[3 / an / cgl / diy / gd / i / n / out / p / po / qst / s4s / t / trv / vip / vm / vmg / w / wg / wsr / ] [Settings]
Board
Settings Home
/qst/ - Mitsuba Archive

File: 102013167_univ_lsr_lg.jpg (132 KB, 1200x600)
132 KB
132 KB .jpg
"You awaken in a grassy field, unable to remember how you got here. You can hear a waterfall in a nearby forest, and you can see smoke rising from a town in the distance."
_Investigate the town
_Meditate in the field
_Go to the forest
+ Do something else
>>
>>4908412
>_Go to the forest
time to get wild
>>
>>4908418
Going into the forest you see a river ahead of you, and a bit down stream, a family of deer on the other side. The waterfall isn't far. Just in sight. The trees through the forest are well spaced and between them is the same lush grass from the field.
_Head towards the deer
+(Do something else)
>>
>>4908423
>_Head towards the deer
>>
>>4908424
As you head towards the deer they're alerted and look up, but they don't run off. Slowly, you make your way to the edge of the water. They seem mesmerized by you, or at least cautious. There's four, you can see now. A mother, a father, and two fawn. The crashing of the waterfall distills the air, white noise, as your gazes lock.
_Walk through the river
+(New Path)
>>
>>4908427
>_Walk through the river
>>
>>4909078

You attempt to walk through the river, but the force of the water quickly sweeps you off your feet. The deer look at you confused as you tumble under the current. You're dragged into the middle of the river, accelerating. After some distance a fishermen sees you and yells "HEY!". He rushes to a large wooden box and pulls out a rope. He quickly ties it to a tree and readies himself as you come closer. The river has overcome you, but you're managing to stay above water. barely.

_Get ready to grab the rope
+New Path
+New Path
>>
>>4909220
Gotta ask, what do the - and + symbolise?
>>
File: adventureum_.png (1640 KB, 2168x1201)
1640 KB
1640 KB .png
>>4910051
just something i've been copying and pasting that people find an easy way to understand "I can pick an option that's already been chosen, or I can make up my own option"

this is what I have so far
>>
>>4910635
The fact that you've been logging every choice . . . man. Let's see what you've got, QM.

- Get read to grab the rope.
>>
>>4911497
Heroes do die.

You can always invent your own path too
---------------------------------

He casts out the rope just before you pass. You grab on and he braces himself. You begin pulling your way back to land aggressively. He slides into the river bank just as you gain a footing. He's breathing heavily, "What the hell were you doing out there? You could have drowned"

_"I was looking at some deer, and then slipped into the river"
+New Path
>>
>>4911573
>+New Path
>>
>>4912292
>that means you have to tell me what you want the character to do
>>
File: bander-start.png (714 KB, 1128x534)
714 KB
714 KB .png
anyone is encourage to start from the beginning or add on to a current path
>>
>>4911573
>_"I was looking at some deer, and then slipped into the river"
This might be a hook. Let's follow this.
>>
>>4912828
>>
>>4912828
You must be that hunter I sensed sneaking around earlier? Strange for someone that light on their toes to fall into a river." He looks a bit confused. Clearly you're not the hunter he's talking about. He continues, "Well, I've got a meal to catch. I should have a few extra by midday. Looks like you ran out of luck, so if you need to stick around for a bite to eat, you're more than welcome." You can feel that you'll be getting hungry in some time, perhaps soon. The fishermen, he's a curious looking guy, curly bearded, tan, husky. He got right back to his business, reeling in his line, and re-casting it.

_stay with the fishermen
+new path (make up your own action)
>>
>>4912839
>+new path (make up your own action)
((You the QM?))

+ "Could you tell me where I am? I don't know where this is or how I got here."
>>
>>4913000
”Well, currently, you’re at my secret fishing spot,” he begins, “this is how I get away from the town. It’s a bit of a trip to get here, but it’s worth it.” You look on to him, earnest for more information, and so he continues, “You must be very far from home,” he can sense, “Well anyhow, we’re near a small town called Eden. It’s a lovely place, lovely people, an appropriate name, but a very private place as well. Very private people.” He seems like a good guy, with a lot on his mind, “You should get far away from here though. It takes a while to ‘become’ one of them, ya know? And for you to really belong there.”
>>
>>4912572
or branch (i meant branch)
>>
>>4913191
"So they're hostile to outsiders? What is the nearest country or kingdom to this location?"
>>
>>4914133
”Not quite hostile, not physically at least. Let’s just say they like to stick to their own kind,” he let out a sigh, “I know if you go far enough down this river, south, you’ll eventually see a city in the mountains to the west. That’s a place called Newlight. But it’s far, and the forest gets gruesomely thick if you go by the river.” He snags a fish, finally. He begins reeling it in. The pole yanks. He heaves. It gives him a fight. You’re impressed. What sort of fish could this be? “But yeah,” he goes on, “see, this is probably one of them thick ones from further down the river,” he continues to struggle with the line.
>>
>>4914377
"What's the quickest, and safest, way to Newlight?"
>>
>>4914402
”Truth is, I don’t know, this is about as far as I go out for now. It’s farther than most of us go. The rank and file that is” … Something isn’t right, “I’ve been to Newlight once, but that was for my sister. She needed special care. I got a job here, we all do. And no, it’s not fishing”
>>
File: bander2.png (5610 KB, 4925x2505)
5610 KB
5610 KB .png
>>
>>4914443
"I need you to take me to Newlight. I'll . . . pay you."
>>
>>4915360
so sir

let me be honest. i've been siphoning from the "role playing bonds" i've been making with people so that i can fill out some of this initial branching.

as a writer, I have an agenda to "solidify" a particular reality in this game.

your branch is quite long, and i'd like to get some more of the early real-estate.

if you start over your choices will lead you to the exact same result. but the order of them matters.

i'm going to work on this whole concept around "newlight" and how to get there.

because this story branches, some branches that contradict each other are competing.
Since I am spending a lot of creative energy doing this, I don't want to create too many competing branches within the individual games I'm playing with people.
basically.... the fishermen is at a good spot. how you meet him and everything.
if too many "specific" things happen then realities will split.

this story writing game is like "perception" chess.
>>
>>4915770
So you're saying this will be railroaded?
>>
>>4916160
nah. i'll work with ya. I'll just need time

but you can start a new parallel path if you want
>>
>>4916175
so this game is like perception chess.
i was gonna use the fishermen for something. but i found something else. the deer.

basically, you can use vague events to multiply characters.
once very specific events happen, a character is solidified.
basically. you just got a pretty big role.
there is one more role when you fall into the river that I have planned.

but then my big "multiplier" is going to come from the deer & not falling into the river.

so I need "multipliers" and "portals" to build an army (of what's effectively other writers)

when you have a well defined roll you gotta make sure no one overrides it in the future. & that mainly happens by them "branching you into a separate reality" which they can do by trapping characters & objects into situations that make things "logically" impossible for them to escape.

information & emotion are equally important in this game.
if you "crystalize" too much, you can get boxed by those who conspire against you & your story can get snuffed out.
would you be willing to help me on another branch simultaneously?
>>
when you define something in the universe, you want to do so as a way of "blocking" others.

-----

another crazy thing about this game.
this game is the beginning of every single game like it. YES.
Every game that uses this code is bound to intertwine with others. There stories, there characters. there places.

so what we do now is important.
we're up against an unknown universe

I don't even know what this thing is yet.
>>
some how I need the fishermen to communicate all of these things to you.

well that was my plan. but it's a bad one actually.

i actually feel like deleting this thread. but it probably doesn't matter because the game theory of this whole thing only gets deeper and deeper
>>
NoooOoooooooo!!!!!!!!

I've lost a good thing haven't I?
>>
Keep it up OP, I wanna see more.
>>
File: PgiwQoT.png (76 KB, 1100x503)
76 KB
76 KB .png
the game is officially going to be reset.
>>
File: bandr.png (2655 KB, 6248x4328)
2655 KB
2655 KB .png
still working on this

relaunch is soon.

i don't want to take world building naively.
so i wont extend this too far
>>
File: newlight-eden2.png (99 KB, 592x592)
99 KB
99 KB .png
town is actually spawned with magic
>>
File: newlight-eden.png (11 KB, 378x383)
11 KB
11 KB .png
>>
I'm not gonna lie to you chief, I have no fucking idea what you're talking about. Just run the quest without talking about multipliers and parallel universes.
>>
>>4925129
You awake in a grassy field, unable to remember how you got here. You can hear a waterfall in a forest nearby, and you can see smoke rising from a town in the distance.
>Go to the town
>Go to the forest
>>
>>4925204
>Go to the town
>>
>>4926348
:go to the town
:As you head towards the town you notice a small pouch of gold in your pocket along with a note that says something about purchasing a gift for a gathering tonight. Passing through the gate and into the town square you see several beautifully decorated buildings, all neatly packed side by side and a multi-colored geode statue in the center of it all. The buildings are made from exotic woods and carved with subtly mesmerizing textures. The people here seem nice and have a gentleness about them. From the center, you can see the town is divided by four major roads; north, south, east, west.
>>
I'm just gonna give you the results for each

>:explore the town square
:The statue sitting in the center of the town square is of a woman kneeling, garbed in a thick toga, pouring out a basket of fruits, breads and vegetables. The backside and lower portion of the woman are of the rock face from the geode. The basket and its contents, polished crystal. Offset from the corners of the town square are several buildings; a temple, clock shop, library, and three florists.

>:explore northwest
:It becomes apparent there are four major stores at each corner edge of town. At three stories, they stand taller than the rest. Taking the north road you see a well and into the northwest side of town there is a fancy jewelry store and two bakeries, red and blue, amidst several residential buildings and homes.

>:explore northeast
:It becomes apparent there are four major stores at each corner edge of town. At three stories, they stand taller than the rest. Taking the north road you see a well and into the northeast side of town there is a lavish fashion store, and a leather workshop amidst several residential buildings and homes. There is also farmland extending off the east face of the village.

>:explore southwest
:It becomes apparent there are four major stores at each corner edge of town. At three stories, they stand taller than the rest. On this side of town there is a colorful toy store, a post office and an apothecary amidst several residential buildings and homes.

>:explore southeast
:It becomes apparent there are four major stores at each corner edge of town. At three stories, they stand taller than the rest. On this side of town there is a store selling musical instruments, a blacksmith’s workshop and a butcher shop amidst several residential buildings and homes. There is also farmland extending off the east face of the village.
This is how far I've branched so far. so any action after those is custom
>+(new path)
>>
>>4925129
Don't be an uncultured lout.