[3 / an / cgl / diy / gd / i / n / out / p / po / qst / s4s / t / trv / vip / vm / vmg / w / wg / wsr / ] [Settings]
Board
Settings Home
/qst/ - Mitsuba Archive

File: Warband.png (297 KB, 470x461)
297 KB
297 KB .png
Hello, and welcome to Warband! Today we'll be playing A Song of Ice and Fire Roleplaying but in Warband's setting! Depending on how rolling our house goes, we'll see if it evolves into a full quest!

First things first, the realm! Where is our house from? Roll 1d6:

1 - Kingdom of Vaegirs
2 - Kingdom of Swadia
3 - Kingdom of Rhodoks
4 - Kingdom of Nords
5 - Khergit Khanate
6 - Sarranid Sultanate
>>
Rolled 2 (1d6)

>>4904181
Cool, I like MnBs setting because you can do anything with it.
>>
File: Swadia.png (266 KB, 360x360)
266 KB
266 KB .png
>>4904186
>Rolled 2 (1d6)
Vassals of King Endric I Harlaus, you are a member of the Kingdom of Swadia. This bodes well for your Defense stat, though your Wealth from all the butter and feasts appears to be a bit lacking

>Defense: +5
>Influence: -5
>Lands - -5
>Law: +20
>Population +5
>Power: -5
>Wealth: -5

Roll 7d6
>>
Rolled 3, 5, 5, 3, 3, 3, 1 = 23 (7d6)

>>4904204

Hell yeah son
>>
Rolled 3, 3, 5, 6, 3, 6, 3 = 29 (7d6)

>>4904204
>>
>>4904206
>Current Stats:
>Defense: 8
>Influence: 0
>Lands - 0
>Law - 23
>Population - 8
>Power - -2
>Wealth: -4

Overall our house could do with a little more power behind it. Let's go diving through our history, shall we? How old is our house?

>Roll 1d6
1 - Ancient
2 - Very Old
3 - Old
4 - Established
5 - Recent
6 - New
>>
Rolled 1 (1d6)

>>4904211
>>
>>4904218
>1

We are old. We get 1d6+3 Historical events. Roll that now.
>>
Rolled 1 + 3 (1d6 + 3)

>>4904219
we probably had some bad rulers to be in this state
>>
>>4904220
>Rolled 1 + 3
Okay, minimum roll. Wonderful. Roll 3d6.
>>
Rolled 3, 6, 6 = 15 (3d6)

>>4904224
LETS FUCKIN GOOOO
>>
File: Treachery.png (206 KB, 521x307)
206 KB
206 KB .png
>>4904227
>Treachery
>Either you suffered the results of treachery or you were involved in committing a treacherous act. In either case, the historical event stains your family's name. Should treachery be your first result, you gained your house by means of some dark deed, possibly betraying another lord or noble.
>Influence: 0
>Lands - 0
>Law - 17
>Population - 8
>Power - -6
>Wealth: -4

Roll another 3d6
>>
Rolled 4, 2, 1 = 7 (3d6)

>>4904234
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
>>
>>4904240
>Decline
>Whether from a poor marriage, a downturn in trade, or a series of tragic losses in a conflict, your house entered a period of decline.
>Influence: -6
>Lands: -4
>Law: 17
>Population: 8
>Power: -10
>Wealth: -6

We're not doing too hot, gang. Roll another 3d6.
>>
Rolled 5, 2, 3 = 10 (3d6)

>>4904246
Ooooooooooooooo
>>
>>4904248
>Glory
>A family wins glory through a military victory, personal achievement, or by a great act of heroism.
>Defense: 9
>Influence: -1
>Lands: -4
>Law: 20
>Population: 8
>Power: -9
>Wealth: -6
>>
>>4904250
Oh, and roll another 3d6
>>
>>4904250
I like this, we start from blackguards and traitors, who start to flounder because we're pieces of shit, then one of our lineage shuffles off generations of decay by being virtuous
>>
Rolled 4, 4, 5 = 13 (3d6)

>>4904251
>>
>>4904255
>Madness
>Inbreeding, fell secrets, disease, or mental defects can produce derangement and madness among any people of Swadia, including its Counts. A madness historical event indicates that a particular figured some insanity, producing unpredictable results, with positive or negative outcomes.
>Defense: 15
>Influence: 4
>Lands: 2
>Law: 26
>Population: 14
>Power: -3
>Wealth: 0

So we've gone from treacherous fiends to layabouts to heroes to madmen. And that sums up house creation, now onto holdings. We're going to buy a Tower with our Defense, and that's about all we can afford. We don't even have a standing army. How can we fix this?

Well, we'll have to make our own path. Who is our current head of the house?
>Lord/Lady
>Tower name
>>
>>4904273
Obviously the hero was as heroic as he was because he got addled and thought he was a story book knight!

Lord

Siegfried (Assuming you mean the Head's name, and not the tower. If you mean the Tower, why not Avalon?)
>>
>>4904273

> Lord Vaelyn Rochefort

> Valorhold
>>
File: 1445075980685.jpg (406 KB, 600x800)
406 KB
406 KB .jpg
>>4904279
Lord Siegfried Rhys of Avalon.

Now for chargen.

>Youth, Adolescent, Young Adult, Adult, Middle-Aged, Old, Very Old, Venerable
>>
>>4904283
Okay, gonna change to support this, much better than what I came up with!
>>
>>4904285
That a role or a choice?
>>
>>4904287
Choice

>>4904283
Lord Vaelyn Rochefort it is!
>>
>>4904287
I'd suggest Young adult or Adult.
>>
Rolled 1 (1d6)

>>4904289
The dice will decide our age. Evens, Young Adult, odds, Adult
>>
>>4904285
I vote Young Adult, we've just come out from our father Lord Siegfried's slightly insane shadow and are now looking to restore our family name and holdings to the heights of it's old glory.
>>
>>4904285
> Young adult
>>
>>4904293
Yeah lets have Siegfried be our father/ predecessor! That'd be awesome.
>>
File: 1453867991974.jpg (331 KB, 725x1536)
331 KB
331 KB .jpg
>>4904293
DM here, I like this better. Young adult it is!

Here's our backstory: We're being fostered by Count Remus Clais. Our home is in terrible disarray following the reign of Lord Siegfried, and with only the Tower of Avalon to our name, we've started our quest to climb our way back up. The honor of House Rhys does not die with you.

You are skilled in Long Blades (3d6+1B), but where we really shine is Persuasion and Status. We're attractive and charismatic, but bad at riding horses, could never pick up that skill.
>>
Are we ready to start our career?
>>
>>4904305
If we wait we'd just be getting more insane. Best get to work before the family curse hits us.
>>
>>4904305
I am. Like the lil story that's been crafted. Hope Vaelyn will live up to his father's, admittedly somewhat contentious, legacy and continues lifting house Rhys from it's black reputation into the light of valor AND GLORY
>>
>>4904316
>>4904313
The sun hangs high in the sky as you rise from your bed. Another day in Dhirim, under protection from your sponsor, Count Remus Clais. You are Lord of Valorhold, but you don't feel like it. You have no army, no influence, just your mother back home raising your little brother as regent. Count Clais's family is well-known to you, from the man himself to his son Count Devlian and his daughter Lady Tibalt. A messenger bird flies overhead as you peer out the window, no doubt meant for Count Clais. You stretch. Today will be a good day. Perhaps you could visit with the others around the castle. Perhaps you could go into Hill Town in Dhirim and see what trouble you can get into. Maybe you can use what money you have to hire a sword trainer. There are few certain things in Calradia right now. One of those things is that Swadia is close to war with Rhodoks, King Endric Harlaus of Swadia and King Graveth Harlaus of Rhodoks constantly debating borders. You're no soldier, but it's expected of a Lord to be able to at least put in a decent fight.
>>
File: 1409929230488.jpg (259 KB, 714x522)
259 KB
259 KB .jpg
>>4904323
Oh yeah, what's our Coat of Arms and Slogan?
>>
>>4904323
Are there any good ways for a nobleman to earn money, beyond that of taxing his vassals and raiding? Mayhap we can find a tournament to show our skill in, or lend our skill at arms to a merchant in need.
>>
>>4904331
Well we'll have to think if we're taking the "old" House Rhys CoA and motto, or if we're adopting Our father's personal CoA and a phrase of his as the "New" House Rhys moto. As until last generation, it seems our family was a nest of vipers and home of brigands
>>
>>4904335
All you can afford is your sword, your bow, your mail, and some personal belongings. There is currently an archery tournament going on, and word is the purse is quite substantial. Other than that there's merchants hiring guards. What do you do?
>>
>>4904331
Correct me if I am wrong, but Swadia is loosly inspiried by Burdgundy if I recall. Since our lineage is ancient, we can give us some lee-way and say we're allowed to include the Cross of Burgundy and the Crown of Not-Burgundy in our emblem. This might be slightly too fancy, anyone who feels there's a better substitute for this one can chip in with something else.

I don't know about family slogan, never been good with that.
>>
>>4904341
I always thought of them more as prussian?
>>
>>4904344
It's been a while since I played, and all I could find online is that they're based on 'High Medieval Europe' which really doesn't narrow it down at all. That and the fact that all of their in-game Coat of Arms vary greatly, from Dutch/Flemish to Bavarian/Prussian/Austrian means we can't really go wrong with any choice really. I just really like the backdrop the Cross of Burgundy gives so I went with that.
>>
File: Clais.jpg (61 KB, 516x499)
61 KB
61 KB .jpg
>>4904344
Count Remus knocks on your door, making himself known by announcing your name. "Vaelyn! Your presence is needed!" he says. You open the door. Count Remus Clais is an older man with sparse hair and a great bushy beard. He's been very close with King Endric and has raised you since you were but a boy sent to foster as your mad father ran your realm into ruin.
>>
Well, I gotta get some sleep. We'll continue tomorrow.
>>
>>4904366
Maybe give some more time for votes or rolls, this is a slow board
>>
>>4904377
Yeah I have to agree with tat
>>
We can skip the coat of arms or try and work out a custom one is ms paint or something. Any takers?
>>
>>4904211
You know if you're using the SIFRP rules each resource is supposed to get a roll of 7d6
>>
>>4904377
Gotcha, I'll allow for more time.

>>4904440
I didn't see that in the rulebook, thank you! Here's the new stats.
>Defense: 41
>Influence: 27
>Lands: 26
>Law: 56
>Population: 44
>Power: 20
>Wealth: 25

We'll explain in-story why we don't have access to it right now as we're busy being fostered.
>>
>>4904186
BASED BUTTERLORD
>>
>>4904422
yeah i agree maybe because of the ancient stat is should be imperial a house that betrayed the empire during it's fall and joined vlandia?
>>
Alright, I'm back. When we last left off Count Remus Clais knocked on our door asking for our attendance to some matter or the other. What do we do?
>>
>>4904926
well we go with him i assume
>>
>>4904930
You open the door. Count Remus is decked out in finery, obviously expecting some important guest.

"Did I tell you?" he asks. "There's to be a tournament and a feast. The King himself is coming. Will you join the melee?"
>>
>>4904933
of course
>>
>>4904933
Hell yeah, show the butterlord our sword skills
>>
>>4904961
"Walk with me."
As you walk with him you take in the sights of Castle Dhirim. You can see a marketplace over the parapets hawking goods, and people hustling and bustling to and fro everywhere. Count Devlian, Count Remus's son, meets you in the dining room where people are setting the table. "There will be a feast first," Count Remus says, "with many eligible ladies of the realm there. Try not to embarrass your house. You are the Count of Valorhold now, and soon you will no longer be my ward but a man grown. Make me proud."

Count Devlian smiles and nods. "Fight well, brother. Or talk well. One or the other."
>>
>>4905139
Ask Count Devlian about the melee. Let's crack some skulls
>>
So there are many options open to us. We know of the merchants in the market, we can speak to the Counts and the Lady, we can sign up for the melee or we could join the archery competition. What do we do?
>>
>>4905581
> melee

FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT
>>
>>4905596
You go into the arena of Dhirim and sign up for the melee. As is tradition, there are two teams of two per round. You suit up in your mail and pick up the training sword. You are delighted to see Devlian as your teammate. You spot two unique coats-of-arms on your opponents' shields. Roll 6d6 to see if you recognize them.
>>
Rolled 2, 6, 2, 5, 1, 5 = 21 (6d6)

>>4905605
>>
File: Walter.png (62 KB, 225x218)
62 KB
62 KB .png
>>4905636
Rousing success! You identify one of them as just a common hedge knight, but the other is anyone but. Ser Walter Harlaus, second son of King Endric Harlaus, the Bloody Lion. His shield is adorned with a lion's head and a bloody mouth, and his long hair flows every which of way down his shoulders. Knight-Commander of the King's personal guard, his presence must mean King Harlaus is here. You know him well as an honorable, courageous fighter, though you have never met.
>>
>>4905645
The horn sounds and the fight begins. You hear a thundering in your skull as Ser Walter's plated boots crunch towards you. Devlian tells you to take the hedge knight. Ser Walter is his. What do you do?
>>
>>4905656
We abide, there is no honor in ganging up on a single foe. Go after the Hedge Knight and give the King a rousing perfromance.
>>
>>4905656
Go for the hedge
>>
>>4905662
You attack the hedge knight. Roll 4d6, drop the lowest
>>
Rolled 2, 6, 6, 4 = 18 (4d6)

>>4905677
We shall smite this lowborn commoner with our might.
>>
File: 1405419508214.jpg (64 KB, 391x1000)
64 KB
64 KB .jpg
Rolled 4, 4, 6 = 14 (3d6)

>>4905679
We do 12 damage to the hedge knight, which is soaked up by 9 of his armor, dealing 4 damage to his HP. He reels from the attack and swings his ball and chain.
>>
>>4905712
His attack connects, but your mail takes the full force of the blow, doing no damage. Your turn again. To the right, you see Devlian and Walter lock blades.
>>
>>4905714
Again! Strike the hedge knight
>>
>>4906142
Roll 4d6, drop the lowest
>>
Rolled 2, 3, 2, 3 = 10 (4d6)

>>4906280
MY HONOR LEADS ME TO GLORY
>>
Rolled 2, 3, 5, 1 = 11 (4d6)

>>4906280
>>
>>4906295
You land another powerful blow, and the Hedge Knight yields. Meanwhile you see Devlian go down from the Bloody Lion's onslaught, who turns his attention to you.
>>
>>4906364
Ser Walter takes a swing at you with his bastard sword, hoping to strike true.
>>
Rolled 6, 1, 2, 3, 4, 4, 4 = 24 (7d6)

>>4906635
woops
>>
>>4906669
Ser Walter wallops you with the flat of his sword, sending you into the dirt. You are out of the fight. He extends a hand to you and smiles. "Not bad," he said. "Your friend put up a fight as well. A valiant effort."
>>
How do i roll
>>
>>4906672
Accept his hand.
>"It seems I still have much further to go if I wish to stand shoulder to shoulder with the Heroes of Swabia."
>>
>>4906698
*Swadia
Lets not embarrass ourselves because I can't keep my D's and B's correct
>>
>>4906698
Ser Walter chuckles. "It is no trouble. You are young and untested. I knew your father, you know. I was just a boy myself, but he was quite the man. You know, before the..." he trails off.
>>
>>4906696
dice+xd6 in the options field
>>
>>4904181
>GoT with M&B!
Obligatory pasta
>>
"But enough about the past. I hear you are to take Valorhold! Congratulations!" he smiles genially. "I'm allowed no fiefs, so I cannot give you any advice, but I can give you some advice on your sword form if you would like."
>>
>>4907715
Of course we accept his training.
>>4907527
>Pillaging
Are you saying we look like one of those filthy nords?
>>
>>4907715
>>4907830
Agreed, if Ser Walter were to offer to train us we would be uncouth to reject it.
>>
>>4907830
"I'll meet you in Castle Dhirim," Ser Walter says. "Bring your best smile and something to drink." He laughs, then exits.

Devlian walks over, or rather, limps. "The man's a beast, he is," he says. "Never been in a fight like that in my life."

You look to the stands and see King Endric I Harlaus staring down at you. He smiles. His son just bested you, he must be proud.
>>
>>4907883
>Give a courteous bow to the King, then proceed to leave the Arena with Devlian. Inquire about his bout with Ser Walter, you've never seen Devlian this roughed up before.
>>
>>4908054
The King raises a horn of wine and cheers as you lead Devlian off.

"That man fights like he's got a demon in him. I wonder if he gets it from his father."

Lady Tibalt, Devlian's sister, greets you. She's a mousy-looking woman, though not unattractive, and she quickly rushes to Devlian. "You're bleeding!" she exclaims. You look, and see that she's right. Devlian has a small cut across his face.
>>
>>4908603
Huh weird, it changed my ID
>>
>>4908603
>It's a small cut, but you still should have it checked out. You never know when something is going to infect.
>Maybe with a bit of luck it will become a scar. I heard the ladies love them.
>>
>>4908958
Devlian laughs. "It'll be a cold day in Hell before I let an infected scrape kill me. I'll see you around, Vaelyn."

He leaves you with Tibalt. You could spend some time talking to her, or you could get a headstart on your training with Ser Walter.
>>
>>4909051
>You could spend some time talking to her
Spend some time talking with her, just so long as we won't be late.
>>
>>4909602
Support, a quick chat wouldn't hurt.
>>
>>4909602
>>4909829
"You fought well, Vaelyn," Tibalt says. "And now I hear Ser Walter aims to train you? You should be honored. I'm going to miss you when you go back to Valorhold."
>>
>>4909994
>Maybe we could exhange letters? I know it is not the same as being in person, but we would atleast keep contact.
>Actually, I should make the same offer to Devlian too, you both been good to me all this years. It would a shame to let distance ruin it.
>>
>>4910334
>>4909994
Seconded
>>
>>4910613
She agrees to exchange letters, though she promises to come visit when she can. Devlian will too, she assures you. She laughs. "Maybe one day you'll even marry me?"
>>
>>4911415
>One of our duties as nobleman is to marry to strengthen our dinasty and realm, not for love, and I doubt that Valorhold would ever be important enough to convince Count Clais of uniting our lineages.
Clais is always pitiless right? No way the lord of one of the cities of Swadia would accept that, nor we would get the mo ey for the dowry.
And even if we pulled a player character maneuver and conquered a bunch of lands off the Rhodoks, Harlaus would just give it to himself and pay us 100 denar as compensation.
>>
>>4911493
Are you saying that in-character?
>>
>>4911525
The non-greentext is OOC, I'm not talking shit about Tibalt's and our liege to her face is bad idea.

Although I think I'm changing my vote to
>The only way that I would be able to win your hand, would be if I raised Valorhold to a shining jewel in Swadia, or managed to become a hero against our realm enemies, like my father once was. Either way, that would be a matter for the future, and right now I need to go train with Ser Walter if any of them would be possible

I'm a sucker for hard won romance, and with our family's history of betray and madness, an pitiless uncle wouldn't be that bad.
>>
>>4911547
You say as such, ambition burning hot in your mind and heart, and you excuse yourself to go train with Ser Walter.

And that's Chapter 1. We'll pick back up Monday!
>>
>>4911556
Thanks for running QM, see you monday.
>>
Time for Part Two! You come to Ser Walter's room in an inn in Dhirim, just as one boy who appears to be in a lot of pain exits the room. The door stands before you. Do you knock?
>>
>>4913813
Yes, let's get that training.
The boy must be his squire, hope it means he is just a harsh trainer, and not a predator.
>>
>>4913858
Ser Walter opens the door in his radiant red armor and greets you with a smile. "Good to see you, young Count Rhys. I'm glad you took me up on my offer. Let us go to the arena grounds to spar. I'll teach you the first thing about swordplay." He brushes a lock of dyed blue hair out of his face and grins. "We'll be using wooden swords instead of the usual blunted blades. Don't want to injure you and I can be quite... forceful on the field."
>>
>>4913887
>Very well Ser Walter. I don't expect enemies to give mercy on the battlefield, so the experience would be invaluable.
Oh good, he is just a bit bloodthirsty.
>>
>>4913926
You travel through the streets of Dhirim and people clear a path to let you and the Bloody Lion through. Ser Walter turns his nose up and smiles. Likely this recognition follows him anywhere he goes.

"First lesson on power I'm going to teach you. The time you arrived at my inn room? Perfect timing. Why? Because whenever *you're* the important person in a situation, you can show up whenever you want. The second lesson on power? Act like you've got enough of it no matter the situation. I've got things against me. I'm an absolute bastard on the battlefield and an incorrigible whoremonger, but I'm also the King's son who was honorable enough to swear off his inheritance to serve the realm. That carries a lot of weight. You want to show you have power? Carry a lot of weight with you, Count of Valorhold."
>>
>>4913946
Rhys angles his chin a few degrees higher and makes a point to match the red prince's stride
>Two of the finest pleasures for one of the finest virtues. I look forward to shouldering more than my house has done in recent years - and we are arriving at the barracks at the perfect time
while solely stroking his ego would be good for the next feast, ser walter can definitely teach rhys a thing or two
>>
>>4914004
I'll support.

We never learned what was the treachery that earned our ancestors our nobility, and giving how our house was rolled as ancient, it must have been from the very foundation of Swadia, or the times of Vlandia if we take Bannerlord as canon.
>>
>>4914040
"They say your House is as old as Calradia itself. And I appreciate the flattery. Now, your first lesson with the sword."

Give me a 3d6 roll
>>
Rolled 3, 4, 3 = 10 (3d6)

>>4914353
OOC: So we were from the empire days then, good old tribals selling out their own people to not-romans. Also I'm now marking the ooc questions to make it easier to know the difference.
>>
>>4914372
Yes, we're from the days when Calradia was a couple of tribes, the first bits of the Empire.
>>
>>4914372
You hear the scrape of wood sliding from a scabbard and before you know it your own sword is out and pointed at Ser Harlaus. "Good," he says. "I didn't even have to teach you Rule Number One: The one who draws first sheathes last."
>>
>>4914439
>So to be sure to attack first? That's a sound strategy, even if you fail to keep up the assault, you would have inflicted some damaged on your foe while they were of guard.
Go a few probing attacks and feints, see how he moves and reacts.
>>
>>4914512
You toy with him a little bit, but you realize you are dealing with a seasoned fighter when he doesn't fall for your feints. He waits for an opening in your guard and rushes

>roll 3d6
>>
Rolled 3, 2, 6 = 11 (3d6)

>>4915254

Swordan'
>>
>>4915266
You roll out of the way of his jab and he sets his sword down to applaud you.

"Well dodged, my young Count!" he laughs. "Maybe I'll make a duelist of you some day!"
>>
>>4915301
>A compliment on fighting from the Bloody Lion is a high praise, thank you Ser Walter.
Try an attack, none of that pussy footing around this time.
Preemptive rolling just in case, ignore it
>>
>>4915301
>A compliment on fighting from the Bloody Lion is a high praise, thank you Ser Walter.
Try an attack, none of that pussy footing around this time.
>>
>>4915412
Roll 4d6 drop the lowest
>>
Rolled 3, 5, 3, 6 = 17 (4d6)

>>4915548
Here we go.
>>
Rolled 6, 6, 1, 6, 5, 2, 3 = 29 (7d6)

>>4915587
You connect with Ser Walter's sword, and he boots you once you realize you haven't struck true. Your armor takes the most of it, but he prepares for a counter-attack.
>>
>>4915616
Ser Walter knocks you flat on your back with a sudden powerful strike. He offers a hand to help you back up. "Lesson Two: Never leave an opening."
>>
>>4915617
>I hope the next lesson isn't to never trust you opponent.
>Take his hand, climb up and take a defensive position.
>>
>>4915758
"On the contrary, one can always trust his opponent on the field. Their goal is simple: to kill you. They will not deviate from that no matter what you do, unless they decide to surrender or run away."
>>
>>4916073
>Well that's good, it atleast it makes one thing simpler in battle.
>And about the enemies fleeing or surrendering, are there ways to lower their morale while fighting? A enemie that's alive is one that can fight you again later, but it's also easier to fight 3 men one at a time than all at once.
And continue the spar, got to get that training against a superior foe, never kbow when it will come in a pinch.
>>
>>4916198
"There’s an easy way to lower morale in a group of men," he says in between blows. "Kill the fanciest-dressed one first. He's the important one."
>>
>>4917255
I have no idea what else to ask, so try to attack, maybe tey to predict his counter attack this time?
>>
>>4917347
Gimme 4d6 drop the lowest.
>>
Rolled 5, 4, 6, 2 = 17 (4d6)

>>4917569
Here it is.
>>
>>4917665
You rush Ser Walter and spin around his counter-attack, levelling your sword with his chin. He drops his to clap.

"Well done, my pupil! Well done!"

Gain a die in Fighting
>>
>>4917739
>Thank you for teaching me Ser Walter, if you didn't counter my attack before, I wouldn't have expected it this time. I'm sure it will save my life someday.
>>
>>4918241
"Maybe it will. My advice to you is this. A blade is well and good and a shield will protect you from Rhodok crossbows, but your mind is your deadliest weapon."

He crosses his arms and smiles. "I'll give Count Clais our regards. Enjoy your last day before you go to Valorhold."

>what do you do?
>>
>>4918286
Do we have any friends or acquaintances on Dhirim other than the Clais family? If we do, we should give them our farewells.
If not, we should return to the castle for the feast that should be happening after the melee and tournament. It would be a chance to socialize, and thanks Remus for fostering and teaching us for all these years.
>>
>>4918446
There is a local Smith, Gerald, who works in the city. Other than him though your circle of contacts is rather small.
>>
>>4918453
Than go visit Gerald to say goodbye, and than return to the castle.
Talking with just one person shouldn't take that much time that we would miss the feast.
>>
>>4918478
Gerald greets you with a smile as he leans a breastplate against a wall. "I've heard your father has passed. My condolences for your loss, but my congratulations for your inheritance. May you lead Valorhold into prosperity. What can I do for you?"
>>
>>4918539
>I just came here to say goodbye, I will soon have to move to Valorhold to rule it, and I don't know when I will be able to return to Dhirim.
>So thanks for everything Gerald, you've been one of the few people I can call a friend. I hope that we will be able to see eachother again in future.
>How knows? Maybe when I turn my fief into a posperous place, I will be able to comission some fancy armour and weapons from you.
I normally would say to look through his shop one last time, but I don't know if we have money to buy anything, or even if there are any spare equipment or heirlooms in Valorhold for us to use.
>>
>>4918598
Your current possessions is mail, a longsword, a shield, and a horse to ride. You have several denars to spend if you'd rather purchase a weapon, but I will point out you are trained in Long Blades the most.
>>
>>4918603
That's enough for a lesser lord I guess.
A lance would be good, but I don't know if it would be a breakable weapon, and also we aren't good enough at horse-riding nor sufficiently armoured to go around as f1 f3 swadian knight. Yet.
>>
>>4918655
Do you go to the Dhirim throne room then?
>>
>>4918736
Yes, go there for the feast if it's still happening, a chance to socialize with our soon to be peers of tge realm.
If the butter has already ran out, than it's still the place to see count clais and thank him for everything.
>>
>>4918742
You enter the feast hall of Castle Dhirim to a huge crowd of partygoers. You recognize several noblemen your father knew, and their wives and sons and daughters. The winner of the tournament, a hedge knight from Suno, sits next to the King. The King is buttering his bread and laughing mirthfully, his family around him. Ser Walter waves.
>>
>>4918864
We probably should congratulate the winner of the tournament. Be sure to wave back to Ser Walter and pay our respects to the King first, since we are going to their table.

Than we need to find the table where the Clais are, Remus is the host and tge one that fostered us, we need to thank him before going around trying to meet father's old friends.
>>
>>4918889
You kneel before the King and congratulate the victor, Ser Andrew, before waving at Ser Walter. You notice the boy from earlier is seated next to Ser Walter. He must be his squire.

The Clais family is seated next to the King's own, and Count Remus is very, very drunk. Devlian apologizes for his sleepy demeanor, and Tibalt smiles her mousy little smile at you.
>>
>>4919052
Oh shit, he is incredibly drunk, I doubt he is going to remember this. But better to thank him anyway.
>I've wanted to thank you for your hospitality Count Clais, not only for the tournament and feast, bur for all the years that you have foistered me in your house and domain. I will always be in your debt for this service you done to me and my family.
Maybe stay a bit and talk to Devlian about what we've done for the day, us the training with Ser Walter, and what he's been up to since after the melee.
Make sure to quietly tell Devlian and Tibalt to make sure to remind their father to drink a lot of water after the feast, hangovers are horrible.
>>
>>4919274
You quickly thank Remus for his hospitality.
Devlian laughs and says that he can handle it, his father has been drunker than this before. Lady Tibalt gives you a peck on the cheek as you depart.

>What do you do?
>>
>>4919791
Go meet the novles thatbwere father's friends. Maybe prioritize the ones that are our neighbours.
>>
>>4919848
You meet with Count Erin, one of your father's only supporters during his reign of madness. He is wary of you, not sure what to make of you.

"How do you intend to run Valorhold? You're right on the edge of Rhodok lands."
>>
>>4921104
rn would be the perfect time to recite a house motto (if it applies), do we have one?
inb4 >with fire and sword(!)
>>
>>4921592
>With Blood As Iron

You say, reminding him that you are strong. He raises his glass in acknowledgment.

We will return to our regularly scheduled program Monday
>>
The road back to Valorhold is uneventful, save for one moment. You catch three men hung upside down from a tree, their throats slit. "RHODOK SCUM" is painted on a tree in blood. There is no evidence of who did them in here, other than a foot trail that disappears off into the forest. The nearest village is a Rhodok village, Saren, but your journey is taking you to Valorhold to check on your men.
>>
>>4924004
mountain bandits slain by forest bandits, seems fitting
>I shall send a man from Valourhold to Saren and see if there is any reasonably priced olives
They may be scum, but those black pearls are a treat.
We are north of the oil/butter divide, and as staunch butterbearers, olives need to be saved from being processed

Is Valourhold near Reindi castle on the og map, or near Almerra castle on the warband map?
>>
>>4924226
>brainlet moment
yeah im gonna assume its somewhere near Reindi Castle(maybe is that location) or nearer to the small forest between Saren and Unuzdaq Castle
>>
>>4924004
Go to Saren, ask them with they lost tgree men recently.
They may be filthy Rhodoks, but they atleast deserve to bury their dead.
>>
>>4924226
>>4925429
You return to Valorhold and send a man with the Rhodok corpses and instructions to buy olives. You now have all of your council before you, from your court physician to your master of coin to your marshall to your spymaster. Who do you talk to and what for?
>>
>>4925475
Physician: what can be tell us of our father’s death? Natural or suspicious?
Spymaster: Do we have any enemies? Anyone trying to usurp our position or take over our land.
Master of coin: What towns/holdings do we have in our domain? What sources of revenue? What areas of opportunity for investment, what areas have been neglected and need to be repaired etc? Are we in debt or have obligations to anyone? Any trade opportunities?
Marshall: what troops do we have, who is in charge of training (we should meet them). What about banditry in our land? Who are our powerful and weak neighbours. Who is our ally and who threatens us. What are our strengths and weakness in our military.

All of this should be explained in character ideally, not a text dump. Each of these npc’s should have a personality and tell us things from their perspective, and give us options on what we want to focus on in our domain.
>>
>>4929220
Court Physician: Your father died from a chill, no foul play is suspected.

Master of Coin: We owe the Clais family a thousand denars.

Marshall: Forest bandits run amok in our lands. Our standing army is 100 men.
>>
>>4930833
Let’s kill bandits then
>>
>>4930833
surely my father will need a burial ceremony
invite his closest allies
Im sure the Clais' can forgive us not paying the debt back immediately however set some denar aside for this reason
other than that, its bandit hunting season