[3 / an / cgl / diy / gd / i / n / out / p / po / qst / s4s / t / trv / vip / vm / vmg / w / wg / wsr / ] [Settings]
Board
Settings Home
/qst/ - Mitsuba Archive

“The Krieger Corp is the life for me,
A gun, bed and funeral for free.
That’s my lot in the Black Company.”

It took the Earth 10 long years to die. Like every planet afflicted by the pervasive sentient plague that swept the galaxy at the turn of the 23rd century, aptly named The Rot, Earth’s demise was slow and agonising at first then violent and sudden by the end. The seas boiled and the air turned to ash in the wake of the continent-shattering orbital bombardments that cleansed her and a hundred other worlds.

20 years later, the dust of the Purification Wars has settled and the surviving xenos empires have finished carving up the remaining colonies of those less fortunate races between them, including those few left from Earth’s initial phase of expansion. Just rewards for the victorious alien’s part in saving the galaxy. The surviving human population, once many billions, now numbers in the mere millions. An entire race of refugees, vagrants and backwater outcasts begging, stealing and labouring as second-class citizens, servants or slaves under uncaring alien masters.

A lifetime of backbreaking work for stale recycled oxygen units and a handful of credits is the best fate most humans can hope for. Little wonder then that the violent but lucrative life of a mercenary holds such appeal. As the novelty of peace wears off and the rival alien nations rattle their sabres once more, human mercenaries are in high demand for their crude effectiveness and affordable prices.

And of all the human mercenary firms, there are none so infamous and so highly sought after as the services of the Black Company…

=============================================

Twitter: https://twitter.com/BlackCompany666
/qst/ Archive: http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/qstarchive.html?tags=2230AD
2230AD Annal Entries: https://pastebin.com/zBic3fPQ [incomplete]
Recorded Xenos Species: https://pastebin.com/vdG01RzG
The Last Human Colonies: https://pastebin.com/VA3nHbTm
Advanced Firefight Rules: https://pastebin.com/NATmyFSw
>>
File: Royal Savis Empire.png (636 KB, 800x518)
636 KB
636 KB .png
+++XENO QUOTE OF THE DAY+++
>SELECTED Savis

“They don’t compare to our fine Savis legionnaires, of course. But they do have this wonderful phrase. ‘Life is lower value’, do I have that right? Hah! Out of all the long-years it is these humans that come closest to our species’ way of thinking. And, unlike my buffoon cousin and his idiot hirelings, these humans know how to keep their mouths shut.” -Prince Vitilis XXIV of House Dagastar, age 12

TRANSLATOR TEXT
GREEN = translated from Yib Dialect
RED = translated from Savi Speak
BLUE = translated from Federation Trade Tongue
BOLD = Untranslated (or emphasis if human speaking)

[1/4]
>>
Some few days in the future – Savisholme, the Prince’s main estate

“Throne’s teeth!” The Prince remarked, reading the latest newsletter recounting the horrible incident arising from the mining world of Dis that had the Court in a furor. “Den-mother’s sister was there!”

The maids and butlers attending him made no comment, they were all lower-class Savis servants themselves descended from a long line of service to the Prince’s house and knew when the Prince was merely pontificating out loud as opposed to inviting conversation. The Prince trusted them, insofar as the lower classes could be trusted. Nonetheless his bodyguard kept a watchful eye on them as they manicured the Royal paws, changed the Royal sheets and served the Royal breakfast. The Prince looked over his paper at his looming human bodyguard, bedecked in such a numerous and vicious collection of scars that even the Prince found himself wondering how the man had survived the infliction of them.

Casimir Ortega. Destined for death in the Pits for amusement following a dishonourable discharge from the Auxiliaries, the Prince had purchased the fight-slave for a bargain. In those four years since he had saved the Prince’s life twice, earning his freedom twice over. And the Prince said only twice because that situation with the Vesh exile assassin on Highgarden shouldn’t really count count. The Prince could probably have talked her down before Casamir killed her. Probably. But proactiveness in one’s bodyguards was hardly an attribute that warranted reprimand. Casimir had earnt his freedom twice over, but thankfully he had decided against leaving the services of the Prince following that grant and merely accepted a significant payrise and promotion to Primus Pilus, the head of the Prince’s Honour Guard.

“I take it I am to review your list again?” The Prince sighed indulgently, adopting the Cradler’s dialect with some amusement. Such an unnecessary emphasis on the pronouns, High Imperial was the preferred tongue at Court but the Prince liked showing off his royal education. And speaking to those of lesser breeding in their home tongue helped foster that carefully cultivated sense of loyalty that speaking down to them simply did not. “I do hope you haven’t come here just to glower at my poor attendants?”

“I do not glower, Your Highness. I merely observe.”

“You -observe- in the same sense that a prowling Jappa Cat observes a Savis pup that has strayed from his den-mother.” The Prince flicked his right ear up, a sign of wry amusement. Casimir did not bare his teeth in response as was the usual indicator of humour among humans. Apparently, he had learnt that the maids and butlers found that even more threatening that his usual dour silence. “Oh fine, be like that. No fun. The report then?”

[2/4]
>>
“Yes, Highness. I have vetted the latest candidates for your Honour Guard, these are the potentials who passed the heightened security screening.” Casimir paused, his silence indicating what he thought of the thoroughness of those measures. “As well as my own investigations.”

The Prince reviewed the list. A Pect’Max and two humans. One of which had the distinct scars and tell-tale genemod signs shared with his soon-to-be boss. Casimir preferred Cradlers like himself, of course, but they were a rare find. The hardened deathworlders only came from one moon-sized planet, and the Savis military signed every single one that they could into the auxiliaires. There were precious few that could be bought, their loyalty had to be won. Of course, the Prince enjoyed the challenge of winning over the loyalty of these hairless barbarians. Unlike many of his fellow Savis, humans were often delightedly undivided in their loyalties. Their loyalty, once won, usually stayed won. It was for this reason Casimir didn’t like utilizing Savis, not for his sire’s personal guard at any rate. Too many tangled loyalties, too many diverging relations and favours owed. At least humans generally focused on the job of protecting their charge, and the Pect’Max were reliable so long as they were paid well.

“Still collecting your fellow Cradlers, are we? How many is that in my Honour Guard now, three?”

“Two, sire. Mistress Kelsea has extensive genemods, but she’s originally from Saratoga. As for Master Caleb and Master Grigor, a lifetime of hunting and being hunted makes them invaluable bodyguards to the Royal Body. They have a certain sense for danger.”

The Prince paused, remembering that time with the disguised Yibrak jugglers during his visit to Costello. “Yes… I suppose they do at that. What about the contingent offered by Legio DCXIV?”

“I would advise against it, my liege. Too many of their officers have close ties to House Rurk.”

[3/4]
>>
[4/4]

“Casimir, we are -allied- to House Rurk.” The Prince rolled his eyes, a distinctly human expression that his den-mother would have rapped him on the knuckles for if she ever caught him doing it. “That’s half the point of their offer. By offering me protection our allies in House Rurk can both instill themselves in my good graces and keep an eye on my activities via the occasional report from the Legionnaires. It’s only polite. “

“If I may be so bold, Your Highness, -you- are allied to House Rurk. Your Honour Guard is not.” Once set against something, the Prince’s bodyguard was decidedly hard to move. Although their Liege-Vassal relationship was much the same as their Master-Servant one had been, the Prince had not gotten to where his was by not knowing what battles were worth fighting. He decided to trust in his sworn man’s judgement in this. Casimir had served him well thus far.

“…Fine. I’m still accepting the offer, we can’t afford to offer House Rurk an insult. But you have my leave to station them somewhere suitably out of the way, perhaps one of my holdings on the frontier.” The Prince wrinkled his furry snout in a somewhat bemused and exasperated manner. “At this rate I’m going my Honour Guard is going to look like the Imperial Menagerie. If only slightly less vicious.”

“I’ve seen the Imperial Menagerie, Highness. In deadliness we have them beat.”

“Yes. Yes, I suppose you do at that.” The Prince bared his fangs, though Casimir could not have said whether the expression carried the human or decidedly more aggressive Savis meaning. “Casimir? The newsletters are as lean on the details as the local bathhouse gossip. See if you can’t find out more about this evolving situation on Dis…”

“It will be done, Highness.” The scarred Cradler bodyguard had never once failed his liegelord. He would not start now.

“Pack my bags!” The Prince barked at his attendants, warming to the idea of something more active than currying favour behind the curtains of the Imperial Throne. A fruitful endeavour, certainly, but one that could get tiresome. “I think a tour of my estates is in long overdue…”

=============================================

Xeno Quote of the Day (select one for the next thread)
>Asandi
>Auxl
>Belcossan
>Chorkrum
>Coryx
>Drax
>Faenwedhe
>Kroll
>Pect’Max
>Quexi
>Savis
>Yibrak
>Vesh
> NEW: League of Dis - Rebels
>>
This vote shall remain open for 24 hours. Please vote in that time if you wish to participate in later votes.
>>
>>4849283
>Faenwedhe
>>
>>4849283
>Pect’Max
>>
>>4849283
>> NEW: League of Dis - Rebels
Relevant + I'm curious
>>
>>4849283

Lets slaughter some nobles yeeehaww
>>
>>4849283

Ordinarily I would be choosing Pect'Max as I wanna have a peek under the hood but KININARIMASU.
>>
File: Snake Eyes approves.jpg (116 KB, 500x500)
116 KB
116 KB .jpg
Oh, and the last thread is archived here!

http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/qstarchive.html?tags=2230AD

Please upvote if you like the quest so far. Votes gives me warm QM fuzzy feelings inside.
>>
>>4849283
Oooooh, juicy. I also hope you have taken a good rest from work Forgotten-sama
>>
>>4849283
>>
>>4849283
>Pect’Max

Well okay then
>>
>>4849283
>League of Dis - Rebels
How can I not choose the shiny new button?
>>
>>4849283
Well, the Savis Prince sticking his nose in doesn't sound good
>>
>>4849283
>Kroll
Until it wins
>>
>>4849283
The Prince sounds fun...for a Savis.

Might as well get the shiny new option.
>>
>>4849283
>>
>>4849283

*Sigh* I was gonna vote for the birds we were so recently acquainted with but I can't resist the shiny button.

Random pic to help me find my post, pay no attention.
>>
>>4849283
>League of Dis - Rebels
>>
>>4849283

>Faenwedhe

I'm sticking to my guns instead of going with the shiny new Rebels button. Tech-barbarians or bust.
>>
>>4849283
>Faenwedhe

Why not - it’s something different!
>>
File: bomber harris.jpg (56 KB, 960x700)
56 KB
56 KB .jpg
>>4849283
>>Drax
>>
>>4849283

LET'S GOOOOOO
>>
>>4849283

Let's bag us a new Savis skin rug
>>
>>4849283
>>
>>4849283

Time to press the new button.

Know the Enemy.
>>
>>4849283
>League of Dis - Rebels

Anchor post.
>>
>>4849283
>NEW: League of Dis - Rebels
IT HAS A NEW IN FRONT OF IT!
>>
File: 20210505_091708.jpg (33 KB, 500x500)
33 KB
33 KB .jpg
>>4849283
>Vesh
Less goo
>>
>>4849283
Pect’Max
The prince seems fun
Frist post dust..
>>
>>4849283
Time to hang xenos baby
>>
>>4849283
>Vesh

Pretty neat that the missions can have an Impact on the quotes too.
>>
File: 594.png (271 KB, 600x600)
271 KB
271 KB .png
>>4849283
>Kroll
I wanna hear what these genocidal picks have to say.
>>
File: Snake-Eye.jpg (1194 KB, 1000x1600)
1194 KB
1194 KB .jpg
>>4849283

As always, love your writing.
>>
>>4849283
>NEW: League of Dis - Rebels
aww yeah, we rebels now
>>
>>4849283

>Pect'Max

ASR
>>
>>4849283
>Faenwedhe
>>
>>4849283

Yesss, we're back.
>>
>>4849283
>Vesh

>>4849637
Thats a great pic
>>
>>4849283
>League of Dis - Rebels
>>
>>4849283
>Faenwedhe
>>
>>4849283
>>
>>4849283
Something new!
>>
>>4849283
>>Drax
>>
I miss Sworn to Valor
>>
>>4849283
>Pect’Max
>>
>>4849283
>Faenwedhe
I’ve voted for them since the first thread and I won’t stop now
>>
>>4849283
>Asandi
>>
>>4849590
> The Phasebro wait never ends

One day, phasebro's.
>>
>>4850404
RIP Crusty
>>
>>4849264
>Pect’Max
Let's see what these birdbrians have to say
Also my ID will change bc I'm at an Airbnb
>>
>>4850413
Death from literal butthurt is the most 4chan way to go, at least.

Post muscle girls from the Green to feel better while Forgotten is asleep.
>>
>>4850417
Natalya Superstar
>>
>>4850421
Shopping 4 SQUATZ N OATZ
>>
>>4850427
Slim swole
>>
File: fit anime girls (3).png (859 KB, 1000x1411)
859 KB
859 KB .png
>>4850430
> How many genemods can you spot?
>>
File: 20210529_184758.jpg (52 KB, 524x600)
52 KB
52 KB .jpg
>>4850404
Soon i will no longer be asking
>>
File: 1615694704150.gif (2729 KB, 368x656)
2729 KB
2729 KB .gif
>>4850413
Goodnight, sweet prince.
>>
File: IRREGULAR HARDNESS.jpg (110 KB, 370x380)
110 KB
110 KB .jpg
>>4849283
>Vesh
I'd rather wait to hear what the rebels have to say after our first mission. Im curious about this mysterious race that seems to be one of the two oldest(that the galaxy at large knows of).
I've decided to take the advice from last thread and post an image to help me track my first post. Since I've just finished re-reading Kengan Ashura, I'll use choice images from it.
>>
>>4849283
>League of Dis - Rebels
>>
>>4849283
>Pect’Max
>>
>SELECTED
>League of Dis - Rebels

I guess I shouldn't be surprised the shiny new button won.

Update soon

>>4849637
And I love your art! Saved and added to the OC BCQ collection.
>>
>>4850071
Soon frend, soon
>>
File: League of Dis Poster.png (188 KB, 500x624)
188 KB
188 KB .png
>SELECTED (previous thread)
>Putting on a show as you sweep through the ballroom, scattering the guests like Cuttlefish in the wake of a Wingshark. Dozens of terrified nobles and their servants recounting their experiences of the horrific assault by dissident slaves screaming liberation rhetoric will be sure to both cement your cover story and spread like wildfire amongst the nobles and slave ranks alike. [Xenophobe]

++Remember, people.++ You click in on your comms, the sub-channel not open to your rebel assets. ++We’re escaped slaves with an axe to grind, and we are mad as all void about it.++

Maybe your crew won’t get rapturous applause for their acting, but the screams that greet the entrance of your intimidating operatives indicates that the noncom guests will be too busy fearing for their lives to see through the deception. And the presence of the rebel assets definitely sells the whole thing.

I want to break free
I want to break free

“Death to tyrants!” Bones yells, behind him Husk fires his gun up into the ceiling and showers the centre of the room in plascrete. It’s a gross breach of Company regs, but you’ll let it slide given the situation.

“Liberté! Égalité! Fraternité!” Night Night shoves a whimpering Sav princess aside, cracking her hip with a flick of her steel baton. “Liberté! Égalité! Fraternité!”

I want to break free from your lies
You're so self-satisfied I don't need you

Crane says nothing as he puts two rounds in a slow-to-the-draw human bodyguard, the human noble he was guarding raising his hands placatingly before your Second pistol whips him to the flaw. Some part of you realises that it’s the first confirmed human kill Vinehound squad has ever made, though probably not the first of Crane's if even half of what you suspect about his past is true. You find yourself disappointed that Crane doesn’t finish the other one off. You didn’t realise there were human nobles in Sav society, for some reason the thought deeply disturbs you.

“Where is the governor?!” Convict roars into the face of a terrified Sav noble, lifting them up and throwing them across the banquet table. Remember Seven has to dodge out of the way to avoid the noble landing on him. You think Convict rather enjoyed that, even as he lifts and shakes the next Sav in reach like a rag doll. “Where is the governor?!!!”

++Directive. Scanning for hostiles.++ Gunner Nines swings his machine gun back and forth across the crowd, scanning for threats just as he would in other other circumstance. Really, he fits the role of hacked security bot rather well. ++Awaiting kill-command.++

I've got to break free
God knows, God knows I want to break free

[1/2]
>>
File: Western Ballroom.jpg (411 KB, 1920x1080)
411 KB
411 KB .jpg
[2/2]

The Yibrak Ixx’Ixx clicks menacingly at a terrified batch of Savis debutantes, each clutching at one another and mewling in fright. Jorus repeatedly rife-butting an inoffensive noble Sav was probably gratuitous, you guess the he must have been somewhere on the low-to-middle of Jorus’ lengthy list of vengeance. Jacob Reed gunning down a grey-furred governess that batted him with her purse was definitely uncalled for.

For the most part though, despite the chaotic clamour and sporadic gunfire, the only other lethal casualty is another stray bodyguard with more guts than brains. And the young Savis debutante unfortunately caught in the crossfire when said guard was gunned down. But it sure as scud helps cement the cover of your people being an uncouth band of rebel thugs.

*BA-BANG* Your helmet snaps towards the latest outburst of gunfire, expecting to spot another stray bodyguard making a stand.

Instead you see Boot standing over the corpse of an Savis noble, blood pooling around her shoes on the dancefloor. You can’t see if they were armed, or if they had made any sort of threatening move. Boot’s rifle is now directed at another similarly fashioned Savis cowering against the wall a few feet onwards, a mate you presume. Clutching at their skirts are three particularly young-looking members of the furry species, on the cusp of adulthood. Which in Savis society would put them somewhere around the age of three standard Earth cycles.
Boot doesn’t lower her rifle, the still smoking muzzle pointed straight at the clutch of Savis noncoms. The oppressors. Her oppressors. Maybe not the same alien taskmasters that worked her people to death in the dark hell of the space mining stations, but certainly of the same mould.

You don’t need to imagine how itchy that trigger finger must be right now.

======================================================

> “Easy, easy now. Vengeance is a hell of a drug, kid.” Gently point the rifle down, away from the civilians, you talk to Boot one-on-one over the comms. You know the girl is carrying some baggage, more-so than most. But this form of catharsis isn’t healthy. That blood won’t wash. [Daredevil]

> “This isn’t the way, Boot. Stand down, remember the job. We’re here to make a scene, not rack up a body count.” Speaking to Boot on the private comm, you talk her down from killing the clutch of unarmed Savs. You appeal to her professionalism, keep her focussed on the mission. [Firebrand]

> *BANG* “Nits make lice.” You may not have shared Boot’s horrific upbringing, but Clayton’s Cradle has long been under the heel of these vermin. Some of your fellow homeworlders view their value as prime auxiliary material to the Royal Savis Empire as a source of pride. You don’t. And the last thing you need is some adolescent rodent starting a quest to avenge their dead den-father. [Xenophobe]
>>
>>4851570

> *BANG* “Nits make lice.” You may not have shared Boot’s horrific upbringing, but Clayton’s Cradle has long been under the heel of these vermin. Some of your fellow homeworlders view their value as prime auxiliary material to the Royal Savis Empire as a source of pride. You don’t. And the last thing you need is some adolescent rodent starting a quest to avenge their dead den-father. [Xenophobe]

Verification
>>4849296

Sure it may not be strictly in the regs but it DEFINITELY sells our cover and Boot will be all shitty if we don't let her vent a little here.

But seriously, a rebel slave losing their cool and doing some unnecessary slaughter mid-operation? It's perfect for our cover. Boot is emotional, enraged, exactly what the other civvies need to see right now
>>
>>4851570
> “This isn’t the way, Boot. Stand down, remember the job. We’re here to make a scene, not rack up a body count.” Speaking to Boot on the private comm, you talk her down from killing the clutch of unarmed Savs. You appeal to her professionalism, keep her focussed on the mission. [Firebrand]
Our adorable little war criminal
>>4849313
First post
>>
>>4851570
>*BANG* “Nits make lice.” You may not have shared Boot’s horrific upbringing, but Clayton’s Cradle has long been under the heel of these vermin. Some of your fellow homeworlders view their value as prime auxiliary material to the Royal Savis Empire as a source of pride. You don’t. And the last thing you need is some adolescent rodent starting a quest to avenge their dead den-father. [Xenophobe]
Rather not gun down non-coms willy nilly, but if you're gonna start something, might as well finish it. The Savis do seem like a vengeful bunch.

>>4849292
Original post.
>>
>>4851566
> “Easy, easy now. Vengeance is a hell of a drug, kid.” Gently point the rifle down, away from the civilians, you talk to Boot one-on-one over the comms. You know the girl is carrying some baggage, more-so than most. But this form of catharsis isn’t healthy. That blood won’t wash. [Daredevil]

>Write-in
Not worth getting their blood in your hands kid, save that for the governor. He has more than earn it.

>>4849539
>>
>>4851570
>> *BANG* “Nits make lice.” You may not have shared Boot’s horrific upbringing, but Clayton’s Cradle has long been under the heel of these vermin. Some of your fellow homeworlders view their value as prime auxiliary material to the Royal Savis Empire as a source of pride. You don’t. And the last thing you need is some adolescent rodent starting a quest to avenge their dead den-father. [Xenophobe]
Every dead xeno is a win
>>
>>4849283
I would like to vote, also greetings from Austria
>>
>>4851570
> “Easy, easy now. Vengeance is a hell of a drug, kid.” Gently point the rifle down, away from the civilians, you talk to Boot one-on-one over the comms. You know the girl is carrying some baggage, more-so than most. But this form of catharsis isn’t healthy. That blood won’t wash. [Daredevi]
>>4851641
Me
>>
>>4850708
First post
>>4851570
> “This isn’t the way, Boot. Stand down, remember the job. We’re here to make a scene, not rack up a body count.” Speaking to Boot on the private comm, you talk her down from killing the clutch of unarmed Savis. You appeal to her professionalism, keep her focused on the mission. [Firebrand]
Being against vengeance is something im for, but I recognize that its something IM for, not necessarily Snake-Eyes.
If the Savis was an overseer of her old mine, I would be fine and dandy with it, but they arnt, so im not for the xenophobic option either.
Lets stick to business. In order to excuse killing the one Savis and not the rest of the family, say out loud something along the lines of "we kill the big rat to send the message, the oppresses wont care about some low-noble runts".
>>
>>4851570
>> *BANG* “Nits make lice.” You may not have shared Boot’s horrific upbringing, but Clayton’s Cradle has long been under the heel of these vermin. Some of your fellow homeworlders view their value as prime auxiliary material to the Royal Savis Empire as a source of pride. You don’t. And the last thing you need is some adolescent rodent starting a quest to avenge their dead den-father. [Xenophobe]

ya gotta extinguish the bloodline
>>
>>4851570
>>
>>4851570
>*BANG* “Nits make lice.” You may not have shared Boot’s horrific upbringing, but Clayton’s Cradle has long been under the heel of these vermin. Some of your fellow homeworlders view their value as prime auxiliary material to the Royal Savis Empire as a source of pride. You don’t. And the last thing you need is some adolescent rodent starting a quest to avenge their dead den-father. [Xenophobe]

>>4849803
Me
>>
>>4851570
>“This isn’t the way, Boot. Stand down, remember the job. We’re here to make a scene, not rack up a body count.” Speaking to Boot on the private comm, you talk her down from killing the clutch of unarmed Savs. You appeal to her professionalism, keep her focussed on the mission. [Firebrand]
don't want her to get uncontrollable. If we let it happen too much she might begin think she has free reign to kill xenos indiscriminately.

verified by autism
>>4849667
>>
>>4851570

We may not have been a slave, but the Savs didn't make the Cradle any better when they slimed their way into controlling it. Fuck these rats and their love of keeping humans as house-broken pets. Show them that not everyone will roll over and show their belly when the master comes home.

>>4849420

'tism check.
>>
>>4851570
>“Easy, easy now. Vengeance is a hell of a drug, kid.” Gently point the rifle down, away from the civilians, you talk to Boot one-on-one over the comms. You know the girl is carrying some baggage, more-so than most. But this form of catharsis isn’t healthy. That blood won’t wash. [Daredevil]
>>4849573
>>
>>4851718
I just think that if we let this slide, Boot will use it as an excuse to go beyond orders and kill civies when we have a job to do. Kill whoever you want on your own time as long as it doesn't come back to bite the Company in the ass. We will have plenty of opportunities to kill some rats later.
>>
>>4851570

Considering what Snake-Eyes did to the Yibrak, it would be hypocritical of her to stop Boot. Hell, it helps our cover story.

We can have a talk later at camp about what happens when shooting people goes against the mission though.

>>4849353
Verification
>>
>>4851570
>>
>>4851570
>> “This isn’t the way, Boot. Stand down, remember the job. We’re here to make a scene, not rack up a body count.” Speaking to Boot on the private comm, you talk her down from killing the clutch of unarmed Savs. You appeal to her professionalism, keep her focussed on the mission. [Firebrand]
>>
>>4851570

Ahh here’s the war crimes ocption

>>4849327
Verified

>>4851475
Here’s hoping
>>
>>4851570
Only good rat is a dead rat.
>>
>>4851570
>> “Easy, easy now. Vengeance is a hell of a drug, kid.” Gently point the rifle down, away from the civilians, you talk to Boot one-on-one over the comms. You know the girl is carrying some baggage, more-so than most. But this form of catharsis isn’t healthy. That blood won’t wash. [Daredevil]

>>4850318
>>
>>4851570

me >>4849345
>>
>>4851570
>>
>>4851570
>“This isn’t the way, Boot. Stand down, remember the job. We’re here to make a scene, not rack up a body count.” Speaking to Boot on the private comm, you talk her down from killing the clutch of unarmed Savs. You appeal to her professionalism, keep her focussed on the mission. [Firebrand]
Control your hate. Burn it as fuel for the job. Blah blah blah.

Me >>4849942
>>
>>4851570

Remember kids, it is not a war crime if they aren't humans.
>>
>>4851570

We can talk to her about this later, right now we're in the middle of a battlefield.

>>4850049
Original ID
>>
>>4851570
>>
>>4851984
>right now we're in the middle of a battlefield
Yes. These unarmed civilians may well bleed on us.
>>
>>4852130
Exactly! What if we get space AIDS!
>>
>>4852166
From a mother and three toddlers.
>>
>>4852178
You can never be too cautious.
>>
>>4852178
AIDS can be transferred from mother to child.
>>
>>4851570
>> “This isn’t the way, Boot. Stand down, remember the job. We’re here to make a scene, not rack up a body count.” Speaking to Boot on the private comm, you talk her down from killing the clutch of unarmed Savs. You appeal to her professionalism, keep her focussed on the mission. [Firebrand]

me >>4849298
>>
>>4851570

It's in the evil overlords rule list FFS
>>
>>4851570

Don't want the fury-red tint shades to become a habit that inhibits us in the future, or to make kid-killing a regular occurrence. That being said, if we fail to talk her down or the xenophobe option wins, well at least it helps our cover and Boot can get a little catharsis.

>>4849382
Me.
>>
>>4851570
>>4849701

>This isn't the way

We want a reaction, but some kinds of heat we just don't need. This is the kind of shit that could follow the Black Company off planet.
>>
>>4852656
>We want a reaction, but some kinds of heat we just don't need. This is the kind of shit that could follow the Black Company off planet.

Implying that this whole operation isn't the kind of heat that could follow us off planet. As if killing a couple civvies is going to make a difference in that
>>
>>4851570

Never go full rebel boot.

Also I think from what the prince said that his den sister is at this party/planet, and the qm could be tricking us with the let boots kill the rats.

>>4849600
Frist post dust..
>>
>>4851570
She'll hate us for patronizing her and this reckless slaughter won't be good for her mind
>>4850415
Verification
>>
>>4851570
Kill em all

>>4850281
Me
>>
>>4851570
>>4849291
>>4851955

I just realized that I didn't link back. Autism Check for my [Xenophobe] vote. Apologies if this complicates the count for you, Forgotten.
>>
>>4852675

There's a difference between a general hate on from the Savis, and a vendetta from a Savis noble house because we popped a younger sister. Geopolitics is one thing, vendetta is another.
>>
File: Xenophobe choice.png (211 KB, 500x498)
211 KB
211 KB .png
Looks like I’ve foolishly split the mercy choice straight down the middle. The kill/spare ratio in votes is fairly balanced, and this seems a little too important for Natalya’s characterisation to leave to chance.

RECAST VOTE

=========================================

> Wait. This is not the Way. [Spare the Savs]

> Frankly, my dear, I don’t give a damn. [Boot decides]

> You gotta purge ALL the xenos, girl. [Slay the Savs]
>>
>>4851641
Hello, Austrian. Welcome aboard.

>>4852892
Nah, it's fine. Linking back to your OG vote helps but is not essential.
>>
>>4852977
>> Wait. This is not the Way. [Spare the Savs]

me >>4849298
>>
>>4852977

Fukken Xenos

>>4849327
>>
>>4852977

If these Savis mines are as terrible as implied then I wouldn't want to be the one to tell Boot to back down. We could but it's not the right time or place.
The prey survived, grew stronger and became the predator. What's wrong with letting nature runs its course.

Meee
>>4849637
>>
>>4852977

>>4850318
>>
>>4852977
>>
>>4852977

Seems fair enough.

>>4849353
Me.
>>
>>4852977
>Wait. This is not the Way. [Spare the Savs]
This isn't for the Savis' sake, it's for Boot's.
>>4851738
>>
>>4852977

>>4849382
Me.
>>
>>4852977
>> Frankly, my dear, I don’t give a damn. [Boot decides]
>>4850274
This me
>>
>>4852977

me >>4849730
>>
>>4852977
>>4849313
confirmacion autismo
>>
>>4852977

Me >>4849345
>>
>>4852977
>>
>>4852977

>>4849291
Here I am.
>>
>>4852977
>> You gotta purge ALL the xenos, girl. [Slay the Savs]
>>
>>4852977
>>
>>4852977

Verification
>>4849296
>>
>>4852977

Me >>4849942
>>
>>4852977
>>4849803
Me
>>
>>4852977
>>
>>4852977
Wait. This is not the Way. [Spare the Savs

>>4849600
Frist post dust..
>>
>>4852977
>Frankly, my dear, I don’t give a damn. [Boot decides]

I'm too damn conflicted to decide
>>
>>4852977

>>4849328
me
>>
>>4852977

I mean we know she's gonna do it
>>
>>4850708
1st post
>>4852977
We have a goddamn mission Boot. Kill people on your own time, as long as it doesnt bite the Company in the ass. I dont want this to become a habit. If I dont call you out on this, what if another member of the squad has a grudge and puts the mission on hold to deal with it? What if convicts mysterious past comes up and wants to shoot some apparent rando? What if we are running to another objective on a Yibrak world and we come to a hallway that splits between the objective and a hatchery. Should I let him take a stroll for a few minutes. Fuck.No.

If She does kill them, I at the very least want to give her a verbal lashing when we get back to camp about this.
>>
So its 7 for spare
11 for leaving it up to Boot
and
4 for purging.
Clear leads, but plenty of time for them to shift.
>>
>>4852977
>>4852166
Me.
>>
>>4852977
>Wait. This is not the Way. [Spare the Savs]
>>
>>4852977
>>4850281
Me
>>
>>4852977
>>
>>4852977

>Wait, this is not the way.
>>
>>4852977

Verification: >>4849626
>>
>>4852977
>>
>>4852977
>You gotta purge ALL the xenos, girl. [Slay the Savs]

P U R G E

>>4849433
Linking back
>>
Its now
10 spare
13 leave it to Boot
and 7 for purge.
Only change is a the margin between spare and hands-off is now 3 votes.
>>
>>4854206
Amazing how purge just evaporated on the revote.
>>
>>4852977

me >>4849298
>>
>>4854222
"Leave it to Boots" wasn't an option before. I assume that's where all the Purge votes are going.
>>
>>4854206
I’m a purge vote and I’d rather change to let Boot decide than spare the Xenos
>>
>>4854252
The margin is close enough for purge to keep your vote RN, but I'd keep an eye on the thread so you can switch if needed.
>>
File: 20210605_111048.jpg (38 KB, 484x414)
38 KB
38 KB .jpg
>>4854238
Probably

Big sad for me though, I wanted Snake eyes to be less considered in foresight since its not really a Dardevil or risk taker trait, sorta like a more Black company version of Starbuck.
>>
I just dont want it to get into Boots's head that what she did was ok. Not because she killed a civilian and was going to/did kill the rest of its family, but because her actions were driven by a personal vendetta during a mission. If it wasnt her 2nd mission or the Savis was one of the taskmasters back at her mine, I would have let it slide.
>>
>>4854292
If I had to weigh it by the three traits we have I'd say only firebrand might support that sort of disciplinary train of thought, Daredevil wouldn't care, hell having a loose cannon is a good way to get the adrenaline going with risk/danger.

Firebrand is weird, she shows a zeal in her work which is good but the lack of discipline is what ultimately makes it an issue.

Xenophobe is well its a dozen less rats in the Galaxy for us to worry about.
>>
>>4852977

Imma switch >>4853266 to "Purge" over "What is de way, Captain"
>>
>>4854312
>>4854206
>>4852977
Just in case this count is wrong.
>>
>>4854298
WE take risks. Im fine with us rolling the dice, but not when other people do it for us. We shove our hand in the mystery box because there might be goodies in there, we can have fun after waking up in a hole full of monsters, but we arnt going to jump in the whole if there inst something to get out of it. We might have all three of the traits, but each one is mitigated by the other two, so we would only rarely act in accordance with the extreme of on of them.
As for the xenophobe, you could argue that making their lives hell and letting them marinate in their fear is what they deserve, atleast in comparison to a doubletap.
>>
>>4854298
>Xenophobe is well its a dozen less rats in the Galaxy for us to worry about.
But it's not because they're a warrior/vendetta seeker culture and we just killed a few dozen wives and kids. So actually, it's a few hundred more rats for us to worry about, estimating conservatively.
>>
File: TPR 'Boot' Garc(...).jpg (478 KB, 800x1115)
478 KB
478 KB .jpg

Looks like leaving it up to Boot just creeps ahead. But how blood thirsty is our little squaddie?

Let's let the dice decide. First roll under gets their pick.

>50DC

=======================

>Trooper Boot guns the Savs down.

>Trooper Boot takes her finger off the trigger.
>>
Rolled 53 (1d100)

>>4854626
>>
How does one roll dice?
>>
Rolled 16 (1d100)

>>4854626
>>
Rolled 64 (1d100)

>>4854626
>>Trooper Boot takes her finger off the trigger.
>>
>>4854628
In the options field you type "dice+1d100" without the quotation marks
>>
>>4854628
/qst/ should really have the same sticky note as /tg/ with how to stuff for playing/running
>>
>>4854628
Keep in mind thought that if you are new to the thread you wont be able to participate in rolls and votes if you don't get a post in in the first 24 hours. Exceptions can be made by the QM but it's not a frequent thing due to the risk of samefagging. I'd suggest a nice piece of art (skillfully or poorly drawn/photoshopped) or something that makes it clear you're invested and interested and not just stopping by for a zero effort post etc
>>
dice+1d100
Ah, I see.
Thank you.
>>
File: Capture.png (10 KB, 351x265)
10 KB
10 KB .png
>>4854637
Just to clarify
>>
File: TPR 'Boot' Garc(...).jpg (72 KB, 774x1032)
72 KB
72 KB .jpg
>>4854629

Look at our little war criminal go! At least this way we don't have to worry about Savis princeling's on quests of vengeance down the line.

===========================

Leadership Test: Boot
>50 DC (Leadership Rec)
>Badass Bandanna +0DC (Combat Situation)
>Tranquil Gaze +5DC, +1 Re-Roll
>Transhuman +2DC
>Taken a shine to you (Thread #1). Unlocking COMRADE status requires one less degree of success.
>57 DC

Double Fail = Blood-sick. Boot suffers -1DC to Firefights for the remainder of the operation.
0 = Shaken. Trooper Boot’s camaraderie status does not change. -2DC to Firefights for the remainder of the operation.
1 = Novice. Trooper Boot’s camaraderie status does not change.
2 = Initiate. Trooper Boot is now COMRADE status.
3 = One of us. Trooper Boot is now COMRADE status. Gain +1 Re-Roll to your next attempt to increase their camaraderie to BATTLE SISTER. Boot adds +2DC to Firefights for the remainder of the operation.
Double Pass = Bloodthirsty. Boot adds +2DC to Firefights for the remainder of the operation.

3 rolls of 1d100.

Good, good. Let the hate flow through you...
>>
Rolled 49 (1d100)

>>4854647

Verification>>4849296
>>
Rolled 74 (1d100)

>>4854647
Oh hey that bonus from thread 1s still kicking
>>
Rolled 97 (1d100)

>>4854647
What is the test for though?
>>
Rolled 94 (1d100)

>>4854650
Okay no, I'll reroll it
>>
>>4854649
>>4854650

Yikes

>>4854650
It's a leadership test to see if we bond more with Boot. One of you nerds should re-roll
>>
>>4854651
This is just mean.
>>
>>4854653
The rolls are psudorandom and the seed is based off the server clock. If you get a shit roll it's usually best to give it a bit of time before you re-roll to get better chances at a more different roll
>>
>>4854652
Well it least it’s no regression or worse, still would have liked Boot to have some progress but I guess it can’t be helped.
>>
>>4854654
Aren't civilized peoples' pseudorandom algorithms designed not to do this?
>>
>>4854660
We're on a Peruvian badger sorting forum anon, there is no civilization here
>>
File: Boot war crimes.gif (1023 KB, 498x364)
1023 KB
1023 KB .gif
>>4854648
>>4854649
>>4854650
>>4854651
>1 Success: Novice. Trooper Boot’s camaraderie status does not change.

Boot offers a sideways glance at you, firearm still pointed at the trembling Sav noble and her pups.

“Your call, Boot.” You shrug and turn away. Everybody’s got their demons to deal with, if this helps Boot with the scars she’s carrying you won’t get in her way. So long as it doesn’t jeopardize the mission, of course. “Don’t matter to me none.”

The barrel droops slightly, the young Trooper hesitating. Maybe you should have said something, nudged her one way or the other. But you reckon this is a choice the kid needs to make on her own. She’s a big girl now, she can make big decisions.

“…frag ‘em.” Something in Boot’s posture hardens, she realigns her aim towards the quivering Savis high society victims. “Frag every single one of them.”

The sharp bark of gunfire silences the mewling of the Savis clutch definitively. Jorus, son of Fisk, droops his ears at the callous murder of his fellow species. You guess these particular Savs weren’t on his revenge list. As for Boot’s revenge list for the horrors inflicted on her in the dark space mines, it seems comparatively indiscriminate. Any Sav will do.

“That were some righteous work, sister.” The ex-slave Jacob Reed plants a gnarled fist on Boot’s shoulder, a sign of respect. “No Gods, No Masters.”

The Ixx’Ixx brother chitters in agreement, holding up an insectoid claw in solidarity. Through the rags you can see it’s marked with a primitive brand, the Savis numeral for ‘Six’ crudely burnt into the chitin. You’ve seen the escaped Yibrak slave with two identical brothers, you wonder if there were originally more.

“Remove the hand, or lose it.” Boot hisses as the presumptuous rebel. He doesn’t need to be told twice. She passes you as the squad exits the West ballroom, largely deserted aside now after the carnage left in your wake. You spare a glance for one another, paying no heed to the reactions of the other squad members. There is no judgement in your eyes and no satisfaction in hers. You decide against saying anything, and she does much the same.

A conversation for another time, perhaps.

[1/3]
>>
“Le capitaine is on the line for you, ma sœur.” Night Night advises, you chime off the squad-only comms onto the direct command commlink reserved for you and the other squad leaders.

“Vinehound here, come in Centurion.”

++This is Centurion. Wasp reports two Sav dropships taking off from Daskar spaceport.++ The LT provides a sitrep on the bigger picture as your squad closes in on where the governor is holed up. ++Probably loaded to the brim with Legionnaires. ETA 10 minutes until they’re in the mission OZ.++

++God willing, Snake Eyes will not need that long to finish her holy work.++ SGT Heavenly seems, if anything, eager at the prospect of more enemies. ++But if she does, as the Lord is my witness these xenos infidels will not get far.++

++All the same best get a move on, Vinehound.++

“Copy Centurion. What’s the status of Banshee squad?” You can hear intense gunfire coming from the East, where SGT Casket and her squad were last situated.

++Banshee here, still in --- East corridors and going --where fast.++ The voice of SGT Casket is sporadically interrupted intense gunfire. ++They ---- --tivated the hunter-killer ----d patrols, got us ------ down. A few ----y bodyguards have come through here, but no sign -- ---- other Le-----aire squad.++

The clock is ticking, even if the reinforcements don’t arrive in time to save the governor’s fur they will definitely be a pain when during your exfiltration. Especially if those dropships are armed with anti-personnel weapons. That’s a lot of open ground you have to cover before you reach the relative safety of the hills.

“Contact front!” Bones yells from his position on point, ducking back through an expensive timber door as heavy fire splinters it. Vinehound squad “At least a dozen hostiles! Pecks, Savs and some humans from the looks of it. Fragging humans, are you kidding me?”

“You carry his name.” Remember Seven intones, leaning through the door at looking down at the prone trooper.

“What? What the scud is that supposed to mean?” Bones ducks, question forgotten as a high-cal round punches through the wall inches above the newbies head. She doesn’t seem perturbed, but Bones pushes her back int heavier cover all the same. “Scud! Fall back, back!”

"You said humans. Are we talking Cradlers?" If you have your fellow homeworlds to worry about, things just got more complicated.

"Not Cradle. Many other quick-smart human join auxilliaries." Jorus, son of Fisk, says confidently. "Cradle fight-thrall always sent fight-kill on front lines for Legions. Not sit-waste on backwater, Legates forbid."

“They’re dug in there pretty good, boss.”
Convict grunts, lifting his ghosthelm visor to spit out a wad of gum. It sticks to a porcelain vase probably worth his paycheque and then some.

[2/3]
>>
[3/3]

You scan the windows that offer a view of the governor’s southern manse, an imposing building that resembles something of a medieval keep. It was designed to be impressive and pleasing to the eye, but also demonstrates that low Sav cunning in the architecture that makes it serve as a fortress in a pinch. No wonder the governor fled here.

“畜生” Crane mutters, a rare streak of expression colouring his tone.“It is a chokepoint, bosun. A good one, at that.”

You’re forced to agree with your Second, the bottom floor of the keep is windowless. You could try blowing your way in, but you’ve have no idea of the layout and that still leaves you with the unenviable task of clearing your way room by room upstairs. Your men could scale the walls, but without the element of surprise they’d be floating carrabass for any of the hostiles manning the windows.

“At least we know what their move will be. Hunker down, hold position and wait for the cavalry to arrive.” You’d do the same in their position, when faced with a bigger threat and good cover. A shock assault, punching through with superior firepower and numbers, is the only way in. And it’s also exactly what the enemy is expecting. “Hey Convict, you got any of the good stuff left?”

“You know me, I always bring gifts to the party.” The ex-con grins widely, rolling out a blanket full of spare M272 ammunition. He pats one lovingly. “Not enough to clear them out, but it’d shake things up a bit, that’s for voiddamn sure.”

“Alright.” You take a moment, weighing up your options. After a few long moments, you chime into your comms. “Centurion this is Vinehound…”

========================================

>“Going in loud, going in proud. We’ll have the governor for you in just a minute.” Striking now, with everything you’ve got, is your best shot at killing the governor and extracting before reinforcements can arrive. It will be a hard fight, but if you wanted the easy life you wouldn’t have donned the black. [Daredevil]

>“Splitting the squad, spreading the pain. Beta section will hold position here, Alpha will reinforce Banshee.” Reinforced with a second squad, you’ll have a much better shot at storming the governor’s redoubt. You -should- be able to eliminate the target before reinforcements arrive, but extraction will be that much more difficult. [Firebrand]

>“Recommend mission abort. Will move to assist Banshee and proceed to extraction.” Having gatecrashed the governor’s little party, your men slip away with minimal resistance. The death of the governor is a nice bonus, but not worth risking your men’s lives over. No alien is. Besides, you’ve achieved a modicum of chaos and alarm in your attack tonight as it is. [Xenophobe]
>>
>>4854717
>“Going in loud, going in proud. We’ll have the governor for you in just a minute.” Striking now, with everything you’ve got, is your best shot at killing the governor and extracting before reinforcements can arrive. It will be a hard fight, but if you wanted the easy life you wouldn’t have donned the black. [Daredevil]

Honestly Banshee squad can hold their own, we're the newbie squad here. They are professionals and will be fine. We need this mission not be be a failure. We can shake them up, sweep and clear and hold the choke against reenforcements as Banshee squad and Heavenlys squad clean up behind us. It'll be tough but we can win.

The morale hit for failing our first major mission will be harsh, lets not let that happen

Verification>>4849296
>>
>>4854720
Any thoughts on how to get in without getting half of the squad killed?
>>
>>4854726
Slowly, carefully and with large amounts of explosives. Really though we'll have to see how the situation presents, if we can find an avenue for a Wetwork play we're golden. If not we maximize our strategies and orders to protect our people. Make use of covering fire a la Nines and have Crane cover us on entry. Anyone gets hit and we make use of Petals and a Medic order.

Neither situation is ideal obviously, both come with risks. Aborting is a no-go but if we can really hammer them fast and hard we might get out with minimal issue
>>
>>4854717
We still need to lose a rebel.
>>
>>4854727
Not bad, good thinking Anon.
>>
>>4854729
Cheers mate, feel free to throw out any ideas as they come to you. Right now though we're a little light on intel
>>
>>4854717

>>4854720
Isn’t Banshee currently engaged and Heavenly on intercept at the landing pad?

>>4854726
Bit of a tough spot time isn’t on our side now that heavy reinforcements are on the way.

At the end of the day, going loud is effectively going all in since theirs nothing between our squad and future reinforcements if they bypass heavenly or Banshee.

Splitting our squad is at most a speed bump and puts the onus on us to finish the job as fast as possible to avoid casualties beyond what is absolutely necessary.

Bugging out without termination is a poor start to things and more than likely to go badly.
>>
>>4854736
>Isn’t Banshee currently engaged and Heavenly on intercept at the landing pad?

Correct. I'm working off the assumption that Banshee can handle themselves and can - whilst in a tough spot - deal with their enemies to rendezvous with us if we do get trapped inside by enemy reinforcements.

There is a decent chance Heavenlys squad might have to bug out or hide for a time which would make things more difficult for us but (again assumption on my part) I don't see them fighting to the last man if a tactical retreat and re-engagement is possible.

If we DO get stuck inside after wiping out the governors squad we'll at least have the advantage of a choke point and intimately knowledge of what it takes to assault it. If just one of our other teams manages to assist from behind after we get stuck we should be fine. If not we're fucked probably. But that's the risk of the mission at the end of the day.

I agree with you that splitting the team is not the best avenue for the reasons you've already stated. It'll drag things out and probably be of minimal help.
>>
>>4849378

>>4854717
As we all know, the Black Company has plenty of experience in dispatching Legions.
>>
>>4854717
>“Recommend mission abort. Will move to assist Banshee and proceed to extraction.” Having gatecrashed the governor’s little party, your men slip away with minimal resistance. The death of the governor is a nice bonus, but not worth risking your men’s lives over. No alien is. Besides, you’ve achieved a modicum of chaos and alarm in your attack tonight as it is. [Xenophobe]
>>
>>4854717
>>“Going in loud, going in proud. We’ll have the governor for you in just a minute.” Striking now, with everything you’ve got, is your best shot at killing the governor and extracting before reinforcements can arrive. It will be a hard fight, but if you wanted the easy life you wouldn’t have donned the black. [Daredevil]

We needed slave casualties anyways.

me >>4849730
>>
>>4854740
I dunno that analysis seems counter to Heavenlys attitude at heavy reinforcements at least as far as a by shenanigans go instead of a straight firefight, hopefully Banshee is capable of at handling themselves as things stand.

I may have oversold how detrimental I think splitting the team is, it could likely end up increasing our casualties for the mission but it may be the better option for at least tenuously securing a exit path without other squads coming to assist.

All in all going in loud keeps the squad together and is hopefully the best choice at this point.
>>
>>4854749
>All in all going in loud keeps the squad together and is hopefully the best choice at this point.

Agreed

>it could likely end up increasing our casualties for the mission but it may be the better option for at least tenuously securing a exit path without other squads coming to assist.

Possibly but if this fortress is so hard to crack, us going in undermanned is a pretty huge risk I think. We'll need every man we can get and we should be able to figure out an escape afterwards.

>that analysis seems counter to Heavenlys attitude at heavy reinforcements at least as far as a by shenanigans go instead of a straight firefight,

Yeah fair, he does seem pretty gung-ho. I forgot his attitude is basically "I can't die until God deems it my time to go" so I suppose he will be fighting to the last man if that's what it takes. I'm more relying on Banshee to help out if things get hairy towards the end.

As I said though, we're pretty light on intel right now so it's a hard choice to make.
>>
>>4854752
If this fortress was more readily garrisoned I’d be more concerned but we’re tracking whatever ragtag security detail the governor managed to stick with so its effectiveness is likely minimised but I could be wrong. You may be right about having the whole squad with us too escape but without anyone or anything to perform delaying tactics the time we have to secure an exit is less then I would like it to be.
>>
>>4854756
Yeah I mean you make a fair point. This is going to be a bit of a shitshow one way or the other. We're basically hedging our bets on either the assault or the extraction, I don't think we're going to get an easy time on both unless we end up blessed by the dice gods
>>
>>4854717
>>
>>4854717

We're at the mercy of the dice gods anyway, might as well make it count.

me >>4849345
>>
>>4854717

Let's finish the job.

>>4849539
>>
>>4854717
>>“Going in loud, going in proud. We’ll have the governor for you in just a minute.” Striking now, with everything you’ve got, is your best shot at killing the governor and extracting before reinforcements can arrive. It will be a hard fight, but if you wanted the easy life you wouldn’t have donned the black. [Daredevil]
>>
>>4854717

If I may offer a possible wetwork strategy

> Force the ballroom guests you just waded through to stampede through the chokepoint forcing the Savis to gun them down or sort through them. Then use the distraction to hit them where they ain't looking [Xenophobe]

Something like this

>>4849482
Verification
>>
>>4854717

>>4849600
Frist post dust..
>>
>>4854826
Oh my....
>>
>>4854826
I like your thinking.
>>
>>4854717

time to bring the pain krieggers

>>4849623
First post
>>
>>4854826
That's a very mongol strategy. Let's do it.
>>
>>4854826
Yes some sort of human shield strategy might actually be a smart move.
>>
>>4850708
first post
HAHAHA no. The other teams are apparently doing well enough, and we haven't suffered any injuries to our squad yet.
>“Splitting the squad, spreading the pain. Beta section will hold position here, Alpha will reinforce Banshee.” Reinforced with a second squad, you’ll have a much better shot at storming the governor’s redoubt. You -should- be able to eliminate the target before reinforcements arrive, but extraction will be that much more difficult. [Firebrand]
Tempting, but I feel that two dropships worth of legionaries will give us more trouble as we attempt to extract than this manse will. Besides, I'd rather face a sizable force head-on instead of showing my back to it.
Hard and fast. Keep an eye out for ways out. In fact, keep an eye out for structural support nodes and plant a few charges around them. If we get bogged down long enough that the legionaries show up, I would like to bury as many of them as possible once we get clear.
As an addendum,
> Force the ballroom guests you just waded through to stampede through the choke-point forcing the Savis to gun them down or sort through them. Then use the distraction to hit them where they ain't looking [Xenophobe]
Its up to the guards if they will shoot the guests. If they dont, we get closer without a problem. If they do shoot, we still have a few meat-shields and if word gets out, it will at-least make the planetary guards look more incompetent, which increases the odds of legions being sent to the planet, fulfilling out mission.
>>
>>4854826
Holy fuck, sure let go with that.
>>
>>4854717

>>4849382
Me.
>>
>>4854717

Actually, >>4854826 this seems like it may work. I didn't read it before voting but I'll switch to this.

>>4849382
Me.
>>
>>4854826
You're an evil genius supporting this.
>>4850049
My ID
>>
>>4854826
Oh god, this is the orphan debacle again...

I love it! I support this plan.

>>4849353
Again, me.
>>
>>4854826
absolutely brutal. I love it.

>>4849328
me
>>
>>4854717
>>4854826
I'll support this. This is exactly what we need to get the upper hand for a tough battle and sow the seeds of slave rebellion.

>>4849522
Autism check, this is me.
>>
>>4854826
+1
>>
>>4854717
time to roll the dice

vilified by the 'tism
>>4849667
>>
>>4854826
Oh god, this is war crimes tier terrible and amazing.

changing from >>4854746
>>
>>4854826
Delightfully devilish, seymour
>>
>>4854826
>>Force the ballroom guests you just waded through to stampede through the chokepoint forcing the Savis to gun them down or sort through them, then get shot in the face because there like feet shorter than us. and Savis are presumably capable of looking up.
Moron.
>>
>>4854717
>>4854826
i'll back this

>>4850318
>>
>>4854717
>>4854826
Yes!
>>
The write-in has built up sufficient steam for it to be a contender against the Daredevil choice. I'll cast a revote now with the intention of providing an update in 12-14 hours.

Recast Vote

===================================

> Force the ballroom guests you just waded through to stampede through the chokepoint forcing the Savis to gun them down or sort through them. Then use the distraction to hit them where they ain't looking. Herding the hostages in this manner will take time. [Xenophobe+]
>>
>>4855666
> Force the ballroom guests you just waded through to stampede through the chokepoint forcing the Savis to gun them down or sort through them. Then use the distraction to hit them where they ain't looking. Herding the hostages in this manner will take time. [Xenophobe+]
>>
>>4855666

>>4849482
Verification
>>
>>4855666
>Force the ballroom guests you just waded through to stampede through the chokepoint forcing the Savis to gun them down or sort through them. Then use the distraction to hit them where they ain't looking. Herding the hostages in this manner will take time. [Xenophobe+]

I’m concerned that this will take too long - but it’s a good way to sow additional chaos if we don’t get the Governor.

>>4849433
Linking back
>>
>>4855666

>>4849623
there's me
>>
>>4855666
Seriously; the guys probably know "HOLD YOUR FIRE" and "AIM FOR THE TALL ONES!"
>>4849573
>>
>>4855666
>> Force the ballroom guests you just waded through to stampede through the chokepoint forcing the Savis to gun them down or sort through them. Then use the distraction to hit them where they ain't looking. Herding the hostages in this manner will take time. [Xenophobe+]

>>4849539
>>
>>4855666

I love the other idea, but I love it if we're going with no witnesses. I think it'll limit our tactics (can't go filling the room with nades if its already full of civvies) and as other anons have pointed out, we're much taller and the guards are professionals, they don't have to gun down their own people
>>
>>4855666
>>
>>4855666
Wetwork strategy - capture some nobles to be sold as slaves by "Pirates working with the rebels" - presumably there are spies in the rebellion, so that's gonna get out anyways.

Pull away the captured nobles from the event, forcing guards to choose between rescuing the gov or the nobles. If we're lucky, we could snag someone more important than the governor even.
>>
>>4855827
I doubt the governors guards are going to pick other nobles over him. I get the impression that he himself is a noble. Sure the others will have their own guards but I don't think that's going to change anything.

Not to mention that trying to sell Savis in this regions space is a seriously bad idea whilst we're on planet operating
>>
>>4855807
Yeah but we can stay ducked and in the crowd until we can pop the trap. And then use the confusion and surprise to get out an attack whilst simultaneously getting into a better position.

Not like we're going to stand in the middle of the hall and shoot.
>>
File: SLURP.jpg (40 KB, 294x276)
40 KB
40 KB .jpg
>>4855843
>Yeah but we can stay ducked and in the crowd
The crowd of four foot tall fox/rats. That crowd.
>>
>>4855855
Its simple anon, we will enter the room on our knees wearing cat ears. The enemy will never suspect a thing!
>>
>>4855666

anons raise a good point about the height, might also solve the friendly casualties issue in one go.

>>4849328
Verification
>>
>>4855858
>Its simple anon, we will enter the room on our knees
Pretty sure we'll still be taller than them. Especially the kids, assuming Boot left any.
>>
>>4855871
Hands and knees then anon, hands and knees with our guns and knives in our mouths. We can do this. No we can't. It's a fun plan for another mission though. Maybe with taller hostages and shittier guards
>>
>>4855666

My only issue with the write in is that it may take too much time.
>>
>>4855807
>>4855870
>>4855871

But we don't have to be in the crowd at all they're just a distraction while we go in another way. The guards will have to deal with the civvies especially if we fire a few shots at them as the stampede starts they won't know if we're in the crowd of civvies or not, they don't know who we are.

Besides charging into prepared enemy positions is the same move that lost Goldie his leg and while yes we want to lose a slave, odds are good we'll lose one of our guys.
>>
>>4855666

the height and time difference aren't worth the novelty of the other idea
>>
>>4855666
>> Force the ballroom guests you just waded through to stampede through the chokepoint forcing the Savis to gun them down or sort through them. Then use the distraction to hit them where they ain't looking. Herding the hostages in this manner will take time. [Xenophobe+]
>>4854923
My ID mobile posting is pain.
>>
>>4855952
It's unlikely there are many if any other entrances considering this place is apparently designed as a choke point. Doesn't mean we have to charge in blindly.

> they won't know if we're in the crowd of civvies or not, they don't know who we are.

I imagine these professional guards know the difference between their own people and us, especially given that their people are savis nobles and we're a rag-tag bunch of "slaves" made up of mostly humans and dressed to fit the part. Wont be difficult to tell us apart at all
>>
>>4855837
We don't actually have to sell them, ransoming them back is also an option.

Mostly it's just a reason to draw away the *other nobles* guards, the ones that are there in addition to the governers personal guards.

Easier fight.
>>
>>4856019
Ransoming them back has exactly the same issue but worse. At that point you're directly dealing with the Savis themselves and the fake identity comes under closer scrutiny. We're trying to sell the idea of a slave rebellion and whilst sure, slaves might capture and ransom/sell some nobles, getting close enough to make those deals is hugely risky with very little benefit
>>
Hey Forgotten I was wondering about a mechanic. This is probably too cheesy and unfair to allow but is it possible we could use the "Bring it Down" order to target the governor instead of the most lethal hostile?

Theoretically if that was allowed, we could storm in, use "Bring it Down" on the Gov, and then extract with no further fighting needed. Assassination done, mission complete. Still wouldn't be an easy fight but we'd complete our mission objective. I wouldn't be shocked to see you say no to that though
>>
>>4855666

Verification: >>4849626
>>
>>4855666
>“Going in loud, going in proud. We’ll have the governor for you in just a minute.” Striking now, with everything you’ve got, is your best shot at killing the governor and extracting before reinforcements can arrive. It will be a hard fight, but if you wanted the easy life you wouldn’t have donned the black.
>>
>>4856023
Have the BC get hired to deal with the pirates as fellow humans, successfully haggling for a reduced ransom.

Do a dance for getting paid three times.
>>
>>4855666
>Force the ballroom guests you just waded through to stampede through the chokepoint forcing the Savis to gun them down or sort through them. Then use the distraction to hit them where they ain't looking. Herding the hostages in this manner will take time. [Xenophobe+]

>>4849522
Me
>>
>>4855666
I liked the mongol tactic, but it'll take time we don't have.
>>
>>4855666
>>
>>4855952
>The guards will have to deal with the civvies
"HOLD YOUR FIRE!"
>>4855952
>they won't know if we're in the crowd of civvies or not, they don't know who we are.
"AIM FOR THE TALL ONES!"
>>
>>4855666
>>
>>4855666

Regardless of them merely having to aim up a little, the stampede may jostle them and interfere with their aim, it IS a narrow chokepoint. Or we could use the stampede to breach at another point while the soldiers guarding the chokepoint are distracted.

Also, nice triple 6's.

>>4849382
Me.
>>
>>4855666

have your remote, Satan.
me >>4849345
>>
>>4855666

>>4849353
Me.
>>
Even if the Savs are too short to block shots, they can still trip booby traps.

https://youtu.be/FYEpih1T4wI
>>
>>4855666
>>
>>4855666
>>
>>4855666
>>4849803
Literally me
>>
>>4855855
Damn dude I can crouch down to around four feet and maintain a decent running speed. What the fuck is wrong with your spine and knees?
>>
>>4856603
Record yourself doing this and I'll vote for whatever you want next
>>
>>4856604
>prove it
I would if I could but my phone's battery doesn't hold charge when in action because it's around eight years old.

>inb4 yeah you're talking out your ass
Really though, just bend your knees into a half-squat and lean forward. If you're JUST trying to get your head down you can get down to around four feet and still be able to scurry. You could get even lower if you wanted to put a hand on the ground.
>>
>>4856610
I'm mostly just meming with the prove it shit, I don't care about the argument much. Even if that's the case though (just ate so I'm not trying it) it'd make wielding a weapon effectively pretty hard I think
>>
>>4856612
>it'd make wielding a weapon effectively pretty hard I think
Well yeah, you'd be doing it to reposition not fire. Not like you couldn't just hustle over to a tall enough obstacle or drop to a knee and shoulder your weapon though. But firing when at anything more than a jogging pace and you're probably fucking your aim anyway.

Unless you're Nines. Because mechanically perfect stability.
>>
File: Petal's Mom.jpg (194 KB, 1200x506)
194 KB
194 KB .jpg
I find it absolutely hilarious that the main objection to the write-in is not the awfulness of the morality of the situation, but the height difference.

>>4856603
>>4856604
I have to admit I laughed outloud when I read this.

>>4856030
I would certainly say no to that, Bring it Down is for the big targets and not a mechanical cheatcode for assasinating whoever you want. There are other skills for that.
>>
>>4856617
Yeah that's fair, I didn't think it was reasonable even when I asked about it
>>
>>4856617
>I find it absolutely hilarious that the main objection to the write-in is not the awfulness of the morality of the situation, but the height difference.
Priorities!
>>
>>4856617
>There are other skills for that.
we need these skills
>>
>>4856617
>Filename

Good one, I find it interesting that a t despite choosing the rules of war at the beginning of this mission we've gone for the option of using Civilians as an effective me a meatshield of sort which I'm pretty sure violates whatever Xenos pass a for a Geneva convention.

Not that I'm complaining any species that ain't standing with humanity can get fragged.
>>
>>4856641
Yeah that was part of the reason I was against it. That being said I think it's a hilarious and fantastic idea, I'd just prefer to see it implemented elsewhere
>>
>>4856627
Exile way of the gun and Unmake of the voidborn trees are a thing, personally I want Gun-fu.
>>
>SELECTED

“With all due respect, bosun, we are wasting precious time.” Crane chews out each word like it’s an unappetizing meal. “This is not going to work.”

“Why not?” You ask defensively, turning to snarl at a nobleman dragging his feet. “Keep it moving, aristo!”

“Well I never!” You didn’t get as many hostages as you wanted, less than a dozen all up. The smarter ones had run for it the moment your merry band of murderers left the room, the smartest of them had probably fled before even that. Still, it’ll do.

“For one thing, leaving aside the gross breach of Company regs, we cannot expect the guards to do anything other than mow them all down.” Crane talks slowly, as if explaining how high-calibre mag rounds work to a child. “For another, even if they do not kill the hostages anyway, all we have achieved is throwing more bodies into the mix before our assault. It is not possible for us to use them to compromise the position.”

“Convict did suggest strapping some explosives to the little buggers.” You grin, glad Crane hasn’t clued on to what the real plan is. If he doesn’t see it coming, they probably won’t either. “Don’t worry, I told him no.”

“はい, I can see that ending poorly.” Crane doesn’t actually shudder per se, but all it would have taken is one hostage deciding to go all heroic and -bam- no more Vinehound squad. “But we cannot sneak in with the hostages either.”

“Really?”

“ このばかげたクソ雌犬... There is a slight problem with that.” Crane plants and arm on the head of one of the alarmed hostages, emphasising his point. “A problem of the vertical variety. You and I would certainly stand out.”

“Absolutely.”

“How ca-“ Crane pauses mid-sentence. “You agree?”

“100%.”

“We cannot infiltrate the governor’s position with the hostages?” Your Second phrases it more like a question, less sure of himself now that you’re actually agreeing with him.

“You’re right on the creds, pal.” You cross your arms smugly. We can’t.”

“Then who…” Crane follows your gaze towards the rebel fighters. In particular one diminutive disgraced noble that goes by name of Jorus, son of Fisk. The grey-furred Sav notices your look, ears twitching in a flurry as he glances between you and the suddenly-thoughtful Crane. "...I see."

“…why fight-slave look-spy at us like that?”

==========================================================

[1/2]
>>
>>4856646
Yeah that sharpshooter strategem on its own is pretty good. A DC 50 shot at inflicting a casualty right off the bat
>>
File: Black Company 2230AD.jpg (175 KB, 900x572)
175 KB
175 KB .jpg
[2/2]

>Hostiles benefit from Entrenched Position (+15AV) until 3 Successes (over any number of rounds) are rolled
>Tac Analysis not required. The enemy must Hold Position, they have no other options.

Combat Effectiveness - Vinehound Squad vs Daskar Governor’s Honour Guard
Vinehound Squad Combat Effectiveness = +75DC [Untested +0DC, SGT Snake Eyes +10DC, CPL Crane +7DC, SIG Night Night +4DC, GNR Nines +12DC, SPR Convict +7DC, MDC Petal +3DC, Trooper Bones +5DC, Trooper Husk +5DC, Trooper Boot +5DC, Trooper Remember Seven +5DC, Rebel Jorus +4DC, Rebel Reed +4DC, Rebel Ixx’Ixx +4DC]
Friendly Re-Rolls = Untested +0, Shrapnel Grenades +1

VS

Hostile Combat Effectiveness = +49DC Estimate [Primus Pilus Pectash-Kereer ‘Slaughter-In-Sleep’ +10DC, Lesser Decturion +4DC, Honoured Standardbearer +3DC, Legionnaire I +4DC, Legionnaire II +4DC, Legionnaire III +4DC, Legionnaire IV +4DC, Legionnaire V +4DC, Legionnaire VI +4DC, Legionnaire VII +4DC, Legionnaire VIII +4DC, Armed Nobles ? Pect’Max Bodyguards ? Human Auxiliaries ? Revealed after combat commences
Hostile Re-Rolls = Untested +0, Shrapnel Grenades +1 (will use despite guests)

Firefight: First Round Estimated
> 50 DC
> Friendly Combat Effectiveness +75 DC
> Hostile Combat Effectiveness -49
> 76 DC

====================

FIREFIGHT VOTES
(1) Select Squad Tactic
>SELECTED: Wetwork Ploy
_
(2) Select Strategem (ONE MAX).
> Tactical Analysis (∞): N/A Hostiles are out of options. They must use Hold Position.
>Lead by Example - Close Encounter (1/1): +1 Re-Roll to Firefight if using Shock Assault Tactic this round.
>Lead by Example - Wetwork (1/1): +1 Re-Roll to Firefight if using Wetwork Ploy Tactic this round.
>Lead by Example – Hold Position (1/1): +1 Re-Roll to Firefight if using Hold Position Tactic this round.

_
(3) Select Squaddie Orders (TWO MAX). (refer to advance firefight rules for specifics)
>CPL Crane ‘Watch My Back’ (2/2)
>GNR Nines ‘Covering Fire’ (3/3)
>MDC Petal ‘Medic!’ (∞)
>SPR Convict ‘Bring it Down’ (2/2)
>SIG Night Night Where the hell is our ride? (1/1) Likely a ride stolen by Prophet Squad.

-
(4) Attached Rebels
> [Rebel Assets]
> [Expendable Rebels]

_
(5) Firefight Round 2
> “You and you, listen up. When I give the word I want a Whitelake window-wash on the east side.” Select two squaddies (not rebels), they will scale the walls while the firefight is ongoing. You do not benefit from their DC or orders this round. Next round Wetwork Ploy is auto-selected and the DC of these squaddies are doubled. [Round 2: Wetwork Ploy]

> “Hustle up. We go in fast and we hit them hard. Everyone fights, no one quits. Black Hearts. Cold Steel. Dark Deeds.” It’s going to be up the guts until we can get past their first line of defence. These first few moments of combat will be decisive. [Round 2: Shock Assault, GAIN +1 Firefight Re-Roll for Round 1 & 2].
>>
>>4856627
>>4856646
>>4856648

I'll dump the skill trees if it assists.
>>
>>4856649
>Lead by Example - Wetwork (1/1): +1 Re-Roll to Firefight if using Wetwork Ploy Tactic this round.

Since they must use Hold Position, Wetwork is the smart choice. It provides us an advantage on our attack +15DC, +1 Firefight Re-Roll. +1 Hostile Casualty

(3) Select Squaddie Orders (TWO MAX). (refer to advance firefight rules for specifics)

Lets start out by getting inside safely, then we can focus fire

(4) Attached Rebels
> [Rebel Assets]

Once we're inside we can start putting them in the line of fire

(5) Firefight Round 2
> “You and you, listen up. When I give the word I want a Whitelake window-wash on the east side.” Select two squaddies (not rebels), they will scale the walls while the firefight is ongoing. You do not benefit from their DC or orders this round. Next round Wetwork Ploy is auto-selected and the DC of these squaddies are doubled. [Round 2: Wetwork Ploy]

Bones and Boot
>>
>>
File: Exile Academy skill tree.png (3014 KB, 1920x1140)
3014 KB
3014 KB .png
>>
>>
File: images (17).jpg (47 KB, 531x471)
47 KB
47 KB .jpg
>>4856647
>Convict did suggest strapping some explosives to the little buggers
>Convict supports Jihad

I like convict.

>>4856648
Yeah its damn good, particularly when Eagle eye allows you to select the CAS target

>>4856649
(2) Select Strategem
>Lead by Example - Wetwork (1/1): +1 Re-Roll to Firefight if using Wetwork Ploy Tactic this round

(3) Select Squaddie Orders

(4) Attached Rebels
> [Expendable Rebels]

(5) Firefight Round 2
> “Hustle up. We go in fast and we hit them hard. Everyone fights, no one quits. Black Hearts. Cold Steel. Dark Deeds.” It’s going to be up the guts until we can get past their first line of defence. These first few moments of combat will be decisive. [Round 2: Shock Assault, GAIN +1 Firefight Re-Roll for Round 1 & 2].

Reminder we still need a dead rebel or Lt. Will give us shit, secondly Wetworks on round one is likely our advantage with Shock assasult in the second likely being a good bet.
>>
>>4856658
Convict is good people. His arrest and incarceration was a sham.
>>
>>4856662
So you're saying Convict did nothing wrong

I can wait to be proven wrong on that statement
>>
>>4856649

> [Expendable Rebels]

Husk+Boot.

me >>4849345
>>
>>4856658
Supporting this.

>>4849433
Linking back
>>
>>4856617
“THERE were two “Reigns of Terror,” if we would but remember it and consider it; the one wrought murder in hot passion, the other in heartless cold blood; the one lasted mere months, the other had lasted a thousand years; the one inflicted death upon ten thousand persons, the other upon a hundred millions; but our shudders are all for the “horrors” of the minor Terror, the momentary Terror, so to speak; whereas, what is the horror of swift death by the axe, compared with lifelong death from hunger, cold, insult, cruelty, and heart-break? What is swift death by lightning compared with death by slow fire at the stake?"
>>
Clearly anons are so moved by the plight of Dis that they commit crimes of passion lmao.
>>
>>4856658
Supportan
>>4849803
Verify
>>
>>4856649
> Primus Pilus Pectash-Kereer ‘Slaughter-In-Sleep’

There must be an interesting story there...

>>4856672
I support this plan.

>>4849353
Muh post.
>>
You know, this seems wildly excessive and slightly paradoxical, but imagine possessing both Bionics and Amplified Physique.....
>>
>>4856729
It's more than slightly paradoxical. imagine spending years in the gym and in the lab getting the most perfect physic, only to then replace your arms with bionic implants. It's straight up moronic and logically the implants would cancel out the genemods.
>>
File: Nanomachines, son.jpg (88 KB, 1024x576)
88 KB
88 KB .jpg
>>4856753
>
But yeah, I would struggle to make that particular combo work.
>>
>>4856649

(2)

(3)

(4)
> [Rebel Assets]

(5)

Remember Seven & Bones

>>4849482
Verification
>>
>>4856649

> [Expendable Rebels]

> “You and you, listen up. When I give the word I want a Whitelake window-wash on the east side.” Select two squaddies (not rebels), they will scale the walls while the firefight is ongoing. You do not benefit from their DC or orders this round. Next round Wetwork Ploy is auto-selected and the DC of these squaddies are doubled. [Round 2: Wetwork Ploy]:
Bones and Boot
>>
>>4856753
Mortal Kombat 2: Annihilation
>>
>>4856649
1:
>Wetwork Ploy

2:

3:

4:
> [Expendable Rebels]
now is the perfect time for casualties

5:
Bones and Remember-Seven

>>4850318
>>
>>4856649

> Covering fire
> Where's my car, dude?

> Expendable assets

> Wetwork ploy

>>4850421
Me.
>>
>>4856649
>>4856894
Boots and Convict go over the wall.
>>
>>4856790
Supporting this
>>4856011
My ID.
>>
>>4856649
Powergamer's choice: If we send Jorus in with the hostages and send the remaining two rebels to climb the wall (temporarily 'removing them' from the squad) maybe we'll get the 'Experienced Veterans' bonus back for this round?

I've just been passively following, not sure to what extent this rules lawyering is encouraged.
>>
>>4856957
Never mind, just noticed the 'not rebels' clause.
>>
>>4856649

(4) Attached Rebels
> [Expendable Rebels]

(5) Firefight Round 2

Bones and Boot

>>4849382
Me.
>>
>>4856649

> [Expendable Rebels]

> “You and you, listen up. When I give the word I want a Whitelake window-wash on the east side.” Select two squaddies (not rebels), they will scale the walls while the firefight is ongoing. You do not benefit from their DC or orders this round. Next round Wetwork Ploy is auto-selected and the DC of these squaddies are doubled. [Round 2: Wetwork Ploy]:
>>
>>4856649

(2) Select Strategem.

(3) Select Squaddie Orders

(4) Attached Rebels
> [Expendable Rebels]

(5) Firefight Round 2
Husk + Bones
>>
>>4857206
>>4849328

forgot to link back
>>
I see a lot of anons pick expendable rebels and covering fire together. Do they work together?
>>
>>4856649
>>4856790
+1
>>
>>4856649
>>4857322
Scrub my +1, changing to:
>>4856765
>>
>>4857250
wrong post anon. It's not necessary if your id hasn't changed anyway.
>>
>>4856649
> [Expendable Rebels]
Bones and Remember Seven.
>>
>>4856649
> [Rebel Assets]
> [Rebel Assets]

I want to choose rebel assets because I want Forgotten to write a "they expect one of us in the wreckage" type scene.
>>
File: SGT 'Snake Eyes'(...).jpg (5371 KB, 1587x3309)
5371 KB
5371 KB .jpg
>SELECTED
>(1) Squad Tactic: Wetwork Ploy
>(2) Strategem: Lead by Example - Wetwork (1/1)
>(3) Squaddie Orders: CPL Crane ‘Watch My Back’ (2/2) AND GNR Nines ‘Covering Fire’ (3/3)
>(4) Expendable Rebels: Rebels appear twice on the Cas table. Hostiles gain +1 Firefight Re-Roll
>(5) Firefight Round 2: “You and you, listen up. When I give the word I want a Whitelake window-wash on the east side.” Select two squaddies (not rebels), they will scale the walls while the firefight is ongoing. You do not benefit from their DC or orders this round. Next round Wetwork Ploy is auto-selected and the DC of these squaddies are doubled. [Round 2: Wetwork Ploy]
>Wetwork Ploy vs Hostile Hold Position ADVANTAGE +15DC, +1 Hostile Casualty
>Hostiles: Entrenched Position +15AV (Removed after 3 firefight success over any number of rounds)
>Hostile Order: Human Auxiliary Gunner ‘Covering Fire!’ -1 Hostile Casualty

Vinehound Squad Combat Effectiveness = +65DC [Untested +0DC, SGT Snake Eyes +10DC, CPL Crane +7DC, SIG Night Night +4DC, GNR Nines +12DC, SPR Convict +7DC, MDC Petal +3DC, Trooper Bones (N/A) +0DC, Trooper Husk +5DC, Trooper Boot (N/A) +0DC, Trooper Remember Seven +5DC, Rebel Jorus +4DC, Rebel Reed +4DC, Rebel Ixx’Ixx +4DC]
Friendly Re-Rolls = Untested +0, Shrapnel Grenades +1, Lead by Example +1, ADVANTAGE +1

VS

Hostile Combat Effectiveness = +74DC [Primus Pilus Pectash-Kereer ‘Slaughter-In-Sleep’ +10DC, Lesser Decturion +4DC, Honoured Standardbearer +3DC, Legionnaire I +4DC, Legionnaire II +4DC, Legionnaire III +4DC, Legionnaire IV +4DC, Legionnaire V +4DC, Legionnaire VI +4DC, Legionnaire VII +4DC, Legionnaire VIII +4DC, Princeling Yuruf, son of Baar +2DC, Viscount Weal, son of Weal +2DC, Pect’Max Bodyguard I +8DC, Human Auxiliary Apothecary +3DC, Human Auxiliary Gunner +10DC]
Hostile Re-Rolls = Shrapnel Grenades +1 (will use despite guests), Expendable Rebels +1

[1/2]
>>
File: Pect'Max Territories.png (624 KB, 797x522)
624 KB
624 KB .png
[2/2]

Firefight: First Round
> 50 DC
> Friendly Combat Effectiveness +65 DC
> Hostile Combat Effectiveness -74
> Wetwork Ploy: Ghosthelms +10DC
> Shrapnel Grenades +1 Re-Roll
> ADVANTAGE +15DC, +1 Re-Roll, +1 Hostile Casualty
> Lead by Example (Wetwork) +1 Re-Roll
> ‘Watch My Back’ Squaddie Order SGT Snake Eyes takes no injury from Firefight Cas Rolls
> ‘Covering Fire’ Squaddie Order -1 Friendly Casualty
> ‘Covering Fire’ Hostile Order -1 Hostile Casualty
> Hostile Shrapnel Grenades +1 Adverse Re-Roll
> Hostile ‘Expendable Rebels’ +1 Adverse Re-Roll
> 66 DC

Critical Fail = +1 Friendly Casualty at +1 Severity. Leadership Roll to prevent rout/surrender.
Double Fail = +1 Friendly Casualty.
0 = 2 Friendly Casualties. 0 Hostile Casualties.
1 = 1 Friendly Casualty. 1 Hostile Casualty.
2 = 0 Friendly Casualties. 2 Hostile Casualties.
3 = 0 Friendly Casualties. 3 Hostile Casualties.
Double Pass = +1 Hostile Casualty at +1 Severity.
Crit-pass = All Hostile Causalities inflicted this round are KIA. Hostile Leadership required to prevent rout/surrender.

3 rolls of 1d100, kriggers. You have THREE re-rolls. Hostiles have TWO adverse re-rolls.

_
Lead by Example: Wetwork Test
>50 DC
>Maglock Pistol +5DC
>Maw & Claw +1 Wetwork Re-Roll
>Ghosthelm +1 Wetwork Re-Roll
>Singular Focus +1 Re-Roll (single use)
>Venomous: Hostiles must re-roll 1 successful AV save
>Predator Quirks: +1 Hostile Casualty Severity
>All Predator Quirks Unlocked: Each lethal hostile casualty inflicted has a 66% chance of inflicting a further casualty.
>55 DC

Critfail = From Predator to Prey. Reduce Vitals by 1 degree. No save.
Double Fail = That hurt. Take an AV save.
0 = Looks like it’s going to be the hard way… Take an AV save. Locked in Close Encounter next round.
1 = Troublesome quarry. No effect.
2 = No such thing as a fair fight. +1 Hostile Casualty.
3 = Killing Spree. +1 Hostile KIA. +1 Hostile Casualty.
Double Pass = That’s how it’s done! +1 Hostile Casualty
Critical Pass = Curious is the trap-makers art...

3 rolls of 1d100, kriggers. You have THREE re-rolls.

That is SIX rolls of 1d100 in total.

Execute Order DC 66
>>
Rolled 66 (1d100)

>>4858134
>>
Rolled 2 (1d100)

>>4858134
lets do this
>>
Rolled 98 (1d100)

>>4858134
>>
Rolled 68 (1d100)

>>4858134
>>
Rolled 100 (1d100)

>>4858139
Rerolling, I want the Batman recreation
>>
Rolled 61 (1d100)

>>4858134
Am I ok to roll since I rolled on the last one? 6 rolls so I assume so but if not feel free to disregard this one
>>
>>4858141
god dammit. man.
>>
Rolled 25 (1d100)

>>4858136
Wow, straight off the bat...

Hostiles are using 'Expendable Rebels' to attempt to counter this success. >>4858138
>>
>>4858136
>Execute order 66

Ha!

We're in danger
>>
>>4858141
Nvm. I'm never rolling again. Didn't think I'd top >>4858139
>>
File: 1462615114506.jpg (5 KB, 125x123)
5 KB
5 KB .jpg
>>4858141
>>
File: oXS7Um0.jpg (114 KB, 720x496)
114 KB
114 KB .jpg
>>4858141
Ah hell
>>
>double fails AND critfail

when things go bad for snake eyes they REALLY go bad
>>
>>4858146

Bad krigger. BAD. No treat.

Somebody take away his RNG...
>>
>>4858151
Pretty sure that 66 is a success

>>4858141
Bruh...
>>
>>4858151
Its at least a double pass. Right on the DC.
>>
Rolled 57 (1d100)

>>4858134
I think we're short one roll so here goes
>>
>>4858151

How is it a double fail?

The 66 is a double pass, and making the 100 (a critfail) ALSO a double fail is superfluous.
>>
Rolled 53 (1d100)

>>4858142
Using one of the re-rolls for this trash
>>
Can someone reroll the Lead by example test because right now we are at 0 succ.
>>
>>4858154
>>4858155
Yeah my bad I got caught in the rolls rather than reading forgotten post like fool.

At least that means we only critfailed one section
>>
Rolled 40 (1d100)

>>4858140
Reroll
>>
One more re-roll to go, lets clutch it out
>>
>>4858168
I think we should save it, it's single use and we probably need it after this fail
>>
Rolled 40 (1d100)

>>4858157
I'm going to reroll
>>
File: men shall die for this.jpg (439 KB, 1380x965)
439 KB
439 KB .jpg
Rolled 76 (1d100)

>>4858151
Actually, the 66 is on the DC so it's a double pass.

>>4858136
>>4858138
>>4858139
>>4858141
>>4858144
>2 Success: 2 Hostile Casualties.
>Double Pass: +1 Hostile Casualty at +1 Severity
>Crit Fail: +1 Friendly Casualty at +1 Severity. Leadership Roll to prevent rout/surrender.

As it CURRENTLY stands, thanks to Covering fire you don't actually take any casualties. So I'm going to try and use Hostile 'Shrapnel Grenades' to again try and counter this pass.
>>4858138 >>4858144

Come on, bring on the ol' BCQ cas table...
>>
>>4858174
You still have TWO firefight re-rolls left. It is up to 'bjtToiw1D' anon whether he uses none, one or both re-rolls to attempt to undue the current 76 result.

>>4858140
>>4858165
>>4858142
>>4858161
>>4858157
>>4858170
>Wetwork: 3 Success

So it's not ALL bad
>>
On the bright side, never a better time to push out some rebels up front.
>>
Guys Should i expend the reroll? We specifically chose expendable rebels for a casualty.

>>4858174
Boss, will our Covering fire cancel the first normal casualty or the +1 Sev Casualty.
>>
>>4858179
>We specifically chose expendable rebels for a casualty.
This is true, but I'm pretty sure that morale check is for everybody, so it depends whether we should risk a rout.
>>
>>4858180
My understanding is that we'll need to roll for that leadership test anyways.
>>
>>4858179
I'm torn we need a rebel CAS but at the same time that morale check may bite us.

I say don't reroll I guess
>>
>>4858179
I vote reroll and focus on winning.
>>
>>4858179
I say reroll so that maybe you get a critpass and undo my mistake lmao
>>
>>4858179
It will cover the less severe casualties first. You will still need to take a leadership test in any event, but I would think it would be significantly boosted by the fact that no one actually got hit.
>>
In that case, the chance of potentially having a rebel die off definitely doesn’t seem worth the greater risk of a route.

Go for it!
>>
>>4858186
Oh hey does that mean all the civvies got minced by the grenades? I guess meatshields ARE a viable tactic!
>>
Rolled 84 (1d100)

Rerolling to counter >>4858174
>>
>>4858193
lololol
>>
>>4858193
Honestly anon? Try again. Lets clutch it out. I want to see you roll a 1. You can do it. And honestly, the more successes the better right now. We need to as many to survive as possible. Need to thin their numbers
>>
>>4858193
Just not.

I will be choosing to save the last reroll which should be our grenades.
>>
>>4858193
One last chance...
>>
>>4858193
ROW ROW FIGHT THE POWAH

ROLL THE UNROLLABLE RE-ROLL THE ROLL
>>
>>4858193
I've consulted the Gods' omens, and they have shown me that the next reroll will be a 1.
>>
File: 1436071505899.jpg (16 KB, 221x261)
16 KB
16 KB .jpg
Rolled 6 (1d100)

>>4858193
>>4858198
Alright fine, guess i'll roll anyways.

Here we go then.

Void Father bless this roll.
>>
>>4858203
Ayyyy not bad anon, not a crit but worth it
>>
>>4858203
So close. Very, very nice.
>>
File: 1597733678030.jpg (71 KB, 400x418)
71 KB
71 KB .jpg
>>4858203
I can smell the tide turning
>>
>>4858203
FIGHT THE POWAH
>>
Honestly, 3 hostile casualties and 0 of ours is one of the most benign crit fails I can imagine.

Good times.
>>
>>4858205
Should see that first initial roll. So damn close.

And i'd want to see how a crit pass and crit fail both work at the same time.
>>
>>4858208
Yeah we really are blessed. For a crit fail we fucking crushed it
>>
>inb4 nat 100 morale check
>>
>>4858208

Plus, isn't Snake Eyes about to go all cracked-out aimbot on the foe?
>>
Rolled 12, 20, 73, 79, 26 = 210 (5d100)

>>4858198
Very well then. This should be fun.

>>4858203
...well shit

>>4858136
>>4858138
>>4858144
>>4858174
>>4858193
>>4858139
>>4858141
>>4858203
Firefight
>2 Success: 0 Friendly Casualty. 2 Hostile Casualty.
>Crit fail: +1 Friendly Casualty at +1 Severity. Leadership Roll to prevent rout/surrender.
> Hostile 'Covering Fire' -1 Hostile Casualty
> 'Covering Fire' -1 Friendly Casualty
> Results: 1 Hostile Casualty at +1 Severity, 1 Hostile Casualty

>>4858140
>>4858165
>>4858142
>>4858161
>>4858157
>>4858170
Lead by Example - Wetwork
>3 Success: Killing Spree. +1 Hostile KIA. +1 Hostile Casualty.

And I was so amping up for the cas roll...

======================

Firefight Hostile Casualty 1: Legionnaire III Optimal
>Imperial Combat Vest +30AV
>Entrenched Position +15AV
>Double Pass: +1 Severity
>45AV

QM rolling 5d100.
>>
>>4858208
I like to think of it going like this

>Civvies get mulched so badly everyone is just like “holy shit what the frak”
>Meanwhile snake eyes is just doing her best Batman impression

Truely unless we fail the leadership check we got off easily
>>
>>4858212
Yeah by my count 5 hostile casualties (with 1 at +1 severity) and 1 hostile KIA right off the bat and none of our guys even got hit.

"Oh no they're shooting at us, we're stuck, we need to surrender or flee... psych"
>>
File: Savis Legionnaire 2.jpg (12 KB, 236x307)
12 KB
12 KB .jpg
Rolled 81, 6, 41, 24 = 152 (4d100)

Firefight Hostile Casualty 2: Legionnaire IV Optimal
>45AV

QM rolling 4d100.
>>
Wouldn’t Advantage make for three firefight casualties?
>>
Oh, Forgotten... We have rolled three successes. Do they still get entrenched positions? Maybe the grenades flushed em out.
>>
Rolled 64, 63, 67, 78 = 272 (4d100)

>>4858217
FARK, you're right. Sorry.

Firefight Hostile Casualty 2: Legionnaire V Optimal
>45AV

QM rolling 4d100.
>>
>>4858215

I think we also have a 66% chance of doing an additional casualty since we got a fatality.
>>
File: 1612183745245.png (615 KB, 1500x2100)
615 KB
615 KB .png
Rolled 1, 37, 58, 12, 86 = 194 (5d100)

>>4858219
You only rolled 2 for the firefight?

Sorry lads, I have to bounce right now. But I will be back in about 2 hours for the leadership roll and write up. Nice clutching!

Lead by Example Hostile Casualty 1: Legionnaire I Optimal
>AUTO-KILL

Lead by Example Hostile Casualty 2: : Legionnaire II Optimal
>Predator Quirks +1 Severity
>Venomous +1 Adverse AV Re-Roll
>45AV

QM rolling 5d100.
>>
>>4858222
Oooh good point, nice catch. Man this could really be a slaughter
>>
>>4858223
Well damn, another lucky escape from Snake Eyes.

>>4858222
You do.

Give me 1 roll of 1d100.

>66DC
>>
>>4858214
>Civvies get mulched
*1000 yard stare*
In a slave revolt, slavers aren't civvies.

>>4858221
RIDDLED
>>
>>4858223
This is bullshit.

Damn paper armour.
>>
Rolled 6 (1d100)

>>4858225
>>
>>4858223
Goddamn rat bastard just walks us off, hope we’re not losing our touch with the cradler special.

>>4858226
Good point, I mean rats don’t count anyway.
>>
Rolled 45, 14, 96, 62, 87 = 304 (5d100)

>>4858229
Noice. Okay, I really gotta go.

Lead by Example Hostile Casualty 3: : Legionnaire V Optimal
>Predator Quirks +1 Severity
>Venomous +1 Adverse AV Re-Roll
>45AV

QM rolling 5d100.
>>
Do we have to roll for the venomous adverse reroll?
>>
I wonder if, if we keep rolling under 66, we can chain together casualties.
>>
Rolled 44 (1d100)

>>4858232
Venemous Re-Rolling the 45
>>
>>4858236
Unfortunately not, that would be a little crazy
>>
>>4858229

This may in fact be the first firefight we've had where things are over by the time Boot and Bones make their tactical entrance through the window.

"Uhhhh...wow guys. Like, there's so much blood."

"Most of it's because of Snake Eyes."

"Oh shit! Is the Sarge ok?"

"Oh yeah, not a scratch on her..."

"But... Ohhhhhh." *Proceeds to have nightmares about Snake Eyes under the bed.*
>>
Just breaking this down to make sure I have the numbers right. Firefight should be 4 casualties:

2 successes = 2 hostile causalities
1 doubles pass = +1 casualty
Advantage = +1 casualty
Total: 4

Lead by Example is 1 KIA and 1 Casualty

3 Successes = 1 KIA and 1 Casualty

Predator Perk = +1 Casualty (rolled under 66)

Grand total all combined: 6 Casualties and 1 auto-KIA

That's insane for the first round of combat, especially given we crit failed.
>>
Scratch one firefight casualty- the foe has covering fire.
Otherwise, definitely.
>>
>>4858241

Awwww yisssss...

Naw, son. That comes from playing RIGHT!

It'll be interesting to see what happens next turn. Something something two more squaddies with double strength.
>>
>>4858242
Oh right they do, well 5 is still pretty hefty

>>4858243
Yeah next round should be interesting. I wonder what the Xenos have up their sleeve.

Looking forward to the write up as well
>>
>>4858240
>Snake eyes
>>
>>4858213
> Firefight Hostile Casualty 1: Legionnaire III: Wounded (1/2 DC)
>>4858216
>Firefight Hostile Casualty 2: Legionnaire IV Stable
>>4858221
>Firefight Hostile Casualty 2: Legionnaire V DED
>>4858223
>Lead by Example Hostile Casualty 1: Legionnaire I DED

>Lead by Example Hostile Casualty 2: : Legionnaire II Opti- BULLSHIT

>>4858232
>Lead by Example Hostile Casualty 3: : Legionnaire V Critical

Pretty good overall.

Hostile Combat Effectiveness: 74DC -> 72-2-4-4-3 = 61DC

All things being equal, Our effective firefight DC next turn should be: 79DC if we use wetwork again and they use hold position.

This is rather important as we will not be able to lead by example again.
>>
> goes out
> comes back to a nat 100
> and another nat 1 save

I fucking hate 4chan dice.

>>4858252
> All things being equal, Our effective firefight DC next turn should be: 79DC if we use wetwork again and they use hold position.

Remember, we didn't have Bones and Boot this turn. Next Firefight round they'll give us double bonus, which puts us at 99 DC.

Oh, and with another Firefight success the Entrenched Position is gone.
>>
File: 652542754654.gif (2124 KB, 500x256)
2124 KB
2124 KB .gif
>anon critfails
>succeeds anyway
Wha
>>
File: Crossover Episode.png (3258 KB, 1918x1198)
3258 KB
3258 KB .png
>>4858213
>Legionnaire III is WOUNDED

>>4858216
>Legionaire IV is STABLE

>>4858221
>Legionnaire V is KIA

>>4858223
>Legionnaire I is KIA
>Legionnaire II is OPTIMAL

>>4858232
>Legionnaire VI is CRITICAL

========================

Leadership Test: Vinehound Squad Morale
>50 DC (Combat)
>Untested +0DC
>CPL Crane COMRADE +5DC
>SIG Night Night COMRADE +2DC
>GNR Nines COMRADE +2DC
>SPR Convict COMRADE +2DC
>MDC Petal COMRADE +2DC
> No one -actually- died... +1 Save
>Tranquil Gaze +1 Re-Roll, +5DC
>Transhuman +2DC
>70DC

Critfail = Every krigger for hiself! Vinehound squad ceases to be a functional unit. This is now about you getting out alive.
Double Fail = Shell-shocked... 1 random squaddie contributes no DC next firefight round.
0 = Disengage! I say again, disengage! Disengage AUTO-SELECTED for future combat rounds. If successfully disengage, a further leadership test is required if you wish to avoid aborting the mission. 1d3 random squaddies contribute no DC to future firefight rounds. Hostiles gain +1 Adverse Firefight Re-Roll to each future firefight round.
1 = We’re pinned down! Hold Position AUTO-SELECTED for the next combat round. You can use one squaddie order OR a stratagem (with heightened risk to yourself). 1d3 random squaddies contribute no DC to the next firefight round. Hostiles gain +1 Adverse Firefight Re-Roll.
2 = Vinehound, sound off! I’ve lost visual! The squads tactic next round is randomized. You can use stratagems OR squaddie orders, but not both. One random squaddie contributes no DC next firefight round.
3 = Come on you kriggers, you want to live forever?! Your ability to select tactics, strategems and squaddie orders is unaffected. 1 random squaddie doubles their DC next firefight round. Gain +1 Re-Roll (single use) to any future leadership roll of your choice.
Double Pass = Retreat? Hell! One random squaddie doubles their DC next firefight round.
Critpass = Black Hearts! Cold Steel! Dark Deeds! All squaddies contribute +3DC to the next firefight round. Gain +1 Firefight Re-Roll. Permanently gain +5DC to all future leadership rolls.

3 rolls of 1d100, NCOs. You have ONE re-roll. You have ONE save.

One can sometimes find clarity in madness, but only rarely...
>>
I don't require new rollers, I think there was plenty of fun being had there.
>>
Rolled 86 (1d100)

>>4858321
Shit yeaaaa
>>4849313
me
>>
Rolled 35 (1d100)

>>4858321
Emille and snake eyes meeting would be interesting
>>
Rolled 87 (1d100)

>>4858321
>>
Rolled 61 (1d100)

Verification: >>4849378

>>4858321
COME OOOOOOOOOOON DICE
>>
>>4858328
>>4858324
Shit well one of you re-roll. Keep the save for last
>>
Rolled 78 (1d100)

>>4858328
>>
I suggest to use the Re-roll and then employ the Save in case it's some kind of epic fail.
>>
Rolled 74 (1d100)

>>4858324
Re-rolling baaaaaaby
>>
>>4858331
>>4858324

Welp that sucks, may as well use a save for one of those
>>
>>4858324
>>4858328
Someone use the save and the other re-rolls

>snake eyes face when shit goes down
>>
I mean, since no new rollers were required I guess this Anon >>4858329 could count for the Re-roll?

I dunno, I'm just tryong to find a silver lining after a nat 100 and blowing a lot of Re-rolls on Wetwork LbE.
>>
>>4858338
Doesn't work like that anon, we can't game the system. That'd take the danger out of it. Re-rolls are done by original rollers. This isn't so bad though, we get 2 successes when one of them puts their hands up to use the Save (that can literally only be used right now so...)
>>
>>4858338
We aren’t routed yet and we put a big red hole in their defences, enough to put them on the bag leg even with crits and doubles.
>>
File: Leadership Test.png (193 KB, 500x647)
193 KB
193 KB .png
>>4858324
>>4858327
>>4858328
>>4858331
>>4858333
Not Snake Eyes best rolling, but far from her worst. I assume you'll use the save to bring that up to 2 success, there's literally no reason not to...

>2 Success: Vinehound, sound off! I’ve lost visual! The squads tactic next round is randomized. You can use stratagems OR squaddie orders, but not both. One random squaddie contributes no DC next firefight round.

As you also selected Wetwork for next round, I will still randomize the squad tactic selection but ensure Wetwork appears twice.

I require 1 roll of 1d11 to see who is unable to contribute to combat this round. Bones and Boot are not present. If a specialist is selected, you cannot use their orders. And yes, it can be also you that is affected.

1 = SGT Snake Eyes
2 = CPL Crane
3 = SIG Night Night
4 = GNR Nines
5 = SPR Convict
6 = MDC Petal
N/A = Trooper Bones
7 = Trooper Husk
N/A = Trooper Boot
8 = Trooper Remember Seven
9 = Rebel Jorus, son of Fisk
10 = Rebel Reed
11 = Rebel Ixx’Ixx

1 roll of 1d11. NEW ROLLER PLEASE.
>>
>>4858331
Using the save
>>
After this last roll I'm going to go make dinner and such before getting around to the narrative update. Expect that in a couple of hours from now.

>>4858344
There's a good lad.
>>
Rolled 11 (1d11)

>>4858343
>>
>>4858347
Oh hey the bug might bite it
>>
>>4858343
>Bones and Boot are not present
Weren't they supposed to join this round?
>>
>>4858347
And literally nothing of value was lost this round.

I wonder if we could leave him (her? them? Who the fuck knows bugs' genders) to fend off for himself to 'accidentally' cause his death...
>>
And frankly congrats to anons, by selecting the right tactics, strats and orders you may have blown your re-roll load but you managed to turn a potential disaster into a mere upset.

>>4858347
Of course it's the bug.

>>4858348
Nah, he's just not contributing DC next round. Either shell-shocked or typical bug bravery...

>>4858349
Next round.
>>
>>4858349
We’re still in the first round amigo.
>>
>>4858352
Dammit I literally read that they weren’t contributing

I need sleep.
>>
>>4858349
Sorry, what I mean to say is that they ARE participating in Round 2. But it doesn't make much sense to me for them to be affected by whatever the void kind of chaos scud-hits-the-atmocycler stuff was going on inside.
>>
File: Pect'Max.png (87 KB, 180x210)
87 KB
87 KB .png
“Alright you two, listen up.” As the wheels of your cunning plan begin to turn in motion, you motion Boot and Bones to your side. “When I give the word I want a Whitelake window-wash on the east side.”

“Whitelake window-wash.” Bones nods, reaffixing his mouthguard. “You got it, chief.”

Boot follows him without a word, peeling back from the main formation. She’s probably got a lot on her mind. Or she’s just focussed on killing as many Savs as humanly possible. You hope it’s the latter.

Hssk. This not make sense.” Husk mutters, a vaguely insulted tone present in his filtered voice. "Hssk. We do not have window on my homeworld. Is all underground. Hssk.

“That is, I think, the point mon petit cherub. They will break the windows, oui?”

Hssk. Well… Da, my people do like breaking things. Hssk. Still make no sense though…”

You signal for silence as the hostages are, somewhat reluctantly, corralled down the corridor to the barricades.

“Hsssskh!” The hostages hesitate as a dozen firearms are levelled at them, a vicious looking Pect’Max in black-gold armour clicking at them menacingly over the barricades. “If prey-thing ANY-thing take one step further, slaughter-slay all!”

“Wait-hold!” A somewhat higher pitched authoritative voice whines from out of your line of sight. “Barbaric parrot-pirate! Den-mother-sister-son is there-now!”

“Master-lord, is trap!” The head bodyguard seems adamant against opening the barricade defences for the hostages. You would be too in his shoes. If he wore shoes. “Cannot risk-gamble with master-lord’s defences! Slaughter-slay all says Pectash-Kereer!”

“Pectash-Kereer is not master here! Klip, son of Rork is!” Crane checks his watch as the hostages nervously inch closer to their supposed sanctuary. Shorn of his rebel rags, Jorus is so far unnoticed. “Have fight-guards check each one! Too-tall slave-things cannot hide there!”

“Hssssk-KAK-KAK-KAK.” The Pect’Max clicks in frustration, before acceding to the wishes of his charge. Clearly they think the present danger is not worth the risk that disobedience entails. “Come now, one at time! Flori, Dirn check each prey-thing. Rest of you, safe-watch!”

[1/4]
>>
File: Firefight 3.jpg (103 KB, 1244x700)
103 KB
103 KB .jpg
“Clear-safe. Quick-fast, sire, move along.” The foremost legionnaires check each noble hostage as fast as they can for concealed explosives or some other dangers. They’re halfway through the crowd when one notices that the grey-furred noble in front of him is wearing what appears to be makeshift combat armour underneath their puffed dinner jacket. A dinner jacket with bloody holes in it. “Wait-hold, you are not-“

Legionary armour is not cheaply made, but it stands no chance against a full-burst of Jorus’ newly-provided illicit weaponry delivered at point blank range.

“ ‘Ware! ‘Ware!” The other Legionnaire screams, diving back into cover just as the clatter of frag rounds clinking across the stone floor ring out. That’s when the scud really hits the atmocycler.

You would never have signalled for frags out with one of your own squaddies in the danger zone, but an expendable rebel is a different matter. You like the little veteran rodent, sure. But at the end of the day he’s not Company and he’s not human. That makes his safety pretty low on your list of priorities. That and the LT wants a body at the end of this…

Nines lets rip with their machine gun just as the enemy gunner answers with his own heavy weaponry, the ensuing cacophony between the two beggars belief.. Dust as thick as smoke builds in clouds as stone chips richocet across the hallway. Thunderous gunfire, shouted orders and screaming noncoms make it completely impossible to get a clear picture of what happens next. Sure as scud people are dead, but are they any of your people? The panicked chittering bug noises somewhere behind you indicate maybe. By the Green’s Gooch things were so much easier when dumbass bugs were all you had to deal with.

Hsshhk! Am taking heavy fire! Hsshhk!

“++Determination. Increasing rate of suppressive fire. Advisement. Friendly organics should consider minimising their target radius.++”

“I can’t see scud! Where’s the boss?!”

“Keep firing, 馬鹿!The gunso can handle herself!”

There she goes
There she goes again

“Merde!”

“Don’t worry. That one didn’t have your name on it. This next one doesn't either.”

“…excusez moi?”

As you steadily leopard-crawl forwards you catch scattered snippets of your fellow squaddies under fire as they try to snatch ground in the chaos, you’re entirely unsure of their status or position. Cradle’s Cunt If it wasn’t for your ghosthelm you couldn’t even be half-certain that you’re crawling in the right direction. Even the finely tuned high-tech environmental adjustors struggle to keep up with the rapid changes in light and sound. But they never lose sight of the hostiles previously tagged in your vision.

[2/4]
>>
File: Sav mook horror show.jpg (18 KB, 500x444)
18 KB
18 KB .jpg
Bit by bloody bit, inch by fragging inch, you crawl across the marble floor towards your target. High-cal rounds continuously zip just overhead, at one point you’re forced to clamber over a dismembered Sav while keeping your head down. You can’t tell if it was a Legionnaire or one of the hostages, there are few recognizable bits left. At least these Savs bleed red, unlike their avian allies. The blood from the corpse behind you makes you slick and wet, your crawl behinds more of a slide in the last few metres. You don’t have time to appreciate the irony of someone with your namesake quite literally slithering across the floor. You’re here, at the base of the first barricade. You can hear the clack of a magazine as the enemy finishes reloading, but when they get back up to open fire over the barricade they find a gore-drenched monster towering over them.
Your hand snaps out, quick as a Coilsnake and twice as tight, crumpling the Legionnaire’s unguarded throat in a crushing grip. You lift his small corpse up and use it as a shield as their comrade turns her horrified attention on you, firing from the hip as she retreats to the next line of defence. You nearly empty your mag pistol trying to finish them off as they run, but the little bitch has the luck of the Void. This time.

You discard the expired Legionnaire still in your clutch, his body hits the stone floor with a limp noise that is utterly lost in the chaotic exchange of gunfire all around you. You crouch down behind cover and lift the bottom of your ghosthelm up, wiping blood from your mouth. Damn Sav guts, you hope this cleans out easy. You look around and try to get your bearings, to little avail. No one seems to know where anyone is supposed to be now, as evidenced by the stray legionnaire retreating in your direction from behind you, still firing in bursts at where you presume some of your squad is located.

“Flori! Flori, cover-fire now!” The retreating Legionnaire has almost made it to this barricade.

“…” A predator knows not to move until the prey strays within reach.

“Throne’s teeth, Flori!! Where cover-fire?!” You wonder if Flori is the one you killed or the one that got away.

“…Flori?” The lone Legionnaire has his back right up against the barricade now, ear twitching as he elicits a plaintive whine “Flori, is you?”

“No, little prey-thing.” Your teeth are Wingshark sharp as you lean over the barricade. You don’t need the translator for this. You picked up a little Imperial yourself on the Cradle, once upon a time. “Not Flori.”

====================

[3/4]
>>
[4/4]

>Hostiles benefit from Entrenched Position (+15AV) until 3 Successes (over any number of rounds) are rolled (the AV bonus will be in effect until next round).
>Tac Analysis not required. The enemy must Hold Position, they have no other options.

Recalculated Combat Effectiveness - Vinehound Squad vs Daskar Governor’s Honour Guard
Vinehound Squad Combat Effectiveness = +81DC [Untested +0DC, SGT Snake Eyes +10DC, CPL Crane +7DC, SIG Night Night +4DC, GNR Nines +12DC, SPR Convict +7DC, MDC Petal +3DC, Trooper Bones +10DC, Trooper Husk +5DC, Trooper Boot +10DC, Trooper Remember Seven +5DC, Rebel Jorus +4DC, Rebel Reed +4DC, Rebel Ixx’Ixx +0DC]
Friendly Re-Rolls = Untested +0, Shrapnel Grenades +0

VS

Hostile Combat Effectiveness = +60DC Estimate [Primus Pilus Pectash-Kereer ‘Slaughter-In-Sleep’ +10DC, Lesser Decturion +4DC, Honoured Standardbearer +3DC, Legionnaire I (KIA) +0DC, Legionnaire II +4DC, Legionnaire III (Wounded) +2DC, Legionnaire IV (Stable) +3DC, Legionnaire V (KIA) +0DC, Legionnaire VI (Critical) +1DC, Legionnaire VII +4DC, Legionnaire VIII +4DC, Princeling Yuruf, son of Baar +2DC, Viscount Weal, son of Weal +2DC, Pect’Max Bodyguard I +8DC, Human Auxiliary Apothecary +3DC, Human Auxiliary Gunner +10DC]
Hostile Re-Rolls = Untested +0, Shrapnel Grenades +0

Firefight: Second Round
> 50 DC
> Friendly Combat Effectiveness +81 DC
> Hostile Combat Effectiveness -60
> 71 DC

=============================

FIREFIGHT VOTES
(1) Select Squad Tactic
> Vinehound, sound off! I’ve lost visual!: Squad Tactic will be random

_
(2) Select Strategem (ONE MAX). (I’ll take votes for this regardless of your vote for option 5)
> Tactical Analysis (∞): N/A Hostiles are out of options. They must use Hold Position.
>Lead by Example - Close Encounter (1/1): +1 Re-Roll to Firefight if using Shock Assault Tactic this round.
>Lead by Example - Wetwork (0/1): +1 Re-Roll to Firefight if using Wetwork Ploy Tactic this round.
>Lead by Example – Hold Position (1/1): +1 Re-Roll to Firefight if using Hold Position Tactic this round.

_
(3) Select Squaddie Orders (TWO MAX). (refer to advance firefight rules for specifics) (I’ll take votes for this regardless of your vote for option 5)
>CPL Crane ‘Watch My Back’ (1/2)
>GNR Nines ‘Covering Fire’ (2/3)
>MDC Petal ‘Medic!’ (∞)
>SIG Night Night Where the hell is our ride? (1/1) Likely a ride stolen by Prophet Squad.

-
(4) Attached Rebels
> [Rebel Assets]
> [Expendable Rebels]

_
(5) In the chaos of battle, the anvil of war…
> “Do I have to do everything myself?!” In the end, you are the most lethal thing here. [Can use Strategems]
> “Crane, come in! Crane, do you read?!” A warrior fights, a sergeant delegats. [Can use Orders]
>>
>>4858452
(2) Select Strategem (ONE MAX). (I’ll take votes for this regardless of your vote for option 5)
>Lead by Example - Wetwork (0/1): +1 Re-Roll to Firefight if using Wetwork Ploy Tactic this round.

Once again, Wetwork against Hold Position is the correct tactical choice. That advantage will save us

(3) Select Squaddie Orders (TWO MAX). (refer to advance firefight rules for specifics) (I’ll take votes for this regardless of your vote for option 5)

Protect our people but bring the pain. We need to add as much damage as possible right now

(4) Attached Rebels
> [Expendable Rebels]

Now is the time that they need to die. It doesn't synergize with the Covering Fire order but protecting our people is more important than killing a rebel

> “Crane, come in! Crane, do you read?!” A warrior fights, a sergeant delegats. [Can use Orders]

I think in this instance we need to reestablish order and protect the squad before we make any risky moves. Having Nines cover and Convict dole out some damage is more important than Snake Eyes sneaking around getting her own kills in the dark
>>
>>4858457
Didn't we already use that strategem, indicated by the (0/1)?
>>
>>4858457
Not only is our tactic this round random, we're out of Lead by Example - Wetwork charges

>>4858452
>No stratagem.
I don't want to use up LBE charges when we might not even use the corresponding tactic

No covering fire because we still need to lose a rebel

> [Expendable Rebels]
>>
Verification: >>4849378

>>4858452
(1) Select Squad Tactic

_
>N/A.
Since the Squad tactic is random, we should conserve these until we can 100% know we can use them.

_

-
(4) Attached Rebels
> [Expendable Rebels]

_
>>
>>4858457
Not only is our tactic this round random, we're out of Lead by Example - Wetwork charges

>>4858452
>No stratagem.
I don't want to use up LBE charges when we might not even use the corresponding tactic

Even though we need to lose a rebel, a casualty is not guaranteed to be one of them. Better to off one later.

> [Expendable Rebels]
>>
>>4858462
We did, although I've never noticed that it can only be used a limited number of times. Either way, if its between a strategem or an order we should be an order so it doesn't really matter
>>
>>4858452
>No stratagem.

> [Expendable Rebels]

>>
>>4858464
Supporting this.
>>
>>4858452
>FIREFIGHT VOTES
>(1) Select Squad Tactic
>> Vinehound, sound off! I’ve lost visual!: Squad Tactic will be random
>_
>(2) Select Strategem (ONE MAX). (I’ll take votes for this regardless of your vote for option 5)
>>Lead by Example - Close Encounter (1/1): +1 Re-Roll to Firefight if using Shock Assault Tactic this round.

I'm choosing for Orders but in on the off chance this wins, i'd rather this one be it.

>_
>(3) Select Squaddie Orders (TWO MAX). (refer to advance firefight rules for specifics) (I’ll take votes for this regardless of your vote for option 5)
>>GNR Nines ‘Covering Fire’ (2/3)
>>MDC Petal ‘Medic!’ (∞)

>-
>(4) Attached Rebels
>> [Rebel Assets]

>_
>(5) In the chaos of battle, the anvil of war…
>> “Crane, come in! Crane, do you read?!” A warrior fights, a sergeant delegats. [Can use Orders]

Idea for these choices are on the very small chance that we actually roll to shock assault the entrenched enemy. We'll be at a DCof 56 with the enemy having an extra reroll + 1 friendly casualty. If it does happen, the 2 orders listed will drop our casualties down.
>>
>>4858452

(4) Attached Rebels
> [Expendable Rebels]

>>4849382
Me.
>>
>>4858452

I support this, chief >>4858465

>>4849353
Me.
>>
>>4858452
2:
>No Stratagem

3:

4:
> [Expendable Rebels]

>>4850318
>>
You know, the rebels have fought acceptably, followed orders, even when scary... We've created a huuuuge ruckus and nobody's going to doubt that slaves were part of this whole thing. We've probably created plausible deniability.

If a rebel doesn't die from the fracas, I'm not going to vote to pop them. They were good soldiers. They've earned their victory.
>>
>>4858452
(1) Select Squad Tactic

(2) Select Strategem

(3) Select Squaddie Orders (TWO MAX)
N/A

(4) Attached Rebels
> [Expendable Rebels]

> “Do I have to do everything myself?!” In the end, you are the most lethal thing here. [Can use Strategems]

Nines is detrimental to the point of having the Rebels show up twice on the CAS list
>>
>>4858465
Supporting.
>>4852166
My ID
>>
>>4858465
Supporting this plan

>>4849433
Linking back
>>
>>4858920
You may be fighting the tide here, but I'll be glad to vote with you.
>>
>>4858738
+1
>>
>>4858452

They're still locked into holding position, so no reason to change it up.

> Covering Fire!

> Expendavle rebels

>>
>>4858452
Whoops, we're oyt of wetwork charges

No strattatatat then
>>
>>4858452
>No stratagem.

> [Rebel Assets]

> “Crane, come in! Crane, do you read?!” A warrior fights, a sergeant delegates. [Can use Orders]
>>
>>4858452
I'm back, just finished vacation in Boston. Don't go there if you don't have a parking spot already reserved, they hate cars with a passion.

Orders

Rebels
> [Expendable Rebels]

> “Crane, come in! Crane, do you read?!” A warrior fights, a sergeant delegates. [Can use Orders]

Need Nines to prevent the little rodents from running around while Convict brings the thunder

>>4850415
Verification
>>
>SELECTED
> [Expendable Rebels]

I will take one roll of 1d4 to randomly determine what the squad's tactic this round. Wetwork will appear twice as you previously planned for it in Round 1.

=========================

1 = Shock Assault
2 = Hold Position
3 = Wetwork Ploy
4 = Wetwork Ploy

1 roll of 1d4. This won't preclude you from rolling in the firefight results later tonight.
>>
Rolled 3 (1d4)

>>4859601
I'm here
>>4849313
>>
>>4859603

YAAAAAAASSSS!

With strength and guile, brothers.
>>
>>4859603
Nice job mate.
>>
>>4859603
Yeehaw!
>>
File: 1599243449604.jpg (110 KB, 500x500)
110 KB
110 KB .jpg
>>4859608
Fuck yea my brother in black
>>
If not for Ixx’Ixx bugging out, the DC would be 100, I believe.
For shame…..
>>
>>4859614
Which means if we kill enough, we'll get the auto-win in 3rd round.
>>
>Bring it down candidates:
>Primus Pilus Pectash-Kereer ‘Slaughter-In-Sleep’ +10DC
>Human Auxiliary Gunner +10DC

Which should we slaughter? I say fuck the gunner since as auxiliary, hes likely to have poorer armour.
>>
We’d need to kill an *enormous* amount to secure that, I’m afraid, unless they insist on Holding Position with no chance of a counter assault of feigned retreat.

Fancy burning through 25DC in one firefight round?
>>
>>4859616
Gunner allows us to rake kills
>>
>>4859616

The Primus probably will cause a rout/surrender. The gunner will get rid of their cover fire.

I say we go for the gunner because we're about to overrun them anyways. No point in trying to force their surrender - they're all for the chopping block anyways. Can't afford close witnesses.
>>
>>4859617

10 DC from "bring it down", and if we max successes on squad and personal actions?

Maybe.
>>
>>4859620
We just need to clear out 14 points worth of DC since the enemy can only Hold position.

100 - 71 - 15 = 14DC.

If we knock out the gunner and kill off one more savis legionnaire, we'll auto 100DC next round with advantage. Also we dont have personal actions this round.

The big niggle i have is the selection of Expendable rebels again. This is directly counter-productive to the selection of covering fire and gives the enemy an additional adverse reroll.

If we wanted a death, we would be better served not selecting covering fire.
>>
>>4859624

I don't believe we have personal stratagems. I think we still do take an action.
>>
>>4859616
I'll say it again; if we show Heavenly a trophy from killing Pect, the look on his face will be priceless. You ever notice how the Xenohobes are never nearly as gung ho about going after armed and dangerous X-ray? What's the matter, out of piss and vinegar from shooting up unarmed women and children?
>>
Ah, hold a second.

Mathematics states that squad DC next round, assuming no casualties from extraordinary fortunes, is 75.
This would mean to actually guarantee 100, the foe would need to be 25, unless, again, Hold Position pins them down, or alternatively, if morale shenanigans occur.
This means that we either inflict 35 DC worth of wounds in one go and be assured that we won’t somehow acquire Disadvantage next round, or we inflict 10 and hope that, even if they’re forced out of their forward fortifications, they’ll continue Holding Position.

The latter is more likely, but my hopes aren’t too high- neither the foxes nor birds have proved idiots. Still, it’s clear that we’re winning……

So if it comes to it, the rebels might all survive.

Snake is…. Not the most moral person. Suspect, unless we play a sudden change of heart, we’ll be stabbing someone in the back soon enough.
>>
>>4859630
Now is actually as good a time as any to pop someone in the back. Especially with the confusion ongoing. Maybe even Ixx'lxx.
>>
>>4859630
Friendly reminder: We had a void nightmare about this. Betrayal is one of Snake's worst fears, on roughly the same level as burning up in re-entry (or was it suffocating in a busted pod?) And we're talking about inflicting it on someone else.
>>
>>4859634
Better we do it to them than they do it to us or something
>>
>>4859635
Unless of course such a thing were to strain our relationship with our SIC who as his own fixations on betrayal. Or trooper who happens to also be a former slave who is now in a very dark place. I think we have at least two?
>>
>>4859637
Look man it doesn't matter. Orders are orders.
>>
>>4859634
>>4859637

These are some good points... Before, I was against it on principle. Now I'm against it because what it will do to the squad.

Plus, if it is found out, if it is even suspected by the rebels... Our name is dogshit. Right now, we are leading them in their first real attack, and we're kicking ass doing it. If things keep going this well, we're going to come out of here walking on void and NOTHING the Savis can offer will make them betray us.

If we pop someone, we go from being their leaders and teachers to being enemy #1. They would sell us out for a chicken nugget.
>>
>>4859638

And disobeying is disobeying. We're the freaking Black Company, home of n'er-do-wells since the founding of the Free Cities of Khatovar. Won't be the first time someone disobeys. Sure as fuck won't be the last.
>>
>>4859641
We can at least say we put them in danger and it didn't stick. It's the truth, after all.
>>
>>4859642

There you are. Speaks well of the quality of the rebels too. Them's slippery little bastids.

Besides, we did put on a show. Especially if slaves are seen to be in our squad, it certainly looks like rebels.
>>
>>4859643
Having a slave body sells it as a confirmation that it’s not a false flag though.
>>
>>4859644

Oh, I know. I'm just not willing to manufacture one. Let them see video evidence, witnesses, DNA, how we left all the slaves alive. Let them draw their own conclusions.
>>
>>4859646
I personally find that boring good & prefer a dead X-ray
>>
>>4859644
Between all the dead aristocrats, the show we put on in that ballroom, Boot's meltdown, Snake Eyes unordthodox tactics and the absolute pandemonium we've just kicked off we, quite simply; do not need a body. Or more accurately, we don't need MORE bodies.
>>
File: Hallway Dive.png (553 KB, 760x670)
553 KB
553 KB .png
>SELECTED
>Squad Tactic: Wetwork Ploy (DC of Boot and Bones is doubled)
>Strategem: Nil
>Squaddie Ordiers: SPR Convict (2/2) AND GNR Nines 'Covering Fire' (3/3)
>Expendable Rebels
>Crane, come in! [Can use squaddie orders]
>Wetwork Ploy vs Hostile Hold Position ADVANTAGE +15DC, +1 Hostile Casualty
>Hostiles: Entrenched Position +15AV (Removed after 3 firefight success over any number of rounds)
>Hostile Order: Human Auxiliary Gunner ‘Covering Fire!’ -1 Hostile Casualty
>Hostile Order: 'Medic!' Beyond priority cas, hostile cas are randomly determined. Up to two injured hostiles avoid damage. I am considering changing this boost in the future...

Vinehound Squad Combat Effectiveness = +91DC [Untested +0DC, SGT Snake Eyes +10DC, CPL Crane +7DC, SIG Night Night +4DC, GNR Nines +12DC, SPR Convict +7DC, MDC Petal +3DC, Trooper Bones +10DC, Trooper Husk +5DC, Trooper Boot +10DC, Trooper Remember Seven +5DC, Rebel Jorus +4DC, Rebel Reed +4DC, Rebel Ixx’Ixx +0DC]
Friendly Re-Rolls = Untested +0, Shrapnel Grenades +0, Advantage +1

VS

Hostile Combat Effectiveness = +60DC Estimate [Primus Pilus Pectash-Kereer ‘Slaughter-In-Sleep’ +10DC, Lesser Decturion +4DC, Honoured Standardbearer +3DC, Legionnaire I (KIA) +0DC, Legionnaire II +4DC, Legionnaire III (Wounded) +2DC, Legionnaire IV (Stable) +3DC, Legionnaire V (KIA) +0DC, Legionnaire VI (Critical) +1DC, Legionnaire VII +4DC, Legionnaire VIII +4DC, Princeling Yuruf, son of Baar +2DC, Viscount Weal, son of Weal +2DC, Pect’Max Bodyguard I +8DC, Human Auxiliary Apothecary +3DC, Human Auxiliary Gunner +10DC]
Hostile Re-Rolls = Untested +0, Shrapnel Grenades +0, Expendable Rebels +1

Firefight: Second Round
> 50 DC
> Friendly Combat Effectiveness +81 DC
> Hostile Combat Effectiveness -60
> Wetwork Ploy: Ghosthelms +10DC
> ADVANTAGE +15DC, +1 Re-Roll, +1 Hostile Casualty
> ‘Bring it Down’ Squaddie Order: Human Auxilliary Gunner prioritised and AV halved
> ‘Covering Fire’ Squaddie Order -1 Friendly Casualty
> ‘Covering Fire’ Hostile Order -1 Hostile Casualty
> Hostile ‘Expendable Rebels’ +1 Adverse Re-Roll
> 96DC

Critical Fail = +1 Friendly Casualty at +1 Severity. Leadership Roll to prevent rout/surrender.
Double Fail = +1 Friendly Casualty.
0 = 2 Friendly Casualties. 0 Hostile Casualties.
1 = 1 Friendly Casualty. 1 Hostile Casualty.
2 = 0 Friendly Casualties. 2 Hostile Casualties.
3 = 0 Friendly Casualties. 3 Hostile Casualties.
Double Pass = +1 Hostile Casualty at +1 Severity.
Crit-pass = All Hostile Causalities inflicted this round are KIA. Hostile Leadership required to prevent rout/surrender.

3 rolls of 1d100, kriggers. You have ONE re-roll. Hostiles have ONE re-roll.

We have them now...
>>
Rolled 22 (1d100)

>>4859680
>>
Rolled 20 (1d100)

>>4859680
>>
Rolled 7 (1d100)

>>4859680
>>
Rolled 17 (1d100)

>>4859680
>>
WEW
>>
Rolled 51 (1d100)

Well scud, that's some of the tighest rolling for a firefight in this quest so far.

Attempting to counter >>4859683 with the hostile re-roll
>>
Rolled 40 (1d100)

>>4859683
Reroll so I can get a crit
>>
>>4859693
>tempting the dice gods
>>
>>4859693
Bruh, that was risky
>>
Rolled 13, 12, 10, 3 = 38 (4d13)

>>4859693
I do not know why you'd re-roll a success but okay...

>>4859681
>>4859683
>>4859684
>>4859691
>3 Success: 0 Friendly Casualties. 3 Hostile Casualties
>ADVANTAGE +1 Hostile Casualty

That's 5 hostiles tagged in total. The gunner is automatically prioritised, so I'm rolling for who the other 4 are.

===============================

1 = Primus Pilus Pectash-Kereer ‘Slaughter-In-Sleep’
2 = Lesser Decturion
3 = Honoured Standardbearer +3DC
4 = Legionnaire II
5 = Legionnaire III (Wounded)
6 = Legionnaire IV (Stable)
7 = Legionnaire VI (Critical)
8 = Legionnaire VII
9 = Legionnaire VIII
10 = Princeling Yuruf, son of Baar
11 = Viscount Weal, son of Weal
12 = Pect’Max Bodyguard I
13 = Human Auxiliary Apothecary
N/A = Human Auxiliary Gunner (already prioritised)
>>
>>4859697
Hot damn, good picks. Just missing the Primus, really.
>>
File: Auxilliary Legionaire.jpg (130 KB, 1239x1119)
130 KB
130 KB .jpg
Rolled 46, 39, 45, 55, 48 = 233 (5d100)

The Hostiles will lose their AV bonus next round due to the number of successes. If there is a next round….

Firefight Hostile Casualty 1: Human Auxiliary Gunner Optimal
>Auxilliary Combat Vest +25AV
>Bring it Down! +1 Severity, 40AV/2
>20AV

QM rolling 5d100.
>>
Apparently, nearly everyone except the foe’s line infantry……
>>
To potentially dampen things, I think the foe’s Covering Fire has been forgotten.
>>
>>4859702
We just ganked the Gunner, so if there was covering fire it probably stopped pretty quick.
>>
File: Combat Medic.jpg (143 KB, 1000x707)
143 KB
143 KB .jpg
Rolled 95, 81, 34, 24, 52 = 286 (5d100)

>>4859702
Damn, you are right. Good honesty there, and good keeping me honest. Looks like the Standard bearer gets a free pass... Though by the looks of things at the end of combat I’ll have anons roll to see whether the trophy is destroyed, damaged or captured in good condition.

Firefight Hostile Casualty 2: Auxilliary Human Apothecary Optimal
>Auxilliary Combat Vest +25AV
>Double Pass +1 Severity
>40AV

QM rolling 5d100.
>>
>>4859697
Why have a regular success when you can have a crit success?
>>
>>4859708
When crit successes happen 1% of the time, failures happen 4% of the time, and crit failures happen just as often as successes? It's not worth it, man.
>>
>>4859706
This is true.
I’d say it was a heroic sacrifice, if, narratively, said Gunner wasn’t likely obliterated in a holocaust of excessive firepower.
>>
>>4859707
If we just took out their two specialists, do their orders go off?
>>
>>4859699
Gunner ganked, -10DC

Just based off this, next turn is auto 100DC.
>>
Rolled 83, 82, 51, 89 = 305 (4d100)

>>4859712
They still benefit -this- round, but wouldn't the next.

Firefight Hostile Casualty 3: Pect’Max Bodyguard I Optimal
>Ceremonial Plate Armour +25AV
>Energy Shield +10AV, +1 AV re-roll
>50AV

QM rolling 4d100. Hostile has ONE AV re-roll.
>>
Rolled 23 (1d100)

>>4859715
I'll try to save the Peck's skin with the re-roll.
>>
File: lordquads.jpg (897 KB, 1911x2145)
897 KB
897 KB .jpg
>>4859710
I want that glory and a few critfails may happen along the way, but that is a risk I'm willing to take
>>
Rolled 24, 98, 30, 7 = 159 (4d100)

Last hostile casualty…

Firefight Hostile Casualty 4: Princeling Yuruf, son of Baar Optimal
>Expensive Dinner Jacket +2AC
>17AV

QM rolling 4d100.
>>
>>4859699
>>4859707
>>4859715
>>4859719

Forgotten, we've already gotten more than 3 Firefight Successes. Shouldn't the Entrenched Position bonus be gone?
>>
>>4859721
I imagine it will happen next round. These things tend to happen in rounds
>>
File: By the Numbers.jpg (30 KB, 375x371)
30 KB
30 KB .jpg
>>4859721
See >>4859680 >Hostiles: Entrenched Position +15AV (Removed after 3 firefight success over any number of rounds)
So it's still in effect this round, same for squaddie orders even if the squaddie was killed during the round itself. Next round would have seen the AV bonus removed.

>>4859699
>Human Auxiliary Gunner is KIA

>>4859707
>Human Auxilliary Apothecary is CRITICAL

>>4859715
>>4859716
>Pect'Max Bodyguard I is CRITICAL

>>4859719
>Princeling Yuruf, son of Baar is CRITICAL

Vinehound Squad Combat Effectiveness = +85DC [Untested +0DC, SGT Snake Eyes +10DC, CPL Crane +7DC, SIG Night Night +4DC, GNR Nines +12DC, SPR Convict +7DC, MDC Petal +3DC, Trooper Bones +5DC, Trooper Husk +5DC, Trooper Boot +5DC, Trooper Remember Seven +5DC, Rebel Jorus +4DC, Rebel Reed +4DC, Rebel Ixx’Ixx +4DC]
Friendly Re-Rolls = Untested +0, Shrapnel Grenades +0

VS

Hostile Combat Effectiveness = +39DC Estimate [Primus Pilus Pectash-Kereer ‘Slaughter-In-Sleep’ +10DC, Lesser Decturion +4DC, Honoured Standardbearer +3DC, Legionnaire I (KIA) +0DC, Legionnaire II +4DC, Legionnaire III (Wounded) +2DC, Legionnaire IV (Stable) +3DC, Legionnaire V (KIA) +0DC, Legionnaire VI (Critical) +1DC, Legionnaire VII +4DC, Legionnaire VIII +4DC, Princeling Yuruf, son of Baar (Critical) +0DC, Viscount Weal, son of Weal +2DC, Pect’Max Bodyguard I (Critical) +2DC, Human Auxiliary Apothecary (Critical) +0DC, Human Auxiliary Gunner (KIA) +0DC]
Hostile Re-Rolls = Untested +0, Shrapnel Grenades +0

Estimated Firefight: Third Round
> 50 DC
> Friendly Combat Effectiveness +85 DC
> Hostile Combat Effectiveness -39
> 96 DC

As math-anons calculated, the DC has shifted heavily in your favour. If you gain ADVANTAGE next round, any meaningful resistance is effectively quashed.

I had predetermined that the Primus Pilus was going to make a last-stand Shock Assault next round. I will put it to a snap Tactical Analysis roll to see whether Snake Eyes anticipates this.

==============================

[1/2]
>>
How in the world do we have 85DC?
>>
>>4859736
Boot and Bones returned to normal DC, and you get the panicking bug back. Oh shoot, I'm still counting the ghosthelms in the squad bonus, sorry! So it's actually 75. Still, Advantage would make up that difference if used in conjunction with ghosthelms...

Ah well.

[2/2]

Tactical Analysis Test: SGT Snake Eyes vs Glorious Decturion Kipp, son of Rew
> 50 DC
> Higher Combat Effectiveness +46DC
> Cunning Avian -15DC
> 81 DC

Critical Fail = Met your match. Hostile Combat Tactics for the next 2 rounds will be selected to counter your own. -10DC to Tactical Analysis Roll for the rest of the engagement.
Double Fail = Played your hand. -10DC to the next Tactical Analysis Roll.
0 = Outmanoeuvred. Hostile Combat Tactics for the next round will be selected to counter your own. -5DC to next Tactical Analysis Roll. COMBAT CONTINUES, SUFFER DISADVANTAGE NEXT ROUND.
1 = Evenly matched. The next Hostile Combat Tactic is determined randomly. +5DC to next Tactical Analysis Roll. 50% COMBAT CONTINUES. IF IT DOES, SUFFER DISADVANTAGE NEXT ROUND.
2 = Got the measure of them. Hostile Combat Tactics are revealed for the next 2 rounds. +5DC to next Tactical Analysis Roll. RESITANCE ELIMINATED.
3 = Just like the simulations. Hostile Combat Tactics are revealed for the next 3 rounds. +10DC to next Tactical Analysis Roll. RESISTANCE ELIMINATED.
Double Pass = Live and Learn. +5DC to all future Tactical Analysis against this type of Hostile.
Critical Pass = By the numbers. Hostile Combat Tactics are revealed for the rest of the engagement. +10DC to all future Tactical Analysis against this type of Hostile. JUST AS PLANNED.

3 rolls of 1d100, hunters. You have ZERO re-rolls. Hostiles have ZERO re-rolls.

They're running out of options...
>>
Oh, and new rollers please.
>>
Rolled 21 (1d100)

>>4859739
>>
Rolled 52 (1d100)

>>4859739

>>4849317
Me
>>
Rolled 86 (1d100)

>>4859739
>>
and thats all she wrote
>>
>>4859742
>>4859743
>>4859746
>3 Success: Got the measure of them. Hostile Combat Tactics are revealed for the next 2 rounds. +5DC to next Tactical Analysis Roll. RESITANCE ELIMINATED.

Looks like that's the end of any meaningful resistance. I'm going to ask for one more roll and a further vote before signing off for tonight. The narrative results (including the tonights vote) will be done up tomorrow.

=============================

Capture the Flag: Legio CDXXII Cohort Banner
>50DC

Double Fail = Distracted by shiny things. Looting took a bit of time.
0 = The standardbearer hid their charge well in the chaos, the honour of the Cohort is preserved.
1 = The banner is destroyed, little more than burnt rags.
2 = The banner is a little singed, and the blood may never come out. But a trophy is a trophy.
3 = In pristine condition, this will look great in the 77th Platoon Rec Room.
Double Pass = Oooh, shiny. +50 Creds.

3 rolls of 1d100 for LOOT.
>>