[3 / an / cgl / diy / gd / i / n / out / p / po / qst / s4s / t / trv / vip / vm / vmg / w / wg / wsr / ] [Settings]
Board
Settings Home
/qst/ - Mitsuba Archive

File: OP_post_smiley_face.png (14 KB, 743x608)
14 KB
14 KB .png
Welcome to /qtg/, a place to talk about quests.

>What is a quest?
An interactive story in which the QM writes and provides the readers with options on how to proceed. Dice may or may not be included.

Useful links:
>https://pastebin.com/2T37iDFQ
An old collection of advice and guides. Worth a look for a new QM.

Archive of quest reviews:
>http://pastebin.com/u/QuestReviewsArchive

Archiving guide:
Go to http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/requestqstinterface.html
Fill out the request form to archive a thread.
Threads are also automatically archived by other websites, such as archived.moe.

Formatting guide:
Only the thread's OP can format.
Remove the spaces between the [] brackets and the letters:
Bold: [ b ]text[ /b ]
Italics: [ i ]text /i ]
Red: [ red ]text[ /red ]
Blue: [ blue ]text[ /blue ]
Green: [ green ]text[ /green ]

Discord link:
https://discord.com/invite/XMSwZZPHbU

>QM Question
How much time do you spend writing the OP?

>Player Question
Would you prefer a human or an elf MC?

Previous Thread:
>>4923912
>>
>>4976095
> QM question

I always take more time with the OP than regular updates. Like to have it be three or four full word count posts to start with some substance.

I'm not even close to the wordiest QM for ops though. Make me look amateur.

> Player question
I am really boring with race choices in RPGs so human.
>>
All drawquests are shit. We'll never have art good as Cegremo's again.
>>
>>4976095
>QM QUESTION
I've been pretty wishy-washy about it in the past, but I like to start with a quick rundown on what the quest is about for prospective new readers. After that I usually explain what the current situation is, then link to a few valuable resources like pastebins and imgurs. Used to have the whole inventory in the first or second post, but that ship has long sailed!

>PLAYER QUESTION
Human. Never liked elves.
>>
>>4976095
>GTG

Oh bud.
>>
Hoping to see the promised redux of Fate/Awakening Mirror by Sweets-Loving QM one day.
>>
>>4976095
>>QM Question
>How much time do you spend writing the OP?
However long it takes me to make the shit up.

>Player Question
Would you prefer a human or an elf MC?
Elfs are fucking gay. Fuck you and fuck your shitty OP you absolute nigger
>>
Why not take over a quest as a qm if its abandoned
>>
Why is all the quests in english I don't speak english enough for participation.
>>
>>4976095

The first thread, I spent about 10 to 20 minutes coming up with the concept and wording the OP. Subsequently, I spend about ten minutes, and then copy and paste the updated version of the character's 'statblock' and the archive link and such.

>Would you prefer a human or an elf MC?
Weird question. Depends on the quest. I do like exploring nonstandard or alien psychology sometimes, but this isn't the best medium for it. A lot of players just self-insert, and those who are trying to go for inhumanity often seem to have very different and opposing ideas of what that looks like. Human, I guess?

>>4976188
>Why not take over a quest as a qm if its abandoned
I would rather start my own version than start on a shaky foundation not of my own creation, personally. If a QM has abandoned a quest, chances are a lot of the original playerbase has fled by the time it is declared dead and I would feel comfortable taking the reins.

>>4976203
>Why is all the quests in english I don't speak english enough for participation.

It's primarily an English-language board. That said, if you want a non-English quest, why not make one in your native tongue, and advertise it around a bit on other sites where people speak your language? I don't think there's a rule against it, and maybe some of those people will make quests of their own in the same tongue.

Also, shilling my quest: >>4965421
>>
>>4976148
fuck off back to the /qtg/ discord circlejerk where you and the others belong, pleb
>>
>>4976230
there are a couple of nice ones currently ongoing. if you actually think Western Quest(ern) sucks it just identifies you as a retard.
>>
>>4976230
Discord shitters love drawquests, retard.
>>
>>4976095

Takes more time to write the recaps, in my opinion. I can easily edit my OP to fit the context of each thread.

Human. Mutated human.
>>
>>4976230
Seething
>>
File: Courier.png (178 KB, 290x421)
178 KB
178 KB .png
Stop making Fallout quests. The whole of human creativity and imagination is at your disposal and you reuse the same damn IP all the time.
>>
>>4976689
It gets players, so QMs will keep making it. Was half tempted to make one myself but realized there's already been 5912958018 of them
>>
I may not use correct words in my phrasing but I wish to see quest about dynamic between ants and anteaters. Like wolf and sheep but on small scale.
>>
>>4976690
Like I get it, people want interest, but it's really low hanging fruit that attracts so many flies. I think a few dedicated participants may be better off than a stampede of randoms jerking off to the Enclave every single thread.

Best one I've seen so far was the postgame New Vegas because the QM had so many balls in the air. Arguably too many, cause I followed it daily and after awhile had no idea what was going on, but he put a lot of good effort in.
>>
>>4976706
I can't really judge since my own quest is based off an IP but I can understand. All I really care about is if a quest is quality.
>>
>>4976708
Not outing using an IP, my last quest before The Curse used one, it was maybe too niche, but something I'd not seen before. Not many players, but the ones that were into it were invested. It made me happy to see them and I didn't want to let them down.

Fallout officially counts as Done to Death and if I see another faggy reddit enclave power armor picture with an eagle and American flag on it and le funny "where is your power armor" reference, I'm sending the poster to the shadow realm.

A Morrowind quest mite b c00l, where the objective is actually just to break the game, just as intended.
>>
>>4976715
I do wish to see more IPs besides Fallout and fucking DBZ. I liked some fallout quests but I swear, one comes onto the catalog every three weeks like mildew in the shower.

Unless it was a Fallout 4 inspired one solely to meme on people. That would be funny.
>>
How would you feel about a Mario themed quest
>>
>>4976720
Fuck it, as long as it's interesting, sure.
>>
I seriously doubt it would ever happen, but a quest using the fucked up continuity of ZeonQuest would be a neat thing to see.
>>
>>4976720
WAHOO
>>
>>4976720
only if its nsfw
>>
>>4976814

Update to my quest. An administrator finally leaves his office to go talk to someone and tries to not cough a lung out while doing so.
>>
>>4976720
Would check it out.

>>4976717
Dragon Ball really has seen a surge lately, huh?
>>
>>4976817
Yeah, it's weird to be honest with you. There's like, what, five on the catalog? One of them is dead for sure but still.
>>
>>4976819
With Tuffle Quest and Vegeta Quest, it seems like they were bith encouraged to come back from hiatus by the surge in interest... But why tge surge to begin with?

Granted, I was even toying with the idea of a Dragon Ball related quest, but that was brought on by some /tg/ threads and banter in the last QTG about Sayain Conqueror Quest. Is that what made everyone start thinking about the franchise again?
>>
>>4976717
Just 3 months ago we had 4-5 ASOIAF quests. Now they're all dead. Things change quickly. Nothing wrong with writing something currently in vogue.
>>
>>4976860
God I miss the asoiaf quests. Both Boggs and Joe disappeared at the start of July, no word from them since.
>>
>>4976861
Several other QMs I've been following for some time also disappeared in the same period. Pain. This summer is cursed.
>>
that's just how quests are. they start fast and die faster.
>>4976095
>time
I haven't run in years but I would spend the same amount of time on the OP as I would on any other post. this is more due to me putting a strict time limit on myself for writing, because otherwise I would spend infinite time reworking and going over the whole thing again, but the most important thing for a quest is to just keep going.
>MC
I prefer alien perspectives, but most elf MCs are just humans with pointy ears and a few quirky traits. just as there are lots of different archetypes of human thought as portrayed in writing, alien thought also has its own archetypes. personally I like the types where the alien has no basis of comparison to common human things and they have their own set of assumptions about the world, usually implicit to their biology. I like elves that aren't just the typical thing, basically. taking on alien views is a good way to look at ourselves
>>
File: 199483.png (105 KB, 256x256)
105 KB
105 KB .png
Write your favorite quest character's name and see what kind of result you get! You can also write descriptions too.

https://artflow.ai/

Here's what I got writing Diego Buenaventura from Fallout Nukaloha Quest
>>
>>4977161
>Due to site traffic, estimated waiting time: 218 minutes
>>
>>4977196
Still faster than most Quest updates my brudda
>>
>>4977208
Touche

Some of the featured ones are really funny though, like the Asian Harry Potter that turned out with mega eyebrows or the High Druid that ended up… high
>>
File: Spoiler Image (1097 KB, 2000x1367)
1097 KB
1097 KB .jpg
You know what the void is calling upon me to do? It wants me to run a Post-Rebuild Eva fic with Alice in Wonderland themes where Shinji (you) can steal, rape and kill whatever you want and feel good about it.

I am unhealthily obsessed with Alice AND Wonderland and I wish I could get it out of my system somehow.
>>
Name one good recent quest
>>
>>4977666
Hfy is fun.

I enjoy the guy who runs conversation based oneshots, but I might be the only one.
>>
>>4977606
I havent watched the last one, but sure.
>>
>>4976095
>Player Question
Human
>>
>>4977666
There's plenty

Right now, i'd say my favorite is gaol. Very charming, and updates pretty much everyday.
>>
>>4977666
How recent we talking?
>>
>>4977802
Something that isn't established, so I guess single digit thread numbers
>>
>>4976095
What would people like out of a Morrowind quest? Got an idea of setting the player up as a cave-dwelling necromancer or Telvanni wizard-lord or the like, don't know if folks would prefer to beat shit up.
>>
File: character screen.jpg (332 KB, 1200x1098)
332 KB
332 KB .jpg
I'm having a lot of fun running this game

>>4950018
>>
File: 1589330248780.jpg (34 KB, 600x662)
34 KB
34 KB .jpg
>guise how do wi ink rease broard activity????
I've seen this question asked a billion times in these threads.
The answer is that we just don't have influence like the other boards.
Honest to god I've almost never seen someone talk about quests or anything on other boards. We're niche.
The most people probably know about quests is "oh they're those things that got punted from /tg/ right?" Or know Ruby from Rubyquest from a bnuyy thread on /v/.
I'm not doomposting here, we definitely could get more traffic if we were more "out there" y'know? Anything helps.
>>
Not to be a bastard but the quest I'm running just updated after a few days away.

Usually I wouldn't let it lie fallow for that long, but I sort of ended up busy out of nowhere.

Just shilling here because I was pretty juiced about running it, and I'd be sad if it died.

>>4967030
>>
>>4977606
>I am unhealthily obsessed with Alice AND Wonderland and I wish I could get it out of my system somehow.
here, have these old as fuck imgur albums
https://imgur.com/a/kezdv
https://imgur.com/a/jJj5c
>>
>>4977666
My Government Issues Small Titty Tomboy GF.
>>
File: Spoiler Image (244 KB, 600x450)
244 KB
244 KB .png
>>4977606
>>
File: 0neyfz5443861.png (160 KB, 410x365)
160 KB
160 KB .png
>>4976791
>>4976720
This, Bowsers Big Castle underscore
>>
>>4977957
I agree, but having been on this board and lurking for a long time, I've come to the conclusion that it'll never happen. Why? Because /qst/ is a contradictory nature. Or rather, it's self-defeating.

/qst/ wants to be more popular. But /qst/ also doesn't really want to advertise themselves or otherwise stand out, and are paradoxically proud of being something of an exclusive club. We'll welcome people who stumble their way in, but we don't want to guide people in because they're scared of what changes the traffic might bring. So the place will remain niche while people lament being niche without actively working to change that, because you can't be niche, safe, and popular.

Contradictory.
>>
>>4978840
I'm a bit of a /qst/ newfag and personally I like the slower nature of the board. It keeps things more serious, I think. I mean if this place was full of some of the other people that inhabit 4chan it'd be nothing but shitpost quests that go nowhere.
>>
File: 233601.png (92 KB, 256x256)
92 KB
92 KB .png
>>4978908
Agreed. Could stand a bit more traffic, but being /tg/-tier popular would mean drawing my quest to a hasty end and then being a player henceforth, i suspect, or at least not running anything this character-focused again.
>>
>>4978908
I've been here since the board was created. Even at the height of activity it wasn't bad. And if some didn't like the pace too fast, then a decent middle ground between how things started and where they are now, would be best.

Because currently, threads taking over a month to drop off the board is deader than myspace.
>>
>>4976689
Yeah just pull the plug on them and force Axsisel to write more Nukaloha.
>>
File: spideyfuck.jpg (11 KB, 236x177)
11 KB
11 KB .jpg
>>4976860
> Nothing wrong with writing something currently in vogue.
>they're all dead
Obviously there is something wrong with it. If you fully commit yourself to working within some fad, where do you go when the copycat army decides that that specific fad is over? You could double down and keep working on what you started, but if you're the kind of faggot that would hop on a bandwagon to begin with then you're more likely to drop your shit and try the same routine with whatever's ""in vogue"" next, leaving a trail of unfinished quest corpses behind you.

Whenever the "it's popular/successful" argument for all these fanfic quests comes up I get my jimmies rustled. If this was literally any other medium on any other website, maybe I could dislike it but understand it, because there were real metrics/money to be earned from doing it. But we're running quests on /qst/ at the slowest point in its history. Seriously, what is the point in hounding for ""popularity"" here? Is having your quest padded by a few extra randoms really worth trapping yourself as a fanfic writer? A fanfic writer who can't even choose a unique IP to work in? I feel like this defense for fanfiction is really rooted in the alarming majority of QMs just not having their own original ideas/concepts or the confidence to work within them, regardless of the negligible drop in player counts.

I understand that this is me just being an arbitrarily purist faggot, I just want to see more originality across the board. In my admittedly faggoty eyes, telling an original story is one of the biggest draws of questing as a medium. It's seriously too small and niche for us to have this big of an issue with oversaturation of individual IPs. If I really wanted to read *another* Fate, DBZ, ASOIAF etc. fanfiction, I'm pretty sure fanfiction.net is still functional.
>>
>>4979203
Original Quests are shit.
Enjoy all 2 of your players, kek.
I'm gonna keep making fanfic quests.
>>
>>4979203
>>4979206
You guys are retarded. Both are right. Original and Fanfictions are in high demand because both of you wont even try to QM
>>
>>4979218
I wouldn't be nearly as buttmad about this if I wasn't a QM already. I love running my quest, but I'm sick of having so little to read/participate in as well.
>>
>>4979222
>he's not running half a dozen fanfic quests at once.
Ngmi.
>>
>>4979203
>Fate
We could use few of those. There was one and it bumped board's traffic by a lot.
>>
>>4979231
Shame that the QM seems to have burned out.
He went from like 5 updates a day to like 1.
Guess life must've just got in the way.
>>
I dunno, I don't time myself writing posts or anything and write sporadically in-between doing other things

Man, we're really scraping the bottom of the barrel for these questions, aren't we? Unless "elf" is some kind of euphemism I'm not aware of...

>>4979203
This post raises a good point that the kind of qm who will choose to jump on a fad will be the kind of guy who will be more likely to drop his quest. I would like to say that there can be good quests based on existing properties. In particular, I think it can be done very well when you don't focus on copying story beats and nostalgiabait but do something like replicating mechanics or capturing the feel of said property.

A good example of this might be Persona: Moonless, which has the tarot card and social management of the Persona games in a unique modern-fantasy kind of setting. Unless something's majorly changed since I stopped reading it, there is nothing egregious like relying on existing characters or generally being a power-fantasy replaying of a previous Persona game. There are other examples of well done quests within an IP, but hopefully I've conveyed the general point that you can do these things well. Of course, many (probably most) quests based on existing IPs are just fanfiction.net tier, I'll admit.

As an aside, I wonder what the odds are that some of the apparent fads are just total coincidences. If an IP has a certain chance of getting a quest made for it in a given period of time and we assume that it getting a quest doesn't meaningfully lower the odds of getting another one, then there's a decent chance it could by pure luck get a bunch of quests at the same time. I imagine for very popular IPs like ASoIaF or Dragon Ball, the rate would be high enough to where it might not be copycats, but just probability at work. Sort of how you wouldn't expect to get 5 heads in a row flipping fair coins, but if you flip enough coins you will expect such a streak of heads with relative certainty.
>>
>>4979232
Real shame and it happened to previous good big Fate quest too.
>>
>>4979222
Shill yourself now
>>
test
>>
File: q2qgbgg39y651.jpg (54 KB, 612x615)
54 KB
54 KB .jpg
Tfw running my quest in my discord where I am finally safe from samefags
>>
File: 3r4e.gif (94 KB, 220x185)
94 KB
94 KB .gif
>>4979419

And you guys keep complaining about that low board activity...
>>
>>4979419
so you moved out of here and into discord, good job
>>
>>4979419
>He thinks discord isn't filled with bots and alts
>>
>>4979419
your alts don't count as players, schizo
>>
what are some good homebrew resources for running an asoiaf quest? I've toying with the idea of running something but maybe not set on that universe, I know that there's been plenty of quests that did their own thing but I am not sure if the resources are still around
>>
File: 1626376911066.png (200 KB, 421x519)
200 KB
200 KB .png
>>4979530
>>4979486
SEETHING, you will never EVER samefag in my quest again "1 IP by this post" poster
>>
File: 1630526131566.jpg (91 KB, 600x453)
91 KB
91 KB .jpg
>>
>>4979206
Listen asshole, I'll have you know I have five whole players!
>>
>>4979533
Boggs' Google Drive for House Shryke is still up: https://drive.google.com/drive/mobile/folders/1Ot_VGz9iDVmO1neVhGQMOs9h2G9Hd7nb

You can find the official PDFs at the above link as well as the Homebrew system developed by Father and Boggs. The changelog doc has Boggs' own small changes. The only thing that's missing here is Boggs' Ships homebrew. There's also a supplement called Chronicle of Sorcery for implementing magic and other fantasy elements within the same system that's not on the drive. If you want I can upload it for you.
>>
>>4979623
neat! thanks, I though it was gone, also I did some digging and actually found the chronicle of sorcery on a mediafire folder on tg.
There's a lot of cool stuff in the SIFRP tg thread
>>
>>4979277
I never shill myself here, I wouldn't want any of the worse parts of QTG dripping into my thread.
>>
File: 1630530079575.jpg (195 KB, 960x641)
195 KB
195 KB .jpg
>>4979632
>he thinks shilling will make everyone flock to a quest and affect it negatively
>>
>>4979637
Not flock, no. Again, we're not working in a medium where anything that large would happen. At best two or three randoms might come in, at worst some salty autist might decide to shit around for a while. Overall it's pointless, I just don't feel like I need to advertise my shit here
>>
File: ENCLAVE HERE.jpg (206 KB, 1600x914)
206 KB
206 KB .jpg
Enclave Remnant Quest has Returned
>>4979645
>>
>>4979641
In my 8 months on qst I've never seen any "salty autist" attack a QM without a reason and people plug their quests all the time. You're paranoid.
>>
File: fruit.jpg (32 KB, 720x688)
32 KB
32 KB .jpg
>>4979659
Get bent, if you really want to read my quest you'll find it. Any more paranoid reasons aside, the larger part of this is that I simply don't want to/don't feel like I need to do it. Also you've been pretty inattentive for the past 8 months if you've "never" seen it happen, in recent memory I remember all the Wuxian shitflinging and some shit that plagued one of the Fate or ASOIAF quests.
>>
>>4979419
>Tfw running my quest in my discord
Aren't you just running a campaign via IRC at this point?
>>
>>4979669
>Get bent, if you really want to read my quest you'll find it.
Yeah, nobody cares. Have fun in your safe space.
>>
File: anniversarysmall.png (1017 KB, 535x919)
1017 KB
1017 KB .png
Hey there! Bemoaning low board activity? Losing your mind over the utter dearth of decent OC quests that don't drop after one thread? Desperate to have one-- just one-- QM shill their quest? Well, have I got the solution for you!

>READ!
>MY!
>QUEST!

Today is Drowned Quest Redux's 2-year anniversary, and I can't thank my players enough for sticking with me through all this time. Here's to two years of garbage rolls, mystery boxes, snakes, and your slow ascent/descent towards whatever glorious future/hellish fate awaits you. And to two (or three) more years of this. And to, of course...

>READING!
>MY!
>QUEST!

Yes, you, gentle /QTG/ reader, you too can jump right in on this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity! We have here 19 threads jam-packed with such marvels as...

>Laughter! Tears! Crushing despair! The pain of pining desperately for connection, but, due to maladaptive interpersonal skills, being unable to obtain it! Denial!
>Snake corporations! Snake conspiracy theories! Snake father figures! In general, way more snakes than one would expect from an underwater setting!
>Multiple hiatuses without the QM dropping the quest!
>Original art, of increasing quality as the quest goes on!
>Daddy issues!
>Weird Psychonauts/Persona mind-dungeon crawling! Reality warping!
>Complex characters! And a lot of talking to them! A lot.
>Sometimes there's jokes!

Inspired by such classics as FALLEN LONDON / SUNLESS SEA, DISCWORLD and all those weird twisty psychological movies I watched during my formative years, DROWNED QUEST REDUX is the quest for you... and best of all, it's ON HIATUS! You read that right. Redux will not return for another 4-5 weeks, giving you-- yes, you-- plenty of time to catch up and be ready to go when it returns. I hope to see you soon!

>The archive is here: http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/qstarchive.html?tags=drowned%20quest%20redux
>My Twitter is here: https://twitter.com/BathicQM

(But seriously all, thanks for 2 years!)
>>
>>4976706
The only fallout quest I liked was the Van Buren quest that lasted 2 threads.
>>
>>4979669
Royal Rumble, too, though that weird saboteur dwelt within the thread proper than bandwagonning in from a QTG
>>
File: HeartSplash.png (878 KB, 1400x1021)
878 KB
878 KB .png
Mega Mercs Skirmish is back with a belated halloween special that's just early enough to not be a regular halloween special.

Join up for the last mission of the mini-campaign and discover the final fate of Captain Graves and the Revenants company.

>>4980367
>>4980367
>>
ngl i'm just sad that QMs get cold feet and ghots quests instaid of being upfront with the audience
>>
File: 8909490.png (1080 KB, 4000x2000)
1080 KB
1080 KB .png
The year is 2204. After nearly 200 years of chaos, the long night of the collapse seems to at long last beginning to recede. With the founding of the International Trade Commission in 2190 a kind of order is beginning to re-assert itself as the first threads of international commerce begin to knit themselves over the shredded remains of the era that came before. The Second Sengoku Period has come and gone, with the Tokyo Precinct Government regaining complete control of Japan after more than a century and a half of total warfare. The Great Empire of Altepetl, which had once dominated all of South America, and had threatened to swallow up the entire American continent has fallen, the harrowing brush with annihilation paving the road for peace among the warring nations of North America, binding together under the joint defensive pact known as the Continental States of America. The disparate kingdoms of Europe have diverted away from open conflict and begun a series of proxy wars for control of the Eurasian steppes over the vast archeotech caches left by the long forgotten Russian Federation.

Even in this era of rising peace and prosperity, the shadow of the collapse still hangs heavy over much of the world, and for many this age of barbarism and cruelty has no end in sight.

Exactly one year ago today, Stando uttered his last words before becoming kill. With his disappearance he left behind so many questions. Over the past several months I have taken this mass of unanswered questions and built an entire world out of them. While I know I'll never be able to replace him I hope I can re-create that feeling of mystery and exhilarating discovery that were the hallmarks of his quest. Okinawan Slave Quest is a prototype that I'll be using to get my sea legs in QMing before undertaking the far more ambitious story of Pacific Sword. This story is both a great starting point for uninitiated newcomers and an exploration into uncharted parts of the setting for the studied lore autists.

>>4980802
>>
>>4980805
Shit happens, man. It is called the Curse for a reason. It's way easier to just ditch than to explain why you're ditching.
>>
>>4980811
Nah, they're just fucking faggots. It takes one sentence to communicate they've lost interest instead of leaving people waiting like idiots.
>>
>>4976861
Yeah, sorry about that. I just don't have time to run right now.

>>4979533
I try to check my twitter at least every few days. Let me know if you need anything else and I'd be happy to help.
>>
>>4980805
>>4980824
You sound burned. What was the quest that did it to ya?
>>
>>4980886
I was about to message you on Twitter asking for your health, so thanks for responding. IRL always trumps questing obviously, but I'm glad you're alright.
>>
>>4980931
let's see, the ones that i liked and yet were canned with the QM ghosting the thread are
starcraft 2 terran civ like one
25k with alexndr kerinski
and the historical where you play a knight that is fleeing not! france
>>
Any interest in a multiplayer civ?
>>
>>4981376
Those are cool, but they usually end up being abandoned because QMs can't keep up with updating every civ.
>>
>>4981260
Shilling my quest for a little bit. Digimon raising quest, players get their own personal creatures and can grow them to fight in a ring with the other anons.
>>
>>4980824
If you give people closure they forget about you
>>
>>4976095
QMs who abandon with no warning should be banned
>>
>>4980811
It's simply being decent to give people a heads up so they don't hang around checking for no reason
>>
>>4980886
ayyyy you're alive. that's good to see at least.
>>
>>4981241
>and the historical where you play a knight that is fleeing not! france
which one was this? i'm interested to read it
>>
>>4981900
Knight of the isles, such promise. Wish someone would at least pick it up.

Also for me was that mudcore looter quest
>>
File: Jojo's penis worship.png (14 KB, 1764x56)
14 KB
14 KB .png
>>4980810
>This story is both a great starting point for uninitiated newcomers and an exploration into uncharted parts of the setting for the studied lore autists.
I guess things get crazy in part 3?
>>
>>4981993
Part 3 is where things get a bit more tame but not by much. Part 2 is fucking wild though. Also fun fact the reason that happened is because in Okinawan society it is believed that the human soul is located in the genitals.
>>
>>4981993
Part 3 is a bit tame actually. Part 2 is fucking wild though. Also fun fact the reason that happened is because in Okinawan society it is believed that the human soul is located in the genitals. It is for this reason that in Okinawa cock and ball torture is a criminal offense, punishable by death.
>>
Testing something
>>
File: samurai-yoshifuji.jpg (196 KB, 608x900)
196 KB
196 KB .jpg
Hope everyone is doing well. If QM curse doesn't strike again, Kenshi Monogatari Quest V will resume on the 24th of September as planned!

In the meantime, here's the archive link if anyone wants to catch up: http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/qstarchive.html?tags=Kenshi%20Monogatari%20Quest
>>
>>4980811
Better have an unrecognizable style and use a pseudonym, then. Getting burned once is one thing, but a QM who flakes like that repeatedly, and without even having the decency to let people know? Why bother getting invested in their quests ever again?
>>
>>4976095
Is posting one's OP here before making the actual thread just to gauge interest frowned upon?
>>
>>4983124
No.
>>
>>4983124
I would find it very strange, but I've also never seen it done before, so I don't know if there's an actual "standard" for that. Most people just post pitches/summaries, not the actual OP.
>>
>>4983124
Nope. Better than making a thread and having few interested.
>>
File: 1462197272952s.jpg (10 KB, 250x250)
10 KB
10 KB .jpg
Hey I was the OP of those culture civ threads 5 god damn years ago and I'm wondering if there's still people alive on this board who remember or would be interested in a followup.
>>
File: 3VrbwBi.jpg (401 KB, 720x2259)
401 KB
401 KB .jpg
>>4983709
Christ, yeah - those were great fun. Go ahead. Doesn't seem like people really leave this place, anyway.

I'm sure Myrm is still here sperging out about fantasy races after all these years.
>>
>>4983709
Loads of people here would gladly play civs if only the QMs would actually see them through till the end.
>>
How would you feel about a pay-to-win quest? Except instead of money, it's dice.
>>
File: opimage11.png (373 KB, 800x600)
373 KB
373 KB .png
Back by unpopular demand: it's BONES QUEST PART 11!

If you enjoy the following:
>SKELETONS
>LIGHT DICE ROLLING
>HALF-HEARTED ATTEMPTS AT HUMOR
>PROTAGONISTS WITH SHITTY PERSONALITES
>MERMAIDS
>BONE SUPER POWERS
>ADVENTURE
>ORIGINAL IPS
>WRITE-IN OPPORTUNITIES
>SCRIBBLES THAT VAGUELY RESEMBLE DRAWFAGGOTRY
>MUCH MORE

Then you might want to jump in on this quest! Don't miss the rush--check it out HERE:

>>4984288
>>4984288
>>4984288
>>
Hello, just asking if there is any intrest left in Governor Quest Redux. My persona Moonless quest is at page 10 so I could alternate between the two as I had said before.

Link: http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/qstarchive.html?tags=Governor%20Quest%20Redux
>>
>>4984351
sure
>>
File: 1615016862043.jpg (14 KB, 319x331)
14 KB
14 KB .jpg
>>4984351
Even though I don't tend to vote due to being a mini brain I really enjoy following Governor Redux. Please continue it.
>>
>>4984607
On a board as reliant on participation as this one, with dwindling numbers no less, lurkers should be treated as badly as samefags.
>>
>>4984607
Yeah what he said. Die in a ditch covered in molasses diabetus piss.
>>
File: Multiverse.jpg (3475 KB, 2000x1970)
3475 KB
3475 KB .jpg
I've made an experimental quest to see what comes out of combining a semi-freeform god game with scarce, dwindling resources, an extremely high player count, and taking a hands-off approach to everything that happens. All I'm going to be doing as QM for the foreseeable future is referee, keep track of mechanical totals, and measure the progress of time.

>>4984623

If that sounds interesting to you, feel free to dive in! The quest hasn't started but it's wide open for players and will be for some time.
>>
>>4984351
Come back

>>4984732
To be fair, Governor Quest is a high IQ quest. Going too low on one attribute/stat will result in very nasty things happening or even a game over.
>>
>>4984607
Doesn't take a big brain to type "Support" or "+1" on a vote that seems the most fun/interesting.
>>
>Stargate SG1
>Stargate Atlantis
>Stargate Universe
>Battle Star Galactica
>Terminators
>dinosuar
>Toy Story
>GI Joe
>HE-MAN
>Dune
>Historical WW1
>Historical WW2
>Alternate WW1
>Alternate WW2
>Halo
>Halo: Wolfpack
come back thunderhead
>Star Trek
>Zombies
>World in Conflict (Cold war esque)
>XCOM
>DEFCON
>Ace Combat
>Civil war quest
>Red Faction
>Red Faction: Guerrilla
>Witcher
>Gothic Horror
>-punk alternate universe
>Sword and Sandal
>Adventure serial/Indy or Uncharted-inspired
>Barsoom
>Cyberpunk 2020
>Bioshock
>S.T.A.L.K.E.R or Metro
>Fallout
>F.E.A.R.
>Alien
>Aliens
>Colonial Marines
>Titanfall
>Titanfall 2
>GTA 3, SA, 4, 5
>Zombi or Zombiu (zombie game based in Britian)
>Judge Dredd (new or old)
>Mount & Blade
>Systemshock
>Systemshock 2
>Mass Effect
>modern day PMC quest
>Drawfag quests (ex, Created)
>Ace Combat
>Gundam
>Endless Space
>Homeworld

List of stuff that could be popular. Feel free to add.
>>
>>4985296
A Darkest Dungeon-inspited quest might be fun.
>>
>>4985296
Gothic horror. Very underrated. It'd be great if you captured the atmosphere of the genre
>>
>>4984844
>>4984607
>>4984550
New thread soon™
>>
>>4985296
I'd read almost anything as long as its well writen
>>
>>4985296
Fate
>>
>>4984838
This turned out surprisingly cool and satisfying so far. Good idea!
>>
>>4976095
I want bioshocmk
>>
>>4986556
I'm glad you're liking the idea. The Gods have been less opportunistic than I was expecting, but then there's already 2, nearly 3 fatalities and it's not even been a full 1 Turn.
>>
What is a good system/mechanic for a civ quest? Examples if possible I want something fun to write and run. I tried running one but it kinda shot myself in the foot making it too complex and not planning, unsure if should continue
>>
>>4987624
Freeform it with percentage rolls or something very simple and flexible to simulate probability. That would be my preference. This site doesn't lend itself well to complex menchanics, since everyone ends up pulling in different directions. That's been my experience, anyway.
>>
File: Thread012a.jpg (720 KB, 1000x700)
720 KB
720 KB .jpg
Advent Soul Quest is back from break with thread #12. Also known as ghost trap chronicles boogaloo.

>>4988077
>>4988077
>>4988077

After having a battle with our favorite panther, part for training and part deathmatch, we go back to surviving in a hollow society. Which ain’t that bad actually.
>>
Governor quest is live!
>>4984844
>>4984607
>>4984550
>>
>>4988168
>>4984844
>>4984607
>>4984550

>>4988162
>>4988162
>>4988162
>>
>>4987320
Corrected, there have been 5 fatalities and 1 full Turn.
>>
To anyone that was reading Enclave Remnant Quest I have sad news to announce, I've hit a roadblock with writers block regarding the future of the scenario. I knew that you'd all eventually get to the Divide, settle in, I'll be honest the scope of it started getting rather large the more and more I thought about where it would go from there, and it was encrouching on a Civ quest, it was already sort of one, but I wasn't that interested in QMing a purely Civ quest which was where it was heading.

I'll also admit that a lot of the momentum I had going that was spurring me forwards sort of died out with the hiatus and the slow down of posts, both of which were frankly unavoidable.

None the less, it was fun, but I just don't think I have it in me to see it through to the end.

If anyone wants to pick it up they're happy to, the archive should have links to the character notes, and the spreadsheet I used for combat calculations.

Thanks to the people who stuck with me, and if anyone picks it up, good luck to them.
>>
>>4988626
good on you for actually saying something instead of ghosting. It is the ultimate form of cuckoldry.
>>
>>4987624
depends what aspect of civs you like. the mechanics should also be flavored to the quest, there isn't a one-size fits all. i find it's helpful to pay attention to the following heuristics when designing a system though:
1. players like to win
2. players like to see rare events
3. players like when they can overcome impossible obstacles through planning
4. players use your choices as guidelines for the scope of their write-ins
>>
Quest on avoiding of bad smells and stink and not wanting to be near stink?
>>
>>4988626
Thanks for letting us know desu, it had a good run.
>>
>>4985296
Judge dredd or system shock would be incredibly based.
>>
Link a bad quest on this board right now
>>
>>4989134
>>4982695
>>
>>4989146
Beat me to it
>>
>>4988768
Lupin Quest?
>>
>>4989146
>>4942283
>>
Governor Quest is live!

>>4989551
>>4989551
>>4989551
>>
File: 1945099124.png (455 KB, 1000x1000)
455 KB
455 KB .png
It's been about a week since Okinawan Slave Quest began and I feel like now would be a good time to get some more feedback on it as I move forward. I really want to know what you think the strong and weak points of my writing are and how you think I can improve.

The overall momentum burned out pretty quickly and I want to get a better idea of why that is. I think to start my update schedule has been absolutely fucked and there's really no escaping that at the moment. Then there was the problem of me wasting the first several updates running around in the wilderness like a bum with no character interaction or interesting events. I'm pretty sure that my writing is sub par as well, I definitely have to work to improve that. But things are looking up and I hope I can make this into something much less disappointing. On that note, I have recaptured my escaped drawfag and put him back into work in the lore hole, so the story has ascended into a draw quest. Now the infrequent updates will actually be justified in some regards.
>>4990201
>>
How often do quests get completed? It seems like they all go on forever or completely lose momentum and fall apart within two threads.
>>
>>4990233
It's extremely rare. Probably 1% or less of non-oneshots get completed, maybe 10% of non-oneshots even make it to 3+ threads.

QMing is hard, thankless, and time-consuming, dawg.
>>
>>4985296
Add Grand Theft Auto to the list. I'm not the biggest fan of quests where you play the villain but GTA balances on that line since its an amoral universe and though most of the MCs are selfish psychopaths that kill, steal and fuck whoever they want, they still have pretty noble traits that make them relatable and make us support them, plus its fun to go on rampages
>>
>>4977606
may as well write a Black Souls quest in that case
>>
>>4990705
You know the strange thing with Eva AND Wonderland? I had a Jungian vision of Christ stopping me from raping Alice as the Judean desert and the banks of the rivers connected somehow. Then Hegel kicked in and I perceived the Holy Spirit throughout space and time. The Father was visible in the brutal dictators I've read constantly about.

Fuck, the quest might even be about two Shinjis, a wagecucked Shinji seething about bad material conditions and a low salary achieving gnosis and going back to Eva world and the old Eva Shinji replacing the wagecuck and them switching on a constant basis
>>
Quest about killing vampires in a medieval fantasy world or quest about being a vampire in a medieval fantasy world?
>>
>>4990782
Quest about being employed by a vampire princess to kill vampires in a medieval fantasy world
>>
>>4990782
>>4990799
Instantly a better idea.
>>
>>4990782
Quest about being a suicidal vampire killing vampire in a medieval fantasy world who has become so powerful that he goes after other vampires in the hope they will be strong enough to kill him.
>>
File: 1612128949677.png (13 KB, 900x700)
13 KB
13 KB .png
>>
Governor Quest is live!
>>4991020
>>4991020
>>4991020
>>
>>4990799
So long as the vampire princess's feet taste good.
I'm not saying like "oh they're nice" I'm talking a full flavor and texture profile from the subtle yet variable Gruyère of the toes and the space between them, to the playful fruitiness of the ankle, the spring and ticklish reaction of the instep and the familiar and spicy smoke of the ball of the foot. This is a size four course trip to flavortown, a podological carnival, and expectations are loftier the higher the heel. Some people might like their small town fair, and that's fine if you prefer an earthier, firmer down-home meal, but one should keep in mind that a defined taste best knows the deeper complexities.
>>
fucking anime harem and mecha weebs got into the god quest i hate my god damn life
>>
File: IMG_0195.jpg (94 KB, 421x834)
94 KB
94 KB .jpg
>>4991061
>>
File: images (23).jpg (9 KB, 360x450)
9 KB
9 KB .jpg
>>4990828
Sounds familiar.
>>
>>4991061
Sounds like a good start, you should QM this. Rewards for a successful kill would be something like this.
>>
Has there ever been a successful non-smut quest run on akun? It seems like it is just a thinly veiled interactive erotica site.
>>
>>4991469
That's exactly what it is, all the sex weirdos flee there from here
>>
>>4991469
Define "successful." I'm following several non-smut quests that have a good reader base. The few huge quests that get like 200 votes (albeit a non-trivial amount of samefags) are all smut though.
>>
>>4990799
this is just Tsukihime except in medieval times
>>
>>4991469
wdym by successful anon, by what metric? but yeah you're right, the only reason you go to akun is to write smut, otherwise you'd go here or to spacebattles
>>
Are there any good cyberpunk genre quests? Currently running or archived. Thought about starting one soon as well (original setting). Really tempted to actually.

You would be the commander of a squad of three corporate assassins each with their own stats, cybernetics, and personalities. Threads would be one or two assassination contracts accompanied by character building moments outside of (or depending on how ragged you let your team get, during) contracts. These, contract which the mercs get paid for and can spend their spoils on weapons, gear, or cybernetic enhancements.

Idk if i should do four teams (four mercs played by multiple players attempting to work together in tactical missions) which would be a spectacular and fun to gm shitshow

Or

A single squad commander (players control the single "squad leader" character and manage the other 3 characters)

Would you guys be interested in a game like this? Is something like this being done already? I haven't been on qst in a good year
>>
>>4991469
Honestly, several quests have been successful and non-smut. Presumably, you mean high-traffic/playerbase, right? Yeah, they exist for sure. Just happens that most people write smut, but there's very much a taste for more traditional quests that's simply underserved.
>>
>>4985296
Lisa The Quest would be pretty good, a Spider-Man quest would be great too
>>
>>4991734
I'd vote for the Squad Commander one, to be honest--/qst/ players seem to gravitate towards being tacticians anyways, but the 'squad leader' angle could provide some fun character development opportunities both as a merc leader AND with the other squaddies.

I'm sure the former option could be pulled off as well, but you said it yourself: it would probably descend into chaos pretty quickly. Still sounds entertaining, of course, but yea.
>>
>>4991669
>>4991739
like what? i'm always look for some good reads.
>>
>>4991770
We Are Legion (capeshit) and Auror Quest (pottershit) are the ones I'm following right now.
>>
Governor Quest is live!

>>4992570
>>4992570
>>4992570
>>
>>4988626
A shame, as I quite enjoyed the quest. I do appreciate you telling us though Warden. I hope you take care of yourself, and hope we meet in another quest.
>>
>>4988626
Well thanks for the quest. Not many tried something like that with the Enclave very hard difficulty. I don t think anyone else will pick it though, it s not an easy kind of quest. Maybe it will be an inspiration to some at least, or a memory.
Bye Warden you did a good job.
>>
It's good to see QMs come to terms with flaking and tell players the quest is kill rather than going silent like socially inept assholes.
>>
>>4985296
Starcraft, DOOM, Crysis, Killzone and Resistance or would that count as Alternate WW2 ?

I know someone did an Half Life quest sometime ago about spy. I didn t okay it much but it looked very cool. Was it in spring maybe ? Idk lol

>come back thunderhead
Same
>>
>>4992761
*a spy. I didn't follow it
>>
>>4988626
If you're still kicking around in this thread Warden, how would you feel about returning to Ford and his Enclave Remnants, but as more of a Enclave Revenge Quest? Like instead of going full pragmatic, we flip it on it's head and go full Vengeful Puritan on the Wasteland, with Ford's Mother being our cell's commander. It will avoid most of the Civ building aspects and would make for a more focused and an entertaining storyline itself, and making it an AU wouldn't invalidate what came before, at least in my eyes.

You don't have to pick it up if life's getting busy on you, but I figured I'll give you some food for thought, as I quite enjoyed Questing with ya Warden, and I don't really mind if there are guardrails to keep Ford and his Enclave buddies as an adventure/combat focused quest rather than a Civ-building one.
>>
File: 40qhbp5fzpv61.png (616 KB, 960x766)
616 KB
616 KB .png
I have a quest idea
>>
>>4993011
I'd play that if any QM wants to take it up.
>>
>>4993011
Were there people on this website who legitimately didn't understand the appeal of "hot monster-people all want to fuck the author insert"?

Could see it being an alright jumping--off point for a quest, though I'd hope it wouldn't follow the original book's plot or tone too precisely, and would have better lore.
>>
>>4991110
Easy fix: target them in the god-war.
>>
>>4993011
yo what the fuck
>>
>>4991469
The Lord of Darkwood and all quests from that same guy are kino. There's also a couple militaryfag quests that I've heard are pretty good, not to mention all the smut quests where the smut is there just to ward off puritans.
>>
Governor Quest is live!
>>4993883
>>4993883
>>4993883
>>
>>4993220
oh its more of an idea i don't mean a literal twilight genderbent fanfic quest, twilight has some boring ass lore and plot, just mean take the concept and run with it
>>
About two years ago there was a quest about medieval Pokemon (no pokeballs, make friends with Pokemon in your affinity, etc) that started, had great writing and promise, then it was just never updated and died. I've been gone a while, and I don't know if it ever got picked up or what happened with it. Does anyone remember it?
>>
>>4994089
I don't remember it, but Strife Quest (>>4953445) was pretty engaging. 23k Warhammer, just after the warpstorms started. The Men of Iron turn a beautiful high-tech republic world and turned it into a wasteland, where billions died. Now the survivors scrambled in the aftermath forming a Warring States period. We were playing as the remnant government, basically a military dictatorship, just trying to scavange what tech we could, survive, and gain enough critical mass as a faction to start worrying about long term survival. We got to some exciting part where we recovered a valuable high tech mass fabricator with a lucky roll, which we can't replicate even though there were a tens of thousands of them a decade before the knowledge was lost in the apocalypse, and we recently subsumed a major faction, with some intrigue trying to get the space fleet (just a bunch of junk parts wielded together and set up) orbiting our homeworld under control before the QM decided to be a cuck and bolt. If anyone want to take it up, I'll be more than happy to participate.
>>
>>4993911
I'd play it.
>>
>>4993911
As the monster girl, or the object of their affection?
>>
>>4993911
I'd play the shit out that
>>
>>4991734
Isn't this just black company?
>>
Is there a good free tool for making maps? I tried Inkarnate but the map I can draw in the free version is too small for my purposes.
>>
>>4993140
I don't know if the anon that posted this is lurking here, but you can get in immediately on Turn 3.0. All you have to do is post your sheet. I don't know why the Alchemy/Cultivator God said you needed to check in with me, specifically, when the only rule about that is new Gods are only introduced on new Turns to avoid complication with the Essence income amounts/totals.
>>
>>4994415
I'm still following, but the combat sections are really diffocult for me to follow and seem to suffer terribly most from the sheer number of players with conflicting schedules. Do you have a plan moving forward? Is the creation of a world going to streamline things a little?
>>
>>4994415
I'm Ahmbalcre
>>
>>4994230
Either sounds fun, though being the Bella Beau? in that monster sandwich sounds like it has to most potential for steering the whole situation. Being a conflicted stalker vampire girl who has to overcome a chad tomboy werewolf to cling onto an unusually-appetizing mortal also sounds like it could be a fun romp, though.
>>
>>4994422
There probably won't be as big battles after this oneand things will go back to how they were at the beginning where rounds went by smoothly
>>
>>4994422
You know the cliche of a War Before Creation in fantastic mythologies? I was trying to see if I couldn't, set the board, as it were, and then let the pieces decide for themselves how that happened, or if it even happened at all. Very much experimental, I've never done something like this or seen it happen but I haven't gone in blind. In the future, the God count is going to drop more and more, and the window for new Gods to join will be slimmer and slimmer. Eventually it'll reach a steady equilibrium. I do have a plan going forward, independent of the massive number of players, and a few mechanics I'd like to try out to distance things somewhat from the Gods themselves as opposed to their effect on the creation.

I'm hoping the world's emergence will streamline things significantly but exactly how that happens to be seen, because a large part of it will be dependent on what the Essence spread of the spark of creation is going to be. For example, there are several possibilities on the overall dangers relevant to mortals, completely independent of the Gods, many of which aren't relevant to our own earth. All of that happening on a location system more tangible than, is it near enough to combat, or far enough they have to chase? That's been happening in the thread. It's going to be interesting to see, and things will very much be slowing down later on. I'm not sure how long later on will be, but it will be inevitable. Much more factionalism than the darwinistic mosh-pit I was expecting but that's alright to see, and fantastic to see, you know? I'm glad you're following the thread. The combat's tricky for me to follow too but it's cool to see and like I said, inter-God combat will simmer down sooner or later.

>>4994472
Noice, I thought so but I wanted to be sure. Very interesting God concept, there's a ton of ways you could spin it.
>>
>>4994473
May as well just add more spooky monsters like a ghosts and witches or something. Would be a pretty cool urban fantasy actually, being dragged kicking and screaming into the supernatural world cause you decided to make the wrong choice and go out on a date with the girl thats been stalking you or the aggressive tomboy
>>
>>4994657
>Possiblity of getting arms torn off by a wendigo gf

this should be made a reality
>>
>>4994657
Tsukihime quest?
>>
>>4994733
yeah but the spooky monster girls are the rapey ones
>>
>>4994737
Have to thank Nasu for Dr. Arach in remake
She is just the type for this
>>
>>4994535
Thank you! I'm pretty proud of his concept. I'm anxious to see how the other players receive him, seeing as how Ahmbalcre's mission statement is basically to outlast the universe
>>
Of course, it'll all come to burns eventually. Whether unhappy accident or fires of Hell, we all feel the singes. Perhaps this is what would one would bring about for a quest, that feeling of fire? Ideas, ideas, just take one, share the candy.
>>
>>4976095

>QM Question
Depends. Sometimes I recycle the last few posts as an OP, but prefacing the narrative bits are character, inventory, interesting things, etc. posts.

>Player Question
Human. Nothing against elves, just don't vibe with them as hard as other fantasy races.

At any rate, I know I promised a thread for "Star Wars: Interregnum" yesterday, but I just moved back to grad school, and unpacking everything took me longer than I realized. Gonna try to run later this afternoon once I have my first class and do a grocery run.
>>
>>4995064
Space Dad's looking pretty good!
My totally-legit archivist's fee is now a whopping total of two bottom-heavy chiss women, for the record. No rush.
>>
>>4979165
I'm happily focused on writing scripts now. But thanks for remembering me anon!
>>
Has anyone tried running puzzle quest?
>>
>>4995177
Like, what, a quest with puzzles? Probably but most of the "puzzles" I see on here are cicada3301 ripoffs that are done to spam the board.
>>
>>4995185
Quest involving puzzles yes. Not ARGN
>>
Any good science fantasy quests that aren't Star Wars or Warhammer 40K? Always feel like theres a lack of science fantasy
>>
>>4995761
Sayain Awakening Quest
>>
Vampire quest but set in a cyberpunk/dark synth setting. Yes or to gimmicky?
>>
>>4995921
I'd like it. Especially if there are cyber "Poser" vampires. Just pink mohawks or bored corp kids who've augmented themselves to mimic Vampire legends.

However, I'd prefer if the player was an actual fuck mother vampire, just have the "Posers" as a thing in the setting and something to kick the shit out of as a real fucking vampire.
>>
File: Untitled.png (270 KB, 984x360)
270 KB
270 KB .png
>>4995921
I'd be interested.

Also: post quests you're following and enjoying. Help people with similar tastes to yours find more quests they'd likely enjoy!

Maybe also suggest some quests you'd like to see in the same vein, or pitch your own or one you think you might like running, gauge interest. Why not?
>>
>>4995925
Well there are several ways I thought about how the MC would be a vampire lore wise would be the following.

>A group of the local augmented morons managed to break into one of those high end, sealed off grave yards.
>they think it’s so cool how they got in
>they find a catacomb/mausoleum and explore
>they come across the coffin.
>messing around, the group accidentally opens it through their tech
>the dead body is preserved perfectly
>Suddenly it wakes up and kills the group in question
>The MC was the only survivor, but barely due to his augmentations (which gives a means for the players to pick what they chose to augment
>the MC now has to navigate the world in a vastly different way than before.

Another one would just be the reverse. For world building I would think Vampire Masquerade meets deus ex. But maybe that’s TOO autistic
>>
>>4995939
Sounds rad
>>
>>4995939
I think Having other vampires to interact with would make it interesting. You could out some spins on classic cyberpunk assholes

A typical rich megacorp ceo asshole could turn into something like:

Rumors in the office say that the ceo has become unusually pale, doesn't let anyone come into the office anymore,gets violent with his staff, and routinely leaves to do weird shit. And for some reason his family stopped coming to the office to check in after he went home one night. Boom vampire

Or normal street gang guys go to:

Head of a minor street gang of modified lunatics has been infected with vampirism. He becomes more bloodthirsty and brutal to the surprise of the gang, incredibly gruesome but effective in gang wars. Next thing you know he spreads that shit and you have a clan of ravenous, formerly drugged up, vampiric cyber lunatics under over passes and running across slum rooftops looking for prey.

Being able to take something like that on would be badass.

Basically I'm an advocate for protagonist cybernetic enhanced vampire beating the shit out of insane cyberpunk vampires
>>
>>4994185
Border Princes is good if you like that kind of nation building quest.
>>
Haven’t been here for a minute. What happened to Fading Sea quest?
>>
>>4995185
I actually still have it still saved if you want to take a crack at it.
>>
Governor Quest is live!
>>4996464
>>4996464
>>4996464
>>
>>4992761
yeah, it was actually really intriguing.
>>
>>4995064
Ehh, more gray hair.

Quest needs more intercharacter relations.
>>
I think anonkun died
>>
>>4996548
Good. shit site.
>>
>>4995921
I feel like there's a lack of Science Fantasy stories so yeah i'd play, sounds based
>>
>>4996548
we have achieved endsieg
>>
File: dabdab.gif (135 KB, 250x203)
135 KB
135 KB .gif
>>4996548

Good riddance.
>>
>>4996548
what's anonkun
>>
>>4996635
You mean "who's anonkun"
>>
File: images (11).jpg (31 KB, 472x482)
31 KB
31 KB .jpg
>>4995929
>>4980802
Sadly I was the last voter.
Giant in the silver marches, qm is losing interest though.
>>
>>4996636
who is this anoncoon
>>
>>4996678
He is a coomer /qst/ fears
>>
>>4996681
So what killed him?
>>
>>4996636
Why is anonkun?
>>
>>4991739
>>4991725
>>4991669

I mean, look at it this way. I'm gearing up for my second attempt at my first quest, and I'm debating what platform to put it on. Honestly, I have a soft spot for this board, because that is how I got into questing in the first place, but I am put off by just how slow the board has gotten as of late. With akun, will I be waiting multiple hours, days even, for an adequate number of replies to continue the story, as I would with /qst/?
>>
/qst/ needs more coom unironically
Mother goose returns when?
>>
Is god quest dead?
>>
>>4996933
dubs don't lie

broadly I agree, though not to the point of out and out low effort smut quests. give us a hot and heavy sex scene or two, a bit of heavy breathing, hot under the collar stuff
>>
>>4996963
This

Also who is the hottest /qst/ character and why is it ushi walker
>>
>>4995064
You dead, kaz?
>>
>>4996933
We've got Government-Issued Girlfriend and PKMN.
>>
>>4996936
The Big God Game? I hope not, but God Master QM hasn't posted for a bit.
>>
>>4997028
Fuck i hope that game doesn't die. One of the only quests in a long time I've had fun with
>>
>>4996966
Clemmy, the cute murderous military pilot from MSPQ
>>
>>4997060
When is Wong returning with Swamp Lord and Crab Chanbara Quests? I miss both dearly.
>>
>>4997081
I doubt it, Wong's notorious for dropping quests.
>>
>>4997087
…fuck.

Well, at least he finished the Koumugi Valley arc…
>>
>>4997053
If it does, I may consider doing something like that for my ext foray into questrunning... Which probably wouldn't be for a while, admittedly, since Reptilian Infiltrator still has a few months left in it.
>>
>>4996548
What happened?
>>
Who is the most horny qm
>>
>>4997279
The site got renamed I'm pretty sure and a lot of layout/brand recognition stuff changed.
>>
A question to drawquest players specifically, what's the minimum amount of art quality you'll be fine with in a drawquest? Do you want every single update to have a drawn image or are you fine with only occasional drawn images?
>>
>>4997332
>Minimum amount of art quality
Gangs of The Waste (>>4996603) proves that the entry bar is pretty low as long as quest has a soul.
>Do you want every single update to have a drawn image
No, but it's better if you post some image with each update, even if it's just concept art or landscape from google. You will make your posts more recognizable from the rest that way. Then again, this is just my nitpick
>>
File: 1606023071979.jpg (6 KB, 251x247)
6 KB
6 KB .jpg
>>4997332
give me some example excerpts from draw-quests and I'll classify them as "OK" or "Not OK"

but in general most draw quests are fine. As long as the picture looks appealing I don't care if there is no demonstration of artistic knowledge or advanced technical skill

one thing I do hate is when a MSPaint image uses a gradient brush tool with the fill bucket tool causing some fuzzy white dots on the interior edges of a shape
>>
>>4997437
>>4997332

>>>4963710
Starwars?
>>
File: tegaki_0.png (12 KB, 400x400)
12 KB
12 KB .png
>>4997437
>MSPaint image uses a gradient brush tool with the fill bucket tool causing some fuzzy white dots on the interior edges of a shape
I agree.
Herald's Journey is based and all, but holy shit. Learning basic basics of paint.net and then filling colors in wouldn't take HQM longer than he takes on his doodles. Some of which are very cool.
>>
>>4997287
You, when you start a quest.

I’ll still read it
>>
>>4997450
>>4997453
Starwars and Herald's Journey are both OK
but yes, Herald has that annoying Paint fill-bucket effect
>>
>>4997450
>>4997453
The brown girl and the succubus from those quests are really hot
>>
>>4997461
I did start a quest once but it got deleted
>>
>>4997081
I was wondering about this too, what a shame
>>
what's the consensus of moving already-ongoing quests here? I was working on one with a small discord server a while ago but a lot of everyone, myself included at the time, got tired of it. lately ive been itching to properly complete it, and although i could railroad the rest of it myself i think it would be much more interesting to move it somewhere like on this board

an archive of the quest so far is in the works, although it's gonna take a while to get the entire thing up to date, transferring it all from discord to a mostly-proper github host site
>>
>>4997468
Show us so we can judge the lineart, anon.
>>
File: 1630128650905.png (32 KB, 1066x597)
32 KB
32 KB .png
>>4997513
Brown girl
>>
File: 1612638225803.png (29 KB, 400x400)
29 KB
29 KB .png
>>4997513
>>
>>4997564
Holy fuck, she's a COOMER.
Good lines. I really enjoy that pixel brush style, whatever it's called.

>>4997570
That's a harpy, anon.
The cumstained lines undermine HQM's astonishing attention to detail. She even has camel toe!
>>
>>4997582
We need to start a compendium to catalog all /qst/ waifus ever for historical purposes
We should hold a vote to decide the best /qst/ waifu of all time too
>>
>>4997595
What would be qualifications for being included? Surely you wouldn’t include any and every quest
>>
>>4997610
>they have to look hot no uggos
>they have to have some character they developed and weight in their quests story
>only 2 waifus per quest (cant have every DYBQ girl shoved in)
>they must be from a quest that has at least had three threads or has surpassed bump limit before
>they must have an original design as drawquest qms creations would be preferred so for qms who use google images or artstation you sadly might not get in this vote
>there must be at least image of them in their underwear

I will actually set up a poll for this if qms actually provided me the waifu they want to enter and a basic rundown on them so people know what they are voting for
>>
File: 1631727646953.png (305 KB, 637x863)
305 KB
305 KB .png
>>4997610
>has a cunt, or
>is a trap
and
>at least 2 anons lowkey wanted to shag them
That's only fair.

There needs to be a division between pictured and text-only, no matter who you decide to accept.
>>
>>4997619
>>4997647

Doing God's work, anons. Question though: should QMs be the one nominating? I feel like that might be better left to the players since they'll be the ones voting.
>>
>>4997651
Players should ask their qm to nominate as the qm would probably provide the basic rundown better on the waifu
>>
File: Killkree.jpg (10 KB, 248x203)
10 KB
10 KB .jpg
>birb
>fire
>gentle
>Beautiful
>>
>>4997651
Well, there is more players than QMs (some of players still remember old/abandoned quests) and I don't think all QMs whose quests are applicable would even participate. Might be wrong.
Furthermore, players have a different perspective on characters than the QMs. I can easily imagine situation where a side character appears as a potential love interest to players, but isn't regarded as noteworthy by the QM himself.

Therefore I think that both players and QMs should have equal nominating/voting rights.
>>
>>4997647
>>4997651
Where does the Fuck Quest extend universe land in all this?
>>
Governor Quest is live!
>>4997676
>>4997676
>>4997676
>>
>>4997693
Fuck quest fans would have to choose one waifu collectively to represent the whole quest
>>
>>4997647
Damn, I really miss Royal Rumble as well.
>>
If we really were to do a /qst/ waifu contest for real what about in tournament form so we go through brackets and whoever reaches the finals and wins will be the queen of /qst/?
>>
>>4997835
It’d be simple, so that’s a plus. The main issue would be filling out the brackets entirely
>>
File: Chara-illust-50001.png (223 KB, 640x960)
223 KB
223 KB .png
>>4997496
A few have been moved from other boards, no one has had complaints.
>>
File: E43QbtSXoAA_TBc.jpg (62 KB, 828x830)
62 KB
62 KB .jpg
>>4997852

You know what to do-- start nominating bitches and fill out the brackets.
>>
File: JPEG_20210727_100715.png (188 KB, 1024x1024)
188 KB
188 KB .png
Reading quests is fun, but there are many premises ive never seen explored
Ive only run a madness quest semi competently and attempted to do an evoquest but i was severely underprepared for that
For the evo i was testing waters for an idea but i fucked it up being an idiot

Ive got plenty of ideas in what i call the "never to be used" part of my brain due to my lack of a drive to write them
Honestly wont blame any anons that hate me for droping my quest
>>
File: 2.gif (4704 KB, 1067x849)
4704 KB
4704 KB .gif
>>4997866
my nomination yes yes
>>
File: lammar Casey.png (37 KB, 481x645)
37 KB
37 KB .png
>>4997866
CASEY, CASEY! In other words, my nomination.
>>
File: B-33 & HK-82.png (3934 KB, 5100x5100)
3934 KB
3934 KB .png
>>4995125
Kek. Taste in alien women aside, I appreciate your archiving.

>>4996538
When you say intercharacter relations, do you mean other characters interacting with each other outside of the MC? Doing their own thing? I'll try to highlight more of that.

>>4997008
Ain't dead. Just busy still adjusting, on top of some mechanics overhaul. Should be good to go either once I come back from the gym tonight, or tomorrow evening to wrap everything up.
>>
>>4997835
literally put every female from Created in there or no balls.
>>
>>4997825
The Demon Ring fell through, too. Why, Soj, why??
>>
>>4997980
>following a sojourner quest
You literally bring this upon yourself. You are almost as bad as SOMNIUS players.
>>
>>4997986
In my defence, I've only followed the two. As high quality as they are while they last... Probably not a mistake I'll make again.
>>
>>4997866
We're gonna need a lot more nominations than that

PLAYERS, GO INFORM YOUR QMS ON THEIR THREADS AND TWITTERS, WE MUST FILL THE TOURNAMENT UP

>>4997852
We can always shorten the number of brackets too
>>
File: 2.png (4570 KB, 3760x4960)
4570 KB
4570 KB .png
>>4997998
I feel like people would, if they cared, just nominate the MC in mine. Or maybe her succubus riding shotgun, but that character has no art...

Well, maybe pic related, sort of, on a technicality.
>>
>>4998039
MCs count too
>>
File: stanmug.png (194 KB, 400x600)
194 KB
194 KB .png
>>4998052
If that's the case, I'll toss Stan the Bones Quest Gremlin MC into the running. May the best character win, anons.
>>
>>4997922
>>4997926
>>4998118
Ok thats three

>>4998039
I will nominate your mc
>>4997664
And this bird

We still need 11 more waifus before this tournament can begin, if I get enough nominees I will make a thread to host the tournament
>>
>>4998039
>>4998118
Oh, and I still need the basic rundown on these characters character

>>4997619
And lets make the funny underwear rule optional, that would disqualify a lot of waifus unneccessarily
>>
Sam anon that pitched this
>>4991734
I have most of the stuff for it written up
Would you guys be interested?
>>
File: 1630909999079 (2).png (488 KB, 705x718)
488 KB
488 KB .png
>>4998251

Alright. I'll nominate my fishgirl MC, Elise, from Mutant!Quest.

Someone give ten more waifus so we can get this rolling. Best of luck, anons.
>>
File: standam2.png (237 KB, 400x600)
237 KB
237 KB .png
>>4998258
Hell yea, man. Give it a shot--what's the worst that can happen?

>>4998254
Not sure how much or what info you need, but here are the basics:

>>4998118
Stanley Parble is a janitor at a doggy bone factory that also became the epicenter of a Skeleton Apocalypse. She has a few nifty BONE SUPER POWERS, a SENTIENT SKELETON named LY that talks to her, and she generally tends to be brash, obnoxious, confrontational, and isn't very intelligent either. Might have an undiagnosed learning disability and has been described by some readers as a 'gremlin'.
>>
>>4998269
This will do, the waifus personality is whay they will be judged on first, their hotness second
Thanks

>>4998265
Personality?
>>
File: 1623050671730.jpg (5371 KB, 1587x3309)
5371 KB
5371 KB .jpg
Nominating 'Snake Eyes' Natalya from Black Company 2230 quest.
>>
Oi, someone go tell peekay and hikineet qm to drag their sorry rumps here too, we need tomoe and catastrovania
If 91m10 is lurking too I'll need your entry, probably gonna be yu yan but I could be surprised

>>4998286
Describe personality so I can notch it down
>>
File: The Pantheon.jpg (4927 KB, 7968x2990)
4927 KB
4927 KB .jpg
>>4997866
So long as other anons nominate Mr. Wong's waifu's (I'm thinking Swamp Lord and L5R Chanbara here), as well as the MC of L5R: Pursuit of Greatness, I'll official nominate an old great quest that I use to frequent heavily in it's Twilight on /qst/...

Mercy and Agriculture, from Catalyst Quest. They really stole my heart near the end.

>>4997922
Shame everyone forgot about Lana, Rin, Sasha, Madalin, Freydis, the Irlean witches, etc... Damn I miss that quest, even if we made questionable choices with Garlend along the way.

>>4998039
I hope you don't mind me not nominating our reptilian gal here. I've enjoyed your quest immensely, but it's still active, and I figure I can be the voice for those quests that have moved on. You should totally nominate her yourself though, if your post didn't nominate her before of course.
>>
>>4998290
Her three main personality traits are Firebrand, Daredevil and Xenophobe. She's a tough as nails commander of her mercenary unit, willing to do the dirty work.
>>
File: Tomoe, Ronin-chan.png (593 KB, 718x1426)
593 KB
593 KB .png
>>4998290
Ahh, Tomoe Ronin-chan was another favorite of mine. Love to have her on board.
>>
File: 1619017971261s.jpg (5 KB, 250x250)
5 KB
5 KB .jpg
>>4997835
>>4997866
>>4998265

On that note, should we put the official waifu-war tournament in its own separate thread once there's enough competitors? I think it's a good way to give everyone's characters a little more fanfare/appreciation than a mere strawpoll, and it IS a quest by a technicality.

Unfortunately, there's that samefagging problem to worry about... though one might argue that the polls are just as fickle.

I still think there'd be more fun in a separate thread.

>>4998251

Elise Martins is a girl who gained her mutant powers after taking a nosedive into the bay and nearly dying, where she uses her powers for various acts of derring-do-- derring-do that mainly evolves around saving her city's mutants from an ethically-challenged research facility.

Confident in her skin, Elise is a thoughtful individual who is quick on her feet and never backs down from a fight. Usually, she's the first to throw a punch, and tends to be impulsive, stubborn, and just the slightest bit petty. Has a constant flesh-craving and is prone to give in to her pesky fish-instincts from time-to-time.
>>
>>4998298
That is my plan yes, once we have enough nominees and their description so we know what we're voting for

I think we may be able to deal with the samefagging somewhat by having the votes for each round of two waifus competing only be open for a limited time, like 5 hours.
>>
Oh shit, Gnoll and Kobold Quests aren't represented! It'll be a shame to lose out on them as well.
>>
Alright, we have so far
>Thief (Royal Rumble Quest)
>Casey Smith (MANAGER, HELP! Another Facility Management Quest)
>Stanley Parble (Bones Quest)
>Ismena Rosgard (Reptilian Infiltrator Quest)
>Killkree (Created Quest)
>Elise (Mutant!Quest)
>Snake Eyes Natalya (Black Company 2230 Quest)
>Tomoe (Hedge Quest)
>Catastrovania (Reocurring character across many quests)

Need seven more waifus for this tournament to run

>>4998291
Gonna have to ask that you choose between Mercy and Agriculture, thinking we should narrow it down to one waifu per quest a little

>>4998306
Remind me what Daitza was like and I will enter her.
>>
>>4998314

Nominating Charlotte Fawkins from DQR.
>>
>>4998320
>>4998314

I leave the personality description/photograph up to Bathic.
>>
>>4998322
I got her pic no worries, even if Bathic doesn't reach us I can find out stuff using his pastebins and ops
Might take us a day or two before I can finally get this thing kicked off as I wait for entries
>>
>>4998314
Tiiris from Child of a Dead Empire
http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/qstarchive.html?tags=COADE

Mathilde or Chiri from Crusader quest
http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/qstarchive.html?tags=HistoricalFiction
>>
File: Mercy and the Relic.png (1632 KB, 1280x810)
1632 KB
1632 KB .png
>>4998314
Mercy was the first waifu in Catalyst Quest, so I think that's it's only fitting that she takes the nomination on this one.

Daitza was a soft-hearted aggressive tomboy, who's a skilled hunter and loves a good fight, even if she's the one getting the snot kicked out of her.

Shame no one's nominating Mr. Wong's quests, but what can you do?
>>
File: clarissa.png (21 KB, 400x400)
21 KB
21 KB .png
>>4998314
I'd also recommend Clarissa from A Herald's Journey. Not sure if HeraldQM still lurks, so if we need someone from a fairly-recent quest then there you go. Pic related.

I'll also go ahead an nominate Petunia from Gaol Quest--not sure if Indo wants to do it, but just thought I'd throw it out there.
>>
>>4998314
Oh, and if you allow two waifus from the same QM then Vancewell from Swurn tu vulurr.
>>
>>4998314

>Elise Martins (Mutant!Quest)
>Tomoe (Hedge Quest)
>Catastrovania (Reocurring character across many quests

Updated:
>Mercy (Catalyst Quest)
>Daitsza (Gnoll Quest)
>Charlotte Fawkins (Drowned Quest Redux)

Only four slots left, not counting the tentative competitors, Clarissa, Vancewell, and Petunia
>>4998339
>>4998343
>>
File: Kaguya.jpg (284 KB, 899x500)
284 KB
284 KB .jpg
>>4998314
Kaguya from Cyberpunk Princess would be a good recommendation. Soft, kindhearted girl, traumatized and raised up from a whore's daughter to cooperate princess.
>>
Thief (Royal Rumble Quest)
>Elise (Mutant!Quest)
>Tomoe (Hedge Quest)
>Mercy (Catalyst Quest)
>Daitza (Gnoll Quest)

Waiting on a response from bathsalts and 91m10 after summoning them

>>4998339
Clarissa's personality?
I know Petunia is a pervert but didn't really read Gaol, anything else about her?

Also curious about possibility of Shotasniffer
Maybe could hold a bonus round or two for those that don't make the main tourny brackets

>>>4998336
Putting them down.

>>4998331
>>4998343
Those don't really have any visual representation beyond art from other sites. Hate to say it but their chances looking low
>>
File: Sayaka.jpg (188 KB, 950x1219)
188 KB
188 KB .jpg
>>4998347
Sayaka from Mr. Wong's L5R Chanbara Quest. A mischievous tomboy samurai of the Scorpion Clan, who surprisingly has a heart of gold underneath all her chitin armor.
>>
File: whitney_circle.png (137 KB, 512x512)
137 KB
137 KB .png
>>4998352
Whitney from Fuck Quest. Adorable tomboy with a heart of gold and a brain of swiss cheese.
>>
>>4998352
Oh, you're looking for waifu from mostly drawquests. Then I have the perfect one for you.
http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/qstarchive.html?tags=I%20Can%27t%20Believe...%20Quest
>>
>>4998352
I was going to roll between the three waifus of Swamp Lord Quest (Floofy Bard, Socially Awkward Frost Amazonian, and Scary Yandere Shadow Witch), but I think>>4998354 covers all the slots currently.
>>
Cersei from Joffrey Quest
>>
>>4998347
>>4998352
Would it be possible to swap Killkree out for another character of mine?
>>
Lot more waifus than I expected
Don't wanna be unfair to text questers
Think what I'll do is three different tournies to decide a gold, silver and bronze place queen of /qst/, silver and bronze tournies being smaller to acount for other waifus
>>
>>4998361
Yes, who did you want entered
>>
>>4998363
That sounds retarded. Just do one and exclude dead and abandoned quest waifus.
>>
File: Floofy Bard.png (419 KB, 800x800)
419 KB
419 KB .png
>>4998358
Fuck it, I'm having too much fun going down memory lane to stop now. I'll just like them to this post instead.

Liliessa, pet name Lilly, is the Floofy Bard. Sweet, courageous, and articulate, she had a knack for storytelling on the lyre, she warmed our hearts with every interaction.
>>
>>4998360
>>4998366
Yes, please exclude Cersei from the dead Joffery SI Quest.
>>
File: 175.png (12 KB, 367x353)
12 KB
12 KB .png
>>4998365
Naa'diss, fan favorite from my current quest. I pick her because she's in vogue among my stuff.
She is a Nelvaanian Jedi Padawan trying her best in trying times of the Imperial era, which has left her pessimistic. She tries to be attentive and a good guardian for her younger sister despite worrying so much, having rare moments with hopeful outlooks, and tries to channel strength while remaining apathetic about it to avoid straying from the Light.

You can leave Killkree for whatever bonus round you plan.
>>
>>4998369
my waifu is Sansa anyway :^)
>>
>>4998363
Lady Hannah Galdynfrygenbach, the noble giant Amazonian of the Frozen North. Tough, scarred, huge, and deadly, wielding large magical sword the daze of Gut's from Berserk, she's a kindhearted, lonely, quiet, socially awkward noble lady, having witnessed and been scarred by her parent's assassination attempt as a child, and been struggling to survive and keep her fractured realm together ever since. Can't really hold her liquor though.
>>
>>4998366
Hold on now, the main gold tourny will be the most important and primarily include the drawquests waifus
The bonus rounds are a might, and only for now a *might*, which if I did do them could knock them out easily in the same thread once the main tournament is over and if anyone sticks around after
>>
File: tegaki.png (16 KB, 400x400)
16 KB
16 KB .png
>>4998320
>>4998326
Thanks anon, I'm flattered. There's a lot of pic options for Charlotte, so I'll drop my preferred one* (do you want portrait or fullbody?) and a write-up tomorrow after I get some sleep. Redux Soon (tm)

*pic unrelated, I am on my phone and using my finger
>>
>>4998370
Got it

>>4998375
Your choice mr bathic
>>
File: Ratfu.png (225 KB, 152x693)
225 KB
225 KB .png
>>4998371
Ratfu is bestfu, flake ;^)
>>
>>4998356
>that time somebody posted porn fanart in the thread
Kek
I have a soft spot for this, hope culexus is doing well
>>
>>4998348
Sir that's a child
>>
File: Doloranna.jpg (413 KB, 1100x1500)
413 KB
413 KB .jpg
>>4998358
Doloranna, the scary shadowmonster in the form of a shortstack swamp witch. Hot, a bit off her rocker, somewhat of a tomboy for a mage, eater of lord's ribs, feeder of cheese, loyal, and VERY physical. Started to really warm up to her in the later threads.
>>
File: Spoiler Image (19 KB, 525x584)
19 KB
19 KB .jpg
>>4998378
No.
>>
>>4998374
For what it's worth, Whitney >>4998354 is from a text quest.
>>
>>4998381
Sorry, I went a bit too far down memory lane there. Kaguya isn't a waifu in the strict sense of what you'd normally attribute to waifus, I just have a fondness for that quest that I wanted to express. NoirQM did a good job there, and if he's still around /qst/, I'd like for him to know that, and that I haven't forgotten Cyberpunk Princess Quest.

If you feel the need, you can take Kaguya out of contention if you wish.
>>
File: Spoiler Image (78 KB, 680x900)
78 KB
78 KB .jpg
>>4998383
Btw, you forgot your Cersei picture, flake.
>>
>>4998339
Herald is NOT gonna fuck Clarissa.

>>4998352
She's a rape victim who witnessed her friends die in a goblin cave. That's all I can say for sure.
>>
File: ChadGoblinSlayer.jpg (199 KB, 849x1200)
199 KB
199 KB .jpg
>>4998403
>goblins
>>
File: Spoiler Image (283 KB, 600x950)
283 KB
283 KB .png
i dont have much current active quest waifu preference, but as a silly little joke im bringing up Queenie from Larros long ago finnished Hero quest
>>
>>4998407
yeah exactly
>>
>>4998352
>>4997926
You know how corporations try to be sincere and caring but fail miserably? Casey is if https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8zNsUTWsOc had the possibility of being real. In other words, "Maybe that cashier really DOES like me."

Throw in an entire transcript of cheap advertising, a little incompetence, and corporate callousness and then you get Casey. That's probably descriptive enough, yeah, yeah.
>>
I DEMAND somebody run a Stalker/Roadside Picnic quest all about exploring weird and dangerous anomalies for loot.
>>
File: Alina.png (12 KB, 224x290)
12 KB
12 KB .png
>>4998352
Looks like there's way over 16 entries now but I'll nominate Alina from Seeker Quest.
She's a peasant who ran away from home with MC to be an adventurer.
Kind of an adventurous and trusting type, though a bit grudge-bearing.
>>
>>4998499
Supporting, seeker bros assemble
>>
File: 394.png (941 KB, 1213x2000)
941 KB
941 KB .png
>>4998352
Where's Nina Ucceli from Do Your Best Quest?
>>
>>4998254
>Oh, and I still need the basic rundown on these characters character

The Infiltrator is a half-human Degenerate, an agent of a subterranean reptilian race sent to subvert human society in a fantastical land. So far, she's mainly done that through exotic dancing, sex-work, and the summoning of a succubus. She has a passion for fashion, occultism and teh arcane, humiliation, dance, recreational drugs, and the brutal murder of her rivals. She's also found herself a charmingly-gangly boyfriend with a big dick, and just finagled him a threesome, as a treat.
>>
>>4998352
It's been a while since the last thread, but Clarissa is a ranger with a knack for painting, finding helpful plants, and cracking lighthearted jokes. She's also something of an alcoholic due to what

>>4998403
This anon mentioned. Never implied Herald was gonna bone her--I was just under the impression that we were nominating the best girls from a few quests.

As for Petunia, I suppose that's mostly up to Indo, but here's her description from the thread:

>PETUNIA KARACHOVA
>Traits: Pervert, Deceiver, Friendly
>Past: Serial Non-Consensualist
>>
>>4998621
> but here's her description from the thread:
Eh...the traits don't paint an accurate picture. I'd leave the description to Indo.
>>
>>4991734
I've seen a quest like you described in tgchan tho, Static on the Wire. Basically you're a resurrected hitman with hacking powers working for a megacorp.
>>
>>4998339
Aw hell ye, Petunia would rush to join this tournament, and then get cold feet and sweat profusely while doubling down on her 'charm'.

>PETUNIA KARACHOVA
>Traits: Pervert, Deceptive, Friendly
>Past: Ex-Serial Non-Consensualist

Petunia Karachova is a former non-consensualist who gets thrown in Gongalla Gaol. She might put on a confident, happy, cheery face but her past was a veritable mixture of heartbreak, bad choices and perversion. But despite her depravity, she met her true love in the form of fellow inmate James Calaca, who she'll follow to hell and back. Currently she's walking the thin path of rehabilitation, and has shown progress in restraint.
>>
>thinly veiled drawfag circlejerk #47281
>>
>>4998744
Well, what's yer offer?
>>
File: Tomoe irezumi.png (143 KB, 1544x2704)
143 KB
143 KB .png
>>4998290
Something you need?
>>
File: 1616886829176.png (617 KB, 800x1263)
617 KB
617 KB .png
>>4998375
>>4998377
This picture is custom but isn't my art-- let me know if you're limiting this to QM-made art, and if so I'll provide an alternative later. I do draw, just not this well.

Charlotte Fawkins is a charming and accomplished young noblewoman whom everyone seems to hate, probably because they're jealous... and certainly *not* because of her colossal lack of self-awareness, not to mention the snake in her head telling her to be an asshole all the time. She enjoys the simple things in life, like swords, arson, and winning, and like any well-bred lady considers handholding lewd. She is on a noble quest to restore her family's honor and may or may not be heading towards a great or terrible destiny. (She sure thinks she is, though.)
>>
>>4997933
The MC interacting normally with other characters. and jesus. we barely interacted with b33 or HK.
>>
>>4998789
Define normal, will you?
>>
>>4998379
Best Waifu Vanessa Spelworth
>>
>>4998818
I mean, agreed.
>>
>>4998818
As much as I like pear-shaped women, Tessa best waifu. Respectfully, boss.
>>
>>4998818
She is a thot
>>
File: kelpiehumanform.png (1266 KB, 1600x1600)
1266 KB
1266 KB .png
>>4998744

Benefits:
>increased board activity
>something to do besides throwing shit about the latest fanfic quest or schizo QM
>appreciation for various quest characters outside of their given quests
>draws attention and increase potential readership of various quests

Feel free to post a waifu, or be a bitter faggot and don't participate at all.

>>4998352
>>4998363

I personally don't support the idea of multiple tournaments cause it seems like a clusterfuck waiting to happen. Doubling the brackets might be a good fix if we get over 25 contestants in total if no one minds a few 'byes' in the process.

I'm counting 18-20 right now, including the contestants that have yet to be approved, so, if five-to-ten more contestants are approved (not including the unapproved contestants that I counted), doubling the brackets from 16 to 32 is the best bet for this.

Also, I'm curious if anyone plans to shill the official waifu war tournament on other boards like /tg/, /a/, or something along those lines. I'd do it myself, but none of my other boards aren't that welcoming to /qst/-ers.
>>
File: Tomboy97.png (102 KB, 600x661)
102 KB
102 KB .png
>>4998818
Unrivaled in power
>>
File: cat1.png (336 KB, 2314x641)
336 KB
336 KB .png
>>4998290
looks fun
>>
>>4998823
Why would any other board care about oc drawquest waifus?
>>
>>4998815
Mildy retarded
>>
>>4998823
>welcoming to /qst/-ers.
Ive posted a few times on /b/ and the retards arnt hostile.
>>
>>4998835

Shot in the dark, honestly, but I was just thinking in terms of how to increase board activity. On the off-chance that a small percentage that somehow decides to give a crap about autistic quest waifus and decides to stay past the tournament, that's one more player in this humble board of ours.
>>
File: 398.png (187 KB, 800x640)
187 KB
187 KB .png
>>4998290
>>4998314
>>4998581

We decided to sacrifice Nina Uccelli for this purpose.

Description: A highschool teacher Christmas cake who enjoys her sweets and being comfy.
>>
>>4998769
Peekay? That you?
Gonna need a spiffy way you'd describe Tomoe to use for the tournament is all

>>4998782
I'll use it
Thanks

>>4998823
Yeah, I also thought about just doubling
Very likely just not gonna do any bonus rounds or the like, I think 16 will be enough

>Naa'diss (Battle Droid Quest)
>Elise (Mutant!Quest)
>Tomoe (Hedge Quest)
>Mercy (Catalyst Quest)
>Daitza (Gnoll Quest)
>Whitney (Fuck Quest)
>Petunia Karachova (GAOL Quest)
>Vanessa Spelworth (My Government Issued Big Titty Goth GF Quest)

That is 15
Still need elaboration on Thief, unless people here would rather swap Thief out for another Sojourner waifu
And a little more elaboration on Catastrovania and Vanessa

Then we can choose a 16th final nominee and get the ball rolling. Who's it gonna be?
>>4998353
This one?
>>4998356
Any of the ICBIHTTAG Quest waifus?
>>4998499
Seeker Quest representative?
>>4998581
Someone from DYB like this since I don't think 91m10 will get back to me so fast anyway?
>>
>>4998992
Oh, what a coincedence
Thanks for replying, I'll use this if she gets chosen as the 16th pick
Although I could also cut Catastrovania out and swap in a DYB pick anyway as I'm sure the former's personality varies between quest to quest...
>>
>>4998995
As much as I love Kodo Sayaka as a waifu, and I love her enough to keep hoping against hope that Mr Wong’ll get back to writing L5R Chanbara Quest someday, she doesn’t exactly fit in this contest, since Wong isn’t really a drawfag. That said, if there’s a version where no character art is required, I’d totally put her in.
>>
File: tomoe sketch.png (52 KB, 929x904)
52 KB
52 KB .png
>>4998995
Foreign political fugitive turned criminal temptress of small men. Lover of halfling cuisine, friend of automatons, and fan-wielding wandering warrior.
>>
Why do I feel like this is going to end badly?
>>
>>4999039
Because it's the one thing these threads love to rage about: Waifu Wars
>>
>>4999039
Because this may be a tournament in context, but we all know this is really a war in essence, the subject are waifus after all
I'll lay a few rules (read: generous suggestions) down in the tourny thread and pray people don't get too out of hand if they decide to fling shit in the name of their waifu
>>
>>4999044
Is this gonna be some RP thing, a poll, or a shitpost Olympics?
>>
>>4999044

Now that we presumably have a full-draw, when can we expect the thread, tourny-master?

Also I assume the draw is random shuffle? Again, may the best waifu win.
>>
>>4999053

>D. All of the above
>>
>>4999044
>pray people don't get too out of hand if they decide to fling shit in the name of their waifu
Mate you're starting a very literal waifu war. Expect the worst and accept the inevitable.
>>
>>4999053
>inb4 tourney-master actually puts them into a HG match
>>
>>4999053
This is a single elimination tournament. Each round of sets will be decided upon by a number of votes. Once a set reaches 60 votes, or the time limit I specify ends, the waifu in that set with the most votes wins and moves on to the next round, all the way to the finals.

The tourny thread may also be a berth for QMs to interact with one another and people to mingle over one thing that I know unifies us all in the end, one overarching thing we cherish here in /qst/, Waifus
Fun should be emphasized and anything could happen, we could get new art or qms writing how their waifus would interact with one another
And horniness is a good thing to channel too
I know I'll have fun thinking about how hot it would be to see all these waifus in a lesbian orgy but thats beside the point, for right now

>>4999055
As soon as I have the last elaborations to use and the 16th nominee is called
I'll figure out an order to use
May the best girl win

>>4999085
I do, thats why I emphasize pray
We'll see

>>4999086
You know what, once the tournament is over, if janny will allow it and doesn't destroy us with his volunteer wrath
I'll do that
>>
File: Ungluck 2.png (65 KB, 475x529)
65 KB
65 KB .png
>>4999095
Ungluck.

>fatherly
>hates pedos
>can be technically considered a woman
>owns a whole universe
>makes good Mac'N'Cheese
>>
>>4998995
A really old quest but I remember anons wanting to fuck /out/-tan in the first /qst/-tan quest years ago but fucked /cm/-tan instead
>>
>>4998291
Thanks so much anon, it means the world. Here's some updated art. Those pics are ancient!
>>
>>4998995
>Seeker Quest representative?
I (main ID: Rvvdhlsi) can do it, I was the qm
>>
File: worst.png (61 KB, 344x732)
61 KB
61 KB .png
>>4998995
Loser chuunibyou without friends. Her hobbies include poorly drawing and retreating into her fantasy world. Her biggest strength is watching too much anime.
>>
>>4998291
I would have nominated Iliandra. Or Nyeuu.
>>
>>4998290
>>4998293

Important to know that on top of those things she isn't afraid to throw on a dress and go dancing in the club
>>
>>4999086
>>4999095

I'm rarted. What's an HG match?
>>
>>4999312
It refers to the hunger games simulator
>>
>>4999331

Ah. Thanks, anon, and if Mr. 'Does-It-for-Free doesn't mind care that sounds pretty spanking.

And I don't think he will, considering a certain, notorious QM literally made a thread with The Last Defender as the MC.
>>
>>4998291
>I hope you don't mind me not nominating our reptilian gal here
No worries, someone else did and also I don't think she'll win. Hell, I'd be voting for Vanessa.
>>
>>4998823
Now this quest (MGDF [Magical Girl Defense Force]) isn’t well known, but I enjoyed it to the end. Elizabeth Wyvern is a New Age Magical Girl, who tries to save lives and be a hero in her section of the city. Elizabeth is bit of a hothead and prone to looking before she leaps, but not heartless and really does mean well by folks. Also likes fightings a lot, and is really into conspiracy theories. It was a fun quest that had it’s Season Finale leave on quite a cliffhanger boss battle, with our gal’s city under assault and a mysterious organization trying to pull an Akira on it. If you’re there, MGQM, know that I’ve enjoyed your quest til the end mate.
>>
>>4999116
Oh my, that’s quite beautiful! Thank you so much mate, I really appreciate you showing me this!

>>4999165
Based poster.

>>4999387
>voting for some other thot

)^:<
>>
Two more quests that maybe should be considered (even if they’re both relatively new quests, they’re both of great quality).

Chlotsuintha from The Graverobber’s Daughter Quest (>>4994632) and our female illithid MC from Mindflayer Quest (>>4975653).

I’d definitely suggest a read, as I’m quite enjoying both quests currently!
>>
>>4999519
Chlotsuintha, a quiet, timid, tall witchlet in a world where magic can contaminate the mundane world around it a twist it against the natural laws of reality, and magic is rooted out and mitigated by the Inquisition and their Cleaners. Novice witchlet, experienced thief and Leaper, and a worrier who may now be an orphan, Chlotsuintha is currently in trying to gather supplies to escape the city with her Father’s magical belongings before she gets found by the authorities, either as a witchlet, a wanted pirate, a misbehaving leaper, or some combination of the three.
>>
>>4999519
Our illithid MC is a more athletic and body focused mindflayer who’s on a quest regain control of two drow nobles and keeping the secret of the Underdark from spreading to the surface world. She’s currently getting her shit kicked in by the Sun, was captured by humans, turned the dungeon into her own personal fiefdom, and is trying to regain the advantage from her relatively kind captors.
>>
As I am not real well known of royal rumble, Teef has been swapped out in favor of Alina (Seeker Quest) and Nina Uccelli (Do Your Best Quest) is now our 16th contestant waifu.

The tournament shall begin soon once I've something to use as Vanessas basic rundown.
>>
>>4999608
>RR dropped
Makes me seethe honestly but w/e
>>
>>4999608
Based fagjourner quests are shit
>>
>>4999608

Bathsalts or whoever’s got the rundown on this Vanessa, hand over the description so we can start seeing some shit get flung.
>>
>>4999720
I came up with something on my own after rereading, I will initiate the thread momentarily
>>
>>4998705
tranny
>>
>>4998621
>Never implied Herald was gonna bone her
Sorry, I just know there's a faggot who wanted to romance Clarissa.
>>
File: great waifu tournament.png (341 KB, 1014x709)
341 KB
341 KB .png
Alright, its here
now we can stop clogging /qtg/ with this woot woot

>>4999756
>>4999756
>>4999756
>>4999756

Get your helms and spear for war- I mean foam fingers and pretzels for friendly competition
>>
>>4999727
Kek
Get REDACTED
>>
>>4999848
Those are shoulders of a man.
>>
File: AnimeGirlSmug16.png (2376 KB, 1995x1438)
2376 KB
2376 KB .png
>>4999727
>>4999949
Rent free
>>
>>4976095
>>
>>4999999
Coming just for checking
>>
>>4999999
wasted
>>
>>5000000
>>
File: 1618287162285s.jpg (11 KB, 201x201)
11 KB
11 KB .jpg
>>5000012
>>5000008

I meant to put a rickroll, but I forgot to copy-paste it.

Press F for the loss of a supreme GET.
>>
>>4997902
I don't blame you since it was a nice learning experience
>>
>>5000015
Rip bro.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5a0jTc9S10
>>
>>4998496
That will be in my quest in the future, have no fear
>>
>>5000027
You better make it bullshit hard.
>>
>>5000028
Play a flash game series called Submachine. Now imagine that as open world sandbox. That's only part of it. I will try to make my quests hard but not fuck over the players just because I can.
>>
I think I'm gonna start a quest next week. I haven't QM'd since the /tg/ days but I've been jonesing to start one. The slower pace /qst/ has fits life (got kids now) so this seems like it'll be fun.
>>
Do any of you read my burning trash heap?
If so, what do you think about it?
>>
>>5000161
You're going to have to specify what you run, don't know based off your handle alone. There's no shame in self-shilling.
>>
>>5000166

It's this one.
>>4976072

I update twice a day every day, and i've been running since late may. It's my first quest and i've never written anything before.
>>
Critique time??
What does /qtg/ think of Born Irrelevant?
>>
>>5000173
well looking at the poster count it's one of the most popular quests on the board. i've read some of it and it reminds me strongly of banished quest, in fact its pretty much exactly like banished quest if it were set in space, the same kinds of autistic obsession with food, martial arts, magic systems (except the magic is now science) and upgrades, hell even the same cast of characters.

the worldbuilding attracted me at first, but then the power wank and shitposting playerbase turned me off from participating and the shonen-style repetitiveness turned me off from reading it past the second thread. but given the aforementioned popularity, you must be doing something right, so my "criticism", such as it is, doesn't apply. in any case, you're better off polling your players--who are actually invested in your quest--then qtg. keep going, your quest will probably become one of the greats eventually it has the right blend of quality and autism.
>>
>>5000196
It’s shit
No substance or charm to it
Thinly veined excuse of a quest that barely qualifies as english
>>
Anyone remember that star trek easter egg in fallout? Ive always wanted that expanded on. Like the Startrek people hop into fallouts dimension to rescue the crew, or the fallout people recover the technology with or without interacting with Starfleet.
>>
>>4997933
>Taste in alien women aside
Good taste though, no?
>I appreciate your archiving.
Not a problem, I'd rather not have a gap in the archives.
Hope you're working things out alright.
>>
>>5000173
I enjoyed it initially but fell off for a couple reasons. The playerbase and constant off-topic banter put me off a bit, and sometimes I felt like decisions weren't really being reflected in posts.

For instance, when we tried to get David to make a deep-fryer and make hamburgers and fries, and instead he turned into a master chef making a completely different and much classier dish. or when otehr players (not me, admittedly) wanted to seduce the cat or goblin, but these efforts were downplayed or ignored. Minor quibble, I know, but between that happening a few times and the sheer speed at which updates came, I felt less and less invested, as I missed a lot of votes and more active players seemed to have very different priorities to me, as did you.

I'll probably read it as a story sometime, if it maintained that level of quality in the writing... But participating in it as a game became a frustrating experience for me.

You're a really good writer, though, and I like your characters.
>>
>>5000368
I dipped from this one for pretty much the same reasons. I wanted to get closer to the goblin but I kinda knew it was spitting in the wind.
>>
Set 2 (Vanessa vs. Whitney) begins.
>>5000586
>>5000586
>>5000586
>>
>>4997470
Was it the college girl catfight quest from like a year and a half ago that lasted a grand total of four posts?
>>
>>5000196
The writing could be better, but I'm interested in what happens next.
>>
>>5000374
You might be shocked and pleased by the vote that just went down, in that case.

>>5000368
It's kind of hard to make hamburgers without any meat, anon. He's not about to make a soilent patties, if that's what you wanted.
And again, as far as that second part goes, something big just happened.

I only updated all day for the first few days after i made the thread, but i quickly realized i couldn't handle it and cut back to two updates a day.
I try to give plenty of time, usually several hours if not all night inbetween the start and end of a vote now.
>>
>>5000690
>It's kind of hard to make hamburgers without any meat, anon. He's not about to make a soilent patties, if that's what you wanted.

I get you and I'm just offering my input,a s you requested. It felt less like "David wants to make some hamburgers, but makes do with what he has" and more "David makes a completely different dish in great detail, which isn't similar in tone, characterization, or any real details to what was the popular vote", but that's my subjective opinion. I still thought it was well-written and neat, as all your stuff is. I just didn't feel that in that case, or many others, the votes being cast were actively molding the character's personality or preferences. That's a turn-off in a quest for me. Not in a story, though, necessarily, so I'll probably read up later!

I hope David and Kyla are having a good time. They seemed like a good match.
>>
Set 1 (Alina vs. Stanley Parble) begins.
>>5001060
>>5001060
>>5001060
>>
File: 1631425882765.jpg (112 KB, 968x550)
112 KB
112 KB .jpg
>>5001248
>>5001248
>>5001248
New post for The Graverobber's Daughter! You come face to face (or rather, mask to profile) with the Master Abbot of Scrimshaw Mount's Inquisitorial Chapterhouses, a man who appears completely unfazed by the Strangeness, who is overly ostentatious for someone who is at least on paper, a monk, and who seems to be alarmingly fascinated by fire. He has asked you for your name.
>>
I'm thinking of running a oneshot. Pretty heavily inspired in the Seedship app game.

Instead of being a spaceship controlled by an AI you are a marine captain taking a group of survivors across the Atlantic ocean in the search of a safe place after a nuclear apocalypse.

Would you guys be interested?
>>
File: 9To5eZn.png (703 KB, 2000x1500)
703 KB
703 KB .png
>>4998995
What? How could Lillith from Start Over quest miss this event?
https://imgur.com/a/2nEyB/layout/grid
>>
>>4999519
>>4999527
Digging Mindflayer Quest, but it's too fresh to really belong in a big waifu war thread in my opinion.
>>
>>5001290
Yes, nukaloha man. As long as you don't flake like a bitch.
How you doin?
>>
>>5001362
>How you doin?
Doing good. I have some writer's block. Questing always helps me unblock myself.
>>
QUEST GENERAL WAS MADE FOR BBC!!!!
POC REVOLUTION!!!!
HAITI!!!!
>>
File: 1616069909383.gif (476 KB, 500x281)
476 KB
476 KB .gif
>>5001597

>1 post by this ID

CTR getting bored with /pol/, /g/, and /fit/?

How much did you get paid for this post? Inquiring minds want to know.
>>
>>5001601
i do it for free
>>
File: NA_Sheet_wagirain.png (553 KB, 900x900)
553 KB
553 KB .png
Soon
>>
Set 2 (Naa'diss vs Daitsza) began.
>>5001670
>>5001670
>>5001670
>>
>>5001317
>futa
Ew
>>
File: 1632032031743.jpg (33 KB, 320x362)
33 KB
33 KB .jpg
>>5001317
>Futa
>>
File: 1629624785949.png (4 KB, 119x128)
4 KB
4 KB .png
>>5001317
>Futa
Yes please
>>
File: Starter.jpg (972 KB, 1920x966)
972 KB
972 KB .jpg
I'm running a post-apocalyptic quest set in the 80's.

You play as a nameless ship captain that just barely escaped the nuclear exchange and is now travelling across the Atlantic Ocean in the search of a suitable home for your crew and all the people you have taken with you.

Will you bring them to a garden of Eden where they can rebuild or survive? Or will you settle in an irradiated hellhole that will quickly kill you all?

Find it out here!

>>5002037
>>
Set 4 (Natalya vs Infiltrator) begins
>>5002044
>>5002044
>>5002044
>>
File: Orin_Temple.png (82 KB, 373x288)
82 KB
82 KB .png
I'm thinking about running a dragonball quest sometime in the not-too-distant future. I was planning on having it start about a year before the 21st WMAT.

One thing I'm wondering about is, if I should pick a starting point/location and go with it, or let the anons vote

I've been thinking of the following options

1: Satan Castle

2: Diablo Desert (Maybe working with Yamcha, maybe a rival, etc.)

3: Mt. Paozu (Either someone who grew up there, someone who got stranded there, or someone looking for Gohan hoping to train with him)

4: Orin Temple

5: West City (Maybe a classmate of Bulma, maybe a local martial artist, etc.)
>>
File: Cheetah cry tired.jpg (108 KB, 800x800)
108 KB
108 KB .jpg
>>5002486
>I'm thinking about running a dragonball quest sometime
>>
File: cellsheet2.png (873 KB, 678x875)
873 KB
873 KB .png
>>5002593
Would you be upset if I told you that I was already planning on starting one too?
>>
Set 3 (Tomoe vs Nina) begins
>>5002595
>>5002595
>>5002595
>>
>>5002607
Characters that can disintegrate the moon in seconds are completely unable to harm this character
>350 hp
>21 ac
>>
>>5002635
Yeah this sheet is hot garbage
>inb4 so is 5e
Also not wrong, but not the point either. Whoever made this clearly hasn’t played/DMd a high-level campaign before.
>>
>>4997933
>Should be good to go either once I come back from the gym tonight, or tomorrow evening to wrap everything up.
Pls kaz
>>
File: image0.jpg (51 KB, 344x250)
51 KB
51 KB .jpg
>>5002708
The patch notes for the upcoming session are...extensive, to say the least. I'm testing the new mechanics to make sure that they're not only balanced, but add some complexity to the mix without sacrificing the streamlined method of throwing dice.

Lightsaber combat just needs a handful of things to be fleshed out, but the Force power rework still needs a few tweaks.
>>
>>5000091 (me)
I realized after getting hyped that I'm going on vacation in just over a week. I guess I'll use this time to prep some ideas and some better shit and then have it ready to go when I get back.

QM curse started and I haven't even started yet.
>>
>>5003141
Just making sure it wasn’t anything more real-life than game mechanics, can’t wait to see them in action
>the Force power rework still needs a few tweaks.
This coming weekend then?
>>
The final bronze set (charlotte vs mercy) begins
>>5003600
>>5003600
>>5003600
>>
>>4985296
Add Venture Bros to the list, would be extremely fun to have a light hearted villain quest where you rise through the ranks of the Guild to get the arching rights of your mortal enemy
>>
test
>>
>>5004237
Well done. You passed the test.
>>
why do the guides say it's good to start in the action? all the good quests right now start slow as bluebrown diabetic molasses piss and increase stream flow very rarely if ever
>>
>>5004368
It's a suggestion, also written at a different time. Lots more quests back in the day competing with one another for attention, so it helped to grab the reader with a straightforward choice. Even so, do what you want. They aren't hard and fast rules
>>
>>5004368
Elaborate on that
>>
test 2: electric boogaloo
>>
>>5002538
>>5002538
>>5002538

Created this quest because I've recently been looking through the lore of the WoT books. If you've read the books or don't mind spoilers then I recommend you join up.
>>
File: lenin jesus.jpg (94 KB, 800x825)
94 KB
94 KB .jpg
Quest where the protagonist constantly transforms into Jesus Christ and other major historical figures, having an identity crisis.
>>
>>5004846
je sus the impostor
>>
File: mottin spell screen.jpg (135 KB, 1200x900)
135 KB
135 KB .jpg
Final Fantasy: Choco Rider has concluded the first arc (and thread) if anyone wants to check it out:
>>4950018

Thank goodness for AI portrait generators, or in the case of Mottin, AI landscape generators.
>>
File: Inactive Spot-Dosimeter.jpg (247 KB, 1000x1000)
247 KB
247 KB .jpg
>>5004904
>>5004904
>>5004904

Big update for The Graverobber's Daughter. Biggest update for a Quest I have ever written actually. You chose to be scanned by a Spot-Dosimeter instead of being searched by a Vestal, and the Master Abbot obliges you.
>>
>>4998371
That reminds me, how goes your fanfic btw? I'm expecting a quality product here, Elsweyr.
>>
>>5004368
Same reason novel writers are suggested the same thing.
>>
The next silver match (daitzsa vs elise) begins
>>5005169
>>5005169
>>5005169
>>
How do you know if a quest has gone on too long? What's the right point to "end" an open quest, or a story in general?
>>
>>5005519
Set a goal in-setting. Maybe it's getting the McGuffin. Maybe it's slaying the Demon Lord. Maybe it's handling the spill at aisle 5 and getting home safely. Maybe it's boning the hard-to-catch waifu. Just make sure that the end result is justified and interesting.
Don't be sad about ending a quest. There are many good quests, but the best ones are usually those with a definite end. And besides, if your readers like it so much, you can go Hollywood and belt out sequels, prequels, or spinoffs.
>>
Penultimate silver match (natalya vs catastrovania) begins
>>5005912
>>5005912
>>5005912
>>
I wish there was a jannie for qst I applied but got no response, the catalog either gets garbage from other jannies or dead quests
>>
File: 4mm2e1opm74z.jpg (88 KB, 647x900)
88 KB
88 KB .jpg
Hey, y'all. Just wanted to let any cyberpunk fans, or folks who remember the quest, that Inner District Blues will be resuming pretty soon here.

Didn't mean to vanish after my last little sojourn, but I've had a lot going on—including a move across the States to big-city living, which is something I've never experienced before. Curiously enough, and at the risk of dramatizing reality, I'm now working for an institution that's at war with the city's culture—a growing battlefront that's eroding the past a moment at a time, a bastion of science and technology that's powerless against social inequality. I'm living in a world that I could only have conceived of in writing, and I'm hoping that my experiences here will make the dystopian future depicted in Blues even more true-to-life.

If you're curious about peeking in, here's a link to the archive; I'm hoping to continue before so long, busy as I am, so give it a read while it's still an easy thing to do!

http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=IDB
>>
>>5006123
So, you’re a bloody race communist? You let that CRT crap rot your mind, you will end up creating that dystopia you dream about in your writings.

Erasing the past to change the future only makes humans repeat the mistakes of their ancestors, and ‘Progress’ that comes at the cost of the past is regressive in nature- turning back all the ethical and moral innovations that make us proud to be human, not ashamed, to only humanity’s base desires and instincts.

I wish you the best in your writings mate, just remember that social equality is a myth as large as God in Heaven, weeping at the horrors that His creations have wrought upon his fellow Man.
>>
I just wanted to say it's cool to see that waifu tournament thing that's happening. About time that something that's more of a community thing for /qst/ happened. We need more stuff like this.
>>
File: hegel big.jpg (1476 KB, 1240x1499)
1476 KB
1476 KB .jpg
>>5006181
God is real.
>>
>>5004368
>>5005097
it's actually terrible newbie advice
>>
File: bonhotalwilliamcrown1.jpg (920 KB, 1500x2000)
920 KB
920 KB .jpg
>>5006181
The very thing I hope to illustrate is that history can't simply be erased, anon—yet many futurists conceive of the idea that coexisting with advanced AI and cool cybertech rids us of our faults or renders society's flaws into new, unfamiliar forms.

I think you're on the right track, Anon, but you should be a little critical, too, in considering what it is progress looks like to you. This is decidedly not the place for that dialogue, but nonetheless I really appreciate the good wishes. It's been a fun project and I'm eager to dive back in before so long.
>>
>>5006216
Ok
>>
File: hokusai-trimmed-4000.jpg (2479 KB, 4000x2655)
2479 KB
2479 KB .jpg
>>5006566
>>5006566
>>5006566

KENSHI MONOGATARI QUEST IS BACK!
>>
>>5006578
This quest is actually criminally underrated and you should really check it out.
>>
>search word "discord"
>9 threads come up (10 with /qtg/)
Do quests need discord channels?
>>
>>5006751
No. it tends to segregate the playerbase.
>>
>>5006181
What the hell is a "race communist"?
>>
>>5006933
A class Nazi.
>>
>>5006751
I'd certainly rather not.

>>5006934
Now I only have additional questions.
>>
>>5006933
well a communist is one who wants to enforce equality between classes, so a race communist would be the same but between races?
>>
>>5006938
But you can't possibly be a regular communist in any society with multiple ethnic groups, or an international communist, without ALREADY being a "race communist". Otherwise, you just have a hereditary caste system. Further, an actual literal "abolish private property, from each according to their means and to each according to their needs" commie is by default already race-neutral. Even if some ethnic groups were objectively worse in one area or in general, well, they would give what they could, get what they need, and get the stamp of approval as long as they followed the program.
>>
>>5006945
>>5006938
>>5006935
>>5006934
>>5006933
what the fuck
>>
>>5006949
I don't know, I was super confused by the tangent about how "race communism" erases ethical and moral innovations, and wanted to know what that even was. It seemed like a fair question.

It seems like it might just mean egalitarianism, or maybe affirmative action or something.
>>
>>5006935
The typically used layman's term would be Nazbol, or national Bolshevik.

>>5006938
Communism inherently requires the total rejection of all objective reality, as it can only function when all physical and psychological differences between all men and women of all races are purely the result of upbringing and education. Thus, all humans under communist rule are forced through the same fine mesh screen, an assembly line of humans, whose singular purpose is to function as cogs in the machine overseen by the party elite. China and North Korea are just about the only countries that have managed to maintain the concept and they are both holding on by a thread over total oblivion, and in the countries that have abandoned communism, the cultural scars are so deep it will likely take many more generations for the damage to be repaired fully, if they ever mange to do so at all. It is, without doubt, the more morally repugnant and objectively bloody philosophy ever conceived of in all of human history, resulting, without fail, a minimization of human dignity, liberty, and quality of life and a maximization of human suffering and death in the most efficient manner our species has ever managed to accomplish.
>>
Can you retards shut up?
>>
>>5006959
Marx believed that industrial era society would result in mass revolts of the working class to overthrow the land owners as a result of falling living conditions, however instead, free economic practices and technological advancement resulted in improved labor conditions and rising wages over time as the first world slowly modernized. This is because Marx was an idiot who never worked a day in his life, and hated the working class people with a passion.

His equally stupid over-educated colleagues of the Frankfurt School, however, then fled Germany into France, the UK, and eventually the US where they became university teachers and developed the concept of racialized marxism. This is where affirmative action comes from, as it applies the same backwards logic double-think of cultural marxism to races instead of classes.

>>5006945
"Race neutral" is itself systemic racism under racial marxism. This is why the modern left have coined the term "actively anti-racist" because, and this is a quote, "past discriminations can only be corrected with future discrimination", that is to say, it is anti-racist to be racist against the people that used to be racist. Racial groups that used to suffer from unjust discrimination policy become the new version of the proletariat, and the ancestors of those who benefited from that policy become the new bourgeoisie, regardless of their actual class status. This is where 'intersectionality' comes into play, as all of your defining features are stripped out, labeled, catagorized, and given point value as you are quantified with a moral algorithm based on your race, gender, sexuality, mental health, debt level, education, and everything else you can think of, which adds up to your value under a racial marxist society. A mixed race, gay, transgender, mentally ill hermaphrodite is going to be the top of the pecking order, and anyone who isn't some kind of minority is going to be needlessly punished so that you never manage to do something the chosen freaks can't.
>>
>>5006976
>as all of your defining features are stripped out, labeled, catagorized, and given point value as you are quantified with a moral algorithm
the same is true in corporatist states, except the algorithm is "utilitarian" rather than "moral" (in both cases the terms are ripe with hypocrisy). neither of these systems really seem conducive to human happiness but one of them does dramatically increase the standard of living.
>>
The waifu tourney semifinals begin with Stanley vs Elise
>>5006979
>>5006981
>>
>>5006980
>But one of them dramatically increases the standard of living

Yup, the utilitarian one, every time. It's just a shame that modern corporate structures are so widely adopting marxist ideology in this regard.
>>
>>5006976
>however instead, free economic practices and technological advancement resulted in improved labor conditions and rising wages over time as the first world slowly modernized

that's entirely inaccurate. the worker's revolts of the gilded age, such as the Haymarket Riot and the Coal Miner Wars, lead to the increase in worker's rights and wages, along with the foresight of politicians like Bismarck looking to curtail communistic and socilistic influences leading to the creation of the welfare state to allay worker concerns. free economic practices and 'modernization' had nothing to do with it and have in fact lead to the gradual decline of middle and low income prosperity over the late decades of the 20th century and early 21st century, leading to our current predicament of grotesque wealth inequality and climbing rates of poverty.

It wasn't until literal bombs were thrown and the International Worker's demand of 8 hours work, 8 hours rest and 8 hours play, with a mnimum wage, became law. Until workers organized in unions and political groups, the practice was exploitation, exploitation, exploitation.

You're all being lied to by a historically illiterate proponent of the 'invisible hand' theory who is knowingly parroting their bullshit.
>>
>>5006974
No. Alas.
>>
100 million wasn't enough, 1 billion is the goal next time.
>>
>>5006991
>modern corporate structures are so widely adopting marxist ideology
i see it as part of a meta-strategy of "creating markets"--i.e actively generating new demographics for hyperfocused marketing while appeasing high-income earning liberals. that and the fact that everyone has to go through the semi-indoctrination that happens in college before they can work for a corporation (since none of them will take non-degree holders).

imo a cultural shift will only happen when higher education (for technical skills/subjects) becomes a free market--which is happening already to an extent, it's just university system is so entrenched it will take a while longer for the worm to turn.
>>