai. Despite the fact that you removed any threat to the kids, you decided to play along, leaving the Shiraka to believe that they have you in their pocket. This however meant that you had to start babysitting your self-appointed rival, for whom it seemed to be as much of a punishment as for you. It did allow you to finally get through that thick skull of hers.

Aizen, partially at your request, arranged for you an assignment at Osaka, but also a secret mission to enter Hueco Mundo, to help him raise more arrancar from suitable hollow candidates. For this, you asked Lahela to accompany you.

Now, after a few years, you’re back in Osaka, your home. What was supposed to be a sweet and nostalgic return, turned out to be sorrowful, once you found the ashes of your body in an urn, situated at the Tamaki crypt in Nara. You were found there by Kameko-miko, your caretaker since birth standing in for your late mother. You confronted her, her hurtful means of raising you, and accused her of intentionally dispatching your body, which she critically denied. Nevertheless, you left the shrine with gritted teeth.

Not all was sad: You were happy to get to meet up with your besties Akane and Chie again. Akane had gained powers of her own, born out of her memories of you and an item that you gifted her before your departure to the afterlife. Together with them and Lahela, you ended up dealing with a rather nasty hollow at an amusement park while trying to celebrate your birthday. After a straining battle, you met the weirdest character in this silly story of yours yet: the Jester. A being that even Zilya, a powerful hollow in her existence before sealing, fears. Despite her screaming at the back of your head, you accepted a bonkers deal with him, in return for healing both you and Lahela. Now you have a stack of papers to read, apparently the terms and conditions of your newly formed bond.

And that’s how we get to the current time, where you’re standing again in Urahara’s shop, and the shopkeeper himself is facing you, with a rather absurd situation on your hands.

3/4
>>
File: Urahara Kisuke 6.jpg (337 KB, 1600x2400)
337 KB
337 KB .jpg
“So let me get this straight, you want ME, a THIRD SEAT, to rescue a former CAPTAIN?”

Urahara spreads his arms to the sides and opens up his fan. “Bingo!”

“Do you have any idea how ridiculous that sounds?” you ask and pinch your nose.

“I’m sure if anyone, it’s you who can do it,” Kisuke says and brings his fan back to cover his mouth. “Surely you won’t be unprotected there!”

True enough, Aizen did mention that he arranged some guards for you on the other side.

“I’ll do my best to find him, but I REALLY doubt I can find him. Don’t hold your breath and don’t be disappointed when I come back empty-handed.”

“Oh I doubt you’ll come back completely empty-handed, Koharu,” he says with a smug smile and stands up with a cheerful demeanor. “Besides, I know you to be the preparing sort. You’re still biding time, aren’t you? Perhaps time for some.. training?”

“If you’re referring to that bankai training of yours, I can’t give you an answer yet. I… I need to sleep on it.”

“Suit yourself,” he nods and pulls his hat over his eyes. “I’ll be here for when you make a decision.”

And so you find yourself in a familiar room, resting against the wall. You still have some hours to sleep before proper night falls, and when hollows are the most active, and when your protection duties usually commence. Not like this place needs it, with Akane going full exterminatus on hollows nowadays. Lahela meanwhile, is soundly asleep beside you, quietly dreaming of something.

“Now then, what to do about that offer..”

>4/4

>Take Urahara’s training offer for bankai
>Ask him for other training instead
>Refuse any training from him altogether
>Other?
>>
File: 10threadanniversary.jpg (1982 KB, 2000x1000)
1982 KB
1982 KB .jpg
Welcome to a new thread of Advent Soul Quest, fresh from a break! I’ll be trying out a daily updating schedule instead of the session format that I used to do. Hopefully I’ll be able to put out content more consistently and give you more time to vote and discuss!

I also would like to thank all of you who have stuck with the quest. I truly appreciate it.

>What is this?
A quest based on the setting of Bleach. Deviation from canon depends on the MC’s influence, and some other additions are to be expected as well.
>Who are we?
Nakashiri Koharu, a former 10th grade (high schooler) trap, now a 3rd seat officer in Aizen’s 5th Division, under a spy mission from Urahara.
>When are we?
Currently it is Spring 1985, ~16 years prior to the events of canon.
>Dice? Challenge?
Prompted after deciding on an action. Usually 3d10, best of 3 (Bo3), against a set DC and sometimes a crit-DC. Write-ins may affect the DC as well. If a character stat (in the char sheet) is directly related to the action, it will substitute the lowest die in rolls if it is higher (will be always explained when prompted to roll).
>Updates?
Daily updates, with long voting period times. I will strive to update in my evening, leave voting on for overnight, and prompt rolls in the morning. Sometimes if I have the proper time, I may do an extra update in the morning. Let’s see how it works out! My timezone is UTC+3 (summer time).
>I have questions!
Ask away and I’ll do my best to answer! You can also address questions to characters, which I’ll answer in-character!
>What do?
Have fun, vote on what feels the best, roll some dice and chill.

Twitter: https://twitter.com/QmTrippy
Archive: http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/qstarchive.html?searchall=advent+soul+quest
Char Sheets: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1DQUOuJbOgzrjIKQLjMFxdmsQh3WIKMMFJQ8fO5-biYM/edit?usp=sharing
Social Links: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1HXWo1bA7rplcTIJSkE850qzEE55b-W36tuL_qtT0b00/edit?usp=sharing
Character Questions: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1S1RrQ6icjeWSV2MIb6EUwuZjzGx0QvuFjoxB1bN_tlU/edit?usp=sharing
>>
Good to have you back, Trippy. Can you also put the google docs up again?
>>4845034
>>
>>4845043
Thanks fren! It's good to be back and with a fresh mind!
>Can you also put the google docs up again?
Do the links not work anymore in >>4845037 ? At the bottom?
>>
>>4845034
Welcome back
>>
>>4845034
>>Take Urahara’s training offer for bankai
>>
>>4845080
why not get bankai?
>>
>>4845034

>>4845081
Well, I said it at the end of the last thread, but his training method for Bankai manifests our Zanpakuto spirit, and since we've told both him and Aizen that it's a combination of Zilya and Celaris, any individual manifestation of them, or the fountain, would immediately reveal our lying.
>>
>>4845051
>>4845051
That was my bad I read your post and having forgotten you include the docs at the end of the introduction each thread and not bothering to update before posting I assumed you had forgotten them
>>
>>4845034
>>
File: uraharafan.jpg (60 KB, 640x640)
60 KB
60 KB .jpg
>>4845043
>>4845065
>>4845080
>>4845087
>>4845197
Avoiding bankai... for now.
>Writing
>>
File: Ep45Tenshintai.png (915 KB, 759x1638)
915 KB
915 KB .png
The night passes quietly, and even the hollows don’t give you much trouble. The pair that do are quite weak and frankly had no sense of self-preservation. It even at times feels like hollows pop out, only to retreat, as if they’re being deterred by something.

“I just can’t have a normal assignment, can I?”

The next morning, you find Kisuke and have him lead you and Lahela downstairs into the massive training room that he has dug out somehow. How it doesn’t pretty much fuck up the city’s sewage, power grid and other stuff, you’ll never know.

“Behold! My creation! My pride! The Tenshintai!” Kisuke exclaims as he shows… a cardboard cutout.

“This… is…?” you raise an eyebrow, while Lahela just blinks and pokes at it.

“The marvelous tool to help you attain bankai! But you must know, you need to do it withi-”

“Not interested.”

You can just see how Urahara’s expression first changes to confusion, and then his whole body sloops down and deflates. “H-How can this be!”

“While I appreciate it, I decided to decline your offer. I want to do bankai training on my own, and as I guessed, your method involves some very shady inventions. So no thanks.”

“S-Shady? You wound me!” Urahara weeps.

“But, you could help me with some other training.”

“Ohhh?” Urahara stops sulking, and straightens his back, once more being taller than you. “I’ll admit, it’s damn fascinating. No shinigami ever would’ve opted out of special bankai training, a shortcut even, for something else. Makes me very curious, what is it that you need help with?”

You swallow hard as you feel his gaze, his mind trying to piece together things under that goofy hat of his.

>”You and Tessai are kidō geniuses, and I know you know forbidden spells.”
>”I want you to help me figure out how my zanpakutō works in general.”
>”Just show me more stuff I can do without a zanpakutō. I want to have options.”
>Other?
>>
File: usedupallgay.jpg (93 KB, 1080x1080)
93 KB
93 KB .jpg
I'll check the votes tomorrow morning. Should I also post on twitter each time I update, or is it fine as it is?

I'm not sure when I'll be able to put out the update tomorrow as uh, I've been asked out on a date, and I have no idea how that will go or how long it'll take. But I should manage by around the same time as now.
>>
>>4845624
>>
>>4845624
>>”You and Tessai are kidō geniuses, and I know you know forbidden spells.”
Figured I'd check in just to see if this was running, and lo and behold it is!

I forget what spells we learned about in our trip. I do remember one was teleportation, and I think the other was time manipulation? Personally, I think teleportation would be better for us. It lets us get in close for that all-important hit with our shikais, and probably costs less to use as well. Thoough if Urahara/others have better ideas, I'm all for them.
>>
>>4845624
Learning more about our zanpaktu is tempting but carries the same risk as training Bankai
>>
>>4845624
>>
>>4845624
>>”You and Tessai are kidō geniuses, and I know you know forbidden spells.”
Aww yeah time for gay ghost adventures.
Let's learn new kido we can chain to our reishi lock on
>>
File: smugastolfo.jpg (52 KB, 512x512)
52 KB
52 KB .jpg
>>4846278
>>4846402
>>4846935
>>4846940
>>4847546
Unanimous decision. Forbidden kido it is.
>Writing
>>
File: Urahara Kisuke 5.jpg (34 KB, 512x384)
34 KB
34 KB .jpg
You meet his eyes with your own, with a knowing look in them. He’s not the only one who knows how to play this game.

“You and Tessai are kidō geniuses.”

“There are many such in the Gotei 13.”

“Except that you know kidō that they don’t.”

“Oh they most likely know just as many if not more,” Urahara smiles.

“You’re right. But unlike them, you don’t have to heed the rules anymore.”

“Not like I obeyed them before,” Urahara mumbles, “but I digress. You’ve got my full attention.”

“I do need help with regular kidō, especially if I can make more things work with Kaishigome’s ability. But, I am interested in the forbidden ones. I know you know them.”

Kisuke spins his cane in his hand for a moment and slams it into the ground. “That’s all fine and dandy, Koharu-san, but suppose I just magically give you the knowledge and skill. How are you going to cast them?”

“E-Excuse me?” you blink.

“Kidō draws on your reserves of reiryoku. The stronger the kidō, the more it draws. You do know what happens when you’re out of reiryoku, don’t you?”

You clench your fists. “Yeah. I die. I see your point. So what do I do then?”

Urahara’s grin just widens and widens. You swear, if he somehow planned for this and he has something ready just for you and specifically for this situation…

“I’m glad you asked! You see, I just happen to have this very handy tool just for you and specifically for this situation!”

>1/2
>>
File: inflatingballoon.jpg (129 KB, 640x800)
129 KB
129 KB .jpg
You facepalm. “You’ve got to be kidding me.” Lahela just shrugs and puts a hand on your shoulder for some consolation.

“I most definitely am not! You see, imagine you were inflating a balloon,” he says, and despite your greatest wishes, he actually takes out a black balloon. “Your lungs only have a limited amount of room to blow air into the balloon, so you take turns. So what happens if you push the air from the balloon back into you?”

“Lungs explode. You die.”

“Exactly!”

You kick Kisuke in his stomach and pinch your nose. “I REALLY hope you have a point to all of this.

Kisuke, gasping for air, barely gets his voice out as he gets back up. “U-Unlike lungs, your reiryoku potential, it can actually be expanded. Like finding extra room in your lungs that you just haven’t been using all this time.”

“It still sounds super dangerous.”

“Part of the package! But if you do survive, I estimate your maximum reiryoku will double at the minimum if you succeed.”

“And what does success depend on?”

Urahara lowers his head just enough for the hat’s shadow to again go over his eyes. “Your willpower, Koharu.”

That does sound very tempting. And as you know, reiryoku is useful absolutely everywhere, not just kidō. But is it worth the risk? Just what will happen if your soul can’t handle it?

>2/2

>”Alright. If that’s what it takes.”
>”No, absolutely not.”
>Other?
>>
>>4847809
>>”Alright. If that’s what it takes.”
>pic
lewd
>>
>>4847809
I completely forgot this was coming back yesterday, welcome back Trippy
>>
File: astolfocute3.jpg (68 KB, 724x1024)
68 KB
68 KB .jpg
>>4847824
Thanks! It does feel good to be back. This kind of pace really makes things much easier for me, and I really like that it makes it easier for you all to participate as well. Can't miss it like with sessions.

I'm also incredibly glad I took that break. May was one hell of a rollercoaster for me in every imaginable way and I have no idea how I would've run the quest at the same time.
>>
>>4847809
>Other: “Preparation recommendations? I’ll establish a will with Akane and Labela about kicking your ass, but I’m open to measures that actually help me survive.”

Depending on what is involved we may be able to get assistance from Celaris or Zilya.
>>
>>4847922
Glad to see you back Trippy, and I finally have free time to participate properly. My only regret is missing the last session when we reunited with Hat n' Clogs. I would've loved to see his reaction if [spolier]we'd sat down opposite him and told him with a serious voice that we've been sent by Captain Aizen to assassinate him.[/spoiler]
>>
>>4847809
>>
>>4847809
>"Alright. If that’s what it takes.”
We will need to increase out Reiryoku eventually, especially if we ever run into people who're strong enough to KO you with just their pressure
>>
>>4847809
>>
File: astolfohue.jpg (47 KB, 594x530)
47 KB
47 KB .jpg
Phew. What a long day, finally got the groceries in as well. Time for an update!

>>4847820
>>4847824
>>4848045
>>4848080
>>4848247
>>4849038
It's a unanimous vote once more.
>Writing

>>4848070
Kek. That would have been pretty hilarious.
>>
File: reiryokudevice.jpg (13 KB, 676x402)
13 KB
13 KB .jpg
After deep contemplation, you do decide to go with this asinine idea.

“Alright. If that’s what it takes, I’ll do it,” you nod. “I’ll establish a will first with Akane and Lahela about digging a grave for you just in case, but if you have any other preparation recommendations that’ll actually help me survive, I’m all ears.”

“S-Scary,” Kisuke raises his hands up. “You should be fine as you are. You just need to focus your mind like a blade, it’s that simple!”

“Right. Simple. Got it. Lahela…”

You find a piece of paper and start writing down your instructions on what exactly to do to this man in case you don’t return in one piece. Kisuke does his best to try to persuade you that it’s unnecessary, to no avail.

“It’ll take a few days to charge it up with your reiryoku, I assume you don’t want to squeeze every ounce of it while on duty, hmm?”

“True enough. So how do we start?”

Kisuke, as if drawing from hammer-space, brings out something like an actual balloon. Though upon closer inspection, it’s a black sphere, with three lines going across it and connecting to black circular shapes. He hands it over to you nonchalantly, and you find it to be much heavier than it looks.

“The procedure is simple! Push reiryoku into the device, just like you draw onto it to form kidō. You’ll have to brake a bit at the start, the device will try to equalize with you, that is, try to take half of your reiryoku. But after that threshold, you’ll be going up against a cliff. The more you put in there, the more it’ll resist.”

“Got it. How much do I put in?” you ask.

“As much as you can without caving in,” Kisuke explains in a more serious tone now. “If you let it all rush back into you after charging it, it’ll… well, I’m sure that won’t happen, haha!”

“Kisuke…”

“Anyway! Charging it up with half your reiryoku should be a good pace, don’t you think?”

You sigh and look at the spherical device. You could do as he says, but technically… it’s in your hands, right?

>Half is good. That should be enough to go through each day.
>Put less. If something happens, you won’t be as weakened.
>Put more. The faster you charge it, the less time you’re vulnerable.
>Other?

Also
>Roll 3d10, Bo3, Mental (8) may replace lowest die.
The DC depends on the option chosen, which I have written down in advance, but I will only show afterwards. If an other option is chosen, I’ll do my best to make a fair DC for it.
>>
Rolled 5, 8, 10 = 23 (3d10)

>>4850152
Monster energy trap
>>
Rolled 9, 10, 6 = 25 (3d10)

>>4850152
So it's also going to be pushing reiryoku back at us?
>>
Rolled 3, 8, 2 = 13 (3d10)

>>4850152
>>Put more. The faster you charge it, the less time you’re vulnerable.
>>
Rolled 3, 10, 3 = 16 (3d10)

>>4850152
Going all in baby
>>
>>4850152
Why not?

I'm not sure where the balloon comparison really comes from yet. Is the end goal going to be that we do try to absorb all of this again (like Kisuke suggests would be bad right now), or is this the equivalent of a training weight for reiryoku?
>>
>>4850152
>>
>>4850152
>>
Rolled 7, 6, 9 = 22 (3d10)

>>4850152
>>4851153
>>
>>4850164
>23(26)
>>4850201
>25(27)
>>4850223
>13(19)

The DC's were 17/21/25 for less/half/more. Jesus christ you passed the highest one twice.

I will start writing, but the update will likely come tomorrow midday or so. I can practically feel my eyes going cross and me falling asleep any minute now, so just a headsup!

>>4850263
Another analogue would be a pump attached to a balloon. You pump it, and the balloon expands. If you push all the air in the balloon back into the pump...
>>
>>4851853
>disgusting qm writing trap inflation on qst
>>
File: Lahela 2.jpg (304 KB, 2550x2550)
304 KB
304 KB .jpg
“Half, huh?” you think out loud and furrow your brows. No, that won’t do at all. This is your chance to get properly stronger, to get the raw energy that separates you from the bigger players right now. If you can get that, then with your existing skills you can go far beyond the limits you’re shackled to right now.

>https://audius.co/qmtrippy/18-battle-ignition-93787

You start drawing on your reiryoku reserves, and the sphere partially expands, with the three lines lighting up in a white color. Your aura flares and a gust of wind passes over Hat’n’Clogs. That’s when you feel like you’re sitting in a tram that suddenly accelerates, as you feel the sphere suck in your reiryoku. You resist it enough that it doesn’t become painful, but after it equalizes, you start pushing in more. At that point it’s a game of you resisting push instead of pull.

“My, he’s going beyond,” Kisuke half-grins behind his fan, while Lahela watches you intently.

“Koharu’ss going to be alrightss, right?”

“Oh I have a feeling he’s going to be more than alright, with a resolution as sharp as that.”

Lahela blinks as she glances at Kisuke, then back at you.

“You must admire Koharu a lot.”

“Yess,” Lahela admits without any problem.

“A hollow admiring a shinigami, now that’s not something you see every day.”

“Koharu iss Koharu. Koharu iss important to me. That’ss all that matterss.”

Kisuke’s eyebrow raises for a split second, before he focuses on you again. “Once you’re done, stop all the reiryoku flow in you!”

The resistance from putting more reiryoku into the sphere than what is at balance increases surprisingly fast, but you do put about two thirds in it, before stopping the flow. The sphere’s three sections nudge inwards slightly again, until the light barely escapes from the lines, and instead glow in the circles on each side of the device.

“That gotta do it”

>1/4
>>
File: reiatsu2.jpg (6 KB, 299x169)
6 KB
6 KB .jpg
Over the next few days, you push in more and more reiryoku into the sphere, despite the strain and pain you experience. The more you add, the more it feels like you would be in the presence of a captain exerting his full reiatsu, forcing you to your knees. But each time you persevere, you do not give in, and push back. Kisuke even explains that this will in the long run help you resist the effects of reiatsu of stronger opponents.

Akane joins in as well on the second day, looking both messy and suspiciously relaxed. She refuses to elaborate further on that, but you can see the obvious blush she’s hiding. Akane doesn’t even let you pry the info out as she grabs Lahela and drags her off for sparring. How nice that they’re getting along despite a rough first impression. She does later confront you with anger about this insane reiryoku increase project and your will, but you do manage to calm her down. You do get her vow to fulfill it in case things do go wrong.

You eat a lot. Depleting your reiryoku by two thirds each time makes you really hungry, and the food helps you regenerate what you’ve lost faster. Bowls keep piling up and poor Jun has to wash them all the time. You do offer to help a few times, but he insists that you just focus on your own thing.

Beside working with the device, you learn more about the intricacies of kidō, and especially how its power is allocated into each spell. Fighting against the pull and mostly push of the device helps you figure out how to upscale the spells better, turning low-level kidō into stronger versions much like what you’ve seen Aizen do.

The city is quiet and calm, and the occasional hollow is nothing you can’t handle. It’s actually kind of boring now, you imagined more action based on the reports you’ve read and how the academy taught about assignments. Maybe it was all a ruse, a way to get fresh shinigami excited.

What a wicked thing to do.

>2/4
>>
File: Urahara Kisuke 1.jpg (17 KB, 480x360)
17 KB
17 KB .jpg
On the third day, you hit the limit where you can’t push any more into the device, the resistance being too much on both parts. You stop the connection, and drop on your knees, with heavy breathing and coughing.

“My, aren’t you in a rush,” Kisuke says as he twirls his cane and fixes his hat. “I’m impressed!”

“This better be worth it,” you lie down onto the ground.

“Considering you’ve put six thirds in that thing, you’re looking at a 200% increase in reiryoku! We’re looking at triple the amount you’ve had before here.”

“Triple, huh? That’s nice.”

“Well, theoretically triple,” Kisuke leans onto his cane as he looks down at you. “Some of it might leak and go to waste. This also depends on how well you will handle the process.”

“Lahela and Akane have my will. Hope you can handle it,” you shrug.

“Y-You’re still serious about that?” Kisuke slumps down a bit.

But your mind already drifts away, time passes by again, and you’re on the fourth and final day of this ridiculous plan.

>3/4
>>
File: innerspirits.jpg (759 KB, 1012x998)
759 KB
759 KB .jpg
With the heavy device on the floor in front of your legs, you make your final mental preparations. Within your inner world, Celaris and Zilya both approach you at the same time, showing their support in their own weird manners. Then you realize what it really is about.

“So what’cha gonna do with all that power, Koharu? It’s gonna be real hard to handle all of that alone,” Zilya speaks in that seductive but also aggressive way. “Channel a part of it to me, my power is your power afterall, I will be able to give you so much more.”

“Don’t be too tempted by the spider whore,” Celaris sighs. “Giving either of us power like that is dangerous, you’d be specifically giving the part of you that is us more power, at our command. But… she is right. We can help you take it in.”

“I should’ve known you didn’t call me here just to support me,” you pinch your nose. “I sincerely hope other shinigami don’t have to bargain with their inner spirits.”

“We ain’t no zanpakutō spirits, Koharu, tough luck. So, what’s it gonna be?”

>4/4

>Do it alone. It’s your power and yours alone.
>Let Zilya help with it.
>Let Celaris help with it.
>Let both help with it.
>Other?
>>
File: astolfosurprised.jpg (15 KB, 235x230)
15 KB
15 KB .jpg
Yeah I pretty much fell asleep right after I posted yesterday, and got out of bed way past midday. At least hopefully my brain has recharged.

>>4851928
Shit, I've been exposed!
>>
>>4853339
>Let Zilya, Celaris, and Naimen No Daiza help with it.
Shouldn't all our aspects get an equal division?
>>
>>4853349
Supporting
>>
>>4853349
>>Let both help with it.
Supporting
>>
>>4853339
Supporting >>4853349
>>
>>4853349
>>4853369
>>4853373
>>4853401
This can be done, but you'll need to figure out a way how to do it. Celaris and Zilya have sentience and can help you out with this, but how will you fit Naimen no Daiza into this picture? How will you get part of the reiryoku into it?
>>
>>4853405
I was envisioning Koharu holding Celaris and Zilya's hands while they held onto Naimen no Daiza, so the reiryoku would flow from us through them into it.
Is this unfeasible?
>>
>>4853405
Hmmm Naimen no Daiza is a water fountain right? Can we “fill” it with our Reiryoku and have the others take a drink?
>>
>>4853590
+1
>>
>>4853405
Either >>4853590
or try and fill the “chamber” that Zilya and Celaris go into when we use them as shikai releases. If we really want to get spicy, we could see if Naimen no Daiza could accept both of them into our shikai release by using some of the extra power? It may be able to use some reiryoku to accomplish that.

Maybe even phrase it as a challenge for them: I’m going to lock power in Naimen no Daiza and keep you two out of it while it absorbs the reiryoku. If you want any power, you’ll need to work together to force your way in since I’m going to fight to keep you out using some power I keep for myself. Have fun being creative, numbers are the only advantage you’ll have.
>>
File: 1493485487911.gif (598 KB, 320x240)
598 KB
598 KB .gif
>>4853455
>>4853590
>>4853664
>>4853767

These are all good ideas that can be integrated to some degree. The main thing here is that you have a huge amount of energy to channel, and it requires mental capacity to do that. Divvying it between Zil and Cel already alleviates it. Technically Naimen no Daiza is a zanpakuto spirit, meaning its power is closely tied to your power, but putting a chunk of it specifically for it might do something interesting. Right now that would mean you'd be trying to focus on two tasks instead of one, which will make things harder, unless you figure out a way around that.

In any case, it's time to roll, it's the same regardless of the choice, but the tallying up and some extra effects will depend on it.

>Roll 3d10, six instances, Mental (8) may replace lowest die.
>DC ramps up: 12, 15, 18, 21, 24, 27
>The lowest matching roll will be used for each DC
>Passes measure how many thirds you successfully absorb
>Any leftover power (failed DC's) will cause something wonky
>Consensus is that Celaris and Zilya get to help, they will grant a +3 bonus to help one roll pass each in a way that maximizes passes. This also means that the power will be specifically attached to them, and only usable through them.
>Depending what you decide with Naimen no Daiza, it may give you a penalty or a bonus. I won't reveal this until you have a consensus on what you wish to do.
>>
Rolled 1, 9, 7 = 17 (3d10)

>>4853938
Time to die.

Also welcome back trippy.
>>
Rolled 6, 5, 1 = 12 (3d10)

>>4853938
I'm terrified now
>>
Rolled 7, 3, 4 = 14 (3d10)

>>4853938
Well this looks rather complicated now. I'll just roll and see what happens
>>
Rolled 2, 2, 2 = 6 (3d10)

>>4853938
>>
Rolled 3, 7, 1 = 11 (3d10)

>>4853938
Need to remember how to do dice again...

Maybe have Zilya and Celaris do some lifting for Naimen no Daiza by having them in the released state? It'd mean they'd be taking in the reiryoku through NoD, so it should drink some in along the way.

Not sure if they can handle the switch between shikai states themselves or if we *need* to call them specifically. It'd probably cut the amount they benefit, but it may also flavor NoD with some of their abilities, giving an incentive for both to participate that way. Neither would like the idea of NoD being tilted to favor the other when it's meant to be the impartial mediator.
>>
>>4854018
Scratch that. Leave Zilya and Celaris out of NoD, use it as another buffer for holding energy by itself. It's meant to contain and channel the energy of Zilya and Celaris as-is, it should be able to withstand the pressure while we focus on absorbing the rest. If it happens to pick up some additional effects, great. If not, it'll at least hold the reiryoku and give us time to absorb the rest.
>>
Rolled 3, 10, 2 = 15 (3d10)

>>4853938
>>
>>4853942
>>4853955
>>4853972
>>4854015
>>4854018
>>4854038
Looks like NoD matters. Zilya and Celaris can cover the two highest DCs and we exceed most of the others naturally, but we're two short of the 21 with a 19.

So, thoughts on NoD? It'll be the difference between 0-2 failures depending on if it helps or hinders our concentration and on which roll. Or maybe penalizes one roll for benefiting another.
>>
File: absolutelyhalal.jpg (46 KB, 640x539)
46 KB
46 KB .jpg
>>4853942
>17(24)
>>4853955
>12(19)
>>4853972
>14(19)
>>4854015
>6(12)
>>4854018
>11(18)
>>4854038
>15(21)

So we're reading (in ascending order) an array of:
>12, 18, 19, 19, 21, 24
These are pretty damn good rolls. Even lucky that the lowest just gets to 12. Adding Cel's and Zil's bonuses, you're looking at:
>12 (DC 12)
>18 (DC 15)
>19 (DC 18)
>22 (DC 21) (Upped)
>24 (DC 24) (Upped)
>24 (DC 27)
Which will give you a pass on 5 out of 6.

So what can happen from here depends on what you do with Naimen no Daiza. You will get the necessary +3 if the idea will benefit the overall process. If it makes it harder instead, you'll take an extra fail. In both cases, you'll be able to upgrade Naimen no Daiza in some way.

Or you can just take the five outta six.

I'll check tomorrow for a consensus!
>>
>>4854106
I'll put my vote towards supporting the idea
>>
>>4854018
>>4854033
Perhaps we go with the initial idea of channeling through NoD but towards the end of the energy Zilya and Celaris stop the energy from entering themselves, acting as stoppers while we fill. It would be like clogging a pipe.
>>
>>4854106
>I don't have any ideas so my vote is to take the five successes
>>
>>4854106
>>4854285
+1
>>
>>4854285
Also yes I am aware I'm suggesting we triple team our sword to fill it with our essence
>>
File: astolfodisgusted2.jpg (569 KB, 1592x1517)
569 KB
569 KB .jpg
Rolled 81 (1d100)

So if I'm reading correctly, the loose consensus is to channel some of the reiryoku into Naimen no Daiza, with the help of Cel and Zil once they've had heir fill. This is good enough that you won't take an extra fail, but unfortunately does divide the focus of all three minds that it won't give you the bonus you need.

But you do get the extra NoD upgrade!

>Writing
>Also rolling for the one failed bit
>>
“You’ll both help. And you’ll do so equally,” you stay sternly. “If I feel either of you trying to overpower each other, I’ll just stop resisting and kill us all. Got it?”

For the first time, you genuinely see both of them kind of shocked, but they recover semi quickly. Zilya just turns her head away in that stuck up bitch style, while Celaris just closes his eyes and nods. “Then that’s how it is.”

“I want to try and put a part of it into Naimen no Daiza as well,” you explain, “since it can’t exactly do anything on its own.”

“You’re just asking for a fuckup like that,” Zilya sighs very audibly. “It’s better if you focus on just one thing.”

“I know, but hear me out: Once we’ve taken enough, I’ll switch to pushing it into Naimen no Daiza, and so will both of you. The whole point of that zanpakutō is to store reiryoku, right? Before I thought it just attuned to reiatsu, but no, it actually does take power in. So we push it to the brim.”

“You might break it,” Celaris states calmly.

“Then it’s our job to make sure it doesn’t,” you cross your arms.

Once all three of you are on the same page on what to do, you open your eyes and nod to Urahara. “I’m ready.”

Both Akane and Lahela decide to watch you and in that way to support you in your endeavor, even Jun comes down to take a look.

Kisuke walks over and stands in front of you while you pick up the device quite carefully, feeling the stored power inside. It’s quite interesting, as technically what’s inside is ‘you’ but still just raw power.

“The start is going to be the most painful,” Kisuke explains, “when the reiryoku pushes the most against you. After that, I will apply my own reiryoku to push. While the flow will be slower, you’ll be treading along your breaking point. The moment you feel your limit, disengage immediately.”

You swallow hard and nod. “Well, let’s go.”

>1/2
>>
File: reiatsu3.gif (2520 KB, 540x372)
2520 KB
2520 KB .gif
>https://audius.co/qmtrippy/21-number-onevocal-ver.-93790

You form that connection with the device and brace yourself with all your mind and capacity, and you can feel both Celaris and Zilya at the back of your head, readying to work with you. The device expands just slightly again, and the bright light coming from the slightly exposed core almost catches you off guard. This could have been very unfortunate, as the rush of reiryoku hits you like an electric shock, setting your nervous system on fire.

You focus your breath to be steady, and you along with Cel and Zil start to take in your very own reiryoku. Absurdly, now you understand why Urahara uses the balloon metaphor for this: it feels like your insides are trying to expand and explode out of your body, and the pain is intense.

The surroundings start to break and collapse under the reiatsu you begin exerting, and the air begins flowing in a vortex around you. While the color of your aura is translucent and white at first, green and purple seeps in, flowing counter to each other around you.

Lahela begins trembling as she feels this, remembering Zilya’s presence extremely well.

“Y-You alright there?” Akane asks as she puts a hand on Lahela’s shoulder. She doesn’t respond, and instead grabs hold onto that hand, but does not stop looking in your direction.

Kisuke meanwhile nods approvingly, and puts a finger on the opposite end of the sphere, and pushes his own reiryoku. As he does so, his own reiatsu flares wildly behind him.

But you do not see nor sense this, as all of your focus is set on the task of keeping yourself from exploding. As the pain almost becomes unbearable, you switch to channeling the reiryoku into Naimen no Daiza, and so do your two spiritual tenants. Naimen no Daiza releases on its own and its chamber begins filling up, until it starts overflowing. You try to stop it, and for a moment succeed, but then… you feel your back rupture and explode.

A bright flash of white light evelops you, starting from Naimen no Daiza, and reiryoku shoots out like jets of steam out of long cracks on your back. Both Akane and Lahela scream your name, and Kisuke immediately kicks the sphere into the air, where it promptly explodes.

Distant screams of your name are the last thing you remember. Akane, Lahela, Cel and Zil… some other voice too? You don’t know.

>2/2
>>
And that’s it for this part folks. On Monday we’ll start with part b, but you’ll get an extra omake of what happens between now and when you wake up. I’ll just say that Urahara, Akane and Lahela all will have to try and contain you.

If you got any other omakes ideas or questions to me (or characters) now is a good time. Character sheet and social link updates I think I’ll do after the next part, once you get to experience the changes in character.

I hope you’ve enjoyed it, I certainly did, and the daily update pace really works well for me. I feel like it also allows you guys to feel out write-ins quite well too.
>>
>>4854832
Oh dear, this is not how I was expecting our back to be blown out but here we are.
So a question for you and our friends back in the Spiritual World. First, how do you feel with your switch to daily updates vs the old session style? As for our friends, how do they feel Koharu has changed them over the year(s?)?
And can I please get an Omake or even just a simple confirmation that we didn't blow Lizzy up during this whole ordeal?
>>
File: Besties.jpg (167 KB, 668x331)
167 KB
167 KB .jpg
>>4854918
You can thank that 80+ on the roll. Any lower, and it wouldn't have been THAT bad, but you do get to see something interesting because of it! It'll leave a mark though.

>How do you feel with your switch to daily updates vs the old session style?
To be honest, I feel quite relieved. While I do love sessions and the intensity that comes with it, it did leave me somewhat exhausted and feeling bad whenever I didn't reach the amount of updates I wanted. This way I can pace myself much better and give me time to think and write. One thing with sessions is that the in-between time is hard to use (at least for me), I constantly found myself unable to focus on anything else, so that time usually went without proper use. This way I can make an update, sleep, make another update or call for a roll, go about my day, and then make the update.

>As for our friends, how do they feel Koharu has changed them over the year(s)?
Chie-chan: "He's become more... serious. Back in high school, he moved only when he had to, and mostly read various manga or talked with us. Now Koharu is out doing all kind of strange stuff I don't even understand! It's also kinda creepy how it feels like he knows everything that I'm doing when I'm near him."
Akane: "A fuck-ton more stronger, that's how he's changed. The Koharu I knew would have still relied on me for muscle, but now he handles most problems himself. Makes me just a bit bitter, y'know? But, I guess I'll have to find new ways to support him! He's definitely grown cheekier, and dare I say mature?"

>Lizzy
The omake I have in mind will feature Lizzy, no worries! Fuck, why do I keep forgetting to write parts for her, I need a bloody checklist
>>
>>4855015
Do I even want to know what a theoretical 100 would have done to us?
>>
>>4855015
>It'll leave a mark though.

OUR SMOOTH TRAP SKIN HAS BEEN MARRED.
>>
>>4855208
We can make up a story for the horrible back scars.

We have to really, "being a dumbass" isnt gonna get Koharu any pussy. Probably wont hurt his dick chances though.
>>
>>4855240
"Oh, this scar? I got it while trying to triple my reiryoku over the span of a couple minutes."
"Yeah, it'd work again."
"Look, if this is what it could do to me when I was that weak, I'd probably kill you and anyone else who happened to be watching the second time."
"No, I'd just have another bitching ass scar. Now quit pestering me."
>>
>>4855035
Oh dear. A theoretical 100 would've fried your nervous system and made it hard to control reiryoku and thus kido. Healable, but it'd put a thorn to that skillset.

>>4855208
>>4855240
>>4855333
Kek. Perhaps it can be covered by a tattoo if you wish, or kept as it is. If you find anything interesting I can try and photoshop it onto this pic somehow. Or if you wanna have a go at it, go ahead!
>>
>>4856583
Whlle my google-fu has always been weak related to images (and most things I'm seeing aren't easily shopped), a tattoo representing a dual male/female god would go swimmingly with our lie that our spirit is both male and female. It'd also represent our trapness.

It appears that Inari Okami is of ambiguous gender, so if someone can find something cool related to them then we're set.
>>
>>4856583
Ah shit should we get a Yak tat?
What would it even be?
>>
File: danku.jpg (41 KB, 1280x720)
41 KB
41 KB .jpg
OMAKE: Losing Control

“KOHARU!”
“KOHARU!”

Akane and Lahela both shout as they start to rush towards you, but Kisuke swiftly gets in front of them, his zanpakutō drawn.

“What are you doing?!” Akane demands.

“Keeping you safe,” he says, and that’s when the bright white light subsides, and instead, green and purple ooze starts to flow out of your back, and your form begins to shift radically.

“W-What’ss happening?” Lahela says as her body begins to tremble. This reiatsu, she knows it very well, despite there being another one mixed in.

Urahara doesn’t answer, and instead conjures up some protection. “Bakudō #81: Dankū”

And in good time, as a violent explosion erupts from you, and shatters it a second after the group’s surroundings incinerate. As dust settles down, they hear a loud shriek that threatens to destroy the girls’ ears.

Calling what they see before them terrifying is quite an understatement.

>1/6
>>
File: ceroexplosion.jpg (58 KB, 1440x900)
58 KB
58 KB .jpg
Monstrous limbs and body, white as bone but covered with blackened fur.

Four long, purple-tipped black spider limbs growing out of the back, with a large spider abdomen extending from where the spine would end.

The head is hidden behind a crown-helm with large stag horns and eight spider eyes: two large green, and six smaller purple. A monstrous jaw extends from the head, with an amalgamation of animal teeth and insectuous mandibles. Long, wild black hair extends from the back, flowing in the air.

And at the center of the chest, embedded into it, a block of wood with a kanji Kisuke knows very well.

封. Seal.

The horns of the beast erupt in green fire at the tips, and the sudden burst of reiatsu is more than enough to force Akane and Lahela to their knees and choke on the air.

“Fascinating. It’s full of conflict… just what kind of being are you, truly?” Kisuke whispers, as he extends his blade now forwards. “Awaken, Benihime.”

In a simple, quick transformation in red light, his cane turns into a beautiful, sleek sword. For a moment, there’s a standstill, with nothing happening, but then the beast screams once more. At its maw, a huge amount of reiryoku is channeled into a dense, purple light.

“Cero, huh,” Kisuke curses. “Jun, keep the girls safe!”

“G-Gotcha, owner!” he says with fake confidence, and grabs the two. He shudders very badly for a moment as he feels something crawl up his arm, and screams loudly. “L-LIZARD! HOLLOW!”

Unfortunately, this loud noise is enough to have the beast focus on him, and a huge beam of destruction is unleashed in his general direction. Fortunately, Jun manages to escape, and Kisuke is already on his way to move closer to this monstrosity. A few sweat droplets form on Kisuke’s forehead as he quickly glances at the damage done: A deep crevice now extends through the underground training area.

>2/6
>>
File: SajoSabaku.jpg (11 KB, 480x360)
11 KB
11 KB .jpg
“Good thing I closed that portal to Hueco Mundo, huh! Kamisori, Benihime!” Urahara declares, and swings his zanpakutō in an arc just as he reaches almost point-blank range. The arc of red energy connects with the beast’s chest, and it starts bleeding… but quickly stops as liquid bone-stuff clogs it and hardens.

“Extreme hollow regeneration too?” Kisuke raises his eyebrow while he avoids an onslaught of the spider limbs attacking from behind the beast. One hit however he has to block instead of dodge, sending him tumbling across the ground. It’s at that moment that he realizes he messed up.

The beast howls again, and from the tips of each spider limb, more of those ceros start shooting out. Weaker, but much faster, and despite Kisuke trying his best to dodge them, they home in on him. Even those that pass by at last-millisecond dodges, come around from behind, forcing him to block them with kidō, or force them to collide with the ground. Quite a few however, do end up hitting and bloodying him.

“Sheesh, okay, I’ll pull out the big guns too then! Bakudō #81: Dankū, Bakudō #63: Sajō Sabaku!”

The same shield once again forms, strong enough to tank quite a few of those smaller ceros before shattering, but giving enough time form the intense, yellow energy rope and wrap it around the beast’s torso and back limbs. The beast resists it with formidable physical power alone, ripping it apart rather quickly. It however gives Kisuke once again, the time to fulfill his plan.

>3/6
>>
File: Kin.gif (6410 KB, 190x108)
6410 KB
6410 KB .gif
“Chikasumi no Tate!” Kisuke plunges his sword into the ground once he finishes flash stepping away from the remaining homing ceros, and brings about hexagonal shields around him, before clasping his hands together, with the fingers intertwined intricately.

“Bakudō #99, Part 1: Kin!”

Just as the yellow energy rope snaps and disperses, the beast’s monstrous arms bind to its back, and black fabric envelops them with iron shafts pinning it tight. This continues even onto the ground, forcing the beast on its belly, as the fabric continues to extend in a cross shape, with more and more iron shafts pinning it to the ground. Kisuke proceeds to put his hands onto the ground.

“Bakudō #99, Part 2: Bankin! Prologue - Halting Wraps!”

White fabric erupts from in front of his position and wraps tightly all around the beast’s body, in an attempt to suffocate it.

“Refrain - Serial Hundred Bolts!”

A thousand metal bolts form and impale the beast from all sides, provoking another intense, ear-splitting shriek.

“Finale - Fully Prohibited Great Seal!”

A large block of metal with the kanji “卍” engraved on it solidifies in the air and drops heavily onto the beast, and makes the beast release a yelp this time.

“D-Did you get it?” Jun asks as he appears beside Kisuke with the girls, who have now somewhat recovered from the shock and intense reiatsu. Kisuke’s gaze however looks VERY murderous at that question, and right after, every one of them feels a painful headache.

>4/6
>>
File: -17Generic_Hollows.png (91 KB, 250x215)
91 KB
91 KB .png
Multiple garganta rip open right in the training area itself, and hollows begin flooding in, with small purple fires in their eye sockets of the masks.

“Akane, Lahela, go to Koharu!” Kisuke shouts as he fires multiple arcs of red energy from his blade, and keeps shielding the group from the hollows with those hexagonal barriers. “Jun, keep these at bay!”

“W-What are we supposed to do?!”

“Reach out to him. He’s your friend, only you can calm him down. Me and Jun will keep you safe!”

Swallowing hard, Akane, Lahela and Lizzy, safe in the hair bunker on Lahela, rush towards the humongous monstrous body, in which Koharu is supposed to be.

Little did the two girls know what struggle Lizzy is going through as well, with the beast’s Hanran urging her to kill.

They reach the beast’s head. Akane and Lahela put their hands on the head through the partially ripped white fabric, and Lizzy crawls up onto the head.

“Koharu! Calm down!” Akane shouts, flaring her own reiatsu, and tears forming in her eyes.

“Koharu! You’re ssafe!” Lahela shouts as well, trying her best too with reiatsu.

“PLEASE COME BACK!”
“PLEASE COME BACK!”

>5/6
>>
File: soulcore.jpg (35 KB, 1280x714)
35 KB
35 KB .jpg
Abyss. Complete lack of any stimulation. No… there’s some feelings about.

Did you die? Are you now in the proper afterlife? No, something’s not right.

You feel two presences. Both afraid and angry, both hurting each other and… the outside world?

Slowly, you float towards them, as a simple presence, and the fighting ceases.

“Koharu..?!” you hear Zilya’s voice.

“Koharu..!” you hear Celaris’ voice.

“KOHARU!”
“KOHARU!” you hear… Akane and Lahela?

You still have a hard time forming proper thoughts… maybe you should just go back to sleep. Maybe it’s for the best… but then you do decide to find whatever energy you have and answer.

“Zilya…?” you say, and you feel her presence light up, forming a connection. “Celaris?” you continue, and his presence joins you as well, and the darkness starts to slowly turn into a mix of dark and stale colors.

“Akane, Lahela!” and you can feel their presence as well, and you can start making out the sky, the water below, and the shape of your body. But there’s one that in the end brings you back, when you feel like something is licking your face.

“L-Lizzy!”

A bright white light, and you feel yourself waking up...

>6/6
>>
File: pekora_dangerous.png (274 KB, 608x608)
274 KB
274 KB .png
Koharu can turn into a chimera abomination? Yikes.
>>
>Koharu turned into a Hollow/whatever Celaris actually is hybrid and started summoning an army of Hanran'd Hollows
This NnD upgrade better be spicy. Also >>4854831
>Distant screams of your name are the last thing you remember. Akane, Lahela, Cel and Zil… some other voice too? You don’t know.
I wonder who this other voice is
>>
>Koharu can actually be described as the monster energy trap in-universe now
Wild
>>
>>4857003
Maybe it was Lizzy
>>
>>4857003
Perhaps our sword?
>>
File: Thread010b.jpg (806 KB, 1000x700)
806 KB
806 KB .jpg
The white light blinds you, but slowly you start discerning details of your surroundings. The ceiling. Two faces. The smell of wood and tea. The feeling of a blanket over your body.

And then darkness, as something crawls on your face and starts licking it.

“L-Lizzy?” you whisper, and the two people beside you instantly turn their attention to you.

“KOHARU!”
“KOHARU!” they both shout at the same time.

“O-Ow, not.. so loud,” you say as you move your head, in an attempt to get Lizzy just enough off of your face to not inconvenience looking around and breathing.

“S-Sorry. Jeez, you had us scared there..!” Akane says with an extreme sigh of relief.

“Koharu sscary when like that, glad to ssee you back!” Lahela tells you energetically. You twitch your fingers, and find both of your hands occupied. They’re gently held by these two.

“I feel like I got hit by a truck,” you groan.

“Well.... you could say that,” Akane says and scratches the back of her head awkwardly. Meanwhile, Jun brings you a cup of green tea, and helps you drink it. “Good to see you’re all in one piece. You had us worried!”

“Yeah, about that,” you say as you try to shift yourself a bit upright. Sure you feel sore, but you’re not THAT bad. That is, until you move yourself up and lean against the pillow, and feel a LOT of pain coming from your back. The girls and Jun of course help you as soon as they see you wince.

“S-Shit, that doesn’t feel good,” you sigh. “So I guess I didn’t manage to contain it properly afterall. I assume I fainted, you healed me, and now I’m here after a good night’s sleep?”

Akane, Lahela, and Jun all awkwardly look at each other.

“...Right?” you ask hopefully, but slowly comprehend the situation.

“Koharu, it’s… you were out cold for eight days,” Akane explains.

You tilt your head, one can almost hear the cogs turn inside.

“WHAT?!”

>1/2
>>
File: Shoji Akane 5.jpg (39 KB, 480x779)
39 KB
39 KB .jpg
The three of them retell you the events that happened right after your back ruptured, and of the monstrosity that you became. Of the devastation that you brought upon the underground training area, of the controlled hollows you summoned, and how you forced Urahara’s hand.

“He wass incredible,” Lahela nods. “Like no sshinigami I’ve ever sseen.”

You’re still trying to understand what you’ve been just told, and feel as if something was lodged in your throat.

“Did.. did I hurt you?” you ask, your eyes close. “Don’t lie.”

“You didn’t. Kisuke repelled the big beam of destruction that you sent our way,” Akane reassures you.

“That means I tried to hurt you,” you reopen your eyes, and grip your hands together. For the first time in very long, you go through strong feelings of anger, regret, and even shame. You had gotten carried away. Why didn’t you think of their safety? Hell, what if you had managed to actually hurt them?

You stop your train of thought there, just as Akane snaps her fingers in front of you.

“Hey, stop that. That doesn’t fit you at all, Koharu,” she says with a frown. “Look, we’re fine, now you’re fine, everything’s fine. So stop worrying about the past, okay?”

“R-Right,” you sigh. “Where’s Urahara?”

“He left for business in Naruki,” Jun responds. “He told me to relay you a message too, once you’re awake.”

Left, huh? So much for that training.

“Once you return with Shinji-san from Hueco Mundo, he’ll teach you the kidō you asked him about,” Jun nods.

“Jeez, that guy,” you sigh, but then notice a change in Akane’s expression.

“You’re going… to THAT place?! And you didn’t tell me?!” Akane raises her voice.

You lean back against the wall and sigh. “Look, I didn’t have the time, nor did I want to bother you with it.”

“Nonsense, we’re besties,” she says and gives you a light flick on your forehead. “That means I’m coming with you.”

...What?

>2/2

>”Absolutely NOT. Besides, I need you here to deal with the safety of Osaka while I’m away.”
>”Not like I can dissuade you now. Just figure out how that’d work, since you still have a human body.”
>”We’re not having this conversation right now, not right after I returned from a near-death experience and almost hurting you.”
>Other?
>>
>>4858491
>”Absolutely NOT. Besides, I need you here to deal with the safety of Osaka while I’m away.”
Besides if she goes too Chie will be all alone, and we can't have that.
>>
>>4858491
>>”Absolutely NOT. Besides, I need you here to deal with the safety of Osaka while I’m away.”
>>
If the quincies are still around couldn't we ask them to double the guard while we're "dealing with a missing persons case"
>>4858491
>Other?
>We can't leave the town totally unguarded. Kisuke isn't around anymore (for what good he might have been in the first place), so we'd need to find someone reliable to keep watch while we're gone. Since you've been here have you encountered a friendly old fellow in a white uniform who uses a bow to fight hollows [or however Koharu would remember him it's been a while since I read that part]? He's what's called a quincy and if we can have him or his friends in the loop it might just work to take you with us.
Maybe we can trade information or do Soken a favor while we're at it.
>>
>>4858491
>>”Absolutely NOT. Besides, I need you here to deal with the safety of Osaka while I’m away.”
>>
>>4858491
I’ll back >>4858569 as a more diplomatic way of handling this for now.

Maybe also mention that we do have some concerns to discuss with her later concerning our trip. She’ll need to know we’re not going there to bust skulls in.
>>
>>4858491
> Supporting >>4858569
>>
>>4858497
>>4858505
>>4858569
>>4858679
>>4858865
>>4859537
It's a tie, but I think I can make them work together / blend in a certain way. Let's see how well she will listen.
>Roll 3d10, Bo3, DC 18, crit 24, Social (7) may replace lowest die
She's a good friend and does listen, but she's also stubborn to the boot and doesn't want you to get killed... again.
>>
Rolled 1, 3, 9 = 13 (3d10)

>>4859848
rolling!
>>
Rolled 5, 5, 7 = 17 (3d10)

>>4859848
>>
Rolled 2, 1, 4 = 7 (3d10)

>>4859848
>>
>>4859853
>13(19)
>>4859866
>17(19)
>>4859885
>7(13)

Convinced her enough!
I'll try and write an update today, but I'm feeling pretty shit right now, so that might fall out of the picture. Tomorrow I'm out of the house since morning till semi-late, but I should be able to make an update then.
>>
File: Shoji Akane 4.jpg (66 KB, 564x798)
66 KB
66 KB .jpg
“Absolutely not,” you declare outright.

“Excuse me?” Akane looks directly at you, the most shocked that you’ve ever seen her. “What did you just say?”

“I said no. I need you here, to deal with the safety of Osaka while I’m away.”

“FUCK that! You’re going to a realm full of murderous hollow pieces of shit - no offense, Lahela.”

“None takenss.”

“You’re going THERE and you expect ME to stay HERE?” Akane fumes, while Jun is slowly just sinking into the ground.

You groan and pinch your nose bridge. “We can’t leave the town totally unguarded, especially now that Urahara is away again. I don’t suppose you have any recommendations?”

Akane clenches her fists. “No. But I won’t leave your side this time. I won’t let you die again.”

You try to say something against that, but you feel something stick to your throat. That sentence just stopped you right in your tracks.

“L-Look, I… I really appreciate it,” you say, “but we need to figure out something to protect this place while we’re gone. I don’t want anything similar to our high school to happen.”

Akane sighs and crosses her arms, as she looks elsewhere.

“How about that old man, what did he call himself… quincy? Blue energy bow? Is he still around?”

“Old man Ishida?” Akane turns to look at you. “He was around, but he left a year or so ago I think, for Naruki, along with his protegé.”

“Protegé?” you blink.

“Yeah, some girl. Blonde.”

Now that’s interesting.

>1/2
>>
File: pagodatower.jpg (105 KB, 600x900)
105 KB
105 KB .jpg
You decide to push this conversation for later as it’s not going anywhere you’d like it to go. Instead, you opted out to sleep, but performed jinzen instead to dive deep into the familiar mindscape of yours…

“H-Holy shit!”

You open your eyes to see the familiar pavilion structure having expanded into a large pagoda, and the fountain basin has grown more intricate. The basin itself remains otherwise the same, but it’s a bit larger, with an overflow catcher now surrounding it. Looking to the left and right you find the same torii gates standing atop the lake, but past them you feel like there's something new to be found.

“You’re back,” you hear the familiar voice of Celaris, who approaches from behind you. “You made us quite worried.

“About that… since when is it even possible that I can turn into a chimeric monstrosity?”

“Since you were born,” you now hear Zilya’s voice creeping up right behind your ear. “It’s what happens when the host fails.”

“Zilya is eager to assert dominance and control in such cases,” Celaris sighs. “A beast does as a beast is. Of course, I’m there to stop her.”

“Yeah, yeah, let’s not pretend that you wouldn’t want a body completely for yourself again, she-stag.”

“I’m not pretending I wouldn’t. But I wouldn’t actively try to take over a vulnerable being,” Celaris says sternly.

“Right, enough! What’s done is done, now I want to make sure it doesn’t happen again.”

“Hmph. You know very well how.”

You nod. “Keep strong enough to keep you in check, that’s how.”

>2/2

>”You talked as if such a thing had happened before. Has it?”
>”You got a chunk of power now. Feel any different?”
>”Naimen no Daiza seems to have changed too. Any thoughts?”
>Other?
>>
>>4861930
>Want to take a look inside the new pagoda?
>>
>>4861930
>>”You talked as if such a thing had happened before. Has it?”
>>
>>4861930
>Other?
>Any new voices you’ve been hearing? I could have sworn I heard someone else call for me one right after the pain hit.
>>
>>4861930
>Any new voices you’ve been hearing? I could have sworn I heard someone else call for me one right after the pain hit.
>>
>>4861930
>>4862164
Supporting
>>
>>4861930
>”You talked as if such a thing had happened before. Has it?”
>>
File: astolfowink6.jpg (95 KB, 598x848)
95 KB
95 KB .jpg
>>4861999
>>4862061
>>4862164
>>4862188
>>4862440
>>4863014

A bit of a mix of things, with a focus on the new voice.
>Writing
>>
”You talked as if such a thing had happened before. Has it?”

Zilya and Celaris exchange looks and Cel sigh, beginning to explain. “There was a case when one of your ancestors was out of their body, like you used to do. Almost got killed by a hollow. Whore-spider tried to take advantage of that.”

“You make it sound like I was in the wrong.”

“Nevertheless, I too, stepped in, to keep her from taking power and control. It resulted in the.. thing you turned into as well.”

“How was it dealt with last time?” you ask.

“She-stag’s loverboy came to save the day. Poor guy was so confused,” Zilya laughs in a way that you’d describe as an evil villainess way.

“Regardless,” Cel continues and you can swear you see, very faintly, a vein bulge on his forehead, “the situation was contained, and Takemikazuchi-sama stabilized her soul, and put her back into her body.”

“Sounds like a rough ride,” you sigh and scratch your hair. “Divine intervention saved you last time, huh? Not that easy to come across nowadays.”

“Unlike your ancestor, you are much, much stronger,” Cel reminds you.

You give him a light smile. “Yeah. Though if I understand it correctly, if I get beaten and be on the brink of death, this will happen again regardless of my power.”

“That’s right,” Zil grins. “If you die, we die. And I won’t stand for that.”

“Then you better make sure I don’t die,” you retort, with a stern gaze. “Like it or not, we’re still on the same boat.”

>1/4
>>
You walk over to Naimen no Daiza’s new basin fountain, and watch the calm water surface, as well as its silent, unperturbed flow along the edges onto the overflow catcher.

“If we forget about that near-death experience for now, looks like Kisuke’s device worked. Things are different here.”

“Agreed. I feel more whole, like I regained a big missing chunk of myself,” Celaris agrees.

“I won’t lie, it feels fucking great. I even got a proper cave now, all to myself.”

“Your sides of this place changed? Naimen no Daiza changed too,” you say, as you look upwards. The pagoda structure doesn’t exactly have floors, instead having windows and some sort of stone tablets spaced between them. Wooden ledges go around them offering just enough footing to be able to stand and look around.

“I could have sworn I heard someone else call for me one right after the pain hit,” you whisper as you adore the structure, and then turn to face Cel and Zil again. “Did you hear anything? A different voice?”

“I hope you’re not going crazy, hearing voices and all!”

“Oh hush it, whore spider, he hears our voices already.”

“Please, just answer the question..”

“I’m afraid not, Koharu. The only voices I know are yours, and unfortunately, hers.”

“Oh you love me, stop pretending you don’t,” Zil laughs. “Yeah, ain’t nothing but you and unfortunately him.”

You frown. You could’ve sworn you heard it, but the more you try to remember it, the more the voice eludes you. What did it sound like? You can’t tell.

“Nevermind then. Once I’m back in condition, we’ll try out our changes. I bet you’d like to test out the limits of your new strength.”

“You goddamn right!” Zil grins menacingly. “Oh the things I remember now from my youth.”

“You were never young,” Cel shrugs, which prompts Zil to snap and shout incoherently.

>2/4
>>
File: ancestorstone.png (211 KB, 191x444)
211 KB
211 KB .png
You take some time alone here in your mindscape. Jumping up to the ledges, you take a look at the tablets between the windows, and your eyes widen.

“Tamaki.. Natsuko… mother?”

Walking clockwise, you find more and more names, which you believe to be your ancestor’s names. Those of the Tamaki line, those that died not long after birth, those whose souls never departed to the afterlife, being instead assimilated into their child. Along with Celaris and Zilya.

“I’m the end of the line, huh,” you whisper as you return to your mother’s tablet, and touch it. “At least I won’t die in my twenties.”

What’s the point to all of this? What was the intention? Why keep Cel and Zil imprisoned for centuries? Why condemn a line of women to die and sacrifice their souls?

There’s an ominous feeling that resides in the pagoda, that you can’t place exactly. You shrug it off for now, and return back into the outside world.

>3/4
>>
File: spilldrink.jpg (57 KB, 1280x720)
57 KB
57 KB .jpg
Fortunately, your recovery is quite quick, though your back continues to ache. From the mirror you see that there’s long scars along your whole back, ruining your otherwise soft and dreamy skin. Worst of all, it doesn’t look like it’ll go away anytime soon, if ever.

Akane and Lahela manage to keep the city very much safe together, so you don't have to even concern yourself with your official job. Chie-chan visits you once as well, and you slip into your gigai, doing your best to hide the pain or disguising it as regular back pain.

A letter is sent to Ishida Sōken, asking for his help. You’d just shunpo to Naruki and find him yourself, but both Akane and Lahela sternly forbid you from going off on your own.

That leaves you with a lot of thoughts to handle. How are Emika and Izumi doing? Hell, how is Yukiko? How’s Junichi, and… how’s Hisashi?

“...No, let’s not remember his love confession now, brain please,” you mumble and hit your head against the wall, a cup of tea in your hands.

“When are you going to charm that boy and make him your slave?”

“T-the fu-” you almost spill your tea. “Zil?”

“Yeah, it’s me, bitch. I can finally get through this damned fog.”

“Cel too?” you ask.

“Yes. You don’t have to talk out loud, you know. Just thinking suffices.”

“R-Right,” you put the cup to your mouth and focus your thoughts. “I was thinking about ways to get to Hueco Mundo.”

“Liar,” Zil giggles.

“Shut it. Kisuke’s one way, but he’s away now again, but I could always go to Naruki. Lahela’s also a possibility, but she’s never really traveled in the Garganta if I understand it right.”

“I could open it for you, you know.”

“You- what? SINCE WHEN?”

“Relax. Since I got the juicy reiryoku. I can properly remember it now. Just give me control, and I’ll lead you there all nice and good~”

You got a bad feeling about this. Last time you gave her control, she almost killed Lahela and destroyed a part of Drianni’s forest.

>4/4

>”No thanks, we’ll go with Kisuke. He’s at the very least reliable.”
>”No, I’ll pass. Lahela’s inexperienced, but her heart is in the right place.”
>”I can’t believe myself, but that’s probably the best option of bad ones.”
>Other?
>>
>>4863866
>>”No thanks, we’ll go with Kisuke. He’s at the very least reliable.”
>>
>>4863866
>>”No, I’ll pass. Lahela’s inexperienced, but her heart is in the right place.”
>>
>>4863866
Also I wonder if when we get back if we can get Unohana to at least help us with the back pain.
>>
>>4863866

Just because of how much Zil wants it, lets see if Celaris can help instead. His abilities allow us to home in on things. If we drink in some of Lahrla’s reiatsu, can we help guide her to Hueco Mundo since hollows are there?

I suggest this idea mostly so we can laugh at Zilya. She can only grumble so much, it’s her influence that makes us follow our emotions more than our brain.
>>
>>4863866
>”I can’t believe myself, but that’s probably the best option of bad ones.”
>>
>>4863866
>>
>>4863866
>>
>>4863869
>>4863890
>>4864060
>>4864214
>>4864377
>>4864603
>>4864773
Okay, time to write an upda-
>It's a tie
Guess I'll wait until after sauna. If it's still a tie, I'll flip a coin.
>>
>>4863866
>>
File: astolfolove.jpg (162 KB, 950x950)
162 KB
162 KB .jpg
>>4865056
Righto, and with that
>Writing
>>
File: paperwork3.jpg (42 KB, 512x362)
42 KB
42 KB .jpg
”No, I’ll pass,” you shake your head as you answer Zil. “Lahela’s inexperienced, but her heart is in the right place.”

“Ha! Suit yourself. Don’t blame me when she leads you who knows where.”

“You sound amused,” you narrow your eyes.

“Why wouldn’t I be? There’s so many interesting places you can drop in. Unless you know how to go about in the garganta, it’s easy to get lost,” she says and laughs in your mind. Shit, she really has a way of making you worried for things out of your control.

“Yeah, right. Besides, even if I did let you take the wheel, you’d freak Lahela out. I still haven’t forgotten what you did to her.”

“I made her stronger, I don’t know what you’re complaining about.”

“You- we’ve had this conversation already, let’s move on.”

While recovering, you decide to go through the stack of papers that the weird persona by the title of ‘Jester’ gave you, as part of the deal. To say the least, you don’t manage to get far.

“W-What the hell is this?” you groan, as you go through the list of terms.

“Signee may not wear white socks on the 4th Tuesday of each month. Signee may not break the time-space continuum intentionally. Today I saw a toad on the roadside, it was very fat and grumpy. Oh fuck! Right, this is a contract! Silly me for writing this in, haha!"

You’d expect somebody with the power that you assume this being has, to actually mastermind something, much like you’ve seen Aizen and Urahara do. But this… this is just pure madness.

“Signee may not lick his own elbow. Signee may not stick a hollow through another hollow's hollow hole. Signee may not restore the Soul King’s limbs until the moon is fixed.”

...What? Just… what the hell?

At some point, you just give up and leave it for another day. That wasn’t even one page of a full stack of them.

>1/2
>>
File: Shoji Akane 2.jpg (48 KB, 433x830)
48 KB
48 KB .jpg
Akane and Lahela eventually relent and let you out of the bed. Although you show them the confident and strong side of you, you can’t deny that your back is sore pretty much all the time. It’s like you feel the cracks that are now etched in your soul. You hope that it’ll fade with time, but for now, you have to focus on the task at hand.

Sōken returns a letter addressed to you, in which he details his surprise both at the fact that you are a shinigami now, and that you decided to ask him for help of all people. He mentions that he’ll be able to arrive in two days. Tomoe-chan too sends you a hello, which brings a genuine smile to your face. How that little girl remembered you through all this time is a mystery. But you’re glad she’s all fine.

This still leaves the question of Akane open. She insisted last time you talked about it to come with you, but for that to be even possible, you need to figure out how to deal with her chain of fate. On the other hand, you could use this as a good excuse why she can’t come, with Urahara not around to offer any solutions. Then again, you could ask Jun to see if he can find anything in the shop.

>2/2

>Tell Akane that it’s a no-go, no way to do it without big problems.
>Try and figure something out with Jun and the shop. Surely there’s something.
>Other?
>>
File: astolfohappy5.png (107 KB, 243x317)
107 KB
107 KB .png
A bit of an update on things on my side:

I am leaving to work at a youth camp on Monday for a week. It's mostly night watch duty with some small stuff during the day and a few lessons, but I'll be able to write updates while there. It just means the times will be a bit weird, most likely late at night on my end.
>>
>>4865212
>>
>>4865212
>>Tell Akane that it’s a no-go, no way to do it without big problems.
>>
>>4865212

f for our trap qm, sent to the concentration camp
>>
>>4865212
We have good points to reference, namely the fact that our back exploded when we tried out one of Kisuke’s devices. Jun would no doubt be using one of them to get her out, and we don’t need to be dealing with her soul being unable to rejoin her body or possessing hollows or anything like that. Kisuke’s stuff is always weird and always dangerous.

Besides, another anon brought up Chie as another excuse. Having her one remaining friend from high school pass on to go into a dangerous place with her *already dead* friend is just going to give her more advanced PTSD, and she will have literally no one she can talk about it with unless she’s close to Jun as well.

If she wants to be proactive, she can partner up with Soken. Soken and Tomoe can help her cover territory if she’s out, and they wouldn’t be bad to pair up with if something like that hollow we fought in the tunnels comes up again. That kicked our asses and Lahela’s and she knows we’re no slouches in combat. But that requires trust and coordination, something that has to be earned over time.

If she really, really wants to help us still… maybe tell her to find a good place for hollows like Lahela. That’s not something we can exactly trust a lot of people with, since almost everyone we know would sooner kill her. She could use a person to look out for her that isn’t just us, and we’d feel better if she could get out of the SS if things get hot there for whatever reason since it’s dangerous territory for her in the long run.
>>
>>4865212
>>4865266
F, sent to one in Mordor no less
>>
>>4865212
>>Try and figure something out with Jun and the shop. Surely there’s something.

>>4865216
Enjoy camp! May you have many "camp experiences".
>>
File: astolfochill.jpg (62 KB, 640x899)
62 KB
62 KB .jpg
>>4865232
>>4865244
>>4865266
>>4865312
>>4865320
>>4865822
Making Akane stay wins. And because of that long write-in with very good points, you won't have to roll. Those are exactly the stuff that will push her to stay.
>Writing

>>4865266
>>4865320
>>4865822
Kek, thanks. Fortunately it ain't my first rodeo, I think I've done about 15 camps total up to this point. There's gonna be two more camps after this one this summer, so yay. Most of the youth behave well though and listen to either me or my plushie.

>"camp experiences"
whatdidhemeanbythis.jpg
>>
File: rainscenery.gif (800 KB, 486x640)
800 KB
800 KB .gif
“Akane-san.”

The two of you stand on top of one of the tall buildings of Osaka, as it is just about to begin raining, with some distant rumbling of thunder.

“I really can’t take you with me to Hueco Mundo.”

“I already told you, you don’t have a choice.”

You shake your head. “If it were that simple, I would’ve considered it. But as it stands, you are still a human, with a physical body to which your soul is attached.”

“Urahara’s shop has these gikongan things. There’s no reason why it shouldn’t work on me,” Akane says and crosses her arms, turning to face you completely.

“Yes, but what then? What happens to your chain of fate? Do your powers work outside your physical body? If so, how are they different? You have a huge advantage here over souls because of your body, an advantage you will lose anywhere else.”

Akane grits her teeth and clenches her fists. “Damned if I care. I have to become stronger anyway, and I won’t without going out of my comfort zone.”

You sigh. “I understand your feelings, but think about Chie-chan.”

Akane’s expression immediately softens and perhaps even saddens, as she shifts her gaze towards the rooftop on which you stand.

“It’s already hard enough on her that I am dead, despite being able to visit like this. How do you think she’ll feel, once she realizes you’re gone? And what if you don’t come back?”

Akane grips tightly on her sleeves. “She’d be devastated. Enough to really go through with..”

There’s a lingering pause there, which you don’t like at all.

“Go through with what?” you ask, now turning to look at Akane, with some concern.

“Nevermind. You’re right, I’ll stick here, keep Chie-chan and the city safe. You… you do what you do,” she says and looks out towards the horizon, to the North, where the University of Osaka lies. Raindrops begin to fall, slowly soaking Akane, and passing through you, leaving their reishi counterparts behind on your skin and clothes.

You are about to pressure her, but decide to relent in the end, and enjoy the somber, yet strangely calming scenery.
>>
File: axlotlfairies.jpg (64 KB, 1198x768)
64 KB
64 KB .jpg
I actually think this is a good spot to end part B, we can start the next one with the journey to Hueco Mundo! Hope you enjoyed this bit.

Comments, questions, omake ideas are welcome. I’ll update the character sheet and social links this time, but you still need to find out the new things on your own first.

Next part is gonna be posted on Monday! Either in the morning, or very late at night, or even both even.
>>
>>4866065
>>4866031
Just thought of an omake, a normal day with Koharu and Lizzy
Also two questions
>Koharu
Was this how you imagined being back in the living world would turn out? You concerned with how your galpals have turned out since you died? Also what’s made you most worried so far?
>Trippy
Plushie?
>>
File: plushie.jpg (92 KB, 900x1600)
92 KB
92 KB .jpg
>>4867402
>Just thought of an omake, a normal day with Koharu and Lizzy
Sounds like a good idea. I was in general thinking of starting maybe a series of omakes which give glimpses of Koharu's more daily/normal life in the Seireitei.

>Was this how you imagined being back in the living world would turn out? You concerned with how your galpals have turned out since you died? Also what’s made you most worried so far?
Koharu: Definitely not how I imagined it. I mean, I know it's been three-ish years, but.. I still kind of hoped my physical body would still be waiting for me. As for Akane and Chie, I'm.. slightly concerned. Maybe more for Chie-chan. Akane is strong, both with her stubbornness and spiritual powers. But Chie-chan... she is still not over my 'death'. As for the most worried, I could say the time I saw Lahela hurt when we fought that hollow, or when I felt my back explode. However even those pale in comparison to what Akane just said about Chie-chan.

>Plushie?
Pic related. I always take this one or another plushie to camps. For some reason it works like magic, helps break the ice, bring out their empathy, and they like it when I come to wish them good night with her from door to door.

Also, about what I said:
>you still need to find out the new things on your own first.
The more I thought about it the more I realized it's retarded, Koharu & headpals would've at some point at least tested some stuff out, so what I'm going to do, is that when you get to use the new features, there'll be a short flashback a lá shonen style of when you trained it / checked it out.
>>
File: astolfolove2.jpg (102 KB, 728x455)
102 KB
102 KB .jpg
Hokay! I've finished updating the social links and character sheet, poke me if I missed anything. You will find a particular treat there for your efforts with Naimen no Daiza, something you would've not gotten with Urahara's other training option. Cel and Zil have also gotten some new abilities for you to use in their Nikai states.

Links are at the start of the thread!
>>
>>4868111
You need to update the part about our body since we're physically dead
>>
>>4868111
>I think we should keep our bankai from other shinigami for as long as possible, even if it doesn't offer any info on Naimen no Daiza's true form. Growing too powerful too fast might put us back on the Gosei 13's radar.
>>
>>4866031
Yay for emotional manipulation by using friendships to make people do what we want! Aizen would be proud, and then subtley remind us Drianni and Lahela are in danger as long as the Gotei 13 are in charge.

>>4868111
Interesting updates. It seems that Celaris’ ability may be able to counter Aizen’s if we’re nearby. He could fool our senses, but he can’t fool his own. More generally, seems like the sort of thing to use when spying, either to watch over someone who is infiltrating to know if they need an evac, or to turn someone into an unwitting spy.

For bankai, given the name it seems reasonable it’ll involve both Celaris and Zilua going into NnD. How they interact with NnD once inside is a bit of a guess (will NnD fuse with them and mediate actively between them, or is it more passive than that?), but we can safely assume that at the minimum they’ll be doing more than just sharing a room together during bankai. They will absolutely hate it, so the sooner we can test it the better. Though fair warning to them before we do that.

General question to Trippy, did Celaris/Zilya absotb the souls of our lineage when they died, or did they pass on to the afterlife? I had thought it was the latter until now, but the NnD description suggests otherwise. If the former, maaaaybe there’s some lingering resentment towards C and Z that we picked up from the “ominous” feel the place gave. Would make bankai even more exciting, where we have to mediate the mediator.
>>
>>4868141
To me it sounds more like it might allow one or both of them to manifest fully in the real world in some way
>>
File: Thread10c.jpg (250 KB, 1000x700)
250 KB
250 KB .jpg
You are Nakashiri Koharu, a shinigami assigned to watch over Osaka. Yet, you’re about to travel to Hueco Mundo, the home realm of hollows. Originally Kisuke was supposed to open the rift for you, but due to you being bedridden for eight days, he managed to slip away somewhere else in that time. Zilya offered you her skills with traveling through the garganta, if you gave her control, but you don’t trust her enough.

And so the task falls onto Lahela, who although true at heart, is inexperienced with traversing the dark void.

“Are you ready, Lahela?”

“N-No,” she replies.

“KEKEKEE!” squeaks Lizzy.

“Right,” you sigh. “Just relax. I’ve got your back.”

With a nod, Lahela extends her hand, and then a finger, her eyes closed. The fabric of reality begins to crack open from that point and extends horizontally, beyond which lies only darkness. Your skin grows cold, and your sixth sense confuses you. Beyond there is an ambient, swirling reiatsu that feels depthless.

“Shit, I haven’t even stepped in and I’m already getting disoriented.. Lahela?”

You look at her and see her jaw trembling. You put a hand on her shoulder and give her a semi-confident smile. She nods to it, and takes the first step in.

Once the rift collapses, you struggle to keep yourself balanced. It feels like you’re stuck in a room that is being slowly turned in various directions; occasionally lifted and dropped.

“Still feel like being stubborn?” Zilya laughs at the back of your mind, taunting you. “It’d be a lot easier if you’d just let me lead you.”

“No,” you shake your head and respond to her in your internal conversation.

“Koharu,” Lahela suddenly speaks up, “I feels ssomething. A pull.”

“Then let it pull you. If I understand right, you need that instinct to get there.”

Zilya seems strangely quiet afterwards.

>1/2
>>
File: Ep149HuecoMundo.png (279 KB, 738x540)
279 KB
279 KB .png
When you do get out of the garganta, you have no idea how much time has gone by. You don’t get the luxury of figuring that out, as a mix of stronger and much more ominous reiatsu wash over you. The wastes under the eternal night lie before you. the white sand scraping against your skin as a light but sharp wind blows them into the air. Above everything, there rests the only source of light in this realm: a crescent moon… no, an eclipsed moon?

“We made it Lahela! I knew you could do it!” you try to cheer her up despite the bad feeling you get from this place. “L-Lahela?”

As you turn to look at her, you see her eyes looking around frantically, as if she were a cornered animal. “Lahela, snap out of it! You’re safe!”

Only after a bit of shaking does she finally come back to herself.

“Ssorry. This place, it’ss intense…”

You nod. “I understand, but we have to get moving. We need to find our escort first.”

It’s hard for you to go for any lead, especially with your sixth sense, since it is being overwhelmed currently by massive signals, and a million smaller ones. One of them feels like a slowly but surely creeping death, another one like a million voices screaming from torture, and a third one that feels like a mountain is resting on top of you.

If you forget those for a moment, you can see in one direction, beyond just white sand dunes, crop up sharp black mountains, almost indistinguishable from the night sky were it not for some white edges and details.

You recall somebody, either Aizen, Drianni or ZIlya mentioning that there are extensive caves underneath the wastes as well, which often offer more safety from the great calamities that walk the surface.

Tough to choose when you don’t know where to look. Fortunately, it doesn’t look like there are any hollows in the immediate vicinity.

>2/2

>Explore the desert overworld
>Go check out the black mountains
>Search for a way down into the caves
>Other?
>>
>>4868112
>You need to update the part about our body since we're physically dead
Good catch, fixed!

>>4869695
>did Celaris/Zilya absorb the souls of our lineage when they died, or did they pass on to the afterlife?
They did, that's how I tried to write it at least. For Cel and Zil to pass onto the next soul, they always had to drag with them the soul of the mother, hence their deaths not long after birth. They never got a chance at afterlife, instead all of their souls were doomed to keep Cel and Zil contained.
>>
>>4869847
>Search for a way down into the caves
We don’t need light *as much* to find danger given our reiatsu-sensing abilities.

If we can find any weak hollows here, we could ise Zilya to dominate them, then Celaris to hijack their senses to scout for us. Keeps us from blundering into traps as much.

Only other thing we might be able to do is see if we can go Senzen and pick out other arrancars. Two problems are a) I forget if our escort is already an arrancar and b) this area seems to be trying to kill us through sheer pressure even without enhanced senses. If we can withstand it long enough, maybe we could use it to sense if we’re over a cave network and follow it to an entrance? Or blast our way in if it’s close enough to the surface.
>>
>>4869848
Huh. Guessing that means our zanpakuto could become one of the masterless most ones that can be picked up by a shinigami later then? Seems like it could seal Zilya and Celaris until someone else comes along.
>>
>>4869847
>>Search for a way down into the caves
>>
>>4869847
>>Search for a way down into the caves