[3 / an / cgl / diy / gd / i / n / out / p / po / qst / s4s / t / trv / vip / vm / vmg / w / wg / wsr / ] [Settings]
Board
Settings Home
/qst/ - Mitsuba Archive

File: CPQ.png (785 KB, 1000x711)
785 KB
785 KB .png
The invasive amber light poured through the gaps of the shutters, and the usual noises of the city outside seemed more chaotic than usual. Well you did live in Night City, a place where legends were born and death was but a daily occurrence.

“Gah…”

From the cracked ceiling the water droplet landed on your face. You roll out of the mattress and onto the hard concrete floor. By strict definition, this place wouldn’t really be called a ‘home’ but it was a home for you. A small and abandoned warehouse that was once a small firefight between the 6th Street and the Valentinos. For some reason they stopped coming back here, and you chose to make home here… you got used to the blood stains quickly.

The streets of Night City bustled busily, the neon lights glowed like the lights of heaven in the dark pits of hell. The movers moved, and the shakers stomped. The bright lights in the street could sting you, so as usual you stuck to the catacombs, the alleys that is. At the dead end alleyway you see the older teenagers loitering around, and the biggest of all was Dirge, the leader of his so called ‘Locos Logos Gang’. You meet up with the ‘Rat King’ a title that the fat fuck would like to call himself.

Rat’s lackeys were doused in ink, whatever space they had on their skin was tatted up. When it came to iron, they didn’t have much on them since they were teenagers. That went without saying that you had nothing compared to them.

“Hey fraggy.”

His voice was nasally and slurred, like a toxic sludge slowly being poured on to the already filthy trash heap.

“H-Hey King.” You say nervously. “Am I doing the usual?"

Your stomach grumbled. It’s been a day since you ate anything, not to mention your throat was dry. You need eddies, fast. Even the puddle in the street was looking scrumptious.

“No."

You catch the package.

“The NCPD kept finding my mules somehow-”

Yeah, that’s what happened if they’re tatted like some abandoned corpo billboard.

“And since you look nothing interesting and downright ugly I think you make the perfect mule for the day. Now get going.”

“A m-mule? I thought I was going to the street to beg again!"

“Not today, now get going.”

You turn around and weave through the alleyways. Being a drug mule is dangerous, either a gang would find you or the NCPD will, you didn’t know which was worse really. You were a nobody in Night City, even below a nobody. The last thing you wanted was to interact with any gang members. The note taped on the package made your eyes widen. You were to make a delivery there? That place was… their territory.he.

>The Tiger Claws… well there are worse gangs to deliver to.
>The Mox, alright they’re usually nice people. They only fight back when they have to.
>The Valentinos, they have honor at least, or so you heard.
>The Maelstroms. Oh god oh no oh shit oh fuck.
>6th Street… I look white enough right?
>>
>>4957335
>>6th Street… I look white enough right?
>>
>>4957335
>The Maelstroms. Oh god oh no oh shit oh fuck
>>
>>4957335
>The Maelstroms. Oh god oh no oh shit oh fuck.
What could go wrong?
>>
>>4957367
>>4957360
Alright votes are in and I'll be writing
>>
File: qst 3.jpg (47 KB, 564x782)
47 KB
47 KB .jpg
The Maelstroms. Oh god oh no oh shit oh fuck.

The Maelstroms, other than the Scavs and the Animals, they were the most psychotic killers you’ve heard. They’d kill for fun and willingly cave their faces to get more chrome shoved in their face. Fucking Rat, that fat mother fucker! He wanted you dead! That had to be it! But you can’t come back empty handed either. Well, no point in wallowing. You swallow hard, and traverse through the shortcuts to arrive in the area.

At the North Side Industrial District, the clanging of metal echoed just about everywhere, so did the sound of guns. Maniacal laughter was just about everywhere, and the deeper you went the less flesh you saw. Not to mention the only route to the delivery point could only be accessed through the open streets. You saw the rust skinned building not too far, grime in every corner and red stains that had to be rust. It’s metal bones were angled rigidly, and the sense of dread choked you. With a heavy heart, you entered the gate and into the belly of the beast.

The darkness were brief as you saw the red lights shimmering like glint of a thermal blade. Screens, weapons, just about anything tech was everywhere. You see a man, lanky and bony, with red optics instead of eyes and jawless.
Oh god he looks like straight out of a nightmare.

You hold your shudder and walk forward. The Maelstrom gang lean down, gun in hand while the others joined like a pack of scavengers.

“What the fuck you want? WHY THE FUCK ARE YOU HERE?”

His voice was gargled with static, you didn’t question how he spoke. You hold out the bag of drugs.

“I- I’m here to deliver this drug?”

“THE FUCK DIDN’T YOU SAY SO?”

The gangsters snatch the box out of your hand and open it. Since their lip was gone you weren’t sure if they were smiling or not.

“That fat fuck sent you eh?” One of them said. “If you were one of those fragged tatted kid I would’ve peeled your skin off.”

One of them grabs your cheeks. The red optics blinded you so you close your eyes.

“So much skin… you could use some cyberware. Then you wouldn't be a scared little shit.” He handed you the drug. “Give it a whirl, kid.”

>Take it, don’t fucking question them
>Uh… I still need to make more deliveries
>I’m not allowed to take products
>>
>>4957480
>Uh… I still need to make more deliveries

Hard to deliver on time when you're wound up, you know? Nice of him to offer, though!
>>
>>4957518
+1
>>
File: qst 4.jpg (71 KB, 859x882)
71 KB
71 KB .jpg
>>4957518
“Uh… I still need to make more deliveries.”

You spit it out quickly, and now you’re regretting what you had just said. They all stare at you, unblinking and still. Until one of them wasn't so happy. This was it, you were going to die today. Your last thought was having one last good meal, though that was more of a wishful thinking. Frag, you’re hungry.

“The FUCK WHO THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE TO SAY FUCKING NO TO?”
The gangster shoves you down the floor. The psycho just took a deep huff and stomped on you repeatedly, At least you weren’t killed yet. You desperately tried to crawl away but he kept on just kicking and kicking. It didn’t help whatever the boot was a heavy duty kind.

[ i ]THUD.THUD.THUD.THUD /i ]

The hit echoes in the room and all you could do was curl up like a pathetic bug. There was a wet crack. That really didn’t sound right. It was then the searing hot pain surged in your hand, and the fingers were bent backwards. You couldn’t control the guttural scream that escaped your lips, tears streamed endlessly. Nothing but the laughter of this psychos rang.

Fucking Rat, fuck him and fuck his fat ass.

“Tough little fucker aren’t you?” The gargled voice said.

>“F-Fuck you.”
>Don’t say anything
>“Please just let me go.”
>>
>>4957637
>>“F-Fuck you.”
>>
>>4957637
>>
>>4957637
>“F-Fuck you.”
>>
>>4957637
>“F-Fuck you.”
We're already in deep, might as well go all-in.

Also really digging the doodles, QM. Keep 'em up. If you wanna use italics in the future, they're formatted this way:

[i]Insert italicized words here.[/i]
>>
>>4957637
>“F-Fuck you.”
>>
>>4957637
>“F-Fuck you.”
>>
>>4957637
>>
File: qst 6.jpg (60 KB, 625x887)
60 KB
60 KB .jpg
[Street Cred +1]

You spit out the blood pooling in your mouth. You were going to die, and in Night City it’s better to die in a blaze of glory than to die with a pathetic whimper.

“F-Fuck you.”

One of them with an augmented jaw and lips made an ‘o’ shape then burst into laughter, echoing inside the tech’d up warehouse. The taste of fresh iron was on your lips and the light fuzzy sensation began to overtake your mind. There was a sudden thump, a sound that reverberated with a deep thrum. The laughter died so quick after that, as if they never were laughing in the first place.

“The fuck is this.”

One of them nervously chuckled.

“Just fucking with the delivery boy, boss.”

The cold floor touched your back. The man was massive, towering just about anyone with ease. He barely bats an eye then ordered everyone else to go back to work, it was mostly likely a kick that made your hearing a bit fuzzy.

“We could be watched at any given moment and you ordered fucking Black Lace?” The giant questioned, on the verge of snapping. “THE FUCK WERE YOU THINKING?”

“Boss I just thou-”

The giant’s hand engulfs the gang’s throat, with a simple thrash there was a wet crunch and sparks flew. The body went limp, only being hung up by the giant’s hand. He’s still twitching, well it’s not the worst way to go.

“Whaddya want us to do with the kid?”

“Throw him out I don’t want his fucking corpse stinking the place! Get the damn fucking flathead ready!”

The pavement scratched against your skin, but by then anything that wasn’t a brutal beatdown was an upgrade. Eventually the strength that somehow that was remaining helped you get back up. Well, at least you can get paid now… With that thought in mind you made the long trek back to Rat is.

Or so you thought.

Before you could do anything something pulls you over and puts a hand over your mouth and eyes.

“Shh… Quiet kid. I ain’t here to harm ya. So I’m going to let you breathe a little.” A low voice said, he put his hand off of your mouth. “Now, did you see a big man in the building you got out of?”

>nod
>“I don’t know anything choom, just let me go man.”
>“Y-Yeah there were plenty of them, something about work to do and a… flathead?”
>don’t say anything
>Street Kid: “Nuh uh, there’s no way in hell I’m ratting for anyone!”

I'll be going to sleep. Thank you for your participation so far!
>>
>>4957791
>>don’t say anything
cough up some blood and pretend to pass out
>>
>>4957791
>don’t say anything
Keep talking, and maybe we will, you know? And maybe we won't. Hear the proposal out, then decide.
>>
>>4957791
>don’t say anything
>>
File: qst 7.jpg (988 KB, 1920x1190)
988 KB
988 KB .jpg
sorry for no art this time but I'll do it next time

“He’s not gonna talk.”

“Then he can talk to us in the station after.”

“He’s nothing but a street rat, he’s not gonna do us any good.”

“We’ll see about that, after we scope the place out.”

“I still can’t believe they’re ordering us to go by ourselves.”

No words were spilled. If the Maelstrom beat you up for saying no to their drugs, if they found out you ratted them out you were deader than a… well you were dead simple as that. The Maelstroms never forgets. Whoever these guys were, they were patient enough to wait until they realized your answer. A cold metal pressed against your head. You tense up not moving an inch until that distinct coldness left. Even after the barrel left your head you stayed frozen. Then cold but familiar handcuffs binded you.

“Stay there and don’t move, or do, we’ll find you regardless.”

Once the piece was off of your head you turn around to see no one. It was then you heard the familiar music of gun fire, screams, and explosions. It was strange though, there weren’t much footsteps as they disappeared and you had to listen to a lot of things to stay safe in this miserable city. Maybe they were some elite mercs? Gah it’s not like it’s your business anyways. The firefight seem to go on and on and on. Then suddenly, it stopped. Finally, about time… that was when you realized the assholes that cuffed weren’t coming back.

>wait a little longer
>check out the aftermath
>make a run for it
>>
>>4958061
>>check out the aftermath
Curiosity killed a choom, but loot brought him back.
>>
>>4958061
>check out the aftermath
>>
>>4958061
>check out the aftermath
>>
>>4958061
>make a run for it
>>
>>4958063
>>4958070
>>4958099
Sorry for being gone the votes are in and I'll get writing
>>
File: qst 8.jpg (66 KB, 939x857)
66 KB
66 KB .jpg
It was either go back to Rat, get a meager payment, then do over. Or… maybe you can salvage something in there to make quick eddies. Inside the dim lit building something damp hits your boots, a light ‘plip’. The smell of iron and its reddish hue was enough to know. That, and the corpses strewn around everywhere. It was moments like these that an empty stomach played a vital role in the situation. Otherwise you would have thrown up by now. Not to mention the pungent odor of oil, drugs, and blood. Just because you were used to it didn’t mean you were immune to it.

There were plenty of Maelstrom corpses, but not the two individuals that cuffed you. Speaking of… you needed to fix that problem if you wanted to carry more than just one measly loot. God, maybe this wasn’t a good idea after all. The only thing you were able to pick were some eddies that some Maelstrom either had it lying around or forgot to stash away. You chose to turn back, until you heard some heavy items being knocked over.

“God fucking damn it…” The gargling voice coughed out. “Cho? You there? Cho?”

You see the latino man with a left eye implant and right hand implant, dragging himself across the floor with a blood trail behind him. You hide behind the couch and watch the man struggle to move. He didn’t seem damaged so bad, but if he kept bleeding out you weren’t sure if he was going to ever get out.

>Help the man
>Try to sneak past him and continue looting
>Wait for the man to die or go unconscious
>Just get out, you got some eddies and you shouldn’t be greedier.
>>
>>4958395
Carefully ask him what happened.
>>
>>4958395
>Carefully ask him what happened.
>>
>>4958395
>Help the man
>>
>>4958395
>Try to sneak past him and continue looting
>>
>>4958395
>>Help the man
>>
File: qst 9.jpg (57 KB, 766x843)
57 KB
57 KB .jpg
He still has a gun in his hand. Slowly, you stand up and reveal yourself. The man’s eyes widened, but quickly reverted back. Approach slowly, with your hands out to show that you’re not armed. You knelt down beside the man, on closer look he seemed much worse off. Damn what a fancy revolver.

“What are you doing back here kid?” The man asked.

“I have my reasons.” You say. “And I need someone to free my handcuffs.”

The man gives a wry smile as you make the cuff jingle like some toy.

“So… you don’t look like any gang, what were you doing here? You must be fragged in the mind to enter Maelstrom’s turf.”

“It was meant to-” The man groaned. “Look kid, you haven’t snatched my eddies and left me for dead yet. I need you to do me a favor. My partner Cho said he was going to distract them… I haven’t heard from him since. I’ll be fine and I called back up already. I want you to check if he’s ok.”

“Wait wait… you a fragging coppo?”

“Look, will you help me or not?”

>“We’re talking about the Maelstroms… he’s already dead.” (Cynical +1)
>“I’m already in trouble as it is. Good luck, choom.” Get out of the facility or keep looting
>“Look I can get you out but I ain’t going back for your friend.”
>Fucking book it
>>
>>4958608
What does our fine porky friend expect a cuffed, unarmed kid to be able to do for his buddy anyways?
>>
>>4958608
Forgot to put this part but the officer does release (you)r handcuff with his key.
>>
>>4958608
Forgot to put this part but the officer does release (you)r handcuff with his key.
>>
>>4958608
>>
>>4958608
>“We’re talking about the Maelstroms… he’s already dead.” (Cynical +1)
>>
Had to take care of something I'll see you guys in the morning. Sorry guys.
>>
I can take a peek at the next room but I can't fight, my hand is broken!
>>
>>4958608
>>
>>4958608
Hell nah, friend's dead lets just owe this guy a favour and get the hell out of here.
>>
>>4958834
>>4958778
>>4958638
>>4958629
Alright vote is called and I'll get writing
>>
File: qst 10JPG.jpg (36 KB, 563x656)
36 KB
36 KB .jpg
Even if you were free there was no way in hell you could drag some guy back. For all you knew there could still be those cyberpsychos still around, and that was one threat. If NCPD were going to be here soon you were sure you’d be gundown with them too. Since when was the last time they arrested someone? They were police in a sense that they had police in their gang name. It was already at risk being in here with an injured officer.

“Look choom, I can get you out but I ain’t going back for your friend. It’s the Maelstroms for fuck’s sake.”

A familiar bang echoed all the way to where you were. A several in fact.There was no time to waste, you grab the man’s wrist and try to pull him up. If it weren’t for the man using his own two legs you were sure that you wouldn’t be able to lift the man yourself.

“FIND THAT OTHER FUCKER!”

Yup, it was time to leave. You’ve seen enough.

“Ok come on, we’re getting the FUCK out of here!”

With an effort on his part the man slung his arm around you and make a run for it. Well, it wasn’t running but desperate shuffling along with almost tripping. By now the things knocked over in the hasty retreat were enough to attract the attention of the psychos.

“What kind of stupid cop would walk in there alone?” You mutter to yourself. “You must be the-”

“I heard something here boss!”

“Fucking find him then!”

They were close, but the coppo’s condition looked like it was getting worse. Where was that fucking ‘back up’ he called for? NCPD is never late!

>Hide
>Try to make a run for it
>Take his gun and try to fight them (Guts +1)
>>
>>4959082
>Take his gun and try to fight them (Guts +1)
>Use the corpses as sandbags.
>>
>>4959082
>>Take his gun and try to fight them (Guts +1)
>>
>>4959095
Support.
>>
>>4959095
Support, adding that you throw a rock to an alley or something to distract them for at least a few seconds
>>
The remaining psychos were close on your tail, if you kept running with the coppo with you, you’d be an easy target. Hiding wouldn’t do either, you were sure hiding in sight wasn’t going to do well against their thermal vision or heartbeat sensor or whatever they got. Honestly, you were sure the Maelstroms can find you with some sensory augment. You even heard once they could smell better than a dog. The light in the room was dimmer than before, with sparks flying where the damaged screens and other broken techs were.

“Where’s your iron?”

“On my left-“ His face twist to a frowning grimace. “You’re not thinking about fighting them are you?”

“We’ll be an open season if we don’t fight back. We just need to hold out until more of your friends come!” You whisper back.

“This is a bad idea, kid. A really bad idea.”

“Yeah you decided to head into Maelstrom’s hideout!” You reply with a sharp hissing whisper.

You reach your hand and find his revolver, how much did this thing weigh, can you even handle the recoil. The shouts and metallic stomps followed you quicker and the sound grew closer at a frightening rate. You push off the coppo behind a wall. There were plenty of corpses around, and almost all of them would have subdermal implants. Their bodies however were too heavy to drag, you barely managed to put the skinniest psycho on the couch… then again you could’ve just hunker behind some wall.

They’ll be coming in soon. Their footsteps by the sound of it was at least five, if not more. The ear grinding sound of blade screeching against the wall grew ever so closer. Inside the pitch black area, the emergency power light casted a deep crimson glow, occasionally flickering like a twitching corpse. The blood on the floor seeped into your ragged shoes then into your socks, making agonizingly disgusting moisture around your feet and between your toes. The sweat on your forehead rolled down to your brows, and the grip on the revolver began to shake. Your stomach twisted and turned, but having no meals meant you couldn’t throw up. That didn’t mean you dry heaved a couple of times…

“FIND HIM!”

SHIT SHIT SHIT

>Quickly make the psycho not look dead as a distraction
>Fucking run for it, you can’t take them all
>Look for some other weapon and other useful items you can use
>>
>>4959411
>>Look for some other weapon and other useful items you can use
'nades, 'nades are aways usefull
>>
>>4959411
>>
>>4959411
>>
>>4959417
>>4959498
>>4959506
Please roll d20 I'll take the first one
>>
Rolled 5 (1d20)

>>4959520
>>
Rolled 12 (1d20)

>>4959521
Uh oh.
>>
Man if it was around 18-20 you guys would've got a smart gun.

The damp sensation spread all over your hands as you desperately searched for a weapon. Even with the revolver in your hand the recoil would send you flying. Come on! Look for anything that fits in your hands! Something small, that wasn’t something you could find. When the time came up, what was in your hand was some janky double barrel shotgun, a heavy thing that could only fire twice… just your luck. Fire power is good but what was the point if you can’t aim the fucking thing?

The complaints that streamed out stopped when the psychos finally arrived. There were five of them thankfully and they didn’t look all that well either. On the brightside, you could see where they were thanks to their glowing optics. For once you were glad you only had the basics of cyberware. The revolver was inside your pocket and the double barrel shotgun in your arms. In terms of ammo, you had about 8 so you at least had some kind of chance.

The psychos split off into two teams, with the larger one thankfully steering away from your direction. But the other two were approaching your position slowly. Well you were in this deep. So… what will you do now?

>Wait for them to come close and use your shotgun (Guts -1)
>outmaneuver them to a better location then fire
>Fucking run for it
>Surrender and rat out the coppo
>>
>>4959599
Write-ins are welcomed
>>
>>4959599
Waiting for smarter anons to came up with a better plan
>>
>>4959599
>>
>>4959599
Spread the oil before the entry that will make them slip up. Find a lighter that we will light and throw onto the oil spill. Putting them on fire after they slipped on it already. They will be on fire and tripping on the slick on fire oil giving us a great opportunity to blast them with the shotgun behind a crude barricade in a superior positioning we can find.
>>
>>4959956
that isn't a bad idea actually,
>>
>>4959956
+1
>>
>>4959599
>>4959956
Switching my vote to this anon's.
>>
>>4959956
+1
no mercy
>>
>>4959956
Alright then. Please roll d20 three times. First would be sneaking (most crucial for outmaneuvering), second would be finding a lighter & synthetic oil (since maelstrom drugs aren't usually cigarettes but dorphs and black lace), and third would be spreading the oil itself. Remember that the maelstroms are very close now, that's why I gave the option to blast them when they came close. Good luck anons. Also, how are you liking the quests so far?
>>
Rolled 1 (1d20)

>>4960234
>>
Rolled 16 (1d20)

>>4960234
nat 20 here I come
pretty good quest tho
>>
one more roll guys don't leave me hanging
>>
Rolled 1 (1d20)

>>4960234

The drawings are cute
>>
File: qst 12.jpg (55 KB, 800x600)
55 KB
55 KB .jpg
The moment you moved something knocked something off, whatever it was the discomforting and dreadful loud clang echoed in the entire area. You might as well shout that you were here instead of this pathetic attempt. You make fucking run for it, there was no point in sneaking so it was up to Lady Luck that would decide whether you would die or not.

“THERE HE IS!”

“FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK!”

Everything that spat bullets, flechette, and just about any projectiles. Your feet twisted. In your desperate attempt to find some kind of anchor instead you bring something down along with you. Now covered in what’s most likely blood and some thick black tar-like liquid, you desperately crawl away while slipping like a buffoon. Why you haven’t gotten shot was a mystery for the ages. Around the corner you try to hurry down the stairs. Just about your feet touches the stairs, something hot grazes your knee.

Your balance goes off, and your brain along with your vision is given a tumbling fall. Anywhere and everywhere was searing in pain. A heavy thud echoed along with one final fall that left your body numb, unmoving, and bleeding profusely… bleeding profusely?

“Ah…” A hoarse realization. "AHHHHHHHHHHH!"

Your leg your fucking leg was right in front of your eyes. Sheer panic and adrenaline kept your heart pumping, your mind crystal clear. Blood kept pouring like broken faucet leaking and leaking and leaking.

“GOT ‘IM! LOOK AT IM CRYIN!”

“FINISH THE LITTLE SHI-”

Laughter echoed everywhere. Then there were more sound of firefight. It Didn’t matter… you felt sleepy. Oh so very sleepy.

Extra Scene

>Memories of your mother
>Your life as a street rat
>Living in Night City
>>
>>4960368
>>Living in Night City
>>
>>4960368
>Living in Night City
>>
>>4960368
>Living in Night City
>>
>>4960368
>>Living in Night City
>>
>>4960239
>>4960292
Jfc, the dice gods have cursed this thread
>>
>>4960689
It was a good plan too.
>>
Alright sorry for taking too long it's just that the next scene was something I wanted to make sure to depict how fucked up cyberpunk world is. The thing is this will get explicit, very very fucked up and explicit. And I'm not sure if I should make it vaguer or tone it down. You guys are the readers and the players here. So in order to make this work for me and the reader, I will present it as a choice. Sorry for taking so long. This is my first qst so I had to ask other QM for advice. Thank you for understanding.

5 years ago...

There was never understanding Night City, there never understanding why people would live here. In this shit infested god forsaken city. Only the top dogs truly lived, while the 99% were fighting for scraps. It was a city where death was its best mercy and living was its worst punishment. Where suicide was a daily occurence. In the midst of this cesspool, you were at the bottom of the bottom.

The smell of unfiltered gas wafted greasily in the air. Your heart was on fire, on the verge of throwing up. Pain burned your legs, heart thumping harder than hydraulics, the sweat of your brow blurred your vision. It didn’t matter. You just need to keep running and running, then you’ll be good, then you’ll be able to eat.

“HEY GET THAT THIEF!”

The streets were your friends, the layout and the web of alleyways helped lose the pursuers. But in Night City, one flick of bad luck was all it took to crumble whatever hope there was. Something on the floor trips you up. The brown bag of protein paste and day old onions hot dogs spills across the floor.

“THERE I SEE HIM!”

The time to escape was crushed by the air punching kick to the guts. The shopkeeper, his son, and his son’s son starts kicking you relentlessly. It hurt, you didn’t have some fancy cyberware nor did you have the fortitude to withstand the pain. All you could do was curl and cover your face.

Looks like you won’t be eating tonight…

Rat's glare didn't scare anyone, his pudgy face made it almost impossible to see this face. The boy's however did, especially when they had all assortments of bats and knives.

“I-I tripped.”

“Did I fucking ask?” Rat growled. “Either you come back with food or I’ll sell you to the Tyger Claws! Get out and don’t come back without food!”

“Y-Yeah I’ll go get some now… I promise!”

>Mug some random person (reminder that the protag in the flash back is younger, and he's a teenager in the present.)
>Start begging
>That fucked up option that I couldn't post
>>
Alright sorry for taking too long it's just that the next scene was something I wanted to make sure to depict how fucked up cyberpunk world is. The thing is this will get explicit, very very fucked up and explicit. And I'm not sure if I should make it vaguer or tone it down. You guys are the readers and the players here. So in order to make this work for me and the reader, I will present it as a choice. Sorry for taking so long. This is my first qst so I had to ask other QM for advice. Thank you for understanding.

5 years ago...

There was never understanding Night City, there never understanding why people would live here. In this shit infested god forsaken city. Only the top dogs truly lived, while the 99% were fighting for scraps. It was a city where death was its best mercy and living was its worst punishment. Where suicide was a daily occurence. In the midst of this cesspool, you were at the bottom of the bottom.

The smell of unfiltered gas wafted greasily in the air. Your heart was on fire, on the verge of throwing up. Pain burned your legs, heart thumping harder than hydraulics, the sweat of your brow blurred your vision. It didn’t matter. You just need to keep running and running, then you’ll be good, then you’ll be able to eat.

“HEY GET THAT THIEF!”

The streets were your friends, the layout and the web of alleyways helped lose the pursuers. But in Night City, one flick of bad luck was all it took to crumble whatever hope there was. Something on the floor trips you up. The brown bag of protein paste and day old onions hot dogs spills across the floor.

“THERE I SEE HIM!”

The time to escape was crushed by the air punching kick to the guts. The shopkeeper, his son, and his son’s son starts kicking you relentlessly. It hurt, you didn’t have some fancy cyberware nor did you have the fortitude to withstand the pain. All you could do was curl and cover your face.

Looks like you won’t be eating tonight…

Rat's glare didn't scare anyone, his pudgy face made it almost impossible to see this face. The boy's however did, especially when they had all assortments of bats and knives.

“I-I tripped.”

“Did I fucking ask?” Rat growled. “Either you come back with food or I’ll sell you to the Tyger Claws! Get out and don’t come back without food!”

“Y-Yeah I’ll go get some now… I promise!”

>Mug some random person (reminder that the protag in the flash back is younger, and he's a teenager in the present.)
>Start begging
>Sell your body for eddies
>>
>>4960776

We ain't nobody's bitch. In this flashback, at least.
>>
>>4960776
We got this
>>
>>4960776
>Mug some random person
>>
Man I hope you like this scene because I'm not sure if I wrote it good, not my best update...

From the deep alleyways you watch people pass by. Too big, too armed, too tall, too scary… Not to mention no one seemed willing to enter the alleyway. In Night City, only a ganger or some insane man would enter the Night City’s alleyways. What felt like it was going to be hours were only a few minutes. You saw an old and frail man entering the alleway dressed in rags. Well you can’t be picky.

It didn’t take long for you to realize he was hopped out of his mind. Constant scratching of his arm and neck, twitching crazy, and the red veiny lines in his eyes. Most likely he came around to buy more cheap synthcoke or something worse. That man hasn’t eaten a thing for days at least. The scraggly hair just oozed a bad odor. Alright you can take him, he’s walking deeper into alleyways, that’s your territory. Good, he’s coming around the corner soon.

A mugger would usually have a gun, or something heavy to cap their knees. All you could gather was some glass shard wrapped in cloth. All you needed to do was stab his leg quickly, grab his wallet and get out. Nice and easy, unlike your life.

“Just another hit… just another hit and I can go back to work. God I can feel the high fading already...”

Soon as the man was in your sight the glass shard went straight into his legs… yet he didn’t seem hurt. Oh no, oh no no no no no. You were wrong, you were gravely wrong. He wasn’t high on synthcoke, it had to be dorph. The numbness to pain was an obvious sign.

“The fuck… you little shit!”

The man’s hand grabs your throat then smashed you on the unfeeling concrete floor. The glass shiv flew far from your hands. You flail your arm in hope of doing something, anything. The man’s thumbs slowly pressed into your throat. His nails dug and slowly peeled your skin on the sides of your throat. Spit and saliva drooled from his clenched teeth and his eyes were that of a mad man. From the corners of your eyes tears began to form, cheeks turning to an ugly shade of blue, and your mouth twisted as you tried to gasp for air.

Your fingers stretched as humanly possible, barely grazing the handle of the shiv. But once it was in your hands you stick in the man’s neck without hesitation. There was a look of sheer disbelief and confusion. The man grabbed his neck as blood poured like a shattered bottle as he backed away. Then all of a sudden, he dropped dead, lifeless and unmoving, occasionally twitching like a broken machine.

A mugging like this was common. You graze your finger on your throat, the scar would last for a while if not forever…

>You could never forget the man’s face [Empathy +5]
>You got over it, you had to do this to survive. [Cynicisms +5]
>>
>>4961676
>>You could never forget the man’s face [Empathy +5]
empathy lets us get cybernetics
>>
>>4961676
>>You could never forget the man’s face [Empathy +5]
>>
Just to let you guys know I'll also be borrowing ideas from NoirQM's stuff, it sucks that he quit but yeah. This is his qst, http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/qstarchive.html?tags=Corporate%20Cyber-Samurai%20Quest I thought about writing more but I'll wait for more votes.
>>
>>4961676
>You got over it, you had to do this to survive. [Cynicisms +5]

A harsh world calls for a harsh outlook.
>>
Sorry for no art this time guys

You could never forget that man’s face. The pure shock and the dread… he would appear in your dreams or a random thought when you had nothing to do but loiter around. Your eyes open wide, then the smell of bleach and sterile room awakes you fully. The scent pierces your noise and stings your brain. A rhythmic beat echoed inside the room, and the bed you were on was too soft to be yours, for once it was clean and the blanket felt like a blanket. Not to mention the clothes you had were skimpy like a hospital gown, actually it looked like a hospital gown.

The memories then fueled back into your confused predicament. You irip the sheet off and see the stump that was your leg. Dread swells in your heart, not to mention the fear of returning to Rat with the shit that transpired. You were fragged, definitely fragged and most likely sold to the Tyger Claws, or worse to that fucking pyscho Scavs. In the middle of the panicking the door opens, and it was the same coppo that you met in that warehouse.

“You’re up, that’s good.” The man said. “I’m Detective River Ward of NCPD. There’s few things I need to ask you about.”

You don’t say anything. Ward sighed inwardly then took a seat beside your bed.

“I get it, you can’t rat anyone out or you’re dead. But right now you're the only one that can save lives. A lot of blood is going to be spilled in Night City if you don’t cooperate with me.”

>“What’s in it for me?”
>“I’m no rat, fuck off ‘choom’.” [Guts -1]
>“Just how much people are going to die? People die in Night City everyday, it has to be something big…right?” [Empathy -3]
>Continue to say nothing
>Write-in
>>
>>4962090
>>“What’s in it for me?”
>Continue to say nothing
>>
>>4962090

>I want a lawyer.
>>
>>4962136
Cyberpunk doesn't have the luxury of a lawyer.
>“Just how much people are going to die? People die in Night City everyday, it has to be something big…right?” [Empathy -3]
>>
>>4962136
Sorry anon luxury like lawyers and rights don't exist in cyberpunk world
>>
>>4962090
>“What’s in it for me?”
>>
>>4962090
>“What’s in it for me?”
We are burned with our old employers anyway.
>>
“What’s in it for me?”

“For one I’ll forget about your ‘delivery’.” Rivers said. “After you tell me everything I’ll just let you go, chalk you as some poor unfortunate civilian. Or would you rather go to Night City Penitentiary?”

You shuddered at the very thought. Night City was already a shit hole, but inside the Penitentiary it was hell itself. All gangs crammed into one concrete box, where guards rarely intervene and would sometimes carry out hits for other gangs. No one ever escaped the penitentiary, and those who made it out were hardened bordering on traumatized. Well, it wasn’t as if you were gonna return to Rat. Not to mention no gang would ever take some lanky teenager with one leg.

“What did they have in that warehouse?”

But then again, being a street rat and then ratting out any gang was a death sentence. And each gang had their own ‘unique’ way of punishing people that was stsupid enough to leak information. You didn’t know what the Maelstrom would do, but you were sure it was going to be a slow and painful one. The machine’s rhythmic beat chimed, the white noises filled the silence between you and the detective.

“They said something about a flathead… that’s all I know.”

“God fucking damn it.” Ward mutters to himself. “It’s gonna be a shitshow now that they have it.”

You ignored Ward’s grimace and stared at your legs… leg. Going back to Rat wasn’t an option and the eddies you got from the warehouse were good as gone. Not to mention your clothes was also gone. Just what the hell were you going to do?

“You got a name kid?”

“N, my name is N.”

“Just N?”

“I didn’t really have a name… I grew up in the streets. I can barely remember my mom, I don’t even know who my dad is.”

It wasn’t as if you were a rare case. Most street rats never knew their parents, and if they did they were the scum of Night City.

“I’ll be right back.”

As you saw the door open no guards were posted, not much to be wary when you’re missing a leg after all. You look hopelessly up in the ceiling.

>This was it, you’re fragged. You won’t survive a day without your legs. You didn’t have the eddies to buy an implant too. [Cynicism +2]
>You lost a leg, but you’re sure Rat thinks you’re dead. Maybe… maybe this is a start to a new beginning. [Hope +2]
>There’s no guard outside, escape before you get thrown in the penitentiary.
>>
>>4962356
>You lost a leg, but you’re sure Rat thinks you’re dead. Maybe… maybe this is a start to a new beginning. [Hope +2]
One can survive without hope, if need be.
>>
>>4962356
>>
>>4962356
>You're pissed. This won't stand. You won't rest until you pay them back, and then some.
>>
>>4962356
You lost a leg, but you’re sure Rat thinks you’re dead. Maybe… maybe this is a start to a new beginning. [Hope +2]
>>
Currently N has Guts +1, Empathy +5, Hope +2. 1 Street Cred

You lost a leg, but you’re sure Rat thinks you’re dead. Maybe… maybe this is a start to a new beginning. There was a lot of chance that your one legged life would be absolute shit, and most likely it would. But right now the soft bed and the nice smelling clothes gave you more hope than being on the street would. Still… the room you were in was rather fancy. A private room, television screen, not to mention the bed. Whatever a flathead was, it must’ve been something dangerous enough. In the middle of your thoughts Ward returned.

“You didn’t try to escape.”

“It’s a bit hard when you’re missing a leg.”

Ward scratched the back of his head.
“Good point. What do you plan to do now?”

You shrugged then looked up at the white ceiling.

“I don’t know… but I’m sure I can start fresh knowing that Rat and his jerk offs would think that I’m dead. Maybe some nomad would take me in. Trust me, I’m happy I’m not being sold to some Tyger Claw’s snuff braindance or being sold for parts in Scav’s black market.”

Ward quirked his eyebrow, amused by your optimism.

“Looks like you know a lot of dealings in the gang.”

“Well, the ‘gang’ I’m technically in is basically a glorified errand boy.” You say with a shrug. “The streets talk, you just have to be a nobody to listen.”

“Huh… every gang?” Ward asked.

“Well, something like that yeah.” You pause for a moment. “Why do you ask?”

“Right now the NCPD’s investigating an upcoming gangwar. That retrieval of a flathead was why I was there. I could use an informant. Not only for the Maelstroms but from other gangs too.”

“Oh no, no no no no no.” You say with a grimace “I’ve seen what happens to an informant, frag no, nuh uh. Rat thinks I’m dead and because of that I might have a chance at a new life. And you want me to go back?”

“You can save a lot of people, N.”

“I’d save myself first. I got a better chance of a safer life begging in the streets than being an informant.”

“You know that’s not true.”

>“If I’m doing this, I need compensation, a new leg, eddies, everything. I’m not gonna risk my life for nothing.” [Empathy -3]
>“No and I don’t care. I’d rather go around beg than to die by some gang’s hand. I know damn well you can’t just throw me into a penitentiary.” [Guts -1]
>“Just let me leave already, you got what you wanted right?”
>“I’ll take my chances with the Nomads.”
>>
>>4963304
>>“I’ll take my chances with the Nomads.”
"good luck with the war, officer but as far as i am concerned this is my chance to start anew and maybe not die horribly"
>>
>>4963304
>“Just let me leave already, you got what you wanted right?”
>>
>>4963304

>“If I’m doing this, I need compensation, a new leg, eddies, everything. I’m not gonna risk my life for nothing.” [Empathy -3]
Swapping to this, cause I forgot we are broke
>>
I forgot to say this anons the points you have will disappear past a certain point, don't be afraid to use them.
>>
I forgot to say this anons the points you have will disappear past a certain point, please don't be afraid to use them. If you read NoirQM's quest before it's similar to that. Don't be afraid of delving into some risky adventures, that's what Cyberpunk is like, risking into uncharted territories for eddies and fame. It was my fault for not explaining it sooner but yeah. Also, I hope you guys are enjoying this quest so far.
>>
>>4963304
Spend that Empathy
>>
>>4963304
>>
>>4963304
>“No and I don’t care. I’d rather go around beg than to die by some gang’s hand. I know damn well you can’t just throw me into a penitentiary.” [Guts -1]
>>
hmmmmmmmmmmmmm how are we going to NOT be doscovered? dead drops could be a thing...
anyone has any other ideas?
>>
File: qst 13.png (174 KB, 1000x600)
174 KB
174 KB .png
Sorry for the late update

This was a bad idea, a very very bad idea. On one hand you could try to be a beggar having one leg and all, but you might as well die of starvation since just about everyone in Night City didn’t care. On the other hand no nomads would’ve accepted you, you knew nothing about engineering not to mention you never held a gun before. A shuddering breath escapes your lips, hands trembling and stomach turning into a whirlpool. But this was the best option you got wasn’t it?

“If I’m doing this, I need compensation, a new leg, eddies, everything. I’m not gonna risk my life for nothing.”

“I’ll speak with my higher ups, I can’t make any guarantees but I’ll do what I can.” Rivers said. “I’ll be back.”

It’s been a few minutes since you’ve waited inside the hospital. Suddenly a notice of a transfer was made to you, a sum of four hundred fifty eddies. You were sure that the amount was absolute shit compared to an actual information broker, a bare amount that a fixer would wipe their ass with. It was eddies nonetheless. Rivers returned a bag of what you had and a bag of fresh clothes… and a crutch.

“What’s this?”

“Your belonging and a new set of clothes. Unless you wanted to wear your blood soaked clothes.” Rivers said. “Did you get the transfer?”

“I did, but it’s not even enough to get any cyberware.”

“It’d be suspicious if you simply got one when you were some street rat.”

“Good point…”

“I’ll keep in contact when I need you. Until then I’ll see you later, N.”

A month has passed since then, and not much has changed. You did your errands, got shit on, and somehow did not get killed. Hobbling in the streets you suddenly get a call the caller ID was labeled as River Ward. Right now however, you were in an odd situation. For now you hang up the call to finish the delivery. Apparently being on a crutch made you even more invisible. You hobble over to where the delivery was supposed to be made. You were supposed to deliver his to…

>Yume Owari, the mistress of the Night Swan Brothel. You heard she’s the most beautiful yet deadly woman in Japantown.
>Tanoshita Eiga, the local owner of illegal snuff and rape braindance. You heard he personally makes the illegal braindance himself.
>Ippai Dakka, the arms dealer of Japantown and instructor of newly initiated Tyger Claw members.
>Taki Kenmochi, the pachinko runner in Watson, a location where the battle between Maelstroms and Tyger Claws are being taken.
>>
File: qst 13.png (171 KB, 1000x600)
171 KB
171 KB .png
Sorry for the late update. I hope you guys are enjoying so far.

This was a bad idea, a very very bad idea. On one hand you could try to be a beggar having one leg and all, but you might as well die of starvation since just about everyone in Night City didn’t care. On the other hand no nomads would’ve accepted you, you knew nothing about engineering not to mention you never held a gun before. A shuddering breath escapes your lips, hands trembling and stomach turning into a whirlpool. But this was the best option you got wasn’t it?

“If I’m doing this, I need compensation, a new leg, eddies, everything. I’m not gonna risk my life for nothing.”

“I’ll speak with my higher ups, I can’t make any guarantees but I’ll do what I can.” Rivers said. “I’ll be back.”

It’s been a few minutes since you’ve waited inside the hospital. Suddenly a notice of a transfer was made to you, a sum of four hundred fifty eddies. You were sure that the amount was absolute shit compared to an actual information broker, a bare amount that a fixer would wipe their ass with. It was eddies nonetheless. Rivers returned a bag of what you had and a bag of fresh clothes… and a crutch.

“What’s this?”

“Your belonging and a new set of clothes. Unless you wanted to wear your blood soaked clothes.” Rivers said. “Did you get the transfer?”

“I did, but it’s not even enough to get any cyberware.”

“It’d be suspicious if you simply got one when you were some street rat.”

“Good point…”

“I’ll keep in contact when I need you. Until then I’ll see you later, N.”

A month has passed since then, and not much has changed. You did your errands, got shit on, and somehow did not get killed. Hobbling in the streets you suddenly get a call the caller ID was labeled as River Ward. Right now however, you were in an odd situation. For now you hang up the call to finish the delivery. Apparently being on a crutch made you even more invisible. You hobble over to where the delivery was supposed to be made. You were supposed to deliver his to…

>Yume Owari, the mistress of the Night Swan Brothel. You heard she’s the most beautiful yet deadly woman in Japantown.
>Tanoshita Eiga, the local owner of illegal snuff and rape braindance. You heard he personally makes the illegal braindance himself.
>Ippai Dakka, the arms dealer of Japantown and instructor of newly initiated Tyger Claw members.
>Taki Kenmochi, the pachinko runner in Watson, a location where the battle between Maelstroms and Tyger Claws are being taken.
>>
>>4964063
>>Ippai Dakka, the arms dealer of Japantown and instructor of newly initiated Tyger Claw members.
>>
>>4964063
>>
>>4964063
>>Tanoshita Eiga, the local owner of illegal snuff and rape braindance. You heard he personally makes the illegal braindance himself.
Dakka dakka dakka. He he. If we're going to bust one of these, might as well be the snuff maker.
>>
I'll need a tie breaker here, or someone roll a D3 1 being eiga, two being dakka, or three being taki
>>
Rolled 3 (1d3)

>>4964398
>the arms dealer is named dakka
why didn't i see this earlyer, i'm such a dumbass
>>
>>4964481
Nice. I was gonna' vote for that anyway.

>>4964063
>>
>>4964063

Just read the quest, surprised to see that River is still in the police. Did V never do his quest?
>>
>>4964494
I'm still writing but This will be explained later on, glad someone recognized him though
>>
>>4964063
Something easy?
>>
>>4964063
>>
>>
Rolled 1 (1d2)

Since there's another tie breaker I'm just gonna roll the dice again.
>>
File: Screenshot (559).png (1957 KB, 1920x1080)
1957 KB
1957 KB .png
Ippai Dakka, the arms dealer of Japantown and instructor of newly initiated Tyger Claw members, also known for a fickle temper and sheer brutality. The rumor on the street was she was more tweaked out than a Scav and far more fragged up than a Maelstrom. Of course, this had to be your delivery point. Then again you were already pathetic looking, maybe they’ll pity you and leave you alone.

Japantown was a place of its own. Colorful neon, plenty of popping designs, and its own Asian design. Street food was plenty, and pop music could be heard in most corners. You had to squint your eyes when bright clothes reflected the even brighter clothes. Underneath the bright colors and robust people, the Tyger Claw’s influence was plain. Brothels, casinos, drugs, gun shops, just about anywhere and any store had Tyger Claw’s mark. Not to mention they were easy to identify. Crazy military grade level cyberware, masks, crazy tattoos, and vulgar displays power by high-tech weapons.

There was a “rumor” that they have the Arasaka backing them up. A barely contained rumor. You very much doubted you’d meet any of them here. You entered the dojo with a round container of sushi in your hand, actual fish too. You even had a sushi delivery uniform too. They really do have all the luxuries in the world...

The dojo was completely different from the city outside, laid thick with eastern elegance with plenty of bamboo and minimalist interior design of pale green and steel gray. A light scent of incense wafted in the air that completely killed the smell of garbage in the streets. A pair of Tyger Claw gangs stopped you the moment you entered.

“What do you want?"

“I’m here to make a delivery for Ms.Ippai?” You hold up the container.

“Delivery? We didn’t order- oh that.” The gang grumbled. “Get in here and make it quick. She’s in the training grounds down the hall and to the left.”

“They’re sparring right now aren’t they? Fushin-sama is there to see the new karasu.”

“Oh yeah. Just wait outside the dojo entrance then. Do anything stupid and you’re fucking dead.”

The entrance of the dojo had a sliding door and not the automatic type either which was rare, it was made of wood, real wood too it looks like. The dojo was separated with a taller floor with a rack for shoes. The entrance however was slightly opened, and you saw a glimpse of two men in a brutal, bare knuckled fist fight dressed in an odd looking eastern clothing.

>Peek in a little
>Wait until the match is over
>Maybe walk around (not too far) until it's over
>>
>>4964744
>>4964494
>>4964070
And
>>4964109
>>4964492
>>4964703

I had stuff to do and I came back with the votes being tied again. Sorry for that guys.
>>
>>4964760
>>
File: Screenshot (540).png (2361 KB, 1920x1080)
2361 KB
2361 KB .png
Ippai Dakka, the arms dealer of Japantown and instructor of newly initiated Tyger Claw members, also known for a fickle temper and sheer brutality. The rumor on the street was she was more tweaked out than a Scav and far more fragged up than a Maelstrom. Of course, this had to be your delivery point. Then again you were already pathetic looking, maybe they’ll pity you and leave you alone.

Japantown was a place of its own. Colorful neon, plenty of popping designs, and its own Asian design. Street food was plenty, and pop music could be heard in most corners. You had to squint your eyes when bright clothes reflected the even brighter clothes. Underneath the bright colors and robust people, the Tyger Claw’s influence was plain. Brothels, casinos, drugs, gun shops, just about anywhere and any store had Tyger Claw’s mark. Not to mention they were easy to identify. Crazy military grade level cyberware, masks, crazy tattoos, and vulgar displays power by high-tech weapons.

There was a “rumor” that they have the Arasaka backing them up. A barely contained rumor. You very much doubted you’d meet any of them here. You entered the dojo with a round container of sushi in your hand, actual fish too. You even had a sushi delivery uniform too. They really do have all the luxuries in the world...

The dojo was completely different from the city outside, laid thick with eastern elegance with plenty of bamboo and minimalist interior design of pale green and steel gray. A light scent of incense wafted in the air that completely killed the smell of garbage in the streets. A pair of Tyger Claw gangs stopped you the moment you entered.

“What do you want?"

“I’m here to make a delivery for Ms.Ippai?” You hold up the container.

“Delivery? We didn’t order- oh... that.” The gang grumbled. “Get in here and make it quick. She’s in the training grounds down the hall and to the left.”

“They’re sparring right now aren’t they? Fushin-sama is there to see the new karasu.”

“Oh yeah. Just wait outside the dojo entrance then. Do anything stupid and you’re fucking dead.”

The entrance of the dojo had a sliding door and not the automatic type either which was rare, it was made of wood, real wood too it looks like. The dojo was separated with a taller floor with a rack for shoes. The entrance however was slightly opened, and you saw a glimpse of two men in a brutal, bare knuckled fist fight dressed in an odd looking eastern clothing.

>Peek in a little
>Maybe look around the area while you wait but not too far
>>
>>4964768
>Peek in a little
Watch how they fight, observe and absorb the knowledge
>>
>>4964768
>>
>>4964768

>>
>>4964768
>>Wait until the match is over
don't piss of the yaks sponsored by arasaka
>>
File: tyger claws.jpg (116 KB, 500x500)
116 KB
116 KB .jpg
Curiosity kills but luck decides how you die. You weren’t a fucking idiot and you knew better. Though you really were curious as to what they were doing. Ever since you were a kid there was an urge to understand things, an urge you learned to push down and ignore. There were grunts, wet crunch, and several tumbling on the floor. You wanted to look, but you also didn’t want to die, oh the struggles… You stare at the sushi containers as your mouth salivated, it’s been a while since you ate and your protesting stomach didn’t help.

Suddenly, the sliding door slammed open. A pair of oddly robed men (hakama) carried out a man with a pulp of head that left a chunky blood trail. His eyes were swollen, lips were busted like a leaking puss, and any remnants of throat was flattened as if a piston stomped on it several times and more, all decorated in blood and black fluid and broken cyberware that protruded like an ugly open fracture. A shiver skitters down your spine but you’ve seen worse.

You finally saw the interior, a straw mat room where on each side all members dressed in the same robes sitting on the floor with their legs under their thighs (seiza). The blood on the mat was being cleaned. It was then you caught their attention, but it happened to be the woman you were supposed to deliver it to.

“Oi, ano gaki dare da?” Her voice was low, almost grumbling.

“Wakarimasen aneki.”

The woman punched the gang that replied that resulted in a bloody nose. Yet the gang did not react as much, he just stood back up. The corpo didn’t even batted an eye, goddamn robots they are. If they bled they’d bled synthetic oil you swear.

“Wakaranai? Wakaranai nara FUCKING ASK HIM! DO I HAVE TO TELL YOU WHAT TO DO EVERY FUCKING TIME? We have a guest and you want to make me a fucking fool? Do you?”

“No aneki.” The man bowed. “Forgive me for my disrespect.”

The man towered over you easily when he finally approached you.

“Why are you here?” The gang asked.

“Delivery for Ms.I-Ippai?”

“It’s for you aneki.” The man said.

“Oh yeah, that delivery.”

The woman snatched the container out of your hands. The

“Beat it kid.”

Thank god.

“Wait a moment.”

Fuck you god.

The woman’s voice was crisp, cold, and most of all cutting. A quiet voice that held more power than anyone in the room, and her bodyguard next to her made it more menacing. The corpo woman wore a glove and gently grabbed your cheeks, while the other hand took off your hat and swept the bangs away.

“Huh… well that’s interesting.” The woman said.

>observe how the corpo looks like
>shove her away, you’re nobody’s bitch
>>
>>4965590
>>
>>4965590
We've cheated death once, surely we can afford to spit in its face for a bit, yes?
>>
>>4965590
>>
>>4965590

Touching costs extra, choom!
>>
File: Screenshot (550).png (2060 KB, 1920x1080)
2060 KB
2060 KB .png
The heavily armed guard twitched once you shoved the woman away. The barrel of a heavy assault rifle. Hey, you cheated death once you might as well tempt it again. That and it was a natural reflection. It was for a short moment you smelled light lavender with a tinge of steel in the air. When you pushed her away the cloth was soft yet stiff, high quality for sure. After all, Arasaka was the top dog. The corpo woman wiped her hand from her own handkerchief, amused more than anything.

“Fushin-sama, nani ga dokai mashita?”

“Nani mo nai wa. Kedo… iiya, sonna no nai wa.” The corpo woman muttered while staring at you “You may go, child.”

I was gonna go regardless, bitch.

Oh if you can actually say that…

You hold down the words you wanted to call her, a lot of things. But the way everyone is staring at you it was time to high tail it out of there. The call chimes again, once you are at a safe distance you finally pick up the call.

“There you are, N. How you’ve been.” Unlike you, he looked rather chipper. “Wow you look… the same as usual.”

“You mean like shit?”

“Yeah, but worse.” River admitted, at least he looked apologetic about it. “Are you doing alright?”

“I’m fine.” You grumble impatiently. “You need info?”

“Yes. Where are you right now?”

“Japantown, outside of Karasu Dojo.”

“Good. Then meet me at Kamurocho street. We need to talk, the old fashioned way.”

“Uhh… River is something getting hot?”

“To a degree, yeah. Just meet me there alright?”

You meet River and get in the car, an old truck that fits him to a T. You rest your back as River drives. It was nice to be driven for instead of you going through bus to bus to make the delivery.

“I need to know about Ippai Dakka.”

“Well you’re in luck I just saw her. They were doing some crazy death match or something.”

“Do you know who happened to be her right hand man?”

“I think so, it was some large guy. He took her punch like it was nothing.”

“Did he have a headplate cyberware on his head with a dragon pattern, scars on his right eye and down to his lips?”

“Yeah… looks like you already know about him. I thought the NCPD was busy containing the Scavs and the Maelstroms for now.”

“We are… but he’s more important.”

“You gonna arrest him or something?”

“No.”

River’s expression darkened to a deadly determination. You saw him like that when he would talk about gangs that were beyond salvation.

“No?”

“We’re going to kill him. I organized a team to cripple the Tyger Claw’s operations.”

>River… is there something you’re not telling me right now? [Hope +1]
>Are you fragged out of your mind? They’re back by the Ara fucking Saka! [Cynicism +1]
>Don’t say anything, contemplate whether to snitch or not instead. This might get really hot. [Street Cred +1] Possible story divergence
>>
I forgot to mention, write ins are encouraged this time
>>
>>4965889
>>
>>4965889

Arasaka? More like AraSUCKA
>>
>>4965889
>Are you fragged out of your mind? They’re back by the Ara fucking Saka! [Cynicism +1]
>>
>>4965889

Does our protagonist not have translation implants?
>>
“River… is there something you’re not telling me right now?”

“I’ll tell you at the diner. You hungry?”

“Always.”

You couldn’t help but grin at the idea of the diner since River always paid. Recaf to quench your thirst, basedmeat, pancakes, anything you want. Though you usually stick with a stack of pancakes, basedmeat sausages and mashed vat-grown potatoes. Inside the diner you order the same and dig in, though River still had the same expression. Your hunger however demanded more attention than him, if he wanted to brood it was his choice. You savor the flavor and chew thoroughly.

“So what’s detes?” You ask while chewing in between.

“I quit the NCPD.”

You’re not an idiot, so you take the news in stride and swallow the food.

“I thought your suspension ended and got back with them. Since when?”

“I’ve been planning before I met you actually, I was looking for a new informant.” River nursed his hot cup of recaf. “After I got you I’ve been planning who to hit first.”

“And… that’s the Tyger Claw. That is the worst gang you can pick. Arasaka, I don’t need to say more.”

“I’m not going to fight them.” River said flatly. “I’m going to use them. Plant evidence of a gang of our choosing and boom. The Tyger Claws will dish out ten times the revenge toward anyone.”

“This is one dangerous game you’re playing River. Really really dangerous.” You put the utensil down, the food didn’t go down well anymore. “If they find out-”

“I’m well aware.” River said, his hand balled to a trembling fist.

“Then why? There are plenty of scums to be zero’d.”

“Did I ever tell you about my nephew, Randy?” River’s expression darkened. “I have- had a nephew named Randy. He was kidnapped and injected with stimulants, hormones, anabolic steroids… to keep them alive like some sick cattle to protect them. I’m sure you heard about it last year.”

Your appetite disappeared completely. It was rare to have a sicko be known since the city was crawling with them, but the name and the nature of his crime made him the psycho of the year.

“Peter Pan.”

“There are scums like him in this city and the NCPD won’t do jack shit. My friend V tried to help but it was...” He released a shuddering breath. “Too late. The Tyger Claws aren’t afraid to do worse either. The reports of what they do to their prostitutes in Japantown proves that.”

River wasn’t wrong, there was a reason why the Mox gang was made. Tyger Claws killed one too many in gruesome ways to make an example, or for just fun too.

>They’re still backed by Arasaka, this isn’t going to work, you need to quit right now before it gets shit worse. [Cynicism +2]
>I’m sorry to hear about that. But still… [Hope +2]
>You can have the money back. I’m not getting involved in this, I’m sorry. [Street Cred +1] Possible story divergence
>>
>>4966317
And yes he has no translation implants.
>>
>>4966420
Always be hustlin'. It's risky, but...
>>
>>4966420
>They’re still backed by Arasaka, this isn’t going to work, you need to quit right now before it gets shit worse. [Cynicism +2]
>>
>>4966420
>They’re still backed by Arasaka. Do you have separate plans to deal with them? Is there anything we can do about them as we are now?
>I'm not saying no, I'm saying we need to not get our shit twisted before we even commit to any moves.
>>
>>4966420

Well shit, looks like V screwed up in River's storyline
>>
>>4966797
>>4966704
>>4966465
Vote counted and writing.
>>
File: lizzie's bar.jpg (2094 KB, 3584x2190)
2094 KB
2094 KB .jpg
My best choices written choices yet

“I’m sorry to hear about that. But still… this isn’t a good idea.”

“Well I didn’t ask for your opinion.” River growled. “I need intel on the Tyger Claws, especially the lieutenant of Ippai Dakka. Dojima Kuni.”

“I’m not exactly in their gang, River. Tyger Claws keeps everything to themselves.”

The news across your table coincidentally played a commercial of a new Arasaka product, which everyone ignored with some jeering. The owner changed the channel to only see Us Cracks playing with Kerry Eurodine. You heard that a band named Samurai went back together for one last play and he was there as well. Well, not like you were gonna ever meet him.

“Exactly, and I have contact there, a friend of a friend, and they’re willing to help.”

“They don’t actively seek out conflict, not to mention they’re not even territorial.”

“That’s true but do you really think they don’t have grudges against them?” River said.

That was true. The Mox were pretty tame, only fighting back to protect their own. But to Tyger Claws… that was a whole another box to look at. The warm recaf goes down your throat after you finish the last piece of the basedmeat.

“Fair point. Who’s the contact?”

“Her name’s Judy Alvarez.”

The rest of the meeting went on to what you’ll do. Rat never gave a damn if you came back or not as long as he heard the delivery was made. River dropped you off at Watson, Westbrook and made your way there. For once you’ll be able to work with reasonable people… for gangs that is. After you passed the bouncer you found yourself inside the bar. It was odd, after so long you finally went inside the bar.

“Hey kid this isn’t a place for you, what are you doing here?”

“I’m looking for Judy Alvarez. I’m the new ’hire’ for the Mox.”

“She’s not here right now. I’m Mateo… hard to believe we’re using children now.” Mateo said with a sigh. “We’ll be seeing each other a lot if you’re going to work with us. Take a seat.”

You exchange a quick hand shake then take a seat on the stool. The soft glow of neon pink settled in your eyes, but you doubt you’d get used to it. Not to mention the ear rattling music pulsating and vibrating your skin. Your eyes wander over to the dancing holo strippers, then to the actual strippers dancing so… my god the ass on that woman. You didn’t know a body could be eso flexible, it had to be cyberware making that happen right?

“First time in the bar?”

“What? Oh, Yeah...”

Your eyes wander over to the strippers. This was the closest

>This is a write-in to ask about any question about The Mox.
>Or just keep looking at the strippers, fuck the questions.
>Better yet order a drink and watch the strippers.
>>
>>4967016
>"How's business, Matty?"
>Order a beer
>>
File: lizzie's bar.jpg (2094 KB, 3584x2190)
2094 KB
2094 KB .jpg
“I’m sorry to hear about that. But still… this isn’t a good idea.”

“Well I didn’t ask for your opinion.” River growled. “I need intel on the Tyger Claws, especially the lieutenant of Ippai Dakka. Dojima Kuni.”

“I’m not exactly in their gang, River. Tyger Claws keeps everything to themselves.”

The news across your table coincidentally played a commercial of a new Arasaka product, which everyone ignored with some jeering. The owner changed the channel to only see Us Cracks playing with Kerry Eurodine. You heard that a band named Samurai went back together for one last play and he was there as well. Well, not like you were gonna ever meet him.

“Exactly, and I have contact there, a friend of a friend, and they’re willing to help.”

“They don’t actively seek out conflict, not to mention they’re not even territorial.”

“That’s true but do you really think they don’t have grudges against them?” River said.

That was true. The Mox were pretty tame, only fighting back to protect their own. But to Tyger Claws… that was a whole another box to look at. The warm recaf goes down your throat after you finish the last piece of the onions meat.

“Fair point. Who’s the contact?”

“Her name’s Judy Alvarez.”

The rest of the meeting went on to what you’ll do. Rat never gave a damn if you came back or not as long as he heard the delivery was made. River dropped you off at Watson, Westbrook and made your way there. For once you’ll be able to work with reasonable people… for gangs that is. After you passed the bouncer you found yourself inside the bar. It was odd, after so long you finally went inside the bar.

“Hey kid this isn’t a place for you, what are you doing here?”

“I’m looking for Judy Alvarez. I’m the new ’hire’ for the Mox.”

“She’s not here right now. I’m Mateo… hard to believe we’re using children now.” Mateo said with a sigh. “We’ll be seeing each other a lot if you’re going to work with us. Take a seat.”

You exchange a quick hand shake then take a seat on the stool. The soft glow of neon pink settled in your eyes, but you doubt you’d get used to it. Not to mention the ear rattling music pulsating and vibrating your skin. Your eyes wander over to the dancing holo strippers, then to the actual strippers dancing so… my god the ass on that woman. You didn’t know a body could be eso flexible, it had to be cyberware making that happen right?

“First time in the bar?”

“What? Oh, Yeah...”

Your eyes wander over to the strippers. This was the closest you got to The Mox since you never really interacted with them. The move on that girl... and that ass. You couldn't take your eyes off of her.

"Hey kid, you there?"

You turn back to Mateo who had an amused grin.

"Huh? Yea- Yeah I'm here."
>>
>>4967044
>This is a write-in to ask about any question about The Mox.
>Or just keep looking at the strippers, fuck the questions.
>Better yet order a drink and watch the strippers.
>>
>>4967045
>Order a beer
>>
>>4967045
backing >>4967048
Take in a bit of the eye-candy, but don't forget to look at the exits every now and then.
>>
>>4967045

I'd love to ask about Clouds, but there's no reason for our protag to ask something like that. Also it's interesting that Judy is still even in the city.
>>
Recommended Ost

"Nocturne Op55N1" Ambient Music | Cyberpunk 2077

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CgzV340vqxU&ab_channel=Kimi
>>
>>4967048
Support.
>>
File: Screenshot (591).png (1718 KB, 1920x1080)
1718 KB
1718 KB .png
Recommended Ost
"Nocturne Op55N1" Ambient Music
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CgzV340vqxU&ab_channel=Kimi

“How's business, Matty?”

“It’s Mateo, kid. Not Matty.” Mateo replied flatly. “As for business, I can’t complain, I’m sure you heard about Evelyn… but despite that the Mox are still here, stronger than ever actually. Her death united us even more.”

“Oh right… her. I heard what the Tyger Claws did to her.”

He quirked an eyebrow.

“Our mutual associate was right, you do have your ear on the ground.” Mateo said.

You simply shrug.
“I wouldn’t be able to survive if I didn’t. You think I can have a smash?”

“No.” Mateo flatly refused. “You’re too young for that.”

“What- Hey I am not a kid!”

Mateo scoffed with a mocking grin.
“Sure, kid.”

“Hey, Mateo. This the new hire?”

“Uh… yeah Judy.” Mateo answered worriedly. “You alright?”

“I’m fine, Mat.”

“You don’t-”

“Look.” She snarled. “If I said I’m fine then I’m fine, alright?”

“Alright Judy, you’re fine. Do you want anything, water?”

Your associate, Judy, grabbed the bottle nearby then swigged it. She wore a jean overall, had pixie rainbow hair, and tattoos on her arms of various images. She looked… tired, as if she never got a wink of sleep in her life. Not even paint would be able to hide the black bags under her eyes. Not to mention her overall was just stained with mess and simply crusty looking from what you can tell was mess that dried up. Man did she look just dead on the inside. You only saw that with people with nothing to lose… but were too powerless to make a change, stuck in a miserable middle ground hell.

“So you’re, N?” She croaked like a broken speaker.

“Yeah, you must be Judy Alvarez?”

“Just Judy. Come on, we’ll talk inside.”

You follow her inside what a netrunner’s room would look like. Except it smelled of garbage, bottles were just about everywhere and so was trash from whatever she ate to keep herself from not dying. Though it looked like she was already dead enough. The room was dark, save for the sorrowful dark blue glow, flickering like a dying machine.

“So River sent you right?”

“Yeah he did.”

She cracked her neck then booted her machine. The screens tiredly booted up, squeezing out the codes while the other screens lit up deathly slow. An agonizing silence passed over.

“So… how are we gonna fuck with the Tyger Claws?”

“I got a plan, don’t worry about it. I’ll need you when I need you.”

“Then what am I supposed to do?”

She handed you a few eddies.

“Getting me lunch and the same bottle from Mateo, tell him to put it on my tab.”

>What? I came here to help out not be your errand boy! Cynicism +2
>Hey Judy… you don’t look so good. Are you sure you can handle another bottle? Hope +2
>Write-in
>>
>>4967909
>Write-in: "Sure thing."

We literally JUST met this broad--I don't think we're ready to start offering a shoulder to cry on just yet.
>>
>>4967909
Shut up and nod
>>
>>4967909
>>
>>4967910
>>4967961
>>4967982
Voted counted and writing
>>
File: Screenshot (556).png (2411 KB, 1920x1080)
2411 KB
2411 KB .png
Drinking while netrunning? That sounded pretty dangerous.

“Sure thing.” You say with a shrug.

Well, who were you to question her?

The store nearby had plenty to grab for lunch, as Judy said she wanted some orange onions-chicken from the china food place. As usual, the streets of Night City was a busy one, since the store was close to Mox’s territory. There were ‘punks’ that harassed the local populace but not to the point of actual bodily threat, they weren’t stupid enough to challenge the gang that put a dent in the Tyger Claws after all.

Today was a tiring one. First you get nearly get molested by some corpo woman, then River tells you about his crazy plan to use Tyger Claws as his ‘weapon’ like some slimy corpo. Then you end up working for the Mox. Which meant being some slave of some netrunner… You let out a sigh as you think where your life came to be such a pain. You seriously needed to take care of your lack of leg too. You hobble back to the bar, with one hand holding on to the crutch while the other held Judy’s lunch.

“Hey Mateo, Judy’s asking for the same bottle she took then told you to put it on her tab.”

Mateo sighed.
“Honestly that girl…” He grabbed the bottle from the back. “She hasn’t been the same since V…”

“Mateo?”

He hands you the bottle.

“You’ll be working with us for a while, so do you mind doing me a favor?”

“I’ll try to.”

“Watch out for Judy will you? She might be a bit rough around the edges but she’s going through some things. Her friend committed suicide last year.”

“Oh…”

It wasn’t as if suicide wasn’t a rare thing in the city. You just never met someone that truly grieved. Friend was a seldom word in this city, and to lose one you never knew what it felt. There was never a friend in your life after all.

“Hey Mat, can you give us a hand here?”

“I’ll be right there!” Mateo shouted. “I’ll see you later, N.”

You went back to where Judy’s room was and dropped off the food and drink. She grunted, probably a way of her to say thank you.

“Hey, N.”

She tosses you a card key.

“Your room is 501st.”

“I get to live here?”

“You’re going to work here, we can’t have you smell like dead scav shit.”

Ok ouch. So… what now? It looks like Judy’s already going back to work.

>Check out your new room
>Visit other places (write-in)
>Write in
>Ask Judy about other stuff
>>
>>4968188
>Check out your new room
Might as well get cozy.
>>
>>4968188
>Check out your new room
Finally... a room of our own... Not a bloodstained hole-ridden hovel in some back-alley...
>>
>>4968188
>Check out your new room

An actual place, N is already moving up in the world!
>>
File: qst 19.jpg (102 KB, 1359x700)
102 KB
102 KB .jpg
A room of your own, an actual room with an actual bed that has sheets and frames! Sure the room was cramped but it had warmth in it. They were kind enough to put in blankets. The room had a spacious closet, a desk, chair, and some room to decorate. It even had a small bathroom to take shower in, that meant no more washing yourself in the river or the rain! A wide grin crept up to your lips from ear to ear.

The hot water melted off the grimes and dirt and the synthetic soap made you not smell like shit on the street for once.After a long blissful shower you also check the clothes inside the closet. First was a deep purple button up shirt with a Mox skull logo on the chest pocket, along with a matching black pants and belt, it looked similar to what Mateo wore. The rest were similar to The Mox’s style of clothing. You weren’t sure if this was an insult or not, but the pants had one sleeve tied up where your absent leg would be… even the pajamas. At least they were nice enough to give you pajamas.

So if Judy didn’t need you and no one seemed to call for your help (not that you could really do much), and the time was about 11pm. It’d be difficult to go to sleep since around this time the bar was at its busiest time. You can try to go to sleep or do something else. If you're going to work with them you might as well make a good first impression, it was just a matter of now or later. There was a sudden knock on the door then the door opened, thankfully you were already dressed into your pajamas. It was one of the Mox enforcers you saw at the entrance.

“Hey you’re the new hire right? Get changed and help out the bar newbie. Mateo needs some errands done.”

Another Mox enforcer arrived.
“Kaine he just got here, not to mention his work starts tomorrow, let the kid rest.”

Well speaking of first impressions…

>I’m a bit tired, I’ll be heading to sleep.
>I’m not that tired really, I’ll roll.
>Write-in
>>
>>4969044
>Write-in
"Sure. If the bar's that busy, I'd have a hard time sleeping anyway. I'll dress back and head down."
>>
>>4969044
>>
>>4969044
ALWAYS. BE. HUSSLIN'!
>>
>>4969044
>>
>>4969044
Let's rock, boys
>>
>>4969090
>>4969097
>>4969366
>>4969510

Votes counting and writing now, glad to see activity despite being a monday. I also made a discord server for general qst stuff, whether you're a QM, wanting to be one, or like to read qsts it'd be awesome to see you guys there.

https://discord.gg/YePKPaRs
>>
File: judy and evelyn.jpg (286 KB, 1920x1080)
286 KB
286 KB .jpg
“I’m not that tired really, I’ll roll.”

“That’s the spirit. Come outside when you’re done changing. Will you need help?”

“I’m good.”

You grab your crutch and follow Kaine and her friend Misa after changing your clothes. Seeing how you entered the bar around noon, the bar was now pulsating with heavy electric music. The beat’s vibration soaked into your bones, and the dim lights were in full pink bloom. I get that pink is their thing but is that really necessary. You try your best to follow them only to fall behind. It looked like they noticed and slowed their pace.

“How come you haven’t got your cyberware leg?”

“I’m not exactly rolling in eddies you know.”

They give you a sympathetic look. Misa winced.

“Oh, sorry about that. I forgot that ripperdocs tend to be expensive for people. We’re used to it since we all chip in for others.” Misa said.

“Maybe if you work with us long enough we’ll chip in too huh?” Kaine punched your shoulder.

“And since you’ll be working at the bar you might get tips… if you’re going to let you mix drinks which I doubt.” Misa said.

“Then what does he want with me?”

“Not sure, he needed free hands with sharp eyes and ears.Seeing how you survived the streetts long enough you’re fit for guard duty.” Kaine said.

“Hold up, guard duty?”

“Relax, that’s just the name but it’s not actual guard duty, you’d be perfect for this job, trust me.” Kaine said.

You eventually end up in the bar with Mateo already busy with many customers already drunk or getting drunk. You go around the back and meet up with Mateo along with another bartender.

“Hey Mateo, here's the free hand you asked for.”

“Thanks girls.” Mateo said.

“Any time. Good luck newbie.” Kaine said with a wave of hand.

“Alright, N.” Mateo set down a glass he was wiping. “Your job is simple, I need you to listen around and watch the people. Similar to keeping an eye on the streets for new intel.”

“That’s it?”

“Don’t dismiss it so easily. Plenty of gonks are willing to risk their lives putting drugs into the drinks for a free fun time.” Mateo said. “While Natea and I got it covered, that doesn’t mean the floor isn’t free of opportunistic scum fuckers. So I need you to keep an eye out.”

“You got it, Mateo.”

He smiled as he nodded.
“Good, believe it or not your job is more important than you think. Stay safe, N. And one more thing, don’t try to confront them, just let one of the girls know instead.”

“Got it."

The bar’s music pulsated and the people released their inhibition. Within the crowd you mix in easily thanks to the purple suit and pants. Though the crutch didn’t really help but the people were too drunk to care or didn’t care at all but their own business. You mingle in with the people but keep your vigilance tight. Then you see someone… off, not suspicious enough to call but enough to be wary.
>>
>A corpo, here? Aren’t there better places to party in? It’s a (Militech or Arasaka) corpo no less.
>A Valentino gang… they don’t cause problems per say but they’re a gang just like any other.
>His chanting of America and 2nd amendments was enough to tell it was a 6th Street gang. Oh joy…
>This is wrong, why is an Animal gang here? One wrong move and this is going to get ugly, really ugly.
>Rough badlands look, patches, a nomad. You squint your eyes to see (Aldecaldos or Wraiths).
>>
>>4969698
>A corpo, here? Aren’t there better places to party in? It’s a (Arasaka) corpo no less.
>>
>>4969698
>Rough badlands look, patches, a nomad. You squint your eyes to see (Aldecaldos or Wraiths).

6969 nice
>>
Rolled 2 (1d2)

>>4969698
>>A corpo, here? Aren’t there better places to party in? It’s a (Militech or Arasaka) corpo no less.

1 for Militech, 2 for Arasaka
>>
>>4969698
>A corpo, here? Aren’t there better places to party in? It’s an (Arasaka) corpo no less.

>>4969740
Doesn't count because it's not last 4 digits
>>
Join the discord, other creators are there and if you like qst in general we talk about qst stuff too.

A corpo, here? Aren’t there better places to party in? It’s an Arasaka corpo no less. By the look of his stone expression, you were sure the man’s face was fixed like that permanently. Well, it wasn’t your business being here anyways. It’s more surprising the Mox let him be around since it’s no news that Arasaka backs the Tyger Claws.

He stuck out like a severed testicles in Konpeki Plaza. Well, it looked like he wasn’t doing anything wrong nor was he causing any trouble for the workers here. So it wasn’t anything to tell the enforcers about. You scan over the customers, moving from place to place to hide among the crowds. Honestly this work was similar to gathering intel for River. It wasn’t as if the gangs ever cared about you being there anyways, even more when you lost your leg. You hobble over to Kaine.

“Hey Kaine.”

“Hey newbie, what’s up? Someone’s head need of crushing?”

“No, it’s just that I’m surprised you let the Arasaka in here.”

She shrugged.
“Eh, customers a customer, only the high ranking pussy claws work with them. Enough chit chat newbie, get back to work.”

It was then you saw one of the customers spiking a drink, some kind of powder it looked like. You swiftly report it to the enforcers and the guy was kicked out quickly. All in all, the night seemed rather uneventful, only a few people were beaten up and not a single person dead. This was a definite surprise for sure. You expected more to die in the bar, and at least five more outside the bar. But it looked like god chose to favor you today.

The bar’s activity began to die down, you glance over to where the corpo man was still there. He was dressed in a black and white suit, beard, and a short ponytail.

“You’re good for the night, N. Judy wakes up late so feel free to sleep in late.” Mateo said.

You rub your eyes and yawn. This work tired you out more than you thought. The corpo man disappeared almost as if he was never there, despite being so noticeable. Eh, he didn’t cause any troubles so who cares? You crash onto the bed and sleep, unsure what the next day would bring.

>You dreamt about your mother, a time so long ago back when you were happy.
>[Scene change] Arasaka Tower roll 1d3 (1 for Takemura and 2 for Yorinobu 3 for Hanako)
>Despite how hard you tried, sleep did not come easy. At 6AM you woke up without a way to go back to sleep.

Warning, from here on the Cyberpunk 2077 lore will be different from the game. Not too much will change but enough that it'll be noticeable.
>>
File: Screenshot (552).png (2428 KB, 1920x1080)
2428 KB
2428 KB .png
Join the discord, other creators are there and if you like qst in general we talk about qst stuff too.
https://discord.gg/WxWdtkSd
A corpo, here? Aren’t there better places to party in? It’s an Arasaka corpo no less. By the look of his stone expression, you were sure the man’s face was fixed like that permanently. Well, it wasn’t your business being here anyways. It’s more surprising the Mox let him be around since it’s no news that Arasaka backs the Tyger Claws.

He stuck out like a severed testicles in Konpeki Plaza. Well, it looked like he wasn’t doing anything wrong nor was he causing any trouble for the workers here. So it wasn’t anything to tell the enforcers about. You scan over the customers, moving from place to place to hide among the crowds. Honestly this work was similar to gathering intel for River. It wasn’t as if the gangs ever cared about you being there anyways, even more when you lost your leg. You hobble over to Kaine.

“Hey Kaine.”

“Hey newbie, what’s up? Someone’s head need of crushing?”

“No, it’s just that I’m surprised you let the Arasaka in here.”

She shrugged.
“Eh, customers a customer, only the high ranking pussy claws work with them. Enough chit chat newbie, get back to work.”

It was then you saw one of the customers spiking a drink, some kind of powder it looked like. You swiftly report it to the enforcers and the guy was kicked out quickly. All in all, the night seemed rather uneventful, only a few people were beaten up and not a single person dead. This was a definite surprise for sure. You expected more to die in the bar, and at least five more outside the bar. But it looked like god chose to favor you today.

The bar’s activity began to die down, you glance over to where the corpo man was still there. He was dressed in a black and white suit, beard, and a short ponytail.

“You’re good for the night, N. Judy wakes up late so feel free to sleep in late.” Mateo said.

You rub your eyes and yawn. This work tired you out more than you thought. The corpo man disappeared almost as if he was never there, despite being so noticeable. Eh, he didn’t cause any troubles so who cares? You crash onto the bed and sleep, unsure what the next day would bring.

>[Scene change] Arasaka Tower roll 1d3 (1 for Takemura and 2 for Yorinobu 3 for Hanako)
>Despite how hard you tried, sleep did not come easy. At 6AM you woke up without a way to go back to sleep.

Warning, from here on the Cyberpunk 2077 lore will be different from the game. Not too much will change but enough that it'll be noticeable.
>>
>>4970427

Time for backstory!
>>
>>4970427
>>
>>4970427
All good things come to an end... but that doesn't mean they end forever, does it?
>>
File: your mom.jpg (35 KB, 534x740)
35 KB
35 KB .jpg
Tatami mats. Cool summer winds. A home far from home, almost a magical place that shouldn’t be real. There was your mother, kind and gentle like the slow swaying waves of the ocean outside. The days went on slowly, always savoring the days with your mother in a home away from the cruel world.

(Reichi, breakfast!)
“Reichi! Asa gohan dayo!”
(yeah…)
“Uhn…”

霊地, Reichi, it meant “a sacred place”, the name was a reminder that you were her sacred place, her irreplaceable son, the shining pearl in the deep azure ocean. You still remember your mother saying it took a month to find the right name for you. Yes, that was your name. Not, N. You threw your real name away on that day. Out of all childhood memories only three events were clear, and it all started on that day.

It was a man, your grandfather actually, this was the first time you met him. It was also the first time you saw the fear in your mother’s eyes. The tender smile ceased to exist, wiped away by the crushing dread. You don’t remember what they spoke about, but next thing you remember was being strapped into a metal chair. Then… you woke up, being informed that five months had passed.

(I’m sorry Reichi, I’m so sorry. I couldn’t protect you.”
“Gomen ne Reichi, gomen ne… mamoru ku natte gomen ne…”

When you saw mother again she embraced you tight, hot tears soaked your shoulders. You didn’t know why she cried, but you cried too. It all went back to normal, until your grandfather visited again. Only this time fury enveloped her. They spoke in a language you didn’t know back then.

“No!”

“Kotomi if you can just reason-”

“I never wanted to be part of your plan! Not once! Because of your selfishness mother died! Now you’re asking my son and I to be your pawn? We ran away so we can be away from that life!”

“This is the only way to secure the future, your son’s future. The future of the world.” He said calmly.

“His future is already tainted because of what you did! I will never forgive you for that, father. You’re dead to me… get out.”

“Kotomi-”

“GET OUT!”

After that… you and mother moved to Night City, where their influence couldn’t touch you, whoever they were. Life was harder then, but with your mother it was a happy life… until-

“UP AND AT ‘EM NEWBIE! LET’S GO LET’S GO!”

A heavy knock snaps you awake. The clock read 8AM. Whatever the dream was, it left you rather...

>Warm, it enveloped your tired body, a little happiness went a long way. [Hope +2]
>Bitterness, You hope going to work will help you forget. [Cynicism +2]
>Write-in (depending on tone it will be hope or cynicism)
>>
>>4971472
>Warm, it enveloped your tired body, a little happiness went a long way. [Hope +2]
>>
>>4971472
>>Warm, it enveloped your tired body, a little happiness went a long way. [Hope +2]
>>
>>4971472
wow, mom had big tits
>>
>>4971472
>Bitterness, You hope going to work will help you forget. [Cynicism +2]
>>
[N currently has +4 Hope, +1 Street Cred, +1 Empathy]

“Yeah yeah I’m up!”

Warmth enveloped your body, a little happiness went a long way in this god forsaken city. You dress into your “uniform” and get on with your day. The bar was quiet since it was the morning, you moved boxes, dust the area, picked off trash, mopped the floor, just mundane jobs that made your mind wander off into thoughts. Kaine yawned as she walked across the bar, hickies on her neck like a proud scar in a street war.

“Slept well, N?”

“Yeah, I had a good dream, I don’t remember what it was though.”

You wince as you pick up a used condom with a chrome tong. There were also shards of glass, broken bottles, broken shot glass, even an oddly stained knife. Whoever had to clean up the boothes must’ve been worse than being a gonk. You snicker alone as you finishing mopping the floor and the table. Mateo tiredly wiped the bar boothe with an irritated groan.

“You ok Mateo?”

“Just a little hangover. What time is it?” Mateo grumbled. “Right, check out if Judy is still awake in her room, she was staying overnight yesterday.”

“You want me to wake her up?”

“More like check in with her, she didn’t always sleep like a slob…” Mateo said. “Anyways, just knock, and if she doesn’t answer just knock harder. And here. Clean her room for me.”

“And if she doesn’t wake up then?”

“Call Kaine.”

Whether it was night or day the city never slept. Except for Judy. You knock on her door and call her name several times with barely no results, until you hear a groan. The door slid open ajar, revealing one angry looking braindance processor/netrunning woman. She nursed her head as she groaned.

“Whaddya want kid?”

“Mateo sent me to check up on you. That and I’m here to clean your room.”

“Whatever, just don’t touch my stuff. I need to get some grubs.”

The cleaning wasn’t hard, you had to make that disgusting warehouse into a living condition. So Judy’s filthy room wasn’t a chore as you thought. As you finish cleaning up…

>Judy came back, she handed you some eddies, “Go to Paula Pawnshop, there should be a cyclic metric system ready to be picked up. Tell her I sent you.”
>Kaine barged in. “Get your ass in gear boy! We’re going on a patrol!”
>Mateo gently knocked, then entered. “Hey, N. After you’re done, come to the bar, you’re going to learn how to mix drinks and change lives.”
>>
>>4972512
>>Mateo gently knocked, then entered. “Hey, N. After you’re done, come to the bar, you’re going to learn how to mix drinks and change lives.”

From a purely gamey standpoint, this is the best choice. Bartending is a fantastic job/cover for an information gatherer/:broker. This'll make us better at our job, give us a concrete skill, and has the least chance of costing us a leg. Also, a good bartender is like a good cook, people don't go out of their way to kill them, because they like food/booze, and they can ramble to you without getting shit for it.
>>
>>4972512
>Judy came back, she handed you some eddies, “Go to Paula Pawnshop, there should be a cyclic metric system ready to be picked up. Tell her I sent you.”
>>
>>4972512
>>Mateo gently knocked, then entered. “Hey, N. After you’re done, come to the bar, you’re going to learn how to mix drinks and change lives.”
>>
>>4972512
>>
>>4972512
>Mateo gently knocked, then entered. “Hey, N. After you’re done, come to the bar, you’re going to learn how to mix drinks and change lives.”
>>
sorry for the short update

Mateo gently knocked, then entered.
“Hey, N. After you’re done, come to the bar, you’re going to learn how to mix drinks and change lives.”

“Mix drinks and change lives?”

“Something a colleague back in Glitch City used to say. Anyways, come on, N. Let’s go.”

At the bar booth there were many bottles laid out, each with its own color and label. He even let you touch actual fruits that you could cut. You’ve never seen an actual fruit before, let alone taste one. You let out a quick breath, hands curled to a cat’s paw

Mateo taught you the basics to the most complicated drinks. Of course you don’t remember it all but the basics was what mattered. Mateo guided you to mix the drinks correctly. It wasn’t shaking the shaker and talking to customers as you thought, it required precision and efficiency. It was already hard, but even more difficult when the fact that there would be multiple customers waiting for you to finish.

“How do you do all this by yourself?”

Mateo shrugged. “The secret is to get them talking. Ask how their days were and listen and they’ll be eating off of your hands.”

“So kinda distracting someone.”

“Something like that yeah.” Mateo chuckled. “Come on, let’s go over the basics again. We got plenty of time until customers starts pouring in.”

The practice goes on, and you do odd jobs around the bar as you learn the basics of being a bartender. In a brief moment of rest, there was silence between you and Mateo.

>“Say Mateo, are corpos a common customer here?”
>“So… are The Mox really in with River’s plan? This could ugly real fast you know.”
>Write-in
>>
>>4973210
>“So… are The Mox really in with River’s plan? This could ugly real fast you know.”

Really, I'm surprised to see River pulling something that could lead to the deaths of regular civilians thanks to collateral damage, but his quest getting screwed up must've sent him to a dark place.
>>
>>4973210
>>
>>4973210
>>
>>4973210
Keep it hush hush, since you don't know who might be listening in or whose hearing is augmented.

>>4973401
>River pulls N from a dark place
>N returns the favor later on
I want to work towards this when the time comes
>>
“So… are The Mox really in with River’s plan. This could get ugly real fast you know.”

Mateo paused for a moment, distracting himself by wiping the booth and other glasses.

“After what they’ve done to us, a little payback is due. Especially what they did to Evelyn.” Mateo said darkly. “Some of the girls owe their life to Evelyn. If they die killing a Tyger Claw that would be no problem for them.”

“Just like that?” You couldn’t help but scoff.

“Better to die in a blaze of glory than to fizzle out.”

“Maybe so… I’d just rather survive.”

“That’s most of us, but the Tyger Claws are one thing that makes us irrational.”

“Even you?”

“Yeah.” His voice was heavy. “But that’s a story for another time. Let’s see how much you’ve learned, make me a Blue Fairy.”

With the rest of the bar cleaned off you did other menial work around the bar. As night descended the customers began to pour in. The regulars came in first then to the guests around the street then to the more VIP esque guests. Mateo had you go around the back, mostly making the base or restocking items in the back. There was no chance that Mateo would let you work the front on the first day.

The bar began to pulse with electric music, light flaring like the rockets in the sky, and the voices overlapped into one giant noise. It was a miracle that you could hear Mateo over the ear drumming noise in general.

“N! We need more synth-lime juice!”

“Got it Mateo!”

It was difficult to see for the customers, but the sweat soaked into your shirt. Running back to back with your crutch and carrying heavy boxes. You knelt to restock some of the bars.

“Keep restocking N! I need to look for syrup! Just do simple orders, and there’s a recipe at the first shelf in case someone orders!”

“Wait I just learned this today! Mateo? Mateo!”

That son of a bitch! You let out a nervous sigh and stand back up, seeing…

>The same corpo man you saw last night.
>A frail looking girl like a brittle flower, surrounded by two guards… two heavily armed guards. Arasaka too. Just what was it with you and Arasaka lately?
>Judy, looking somewhat sober. In her hand was a shot of whiskey on the rocks. "Having fun, N?"
>>
>>4974212
Fate draws people together in the night... but for what purpose?
>>
>>4974212
>A frail looking girl like a brittle flower, surrounded by two guards… two heavily armed guards. Arasaka too. Just what was it with you and Arasaka lately?
>>
>>4974212
>>
[N currently has +4 Hope, +1 Street Cred, +1 Empathy, +2 Guts]

The same corpo man you saw last night. Judging by the look of his face he was old, an expression that of a stone. You were sure there were no cyberware to keep a face emotionless, if there were this would be the first time seeing it. You stare at him, then he stares at you back. He had a beard and hair bun, how one of those Tyger Claws would have. Though in a glance his suit was immaculate, nothing like the kind you see in Night City, even a step above than a corpo. You hid your cringe when the Arasaka logo was on his chest.

“Hey there… need a drink?”

“Water.” The man’s voice was sober, clear, and somber.

You grab a bottle of water and place it on the booth, he merely grabbed it in his hand and did not drink it. Instead, he placed a stack of eddies. Not enough for some cyberware but you could get some good food, like actual meat or dare you say a cake… with real cream! Maybe you can come in as a customer instead of scrounging in the dumpsters!

“Wow that’s a lot of tips, are you sure mister?”

“Keep it.” The man said.

“Wow thanks.” You stuff the tips into your pocket with glee, thne notice another customer is calling for your attention. “Oh yeah I never did get your name- where’d he go?”

It was as if he never was there, gone, despite his sleek appearance he somehow managed to disappear from your sights. Well, maybe he’ll come around again. He even left the water bottle. You did your best to hold down the fort until Mateo returned.

“About time!”

“Had some business to take care of. N, go to Judy’s room, River is there to see you.”

Your eyes widened by the sudden announcement, but you quickly move over to Judy’s room. There were some enforcers, Judy, then finally River.

“Good, you’re here. We can start now.”

The plan was simple. Dojima Kuni goes to play pachinko every wednesday in Watson, a territory still being contested by the Maelstroms and the Tyger Claws. The next part however…

“YOU WANT ME TO DO WHAT?”

Judy picked her ears and none of the people inside seemed bothered.

“You’re the only person that speaks Japanese, and that knows Maelstrom territory.”

“I know them to avoid them!” You couldn’t believe the plan. “You want me to throw a bomb, yell something in Japanese to imply I’m a Tyger Claw and speed off?”

“The nearest territory is the pachinko parlor where Dojima will be there. If he’s still a live we’ll swoop in and finish them off. All you have to do is just implicate, Kaine is also going to be your guard and your get away driver. A hit and run like every other gang do.”

>What about other people inside the parlor? [+2 Hope]
>We can just hire a Maelstrom to kill a Tyger Claw in their territory. [Show the large tip you got] We can at least hire one, and no one will remember someone like me.
>As long as you’re not asking me to storm their hideout. [+2 Guts]
>>
>>4975168
>As long as you’re not asking me to storm their hideout. [+2 Guts]
Would be a shame to lose the Eddies immediately. They better give us a bulletproof vest for this shit.
>>
>>4975168

Life is cheap here, but we should at least know who we're potentially bombing/catching in the crossfire.
>>
>>4975168

I'd really like N to have something like an external lens disruptor like V, because otherwise they can just take a look at footage and see that we're not a Tyger Claw at all. There's also the issue where we're even more distinctive due to our lack of leg.
>>
>>4975168
We have options, don't we?
>>
[N currently has +6 Hope, +1 Street Cred, +1 Empathy, +2 Guts]

There was one thing that had yet to be added into the equation. One that you were sure they knew they accounted for, at least they should’ve at worst forgotten.

“What about other people inside the parlor?”

“It’ll mostly be people associated with the Tyger Claws, it’s only opened to few selected parties too.” Judy said.

“Mostly?”

“It’s not hard to tell between the Tyger Claws and the regular. Don’t worry about it.” Rivers said. “They’re all gonks in the end anyways.”

You kept your mouth tight. Sure it would suck to have innocent bystanders die, but they were associates of the Tyger Claws, they should’ve taken account that it could be attacked at any moment. This had nothing to do with you after all, all you needed to take care of was yourself, and no one else. There was still the uncertain hesitation in your guts, sure they were scums but there were also innocent bystanders. Just about anyone in Night City was one way associated with a gang, did that really mean they deserved to die or be treated just the same as the gang?

Judy handed you a bag of clothes, nothing like the Mox, but suspiciously like the Tyger Claws. It was a pink and pastel green undershirt with black pants, goggles, and a green hair spray. There were even fake tattoos to make it look like you really were one of the Tyger Claws.

“You’re going to dress like a Tyger Claw and do a hit and run tomorrow night. The Maelstrom is doing some party so it’d be the perfect time.”

“What do you want me to do exactly?”

You flinch when she took an odd looking grenade.

“This is an EMP grenade tricked out with an extra punch.” Judy said with a toothy grin, looking too proud of her work. “Kaine will drive you to their hideout. Say something in Japanese then throw it at them then get out. It’d fry those borg fucker’s brain then, pop… it doens’t matter if you didn’t kill any of them, they’ll get the message.”

Kaine’s bubblegum popped at the same time.

“After that the Maelstrom will most likely attack the pachinko. Once they’re done killing each other we’ll take care of the rest. If Dojima is still alive we’ll kill him there.” Rivers said.

“By the way I don’t have to go to the parlor right?”

“Of course not, you’ll be a liability with that leg of yours.” River said, he cleared his throat. “No offense, N.”

“None taken…”

“We’ll go over the plan tomorrow too, you can go back to work, N.”

>Go back to work
>Skip to the night of the hit
>>
>>4976363
Wow that's a lot of Hope. We better spend it somewhere important.
>Go back to work
I wonder what else is in store for us this work shift...
>>
>>4976363
>Go back to work
Sure why not
>>
>>4976363
>Go back to work
>>
File: stream1.jpg (269 KB, 1024x576)
269 KB
269 KB .jpg
Pic related, I'll draw her soon but imagine someone like her personality
join the discord! https://discord.gg/WxWdtkSd

All of it seemed rather ridiculous. Few months ago you were nothing but a street rat, now a budding bartender for the Mox then now being part of a pseudo proxy gang war, if that was the right way to describe it. After the harrowing revelation where (((you))) would be the spark to ignite it all… You let out a sigh, thinking what kind of hell did you drag yourself into, seriously. One wrong move and you’d be the example of the reason why not to fuck with the Tyger Claws. With such thoughts in your head you forgot the customer in front of you, talking about whatever she was talking about.

“A Piano Man if you could.”

“Whiskey on the rocks.”

“Five shots of vodka!”

Once the busiest hours hit it was like being trapped in the center of a maelstrom. Having one leg to di just about anything was hard enough, But you atill managed thanks to Mateo’s help. It was busy, but the customers thankfully poli-

“OH. MY. GOD. I CAN’T BELIEVE WE’RE IN LIZZIE’S BAR!”

“I feel so empowered already!”

A swarm of giggling were shot rapidly. A sound you never heard before in your life. They were just about your age. Which made it more confusing, they shouldn’t be here, they were far too young to be in a place such as this. Yea, the irony was not lost on you. They take pictures of just about everyone and everything. They would earn a well deserved stab or a bullet if not for the bodyguard accompanying them. Well, it really wasn’t your business. It was Mateo’s since he was now being interrogated. Or so you thought.

“Hey there my beautiful chippers!” The girl said excitedly with her cam recording her. “I am at Lizzie’s Bar, yes, the Lizzie’s Bar!”

What on earth is she doing?

You stare at the girl, dressed in a mix of bright colors and chrome augments, the style of Night City with a touch of mountainful of eddies. They were obviously the future heirs of powerful corpos. If you remember what she was doing was called streaming, you heard it before when one of the Mox girls also wanted to try, which was quickly shot down since she wanted to record herself killing Tyger Claws. Since Mateo was getting most of the attention you simply continued to work.

“Hey there!”

You nearly drop the shot glass in your hand. The girl’s hair was brilliant blond, blue eyes sparkling with a hint of chrome colored mascara and gold lipstick, sharp yet small nose, like one of the famous actors and such… and is that a snake on her neck? It was difficult to take your eyes off that beautiful girl.

“I didn’t know there was another bartender in Lizzie’s Bar, what’s your name?”

“N, my name is N.”

“Just N?”

“Well Ennie!”

Alright you suppose you’re Ennie now.

“Tell me about yourself!”
>>
>>4977708
>I’m just the bartender, nothing more.
>I’d rather get to know you (try to flirt or to deflect [choose one])
>You can introduce yourself first, it’s only fair.
>I grew up in the streets, did some odd jobs here and there. I know Night City like the back of my hand.
>[Street Kid] A word of advice, choom. Don’t go asking someone’s life, especially when it’s clear as gold you’re not from around here.
>Write-in
>>
>>4977713
>I’m just the bartender, nothing more.

Getting any amount of publicity before doing a job that has you throwing a grenade and drawing attention to yourself sounds like a poor idea.
>>
>>4977790
This is just a fun bit so you don't have to worry so much about that.
>>
>>4977708
>>[Street Kid] A word of advice, choom. Don’t go asking someone’s life, especially when it’s clear as gold you’re not from around here.
"if not out of being afraid you'll get killed then just out of politeness now if you'll excuse me i have a job to do, what would you want to drink?"
>>
>>4977713
>I’d rather get to know you try to flirt
Only one bodyguard for such a hot package?
>>
>>4977713
backing >>4977790
though I'd want N to at least think about >>4978289 in the narration
>>
>>4977713
>[Street Kid] A word of advice, choom. Don’t go asking someone’s life, especially when it’s clear as gold you’re not from around here.
>>
>>4978413
I was hoping no one would notice that I got it all planned
>>4977790
>>4978413
>>4978430
>>4978276
I'll need a tie breaker
>>
>>4978505
>>[Street Kid] A word of advice, choom. Don’t go asking someone’s life, especially when it’s clear as gold you’re not from around here.

A very late tiebreaker has arrived.
Next time just roll to break or ask for votes on /qtg/ if nobody responds in an hour or so.
>>
>>4978289
I will switch to
>>[Street Kid]
>>
damn anons, QM left :c
>>
File: Cyberpunk-2077.jpg (319 KB, 2400x1350)
319 KB
319 KB .jpg
Sorry about that I'm moving to a dorm soon so it's been busy on my end.

Honestly you already hated corpos. Some dim witted chick with little to no common sense was just as worse. Who the hell do they think they are barging in like gonks and annoying the customers. Fuck them and fuck everyone that’s involved with her. Not to mention the body guards that were hidden among the crowds. You may not have fancy optics but you could tell mercenaries apart. Normal dressed civilians carrying a hit was a common occurrence in Night City after all. You slam down the towel, your nerve on the verge of breaking.

“ A word of advice, choom. Don’t go asking someone’s life, especially when it’s clear as gold you’re not from around here.” You say with a scoffing snarl. “Acting like you won the goddamn place, you and your friends. Can’t you see you annoying everyone else? What? You think you can just whip your iron around because mommy and daddy are rich enough to trample over others?”

“I’m sorry…” The girl said sincerely. “I know it’s tough to-”

“The fuck do you know about that?” You snarl, letting out a deep sigh. “Look, just order what you want. I got other-”

“Hey kid! Mars Blast, stat!”

“Coming!”

You ignore what she has to say and go back to work. Mateo or someone else can deal with the girl. You hope you’ll never see a girl like that ever again.

The night had passed, the morning went as usual. Except this time you were dressed as a Tyger Claw. Few of the girls laughed, and Mateo did his best to compliment your neon teal colored hair. Kaine was dressed per usual, except she was armed with two pistols, a submachine gun, and a shotgun strapped to her back.

“Come on, N. Times a wastin. You ready?”

“Something like that…”

“Not like you’ll need it, but here. It’s a-

>Militech A2 Semi-automatic pistol, a good balance of power and accuracy, it’s a beginner’s gun. Nothing crazy but it gets the job done.
>Bullhead-16, a hand canon guaranteed to blow a non-augmented head, pretty cool huh?
>New-Beretta 92-72f, an automatic pistol, less on power more for spray and pray, it’s for beginner’s really. It’s also my personal choice when I rush in with my bat.
>Okada Generation 2, a pistol all about accuracy, shoots slower than a dead grandma but it’s reliable and less prone to jamming.
>>
>>4978718
Oh yeah join the discord if you like
https://discord.gg/WxWdtkSd
>>
>>4978718
>Bullhead-16, a hand canon guaranteed to blow a non-augmented head, pretty cool huh?
>>
>>4978718
>Militech A2 Semi-automatic pistol, a good balance of power and accuracy, it’s a beginner’s gun. Nothing crazy but it gets the job done.
>>
>>4978718
Or blow a non-augmented leg, like ours.
>>
>>4978718
>New-Beretta 92-72f, an automatic pistol, less on power more for spray and pray, it’s for beginner’s really. It’s also my personal choice when I rush in with my bat.
None of these guns can do shit to a borg without aiming and we won't have time for that. Full auto will at least buy us a few seconds, help us get out of there.

Good luck with your stuff, QM.
>>
“Not like you’ll need it, but here. It’s a Bullhead-16, a hand canon guaranteed to blow a non-augmented head, pretty cool huh?”

Cool? Oh yes, this piece of iron was the type that all mercenaries would wield. Hand canons that would blow someone’s face! If you had this iron strapped to you no one in the streets would think twice messing with you! That being said… you may not know much about guns but you sure as hell knew the recoil would murder you.

For fuck’s sake the bullet was long as your pinky!

“Hey Kaine, isn’t this gun a bit too much for me?”

“You’ll be fine, quit being a loser about it. Come on!”

Kaine pulled you, and eventually ended up in the backseat of Kaine’s motorcycle. Thankfully, Kaine had the sense to use helmets. And even disguised as a Tyger Claw as well as her motorcycle. They plan this out really well.

“Try to hold on.”

You hold onto the railing on the backseat. The engine let out a mighty roar, then it sped off. Admittedly, you weren’t prepared for such speed. The traffic was a blur, and the wind violently rippled off of your skin. There were horns blaring and lots of cursing, and the entire time you held on for your dear life. It was a terrifying experience, but also a thrill that echoed into your entire body. A freedom that could be only be achieved by the exhilarating speed.

“Woohoo!”

“That’s the spirit!”

But as all good things come to an end, you were finally here. Hidden in the back of the alley not too far from the warehouse. As Judy told you, a group of Maelstroms were coming back from their patrol. She handed you the EMP grenade.

“You nervous?”

“A little.”

“Pussy.” Kaine said with a giggle. “HERE WE GO!”

“SHINE MAELSTROM BAKEMONO YARO!”

Roll a d20 3 times
>>
Rolled 1 (1d20)

>>4978956
Time to die
>>
>>4978958
Yup, called it
>>
Oh shit I meant d100 my bad
>>
“Not like you’ll need it, but here. It’s a Bullhead-16, a hand canon guaranteed to blow a non-augmented head, pretty cool huh?”

Cool? Oh yes, this piece of iron was the type that all mercenaries would wield. Hand canons that would blow someone’s face! If you had this iron strapped to you no one in the streets would think twice messing with you! That being said… you may not know much about guns but you sure as hell knew the recoil would murder you.

For fuck’s sake the bullet was long as your pinky!

“Hey Kaine, isn’t this gun a bit too much for me?”

“You’ll be fine, quit being a loser about it. Come on!”

Kaine pulled you, and eventually ended up in the backseat of Kaine’s motorcycle. Thankfully, Kaine had the sense to use helmets. And even disguised as a Tyger Claw as well as her motorcycle. They plan this out really well.

“Try to hold on.”

You hold onto the railing on the backseat. The engine let out a mighty roar, then it sped off. Admittedly, you weren’t prepared for such speed. The traffic was a blur, and the wind violently rippled off of your skin. There were horns blaring and lots of cursing, and the entire time you held on for your dear life. It was a terrifying experience, but also a thrill that echoed into your entire body. A freedom that could be only be achieved by the exhilarating speed.

“Woohoo!”

“That’s the spirit!”

But as all good things come to an end, you were finally here. Hidden in the back of the alley not too far from the warehouse. As Judy told you, a group of Maelstroms were coming back from their patrol. She handed you the EMP grenade.

“You nervous?”

“A little.”

“Pussy.” Kaine said with a giggle. “HERE WE GO!”

“SHINE MAELSTROM BAKEMONO YARO!”

Roll a d100
>>
>>4978969
I made a mistake and was advised to use d100 since it's better
>>
Rolled 1 (1d100)

Fat. Fucking. Tits.
>>
"1d100"
First time rolling. Hope I don't fuck this up.
>>
How the fuck do I roll the dice?
>>
Rolled 58 (1d100)

>>4978969

Here goes nothing, not like it can get worse.

>>4979060
"dice+1d100" minus the " " in the options field, next to the Name box.
>>
HAHAHAHAHAHAH That's some shit luck! Oh right I have a discord if anyone wants to join so you'll know when I update.
https://discord.gg/NXTakbXE

“DOH!”

The EMP grenade hit one of the Maelstrom in the head and Kaine threw hers as well. You waited for the fizzle as Kaine drove away… any time now. The frying fizzle was finally heard after the loud pop. But the pissed of screams indicated that no one was killed. Kaine floored the pedal, despite the engine’s whine an awkward silence remained between you two.

“Uh… Kaine. I don’t think that worked.”

“Yeah I can see that!” Kaine said angrily. “Whatever, they saw us, that's all that matters.”

You hear an engine, a loud and grumbling one. Looking back would only lead you to confirming your suspicions. But… you had to. And there it was, a van full of pissed off Maelstroms. Well. This was it. You were going to die. Maybe you’ll get a drink after you in Afterlife… probably not but hey you can only hope.

“Don’t just stare at them shoot them!”

You take out the Bullhead-16 and pull the trigger. The very recoil sent your arm flying, almost knocking you off the bike. What’s worse was that the gun hit you in your nose and it was painful, like someone punched your nose with a titanium alloy knuckles but that was the gun with the force of the recoil.

“OW!”

The gun slipped out of your hand thanks to the punch. The said gun end up being thrown at a car nearby, the car then swerved hitting another car, then another, then another… it became a pile of cars crashing on to one another, and among them was the van that was chasing you.

“DID YOU SERIOUSLY DROP THE GUN!”

“It’s not my fault you gave me a fraggin gun that shoot like a canon!”

“IT’S CALLED A HAND CANNON FOR A REASON!”

“WELL I NEVER SHOT ONE FUCKING SUE ME!”

The rest of the ride was silent, at the rendezvous point you change your clothes to another disguise and drive home.

“Well at least no one innocent died…” You say with a shrug.

“There’s that I guess.”

As expected Kaine was given a thoroughly scolding for giving you a gun that you shouldn’t have. You were actually let off easy. After the fiasco you weren’t allowed to go outside, not to mention the bar was at its most quiet so Mateo didn’t need your help either. Free time… huh. What should you do now?

>Still help out, you got nothing to do anyways
>Sleep and generally fool around, get some food, basically waste time till your shift
>maybe go ask some enforcers how to defend yourself
>Write-in
>>
>>4979077
>maybe go ask some enforcers how to defend yourself

Unless we plan on making our foes laugh themselves to death, we really oughta pick up some pointers from someone.
>>
>>4979077
>Sleep and generally fool around, get some food, basically waste time till your shift

Maybe we can get a nice dream like before
>>
>>4979077
>Go ask some enforcers how to defend yourself
Ask how to handle recoil and what's the most efficient way to deal with borgs. Without using EMPs, that is.

We gotta ask Judy what the fuck did she do with those grenades. Holy shit.

That fucking chain crash, tho. Maybe we should just weaponize car accidents from now on.
>>
>>4979077
>Go ask some enforcers how to defend yourself
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-NuX79Ud8zI
>>
The afternoons were the most boring in the bar, little no customers visited meaning no drunkards to kick out. Even the gang activities were at its lowest just about for all gangs. Then again, ‘low activity’ would be considered high activity jut about for any other cities in New America. You speak to some enforcers for some tips, and with them having nothing much to do they were more than happy to give out pointers. The practice took on an unused warehouse inside the bar.

For one, they laughed at your face during hand to hand combat training. Compared to their augmented arms, subdermal reinforced skin, and optics, you were a terrible fighter. Not to mention having one leg made the practice all the harder. Who knew? They also taught you to use firearms, an actual firearm where the recoil wouldn’t kick you in the face. Apparently Kaine was scolded for giving you that gun. Inside the warehouse you rested on the mat, soaked in sweat and sore muscles.

“Once you get a cyberware for that leg of yours I’m sure you can handle yourself.” One of the enforcers said. “You’re not a bad shot with an iron either.”

“Thanks.” You let out a shaky breath, you weren’t sure if you could stand up, or even drag yourself to your crutch. “

“Come on, Newbie. Your shift is an hour or two right?”

“Yeah…”

Through sheer willpower, you manage to get back on your crutch. After a hot shower you dress into your uniform. Just before you walk out Mateo tosses you a mask that would cover your nose and mouth.

“What’s this for?”

“It’s just for today. After that fiasco you never know someone might be looking for you.”

You shrug. “Fair point.”

The bar began to pick up with activities. Many customers began to come in, though you spotted a…

>That corpo man again? No no, he couldn’t be looking for you right? No one saw your face you had a mask on back then too!
>Oh great it’s that streamer girl with her gaggle of friends again.
>Rough badlands look, patches, a nomad. You squint your eyes to see an Aldecaldos.

N now has a better chance to hit targets and fare better in fighting
>>
>>4979473
>Rough badlands look, patches, a nomad. You squint your eyes to see an Aldecaldos.
>>
>>4979473
Thank fuck. We'll need it. Assuming we don't critfail every combat roll.
>That corpo man again? No no, he couldn’t be looking for you right? No one saw your face you had a mask on back then too!
>>
>>4979473
I know that generating Hope can be addictive, but we need to get some Cred/Guts.

Thanks for running this quest, NCQM. It's hella cool and comfy for some reason.
>>
>>4979473
>>
>>4979473
BIG IRON ON HIS HIP
>>
>>4979877
>>4979685
>>4979496
Votes are called in
>>
Rough badlands look, patches, a nomad. You squint your eyes to see an Aldecaldos. A female, rolled up hair, a mean glare, and one hell of a face. Whoever she was, she managed to stick out and punch away any thirsting men and women. She walks up to your booth and sits on the stool.

“Hey there, what can I get you?”

The woman pondered for a moment, eyeing you up and down as if she was inspecting a gear or some product. For once however, you weren’t in a life threatening situation, she looked like a reasonable person and such… for now. You know much more about the nomads than the normal person. You envied them. The open road, the freedom, the sense of family they were always proud to boast about, though you doubt they would take someone with a stump for a leg.

“Get me a dry whiskey.”

“Coming right up.”

Your pour the whiskey and pass it over to her. She downed the glass without an issue.

“Name’s Panam.”

“N. Nice to meet you.”

“Just, N?”

“Yeah. Something wrong? You don’t look well?”

“It’s nothing. I just used to know someone with a single letter for a name…”

The grip on her glass tightened, as if you spat in her face and she’s trying to keep her anger in. The air tensed between you and Panam but it seemed to dissipate, her anger seemed to be replaced with sorrow, regret, a face that you were all too familiar with living in the streets. Panam cleared her throat, jumping back into the conversation. She let out a heavy sigh.

“Anyways, she sure is running late…”

>“I didn’t know someone else had a name like that, who is he… or her?”
>Ask about the Nomads, potentially for joining
>Write-in
>>
>>4980096
>Ask what's a Nomad like her doing in the city, seemingly all alone
>>
>>4980096
>Ask about the Nomads, potentially for joining
>>
>>4980096
>>
>>4980096
>>
Hey guys I need to take care of something so the update might not happen today. Sorry for the delay.
>>
>>4980534
Good luck with the something, QM.
>>
It was certainly odd to see a nomad on all her own, even if she knew someone in Night City. A nomad simply doesn’t wander alone after all, especially a looker like her. Then again, you were sure she’s been in firefights and packs her own iron. And no one in Night City was stuoid enough to mess with a nomad. After all, you mess with one and you mess with the hive. God help the poor son of a bitch.

“If you don’t mind asking, a nomad doesn’t come alone in a city often let alone by themselves. I know you’re waiting for someone but isn’t it still rare?”

Her brow quirked.
“Looks like you know a bit more about the nomad than the average person.”

“It’s not often but I heard about the nomads time to time. I gotta say I am a bit jealous of the freedom you guys have.”

She smirked an amused grin.
“Looking to join or something?”

“Maybe… though I don’t think I’m qualified.”

“If you have the skills and the guts, maybe you can. But right now I’m on business. And speaking of…”

“Hey Panam.” Judy said.

Judy and Panam soon began talking, and other customers needed your help. The rest of the night went on as usual. People drank, some were thrown out, and generally good times were had for the customers. The bar began to die down, despite being a few hours away from closing. Panam and Judy gave a farewell to each other.

“Hey kid.” Panam said. “I heard you took on a Maelstrom.”

“I wouldn’t say took them on, more like running away.” You say. “I guess you heard about the fiasco.”

“I did but considering that a high ranking soldier in the Tyger Claw is dead. The plan worked didn’t it? I say it’s not a fiasco at all.” Panam handed you a scrap of paper with her contact information. “You certainly got guts, there may be a place for you in the Aldecaldos. I’ll be staying around Night City since I got some business with Judy. I’ll see you around, N.”

“Yeah, I’ll see you around.”

The bar was almost closing and the enforcers helped out any straggling customers. You on the other hand had other jobs to do. Which was…

>Restocking some items
>Throwing out the trash
>Cleaning the glassware
>>
>>4981005
>Cleaning the glassware
>>
>>4981005
>Restocking some items

Idk about joining the Aldecaldos, since it'd probably mean leaving the city with them.
>>
>>4981005
>Cleaning the glassware
>>
>>4981287
How is that a bad thing?
>>
>>4981005
>Cleaning the glassware
People always look down on the dish pros and bros, until the dishes stack halfway to the ceiling...
>>
>>4981296
It's not bad at all (and I love tech/upgrade stuff), but I'd rather have a Night City-based quest, unless we can become one of those crazy deltajocks who transport cargo and people into orbit. Otherwise NC will provide much for a cooler setting than travelling through the wasteland.
>>
[N currently has +6 Hope, +1 Street Cred, +1 Empathy, +2 Guts]

“Hey, N. I’m gonna throw out the trash so clean the glass ok?”

There was another girl working alongside you, your second senior in bartending Mikaela. If Mateo wasn’t around she would be the one taking charge.

“Sure thing!”

There was something calming about cleaning the glasses, it was a signal that all the chaos ended. Your clothes were soaked in sweat but you managed to continue on. The lure of a hot shower and a good night’s rest beckoned you ever so sweetly. The night went on to be uneventful, with the glass cleaned you watched the news, talking about the gang shoot out you were in, Be it luck or not, your face wasn’t shown. Instead, the focus was on the Maelstroms due to their hideous faces.

“Ugh, ugly looking things are they?” Mikaela said grimly. “Good thing you got away.”

“Got away? More like barely making it out.”

“Ah well, you got out in one piece… well once piece of your current self.” Mikaela said awkwardly. “You know what I mean. I mean that you’re lucky to escape that car crash.”

“Gee. Thanks.” You roll your eyes. “Anyways I’m done with the glasses.”

“Good work, I’ll take care of the rest so you can take off.”

“Sweet.” You let out a long stretch and a sigh. “Can’t wait to go to sleep.”

After a long shower you lay on your bed, slowly drifting to sleep. Two weeks have passed without so much as conflict, other than the rising war between the Maelstroms and the Tyger Claws. It was hard to believe you were the source of triggering a bloody war between two of the most ruthless gangs in Night City. It was a miracle that you made it out.

On your off days you trained with the enforcers, worked on your shooting, bartending and speaking with customers. You felt better in the general skills and felt the improvement of yourself over all. Not to mention you finally got cyberware for your leg, though it was literally a peg leg made of strong materials. An actual cyberware for your leg was too expensive as per any limb replacing cyberware. You appreciate their kindness for sure, but calling you Captain N or saying ‘arr’ did get old rather quick. On the bright side, learning how to kick with a peg leg proved to be a devastating blunt weapon. Not to mention it had a hidden compartment for your pistol,

It was another busy night in the bar, you see a customer slipping something into the drink that Mikaela just handed over. You...
>>
>>4981833
>Get the enforcers, you don’t know what kind of person you’ll be dealing with.
>Intervene right away. [+2 Guts]
>Get Mateo or Mikaela, choose.

Also choose the pistol to be in your hidden compartment in the peg leg.

>Militech A2 Semi-automatic pistol, a good balance of power and accuracy.
>Bullhead-16, a gun of bad memories.
>New-Beretta 92-72f, an automatic pistol, less on power more for spray and pray.
>Okada Generation 2, a pistol all about accuracy, shoots slow but it is highly durable and less prone to jamming.
>Write in your favorite pistol but keep in mind that unlike V, N doesn't have the resource or money to get powerful pistols.
>>
>>4981834
>>Get the enforcers, you don’t know what kind of person you’ll be dealing with.
We won't be defeated by a gun. Besides, we got some actual training done since. And with the recoil it's got, we could turn it into a booster for our peg leg.
>>
>>4981834
>Intervene right away. [+2 Guts]
Time to stop being a pussy.
>Militech A2 Semi-automatic pistol, a good balance of power and accuracy

>>4981840
Those enforcers didn't teach us how to handle a fucking Bullhead. Only regular firearms.
>>
>>4981834

I trust in BIG IRON
>>
>>4981840
>>4981893
>>4981883

calling in the votes
>>
>>4981834
>Okada Generation 2
Big gun go big boom.
>>
>>4981946
Not counting that vote since the votes were already called in, please read next time.
>>
-2 Guts
[N currently has +6 Hope, +1 Street Cred, +1 Empathy, 0 Guts]

You didn’t know who that man was. Not to mention he was dressed well enough to mistaken as a corpo, but the looseness of his clothes could mean that he was part of a gang. While River’s plan to make a proxy war against gangs was a thing any attention to the Mox was a bad idea. You make a motion to the enforcers

“Hey there, stud.” One of the enforcers said. “We need you to stay here for a bit.”

The enforcer dipped a strip of paper into the cup, once it was taken out the strip of paper became bright blue. The man was given a brutal punch to the face with a resounding crack. Kaine smirked at the satisfying punch, the enforcer dragged the man to god knows where. You let out a sigh of relief. Mateo beckoned you to the back. Once you arrived Mateo smacked you on the head.

“Ow! What was that about?”

“What was that about?” Mateo said with a snuff. “What was that about? If you see someone slipping a drink it’s a matter of time when the other person drinks it! Next time you need to intervene as soon as possible, got it? ”

“Alright, I got it. I’m sorry, it won’t happen again.”

“Good, see to it that you don’t.”

There was slight disappointment within yourself but mistakes were mistakes. The night went on and the customers were still very busy with themselves. It was then you heard some gigglings, the kind you already heard before.

“Hey it’s you again!”

Oh great it was that streaming girl and her friends. Along with her bodyguards.

“Welcome to Lizzie’s Bar, what can I get you?”

“Oh then I’ll have a blue fairy!”

Well she wasn’t asking some weird crap like last time.

“Oh by the way I’m Nicole!”

“Nice to meet you.” You say flatly.

“So how have you been?”

“Been busy.”

“Ooh, you must have some stories as a bartender right? Come on, tell me a story! Or you can tell me about what it’s like to be a bartender!”

“I can’t say anything about the customers, I don’t want to reveal something about a customer.”

“That’s just boring…”

It’s so odd to see someone as rich as her coming to this bar.
>>
>>4982005
>“Why is it that you’re in this bar of all places? There must be plenty of bars in Westbrook right?”
>“So, who are you really?”
>“Are you some kind of celebrity or something?”
>Write-in
>>
Oh and another thing, I'll be moving to my dorm and it's possible that I won't be able to use wifi for two or three days. Just letting you guys know. Thank you for following the quest so far I really do appreciate it and it's a blast for me. Sorry for the lack of art as well, things are busy. Once everything settles I'll start drawing again. For now here's the Streamer girl you guys met. Which you might meet her again...

I also forgot to mention

N has now unlocked a new life path: Nomad
>>
File: qst 38.png (127 KB, 400x454)
127 KB
127 KB .png
-2 Guts
[N currently has +6 Hope, +1 Street Cred, +1 Empathy, 0 Guts]

You didn’t know who that man was. Not to mention he was dressed well enough to mistaken as a corpo, but the looseness of his clothes could mean that he was part of a gang. While River’s plan to make a proxy war against gangs was a thing any attention to the Mox was a bad idea. You make a motion to the enforcers

“Hey there, stud.” One of the enforcers said. “We need you to stay here for a bit.”

The enforcer dipped a strip of paper into the cup, once it was taken out the strip of paper became bright blue. The man was given a brutal punch to the face with a resounding crack. Kaine smirked at the satisfying punch, the enforcer dragged the man to god knows where. You let out a sigh of relief. Mateo beckoned you to the back. Once you arrived Mateo smacked you on the head.

“Ow! What was that about?”

“What was that about?” Mateo said with a snuff. “What was that about? If you see someone slipping a drink it’s a matter of time when the other person drinks it! Next time you need to intervene as soon as possible, got it? ”

“Alright, I got it. I’m sorry, it won’t happen again.”

“Good, see to it that you don’t.”

There was slight disappointment within yourself but mistakes were mistakes. The night went on and the customers were still very busy with themselves. It was then you heard some gigglings, the kind you already heard before.

“Hey it’s you again!”

Oh great it was that streaming girl and her friends. Along with her bodyguards.

“Welcome to Lizzie’s Bar, what can I get you?”

“Oh then I’ll have a blue fairy!”

Well she wasn’t asking some weird crap like last time.

“Oh by the way I’m Nicole!”

“Nice to meet you.” You say flatly.

“So how have you been?”

“Been busy.”

“Ooh, you must have some stories as a bartender right? Come on, tell me a story! Or you can tell me about what it’s like to be a bartender!”

“I can’t say anything about the customers, I don’t want to reveal something about a customer.”

“That’s just boring…”

It’s so odd to see someone as rich as her coming to this bar.

>“Why is it that you’re in this bar of all places? There must be plenty of bars in Westbrook right?”
>“So, who are you really?”
>“Are you some kind of celebrity or something?”
>Write-in
>>
Oh and another thing, I'll be moving to my dorm and it's possible that I won't be able to use wifi for two or three days. Just letting you guys know. Thank you for following the quest so far I really do appreciate it and it's a blast for me. Sorry for the lack of art as well, things are busy. Once everything settles I'll start drawing again.

I also forgot to mention

N has now unlocked a new life path: Nomad
>>
>>4982013
>“Why is it that you’re in this bar of all places? There must be plenty of bars in Westbrook?”
>Tell her that we have stories if she has Eddies. Nothing's free.

We need money for a real cyberleg, so might as well see if N can milk some from the spoiled corpo brat.
>>
>>4982013
>>
>>4982013
Curse you for making this girl so cute in artwork QM
>>
I have a discord, please join to know when I update and to generally chill. https://discord.gg/NXTakbXE

>>4982516
Kek, I'm glad you like the art.
It was a bad idea to indulge a brat’s play time but you couldn’t help but wonder. She’s obviously from Westbrook so what was she doing here of all places? There should’ve been plenty of places that looked similar to the bar, without the history itself. Maybe she’s bold, appreciates history? Maybe there’s more to her.

“Why is it that you’re in this bar of all places? There must be plenty of bars in Westbrook right?”

“There is obviously, duh. Better and cleaner, but...” Nicole said with a questionable grin. “That and I like the thrills of being in the streets.

Maybe she’s an idiot. You couldn’t help but to scoff at the girl.

“That thrill will leave you without an organ in a bathtub full of ice.”

“I know!” She giggled like a mad woman. “Isn't it amazing? Besides, I got bodyguards and I can take care of myself.”

You shrug.
“Your choice.”

“Come on, you gotta have some stories that doesn’t involve customers right?” Nicole pleaded.

“What’s in it for me?”

“I’ll pay you.”

“Pay me with what?”

“Eddies.”

“Well…” Hey eddies are eddies. “There was one time…

>A maxtac rolled up in a nearby scav building. I think it was after a NCPD officer was killed too so that might have to be related.
>I saw Valentinos and the 6th Streets duking out in the streets, one of them had a machete and the other a sledge hammer.
>I once took a job as a snack seller in a cage match for the Animals… the match was gory to look at.
>Write in
>>
>>4982826
>>A maxtac rolled up in a nearby scav building. I think it was after a NCPD officer was killed too so that might have to be related.
>>
>>4982826
>I once took a job as a snack seller in a cage match for the Animals… the match was gory to look at.
>>
>>4982826
>A maxtac rolled up in a nearby scav building. I think it was after a NCPD officer was killed too so that might have to be related.

>>“I know!” She giggled like a mad woman. “Isn't it amazing?
Bitch is crazy, who woulda thunk.
>>
>>4982826
>>
Well there was that one time, right. Couple years ago when that NCPD police officer was killed. Unless they had backing from a bigger fish it was generally a bad idea to mess with the NCPD. Then again scavs and Maelstrom have a very different idea of common sense unlike other gangs. NCPD were the guard dog of every corpos and they were a frightening bunch.

“If I remember it was a couple years ago. I was near the scav’s dumpster. The scavs were in one of those abandoned high rises in the corner of the Night City near Santo Domingo.

That had to be the lowest point in your life. Digging through trash cans for a partially moldy bread. Looting corpses for eddies, even leaving a man to die to take his wallet. Being beaten by the NCPD for no reasons. Honestly you weren’t sure how you survived those days. The music that surrounded you slightly go numb, and whatever you ate threatened to spit back out with a bile claw tearing your stomach. It made you sick remembering those days.

“N?”

“Right, the story.”

“You don’t have to tell me if it makes you uncomfortable.”

“You want the story or not.” You say forcibly. “Anyways, it was the middle of night. I can still remember that awful smell.”

The smell of gunpowder, rotting corpses, feces, just about anything that smelled like shit was plentiful in that miserable corner of the city. With barely working electricity the affluent part of the city and few working light was all there was for illumination.

“Then all of a sudden hear some kind of whirring and heavy footsteps. I took that sign was something happening and got as far as I could. I didn’t get far since I didn’t went on eating for two days.” You say with a chuckle, it was a miracle that you could even walk. “I saw a squad car flying near the scav building. Then… bang.”

Nicole waited with a baited breath.

“I didn’t know what it was but after that explosion. They unloaded just about everything they had. Pure chaos, after that I saw the maxtac rolling in. Floor by floor I would hear gun shots, sometimes a scav would fall from the building and hit the pavement with splat. After it was over I came to loot the corpses, not a single person was left alive.”

“And then?”

“That was it. They rolled in, killed everyone, I got some eddies, and left.”

Nicole left a stack of eddies and you take it with glee. She sipped on her Blue Fairy which became her usual. You hoped that noy many people watched your story while she streamed, the last thing you needed was more idiots coming to Night City for more thrills.

“So I gotta ask, why were you there? Isn’t there a better place to live?”

“Of course there is. But when you are twelve years old with nothing but the clothes on his back and with no real way to earn money you get desperate. That and there were plenty of abandoned house projects to sleep in, and I could get food from whatever the scavs leave over.”

“Wasn’t it scary?”
>>
>>4983353
>I had to do what was necessary to survive. [+4 Guts]
>Of course it was, this city is a shit hole where the corpos just about stomps on everyone… look around the city without your bodyguard then you’ll understand. [Cynicism +4]
>That’s what it’s like living in Night City. It’s a shithole for the rest of us.There are people worse off than I am really... [+3 Empathy]
>>
I didn't want to say but I have to. Don't be afraid of taking risks guys! Playing smart is fine but sometimes you need to take a risk once in a while. I do appreciate you guys thinking in this qst but sometimes you need to take risks!
>>
>>4983358
>>
>>4983358
>If you ever end up like I did, you'll have to make the tough decisions too. And I don't mean what to wear for the day.
>>
>>4982826
>Kek, I'm glad you like the art.
Looks nice as a character to chat with or have a fling with, I like that.
>>
>>4983358
>>I had to do what was necessary to survive. [+4 Guts]
"i had no one else to rely on"
>>
>>4983358
Mission accomplished, Edsu obtained.
>>
“I had to do what was necessary to survive. I’m just one of many that tries to live day by day.”

“That sounds like hell.”

Your shrug.
“You get used to it.”

“Thank you for the story, N.” Nicole said sincerely. “Huh, my name is Nicole and your name is N. It matches, doesn't it?”

“I guess so.”

She giggled again.
“We’ll see each other soon, N. Maybe even more in the future.”

“You’d be crazy to visit the streets you know. It’s not some mystical place.”

“I didn’t say we’ll meet in the streets.” Nicole said. “I don’t think you realize more about yourself than you do.”

“What do you mean?”

“Now where’s the fun in telling you that?” Nicole said mischievously. “I’ll see you soon, N.”

What a weird customer…

Next morning you wake up as usual, with a water bottle in your hand and half asleep. Apparently there would be another plan against the Tyger Claws soon. The eddies, a place to eat and sleep was a haven. But was messing with a tiger truly worth it? You brushed with death more times you can count… not to mention incurring the wrath of two of the most brutal gangs in Night City. With enough eddies you have you could simply leave right now and go off on your own. Whatever the plan was, you were sure it was about striking down Ippai Dakka, she’s been on a warpath finding the Maelstrom that was responsible.

Taking her out while she’s intoxicated by her rage would make her an easy target. The question was, were you willing to risk it? The Mox have reason, so do River, but you? You didn’t have much of a grudge at all. You just wanted to live comfortably, was this the comfort you wanted?

>Just leave right now, strike off on your own. There are plenty of other street kids River can find. Maybe other bars might be hiring.
>Mateo taught you everything, not to mention the Mox gave you a home. You owe to them to help out one last time. Maybe after that you can decide.
>Write in

Sorry for the short update
>>
>>4984449
>>Mateo taught you everything, not to mention the Mox gave you a home. You owe to them to help out one last time. Maybe after that you can decide.
Besides, too many plot points here we can't leave hanging. Also, good recommendation from Mateo or the Mox could be our ticket off the streets.
>>
>>4984449
>Mateo taught you everything, not to mention the Mox gave you a home. You owe to them to help out one last time. Maybe after that you can decide.
>>
>>4984449
>“I didn’t say we’ll meet in the streets.” Nicole said. “I said we'll meet in the sheets.”
>“What do you mean?”
>"You know exactly what I mean." Nicole said mischievously. “I’ll see you soon, N.”
Damn, I can't believe that just happened bros...

vote is
The Mox aren't that bad so far, and the job is comfy and full of cute girls. Beats being a rat out there, doesn't it?
>>
>>4984449
Mateo taught you everything, not to mention the Mox gave you a home. You owe to them to help out one last time. Maybe after that you can decide.
>>
>>4984449

>>4984540
what
>>
>>4984604
I'm joking, retard. Lighten up.
>>
>>4984606
>>I'm joking, retard. Lighten up.
Whatever, faggot.
>>
>>4984626
Okay, cuckold.
>>
“Good, you’re here.”

River, Judy and the other Mox were already in the room ready for action. You sit in the corner of the table and wait for River’s instruction. Only this time there were much more people, not dressed like The Mox but in tactical gear you’d see from NCPD. They were River’s team, armed to the teeth with weapons that the maxtac would use.

“Dakka and her Tyger Claws are on a full scale war against the Maelstroms now. But there isn’t much news where Dakka is.”

“N, you know Japantownn. I want you to investigate Dakka’s personal life.The Cloud is a popular place, and there are plenty of brothels.” There must be something that leaked in the streets.”

“Well she’s pretty influential in her area. She's in charge so there should be something. Are you going to black mail her then fish her in?”

“That’s the plan so far. I doubt she’s going to come alone, even if we tell her to.” River said.”There’s going to be a heavier fire fight, that’s why my team is here. Do you know anyone in Japantown that’ll give you the details.”

Your shrug.
“There should be plenty, I’ve been around that part before too when I used to deliver drugs and beg for the begging pool for Rat.”

“You think they’re still around?” River said unfazed.

“If they’re not dead by OD’ing sure. I can start with…

>Bunny, the girl you met in one of the shadier brothels, she helped you hide from the NCPD after you stole their food. Since then, you’ve been friends.
>Satou, a street rat like you. But smarter. He always knew how to get out of sticky situations.
>Buki, a bully to a thug but a druggie as well, he’ll be easy to get info from. Not to mention you have a gun this time and training.
>>
>>4984723
>Satou, a street rat like you. But smarter. He always knew how to get out of sticky situations.
>>
>>4984723
>>
>>4984723
>Bunny, the girl you met in one of the shadier brothels, she helped you hide from the NCPD after you stole their food. Since then, you’ve been friends.
>>
>>4984723
inb4 he figures out that we're picked up by another group
>>
I need to help out my relative move out and I need to pack up for my college dorm, there might not be an update or very late. Sorry about that. Happy labor days.
>>
>>4985468
Take your time, NCQM.
>>
File: divinationscreen.jpg (697 KB, 1920x1080)
697 KB
697 KB .jpg
Satou, a street rat like you. But smarter. He always knew how to get out of sticky situations. The last you heard it was still in Japantown doing whatever odd jobs that were available. You were given a ride in Japantown, and this time (despite lacking a leg) felt safer than before. River would have given you one if not for some Tyger Claws already knowing who he was. Back when you used to live in Japantown there were plenty of secret passageways for the street rats.

The inner workings of ratways were always dim, dour, not to mention seeing a fresh corpse was per the usual in Night City. With a peg leg and street clothes that matched what other street rats wore, you managed to pass off easily. Not to mention some of the older street rats knew who you were. Thanks to your understanding of Japanese, it made it easier for you to travel around. Tucked in the corners of the alleys other street rats like yourself scurried, holding whatever drugs, stolen goods, or whatever they managed to steal into their respective “gangs”.

“N, what are you doing here?” One of the street rats asked.

“I’m looking for Satou. Have you seen him?”

“That’s gonna cost you, he’s been gone for a while. I need something to jog my me-”

“Oh spare me the bullshit you give yo dumbasses”

You hand some eddies to the street rats, more than what they would expect.

“Satou, where is he?”

“He’s not around here anymore. You know how smart he always is. Surprisingly enough, he got a job working for a fortune teller.”

“Wha… a fortune teller? I thought he’d be working with I odn’t know… engineers or something. He’s not the type to believe in that kind of stuff.”
The street rat shrugged.
“That’s what I thought. No street rats are superstu… superstipen… uh… what was the word?”

“Superstitious?”

“Yeah that. After all, us street rats don’t have time to believe in fake hopes like that.”

“Yeah…”

The store was small, shoved into the quiet corner of Japantown. It was rather surprising that such a store exist, especially one with wood as part of the building… well a shack described it much better. It was questioning when you realized a store as this excited in the first place. Even the door wasn’t automatic, you had to slide open the door.

Inside, talismans were hung, candles were just about the only thing that lit the store with soft amber lights. At the counter a black cat intently stared at you, it licked its paw then pressed an old bell. The chime echoed, and a middle aged woman came out.

“Welcome, are you here to have your fortunes read?”

“I’m looking for Satou, I heard he works around here.”

“Are you a friend of his.”

“Something like that, more like uh… colleagues?”
>>
>>4987173
“Well he’s out on an errand so you can wait here. I’m Unmei.” Unmei grinned looking at you. “There’s something about you… how about I read your fortune? Free of charge.”

“Well I don’t see much harm in that… I’m N by the way.”

Not to mention it’ll kill time. Past the counter was a tatami mat room, you sat on the floor across from Unmei separated by a table. She lit some incense and examined your hand, among other acts that seemed odd to you.

“So tell me, N. Has there anything that’s been off about you, maybe something others can’t relate?”

“Wel…”

>Sometimes I’m able to convince people easily when I should’ve been dead or denied.
>I had to always suppress my curiosity. I always had to understand everything.
>I could remember things easily, even though I started working in a bar I managed to catch up quickly with other experienced bartenders.
>>
>>4987176
>I could remember things easily, even though I started working in a bar I managed to catch up quickly with other experienced bartenders.
>>
>>4987176
>I had to always suppress my curiosity. I always had to understand everything.
>>
>>4987176
>>
>>4987176
That's not to say that's always a good thing, however...
>>
“I could remember things easily, even though I started working in a bar I managed to catch up quickly with other experienced bartenders.”

Unmei nodded with a hum as she strokes your hand. You weren’t going to lie, it felt really good when she touched your hand. The last attention from a girl was from that weird corpo woman back in the Tyger Claw gym. You’re going to say it, it felt good to get attention from a woman, a woman that wasn’t made enough to go to the Night City street on purpose or some cold blooded corpo. It was then you realized a peck of a needle on your finger, she squeezed your finger after. Nothing large but enough to get one good drop.

“Ow… what was that for?”

“If my guesses are correct, you’re a plutocrat. A product of genetic alteration, with minimal but highly sophisticated cybernetics. The Internal organs that is.”

“What even is a plutocrat?”

“You know, the corpos in the top of the food chain. They make their children to be the perfect heir like they were and their fathers before them. You’re one of them.”

You scoff.
“Yeah and how come I’m in the streets?”

She shrugged.
“I dunno. But you did get some odd attention right?”

“Well now that you said it, there was one corpo chick and one corpo guy.”

“How did he look like?”

“Hair bun, beard, and white hair on the lower part of the hair while the rest was black. With a hint of grey. I met him a couple days ago. He asked for water and gave me a fat stack of tips. Hell, his voice was too sober and downright depressing to belong in a bar.”

Unmei pulled a holo-pic of a man that you just described.

“Something like this?”

“Yeah, that’s exactly him. Who is he?”

“Who is he, he said.” Unmei said with a laugh. “That’s Goro Takemura, the bodyguard for the late Saburo Arasaka. Now the bodyguard for Yorinobu Arasaka.”

You pinch the bridge of your nose.
“Why on hell would the bodyguard for the Yorinobu Arasaka visit me?”

“A mystery for the day I suppose. Maybe you’re related to him.”

“As if.”

Eventually you and Satou meet up, catching up on old times and finally getting down to nitty gritty. Dakka was known to hang around in.

>The Cloud, a brothel or better known as a “Dollhouse” A place full of sexual deviancy that would make a whore blush in shame.
>Japantown’s weapon store, catered to the Tyger Claws
>The dojo you visited before, she likes to “train” the newbies, by that beating the shit out of them to the nearest inch of their lives.
>>
>>4988329
>The dojo you visited before, she likes to “train” the newbies, by that beating the shit out of them to the nearest inch of their lives.
>>
>>4988329
>>
>>4988329
>>
>>4988329
N isn't reacting or taking this reveal of him being a plutocrat with potentially augmented insides and other alterations as much as I would have expected him to. Why is that?
>>
A plutocrat child, what a fucking joke, not even a funny one either. You heard of bullshit before but this, this was some grade A bullshit. You flick off the cigarette and walk out of the fortune teller’s store after giving Satou a quick goodbye. Though you couldn’t help but to wonder, what IF it’s true? What if Unmei wasn’t lying and you really were a plutocrat. That begged the question why did you and mom move to Night City of all places? Whatever the case, you weren’t an idiot and you wouldn’t believe in something so stupid.

You rent out a rundown hotel not too far from the dojo, it actually had a window for you to even watch their activities. Beside the cockroaches, the weird sounds room next door, and the smell of faint piss wasn’t half bad. The room at least had a bed and some sheets (which you probably won't use). For the past three days, you watch Dakka entering the dojo 2pm to 6pm, taking a ride with her motorcycle along with other escorts. You weren’t brave enough to follow her and her bloodthirsty dogs. As River instructed, a week was mandatory in learning someone’s pattern, but by this rate you could already tell how she moved. You let out a yawn, with a bottle of water in your hand you watch Dakka get out of the dojo coveted in some splatter of blood, no doubt from “training”.

“Goddamn she’s a nasty one…”

You sip the bottle with an idle thought, and Unmei’s words kept jabbing at your thoughts. Honestly, having good memories didn’t mean dick for being a plutocrat. You hear they could jump high, smash walls, and even have laser eyes. Then again who knows, if you focus hard enough maybe you would have hidden laser eyes somewhere. Now that’d be neat.

“Hold on…”
>>
File: room.jpg (141 KB, 1280x533)
141 KB
141 KB .jpg
>>4989266
It was Dakka, then her subordinates, then some fancy car pulled up. The subordinates did some really deep bow as she got into the car. It was a glimpse but you saw an old man greeting her outside the car as well. You call up River. Unlike most people, you had to use an old relic known as a phone, since you didn’t have some fancy augments to call using your cyberbrain. It was the same phone that River gave to you when you two first met.

“Hey River… it looks like Dakka is going somewhere, without her usual lackeys.”

“Where does it look like she’s heading?”

“North of Japantown, where that statue is, not to mention some old guy greeted her. There’s a lot of escorts, like rows of those fancy cars.”

“Don’t worry about it. Did he happen to have some top knot wearing some weird robe clothes?” River asked without a hint of worry.

You could hear Kaine in the back.
“I never got to fire a rocket launcher before, FUCK YEAH!”

“Yeah, should I be worried?”

“It means this is the perfect opportunity.”

“Have fun…”

“Hey, N. Thanks for helping me, if it weren’t for you I wouldn’t have gotten this far.” River said. “Stay in the hotel and I’ll come pick you up.”

You push down the worry, the thought that they’re taking too much too much to handle. At a time like this, all you needed was to wait. And waiting made you hungry. But being in enemy territory meant sacrificing some luxuries, you had worse before so honestly this wasn’t that bad. The door suddenly opened, yet no one was behind the door. You pull out your revolver and slowly move towards the door.

Suddenly, some invisible force grabbed your arm and swatted away the revolver with quick precision. You struggled hard as you could, headbutting and kicking your legs, especially with your peg legs. Then, there was a pressurized hiss, you smelled some kind of chemical gas, whatever it was… next time you opened your eyes you woke up in the most luxurious room you ever laid your eyes on.
>>
>>4989268

>You hear quiet whispers, there was a girl in a kimono with two other maids and some bodyguards.
>It was him, Goro Takemura, sitting beside what was the largest and the softest bed you were ever in.
>No one was inside the room, giving you the full view of the room you were in.
>>
>>4989268

I was hoping the choice would be to stay/ignore River and leave for this exact reason. Fucking hell.
>>
>>4989270
Seek a way out?
>>
>>4989268
>You hear quiet whispers, there was a girl in a kimono with two other maids and some bodyguards.
>>
Rolled 2 (1d3)

>>4989270
1.You
2.It
3.No
>>
File: 90066213-1613584100.png (2987 KB, 1920x1080)
2987 KB
2987 KB .png
No one was inside the room, giving you the full view of the room you were in. And what a room it was. You realize that you were wearing a soft silk robe and a boxer, which felt amazing to your skin. Whatever you’re lying on must be soft as a cloud, the pillow itself also has a nice calming scent. Yes, it was alarming not to have your clothes and have your leg and weapon taken away, but if they wanted you dead, this wouldn’t have happened.

The floor was black in some kind of shiny stone, what was it called… marble! The ceiling had a soft glow of gentle orange light with paper lanterns scattered neatly around the insanely large room. Not to mention the scent, it was mildly sweet with a refreshing feel to it. It truly was a luxurious room, not a single smidgen of dirt or grimes, this was some high end shit… were you dead? You hear the door clack open, and a woman dressed in some black robes (kimono) entered the room. She bowed toward you, bending over her back.

“It is an honor to be in your presence, Reichi Arasaka-sama.”

The very name flicked your alarm system. Reichi, a name that no one but you know, not to mention adding Arasaka at the end. All of it still felt like a dream, you pull your cheek, yet you didn’t wake up. The woman carried a tray of glass water jug and a cup along with a glass plate of sliced apples, she set it aside on the night stand and bowed once more, holding that position she stepped back, straightened her back… just what the fuck was going on?

“I will inform Arasaka-sama that you have woken up, please enjoy the refreshments and the fuji apples, Arasaka-sama had them imported from Tohouku.”

“Ara fucking saka? What kind of fucking joke is this, hey! Where’re you going!”

“I assure you, waka-sama. All your questions will be answered, I humbly beg for your patience.”

“Will you at least tell me where I am?”

“You are in Konpeki Plaza. On the level seventy ninth penthouse. Arasaka-sama is on the eighth level. I’m afraid I can’t answer more than that.”

Konpeki Plaza? Your grit your teeth but at this state, without your guns or some kind of way to defend yourself, it was stupid to do any kind of action. Maybe you can find a way once the woman leaves.

“Fine. But there better be a goddamn fucking answers.”

“Thank you for your patience. Please feel free to order room service as well.”

The woman bowed and quickly left as she came. Which left you alone in the room, without anyone else. The good news was that your peg leg was beside your bed, the bad news was your gun was gone. Then again, you could’ve been chain up. Whatever was going on, you needed to get some kind of situation handled. Now, it was time to get the fuck out of here. This had to be some sick joke from the Tyger Claws, maybe a way to fuck with your mind? Whatever it was, you needed to get out of here.
>>
>>4989765

>Maybe it’s best to wait, just what can you do in this situation?
>You can try the front door… but it can’t be that easy right?
>Call room service, ask for a guy to deliver your food, knock him out, and get out.
>Create a distraction, and in the middle of confusion leave. There’s a small kitchen, maybe you can use that to create a fire. There’s plenty of sheets to burn.
>Write-in

Before you think, no, N is not in the penthouse where Saburo was murdered. I do have a question, what do you guys think of this development? I laid some hints with the corpo woman, and meeting Takemura in the beginning and the dream (which will be elaborated more in the future). Hearing your guys thought would be helpful for me and awesome to hear it out.
>>
>>4989769
>>
>>4989769
>Look around the room to get as much information about surroundings as we can

The whole thing could use more foreshadowing and at least a few more posts after talking to Unmei. Fortune teller lore drop came outta nowhere and was too blunt. Randomly pulling N into Arasaka after just 2 updates felt rushed, making the whole thing seem like you just came up with this cool origin idea and wanted to execute it asap.
You need to build up towards new things, otherwise they will be meaningless to the players and make story feel chaotic. Sorry for being harsh, QM. It's still a great quest!
>>
>>4989811
Oh no I completely understand, don’t be sorry kek, I appreciate the feedback much more because it was honest. Thank you for the feedback. I’ll definitely take that into account.
>>
>>4989765
>>4989811
Supporting
>>
>>4989934
Nice. I just felt a little self-conscious giving advice since I never ran a quest, just played stuff and observed QMs in their natural habitat. May I ask if there's any specific reason for you presenting story-defining moments as choices? (Like choosing who N happened to see at the bar)
>>
(Waka-sama)
若様
Meaning: Young master, son of a high ranking person.

You had no guns, no armor, a peg leg, jug of water, and a plate of apples. Even if you tried to escape, Konpeki Plaza was known for its security provided by Arasaka themselves. So you waited. You pour yourself a glass of water, which you might say, the cleanest water you ever drank. It was cool and refreshing, no taste of metal or some odd bitter flavor that all water had. Not to mention the apple, they were real, honest to god grown apples. The last time you had such an apple was… with your mom.

The door opened once again. Goro Takemura, the corpo man you met when you worked in the bar. He bowed then approached your bed. As expected he was dressed in sleek white suit, with black symbol of the Arasaka. You were beginning to feel sick of the damn thing. Behind him were more men with a stone brick face… man can’t they just lighten up or something?

“I am elated to see you awake, Waka-sama. I am Goro Takemura, bodyguard for your grandfather, Yorinobu Arasaka.”

“... Say that again for me. I think I heard it wrong.”

“Your grandfather, Yorinobu Arasaka-sama. Your mother was Kotomi Arasaka. I understand accepting those as a fact is difficult, but you are the lost grandson of Yorinobu Arasaka.”

“If this is true, how can you prove it?”

“I’m certain you remember when you were a child, living by the seaside that was barely polluted on the shores of Osaka. It was due to your grandfather's help that you were able to live in a life of luxury. Your mother believed that a life of an heir would be fraught with danger, which is why she took you to Night City, back when the grip on the company was weakened.”

“And fat good that did…” You say callously.

You remembered those days, fresh food, and your home had no other building insight. Now that you think about it, having such land would take… millions of eddies. It all made sense. How else did you and mom live in such a place? Takemura handed you a document of a DNA test, and a photo of your mother with you in her arms with a smiling and younger Yorinobu Arasaka.
>>
>>4990456
“Then when we saw each other, how come you didn’t bring me then?”

“Arasaka-sama didn’t want to cause a scene, there are steps for such things. When you were spotted in the hotel observing Ippai Dakka, that was the perfect moment.”

“What happens to the Mox and everyone I know?”

“If they were smart, they would have waited for another chance after seeing the APC that accompanied the car. I’m certain they are looking for you now. But eventually, they will move on.”

He wasn’t wrong, that’s what Night City life is like. They would assume you were kidnapped by a Tyger Claw and promptly killed, maybe it was better that way.

“And if I say no? To all of this?”

Takemura’s somber silence tensed the air. The glare you meet with your eyes made you flinch inwardly.

“I will order my men to annihilate the Mox, and everyone you know. Ask yourself this, do you truly want to return to the streets?”

You clench on the soft blankets, a life of luxury or a life in the streets? The answer was obvious. But… a life in the intricate web of corpo life was one with invisible dangers all around. You’d be a caged bird, a thing to show off to others. Just imagine the world discovering there was a grandson of Yorinobu Arasaka…

“No… I wouldn’t. But I don’t have a choice do I?”

“Forgive me for saying this, waka-sama. It may seem like prison, but this is for the best. For you, your grandfather, and the Arasaka legacy. You do not realize how much elation he felt when he heard that his grandson was finally brought home. He expresses his regret on not being able to come see you, as he has businesses in Tokyo. There are many things to take care of before your arrival to Tokyo.”

“I’m sorry, Tokyo?”

“That is where you will be going. This filth ridden city is no place for you.” Takemura said matter of factly. “If you will, waka-sama. Let us get you dressed. Unless you have any more questions.”

>Did you know my mother?
>What is my grandfather like?
>What are the things that needed to be prepared?
>Write-in
>>
>>4990025
I have no idea what you mean by "presenting story-defining moments as choices" since that is what a qst bascally is. But as for N and his time as a bartender I did it to give the bartender experience a more flavor. Since talking back and forth on the board is going to make it difficult and clog up the qst I'll leave the discord https://discord.gg/ApWmEwmR ask all you want there!
>>
>>4990457

Really curious as to the path V chose in this universe, Goro is alive but works for Arasaka despite Yorinobu being alive. Seeing as Goro specifically called him Yorinobu rather than calling him Saburo, that means that Saburo never went the route of bodyjacking his son at all. So Saburo is either alive, out of the picture, or "alive" in the form of a memory engram.
>>
>>4990531
I don't want to spoil anything, but, remember that in the intricate and deceptive life of corpo not all is seen as what it is to the naked eyes. Not to mention V's life path and his ending was shown on

>>4968188
"Her friend committed suicide last year.”
>>
>>4990556
Huh, I just glazed over that thinking that it was some form of closure due to not knowing what happened, but it looks like V just chose the worst ending oof. That means that Arasaka is likely at war with itself as every relevant member is likely still around.
>>
>>4990457
>Ask if we could get hooked up with a cyber leg before we leave

>>4990650
Arasaka one was the worst.
>>
>>4990457
>Ask if we could get hooked up with a cyber leg before we leave
Keep the peg leg as a memento or surprise weapon
>>
>>4990745
I dunno man, even though the Arasaka one didn't work out, just giving up with the suicide ending seems far more depressing to me. V kept on trying till the end in all other options rather than just giving up.
>>
Actually hold on, perhaps V went for the storm Mikoshi alone option but died in the attempt. IIRC that ending has all characters react as if you took the suicide ending in the event that you die at any point in the attempt.
>>
Sorry for the late post

“What are things that need to be prepared?”

“Many deals. Your clothes, hair, a course on Japanese basic understandings of politics, economics, etiquette, history, swordsma-”

“Forget I asked.” You quickly cut him off, afraid that you’ll be here all night. “Can I at least get a new leg?”

“Once we reach Tokyo, for now you will be riding in a wheelchair.”

“What happened to my peg leg?”

“Disposed of, as it should have been.”

“My gun was in there.”

“That was also disposed of. There will be bodyguards around, rest assured waka-sama, we will protect you with our lives. It would bring a wrong message if the heir would carry a gun for his own safety.”

“That’s how it normally is!”

“Yes, but you are Reiichi Arasaka, the heir of Arasaka empire and the grandson of Yorinobu Arasaka and great-grandson of Saburo Arasaka. You are not an ordinary person.”

“Are you-” You sigh, there was no point in arguing. “Fine. Whatever. But this conversation isn’t over.”

“Thank you for your understanding.” Takemura said with a bow.

You glance at the guards, each of them looked like they had a fixed face of continuing glower and the typical “bouncer” look. More women in kimono entered, which were probably maids or servants. Two of them pushed some kind of large capsule shaped container… thing, while another carried a dressing screen. The light reflected on the black chrome container, shining brighter than the shiniest chrome in Night City. The capsule opened with a pressurized sharp hiss. A rush of cool air escape through as the capsule opened, with an odd clean smell.

“Woah…”

Inside the capsule was a clean three piece suit, a tie, clip on, cuff rings, and a necklace with a black bar as its piece. It was quite heavy for just a necklace piece. Honestly, all of this was still unbelievable.

“Will you be needing assistance in changing?”

“No, I’ll be fine. I didn’t lose my leg yesterday, you know.”

Takemura motioned and the girl placed the dressing screen between you and Takemura. The robe was easy to slip off of and the clothes were easy to wear, it was like wearing the fancy suits back when you worked in Lizzie’s Bar, though you usually had two buttons undone with the shirt untucked. But you’ve seen enough people wearing the suits to imitate it.

The suit felt so… restrictive, you barely move in them.

>So… what’s Tokyo like?
>Tell me about yourself, it looks like you’re the top dog around here.
>Is there any other “family” members I should know about?
>Write-in
>>
>>4991796
>Tell me about yourself, it looks like you’re the top dog around here.
>Why wheelchair instead of installing a basic cybernetic? Are you trying to make me look like an idiot?
>>
>>4991844
+1, I was tempted to go "drop the last part" but on second thought I'd rather keep it because it fits N in-character
>>
>>4991953
I didn't mean to go full corpo there, btw. Just won't hurt to try and use our position to get a cybernetic now and not be 100% on their mercy.
>>
As you changed into the silky suits, you did have to wonder. Takemura seemed to be the top dog around here, as everyone waited for his movements and followed his lead. The suit was smooth against your skin, the cold metal made you shiver slightly but settled, though the necklace itself felt odd around your neck. It didn’t look stylish, but then again fashion was a foreign concept to just about any street rats.

“Please excuse me.”

One of the servants walked up, bowed, then out stretched her hand toward your throat. You took a step back.

“What are you doing?”

“My sincere apologies, waka-sama. Your buttons are undone.”

“I left it there for a reason.”

“As you wish, waka-sama.”

“Now about that wheelchair…”

The wheelchair wasn’t like the ones you’d see in the streets. It had a sleek design and some user interface on one of the handles. Not to mention the seat itself looked like a fancy cushion. What would’ve been infinitely better is having a leg.

“I know there are advanced prosthetics that I can put on right now, why aren’t you giving me that?”

“You have gone through many ordeals, it is only right for you to rest. I was ordered by Arasaka-sama to escort you in a wheelchair, to ensure you do not overexert yourself.”

“You mean I won’t do anything like escaping or do something stupid.”

Takemura answered with silence while you kept an annoyed glare.

“Please take a seat in the wheelchair, waka-sama.”

>“Fine. It’s until I go to Tokyo right?”
>Refuse [Initiate Social Combat, roll a d20, you may use 6 Hope points to win instantly or 4 Guts point as a modifier to d20]
I got rid of the other two since I didn’t plan well
>>
Rolled 19 (1d20)

>>4992398
>Refuse [Initiate Social Combat, roll a d20, you may use 6 Hope points to win instantly or 4 Guts point as a modifier to d20]

I want to at least make the attempt
>>
>>4992426
That's the ticket, choom
>>
>>4992426
Good roll, but I'll wait for more votes to come in incase people has different ideas or want to choose a different option.
>>
>>4992398

>>4992515
How do we do rollan, QM? First roll or the best of? Rolling before or after the voting is finished?
>>
>>4992539
The best of, but if there are votes that outvotes >“Fine. It’s until I go to Tokyo right?” then I don't really have a choice but to go use that choice. In the future, if the best of roll has a low number I'll give the option to use either Hope, Cynicism or Guts. Next time however I'll only allow 3 rolls. Since it looks like social combat is bein voted the most I'll call it in now.
>>
Rolled 1 (1d20)

Rolling for Takemura
>>
>>4992586
aha holy shit
>>
File: 1631393232036.jpg (43 KB, 458x288)
43 KB
43 KB .jpg
>>4992586
>>
“No.”

“Please try to understand, this is an order from-”

“My grandpa… just get me a fucking crutch or some basic prosthetics. I refuse to be in a wheelchair, I don’t plan to run away and be defenseless. We’re on a schedule right? I got nothing to lose but you do.”

Takemura huffed slowly, he made several orders with one of them ordering a prosthetic leg. It only took a few minutes for another servant to arrive with a chrome prosthetic, the kind that moves and acts like a realy leg based on reading the movement of the other leg. Before other servants could move in you stop them and put it on yourself. You hopped off your bed. For a non-cyberware prosthetic leg it felt only slightly clunky. Certainly a step up from a pegleg.

“That’s better.”

“Waka-sama, forgive my impudence. I would advise you to not go against the wishes of Arasaka-sama. Even something as small as this might have a consequence.”

“Against what?”

“Your future, I will warn you only now, there will be more restrictions should you be more disobedient.” Takemura said. “Please try to understand.”

“Yeah yeah…”

Another thing you had to get used to was your position. Four bodyguards formed a square with you inside and Takemura at the center. Another consideration was that for now, you were just a high ranking corpo that came to speak of Night City’s condition with Takemura. Not to mention Takemura also carried some kind of “jammer” that will make your face look different from others.

“So what now?”

Takemura nodded.
“For now, you will switch floors, and I will expunge your trace of staying in this hotel among other things. It will only take a few days.”

“I thought you said there’s many things to prepare.”

“On my end, yes. All you need to do is wait.”

“And I can’t go anywhere else?”

“For your own safety, while you are there you will meet your governess as well.”

“My what?”

“Think of it as your manager, she will see what adjustments are needed to be done as well as what you should focus on in your growth as a plutocrat.”

“I wasn’t really told what that is exactly…”

“You will all know soon.”

Takemura followed you to the 75th floor then left, a smaller but still a fancy penthouse. You didn’t know why you had to switch floors but it wasn’t your place to ask. Now, you were left all alone in the vast space of lathered luxury…

>Turn on the tv
>Maybe order room service? (write-in)
>Try to talk to one of the bodyguards or an attendant (roll d4)
>Write-in
>>
>>4992696
>Turn on the tv

Maybe there's some news regarding what went down with everyone else
>>
>>4992696
>Turn on the tv
Cyberpunk TV, fuck yeah. Wonder if we can hear about what happened after we went missing.

>“Even something as small as this might have a consequence.”
>“I will warn you only now, there will be more restrictions should you be more disobedient.”
Well, we just wanted the leg. If Takemura is serious about this being an issue, then our future at Arasaka will be tough... except it's still LEAGUES better than all the hellish shit that we went through, so who the fuck cares!
>>
I still want to know what happened to the mc's mother
>>
>>4992696
>Turn on the tv
I hope in the future, if we ARE going to stay corpo route forever, we can be a based corpo and return the favor and kindness that River and the Mox have done for us.
>>
Is that a remote? Now how did you do it again… ah there we go. You press the red button and the wide screen blazed up in brilliant lights. You take a seat on what was the softest couch you have ever sat on in your entire life. One of the servants set a glass of water and another plate of apples.

“Uh… thanks.”

The servants only bowed and went back to her previous spot. It looked like making small talk with them didn’t seem like an option to waste time. The first screen you saw was Karey Eurodine singing along with Us Cracks. Then the rumor that the man was in a severely depressed, saying that unconfirmed sources said he tried to commit suicide yet again. You switched the channel several times going over some entertainment channels.

“HELLO NIGHTY CITY STAN THE MAN HERE-”

Ugh, that guy always liked to listen to himself talk. Then again it’s better than listening to some corpo news that does nothing but praise Arasaka or whatever corpo was backing them… After that very thought the irony does not go unmissed. Before the channel was about to change the scene of Lizzie’s Bar was shown… surprisingly intact.

“The latest detes on Nighty City. It looks like the Tyger Claw are clawing away at the Maelstroms of all gangs! The streets of Watson running with red red red!” Stan the Man laughed. “Even though it looked like it was over… now the ANIMALS WOO WOO WOO! Have seem to pick a fight with the Tyger Claws of all gangs! Just what is going on Night City? I don’t know, but I sure as hell don’t want to be in the middle of it!”
>>
>>4992953

Relief settled into your heart, for one having the Maelstroms practically wiped out was good, but it looked like River wasn’t done playing his game of his… You change the channel once more for some other entertainment. You were sure he had it covered, one day you'll see him again. One day...

“PON PON SHIT PON PON SHIT PON PON SHIT!”

Oh right, they were Us Cracks, you heard that they were in Night City for a little while doing some work with Karey Eurodine, now they’re back in Japan for some reason working on a new album while doing some tours in Japan. You changed the channel once more to the entertainment news channel. A woman in chrome skin was excitedly speaking with the picture of Konpeki Plaza in the background.

“And in the latest juicy detestiest gossip, a new guest arrived in Konpeki Plaza in the 79th penthouse floor, a penthouse once used by none other than Yorinobu Arasaka during his youth! The security seemed tighter than ever as the Konpeki Plaza just announced they will receive guest who has made a reservation in advance! With all these hubbub… who could this new guest be?”

You’d be surprised if not for the fact that news travel fast in Night City. If someone sneezed the whole block would know about it in a minute.

“Waka-sama, your governess Elizabeth Hawthorne is here to see you, will you let her in.”

“Yeah, send her in.”

The woman entered had bright blonde hair that freely flowed past her shoulders. The eyes of hers were sharp, and even the way she walked exuded honed discipline. The kind that you didn’t know how to deal with. She held an icy visage that would fit any aspiring corpos.

“Good afternoon, Reiichi Arasaka-sama.” She bowed curtly. “I am Elizabeth Hawthorne, your governess. It is an honor to be the governess to the heir of Arasaka.”

“Oh uh, yeah. Nice to meet you too.”

She nodded then wrote something in her notepad.

“This will be our first time meeting, so it will be brief. Once we meet in Tokyo we will discuss your classes you will take. For now, I wish to talk with you.”

You and Elizabeth walk over toward the dining area, the servants waste no time setting up glass of water, they waited beside the table like statues.

“I see that you were watching television. Do you like them?”

“I never had a TV before, so I was curious about it.”

Elizabeth wrote more into the notepad.

“I see. How much technology do you understand?”

“Not much…”

“That will be fine, I will assign a tutor for that.” Elizabeth said. “Tell me about yourself, Reiichi-sama.”

“About myself? Why?”

“I am your governess, your growth into a young adult was entrusted to me by Arasaka-sama. It is imperative that I know everything about you.” Elizabeth paused for a moment. “If this is a difficult question, what was your life like in Night City?”
>>
CHOOSE WISELY

>An absolute shithole, I had to scrounge around just to survive and avoid anything that looked even remotely dangerous to survive. I had to be resourceful and quick on my feet since I always had nothing yet everything to lose.
>It could be worse, I did whatever it took to survive, even if it meant killing a person or leaving someone to die. Having sympathy or mercy would get you killed in the streets. I guess I can hold on my own if I really need to but it’s not about winning the fight, but having enough numbers and enough guns on your side.
>I had to cling on to others to survive, so I learned to read people’s personality and stuff so I know what not to say in front of them. Being a bartender made me more skilled in that.
>I had to be smart about everything I do, a single mistake would get me killed so I did what I could. I used to sell scraps when I used to live in the junkyard in Santo Domingo. I don’t know much about current tech but I think I can understand it quickly.
>>
>>4992960
>I had to be smart about everything I do, a single mistake would get me killed so I did what I could. I used to sell scraps when I used to live in the junkyard in Santo Domingo. I don’t know much about current tech but I think I can understand it quickly.
>>
>>4992960
Probably the safest option and it aligns with our genetic alteration. I'd go for guns, but that could lead to problematic results.
>>
>>4992960
Ties in with our oil fire plan earlier in the quest, as well as other happy accidents like the big iron car accident pileup
>>
>>4993483
Lmao yeah tell her how we wiped the street with Maelstrom party van and several other cars in a traffic accident we started with a gun without actually firing it.
"I don't know much about the current guns but I think I can understand them quickly".
This is not a vote.
>>
“I think I was about seven or eight, but before I did drug running I used to live nearby the junkyard in Santo Domingo, near the Arasaka factories. I had to figure out what sold well and what didn’t. Eventually I did some little tinkering on my own, 2000 and 2050 stuff. I’m not sure about the current tech but I think I got it running down with the detes.”

“I see.”

You went on to speak with Elizabeth and explained more about Night City, she certainly was a curious one. She’d ask about the food, places you lived, gangs, the usual hazards, and even the type of clothes you’d wear. It took an hour or two before she would be satisfied. She’d listen and take some notes and ask more questions, she didn’t seem like a bad person but she always held an indifferent gaze towards you.

“Are you interested in technology? While you do have classes there are few spaces for some extracurricular activities you can take.”

“I am, you mean I get to learn about tech?”

“Of course, the latest and the highest grade materials will be at your disposal to study with your tutor.”

“Like netrunning?” You said excitedly. “I don’t even have a jack-in like the rest. I can get one right?”

“Absolutely not. You are far too important for such dangerous activities. You can however study AIs, droids, drones, and other robotics as well as cyberware should you wish. Along with manufacturing machines of all Arasaka industries.”

She placed the tablet on to the table and many models of robots were shown. Small to large, delivery machines to military tanks and planes, then manufacturing plants from entertainment to production. Netrunning sounded better, but that meant getting a jack and that would be difficult to hide.

“That looks… fun.”

“I will place this as your temporary extracurricular activities, you can switch it should you find other activities interests you. It is fortunate if you continue this interest.” Elizabeth said. “Your grand-aunt, Hanako-sama is also in the field of technology like you. I suspect she will also be excited to meet you.”

“Elizabeth-san.”
>>
>>4993574
“Takemura-san, it’s been a long time since we spoke. We will discuss further once we arrive to Tokyo, until then I bid you farewell.”

Elizabeth left the room as Takemura gave a curt nod. The servants owned the door for Elizabeth.

“Done with whatever you had to take care of?”

“Yes, it will soon be all over.” Takemura said somberly, the guy needs to lighten up…

“Well, good luck with that. So how long will the bodyguards be around me? I’m not fond of being watched twenty four seven.”

“After the dinner has been tested for poison, then you will have your free time. I understand this seems stifling but it is all for your best.”

“Yeah yeah, I’m already getting sick of hearing that.” You say with a sigh.

After dinner arrived, which was probably the most real and delicious food you had in your life, the bodyguards and the servants disappeared. All you needed to do was just holler or use the pad they gave you. So here you were, all alone, in a penthouse that celebrities would only dream of… All of it seemed so sudden, you, the once street rat now the heir of Arasaka? It still felt like a bad trip.

You look outside the window to see Night City in full view. The city skylines sparkled like magnificent jewels in the pure night sky. But you knew that was all a lie. It was a city of death and deception, where one wrong move meant death. A city that adhered to the survival of the fittest more than anything. You saw it all, the violence, betrayals, and the massacres that would be committed just for a small scrap of power.

Somehow, you get the feeling that part of your life won’t change.

End of thread 1
>>
>>4993578
Alright that's end of thread 1!

https://discord.gg/ApWmEwmR
Join me if you have any questions for the qst or just to chill and talk about qst stuff in general. I hope you guys enjoyed the qst so far and look forward to the future adventures. I'll be unable for a but due to college so it'll take a while to make the next thread. Until the next thread I'll see you guys later!
>>
>>4993582
Ah damn. Good luch with college QM! Be sure to drop an announcement in QTG when you return.
>>
*luck
>>
>>4993582
Good luck getting all set up, man. Thanks for running!