[3 / an / cgl / diy / gd / i / n / out / p / po / qst / s4s / t / trv / vip / vm / vmg / w / wg / wsr / ] [Settings]
Board
Settings Home
/qst/ - Mitsuba Archive

File: qtg_op_purple.jpg (242 KB, 1000x643)
242 KB
242 KB .jpg
Welcome to the hiroshimoot allotted meta-thread, for having fights, whining, and having discussions of varying seriousness. It might not be perfect but it's what we have.

>What is a quest?
A mistake. Also, an interactive story in which the Quest Master writes and provides the readers with options on how to proceed. Dice may or may not be included.

Useful links:
>https://pastebin.com/2T37iDFQ
An old collection of advice and guides. Worth a look for a new QM, though some advice is now dated. Ask in the QTG if you have questions.

Archive of quest reviews:
>http://pastebin.com/u/QuestReviewsArchive

Archiving guide:
Go to http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/requestqstinterface.html
Fill out the request form to archive a thread.
Threads are also automatically archived by other websites, such as archived.moe.

Formatting guide:
Only the thread's OP can format. Changing IPs (eg. from mobileposting) breaks this feature.
Remove the spaces between the [] brackets and the letters:
Bold: [ b ]text[ /b ]
Italics: [ i ]text /i ]
Red: [ red ]text[ /red ]
Blue: [ blue ]text[ /blue ]
Green: [ green ]text[ /green ]

Dice guide: Put "dice+XdY+Z" in the options field, with X being the # of dice, Y being the # of sides, and Z being any modifiers (if applicable). If trying to use negative modifiers, do +-Z, not -Z.

Tripcodes guide: put ##[password] after your handle in the name field, with [password] being the unique password you're using to generate a trip (do not literally put [password]).

Discord link: https://discord.gg/Maxs3ae44D

>QM Question
What is the worst thing a player character in your quest has done, or caused directly?

>Player Question
What are your moral limits for how malicious a player character can act? Whilst still having an in character excuse. In short, what is the limit of edge before you're cut?

>Death Grip on Blighted Salami
Who is best girl that is not the romantic interest?

Previous Thread:
>>4870844
>>
>>4923912
First
>>
>>4923912
>Player Question
What are your moral limits for how malicious a player character can act? Whilst still having an in character excuse. In short, what is the limit of edge before you're cut?

If you think violence and crime and evil in a quest is such a problem you should return to child story books. The world is not static.

The world is a world of change and new discoveries,

And if you think a child shouldn’t understand these things, you are judging by the limits of your experience. It’s easy to say “A child is a child”. And yet, when we ask all the important questions that cannot be answered by “a child is a child”, the clarity is immense. Who taught you to speak?

The coarseness of the language of selfishness and futility.
>>
>>4923912
>QM question
Waifu wars. Fucking Waifus.

>Player
As long as it makes sense and the "distasteful" shit isn't fetishied. If it's all in line then let it be.

>Best girl
Uhhhhhhhhh
>>
>>4923912
Ah yes, /qtg/. The worst kind of discussion threads on /qst/!
>>
>Player Question
As long as it's not ridiculous or magic-realm tier, i reckon most things can go.
>>
>>4923912
>QM Question
Charlotte Fawkins is a good girl who dindu nothin wrong, ever, in her whole entire life, and anyone who says otherwise is a fraud and a liar and probably stupid. The worst thing she's ever done is [REDACTED]. The worst thing the players have ever made her do is watching a guy get fatally shot (as far as you knew) and not intervening or even telling anyone about it for the explicit purpose of blackmailing the shooter... that was thread 3!

>Player Question
I'm alright with most things.... I guess I'd draw the line if it seems like the QM is getting off to the material. Drawn out, grisly, detailed depictions of murder or torture or whatnot start to get kinda weird. Rape is also a no-go if it isn't very, very consistent with the setting or MC (eg. you're playing a barbarian or orc in a primitive kind of setting).

>Death Grip
My MC :^) But really I have a soft spot for Snorri from Open Roads, as I'm sure Weldy knows by now.

>>4923946
Also the best and most middling kinds of discussion threads on /qst/, so it has that going for it.
>>
>>4923942
>Waifu wars. Fucking Waifus.
That's why you only offer ONE Waifu. The players can either take it or not.

If you only give one waifu option, then there's nothing to worry about. And no, waifu does not mean female character, there is a clear difference between a female character and a waifu character.
>>
>>4923949
You can safely have multiple potential waifu candidates, you just have to not incite waifu-factionalism by avoiding making them clear archetypes designed to appeal to particular tastes. Make them nuanced people with similarities as well as differences, and it's less likely to end in e-violence.
>>
>>4923942
Writing can't be distasteful. It's not real life and there is a lot more going on that to process it and write it down. It's very upsetting. There's a lot of anger, it's very upsetting to think about. It's pretty much obvious that we should be united, we should be united against them, and we should be not afraid of them, but angry.

Of course, we should still be united. It's so sad that it has come to this, that this has happened. I think there are a lot of people who don't realize that, or maybe feel sorry for us.
>>
>>4923912

Gotta go with Waifu Wars as well, but maybe im just still salty about Royal Rumble.

As a sometimes QM it is very true that anons will jump to waifuing any female character given even the smallest amount of characterrization or plot relevance. Hard to maintain the middle ground of not aggressively denying your characters personality and also not just leaning into writing VN style heroines for your players.

Though for some quests I guess the VN thing is fine, depends what you want to do.
>>
>>4923912
>>Player Question
I generally draw the line at the PC killing the main heroes of the original story if it's a fanfiction. It just screams "edgy sixteen year old".
Bonus points if they don't even struggle to kill the main character and they insult them and taunt them as they murder them.
>>
>>4923962
It's not going to help

Ultimately, unless you're just copy and pasting characters, said waifu options will be different. And if they're different, differnet people will like it, which means people are going to argue which one is better

Waifu wars are ultimately that, they're arguments over which option is better. Which is why the better choice is to avoid it altogether if you don't want waifu wars.
>>
>>4923964
I don't get what you are talking about Anon.

Rape and torture are the two things I really don't like and find distasteful. There is a world of difference between "She was defiled and maimed before I passed on" and "I grabbed her by the arm, a hand coming round to strike the back of her head to daze her to make the coming act all the easier and. . " blah blah blah, extended and descriptive paragraphs about what exactly is going on written with such prose, that it's not hard to imagine that the QM is getting off of it.

Like thallos ruinbringer, that quest. That guy fucking murdered people, then raped several of his female foes. But it wasn't actually something that was focused on, it was mostly brushed over as not something to really be admired or marvelled at, it's just what is done by the character to enact his fate rending.
>>
>>4923912
>QM Question
I can't think of anything in particular, just unanimously picked boring options I think.

>Player Question
It really depends on the character, and the setting I guess. I suppose I care more about whether or not it's incongruous with the defined character and tone of the quest. Or stupid, I can abide edge but I can't abide stupidity.

Mathilda von Blum, I want to feel her size 3 brogues tread on me.
>>
Hi, haven't here been for a while. Wanna run something but got some questions;
Are OC quests with a non-meme premises getting any players? I know that ones with catchy light novel titles like "My wizard apprentice's yandere monster-mom is in love with me" get a good headstart for silliness and maybe develop into a serious story later, and I also know that quests of established franchises are also an easy sell. Not sure about OCs where it isn't instantly obvious what to expect from the title.
>>
File: swiggity_swag.png (394 KB, 1197x784)
394 KB
394 KB .png
>>4923912

Nice OP image.

>QM Question

Elise Martins is a good, normal-functioning member of society. She has all the characteristics of a human being--flesh, blood, skin, hair-- and has never, EVER done anything remotely wrong. Just ask the local city cops. Worst thing: Rolled a shit roll in the middle of a fight and ended up permanently maiming the traumatized science-experiment. Had it been a nat one, she would've become an amputee. We also trashed our bro's ribcage and gashed his head before leaving him in a sewer. Oh, and then there's that pesky flesh-craving-- very good conversation starter!

>Player Question

Anything that remotely resembles shit an edgy teen on wattpad would write.

>Death Grip

Of course every QM's gonna say their MC, and I'm no different in that regard. Second best waifu is the rescued science experiment we traumatized. Third... uhhh... shit... It's probably that yandere chemist that wants MC's older brother's chastity.
>>
>>4924002
Well, there's a few that are pretty good, some that finished recently or went in hiatus.

One of those that's still running that i like is Gaol Quest, it's a pretty fun drawquest about being in some weird prison planet. It's not particularly LN-ish or pandering, and the setting itself is fairly interesting, being some weird blend of sci-fi and fantasy.

It's not some waifufest either. I mean, there's Petunia, and granted, she's very obviously on the path to being the sole love interest, but she's more of an actual character with issues that aren't just shown as QuIrkY, it's an actual problem.
>>
>>4923978
Sure, waifu wars are not always avoidable, but if you make your waifu candidates designed to appeal to certain tastes each, then you're dividing players into often quite bitterly opposed camps right from the get-go. I've seen waifu disputes resolved without much fighting, but when the choice is between character archetypes it's always more bad-tempered and turns vicious quicker.

>>4924002
A large fraction of the quests in the catalogue are OC, and some of them are good and popular. You don't get the popularity bootstrap that being fanfic provides but if your title and blurb is interesting you'll get clicks.
>>
File: 1624432338247.png (674 KB, 600x616)
674 KB
674 KB .png
How do I MSPaint?
I have basically everything ready, and could start but I really want to draw.
Turns out I can't even make a circle without my hands shaking really bad. I even fuck up with lines.
I'm (obviously) not trying to become good at it but I want legibility. What should I be doing? Should I just say "fuck it" and use regular images?
Also, I do have a tablet + pen but that's way harder somehow and it's also for work.
>>
>>4924018
Don't use MSPaint. If you want something simple and Paint-like but not retarded, use paint.net (it's a program, not a website) that might work better for you.
>>
>>4924018

Niggra you should see some of my drawings from when I first started out (picrel is an example). Just remember that for every good drawing a QM makes, there are about a dozen “failures” somewhere in their trash folder/trash bin.

So 1) practice makes perfect.
2) don’t get discouraged if your first drawings aren’t what you expected. Your players will appreciate the effort you put in regardless

Also a good alternative to a drawing tablet is to just draw your stuff on paper and take pictures of it on either a scanning app or camera depending on the picture. Works for me since I’m way to lazy to use my own tablet.
>>
File: 1471703348500s.jpg (2 KB, 125x124)
2 KB
2 KB .jpg
I wish I could go back and apologize to my players in all the quests I have abandoned.
Except the one that was picked up by someone else, and got to be written like a 10 times better than I could have. I am not sorry for that one.
>>
>>4924030
I think I know who you are
>>
>>4924018
Don't use Paint. Use a program with a line stabilizer: I like Autodesk Sketchbook, but almost any free art program not named MS Paint will have one.

>>4924002
Yeah, they get players. They don't get as many as fanfic or shitposts, but it's 100% possible to run a serious OC quest on this board. Just don't drop it.
>>
>>4924030
What quests? There's nothing wrong with apologizing directly. For a lot of people it's better to have closure that the QM just can't run anymore rather than rather than to be left in a limbo of not knowing if they are alive or dead.
>>
>>4923942
>>4923968
>Waifu Wars
Explain further
>>
>>4924002
I run a text heavy quest with an OC premise about working a desk for an intelligence agency and even I have five or six people reading by my count.

I mean, it depends what you expect. You aren't going to be doing Fate quest numbers with OC and thats okay.
>>
>>4924043

Well, Shirou, its when the fight over best girl or who the MC should fuck becomes so violent it disrupts the quest. You should know this, of all people.
>>
>>4924002
Yeah there's a few that get a good number of readers, MS Paint quests, text quests, and actual draw quests alike.
>>
>>4924043
A "waifu war" is what happens when players disagree on who should be the romantic interest of the PC, and then start tearing strips off each other while they fight over who to kiss. The rage a waifu war generates can seriously damage a quest by spamming its thread and pissing off its players, and there's one quest that's still famous for its legendary waifu war six years after it finished.
>>
File: Spoiler Image (474 KB, 1000x643)
474 KB
474 KB .jpg
>>4924013
>Nice OP image.
Thanks but I actually uploaded the wrong version of it.

>>4924002
>Are OC quests with a non-meme premises getting any players?
Yes.
>Not sure about OCs where it isn't instantly obvious what to expect from the title.
It probably means they needed to do a better job of making a title.
As a tangent, to be frank, when making a title for your work, it's best to be extremely direct. For example, a reliable option is [Noun] [Verb]er quest, a blunt statement of what the main character is and what they do, or [Setting Element] Quest or [Plot Element] Quest, where the standout thing is advertised right on the cover. The title can be its very own hook as long as you don't play coy about it. Neuromancer, Dragonlance. Double Indemnity. The Maltese Falcon, The Black Company, this stuff's been done, don't have to think too hard about it, just don't make your title something artsy for the sake of it. Brief and punchy. I still don't understand LN titles being what they are besides as a marketing gimmick to try and be more absurd than one another.

>>4924018
>How do I MSPaint?
Don't. It's not a good program. It's the equivalent of using the back of an index card for drawing instead of getting a piece of actual paper. An artist isn't necessarily limited by their tools but you can bet they'll do worse if you break their fingers. Download quite literally anything else. Even people who claim to use MS Paint tend to just use another program but turning anti-aliasing off for the effect, it's a completely unnecessary handicap.
>Turns out I can't even make a circle without my hands shaking really bad. I even fuck up with lines.
Practice. Also, try drawing with your arm instead of your wrist. You have better control over a wider area that way. Do gesture practice to get more confidence with your lines, the more important thing often is a sense of motion and weight rather than precision, at least starting out.
>What should I be doing? Should I just say "fuck it" and use regular images?
If you want- it *is* less work. However, even if you're unsatisfied with your level of drawing ability, nobody ever gets better without practice, so you may as well do it.
>>
File: 2dd.jpg (40 KB, 600x600)
40 KB
40 KB .jpg
>>4924036
Y-you do?

>>4924042
Well some of them are rather ancient. Got one or two even from before /qst/ was a thing. Though I suppose back on /tg/ the race was much closer so I doubt anyone missed those.
>>
I'll show you /qtg/! I'll show you all and become the best QM this site has ever seen! I'll topple all the giants and stand at the apex!
>>
>>4924058
The only way to topple QMs is writing vorefics of their MCs, this is proven and tested.
>>
>>4924056
ElsweyrQM...?
>>
>>4924051
>>4924047
Is that what "Royal Rumble" was six years ago? A huge Waifu War battle royale?
>>
>>4924058
You are not Graves, Nor are you Questdrone or Storyteller.

I name you liar, for these ancients are indominable in their deaths. Even now, A new contender rises, Malal of the Primarchs and Luo the diminished each stand as worthy foes.
>>
>>4924058
I am going to win the quest cup instead of you. Rather that I do it than to I let let you do it
>>
>>4924062
Vorefics only made Fate quest stronger
>>
>>4924066
Nah, Royal Rumble was like a week ago. And it might come back though the QM said they were pretty bummed by all the arguing.

I actually don't know what anon meant about the big one six years ago, and that's because several come to mind.
>>
>>4924067
>>4924068
I have far more power than you could possibly know.
Even now, my machinations are in progress.
My reign will begin soon.
>>
>>4924058
SOM? You're back?
>>
>>4924074
Ok I will owe you $100 Paypal if you win but if I win I want you to leave Quest and pay me $100 Paypal.
>>
>>4924071
The one I'm talking about is Princess Guard Quest. I read that quest from cover to cover and the waifu wars were truly something to behold and what it is mostly remembered for. I've seen people still salty about it in the qtg multiple times before.
>>
>>4924074
Well be sure to link it here so we can shitpost in your shadow, anon
>>
>>4924077
No.
I am not a shadow of the past.
I am a new messiah.

>>4924081
Shitpost in my shadow?
You already do.
>>
>>4924064
Ah, nah. You know what, I list my old quests and issue an official apology on the off-chance someone played them.

>>4924053
>It probably means they needed to do a better job of making a title.
Thanks this is pretty good advice. Now I understand that my attitude with quest titles were too much like making a movie or a book. Where the title needs to be mysterous without spelling out what it is about. I can really see now how this is the wrong approach.

>>4924044
Well sure I don't plan on getting famed and rich on writing a quest. Probably won't even be among the top 10 QMs, but that is fine as long as it is played and we are having fun.

>>4924037
>>4924016
>>4924014
>>4924050
That is good to hear. I could have sworn that wasn't always the case. Was I wrong, or just the board changed?
>>
But all jokes aside, who are the Top 10 QMs of all time?
And who are the Top 10 active QMs?
>>
>>4924088
You were wrong. Well, that might have been true for a stretch of time, but I don't think so.
>>
>>4924088
I don't recall it ever having been that way. OC quests might have always been at a disadvantage relative to fanfics, but people have always been running them. Not sure what the situation was on /tg/.
>>
>>4924096
/tg/ had more OC, if anything, along with more people playing in general.
>>
>>4923912
>QM Question
I'll list a few of Stan's antics below. 'Stantics' if you will:
-Kidnapped a guy
-Potentially doomed a list of honor roll students to Fae Abduction
-Crushed someone's windpipe in a fugue state
-Pissed off her extremely chill brother to the point of being completely cut off
-Blew up her old High School
-Gave someone a complex by beating them in chess too many times
-Burned countless miles of Redwood Preserve
-Might have caused a Skeleton Apocalypse

Some of these are story-related, others are player-induced. The list continues to grow!

>Player Question
I feel like I'm of the same mindset of several other players/QMs here: I'm pretty chill with acts of cruelty and nastiness so long as they're in-line with the character. If, out of nowhere, the character does something completely uncharacteristic of them, we'll have a problem. Otherwise this is /qst/--weird and ethically-questionable shit is always bound to happen.

Petunia in Gaol Quest and Clarissa in A Herald's Journey.
>>
>>4924042
Alright here it goes. I was in a bad place for a long time switching between "I wanna make something nice" and "I am wasting my life" that always eventually had me broken. If anyone read my stuff, and expected more, I am sorry I have failed you.

>Fantasy Commander Quest
In a gunpowder and bayonet fantasy setting you play as a Commissar. Your order was originally a cadre elite monster hunters back in the medieval times, slowly growing in power. At one point following a catastrophe, they seized power over a large population to keep order and aid re-settlement. Centuries later as monsters ran out, turned into a military dictatorship.
MC is in middle of an expansion war, committed fratricide for a dying friend, taking his daughter, then using prisoners to save a still habited town from getting Salted-Earth-d by artillery.

>Paladin Quest
You are a paladin with great might and virtue. Somehow you ended up at the gates of Hell though. Despair, and join the forces of evil? Or time to wage an eternal one-man war against darkness? Either way, the planes of hell are endless, the afterlife is your oyster!

>Venerable Ancient Quest
Rotaken, grandest of warriors and founder of his own prosperous clan, entered old age, and was asked to be entombed below his ancestral home, clad in the mightiest armour and weapons. magic dreadnought With the single request that he is awakened at the end of days so he may battle alongside his clan.
Well, he wakes, and it seems Armageddon came and went, killing all the gods and monsters, and leaving his clan as sniveling primitives who can't even fight orks raiding them.

>Royal Monster Quest
You are Kokabiel, a creature of light mixed with demonic darkness as your creator hurled you through an army of them at your birth. You land on a steampunk world years ahead of said army. Your mission is to try and prevent the death of all things.

I am sorry to you all. And lastly;
>The beginning posts of Tai Lung Quest
No regrets on that one, all the OCs and canon characters are just so great, and the general plot direction is also fantastic. No way I could have done something like that. Players are also fantastic, and obviously have love for the characters and the premise. I am not sure how it is now, since I let it pile up since last year for later reading. It really gets me moving if I read too much.
>>
>>4924132
Someday someone will recognize the trip I use and call me out on abandoning a quest all the way back on /tg/ like seven years ago.

We all get whats coming to us.
>>
>>4924132
Oh right there was also an Overlord quest, where you play as a dead necromancer from a world where necromancy had slow and insidious corruption. You stand before trial in heaven and acquitted. Also sent on a job to protect a world.
Players entered the body of a skeleton overlord and slowly stared to build their powerbase and trying to find out what the world needed protection from, since the angles was not at the liberty to tell.

The twist? Well they live in a giant mountain volcano, where every two-bit dark mage and monster has the title of "overlord" and they constantly wage mini wars on each other.

You know lining them up like that I am starting to see a pattern in my quests. I am not sure if that is good or bad.

>>4924143
I think your own conscience is the heaviest burden. I mean I doubt anyone lost as much sleep over these quests as I did.
>>
Capeshit except you don’t play as a hero, villain or goon. You just work from 9-5 under Lexcorp’s financial wing.

Yes or no?
>>
>>4924158

How are you going to make doing Lex's accounting exciting?
>>
>>4924109
>/tg/ had more OC
That's completely untrue. More players probably, but not more OC. The big reason quests got kicked off was because, at the time the boards split at least, there are a total of ten Dragon Ball and Naruto quests, not to mention the rest of the fanfic shit.
>>
>>4924165
I might be misremembering, and I wasnt active on the chans for a few years including when the board split happened.
>>
File: dabdab.gif (135 KB, 250x203)
135 KB
135 KB .gif
>>4924160

ERP, of course. Enterprise Resource Planning.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZZ1lTU67a4
>>
>>4924171
I like the idea of managing, but it's fucking Lexcorp. You'd be doing nothing more than counting beans.

You need something that'd make it so you can take actual interesting decisions.
>>
>>4924171
>>4924178
Maybe being Penguin or Black Mask's accountant? You know someone with still a lot of money, but not one of the most methodical businessman of the entire setting.
>>
>>4924171
Lex Luthor's Personal Assistant? That way you get a little more agency while also preserving a bit of freedom and the monotony of office life.
>>
>>4924171
Do not ERP
>>
>>4924188
That would be interesting, but then you wouldn't be an accountant as much as an gangster, right? Though i guess even criminal empires need people counting stuff. Problem is, you wouldn't really be taking any decisions.
>>4924190
That would probably give you more agency to do stuff, but he'd need one hell of a good reason as to why Lex is letting some rando take decisions for his financial empire.
>>
Eclipsed Moon Quest Update

>>4924240
>>
>>4924196
just try and stop him
>>
>>4924307
ERP is bad
>>
Waiting for (you)s is the worst. Where is my heroic samefag to post like 5 votes in quick succession so I can move on?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWcASV2sey0
>>
>>4924322
what's your quest fag
>>
>>4924326
Youre mom
>>
>>4923912
> Player Question
It depends on the quest and gow serious it is. If it's clearly a shitpost quest, or the QM is just having fun with it, them a bit of sociopathy and dickbaggery is all in good fun. In a more serious quest, it really depends on how deeply the character's morality has been established and whether the proposed action feels right or goes too far off the deep end.
>>
File: 1626394275661.png (96 KB, 500x367)
96 KB
96 KB .png
>tfw anon goes full edge lord chunibo on a qst
>tfw we have another internet world conflict over the. Jpgs
>>
>>4924160
Anything can and will go wrong in a giant corporation with rabid factionalism trying to determine the company’s policy, a CEO trying to kill Superman himself, shady business practices, a volatile market on all fronts and more. Think of all the possibilities to win or lose it all.
>>
>>4923912
>>Player Question
Honestly I kinda burned myself out on playing malicious characters, its fun at first but i got over it. Being a morally good character is honestly harder to do
>>
File: 1465671247254.png (220 KB, 409x409)
220 KB
220 KB .png
Sup /qtg/. Glad to see y'all still kicking.
>>
Names are much much harder than I thought I need a last minute solution for making them up
>>
>>4924693
Name generators exist, pull up one.
>>
Eclipsed Moon Quest Update:

>>4924760

checking up on the status of a friend in sudden self imposed gaming exile, with unexpected interference.
>>
File: 1612477395450.gif (180 KB, 404x416)
180 KB
180 KB .gif
>>4924693

A name-making strategy that's worked for me is
>find a name that sounds good to you
>make a name that has meaning

Option 1 involves looking down long lists of names until you find one that stands out to you. You then do this with the last name and BOOM you have a name.

Option 2 involves a little more thought. You find a name that corresponds to a characteristic/personality trait of your character-- you can even make your character's name a reference to something (show, book, your mum, whatever...).

I.e. You got a really thoughtful or smart guy? Name him HUGO, cause Hugo means 'mind.'

Got a gal that likes nature but already has a first name? Give her a spankin' last name like Grün or Ziemiski (Grün = green in German; ziemi + ski = literal meaning is 'of Earth').

THERE! Now you got a totally ORIGINAL and SUPERCOOL name for your OC!
>>
>>4923912
>What is the worst thing a player character in your quest has done, or caused directly?
Tough to say. The MC in my current quest fucked two people to death in an alley, albeit under demonic influence, and also stabbed a coworker who trusted her to maintain her cover. In my last quest, the ruling council attempted ethnic suppression through the sacrifice of sapients in a secretive blood ritual.

>What are your moral limits for how malicious a player character can act? Whilst still having an in character excuse. In short, what is the limit of edge before you're cut?

It's less about the terribleness of the act and more the degree of sadistic glee in which it is described. A character can do some pretty awful stuff glossed over or 'off-screen' and I can still enjoy roleplaying a villain, but if it gets too granular and detailed, I'm forced to stew in it and it becomes less enjoyable. It can get too real. At the very least, it implies that the awful details are the focal point of the story, whereas I prefer them as means to an end.

>Who is best girl that is not the romantic interest?
Whoever has the best butt and flirtiest banter, usually.
>>
>>4924018
I used MSpaint for my quest because I was too lazy to download something better and I still have tons of trouble with circles, you get better with it over time though.
>>
Don't join the tranny discord server if you can't handle criticism, retards.
>>
>>4924796
Albeit
>>
Don't join the tranny discord if you can't handle a couple rapes retards.
>>
>>4923912
>QM question
I think an extended argument over some of the rules. I also had a minor shit storm over a pivotal branching plot point. (Paragon route vs Renegade route.) Frankly it was pretty tame by /qst standards.

>Player Question
It depends on how evil the character is suppossed to be in the first place. I tend to dislike senseless cruelty though.

>Best non-love interest girl
Uhh... Yule fowl from Royal Rumble?
Adviser Drone from Moe Drone skirmish?
Bah these barely count. I guess I'm a sucker for cute mascot characters.
>>
>>4923912
>>Death Grip on Blighted Salami
Megan "Pixie" Gwynn
>>
>>4923912
>QM Question
Herald has done some pretty cold shit, but I think the harshest thing he did thread 1 was casually throw a harpy's eggs off a cliff until her hands were too full so they could cut her head off, then sold the remaining eggs into slavery for easy cash.

That description alone would probably make the quest seem super edgy, but thread 1 was just a whole different beast compared to the rest of the quest.

>Player Question
Nothing is really out of the question for me content wise, but the one thing I never want to see as a player character is rape. I'm all for murder and thievery and doing fucked up shit, and I don't mind if rape is in a story (as long as it doesn't go into unnecessary detail), but I do not want to be playing a main character that does it.

Royal Rumble: Sasha for sure
Bones Quest: Mitzi easy

Quest Status: Still on hiatus for the foreseeable future, been taking time to catch up with school and other real life responsibilities. Still hope to make a return in September, or December at the latest.
>>
File: thumbnail_IMG_0144.jpg (206 KB, 1280x1105)
206 KB
206 KB .jpg
>>4924856
Well yeah, but the stabbing was all the players.
>>
Saiyan Conquerer Quest is possibly the biggest turd that has even been laid upon Dragon Ball Z and perhaps fiction as a whole.
And I don't even like DBZ.
The amount of problems it has can't be listed because it would take me all day but lets go through a few.
>inconsistent characterization
>inconsistent mechanics
>dense plot armor around the MC means he always wins
>characters imported from canon are heavily OOC.
>characters stolen from other settings are even more OOC
>crosses over with whatever the QMs crunchyroll subscription lets him watch without rhyme or reason.
>breaks lore
>REALLY breaks lore
>a fundamental misunderstanding of a setting designed to be comprehended by actual children
>JOJO REFERENCE?
>retarded MC
>retarded cast
>retarded players
>retarded QM
It's cringe.
So cringe.

My captcha was RTX 0N.
No relation to anything I just thought it was funny.
>>
>>4925212
Could you please not bring this stupid topic into a fresh new QTG? Who cares?
>>
>>4925223
It reflects poorly on our board that this AO3 tier garbage is one of our longest running quests.
It must be destroyed.
>>
>>4925230
The only thing that reflects on is the consistency and patience of the QM, which is something to be commended. Just don't click on the thread if you don't like it. Nobody's forcing you to be mad on the internet.
>>
>>4925232
QM deserves only scorn for his steaming trailer park dump of a quest.
>>
Will Sworn to Valor ever return?
>>
>>4925230
>>4925230
The only thing consistently cringier than SCQ is you, you obsessive weirdo.
>>
File: its kinda obvious.jpg (59 KB, 960x882)
59 KB
59 KB .jpg
>>4924121
>Petunia in Gaol Quest
>Not romantic interest
>>
>>4924121
I saw some anons consider romancing the goblin rape-victim and she's getting kinda close to Herald recently. Sure do hope it won't happen.
>>
>>4923912

>What is the worst thing a player character in your quest has done, or caused directly?

the player character has only managed to cause harm to himself so far
>What are your moral limits for how malicious a player character can act? Whilst still having an in character excuse. In short, what is the limit of edge before you're cut?

not really a fan of rape or sadistic toruture but everything else is basically fair game
>Who is best girl that is not the romantic interest?

The Mc little sister
>>
>>4924773
>>4924697
>>4924693
You guys are completely overthinking things. Just steal names from things. Lift them wholesale, or take a first name and switch it with an another last name. As an example, I named my MC Reggie Mantle. In a month, my quest will have been running (sporadically) for a year, and no one has picked up that I have completely ripped off Archie Comics.

Also, Collapsing has resumed. I should be able to post again, regularly. At least until the start of the Fall Term in late August.
>>
>>4925545
I never steal names wholesale, only halfway. Like giving a character the last name of 3.6 Roentgen man because it amused me.
>>
>>4925559

Based and Radiation pilled
>>
>>4924693

Button mash and add vowels
>>
>>4924619
Good to see you’re still alive. What are you up to these days, SOM?
>>
>>4925212
For as much of an obsessed schizo you are, you do make few valid points in there.
>>
File: Spoiler Image (289 KB, 500x366)
289 KB
289 KB .png
>>4925302
You pick the boat you get a fuck is just the natural order of things anon
>>
>>4925604
A bit of this and that, but I sometimes like to check how /qst/ is doing, and to make sure there's still some Dragonball on this board.
>>
Want to write things happening, but players are simpy cowards and don't make enough big moves to get things happening. It's like giving agency to a retarded puppy and all it can do is shit on the carpet and eat it. All I see to do is I gotta fuck 'em up a bit. Any alternatives?
>>
>>4926029
Try to make it clear that if they don't do something drastic then someone is going to fuck up something they like.
Give them a puppy and then say that if they don't fuck up the bad guy he's going to kill the puppy.
>>
>>4926029
It'd help if you could be a bit more specific about the problem, but here's a few ideas off the top of my head:

1. If you haven't already, make sure your quest offers player prompts besides WRITE-INs. Sometimes players just wanna choose from a multiple choice list. I generally put a WRITE-IN option at the bottom of every choice just in case.

2. Change your prompts a bit. If you don't think the players are 'going for it', there's a chance that you're probably not giving them the right choices.

3. Let the world live a bit while they mess around. If they're being too hesitant, have other characters act a bit. If there's a love interest they like, have a rival lover appear. If they aren't hurrying to a destination, have something happen that will make them want to hurry.

Not sure if those ideas help or not, but there are other ways to encourage players besides fucking them up. Granted, that option is always viable, but remember that you've got a LOT of freedom in this medium to work with. Hope this helps!
>>
Eclipsed Moon Quest Update

Dragging the unprepared into a true demesne of madness and potential horrors.

>>4926260
>>
Thinking about rebooting an old quest I ran for a bit where you olayed as a predator.

Ya know what why not switch it up and play as a colonial marine...
>>
>>4926429
What if you play as a Predator who hunts other Predators who broke Predator laws? That'd be cool. Inb4 we Chris Hansen our way with a Predator that poaches humans.
>>
"I know who you are, you're the predator. Or as I like to call you, pred-handsom. I'm not here for the hunt. I ain't got no skulls no spines no nothing, Im here for predator butt. Now we can do this the easy way, or the hard way, the choice is yours."
>>
>>4926824
>>4926824

whale attack update
>>
What tropes/mechanics do you anons dislike in quests? Don't have to be objectively bad, just whatever's on your mind.
Mine is RPG inventory management.
>>
The Iliad x Groundhog Day loop for all the characters. Thoughts?
>>
>>4927183
Time loops are good for shenanigans but not great if you want anyone invested in any kind of story. Also difficult to find good endings to.
>>
>>4927162
Harems and waifu wars
>>
>>4927205
Do you prefer if there's no waifu or if there's really just one designated or chosen love interest?
>>
>>4927218
Either works. There should either be no waifu at all, or just one waifu from early on. Waifu wars get more toxic the longer they drag on without resolution and they guarantee some anons will be unhappy and drop the quest. And harems are just retarded.
>>
>>4927183
Make it the Tain instead
>>
>>4927235
While I personally like harems I do hate waifu wars. I've never been a fan of any kind of will they/won't they plot. Either be friends or get together. Even real people (other than teenagers, I suppose) don't beat around the bush for months or years without doing anything about it unless there are very good reasons for it. And if there are very good reasons then the story should probably be about handling those issues rather than the aforementioned beating around the bush.
>>
>>4927246
Why do you like harems? It's just pure wish fulfilment that the waifus would set aside their differences and happily accept sharing. And having the quest be about realistic relationship problems is just no fun. I instantly drop any quest that goes that way.

But yeah, dragging things on sucks. It means either the qm is an immature kid that doesn't know better, or he is deliberately stoking the flames of a waifu war for the yous. And while a waifu war may be good for the yous, it only leaves ashes in its wake.
>>
>>4927272
Ok, so this doesn't apply to harems where all the girls are all over the guy and are just sort of friends or rivals with each other.
I very specifically like harems where everyone is into everyone else, or as close as you can get. I like flirty and romantic interactions between characters and harems where everyone is into everyone else sets up the situation where so long as there are two or more characters that are part of the harem in focus then those sorts of things can happen.
It lets you play with the dynamic and put different groups of characters in the spotlight while still allowing for romantic and flirty things to happen.
Even in situations where multiple couples are present you can't, say, have a situation where three people are all flirting with each other, trying to out-do each other in being lewd without outright saying it, and then at the end of the scene have the tension released by fading to black with an implied "and then they fucked."
That is what I very specifically like about that very specific style of harem that isn't very common.

Now, when people normally say 'harem' they just mean a bunch of girls who all like one guy and will fight over him or just be friends together, and that's... ok? But to me it's a wasted opportunity. If I wanted to watch a bunch of cute girls be friends I'd be reading/watching a moe fiction/show, not a harem fiction/show.

Does that make sense? Or am I fucking crazy?
>>
>>4927297
Sounds more like the plot of a porn or an eroge desu. It would not appeal to me at all and I'd be salty as fuck if a quest I liked bait-and-switched me with something like that.
>>
>>4927311
Eh, that's fair enough. To be fair, harems in and of themselves are basically eroge/porn anyways, so if they show up in any capacity then you've already been bamboozled if the quest didn't mention that it'd be a thing.
>>
>>4927205
Harem are fine as long as they're made of interesting characters who are plot-relevant. When they're distractions from the story or all a bunch of bland, one-note observers who just spam their singular personality quirk and bicker or flirt in relation to the MC without contributing anything of worth, that's super lame.

Waifu Wars destroyed my favourite quest and they can fuck off forever.
>>
>>4927319
Yeah. That's why I said I dislike them. I have no problem with haremfag quests existing. To each his own, I just wouldn't start reading a quest that made it obvious this is how it's gonna be. But some QMs think it's is a natural resolution to a waifu war, probably because they don't want anons to get upset and leave when their waifu loses. Or maybe because they think it's funny? I'm not really sure. But I hate it and I've had to drop quests I liked when they turned into a porn game.

Out of curiosity, what quest would you say has done a harem right?
>>
>>4927382
I'm actually fairly new to quests, having only been on the board for a couple months. Mostly I'm reading through some of the highest rated on suptg right now, and a lot of those don't even touch on romance, let alone harems.
>>
>>4927377
I don't see how that can happen. Characters become less interesting when they all decide they want to fuck the MC and have no problem with others fucking him too. It only gets sillier and sillier as the number grows. You'd think someone would just say "no thanks, you can have him. I'll get over it in time."

What was you favorite quest anon?

>>4927388
Yeah. There's a reason for that.
>>
>>4927403
Ah, but you see, while so far none of them have harems, all of them so far have waifu wars, so there's that.
>>
Created my first quest. Any feedback welcome.

>>4927439
>>
A Giant in the Silver Marches will be resuming tomorrow.

http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/qstarchive.html?tags=Silver%20Marches
>>
>>4927388
The Government-Issued GF quests have what are essentially harems, albeit not with everyone actually fucking. Haremvania was a fun one-shot.
>>
>>4927162
What if its less RPG inventory management and more survival horror inventory management, where your items are always limited and can/will be lost forever if you fuck up, and every single object you have has more than its intended use available if voted for.
>>
>>4927162
I feel like if that's going to be a thing, text alone is insufficient--there should be a chart.
>>
>>4927543
I've read Goth and it didn't have a harem.
>>
>>4927712
The extra special one-shot spinoff did, and even the original Goth GF saga includes a small collection of sexy goth babes who either want to be with the protagonist or who he defeats with oral sex[/spoilers], plus a catgirl robot waifu.
>>
>>4927712
>>4927712
The extra special one-shot spinoff did, and even the original Goth GF saga includes a small collection of sexy goth babes who either want to be with the protagonist or who he defeats with oral sex, plus a catgirl robot waifu
>>
>>4927714
Did we read the same quest? The catgirl robot sucked so much that the qm turned her into a villain after she was thrown in the trashnand the other girls wanted to help the mc get it on with his goth gf.
>>
>>4927725
That... doesn't exactly sound like a harem. The way you're describing it it sounds like all the characters were encouraging a monogamous relationship between the MC and the main love interest.
Now, I haven't read past the first thread yet, so I wouldn't know. Are you just doing a bad job of explaining it?
>>
>>4927725
Vanessa obsessively tries to seduce him, granted MAYBE as a test though she later pulls the same stunt with Martin in Tomboy GF, who she has no familial vested interest in testing, and Spanner east out Alessa.That Catastrovania turned into a villainous shitheel doesn't change the fact that it was quest where one audience surrogate main character is surrounded by a milieu of attractive women who he has flirty/sexual interactions with, and many of whom encourage it. It's very harem anime-esque.

Ano in Sidestory Oneshot Super Deluxe Edition actually collects a small harem of wacky sexy roommates. Martin was drifting monogamous when Tomboy went on hiatus, but only after a lot of successful flirting with every attractive woman he met, strip poker, etcetera.
>>
>>4927729
No, I'm saying it didn't have a harem. It's the other anon who's saying it did.
>>
>>4927738
Some silly shenanigans don't make it a harem. The whole quest was about helping the goth gf, every character wanted to help him do it, the mc was depressed when he lost her and the ending was as monogamous as it gets.

Since your definition of a harem is "mc is in the same room with attractive girls who are not his gf", I don't trust your description of the sidestory.
>>
>>4927578
I just don't like a lot of items because there's no way players will remember all the shit they've bought/obtained. And nobody ever checks inventory, even when they are in shop, trying to buy more garbage. Some anon in Herald quest bought a duplicate crowbar without checking inventory first. There's a ring, which lets Herald you look back in time, landed in the bag of holding and was forgotten after its very introduction.
It's just not doable without QM constantly bringing items into attention himself unless all players have massive autism and spreadsheets opened in front of them for each post.
>>
>>4927738
The original Catastrovania is from Hikikomori Quest, she's basically become a meme character in the drawfag cabal's quests, so she was probably not intended to be part of the harem.
>>
>>4927829
>forgotten after its very introduction
You're lying. The players voted to use it at least two or three times since they got it, and each time it's helped.
>not doable without QM constantly bringing items into attention himself
Is it possible included with votes? Like this:

Select ONE.
>Scale the pyramid to that open landing using your power! There should be enough space to find an easier way in... or make an easier one. (Uses [Thorn Tendril], power cost 10/140.)
>Use the shaped charge to break that doorway down! Compared to the landing above, it should be a safer way into the pyramid. (Uses 'shaped charge', 1 of 2.)
>Attempt to pry the doorway open with your vines! The space around and between the door edges looks enough to get a hold on. (Uses [Manifest Vines], power cost 2/140.)
>Remain where you are and scan the nearby area with that new power of yours. There doesn't seem to be any at first glance, but you learned your lesson last time. (Uses [Ocular Stalk], power cost 10/140.)
>Remain where you are and contact base to report your progress. (Uses 'void transceiver', 3/5 uses remaining.)
>>
File: AGitSM_Thumb.jpg (6 KB, 250x191)
6 KB
6 KB .jpg
A Giant in the Silver Marches, finally resuming.

New thread:
>>4928012
>>
File: Enclave Remnant Quest OP.png (1885 KB, 2560x1600)
1885 KB
1885 KB .png
Enclave Remnant Quest has started

2nd Thread is here:
>>4928039
>>
>>4927767
That's like saying Everyday Monster Girls isn't a harem anime because the main character only marries and fucks one of them... Except Spanner actually spied on, flirted with, and had oral sex with some of the other attractive women in his , shall we say, 'entourage'.

>>4927857
And yet she filled a harem anime archetype of the insecure, nerdy hanger-on.
>>
>>4928075
I'm still seething that spanner sent her up the tube.
>>
>>4928150
Same.
>>
>>4927738
Wild how Gov Issued GF has these autistic discussions even when there’s no thread.

Soon.
>>
File: Holotable.jpg (166 KB, 1920x1140)
166 KB
166 KB .jpg
>>4928205
>>4928205
>>4928205

SCII: Sector Command Continues with the Highfort Campaign and the logistics behind it.
>>
File: 1626981185055.jpg (53 KB, 1080x382)
53 KB
53 KB .jpg
>>4927923
>YOU'RE LYING
Meds. Everyone forgot it existed, then someone realized it's a thing while exploring the sewers (picrel). Then it took approximately an entire thread for someone to remember it again, only since then it's somewhat memorable.
And that's just one versatile item, actually important enough to be worthy of being mentioned by QM in choices, imo.
>and each time it's helped
and it has nothing to do with the fact that huge inventories with abundance of roleplay items are unused in quests for the most part.
Buying and managing 50ft of rope, shovels, fishing rods, slingshots, fireworks, and hooks in what's effectively a multiplayer CHYOA is out of place and if all players were to engage in those Walmart/loot sorting discussions, quests would take decades to complete.
Go buy third crowbar to open boxes you could easily pry open with Decimator if this hurts you so much.
>Is it possible included with votes?
Good luck to any QM who tries doing that for each update with 20 items.
>>
>>4928179
I sure hope so. Martin is my favourite of the protags so far.
>>
File: eyes.png (857 KB, 800x450)
857 KB
857 KB .png
Alright, time to put the desire of a new quest and the good lessons I have learned about title selection to use!

Fallen Angel in a Broken World Quest is live!
>>4928260
>>4928260
>>4928260
>>
>>4928264
banished did it
>>
>>4928492
Maybe I was wrong about that last part, then. What quest?
>>
Immortal Meatbag Thread is live:
>>4928452
>>4928472
>>
>>4928525
http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=banished
players acquired a bag of holding cloak, cue them eventually putting everything they can in it plus their dick. my impression is the qm puts the onus of inventory memory on the players by giving them a pastebin for their crap and calling it a day.
>>
>>4927829
>>4927923
>>4928264
Criticisms about AHJ inventory are completely fair.

I'm the type of player in DnD who loves having a bunch of items and figuring out how to use them in creative ways. Even in quests like Bones Quest I'm often trawling through the pastebin of items to see if there's anything flashy or creative that can be done, so I figured doing something like that would be fun for AHJ.

If you're not that type of player though, I can imagine the large inventory size all stored in a pastebin can be daunting or obnoxious to pour through, and that it's easy to forget the less memorable items. I will say at the very least though that I'm pretty sure the Elden Ring has been used in each thread since its introduction, though items like the crowbar, shovels, rope, grappling hook, and other more mundane pieces of equipment are often forgotten. I'll try to be better about putting relevant item usages in choices!
>>
>>4928663
Remember: if you ever have trouble with crowbar uses, remind yourself of Gordon Freeman (rip HL3)
>>
>>4928264
>with the fact that huge inventories with abundance of roleplay items are unused in quests for the most part.
I guess you could do it old school survival horror style. A small inventory but all the items are useful relevant.
>>
File: borgar.gif (1095 KB, 540x405)
1095 KB
1095 KB .gif
IYO, what is the best quest on this board?
>>
>>4928745

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHxyZaZlaOs
>>
>>4928940
Ever, in recent memeory, or with a currently active thread?
>>
>>4928950
current preferably but anything decent with good length
>>
>>4928940
best as in:
>well-written
the fq spin-off
>fun
hfy
>favorite
mine
>>
>>4928951
I usually prefer shorter running quests, alas.

Shopkeeper Quest, Hobo's Epic, and Haremvania were good one-shots.

Kobold Quest was good while it lasted; I haven't checked out Gnoll Quest, but I'd wager it's good, too.

Royal Rumble was solid, as were the Government-Issued GF series and Gender Bender DNA Twister Extreme. I hope they all come back.

Monster Facility Builder, The Demon Ring, and Sayain Awakening Quest are both off to good starts. The first one even has a few threads under its belt.

I fell off of Humanity Fuck Yeah, but I enjoyed its start a lot.
>>
>>4928951
Valeb Quest. It's great, and it's long.
>>
I enjoyed the cascadia railroad quest, back when that was still a thing. RIP
>>
>>4928959
you read a good amount of quests well done
>>
>>4923985
If rape is so distasteful then why is it so popular on ao3
>>
>>4929107
Taboo subjext matter attracting a specific niche?

>>4929105
Eh, it's a fun hobby.
>>
>>4929317

The Sunhawks are back on the menu.
>>
>>4928940
Currently? I like 2nd Primarch a lot.
>>
>>4928663
I completely understand the appeal of using items creatively and interacting with environment in ttrpgs, however it's not the same in quests, where you have multiple players control single character and try to agree on what should their actions look like. Usually it's just one anon coming up with a MacGyver plot and everyone else is like "+1".
Having a couple major tools/machanics which are utilized throughout the quest and represent different approaches to overcoming challenges is great, but attaching a detailed inventory is a bit too complex.
Hell, even vanilla D&D has generic supply/tool items to simplify things.
>>
>>4928940
Draw quests or text quest?
>>
Btw any good asoaif quests running?

I like the physeter one but qm takes a bit too long to update
>>
Does your weapon cost four hundred thousand dollars to fire for twelve seconds? Well you're shit out of luck friend cause I don't carry that kinda stock! But I like the look in your eyes son. If you can sell me this pen.."

>>4929487

... shit. You don't have a pen on you do you? No? Alright, sell me this bullet.
MannCo quest has a new update. It's a short one, but I'm hoping to have two out today to make up for that.
>>
File: mann co.png (25 KB, 3114x981)
25 KB
25 KB .png
Does your weapon cost four hundred thousand dollars to fire for twelve seconds? Well you're shit out of luck friend cause I don't carry that kinda stock! But I like the look in your eyes son, you have a job if you can sell me this pen...

>>4929487

...shit. You don't have a pen on you do you? No? Alright, sell me this bullet instead.
MannCo Heist Quest has a new update. It's a short one, but I'm hoping to have two out today to make up for that.
>>
Gnollquest when.
>>
>>4929481
>implying they are not one in the same
do ho ho
>>
>>4929493
None currently running, sadly. Boggs ran House Shryke quite consistently, but the last word from him was that he was moving houses, hasn't updated since July 3. Joe who ran House Reynold and House Borlund has been delayed multiple times for months now. His last tweet was on July 8, expecting to run the following week, but no word from since then. There was a Century of Blood quest running steadily, but the QM lost his notes on pastebin and ended the quest early. Malroy QM nuked his quest after a brief return from hiatus.

And the less said about TrickQM and Joffrey Quest, the better. It is as if the entire asoiaf franchise is cursed, where stories can only be started and never finished.
>>
AW SHIT POKEAUTIST QUEST IS BACK AFTER TWO YEARS
>>4929451
>>4929451
>>4929451
http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/qstarchive.html?searchall=Pok%E9mon+Urban+Quest
>>
>>4929778
>>4929778
>>4929778

No idea if this QM is here, but they really need to learn how to write more than 50 words in an update.
>>
>>4930475
Most qms should do shorter updates
>>
>>4930523
Shouldn't the update just go until there's an important decision to make? Personally not a fan of 10 rounds of combat or a single conversation taking an entire day unless it, like, the climactic engagement.
>>
My dice just don't get rolled half the time, with no changes to what I put in the options field.I'm on PC. What do ?
>>
>>4930787
You mentioned you were on PC, but are you capitalizing the word 'dice' when you put it in the options field? It won't work unless it's lower case.

Aside from that and formatting issues, A.K.A unnecessary spaces and crap, I dunno. You could always test rolling in here a few times if you want.
>>
>>4930852
Capital D
>>
Rolled 5, 1 = 6 (2d6)

>>4930852
lowercase d
>>
>>4930852
Huh. Guess that must've been it. I could have sworn it worked with capitals a few times. Thanks for clearing that up.
>>
>>4930881
Another mystery solved. And people say that the /qtg/ is useless!
>>
>>4930884
But it is useless!
>>
>>4930881
Glad to help, anon--sometimes it's hard to tell whether it's the site acting up or something else.

>>4930871
>>4930874
Thanks, guys--meant to say lowercase d. Coffee didn't kick in yet!
>>
Hey, I am thinking of running a quest but can't come up with a title that encapsulates everything I want it to. So, the setting is lovecraftian (boodborne) horror meets cyberpunk dystopian future with a strong romantic undertone. I'm hoping to explore topics like being rejected by your creator and finding hope and love among humans an in the arms of horrors. My first idea was: In The Pursuit of Nemesis; Love. But the people I asked said that the title was stupid if there wasn't going to be a character named Nemesis, which I agree with. Any ideas?
>>
>>4931059
Christ, that's a stupid quest name. A semicolon? Seriously?
>>
>>4931082
It didn't feel right just using a comma.
>>
>>4931084
A comma sucks, too. It sounds pretentious and uninteresting. The people you talked to are absolutely right.
>>
>>4931090
Cool, can you help?
>>
>>4931092
"In the Pursuit of Nemesis, Love" honestly isn't terrible. A titch pretentious, but if that's your writing style and if the quest involves discovering love while pursuing vengeance, it makes sense. It would certainly stand out.

Alternatives, give it a punchy one-to-three word title (perhaps the standard "____ ____ Quest" and have "In the Pursuit of Nemesis; Love" be the subtitle or tagline in the header image.
>>
>>4931109
Ok, I might do that. Maybe have the tagline change depending on the current goal of the mc.
A different title I just came up with is Nameless Dreams and Neon Nights. I mean, I guess I could always go with Eldritch Cyberpunk Quest if nothing sounds good.
>>
>>4931059
What about just 'Nemesis;Love'?
>>
File: meme anime ajimu.png (483 KB, 870x1300)
483 KB
483 KB .png
It seems not including mechanical info next to choices is better than including it. Do you have the same experience?

Also how does a QM writes himself out of a corner? Basically I have one stat which is seriously hampering the range of options I could offer but if I made it go away it would cheapen the entire quest. Wat do?
>>
>>4931118
Catchy.

"Nemesis;Love - An Eldritch Cyberpunk Quest"? keeps the catchy and unique title in a fashion, and lets players immediately know what they're in for.
>>
>>4931120

>It seems not including mechanical info next to choices is better than including it

Eh, I like to periodically remind players of mechanical consequences and odds of their actions. I don't always do it--they aren't idiots, and they know that there are rolls attached to certain actions--but it can help clarify the risks and repercussions of certain situations when they have a lot of different options on-hand to resolve something of importance.

Also, especially for my quest right now, the affection meter and demonic <WANT> meter are both pretty key to informing how the character feels. Players won't necessarily feel the conflicting emotions of being a secret agent who is worried she's developing emotions for her mark, but seeing the affection meter creep upwards and knowing that 100% comes with benefits and possible consequences gives them their own tangible reason to be cagey. They may not feel the demonic hunger inside them, but seeing the meter creep up and knowing what will happen if they fail to pass the rising DC helps guide their decisions.

>Basically I have one stat which is seriously hampering the range of options I could offer but if I made it go away it would cheapen the entire quest.

I'd probably need more details. I sort of get what you mean, though--I introduced demonic powers and now the players sue them a lot. For me that's a feature and not a bug... But if someone didn't see that coming, it could really throw a quest for a loop. What's your situation?
>>
>>4931116
I personally like Nameless Dreams and Neon Lights, but it's your rodeo, man. The writing's gonna be what rakes people in, though!
>>
I've been toying around with starting a comedy quest where you play as the male best friend of a classic harem protagonist and are blackmailed into "resolving" the harem before the end of the year. But I'm not sure what system would be a good fit. I'm looking at Monsterhearts right now, which gets all the interpersonal drama down, but there's so much queer/ya/supernatural trash on top of it that I'm not sure it's worth it.

Does anyone know any simple systems that do a good job at offering a variety of social playstyles?
>>
>>4931278
I've not played Monsterhearts, but apart from the supernatural elements, surely the rest is just flavour to easily be pronoun-swapped?
>>
File: tegaki.png (119 KB, 942x638)
119 KB
119 KB .png
>>4930485
>>4930520
>>4930547
>>4930798
>>4930876
>>4931406
>>4931460
>>4931477
This quest will self destruct in 74...
>>
File: hyenus.jpg (127 KB, 1200x800)
127 KB
127 KB .jpg
I'll make the 7th thread during the first week of august. Sorry for the wait, been rather busy lately.
>>
>>4931519
Meant for >>4929527
>>
Eclipsed Moon Quest Update.

Skipping school to play an Otome game with friends.

>>4931635
>>
File: 1626664803255.png (1473 KB, 1756x908)
1473 KB
1473 KB .png
>>
File: 2nd primarch meme.jpg (161 KB, 1021x391)
161 KB
161 KB .jpg
>>4931745
We posting these?
>>
Someone know when crab samurai quest will be back or what QM is currently doing?
>>
Animorphs Quest will be back on tuesday. See you then
>>
>>4931771
fuck yeah
>>
>>4931745
Hahaha, yeeeaaah. Still love that quest so far.
>>
File: Tongha meme template.png (874 KB, 1876x1168)
874 KB
874 KB .png
Template for you guys.

pls use
>>
File: file.png (222 KB, 256x330)
222 KB
222 KB .png
I'm pretty tempted to do a Dark Souls quest but I'm torn on some things like how to handle levelling and stats, and whether or not to offer the same plethora of different equipment and items that the games do.
>>
File: 1565749727072.jpg (75 KB, 500x500)
75 KB
75 KB .jpg
>>4928940
My Government Issue Big Titty Goth GF Quest and its Kafkaesque writing is unparalleled. The poignant and nihilistic storytelling is something you won't find anywhere else, and the dialogue flows like a river. While the art not only is appreciated by the sagacious, it requires a keen eye to be fully discerned, not to mention its plot which despite its chaste premise, quickly transforms into a political thriller, which subverts the expectations of its initially seemingly diminutive scope.

It may very well be the greatest quest ever made.
>>
>>4932292
I'd suggest getting your players to vote on a build before starting and then map out the levels and what weapons they'll use before really starting. Then award them upgrades at appropriate times. Obviously don't tell them, but have fun things like special abilities, items and such that you can throw in to surprise them and keep things fresh.
>>
>>4932336
Tomboy GF returning when?
>>
File: 1.png (1 KB, 80x137)
1 KB
1 KB .png
>>4932345
Yeah my idea was to provide starting classes with guidance as to what sort of build they'd be in stat terms and let players choose one, but when it comes to actually levelling up I wasn't too sure whether to go for hard numbers or abstractions. Like, do I say they need x more points in y to do something, or just that they need to be 'better' at it? Do I keep all the different in game stats like vigor, vitality and endurance, or reduce it to a simpler 'body strength' or something?
And yeah my plan was to provide at least a decent amount of items and equipment to keep track of but I wasn't sure whether or not to go full batshit with like, keeping track of consumable items like moss and fire bombs, or just give them 'some' as appropriate.
>>
>>4932384
Some players are going to want to micromanage stats and items, but not many. What's more important is the options you give when you give choices. You don't really need to keep track of stats, only what the stats allow you to do. "You leveled up to level 14" is way less interesting than "You can now wield this cooler, more badass weapon."
I'd keep things down to a lower number of stats. Dark souls can have so many because it's a video game. You are not a computer, so unless you want to spend hours making a spreadsheet try to keep it as simple as possible both for yourself and your players.
>>
>>4932336
I would say pokemon red was the superior Bathsalts quest.
>>
>>4932384
Cribbing off of something like Simple d6 could be useful. I essentially did that for my campaign, with a few modifications and with d20s for a spread and a bit of that NATTY 20 action that is viscerally emotionally satisfying.
>>
Bit of a rookie QM here, but I thought I'd ask: How do you guys handle maps? Is it generally a good idea to provide players with a map, or let them find their own way around? I made one for my own use, of course.

I've been tryna take pointers from how the old Fallout games did their whole shtick, sending players off to one place with the hopes of them inquiring as to the other places they find along the way.
>>
>>4932955
I dunno man. My quest is going to be third person sandbox puzzle-adventure action RPG kinofest
>>
>>4932955
Maps could probably be useful in my quest, but they're honestly one of my least-favourite parts of even running tabletop RPGs. I have awful logistical sense and I prefer vague senses of scale and direction unless a perfect picture and measure of the relationships between various points are integral. I tend to run and play quests the same way.
>>
>>4932966
Yeah, I've been struggling with making sure I can make things fairly realistic in terms of time and distance without also accidentally making everything ridiculously close to eachother. I'm running Gangs of the Waste at the moment using a grid-based map for myself to set the scene.

Desperately trying to avoid the "if the X is like 3 minutes away, why haven't they dealt with it themselves" problem!
>>
File: loveandwar.jpg (55 KB, 817x557)
55 KB
55 KB .jpg
As long as there are two people left on the planet, someone's gonna want someone dead...

>>4932919

You always thought that the man who said that, your former boss and probably the only quiet Australian to ever grace the planet, wasn't thinking big enough. It seemed so obvious, why shoot a gun yourself when people pay you so goddamn much for you to just hand them the gun? Well after blowing the processor of a robot into space with a cocktail of experimental forty-five rounds, you're starting to understand why. You've discovered missing piece that you could never understand while shaking hands with cold blooded killers and war criminals. No one wants to admit it, but love and war makes a man feel ten feet tall.
>>
>>4932960
sounds based when can i play?

>>4932966
>>4932955
this desu. maybe do a pointcrawl instead but really the map is just a way for players to figure out risk/reward and manage their resources. you can just easily do that with choices.

something i realized the other day that really helps with new quests: it's important to make the players feel like they're "winning" in the beginning of the quest. so don't make dcs too high in the beginning.
>>
>>4932984
>sounds based when can i play?
Not anytime soon, that's for sure. But I know in my heart that when I do start a quest, I will finish it irregardless of what happens in my life. I will finish any quest I run, and I will only be stopped by my own fleshbag shell ceasing to function. That's why I'm seriously thinking of running a one-shot or two instead to get a bit more experience as a QM before I start my one and only magnum opus quest. I'm basically going to adhere to the philosophy of "write something you would want to read and play" as well as "put things you like into your work to make it more enjoyable" and "write what you know", the middle one in particular from the guy who made the very good quality Epic Battle Fantasy flash games. My main big quest will have bits and pieces taken from games and things I like all thrown together into one cohesive package, alongside my own inspiration and questions and my own traumas and autistic questions about life and the things in it, the things I've never been told about or had explained to me, and other personal issues presented via characters or situations or antagonists or whatever. At least a few things will be borderline if not outright autobiographical in nature. An undertaking that is impossible for me not to be invested in, for me not to be uncaring about, because it will quite literally have pieces of myself in it. I am not sure if any QM has ever done anything of this nature in their quests or writings on here.
>>
>>4932989
I hope it works out for you, but putting that much of your heart and soul into an interactive medium like questing, let alone on an anonymous imageboard full of horny, anxious weirdos seems like... Maybe not a great idea.

I think you'll find you either end up feeling unsatisfied as the players inevitably defy expectations and drift away from your ideal, or that you'll end up railroading and pushing folks away.

Just my two cents. Good luck!
>>
>>4933001
I want players to defy expectation and drift from my ideal. I want people to give me answers where I couldn't have any of my own. I'm all for that. I will endeavor to never railroad in my quest, though I will keep track of goals and "sidequests" as the quest goes on. Thank you for your well-wishes. I wish you good luck on your own quest too, if you run any. If not, I hope whatever quests you participate in don't die and remain quality.
>>
>>4933005
Thanks for the kind words, but do you really expect a 4chan quest to answer existential questions...?
>>
>>4933071
Good writing is good writing, no matter if it's put in a book or scrawled on a bathroom wall. But no, we don't expect it, but it does happen.
>>
>>4932955
I hate making 'em, but they have their uses, mainly in combat and in 'big picture' situations.

For example, if your players enter some ruins and they're suddenly beset by a horde of spiders, a map might help them figure out how the battlefield is laid out. You can do this with descriptive writing, of course, but a map can sometimes help lighten the load.

Then there's the BIGGER places: hubs, towns, etc. Again, you can probably get by with a list of places to go and some descriptions, but even a shitty drawing with labelled boxes will go a long way--after all, your players might imagine a place that looks very different from your own mental image.

You mentioned Fallout, so this ought to be up your alley: if you don't feel like giving away every single locale in your quest's 'overworld', you can give your players a vague map and have them slowly fill it in over time with points of interest--that way you give your players an idea of what they're dealing with, but you also don't overwhelm them with a million different places.

Finally, a lot of it depends on your writing and art skills. If you're confident in your ability to describe places, you can probably rely on maps less. If you're a fan of doodling, it certainly couldn't hurt to give your readers a picture or two.
>>
>>4930475
Sadly i dont think i can do a longer update thats coherent enough to do justice. I'd rather keep a string of quicker updates when I can to keep the movement going.
>>
>>4933005
>I want players to defy expectation and drift from my ideal.
You do realise they're not gonna do that in a good way. They will likely make their choices based on what gets them their desired waifu, or the biggest power boost.

If they actually discuss any serious choices then they will argue themselves into a stalemate. Because a player base is an aggregate of different desires and values, MCs inevitably end up acting in a boring pragmatic way, or in a completely schizophrenic manner.

The only quests I've seen avoid this where the MC is pretty much a fully formed character and the QM doesn't allow actions that are out of line with the character's personality.
>>
>>4933097

One of your players here. You post often enough its not an issue. Also the fleet/battle comp images are a huge plus and show your dedication.
>>
>>4931519
>>4931521
Niice, thanks qm.
>>
>>4933071
Maybe they will, maybe they won't. It's up to me to find out

>>4933079
Yes

>>4933188
>They will likely make their choices based on
But isn't that expectation in and of itself?
>their desired waifu
I have plans for that
>biggest power boost
Plans for that too
>argue themselves into a stalemate
I like seeing arguments and ideas put forth. I like when anons get serious in choices.
>boring pragmatic way, or in a completely schizophrenic manner
Have plans for both as well
>MC is pretty much a fully formed character and the QM doesn't allow actions that are out of line with the character's personality
This is one method I'll be using in my quest.

Thanks for the post
>>
>>4933083
Thanks for the advice. My entire quest so far has been from a 2D, sideview perspective but I'm now considering doing some kinda basic overhead maps for more complex areas like towns.

My art skills are pretty subpar which is why my quest is mainly pretty basic, shitty pixel-art, but I'll definitely try to work on that 'vague map' system that slowly reveals itself over the course of the game.
>>
testing lol
>>
>>4932989
>I am not sure if any QM has ever done anything of this nature in their quests or writings on here.
I incorporate bits and pieces of myself and people I know into my characters, and the "themes" (I guess) of my quest reflect what personally interests me. I think those are pretty normal things to do. That being said, I'd find it kind of weird and off-putting if a QM revealed that he was putting straight-up autobiographical stuff into the quest... it might be wise to keep that to yourself if/when you start.
>>
>>4933437
Fair enough, thank you
>>
>>4933402
Well then if you can avoid those pitfalls, or at least have them play out differently I genuinely I look forward to seeing how your quest goes.
>>
>>4932420
I thought I might just go the LegoQuest way of 'roll 1d12 for whatever you do!' with hidden bonuses for creativity and those abstracted stats. I considered 3d6 or something because I have a friend who raves about the probability curves but I feel like just the one dice so that every outcome is equally likely fits in with the Dark Souls thing of always being on a knife's edge between a wonderful victory and a horrible defeat.

>>4932397
Excellent, thanks for the tips anon.
>so unless you want to spend hours making a spreadsheet
I did think I might have one for the player's inventory so they can keep track of item descriptions and shit but that's about it.
>>
>>4933189
Thank you, im glad youre enjoying the story so far and hope you continue to play!
>>
More Deniable Assets Quest when?
>>
Immortal Meatbag Update
>>4935047
>>4935051
>>
>>4923968
What happened with Royal Rumble?
>>
>>4935418
I finished reading it and looked like one guy was mad about another dude trying to make the mc homogay, so the gay dude started calling that guy hostile and the others picked up on it.
That and some crazy plan of trying to make the qm quit or something, which might have worked? I don't know what's crazier, the fact he did it or the fact it might have worked.
It's a good toilet read, minus the shitflinging.
>>
>>4935440
I was the get off the waifu coaster poster. My only solace is that, in the end, I was right.
>>
>>4935779
>>4935779

whale update
>>
File: 1622768749835.png (183 KB, 522x624)
183 KB
183 KB .png
>>4935440
>>4935505
Checked out the archives and my impression is fault lies with QM. In the last thread he was casually breaking 4th wall and eager to join discussions he should've ignored instead. No wonder his quest fell apart.
>>
running my first quest as a replacement to not having time for tabletop >>4934968
wish me luck Qsters
>>
Animorphs Quest is back!

>>4935980
>>
>>4936244
How does that justify players acting like obnoxious faggots or just genuinely insanely? It's still the shitty players' fault. No wonder this board is dying.
>>
>>4936305
the QM should just skip him.
>>
>>4936244
I got the impression from the art style that something was wrong, so I just hid it.
>>
Quests you would like to see run.

>Stargate SG1
>Stargate Atlantis
>Stargate Universe
>Battle Star Galactica
>Terminators
>dinosuar
>Toy Story
>GI Joe
>HE-MAN
>Dune
>Historical WW1
>Historical WW2
>Alternate WW1
>Alternate WW2
>Halo
come back thunderhead
>Star Trek
>Zombies
>World in Conflict (Cold war esque)
>XCOM
>DEFCON
>Ace Combat
>Civil war quest
>Red Faction
>Red Faction: Guerrilla

Feel free to suggest more
>>
>>4935440
A few of us voted for flirty interactions with the femboy priest/religious advisor, but Hostile Anon was just chapped about everything, from jot doing enough eocnomic constructions projects to romancing the fine-ass spooky forest princess, to (especially) the gay flirtation.

>>4936343
In what way? It's just Sojourner. He runs The Demon Ring now. He'a run lots of quests, and his art is cool.
>>
>>4936359
>Witcher
>Gothic Horror
>-punk alternate universe
>Sword and Sandal
>Adventure serial/Indy or Uncharted-inspired
>Barsoom
>Cyberpunk 2020
>Bioshock
>S.T.A.L.K.E.R or Metro
>>
>>4936359
Here's one: Phantasy Star
Here's another: Ace Combat without MercCommand's shittery tainting the entire quest
>>
Other QMs, How often should you post updates, its been quite slow and I dont wanna seem desprate
>>
>>4936430
The going rate for updates is one per day. Some quests do more, some do less but if you do less then you'd do well to make anons feel like the long gap was worth it.
>>
>>4936332
The QM shouldn't have to wade through a pile of shit in his hobby thread. Tired of seeing cunty little "this is muh 4chinz" to jusify acting like entitled apes over free content.
>>
>>4936474
No I agree. That's what I'm saying, if no one engages the shit throwers then they will just end up back on b
>>4936466
hah, I ended up posting as soon as I had two replies. Im really enjoying it at the moment its fun to do somthing thats not code.
>>
File: Tiger.png (1771 KB, 800x1208)
1771 KB
1771 KB .png
Forgot to post here last night, but Animorphs Quest is back.

>>4935980
>>4935980
>>4935980

There's a full recap pastebin included for anyone just starting or for those that need a refresher.
>>
>>4936385
>It's just Sojourner
Ah, so his impression was correct. Red flags, red flags everywhere.
>>
>>4936575
>>4936385

Glad to know I was right, but who is Sojourner.
>>
>>4936359
addition,
>Fallout
>F.E.A.R.
>Alien
>Aliens
>Colonial Marines
>Titanfall
>Titanfall 2
>GTA 3, SA, 4, 5
>Zombi
>Judge Dredd (new or old)
>Mount & Blade
>Systemshock
>Systemshock 2
>Mass Effect
>modern day PMC quest
>Drawfag quests
>Drawfag quests
>Drawfag quests
>>
>>4936620
>F.E.A.R.
I've considered this one before (and had ideas for merging it with Metal Gear Solid) but the plot is so central to Alma I wasn't too sure what other elements could be introduced without diverting too much from the series.
>>
Wild that there aren't any Civ quests running. I haven't been to /qst/ in awhile but have they finally died?
>>
File: images (17).jpg (48 KB, 640x480)
48 KB
48 KB .jpg
>>4936359
>>dinosuar
>>4936818
There's a StarCraft civ, might be dead.
>>
>>4936359
>Alien
>Aliens
>Colonial Marines
I am really considering run something.. or continue with my super quest super villain hobo or restart the quest
>>
>>4936818
The current board culture seems to be less friendly to them, partly because they get flaked out on so often, and in a feedback loop the lack of particioation means they are also run (and finished) less frequently. Fae Smelter had a good one going which I hope gets thread 2 soon.
>>
>>4937009
>partly because they get flaked out on so often,
"Regular" quests fail just as often. But plenty of civs use the same image.
>>
>>4936359
>>dinosuar
Not quite but toyed around with the idea of scenario like "lost world where in order to survive against the megafauna, cavemen tribe builds giant robot out of dinosaur bone"
>>
>>4936359
>Ace Combat
>Halo
>Gundam
>Titanfall 2
>Endless Space
>Metro 2033
>Homeworld
>Ben 10 but with cute waifu aliens as the forms quest
>>
>>4936575
Well, I like his shit, anyway. Demon Ring and Royal Rumble have both been good.
>>
>>4931764
Mr Wong is dead. again.

>>4932413
Wait, Goth GF was done by the same guy that did the pokemon red drawquest?
>>
>>4937125
>Mr Wong is dead. again.
Not that guy, but any idea why?

...it's /pol/ related, isn't it?
>>
>>4937134
Don't know. Last thing he said was that he's going on a hiatus for Crab to plot the next session, and IIRC he's dealing with writers block for Swamp.

Of course, he said the same thing about Mecha Space Pirate, so who knows when he'll be back.
>>
>>4937141
Yeah, I remember that much. I was counting down the weeks for when he'd start the quest back up. L5R Chanbara Quest was the first of his quests that really got me interested.

Any idea how long his previous hiatus was?
>>
>>4936359
>Terminators
Which terminator quest would you all play: be Sarah Connor and try to survive and escape, or be the terminator and gather clues and weapons to hunt her down?
Or maybe a post-Judgment Day setting like Terminator Salvation where it's an open-ended humans vs skynet quest?
>>
>>4937148
For Mecha Space Pirate? He went on 'hiatus' over three years ago and never got back to it. He ultimately dropped it because he wrote himself into a corner by making the MC too strong.
>>
File: 1588457833449.jpg (198 KB, 952x960)
198 KB
198 KB .jpg
>>4937159
...so, what I'm getting from what you told me is to abandon hope for ever seeing Daisuke win the hand of Sayaka, and to treat the story as a one-shot, right?

Figures.
>>
>>4937153
Do the future war, but more like what we see in the prologue of Terminator than in Salvation. Pulse rifles and technicals over m16s and A10s.
>>
>>4937153
>be the terminator and gather clues and weapons to hunt her down?
This, complete with fitting music like https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tsL3NOuZ0As
>>
Bros, I'm gonna do it, even if it has no voters. I just want it out of my system.
>>
>>4937253
hell yeah
>>
>>4937125
yes, bathsalts did both. he is the best qm that has ever lived imo
>>
>>4937153
playing as sarah feels meh, we could however play as one of Johns lieutenants that the machines are killing before the war starts. Future war setting would also be okay, being the terminator also sounds interesting.
>>
Someone make a Hufflepuff Villain Quest please?
>>
>>4937458
What would that look like? Poisoning the food?
>>
>>4937490
>"A Hufflepuff Dark Wizard would be the most terrifying possibility.

>Hufflepuff is all about loyalty, hard work, working together and practicality.

>Imagine Voldemort who goes for the kill immediately when he has the chance, backed by an army of personally loyal Death Eaters who aren't in it for the power, fear or racism but because they forged bonds of friendship and loyalty with Voldemort and each other.

>All of them ready to fight together no backstabbing, get dirty and do the hard work of conquering the world before them together!

>With the power of Friendship!" -Anubissama

> You probably wouldn't even realize the Hufflepuff villain was a villain. They're charismatic and beautiful, and they will draw you in. You'll be charmed and swept off your feet before you know it, and slowly you'll come to realize - like so many others have already - that you can't possibly live without them. Oh, they'll return your loyalty in turn, of course. But they'll use you, too. And if you try to break away, your betrayal will probably end with a swift knife in the back, just like you always knew it would. Hufflepuff villains are terrifying because of how easily friendship turns into codependency and abuse, and how readily the Hufflepuff takes advantage of that. And yet, they're so... earnest, and they only want what's best for you. So when the time comes, of course you'll be there, right by their side. You'd give your life for them, after all. - soldiercrabs

> "Hufflepuff villains would be subtle. They'd be disarmingly friendly, and probably part of a team of villains. Unlike many villains, they would actually be loyal to their partners in crime. They'd use charisma and teamwork to pull off their scores." - Crowsdower

> Hufflepuff is all about loyalty and hard work. If a dark wizard did ever come out of their house, I imagine that they'd be pretty horrifying. Somebody with dogged determination, a band of followers who are loyal not out of fear, but out of love. The kind of leader who would draw people of all houses, because they want to make the world better for everybody. If they have to do some bad things to make it happen, so be it. The ends justify the means. They would be the kind of person who has the potential to do great and terrible things, but in a way that would make people wonder if the things done were really that bad, because of how they helped so many people. - Emperor_NOPEolean
>>
>>4937528
Hufflepuff communist revolutionary. Ushering the new era of magical collectivism! Enforcing happy thoughts for the greater good!
>>
>>4937458
>>4937528
If YOU have a idea and want to see it ru. the best person for that is YOU.
>>
>>4937170
Admittedly, I'm being overly pessimistic since I've had so many quests I follow just vanish into the abyss, and MSP hit particularly hard. I'd just keep checking around the usual time he starts and hope for the best.
>>
>>4937009
>>4937012
Yeah this is more what I meant. Just that image of the civ stuff and "first to three" and then it's dropped after about 3 QM posts.
>>
I feel like there are not many questers on here? the posts seem really slow
>>
>>4937786
Is this your first day on the board? It's been this slow for over a year at this point.
>>
>>4937786

What this guy said. >>4937923.

Avg amount of voters is anywhere from 2-5, and, although the response speed is nowhere near that of /tg/, in exchange you get a more committed group of voters as well as having your quest stay for a longer time on the board.

Chances are, if you have a steady stream of quest participants-- however many-- they are indeed regulars and genuinely enjoy your quest.
>>
>>4937533
But anon, that wouldn't be a villain. That'd be based.
>>
>>4928357
Sorry, sorry for the long delay new update is up!
>>
new quest: Godless Quest!

>>4937982
>>4937982
>>4937982

Guide the Shepard and their flock in the literal end of the universe where the maker has decided to undo all of his creation. Has lots of lööps in it. Fashion prompts and encounters for them as they grow strong enough to face the maker himself!

Updates for my other quests:

Governor: Once persona moonless reaches page ten, I will start a new one.

COMPLETE ME: A flesh civ quest: still needs more fleshing out (no pun intended) , might pop up some day with Redux slapped on the title.

F.E.E.D: Extra-dimensional management quest : Some day ? maybe?
>>
>>4937954
What makes a good quest? I want to improve
>>
>>4938063
Practice. Effort. Genuine interest. Art helps, but isn't always necessary.

Honestly though, anon, you're asking a pretty tough question there. A lot of it is based on reader preference--for example there are a lot of good quests on here that I personally am not interested in--some readers like stuff that others don't.

Is there anything in particular you'd want to improve on? Dialogue? Characters? Imagery?
>>
>>4938078
To be honest I think I need better hooks.
I'm running grand papas, and the plan was to make it shit keeps getting worse and worse, but the tone was light hearted.
Maybe I need to write more, maybe I should be giving a list of
>options
I don't know I feel like I'm puting out hooks and no ones biting. Maybe I should just scrap it and do a
>>4937017
>>4936620
>>4936393

Somthing from a IP that will get the clicks.
>>
>>4938116
Ah, that helps a bit! I personally wouldn't jump ship just yet, but the biggest question you should be asking yourself is: 'Am I Enjoying This?'

If you wanna keep going and you like what you're writing, here are a few ideas off the top of my head that I saw in my quick glance:

1) Yes, you should definitely put >options. A lot of QMs can make it work without them, but not everyone can.

The issue I've seen time and time again is twofold: first, you scare off a lot of potential players if you don't provide options. Again, this isn't applicable to EVERYONE, but personally if I'm browsing through new quests and the QM expects me to come up with the next move, I'll usually defer to someone else's idea, preferably someone who's been following the story.

Secondly, it looks like you're doing a drawquest. If you let anyone and everyone write-in, it's gonna make it harder for you to keep up with the art in the long run. Maybe you've got free time now, but eventually you'll feel some burnout.

Having options such as
>Ask Donny about his work
>Make a pizza
>Go fishing
>Write-In

Streamlines the process and also gives you an idea of what you'll be writing/drawing next. Coming up with appropriate prompts is another skill in itself, but as long as you have a 'WRITE-IN' prompt at the bottom you'll still allow some creativity from your readers.

2) Jumping off of the prompts thing, it's kinda hard to tell when you're asking for player input. If you're still updating you can end a post with >contd.
or something. If you want player input, you should let them know. Even a simple 'WHAT DO?' goes a long way. It's not a bad idea to tell your players when you're writing, too, but given how you have things set up that might not be up your alley.

3) Most QMs aren't prolific authors, but I recommend this tip to everyone: READ YOUR POSTS ALOUD before posting them. Whether English is your first language or not, if you read your writing out loud you can pick up things that sound awkward or clunky much easier. No offense meant, but there are a few awkward sentences in your quest that could do with some proofreading--/qst/ moves really slowly, so don't be afraid to look things over before hitting that post button!

4) The top of this general details a few formatting codes that will give your posts color and other stylistic details. I saw some italics in some of your posts, but if you want to emphasize something like an ITEM or an IMPORTANT OBJECT you might want to make it stand out with a color. You can also do this to get the player's attention for a prompt!

All of that said, I'd mainly focus on the first question I asked before going forward with anything else. If you don't enjoy writing your quest or don't see it going anywhere, your players will pick up on that. If you want to restart with a pre-existing IP you totally can, but in my opinion running a quest isn't really about how many posters you get in a thread.

Anywho, hope that helps!
>>
>>4938132
Thanks. That means alot
>>
http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/qstarchive/4872449/
I don't know if I should continue this super villain quest, restart it or make something new(tons of ideas keep forming in my head) I feel like I struggle a lot with dialogues and that turns me away from writing
>>
>>4938231
You can go entire thread without writing single piece of dialogue provided your concept does not undermine that.

Anyways continuing old is tentatively better than starting new. If you start some new concept it makes you more likely to again abandon it and start yet another concept sometime down the road etc. Sticking to what you have despite it not being perfect, consistent delivery of content, not flaking - think of these as skills which can be honed the same way as other writing skills.
>>
Now THIS is how you shitpost in someone’s quest! If you’re going to do it, at least put in some effort and do it with style
>>
>>4938132
>READ YOUR POSTS ALOUD
This doesn't just help with proofreading, but also with characterization. If you find a voice for a character while reading their dialog aloud, then that can give you an idea of who they are and how they're conducting themselves in a scene. Speaking adds tone, volume, and cadence, stuff that's lost in plain text unless you add more details. Speaking their lines can help find those details.
>>
>>4938116
there's techniques to qming. sadly only a few of these are explictly listed in the op pastebins. e.g one technique no one will tell you about is "the early success". quests are not like fiction where things getting worse and worse creates suspense and keeps you reading. if you do that in a quest you'll have lots of lurkers but no players. instead, a quest is a lot like a videogame, in that you need give some early successes to encourage people to keep playing. this is important. you don't want players to keep reading, you want them to keep playing. this is why the early levels in games are always the easiest. put yourself in the player's shoes, they're reading your quest and they get to a prompt. they make a choice. then you write that things get worse for the mc. then it's like it was the player's fault and they feel a little bad. they may not even be aware of it but that will be enough for them to quit the quest or start lurking instead of playing. this is partly why power fantasies are so popular too because its just a string of non-stop successes, but you can use this technique without devolving into a power fantasy. look at that new stars wars commander quest. an early success sets up a more difficult fight later on (whose outcome is more middling). one of the ways you can sabotage your own quest is to have back to back failures (usually from dice) right off the bat. the star wars qm wisely (and maybe unknowingly) uses a bo3 system that's intrinsically biased toward success. he also had pretty low dcs for the first battle. stack the deck in the beginning in favor of your players so you can stack the deck against them later.

there's also some techniques that i found useful for the writing part of quests, like coming up with good choices or writing description or when to use dialogue or even how to brainstorm content. some of these everybody knows though. i'm trying them out in my own test quest.
>>
>>4938416
...Did I win?
>>
Did /qst/ became slower? I remember two years ago threads used to fall off the catalog in around two weeks, but now I'm seeing threads last for more than a month
>>
>>4938910
Yes. But it's been this slow for about a year and a half-- activity dropped off a cliff in 2020.
>>
>>4931101
>>4931101
>>4931101

As it is no longer bumping, I figured that I should start advertising it here: I'm running an alternate quest, to give me time to work out some mechanical and plotting issues with Collapsing. It's called the Graverobber's Daughter, and it is loosely inspired by the worlds of Darkest Dungeon and the Dishonored games. Your father, who is a graverobber to fund and supply his work as a Witch, has left on what you believe to be a very dangerous job.

He gave you just two instructions for his absence - to expect his return in three days, four at the latest (it will be four days in a matter of hours), and that if he was not back in a week, then for your own safety you must flee the city, and not expect to see him again. You have come to terms that something has could have wrong, and that it is increasingly likely that you will actually need to leave. You are currently deciding what to do about the valuable, dangerous and Strange crafting equipment father has upstairs. What of it should or can you take with you? What should you do with the things that you cannot take? The decisions that you make here will decide what you are doing for the next few days, as you prepare for the worst.
>>
>>4939102
>mechanical

How long have we been trying to go get those crabs now? I enjoy the quest, and your writing I do, but it really seems like a slog sometimes. Sorry though, your new one ain't to my taste. Looking forward to Collapsing coming back again.
>>
>>4938266
yeah I might do that
>>
Do any of you realize that the pastebin in the OP has changed very little over the past decade? I remember putting adding the links in the Git Gud section sometime in the early 2010s.
>>
>>4940459
Do you know how hard it was to convince anons to add formatting guide in OP template? Doubt old guard will let go of their precious pastebin - it is one of the few things keeping their illusion of relevance on life support.
>>
>>4940460
nobody needs convincing, just do it yourself or replace the link with your own. i did it for one thread and nobody even noticed it changed. which is sad because i thought i was clever.
>>
>>4940459
>>4940460
>>4940489
Are some of the links still dead?
>>
>>4940459
>Do any of you realize that the pastebin in the OP has changed very little over the past decade?
Yes.

>>4940460
>Do you know how hard it was to convince anons to add formatting guide in OP template? Doubt old guard will let go of their precious pastebin - it is one of the few things keeping their illusion of relevance on life support.
Anon you're making things sound far more politically motivated than they truly are by a degree of practically infinity. Some sort of online equivalent of a reactionary party would have a very difficult time trying to prevent change between qtg threads considering how an imageboard even functions, it's just a matter of who bothers to make a thread when the last one dies or is close to dying, which is, in this case, me, and I hadn't done it in months. It's really only there because even with all its dead links (if you look, it was actually reformatted in 2019, something I have a distant, foggy memory of a few people discussing and doing) it's still better than nothing for the theoretical newbie qm dropping in wondering what's going on.

Take a look at the reviews. There have been scant reviews made since the last posted one two and a half years ago, but they haven't been added, sometimes because they're very brief, but really, it's because nobody has bothered to add 'em, like nobody has bothered changing the sticky that is now five years old, despite the fact that it has outdated board settings on it. No shadowy figures are at play locking the gates to those who would affect change or create new content, the sad truth of it is that nobody really wants to. Nobody wants to write reviews, nobody wants to manage a memeball team, or whatever other suggestions are made that nobody actually ends up doing.

You bring up "convincing anons to add a formatting guide to the OP template," but if you really wanted to bring up a proper example of a lack of motivated change, you only have to look at the much spoken of before board banner- everybody talked about getting them, banners even got made, but nobody felt like actually pestering mods enough to get anything done. That took the whole Wuxian fiasco to actually get one's attention and then bring it up as a side note. People were talking about getting one and not then proceeding to not do anything about it for years. The only thing anybody needed convincing on was actually bringing it up to the people who could even make the change in the first place.

For anybody to let go of anything, somebody would need to have a firm hold on it in the first place. Do you want some real ancient shit? There used to be IRC chatroom links in the qtg headers. They've been gone for quite a long time now, without any fanfare. Nobody actually cares. If you want to redo the pastebin, then just do it, drop it in the thread, and very likely somebody will just roll it up into the OP next it's pasted. You don't have to get a bill past two houses of congress or whatever the fuck.
>>
>>4940502
someone dumb this down for me
>>
>>4940504
Anons are lazy and don't want to work too much for a board as lacking in relevance as qst.

It's understandable. There's not much reward to be had in it, nobody's making dramatic readings of quests on youtube instead of years old /tg/ greentexts. Nobody is actually relevant here and nobody thinks they are unless they have their head jammed so firmly in their ass they've got a Chilean mining crew in their colon. It's already plenty of work to run a quest in the first place, I certainly don't have the time to go and redo all the old shit that needs to be done, and I doubt many other people do either.
>>
>want to make a quest for the fun of it
>don't want to prepare it beforehand
wat do
>>
>>4940510
You don't have to prepare for it, really. That just makes things easier to plan and adjust for once it gets going. What you ought to ask instead is how long you think it'll be fun for. We're not on /tg/ where a goofy idea can have a thread for a day or two then fall off. Do you see yourself doing this for a week? A month? Ask yourself that, and then if you need to prepare accordingly or not.

Not every quest needs preparation at all, really. Not if they're more off the cuff, comedically themed, or the like. Preparation is only needed that much if you're planning to hit the ground already loaded with every bit of your deep lore.
>>
I made OP template https://rentry.co/qtg-op

I'd like to update OP with some info I think is relevant however I don't know the answers myself:
Is it possible to nest formatting tags? If yes, how?
Are red, blue, green the only colors OP can use?
Any other tags OP can use?
Will suptg archive continuosly, can QM just submit whenever and not care anymore?
>>
>>4940510
heres what you will do: flake. no prep = running out of steam after the first few posts. you should at least have worked out enough material to last the first session (~3-5k words depending on quest style) and from there you can hopefully bounce off of ideas from player discussion. if there's no discussion you better hope there's something about the quest itself that keeps you going because otherwise it will be a slog and you're better off trying again.
>>
>>4940539
>Is it possible to nest formatting tags? If yes, how?
[i][b]yes[/b][/i]

I'm not OP so you can't see it functioning, but nesting them isn't difficult. You just wrap them around what you want wrapped.

[i]hell you could [red]even do[/red] something [b][blue]like this[/blue][/b] if you wanted to[/i]

>Are red, blue, green the only colors OP can use?
Yes.

>Will suptg archive continuosly, can QM just submit whenever and not care anymore?
Sort of, yes. Suptg checks the thread every so often until it's been 3 days since the last post in it, as I recall. This might have changed, but it is entirely possible to just archive immediately upon thread creation and as long as there is regular activity, the archive will update itself until your thread falls off the board.
>>
>>4940539
>Is it possible to nest formatting tags? If yes, how?
Yes.
The way it logically works.
[ i ][ b ]The way it logically works.[ /b ][ /i ]
You just can't override things like color
>>
>>4940541
>no prep = running out of steam after the first few posts.
Speak for yourself, my quest is still doing well and the only prep work I did at the start was typing words into the OP box.
>>
>>4940592
what's your quest?
>>
>>4940542
>>4940543
Thanks for replies. Anything else you think needs to be in OP but isnt rn?

>>4940543
What you mean cannot override? [blue]text[red]text[/red][/blue] output being fucked up or something else?

>>4940592
This, my most successful quest started out of one scene. The quest I meticulously prepped for barely made it past first thread and died in second due to lack of interest.
>>
I actually figured out who manages the quest reviews bin, so if I ever get some free time I might try to scrape old QTGs and compile them. If anyone has any written/saved that never made it in, you can drop them here and I'll make sure to save a copy.
>>
File: First Stiletto.jpg (12 KB, 600x350)
12 KB
12 KB .jpg
>>4939124
Believe me, I understand completely. It can feel pretty slog-esque on my end too some times. As I'm working on Collapsing in the background during this break, how to improve the pacing of the quest is one of the first things on my mind.

>>4940713
>>4940713
>>4940713

Anyway, there is an update for the Graverobber's Daughter. While you boil water in an attempt to cleanse it and work on cleaning one of the Stilettoes that your father left behind, you plan your first big heist. You have a couple of targets on a short list, and once you make up your mind, you'll head out into the night to stake them out.
>>
>>4940596
You wouldn't know her, she goes to another school.

>>4940731
I feel like in some ways over-prepping makes you more likely to burn out, compared to the opposite extreme. It just takes a few votes/suggestions that you didn't plan for for thousands of bullshit words in notepad to get invalidated, and I'm sure that'd be a sore hit to QM morale.
>>
anyone remember the name of the quest that ran & ended several years ago, had a good-aligned necromancer trapped in an underground mega-dungeon, every time she died she would come back bc an angel of death was vibing with her. ended up in a thruple with a wingless harpy and some kinda half-dead warrior dude, screamed ho-la, sons of sorrow every time he fought. necromancer chick wore a top hat.
>>
>>4941076
That sounds retarded
>>
>>4941076
I think you're talking about Dungeon Life Quest, which constantly got shit on back then for having no meaningful conflict and degenerating into harem bullshit.
>>
>>4941087
tyty. dont care about shitflinging, just here to read.
>>
My two favorite quests are Valen Quest and Black Company Quest.

Valen quest because of the incredible lore, story and player agency. Every time a thread ends, I can't wait to see what will happen in the next one. I also couldn't say bad things about the QM even if I tried.
Black Company Quest because of how fun it is to play. There has been an instance where I burst out laughing in one thread. And the QM is a bro, truly worth of being called our guy
>>
>>4941114
My two are No One Gets Left Behind Quest, and Created.
>>
>>4940506
What is the best qst for a Dr you reckon
>>
test
>>
>>4941119
Based Created chad.
>>
>>4941531
It's alright, you can samefag safely now.
>>
Goals for Hufflepuff Villain Quest:

- Rip apart the International Statute of Wizarding Secrecy
- Become wanted by both the Ministry of Magic and the British government
- Kill a million people.
>>
>>4941114
I charge you with reviewing these quests. You have one week per quest, so make it thorough and entertaining.
>>
File: Ungluck Improved.png (6 KB, 819x460)
6 KB
6 KB .png
>>4941534
back when it all started bro
>>
>>4941602
-Be a bro to all your allies.
-Upon your victory, strive to fulfill your obligations and do what you can to give them what you promised them.
>>
>>4941714
>-Be a bro to all your allies.
>-Upon your victory, strive to fulfill your obligations and do what you can to give them what you promised them.

Absolutely. Duty and allies are everything.
>>
File: b6a.jpg (37 KB, 640x360)
37 KB
37 KB .jpg
>>4941627
fuck you..
>>
I remember this one thread a while ago where you were given a loli to take care of, and we as the MC went batshit insane, threatening her, and telling her she was worthless.
>>
>>4941769
sounds like get off my lawn quest but that's probably not it
>>
>>4941809
Link?
>>
>>4941759
Do it, pussy.
>>
>>4941817
http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/qstarchive/4552369/

but re-reading it i'm pretty sure it's not it.
>>
>>4941834
I can't review because I am busy in the field. And I don't want to
>>
>>4941841
Yeah thats not it. It was modern day and MC was a NEET i think? With a shit Lady Landlord.
>>
File: Second Stiletto.jpg (58 KB, 1022x365)
58 KB
58 KB .jpg
>4941890
>4941890
>4941890

Another update for the Graverobber's Daughter. After having finished with the water and cleaning the stilettoes, you are in the process of sneaking out of the Midden to go stake out guild houses in the Mount, to see if you could manage to pull of a heist in the next three days. Unfortunately, there is an audience by your secret egress, and you have to decide how you are going to get out here.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmsjyVpPOOI
me but with my quest
>>
58 KB
58 KB .jpg
>>4941890
>>4941890
>>4941890

Another update for the Graverobber's Daughter. After having finished with the water and cleaning the stilettoes, you are in the process of sneaking out of the Midden to go stake out guild houses in the Mount, to see if you could manage to pull of a heist in the next three days. Unfortunately, there is an audience by your secret egress, and you have to decide how you are going to get out here.

Also, I definitely did not screw up the links and have to delete then re-post this.
>>
58 KB
58 KB .jpg
>>4941888
>>4941888
>>4941888

Also, I definitely did not screw up the links and have to delete then re-post this.

And then I most certainly did not need to do it again.
>>
>>4941911
Wait, you plan stuff?
I'm just going off the bat.
>>
Well, a few days ago, someone wanted to run a quest like "I Am Reborn in a Harem RomCom, but I'm Only A Mob Character?!" but dropped off the face of the map after complaining about his job.
I've decided to do the same, but with none of the planning this guy supposedly did because I really wanted to see something like that again.
>>4942283
>>4942283
It'd be funny if that guy showed up now though.
>>
File: Announcercard.png (136 KB, 391x512)
136 KB
136 KB .png
There's a fine line between business and war, and that line can be drawn at expectations. War is all about knowing your enemy, knowing yourself, knowing the world, all that jazz. Sun tzu said that, and your pretty sure he knows a little more about fighting than you.

Business is closer to poker. You can't have expectations, you need to be quick on your feet. Sometimes a bank somewhere gets robbed and your stock plummets, other times someone invents a machine that turns rocks into oill and suddenly that massive field of gravel you had isn't so worthless! It's a good thing you don't have any expectations because frankly...

>>4942341
>>4942344
>>4942349

...you're not sure you could've expected this.
>>
So are you guys NEETs or something? I just don't have the autistic energy to put into something like this anymore. It seems cool and I briefly ran a quest here around 5 or 6 years ago, but this is the first time I've been on this baord since. I'm just curious how you guys manage this stuff. I'm lucky if I can be at the computer consistently for more than a couple hours. Are these regularly scheduled sessions with a storm of posts? Some seem to go for like 1000+ posts.
>>
>>4942602
Like most things, it will differ between QM. Some only update on certain days, some have much shorter updates than others so they can crank them out in smaller time zones, some just write faster, some don't have time constraints.

Running a quest isn't strictly any more time consuming than any other hobby. If you like to write, then you make time in your life to write, the same way if you like to fish, you make time in your life to fish. It's always going to be competing with other stuff in your schedule for what you want or need to do, so at that point it's up to you to decide if you want to do one thing more than the other.

The current /qst/ climate is actually pretty forgiving for schedules because a single thread can last all month. This can mean you need to carve out a whole month to dedicate to it, or it can mean that if you're busy for a few days and can't update... Well, your thread isn't going anywhere. You can take your time.

Best advice is to breakdown what you want to write and then take a look at how difficult it is for you to write and figure it out from there. Do you prefer to write dense updates with lots of information or dialogue? It'll take you longer to update, so if you're in a timecrunch you might expect to update every other day and just plug away at it when you have the opportunity. Do you write sparse updates that are just the barebones of a narrative to keep the momentum going? Then an hour or two should be fine at least once a day, right?

Though, bottom line is that sometimes life's a bitch and you can't run. That's just how it is. You inevitably cede more and more of your time to other things as you get older: Job, family, dating, other hobbies, etc... Life balance is important, so sometimes this is the hobby that needs to be cut, and sometimes you need to look at what you're doing and ask yourself if you would be happier if you drew stricter lines in your work/life balance and took up hobbies you previously thought you didn't have time for anymore.
>>
>>4942611
>The current /qst/ climate is actually pretty forgiving for schedules because a single thread can last all month. This can mean you need to carve out a whole month to dedicate to it, or it can mean that if you're busy for a few days and can't update... Well, your thread isn't going anywhere. You can take your time.
This was actually my argument when the quest debate was raging in 2014. I'm glad to see I was somewhat vindicated. This all makes sense, though, thank you for posting anon. Guess I have to blame my lack of motivation to write on something else. I USED to write, alot, but for some autistic shit I could never publish. Since then I've considered writing some of my few decent ideas but writing just seems so boring now. Who has time to read? Who cares? It was something I did when I had a lot of free time and no access to the internet.

I will stick around and read some and see if it is for me.
>>
>and then Ultimate Kars from JJBA becomes a Super Saiyan in order to help him in his fight against Tanya Degurechaff from Youjo Senki.
What the fuck?
>>
>>4942602
For me, its my downtime enjoyment. Rather than watch TV or play video games I used to run tabletop.
But groups have been less then Stella online and finding randos was rubbish. So I have started running a quest.
>>
>>4942602
Vidya, tabletop, solo rpg, worldbuilding, creative writing you name it I tried it all and in the end none of it trumps running a quest. I also got plenty of time.
>>
>>4942634
>I also got plenty of time.
How come?
>>
just wrapped up my first successful Quest thread - how long is TOO long to wait to make the next? I wanna have time to plan out more stuff and work on some drawings.
>>
>>4941354
I do not understand this question.

>>4942702
People have waited months on end for quests to resume, a few times over a year. That said, it's probably best to only prepare for a few weeks or so unless you need a longer break.
>>
>>4942618
Saiyan Conqueror?
>>
File: Laudanum Vial.jpg (77 KB, 750x750)
77 KB
77 KB .jpg
>>4942820
>>4942820
>>4942820

Another update for the Graverobber's Daughter. After having decided to break into the Chirurgeon’s Guild: A guild for the cities healers, sawbones and medicine-makers, you are surprised to find that there is some sort of late night meeting going on right now. While having the hall lousy with healers will make breaking into and possibly robbing the place much harder, the presence of so many guild members means that it is more likely that there is money in the building right now. At least, that's how you hope it works.
>>
>>4942702
If I don't see a second thread within the next month I assume it died. Within two weeks is ideal.
>>
>>4942702
>>4942832
+1 this. There are a few QMs and Quests that can go on hiatus for ages that people will wait ages for, but if you wait too long you risk losing your current readers and interest. Plus if you're deep into the story, you'll be expecting your new readers to catch up with the archive, so when you DO resume you might wanna add in a recap as well to catch people up.

That said, if you have an idea of how long you wanna go on break, it never hurts to let your readers know in the current thread. Just don't expect the same audience when and if you return!
>>
>>4942686
Invested inheritance and been neeting it ever since.
>>
>>4942708
If an anon was going to do a dramatic reading of a quest, what quest do you feel would make the best content.

I was thinking of doing it for the dragonball one as I want to play it and then would have a reason to read 160 threads
>>
File: killme.png (246 KB, 370x491)
246 KB
246 KB .png
Anyone willing to throw in a few rolls for MannCo Heist quest would be heavily appreciated.

>>4942341
>>4942344
>>4942349
>>
A question for you guys, Is the Dice system unbiased? or does it tend to roll low, or High, or is it based off a time system?
>>
>>4943179
It's based off the time system, so it's pseudorandom, not random, but it's good enough for /qst/ purposes. Anyone telling you they see it lean high or low is probably falling for a perception bias.
>>
>>4943186
But how? Can you give me an in depth analysis or point me to somewhere I can learn how it works? How does it differ from a trully random Dice caster?
>>
>>4942865
White tower?
>I will grant you one wish
>I want you to be my gf
>>
>>4943193
There is no such thing as true randomness.
Real dice are weighted differently.
Computers can do real randomness, I don't know how qst works. But computers break down microseconds or points of noise.
Shoot doom would use a set string and cut it by 1 to generate their numbers
>>
>>4943242
Can't do
>>
Any good, concise resources on how to make anons care about characters in my quest?
>>
>>4943293
Let anons create their own character
>>
>>4943293
Think of characters from other media that you care about, figure out why you care about those characters. Personality? Backstory? Attitude? Relationships? Sometimes not every character could be likeable, or readers like a character you don't intend to, that is fine.
>>
>>4943293
I don't think there's a be-all-end-all trick to making players like characters, especially considering people have different preferences and whatnot.

That said, the best advice I can give is to give them life outside the protagonist. Give them interests, quirks, and opinions. Have them come up with ideas and plans, have them pursue their own goals besides what happens in the quest, and have them argue and get emotional when it's appropriate. Take some time to people watch in real life and take inspiration from some of the people you know, too.

Most importantly, don't force anything too much--you can't make each and every character lovable, but you can certainly make them believable. Again, not really foolproof advice, but at the very least it'll help make it easier to write your NPCs--it's worked for me!