[3 / an / cgl / diy / gd / i / n / out / p / po / qst / s4s / t / trv / vip / vm / vmg / w / wg / wsr / ] [Settings]
Board
Settings Home
/qst/ - Mitsuba Archive

File: Multiverse.jpg (3475 KB, 2000x1970)
3475 KB
3475 KB .jpg
There are many metaphors for the nature of existence but the best is this. The universe is best thought of as a soapy baththub: the bubbles are the worlds, the water is the void between them, and the gods are the suds that fill the bubbles, make them interesting, and sooner or later make them pop. Right now existence is going down the drain and more bubbles are popping than are getting made but that isn't any concern for you. Yes, YOU reading this.

A new bubble has been made and YOU are one of the gods involved.

Unfortunately there's only so much godly energy to share.

Unless this is one of the most pacifistic pantheons possible it's going to get violent.

If YOU want to participate in this fill out a sheet. Doesn't have to be complicated. Everyone is getting in on the first round. Staying in will take a combination of luck, skill, and finesse.

>Name: What you want to be known by. This is not final.
>Aesthetic: What you choose to look like. This is not final.
>Goals: What you want to do with the bubble. Can include a backstory if you want to. This is not final.
>Spheres: Two parts of reality you have influence over. These can be anything. If you restrict yourself to one you get a major early game bonus. This is final but there are ways to get more.
>>
>>4984623
Name: Apothis

Aesthetic: A scaly man with a long neck and yellow eyes, carrying a willow-hewn staff and a satchel filled with the fruits of the earth

Goals: Get everyone to enjoy life and experience as much of creation as possible, especially while taking mind-altering substances, and then to bring their glorious tales to my afterlife

Spheres: Exploration and Inebriation
>>
>>4984623
>Name: Ebulo
>Aesthetic: a mass of skeletons held together in a vaguely humanoid form by vines and old cloth
>Goals: gain a piece of every being from as many bubbles as I can: even just a shade. Every living thing that is, has been and will be shall have a place in my afterlife
>Spheres: Death and growth (what’s the bonus? If it’s good I might just stick with death)
>>
>>4984623
>Name: Judge
>Aesthetic: The pale man, with not a speck of hair upon his body.
>Goals: Find war's ultimate practitioner.
>Sphere: War
>>
>>4984653
I won't go into too many details until the game has begun. That's happening either in three days or when we get at least twenty players, whichever comes first. The bonus is 50% more power upfront and a higher cap to handle it at the cost of some flavor and versatility. Doing things outside of your Sphere is much more difficult and you can reduce that by being creative but it's only so efficient. It's a heavy bonus but if it outweighs the benefits of an extra Sphere in the long term is up to you to decide.

>>4984646
>>4984653
>>4984656
Very interesting gods. I can already see some overlap and conflicts. Every one of you is in but you didn't need me to tell you that.

>The Pantheon:
>Apothis (Exploration/Inebriation)
>Ebulo (Death/Growth?)
>Judge (War)
>>
>>4984623
>Name: Garagarael
>Aesthetic: A tall humanoid with long arms and legs, with sharp teeth and purple eyes.
>Goals: Explore and see the beauty that is offered.
>Spheres: Space(teleportation if we need to be specific)
>>
>>4984623
>Name: The Drowned Man
>Aesthetic: A cloaked figure wrapped in seven nigh-unbreakable chains and impaled with seven swords. The only visible part of the figure is a swarming mass of teeth.
>Goals: It simply wishes to consume. Whether through eating everything in sight or forcing those who listen to it to be consumed by the foul knowledge it knows.
>Spheres: Hunger and Knowledge
>>
>>4984681
>>4984684
In and in. Very cool. You don't need to be specific with your Spheres, a broad one can be a slight tactical advantage but a narrow one has a minor cool factor. In the beginning a God of Cheese Dip is on the same footing as a God of Time.

>The Pantheon:
>Ebulo (Death/Growth?)
>Judge (War)
>Garagarael (Space)
>The Drowned Man (Hunger/Knowledge)
>>
File: GB.jpg (323 KB, 1200x1600)
323 KB
323 KB .jpg
>>4984623
>Name: Vulcan
>Aesthetic: A demonic figure with a perpetualy writhing mass of flesh
>Goals: To destroy all that is known
>Background: The concept of Destruction forcefully given form, it's only goal is to return the world to nothingness. The creature knows no thought or reason only eternal rage at all of creation.
>Sphere: Destruction
>>
File: Wildlife_Rusty_Koi.png (779 KB, 1000x831)
779 KB
779 KB .png
>>4984623
Name: Koypi

Aesthetic: Pic is basically what Koypi looks like just imagine it glimmering more.

Goals: What's a better way to entertain a godly figure than watching a lesser being go from Zero to Hero?

Spheres: Fortune and Luck
>>
File: l.jpg (80 KB, 840x840)
80 KB
80 KB .jpg
>>4984623
>>Name:Tok'ki
>>Aesthetic: A male form with storm clouds as hair with body markings all over
>>Goals: Create a paradise in my domain and smite all who threaten it.
>>Spheres: Life and Storms
>>
>>4984720
>>4984746
>>4984763
All of you are in. This is looking to be quite the diverse pantheon. It'll be interesting to see how the cookie crumbles.

>The Pantheon:
>Ebulo (Death/Growth?)
>Judge (War)
>Garagarael (Space)
>Vulcan (Destruction)
>Koypi (Fortune/Luck)
>Tok'ki (Life/Storms)
>>
Name: Auctus
Aesthetic: A perfect translucent sphere containing stars and constellation inside
Goals: Cultivate the world and create the perfect creation
Spheres: Time and evolution
>>
>>4984623
>Name: Aerock

>Aesthetic: An unassuming man anywhere from 20 years to 80 years old, he wears a comfy looking bathrobe and sits at a wooden desk, surrounded by dusty stacks of books, scrolls, countless trinkets and weapons, from all throughout the ages. The layout is never the same as often items are recycled between mortals as needed, rather than actually use any power to create anything new. He can be kind of lazy. A CRT television sits in one corner of the room and he idly changes channels to watch what the more interesting petitioners get up to. He can also be found reading old tales from before

>Goals: issues gifts as wanted to petitioners, provided they offer sacrifice in return. The quality of the sacrifice depends on what gifts they get. His goal is that he likes good stories to fill his books and time.

>Spheres: Travellers and preparedness.
>>
>>4984623

I thought about what I should do for a bit and had a absolutely horrible idea...

Name: Larillam

Aesthetic: A towering female humanoid, usually of a mortal species. Often looking like a noble or a slaver, with either rich jewelry and fancy clothing or practical travelers clothing with chains on their side. Occasionally appears with a mix of both.

Goals: Ensure that there is a hierarchy in the mortal plane. Everyone has their place, and very few deserve to ascend higher than the cast where they started, as it is far more often that a lord's place is to be in chains than a farmer on a throne.

Spheres: Slavery and Stature. (Words with multiple meanings are fun, aren't they?)
>>
You guys still accepting people?
>>
>>4985097
This is the worst pantheon ever
>>
File: Tressa.jpg (75 KB, 936x546)
75 KB
75 KB .jpg
>>4985110

>Name: Tressa of Wealth
>Aesthetic: A lively young girl in travelling merchants dress.
>Goals: Patron goddess of merchants everywhere wishing for safe travels and steady profit for her followers.
>Spheres: Money and Negotiation
>>
>>4985117

Cheer up kid, it's gonna get a lot worse.
>>
>>4984623
>Name: Iasto, The First Ruler
>Aesthetic: A vast vaguely humanoid figure inside a large armor made of perfectly coordinated marble mountains and solid stars, crowned by an halo.
>Goals: Ensure that many civilizations are born and are as orderly as possible, with vast organizations, laws and structure. And to one to become the greatest of all.
>Spheres: Order and Civilization
>>
damn what a pantheon
>>
>>4985124
slight edit

>Name: Tessa of Wealth
>Aesthetic: A lively young girl in travelling merchants dress.
>Goals: Patron goddess of merchants everywhere working for sucesfull negotiation and steady profit for her followers.
>Spheres: Wealth and Negotiation
>>
>>4985174
What the fuck is a temple to this pantheon supposed to look like?
>>
>>4985176
Something very weird if they are all together. Or maybe they divide every temple in multiple personal sections.
>>
>>4984623
>Name: Rest
>Aesthetic: a tall man with long unkempt hair wearing ever-changing mask and costume of various warm characters such as a loving mother or a guiding angel
>Goals: To make sure all the most interesting people, places and things can have a second chance at greatness whatever they believe it to be
>Spheres: Intrigue & Rejuvenation
>>
>>4985110
As many people as want to sign up. I'll be very surprised if half of you survive the first three rounds.

>>4985117
>>4985174
It's going to be interesting to see how this happens. There's a great deal of potential benefit to violence but at the same time, what happens is in your hands.

>>4985176
>>4985182
You're separate deities to begin. If you want to align yourselves to others, stay alone, declare yourself to be the one true god, or anything else is your own choice.

>>4984814
>>4984872
>>4985097
>>4985175
>>4985167
You're all in. Fascinating to see there are a couple of completely different spins on similar concepts, and some opposed deities. Ebolu/Tok'ki and Garagarael/Auctus for one but there are no guarantees.

>The Pantheon:
>Ebulo (Death/Growth?)
>Judge (War)
>Garagarael (Space)
>Vulcan (Destruction)
>Koypi (Fortune/Luck)
>Tok'ki (Life/Storms)
>Auctus (Time/Evolution)
>Aerock (Travelers/Preparedness)
>Larillam (Slavery/Stature)
>Iastoa, The First Ruler (Order/Civilization)
>Tressa of Wealth (Wealth/Negotiation)
>>
>>4985279
You're in too, you just ninja'd my post.

>The Pantheon:
>Ebulo (Death/Growth?)
>Judge (War)
>Garagarael (Space)
>Vulcan (Destruction)
>Koypi (Fortune/Luck)
>Tok'ki (Life/Storms)
>Auctus (Time/Evolution)
>Rest (Intrigue/Rejuvenation)
>>
>>4984623
>Name: Laquinus
>Aesthetic: A malleable Humanoid figure made up of rippling water, translucent.
>Goals: To ensure the cycle of water. Evaporation, Transpiration, Condensation, Precipitation. To Keep the Drowned man Drowned.
>Spheres: Water.
>>
Nice
>>
File: uriel.jpg (62 KB, 564x691)
62 KB
62 KB .jpg
>>4984623
>Name: Uriel
>Aesthetic: An unintelligible floating mass of appendages that outstretch from a dark core, each tendril and limb reaching out to gently touch its surroundings curiously. A collection of dim lights glow from within the core of the deity.
>Goals: To exist alone and in peace with its thoughts. To possess the power to act upon its will with no impediment.
>Spheres: Solitude and Willpower
>>
>>4984623
>Name: Gifcara
>Aesthetic: A constantly swirling mass of flesh and energy, moving without any true pattern
>Goals: Keep the bubble in a constant state of flux, never allowing one being to have full control. This paradoxically entails ensuring that the bubble continues to exist, because existence is more subject to change then nothingness.
>Spheres: Change
>>
>>4984623
>Name: Vinculum
>Aesthetic: A storming, roiling crimson miasma cradled around a multitude of yellow eyes that dart about its mass
>Goals: To join others with the bonds of familial love. To encourage the live sacrifice of mortals and animals. To exsanguinate the living and the dead.
>Spheres: Blood and Family
>>
>>4984623
>Name: Aion
>Aesthetic: An androgynous humanoid in a cloak made of stars with kingfisher wings and devil horns.
>Goals: Create civilisations, get defined by them, make them fight so the greater one rises, repeat
>Spheres: Mind.
>>
>>4984623
>Name: Pestis

>Aesthetic: A birdlike suit of armor the former mortal within having succumbed to the worst of the plague his body reduced to gore within the suit. Pestis will possess the bodies of those most destroyed by his plagues and speak through them until they succumb to the illness

>Goals: To spread his ever reaching pestilence across all worlds, for every mortal and god alike to experience the numerous plagues and sicknesses he has concocted. And to ensure the starvation and frailty of all who come ill with it. To achieve his ideal world of swarms of locusts blotting out the sky after having devouring fields of wheat and the boil ridden masses aimlessly wandering through the pools of crimson and bile until falling to their ailments.

>Sphere: Plague and Famine
>>
File: Wyrm.jpg (116 KB, 900x636)
116 KB
116 KB .jpg
>>4984623
>Name: Frakture
>Aesthetic: A massive Wyrm, jagged and frosted. It's maw drips with a slurry of ice, each ragged breath a blast of winter's wind. It's gargantuan body cracks and bleeds down it's length, cyan ichor freezing all it touches as it's divine blood drains away. It is, perhaps, not entirely of this Bubble. Perhaps it is from somewhere else, somewhere between, but through choice or accident, it is now trapped here. Melting more with each passing millenia, a god in decline.
Whether by it's own choice, or accident, this Bubble is certainly where the Wyrm will die. It knows this. How it will choose to act is beyond perhaps even it's own alien mind to know.

>Goals: The Wyrm will die. Now, or in a million Epochs from now, but it will die. This Bubble is anethema to it, and instinctively the Wyrm knows that no amount of Divine willpower or might can change this Bubble to fit whatever strange realm it once called home. It will die, this is Absolute. The Where and When is all that remains.
>Spheres: Ice
>>
File: Omnissiah.jpg (97 KB, 675x1183)
97 KB
97 KB .jpg
>>4984623
>Name: Ryher
>Aesthetic: Somewhat humanoid machine in robes. His form often changes details, once he may appear with just 2 eyes, other times with 10. He often has many pairs of hands and other mechanical "limbs"
>Goals: To gain influence over spheres of destruction, creation and knowledge.
>Spheres: Technology and logic
>>
Is this starting soon...?
>>
>>4985301
>Name: Dessa
>Aesthetic: A woman with Dark swirling hair and bright orange eyes
>Goals: To hold everything into her arms, to draw in everything in existence to her
>Sphere: Gravity, Desire
>>
>>4985374
>>4985380
>>4985389
>>4985398
>>4985412
>>4985414
>>4985418
>>4985485
You are all in, and I'm very impressed with the god concepts so far.

>The Pantheon:
>Ebulo (Death/Growth?)
>Judge (War)
>Garagarael (Space)
>Vulcan (Destruction)
>Koypi (Fortune/Luck)
>Tok'ki (Life/Storms)
>Auctus (Time/Evolution)
>Laquinus (Water)
>Uriel (Solitude/Willpower)
>Gifcara (Change)
>Vinculum (Blood/Family)
>Aion (Mind)
>Pestis (Plague/Famine)
>Frakture (Ice)
>Ryher (Technology/Logic)

At twenty-two gods, we have enough to start. I have to take care of some business but the intro will begin soon, and I'll outline the mechanics this quest is going to be running on. I'm eager to begin. The first write-up will likely take a little bit but then we'll be wide-open. If you're lurking and still want to get in, players are very welcome and will be included. The more the merrier.

>>4985489
Soon, Apothis, soon.
>>
>>4985503
That's twenty-three gods. Very nice. More than I was expecting and almost as much as I was hoping for. This is going to be fun.

>The Pantheon:
>Ebulo (Death/Growth?)
>Judge (War)
>Garagarael (Space)
>Vulcan (Destruction)
>Koypi (Fortune/Luck)
>Tok'ki (Life/Storms)
>Auctus (Time/Evolution)
>Laquinus (Water)
>Gifcara (Change)
>Vinculum (Blood/Family)
>Aion (Mind)
>Pestis (Plague/Famine)
>Frakture (Ice)
>Dessa (Gravity/Desire)
>>
>>4984623
Name: Khaos
Aesthetic: A bed of writhing serpents and pearls.
Goal: To spawn and raise offspring, however they are made.
Spheres: Fertility and Discord
>>
>>4984746
Aerock here, the resourceful traveller always relies on themselves, but a bit of luck goes a long way. What's more is some bad luck always makes for a good story. Truce?
>>
>>4985374
>ALLSHALLBEWELLANDALLSHALLBEWELLANDALLMANNEROFTHINGSSHOULDBEWELL
>>
>>4985549
I'm down
>>
Y’all can have all the cool bodies you want but I’ll still be the second oldest and first dead. Get shafted
>>
>>4984623
Name: Sloth
Aesthetic: A massive black gorilla.
Goal: To live as comfortably as possible.
Spheres: Sloth And Wrath
>>
>>4984656
>>4984814
Message to Judge and Auctus:
[Spoiler]Considering how similar our goals are, why don't we discuss a little bit. I personally think my idea will be worth hearing, if you are willing to.[/Spoiler]
>>
>>4985301
>You're separate deities to begin. If you want to align yourselves to others, stay alone, declare yourself to be the one true god, or anything else is your own choice.

The Judge rides through the darkness, pale upon the black.

>>4984653
Ebulo,

inevitably, as growth itself necessitates, death comes. Conflict is on the horizon. And there shall be great opportunity to acquire a piece of many beings. If you join my pantheon, I and my mortal followers shall provide you with the scalps of the slain, gods and mortals alike. Shall you join my pantheon?

>>4984814
Auctus,

the passing of time, and war, they are one and the same thing. There is no difference between the two. Likewise, evolution. Shall you join my pantheon?

>>4985097
Larillam,

there is no more noble cause in all of existence than for the strong to oppress the weak. Shall you join my pantheon?

>>4985175
Tessa of Wealth,

the acquisition of resources is one of war's more materially recognizable benefits, bestowed upon the victorious, and mortals cannot be expected to march in formation without reward. Shall you join my pantheon?

>>4985374
Laquinus,

war with The Drowned Man >>4985552 is inevitable. Furthermore, water is necessary for the continued existence of mortal life, which, itself, is a constant state of war. Shall you join my pantheon?

>>4985398
Vinculum,

the strong are strongest together. As long as I and my followers are allowed to keep their scalps, so that they may be gifted to Ebulo, we shall provide you with captives to sacrifice. Shall you join my pantheon?

>>4985412
Aion,

two fight: the weakling perishes, the winner prevails, strong and victorious. This is ideal. This is the very state of existence itself. Shall you join my pantheon?

>>4985510
Khaos,

additional life guarantees both war and discord. Shall you join my pantheon?
>>
>>4985485
>KNOWLEDGE?KNOWLEDGE
>ISHALLBEWILLINGTOTEACH
>IFYOUAREWILLINGTOBEASEEKEROFMYKNOWLEDGE
>ANDTOASSISTMEINRETURN

>>4985414
>FAMINE?FAMINE
>WEBOTHAREBEASTSOFHUNGER
>WITHMYKNOWLEDGEYOURPLAGUESMAYGROWEVERMOREPOTENT
>WORKTOGETHER?POTENTIALLIANCE?
>>
The write-up is done. Posting soon.

>>4985510
>>4985601
Both of you are in.

>The Pantheon:
>Ebulo (Death/Growth?)
>Judge (War)
>Garagarael (Space)
>Vulcan (Destruction)
>Koypi (Fortune/Luck)
>Tok'ki (Life/Storms)
>Auctus (Time/Evolution)
>Laquinus (Water)
>Gifcara (Change)
>Vinculum (Blood/Family)
>Aion (Mind)
>Pestis (Plague/Famine)
>Frakture (Ice)
>Dessa (Gravity/Desire)
>Khaos (Fertility/Discord)
>Sloth (Sloth/Wrath)
>>
The void is not a place because there is no context in it for such a thing as “place.” The void is the lack of “place” and of space and of time. It is anathema to reality, order and chaos have no meaning to it, good or evil are irrelevant to it, more than anything, the void can not be anything because the void is not.

Except every few million epochs, something changes in the void. This is a paradox, something that shouldn’t be but is and denies the void. At least for a time. Around the paradox, a barrier is formed and from the force of rejection, something beautiful appears. A spark of creation. The distilled potential of everything that was, is, and would and could and cannot be. It is a fount of unimaginable power and from its existence, the barrier is made stable. Not eternal but close. Within the bounds of this bubble, the void ceases to be and in its absence, something can be. Nothing can exist without something to give it shape, however, for there to be something besides nothing, a shaper must exist to bring shape into being.

Because the spark of creation is almost infinite in its potential, only once in a thousand bubbles is it focused enough that only a single shaper is made. Much more often, many shapers come from the spark, each echoing a single part of its potential. Rarely do they agree. Other times, other shapers new or old are brought from distant bubbles, drawn to the nascent creation like moths to a flame.

>(1/?)
>>
>>4985627
This spark of creation burns brighter than anything in this bubble that ever has or will ever be but in its emergence, something went wrong. The void surged, the spark flickered, and what should’ve been an inferno of creation was reduced to a smoldering ember. The shapers emerged and arrived as they were always destined to, but their power is limited and the spark won’t nourish them forever. Far from it. Even now, the spark has begun to dim. It’s up to the shapers, the Gods of this Pantheon, to fan the flames and bring reality from nothing. Even in its weakened state, infinite potential remains, but in the end of the time before time, before the beginning, there can only be one creation. None can tell which vision will reign.

The Gods have emerged.

Apothsis, a scaly creature in the shape of man, clutching a willow staff and holding a sack of fruits from trees which are not yet close to his side. God of Exploration and Inebriation.

Ebulo, a cemetery of skeletons lashed together by gnarled vines and threadbare cloth, together taking on something approaching a human visage. God of Death and Growth.

The Judge, a man that is no man, whiter than the striven snow, of no hair and steeped in blood, of a cold and dark meridian. God of War.

Garagarael, a spindly figure though far from emaciated, long of limb and sharp of tooth, with purple eyes and a strangeness to their movements. God of Space.

>(2/?)
>>
>>4985629
The Drowned Man, a bottomless fount of insight and hole which cannot be filled, which has been bound by seven swords and seven chains. God of Hunger and Knowledge.

Vulcan, a writhing mass of flesh spawned from the bubble’s paradoxical desire to return to the void from whence it came, a common archetype across the cosmos. God of Destruction.

Koypi, a long and flexible fish with scales of silver mottled by grey, fronds of cheerful blue, and eyes reminiscent of the wine-dark sea. God of Fortune and Luck.

Tok’ki, a man of hulking power, booming with thunder and crackling with lightning, tattooed with a language echoed in his strength. God of Life and Storms.

Auctus, the bubble in microcosm, perfect in its proportion and radiant in constellations, a stark contrast to the surrounding blackness. God of Time and Evolution.

Aerock, a weary man of indeterminate age, sitting at a desk already surrounded by a collection, idly thumbing through a television playing static. God of Travelers and Preparedness.

Larillam, an enormous woman to mirror her predecessor, at times bedecked in cruel opulence and at others, the tools to enforce it. Goddess of Slavery and Stature.

Iasto, The First Ruler, a vast congregation of mountains and stars bound to human shape, imperious in his crowned halo of light. God of Order and Civilization.

Tessa of Wealth, a smiling young woman dressed for travel, with an air of learned worldliness at odds with her curious eyes. Goddess of Wealth and Negotiation.

>(3/?)
>>
>>4985631
Rest, a tall man with long hair untrimmed and uncared for, clad in an ever-changing ensemble of mask and clothes, though always with a warm and welcoming motif. God of Intrigue and Rejuvenation.

Laquinus, the waters of the sea, lakes, and rivers and streams and puddles which do not exist but have found form in them. God of Water.

Uriel, a core shrouded in shadow from which stretch a score of alien and unknowable appendages, the earlier sphere’s constellations mirrored by a number of fewer, dimmer lights. God of Solitude and Willpower.

Gifcara, a chaotic mass of flesh and energy that changes with the same regularity some mortals blink and can no more be described than trapped in a mundane bottle. God of Change.

Vinculum, a cloud of sanguine flow surrounding a multitude of yellow eyes held together in a familial bond that goes deeper than mere closeness. God of Blood and Family.

Aion, a figure that is difficult to ascertain the man or womanhood of, clothed in a cloak of stars, with the wings of a kingfisher and horns of a devil. God of Mind.

Pestis, an emptied but far from hollow suit of birdlike armor, the stench emanating from it brings even deities and those which do not eat to feel a novel gnawing within. God of Plague and Famine.

Frakture, a colossal wrym wracked with chill that seems insurmountable yet on a deific timescale, seems to be receding. God of Ice.

>(4/?)
>>
>>4985632
Ryher, a mechanical creature in robes, which has no sentimentality to its previous condition and changes as he wills it. God of Technology and Logic.

Dessa, a woman with dark, swirling hair and eyes of ember, her arms outstretched to embrace a world that has not yet been. Goddess of Gravity and Desire.

Khaos, a discordant bed of wriggling serpents and shining pearls, overcome with a powerful yearning to create, of a sort. God of Fertility and Discord.

Sloth, a tremendous gorilla, as black as night, with tremendous strength and a temperament to match his bestial visage. God of Sloth and Wrath.

Which came first, none but the Gods can know, and which of them will be the last to go is as of yet unknown. They may not be the last to arrive but they, at least, are the first of the Pantheon. Each has power to themselves. A tremendous amount but far from the worldshaking might which they expected. Instinct tells them what they have will be slow to recover and that, if they wish to reach their full potential, to sup on the divine flesh and soul of their kin will yield a great reward. They eye each other warily.

>(5/?)
>>
>>4985633
>Rules:
>There is no Eternal Law but that of power. There will be no consequences for actions taken, save for those inflicted by your fellow divinities.
>Time does not yet exist but there is a paradoxical progression of events. Each Turn will be posted in two real-world days from the last. Mini-Turns for significant events can and will be more frequent.
>There is no hard requirement for fluff but it is cool, and all else being equal, a more creative approach will yield superior results to detached one-liners.
>If you do not post in three days, it’ll be assumed your god has gone dormant and will defend themselves if attacked but will neither grow nor pursue their goals.
>If your God is slain, you can rejoin the game as a different God in 10-30 turns, if the bubble has room.
>I'll be keeping track, but writing your own Essence totals in your posts would be appreciated.
>Pls inform me if I'm a brainlet and have miscalculated something at any point.
>I won’t be a hardass about getting a trip but it might be a good idea.

>(6/?)
>>
>>4985635
>Actual Mechanics:
>Each God possesses an amount of Essence. This is the power of the spark of creation. It has limitless versatility and can be used for almost anything, even things outside of a God’s sphere. Actions which don’t fall under a God’s sphere are more expensive and if challenging a God within their own sphere, a God without it will always be at a disadvantage. Such as a God of Wind attempting to create a blaze to match that of a God of Fire.
>1 Essence is enough to raise or raze a city such as Sodom. 10 Essence is enough to forge an artifact blade which knows no rival that was not made by the hands of the Gods. 100 Essence is enough to throttle the heavens and reshape creation in your image, if uncontested. In broad terminology, a one-time use of Essence for an effect is a miracle, while investing Essence into a permanent creation is an artifact. You can and are encouraged to get creative with its use. If you want to spend Essence on something and aren’t sure how much to invest to get your desired result, it costs nothing to ask and receive an estimated price total.
>Essence is divided into an Essence pool and an Essence cap. The Essence pool is the amount of Essence a God currently has, and an Essence cap is how much Essence a God can reliably store. If a God’s Essence income exceeds their cap, that God has a 1/10 chance to increase their Essence cap by 1 for each turn and for each point the Essence income exceeds their cap. In the beginning, each God has an Essence income of +2 per turn. This will be reduced to +1 after five turns, and will be reduced to +0 after ten turns. Finding an alternative source of long-term power is of paramount importance but in the immediate term, other things may demand your focus.

>(7/?)
>>
>>4985636
>Essence is simultaneously the power of a God and their life (or death) force. Reducing yourself to 0 Essence is not directly fatal but it does leave you vulnerable. This vulnerability can be mitigated by the protections of other Gods, defensive artifacts, and hiding and hoping you get lucky. If two or more Gods come into conflict, the battle is resolved by an opposed roll of 1d10+X, X being the amount of Essence each God has spent. The number that a God’s roll exceeds their opponent’s is the amount of Essence the losing God has lost. This is not gained by the winning God, it is lost, and if it drops below 0 that God is weakened, either crippled or comatose, and can be killed without contest.
>If a God wants to protect a crippled or comatose God, they may attempt to do so if they’re willing to deal with the potential consequences of challenging the God or Gods responsible. If the God responsible simply wants to escape with the corpse before they are caught if chased, it works as combat but a fatality cannot result directly and they receive a +4 to represent their headstart.
>If a God consumes the corpse of a God, which can be fluffed in any way they like to, the God immediately receives a refill equal to half of the slain’s Essence pool and an increase of 1d2 to their Essence cap. In addition, they receive the option of partially absorbing the slain God’s spheres, with a selection of three closely-related spheres tailored to the consuming God and their interests. If none of the three are liked, the God can spend 2 Essence to choose their own and if it’s related to the sphere, or the sphere as is if desired, it will be theirs. If the God does not want a sphere, they can destroy it to receive an immediate 4 Essence independent of their cap. This can exceed an Essence cap but while unspent, an Essence cap cannot increase from an Essence income. If a sphere is destroyed for this, it cannot be regained from that God in any way, it is lost to creation, though a similar sphere may arise. For example, if a God of Wind destroys a God of Fire’s sphere of Fire, the sphere as that God envisioned it is lost, but there is nothing stopping a later God of Fire from emerging.
>That's it, but these are subject to revisions if it becomes necessary, which it likely won't.

>(8/?)
>>
>>4985638
Now that the Rules and Mechanics have been explained, below is a list of your current Essence pools, Essence caps, and Essence incomes.

Best of luck. You're going to need it.

THE GAME OF THE GODS HAS BEGUN

>The Pantheon:

>[(4/4) Essence][+2 Income]

>Ebulo (Death/Growth)

>Judge (War)
>[(6/6) Essence][+2 Income]

>Garagarael (Space)

>Vulcan (Destruction)

>Koypi (Fortune/Luck)

>Tok'ki (Life/Storms)

>Auctus (Time/Evolution)

>Laquinus (Water)

>Gifcara (Change)

>Vinculum (Blood/Family)

>Aion (Mind)

>Pestis (Plague/Famine)

>Frakture (Ice)

>Dessa (Gravity/Desire)

>Sloth (Sloth/Wrath)

>(9/)
>>
Sorry boss but I don’t get one thing: are we all on the same planet?
>>
>>4985639
>>4985611
While that is an oversimplified summary of my philosophy, I will accept your offer if you can get Auctus and listen to my idea for a bit. I assure you that it is worth your time.
>>
>>4985645[
At the moment you're floating in the nothingness before creation. The world hasn't been made yet but something will emerge from the spark of creation on Turn 10. If you spend Essence, you can influence what that will be. The default is a small, barren sphere orbited by a warm sun and smooth moon. The end result will likely change dramatically. Once any Essence has been spent to influence the spark of creation, from anyone it cannot be taken away. Forgoing the use of Essence now to influence the end result is a very valid strategy.
>>
>>4984646
>>4984681
>>4984746
>>4984763
>>4984872
>>4985601
>>4985167
>>4985279
>>4985389
>>4985418
>>4985485
Apothis, Garagarael, Koypi, Tok'ki, Aerock, Iasto, Rest, Gifcara, Frakture, Ryher, and Sloth:

though we are opposed by our very natures, I do not think it is to such a degree that we cannot work together in a short term context. There exist, however, rival gods who are so existentially threatening by their very natures that it is in our best interests to set aside our philosophical differences and destroy them before they grow stronger: The Drowned Man (>>4984684), Vulcan (>>4984720), Uriel (>>4985380), and Pestis (>>4985414).
>>
>>4985653
Speak.
>>
>>4985611
Your proposal is met, vivisected, bled, and accepted.

We are in alignment, and you are taken as one of the blood. However distant our ties may be, they are sure to grow.
>>
>>4985663
Very well. The world right now doesn’t have the combatants to wage wars. We are floating in nothingness, no idea getting challenged, no ego faceing its shadow, nothing.
So, as the god of the psyche we are all endowed with I have an idea, I wish to dream of the wars to follow, to have my own unconscious be the field were heroes rise and fall, however this will leave me vulnerable. If you are willing to invest some of your essence then I can craft myself the perfect resting place from where to dream of the future and after that I shall share my knowlege with you, what do you say?
>>
>>4985611
"HE WHO JUDGES."
"I HEAR YOUR CALL."
"THERE IS ONLY ASH AND SILENCE. I CAN NOT BEAR IT."
"GRANT ME YOUR ESSENCE, AND I SHALL BEAR YOU WARRIORS THAT SHALL BEAR WAR."
>>
>>4985677
>>
>>4985657
Oh like how in Elder Scrolls some gods chose to be assholes and do nothing while the others built the world and ended up being a lot stronger?

Also, what counts as being “at the essence cap”? If I spend 2 and regain 2, am I at the cap? Or do I need to NOT spend ANY essence to be at the cap and possibly grow my cap?
>>
>>4984872
>STORIES?STORIES
>KNOWLEDGEISPOWERWISHTOKNOWMORE
>SHALLWEWORKTOGETHERTOSHAREOURKNOWLEDGE?

>>4985380
>YOURSOLITUDTESHALLBETHREATENEDBYTHOSEWHOWISHTOBREAKIT
>WORKWITHMEANDISHALLPROMISECOMPLETEANDUTTERSOLITUDE

>>4985601
>WARDOESNOTLEADTOCOMFORT
>WORKWITHMEANDMYKNOWLEDGE
>ISHALLSHOWYOUTHETRUEWAYTOCOMFORT
>>
>>4985611
My younger sibling, I hear your call. You, who are third of the gods, what is your proposal? How do Life and Death fit into your plans of war?
>>
File: The Hook.jpg (188 KB, 1280x709)
188 KB
188 KB .jpg
The Wyrm! The Wyrm! Writhing, wounded, woeful! What wasteful weakness.

>6/6 +2 = 8/6?
>7 Essence Spent
> 1/6 Essence remaining?
Is this how it works? if not, I'll spend 5, and be left with 3/6, I think.

No world yet exists, but a place of rest must be found. With power, this so called Essence, burning away within the Wyrm, it expunges itself. Purge the poison that eats away at what's inside!

And yet...

Instinct remains, strong and true, and it screeches a warning. To be wholly without the poison, the Essence, in this new realm. It is Death.

It is not yet time for Death.

And so a place of rest must be forged. Let there be, whether now in the void or when the world emerges, an earth-less mountain. Crystalline spikes shall scrape the sky, hoarfrost roots anchoring into the earth even as the warmth of the core slowly melts them. Let the Wyrm settle among it's crags and peaks. Let it coil among the spikes, and slither through the glaciers.

Let this poisonous new realm experience a touch of the familiar, for just a moment of comfort. Surely, the ice will melt soon enough.
>>
>>4985683
Exactly. There's a tradeoff between hoarding immediate power and influencing the world to come, which some might say, is more important than mere personal strength.

For your question, if a God is at 10/10 Essence with +4 Essence income and spends 4 to have 6/10 Essence, they'll be at their Essence cap when it rises to 10/10 Essence next turn. If they only spent 3 Essence to have 7/10 Essence, the extra +1 Essence would go over their Essence cap and have a 10% chance to increase it by 1 for 11/11 Essence.
>>
>>4985675
>>4985677
How much?

>>4985685
For there to be death, there must be life. For there to be life, there must be death. For there to be war, there must be both life and death.
>>
>>4985658
>EXISTENTIALLYTHREATENING?
>THEPLAGUE?PERHAPS
>THEBEINGWHOWISHESTODESTROYUSALL?OFCOURSE
>ISIMPLYHUNGERTOKNOWMORE.TOSPREADMYKNOWLEDGE.TOCONSUMEMOREKNOWLEDGE
>IDONOTSEEAPOINTINFIGHTINGYOUORYOURALLIES
>>
>>4985689
"I ONLY NEED ENOUGH TO IMPART YOUR BEING, THE VERY CONCEPT OF WAR, INTO THEIRS."
"THEY SHALL BE FIRST AND FINEST."
>>
>>4985686
The Essence income happens during next turn. At the moment you have an Essence of 6/6, so I take it you want to spend 5 to be left at 1/6, and 3/6 during next turn? I'll rule that the mountain counts as a Divine Fortress, which will give you a corresponding bonus to defend yourself within it equal to half of the Essence that went into its creation, so +2.5.

Pocket dimensions, landmarks, and anything else related to raw territory can be created but it will exist on its own, and be placed into the world when it's created. Getting one early has its advantages but that may or may not outweigh the influence a similar amount of Essence will have on the spark.
>>
>>4985689
That depends on you my friend, as of now I say 2 essence is the most I need to create my bed, however if you can convince other deities to invest then better for everyone, yourself included. You sure have the ethos for it anyway.
Remember that this visions are more helpfull than one might think, belive me. I will check to see you response later now goodbye and good night.
>>
>>4985683
To expand on the answer I gave you here >>4985688 if a God at 10/10 Essence spent 0 Essence, they would be at Essence cap and every 1 Essence income would have its own 10% chance to increase the cap.
>>
>>4985697
"AION."
"WOULD YOU LIKE TO IMPART YOUR ESSENCE UPON MY SPAWN AS WELL?"
"GREAT MINDS MAKE FOR GREAT WARS."
>>
>>4985631
(Huh, didn't expect these old rules to be taken from the bay. Let alone me to play this old version of god games again. I'm pleasantly surprised.)

Larillam quietly glanced around creation, at the other deities and at the emptiness of the world. There was a sort of order here, yet not the kind she was particularly fond of, and especially not given the nature of most of the other deities of chaotic natures...There was a nature to all things. Emperors and empresses ruled over kings and queens who ruled over dukes and duchesses who ruled over counts and countesses who ruled over barons and baronesses who ruled over servants, serfs, craftsmen and soldiers who ruled over slaves. Of course, even this was a simplification of the natural order of things, but it was something that stayed true even among deities. Yet at such an early stage, those who would rule were yet to be known. But those things would align themselves in time...For now, Larillam had some deities to talk to.

>>4985167

First, she approached the one she considered likely most aligned with her own goals, for civilization brought order to the chaos of nature, and without at least a minor ember of civilization, hierarchy and slavery could not exist. To him, she said "Greetings Iasto, the Ruler of Civilization and First bringer of Order, it is a pleasure to make your acquaintance. I am Larillam. And I believe our desires and goals are aligned. And with many other deities of a more chaotic nature, I likewise believe it is best to consider working together and cooperating so that the world is naught left a chaotic disordered mess of savagery without purpose."

>>4985175

After this she went to the merchant. Goods came in all forms, including that of mortal lives. And given her ties to civilization, along with a belief that she would be willing to cooperate with Iasto and herself, she was more than willing to have her on side as well, if at all possible. "Good day, Tessa. I am Larillam, and I am quite eager for a certain kind of trade to blossom upon the mortal realm in the near future. I'm sure you know what it is, though I suppose you likely wish for me to move on from the pleasantries and to business. I think it is in both of our best interests to work together. Such an exchange could be quite profitable and ensure that things properly form such as trade routes rather than fall apart, and I hope to have you along with Iasto as allies of sorts. I believe that you two are of an equal stature to myself after all."
>>
>>4985694
Does the .5 defense boost actually count or do anything?Or do we round up/down?
Answer the question. for other's sake, but regardless, please change my action to a 6 action cost. Divine Fortress, 3 Defense, leaving me at 0/6 this turn. Balls to the walls, let's go.
The Wyrm's blood flows ever more freely. The process of its arrival (or perhaps it was a birth, horrific as that thought may be) has left the Wyrm writhing in agony. It will recover, but for now, it experiences a taste of unmaking...
>>
>>4985693
>>4985675
Gift 1 Essence to Khaos. Gift 2 Essence to Aion.

>>4985697
Goodnight.

>>4985690
Very well.
>>
>>4985611

Once she finished speaking to the god of civilization and the goddess of trade, one of war would come to see her, one who was quite quick and direct to get to the point. "I'm a bit disappointed in no introduction, but it's understandable. It is understandable for the judge of war to take a direct and no nonsense approach to dealings. Very well. I'm willing to be allied of a sort to you, for war can bring many slaves, and the most structured hierarchy is that of an army or navy. Though, I believe Iasto would be aligned to you and I. For can a true conflict greater than a skirmish start without the city-states, empires and kingdoms to wage that which you rule over?"
>>
>>4985699
Thanks!

>>4985689
Tell me then, brother. What is your great plan to bring about all this?
>>
>With a crack into reality, Uriel fills the surrounding void with a chilling whine, like that of an echoed fog horn. Its tendrils stretch outwards, but nothing can be felt. It gasps, but there is no air to breathe. It calls, and its cry is not unanswered. This reality is not as Uriel wills it.

>>4985658
"YOUR EXISTENCE SPEAKS NO FLAW TO MY WILL. YOUR CALL TO MY PRESENCE, DOES. IF YOU ARE TO JUDGE MY NATURE SO, YOU ARE TO KNOW I SEEK NO INVOLVEMENT. YOU SEEK ALLIES OUT OF FEAR FOR YOUR OWN SAFETY, FEAR FOR YOU HAVE YET NO ARMIES WHEN ALL CAN SENSE YOUR DESIRE FOR DEATH. MY NAME HAS NO INVOLVEMENT IN THE TONGUE OF A COWARDLY GOD."

>>4985684
"YOUR DESIRE FOR ALLIES DISGUSTS ME. YOU DISGUST ME LESS THAN A GOD WHO GROVELS AT THE BEHEST OF HALF A PANTHEON. MY DISGUST IS LESSENED BY A CURIOSITY FOR THE KNOWLEDGE YOU PROMISE. MY WILL SHALL ABIDE BY THAT OF YOURS... AT A DISTANCE."
>>
>>4985712
>UNDERSTOOD
>WHENYOUWISHTOSEEKMYKNOWLEDGECALLMYNAME
>>
>>4985658
the one who wishes to destroy is... troublesome, I Must Say, Though The Others Are Beneath My Notice And Concern. i wIlL AlIgN WiTh yOu uNtIl oThEr nEeDs aRiSe.
>>
>>4985705
(Yeah, I added a slight twist to get some more variety early on. If you're curious, I was Captain Praven. Kudos for noticing. I would've PM'd Kilojoule asking if he wanted to get back in on things but he hasn't been on for almost a month now and I'm not sure if I should or shouldn't.)

>>4985706
On its own it doesn't count, but it works as a tiebreaker. Say if there's two rolls of 8+2 and 8+2.5, the latter would win by the skin of their teeth.
Very well, you have a +3 Divine Fortress to your name and, incidentally, the first creation.

>>4985711
No problem! If you or anyone else has any more questions, I'll answer them as soon as I can.
>>
>>4985710
"You are correct. Great conflicts cannot be waged without great civilizations. However, I was of the understanding that Iasto cared more for rule of law than the strong overpowering and choking the life out of the weak. If I was mistaken, then I shall gladly invite him to my pantheon." >>4985167

>>4985711
A world of life. Thriving, abundant life. Strong, hardy life, the likes of which still exists solely because it is the strongest, as it has murdered all others. And on it shall go, forever.
>>
>>4985712
"IF YOU WISH TO SEE YOUR IDEALS SURVIVE AND THRIVE, THEN IMPART UPON ME YOUR ESSENCE."
"I SHALL CRAFT MY SPAWN SOON."
"THE INHERITORS OF THE WORLD."
>>
>>4985729
"LEAVE ME ALONE"
>>
>>4985723
Hmm. That could be bargained for… in exchange for something. A land of my own, where death and growth shall be mine to command, and none of this pantheon shall touch them.
Assist me, and you will have my help for as long as you keep to these terms and no conflict is reached
>>
>>4985732
Very well.
>>
>>4985721
(Huh, didn't expect to see you here. I was Mumuski if you were wondering, so I think you can figure out who I am...Honestly looking back I'm impressed with how long it's been and how much I've improved as a writer. Or at least how much I feel I improved. Regardless, brings back memories and I'm interested to see how this turns out.)
>>
>>4985723
"I do believe he is far more focused on law, though I do not think that would blind him from war. After all, to ensure law is enforced upon another people requires force of arms. Besides, despite the savagery of war, there is order to it. In fact one could say it is an odd mix of both order and chaos. Though, I feel there is more order to it in the grand scheme of things than disarray."
>>
>>4985745
"The strong murder the weak. This is law. This is order."
>>
>>4985658
"Hm? What? Sorry, I was having a snooze. Bit tipsy, to be honest. But yeah, I suppose I can get behind a temporary alliance, even with a total buzzkill like you."

>>4984681
>>4984814
"You folks and I are fellow travelers in space and time..."

>>4984746
>>4984872
"You two like a good story, am I right?"

>>4985279
"You and I like to chill, and I bring teh best brews..."

"So since Warboy over there wants to slaughter us all and create some joyless fight-club after we're done with the Destroy-All-Cosmos Collective, what say we start our own pantheon, with blackjack and hookers?"

>>4985639
I'd like to expend one essence to create a grove in which al temporarily or permanently allied gods may meet in peace over fermented fruits, which I shall plant the seeds for in the fertile soil which I hereby create. Much more fun than bantering back and for in a void or on a dead sphere.
>>
>>4985658
Hmmm, an offer from an unlikely person but it seems beneficial for now. Fortune favours the bold
>>
>>4984720
>>4985718
>>4985732
Hunt Vulcan. I wish to gift his scalp to Ebulo.
>>
>>4985124

"Oh, and don't think I forgot about you. Is it Tessa, or Tressa? We'rw gonna need a mediator..."
>>
Rolled 7 (1d10)

>>4985753
>>
>>4985658
PAH! Such evil gods of lesser minds can go to the void and die there for all I care though numbers can defeat the greatest of strength. For now, our winds will aligned together, Judge.
>>
>>4985658
A bright red telephone rings in the corner of the desk. It wasn't there before, it might not be there after. It hasn't even been invented, but Aerock knows that one day it may be, or perhaps the life of the mortal who does will be snuffed out before he is merely a thought. Messages come and go, one way or another, and the methods are always different.

"Yes, I'm in the office right now Judge. Intriguing. War is good business. Armies will travel by land, sea and air. They must be resourceful and well stocked. We are in alignment."

Aerock hangs up the phone and a damp letter appears in an "In" box on the desk. He picks up a small dagger that will be used to slay a crook in a back alley mugging and opens it.

>>4985684
It is from the Drowned Man, written in blocky capital letters of a dialect not even conceived of yet. Taking a quill and inkwell, Aerock rips a corner of a scroll and scribbles a disagreeable reply. Knowledge of a subject often makes for a more realistic tale, but the nature of such a diety is paradoxical. A hungry man is often one who is ignorant in how to feed himself. Or worse, too proud to take desperate measures.

Aerock places the letter in the "Out" box and it disappears.

Turning the TV off, he grabs a gnarled walking stick and walks out of the door of his office and into the void. The best stories are ones you've had a hand in writing. He descends to the barren planet and begins planning on the paths of the creatures that will at some time inhabit it, leaving barefoot prints in the dust that will not fade with time. The Trailblazer Aerock walks the earth, creating trails for those who will one day follow his tracks.

>Spend one essence.

Am I doing this right OP?
>>
>>4985750
A curious buzzing comes from the pocket of Aerock's robe. He takes the box from a pocket and looks at the screen of the pager. It's from Apothis. He smiles. Drunken tales of moxie by willful explorers, and always remembering to bring the beer for a trip.

Of course we are in alignment.
>>
>>4985749

"Strength comes in many different forms, and law can and is tied to this. For men must be lead, and a pure kratocracy will falter without strength in mind as well as body. But I'm sure you know this."
>>
>>4985739
Mumuski was cool and I'm very happy to have you. And likewise, on both accounts.

>>4985750
A Sacred Site has been created for 1 Essence- The Fruit Grove, intended for peaceful meetings between the Gods. As Apothis is the Creator, he may decide whether it becomes a place in the world later or becomes its own pocket dimension.

>>4985761
Your post is all good but there's no planet yet. The spark of creation will release a world depending on the wishes, and to a lesser degree, temperaments, of the deities investing Essence into it. Right now you're floating in empty space, with no stars or matter outside of what you create. Technically, time hasn't begun yet but gods are rarely bothered by technicalities.

Do you want to spend that 1 Essence on influencing the spark to create trails in the world to come or would you like to keep it for now?
>>
>>4985767
"Strength of mind: of wit, of intelligence, yes, of course."
>>
>>4985750
The Serpent would nod its head.
"Something must be done to relieve the boredom of the inmaterium but it is quite nice that you propose an offer to me alongside our dear Aerock and Tessa. While other offers are merely due to convenience of the times, our goals align quite nicely. Shall I take this as an offer for something more permanent for our merry little band?"
>>4985766
Though Koypi is a flying fish it desperately attempted to write a letter which it eventually does after who knows how long. The contents are as followed:
"Our agreement from before is still on, correct?"
>>
>>4985769
Any rules for creating a race?
>>
>>4985753
>>4985756
Conflict has begun

The Judge has initiated combat with Vulcan!

The Judge has spent 0 Essence to improve their odds and is at 3/6 Essence.

Vulcan is at 6/6 Essence and has not yet spent Essence to improve their odds.

>>4984720
God of Destruction, how do you want to respond to the attempted attack from The Judge?
>>
>>4985639
Being dragged from the void into this spark this... existence. The void is what was home and, what I lost. Rage building in this new body, I tear off a piece of burning ember it burns my hands increasing my rage even further. Forging this ember I create my cave, my lair, my home, dark just like the void.

Spending 4 essence on creating a home.

>>4985684
If you can bring my closer to my dream, back to my void I accept.

Sloth (Sloth/Wrath)
[(4/4) Essence][+2 Income]
>>
>>4985775
There isn't a world to hold them yet but we'll play it by ear when we get there. Generally, the more competent a race is, the more Essence it costs to create. To create a race of short-lived, slow-breeding, weak, clumsy, stupid, and fragile creatures with no faith, magical talent, or other inclinations would cost 1 Essence, and that would be 1 Population Unit of that race inhabiting the world.

There's nothing stopping you from creating a race now but it might be of little use.
>>
>>4985769
A buzzing in the skull. Yes.

>>4985773
A letter appears in the pocket of the wandering god. Written in a janky halting script, he doesn't know why the fickle fish didn't just come in for a visit. He takes a ballpoint pen and writes "Of course. Care to walk with me?" He folds it into a paper airplane and flies it into the void.

Hmm. Maybe walk wasn't the right word.
>>
>Can you do multi-turn projects? like spending 3 essence over three turns if you don't want to immediately bankrupt yourself
>if so I world like to begin construction on a great meadow full of my essence spending 1 Essence this turn

>>>4985658
>So quick to act when the story's only just beginning can you not see the great wyrm dies before our very eyes how grand, How Wonderful, HOW TERRIBLE a sight! To much has happened already and yet nothing has been done your alliance wishes to stand ageist it your alliance wishes to prevent it both so vast in grace and cruelty. At this time no pact can be made until action meets word and the play truly starts

>>4985750
kind friend so close are we that glasses may be shared but please try not to dismiss the rest so soon great things are coming and only a fool looks away
>>
>>4985757
>Tok'ki (Life/Storms)
Before he could even try to create his beautiful paradise, he needs to make sure it could be protected from outsiders and vile invaders for goodness always attract evil. He meditates to free his thoughts from rage and converts his rage to the needed energy. He opens his all-white eyes and stands floating up. With his brawny arms he weaves the primordial winds around his sphere of influence. If any wish to enter his domain then they will need to get through his unstoppable storm alive. He summons the harshest coldest winds of the ancient winds; molding them into a sphere. Constantly clashing and tearing itself apart then merging together in a endless battle. For now, it will reside in his realm until it is needed
>spend essence (I don't know much, but as much it is needed.)
>>
>The thrashing of chains rings throughout the void as the mass of teeth and impaled metal begins to move. He devours the letters and calls given to him to forever remember them.

>After he has fed for the moment, he decides how to expand it's newfound energy. Without something to eat, he will surely starve. Without something to study, he will become ignorant. Both must be satisfied.

>He begins to thrash and spill out his essence into the void. Something to both feed and learn from. A well of information. A library? A library. Library. He struggles against his chains until it's essence begins to leak out of his many maws. The knowledge that he knows from what limited interaction with the other gods shall and the knowledge he has deep inside of his subconsciousness shall be recorded in the halls of the library.

>The essence begins to coalesce into what the Drowned Man desires. Halls upon halls filled to the brim with books scrawled with the information of what is happening. To keep the history of this bubble safe. And to be drowned and devoured if so needed. Kept safely stored in rustic, metallic bookcases not dissimilar to the Drowned Man's own chains and swords.

>The Seeker's Library has been formed.

>>4985769
How much essence would something like this cost?
>>
>>4985786
Multi-turn projects are acceptable. I'd appreciate if you kept track of them.

>>4985782
Sloth has created Sloth's Cave for 4 Essence, a +2 Divine Fortress.

>>4985788
That depends on how much you want to damage those attempting to enter. 1 Essence would force Gods to roll an opposed 1d10 or be weakened for a -1 malus on combat with Tok'ki on entering, unless they dispelled it beforehand. The same for more Essence expenditure. Different from a Divine Fortress, as this is a Divine Barrier, but the end result is similar.
>>
>>4985791
The bare minimum would be 1 Essence, and function as a Divine Fortress for a +0.5 bonus, effectively giving you the edge in a tied combat. You could spend more Essence to make it more effective or you could keep it and chance being able to increase your Essence cap next turn.
>>
>>4985792
(2 essence then, please. Tok'ki would really sacrifice himself to protect his paradise. But all essence would be suicide OOC)
>>
>>4985772

"Yes. For without the strategist, the many trained soldiers will be outmaneuvered and crushed, just as without the soldiers the enemy army will walk unopposed. I believe Iasto is more of mind than of raw power, but still I see him as of use to both of us in our own goals."
>>
>>4985798
Very well.

Tok'ki has spent 2 Essence on a Barrier of Storms surrounding him, leaving him at 2/4 Essence.
>>
>>4985761
A telephone, white like bone, rings.

"As long as you do not claim blood sacrifices from Vinculum, I must also ask: shall you join my pantheon?"
>>
>>4985785
As the Fish elegantly slithers in the void it sees the airplane gently gliding in the nothingness that Koypi swims around in. After watching it for a few seconds the Serpent quickly catches it in its mouth and reads the contents...
Walk? What's that? Koypi is confused but does get the general gist of the message though and soon appears before Aerock in all its fortunate glory.
"You called and I arrived."
>>
>>4985800
"He is invited." >>4985723
>>
>>4985795
Two essence. Rather have a guaranteed +1 to any potential combat than a 1/10 chance of having 7 to play with.
>>
>>4985808
Very well.

The Drowned Man has spent 2 Essence to create The Seeker's Library, a Divine Fortress, leaving him at 2/4 Essence.
>>
>>4985658
Iasto looks Judge in his eyes, and sees in it a desire of conflict, the first of his kind. In this days there will be a first for many things. Not rising from his throne, the deity speaks.

"So be it, Judge, but you must do one thing first. If you accept the need of warriors for order and civilization, then i can agree. When the first mortals rise, they will need it. Much like they will need your call in their minds for tame the world and conquer their rivals."
"I shall accept to enter in this alliance, pantheon or army of deities, as it is the first form of organization and thus order my eyes have seen."

>>4985705
Iasto looks at his fellow deity, pleased by the offer and respect given. And pleased by the two spheres she embodies, that only a true and organized society could have.

"And Greetings to you as well, Larillam Great Queen of Stature and First Emblem of Slavery. It is true, we are surrounded by their chaos that goes by eons. They are disorganized and strange, but most of them are alien to our concepts it is in their nature to not understand them. Future peoples will need to create solid societies, or like you said savagery will roam the lands that will be, forever in a endless cycle. With the two of us, we will put an end to that endless cycle before it begins."
"I accept your offer, Larillam. And i look forward, for the creation of the first cradle of civilization together."
>>
G̷͍̿i̴̛̬f̶̠̓c̶̢̿a̷͇͠r̸̼͌a̵̋ͅ looks upon the creations of the other gods and finds them good. However, she finds something to be... lacking.

The gods will create change in their own ways, but they are few in number. Better for there to be many intelligences, each unique from the other, to keep the change eternal.

With this in mind, he rips off a piece, a speck, a mote of flesh and divides it even further.

They watch as the flesh takes on a mind, a life, a being of it's own. Desiring it to be even greater, to have the potential of the gods, G̸͎̖̒͛i̵͈̽̆͜f̴́ͅc̶͎͜͠a̸̻̻͒ṙ̶a̷̠͒̚ takes the time to pump more Essence in over time.

Going to take multiple turns to create a race of shapeshifters
>6/6
>3 Essence Spent
> 3/6 Essence remaining
>>
In the ashes of creation, a bed of writhing serpents and shining pearls eyes the Judge's gift with intrigue.
It's a strange sensation to posses the essence of another in you, to understand with complete clarity at least a part of a foreign existence, and the Judge's existence was war.
It's more than just violence for violence's sake. It's the strength behind every strike, the skill that allow such actions, and the intellect that guide every single step.
"YES. THIS WILL DO."
The serpent's head pressed the essence into one of it's shining pearls and coiled around it. Soon the ash would be swept away and the silence drowned out by the sounds of their spawn.
3 Essence Spent.
2 Essence Remaining.
"SOON MY SPAWN. I MUST FIND A CRADLE FOR YOU FIRST."
>>
>>4985811
"Of course. I have already gifted Khaos with Essence, to create spawn, who will be warriors without equal." >>4985818
>>
>>4985805
"Ah, hello Koypi, good to see you. So I'm in the middle of planning some roads and trails and had the idea of some sort of rest stop for weary mortals down on their luck. Perhaps we could pool our resources and make a grotto for them?"

A funky tone from a cracked cellular phone plays from the pocket of Aerock's robe. It's from the Judge. "One second Koypi."

>>4985802
"No Judge, I've no interest in Vinculum's affairs. Blood is so cheap that mortals are practically factories of the stuff. It's almost useless and nobody will ask for it. I hear some rumbles in the distance, are you and Vulcan at it? You need some help? I have Koypi here with me."
>>
>>4985686
"IASTO."
"YOU SEEK TO CREATE CIVILIZATIONS? I HAVE THE PEOPLE. BUILD THEM A LAND AND YOU SHALL HAVE YOUR CITIES AND LAWS."
>>
>The crimson miasma spins and careens according to its own devices, being sought out for partnership by the circle of War without even needing to lift a finger, oh, grand.

>It pulls at itself and takes a vaguer shape still, the blood running thick as his influence grabs hold of the stirrings that will one day become the world, a single unfathomably potent drop of blood added to the mix, containing one of the energetic yellow eyes of the nascent deity

>It is of him, he is of it, the blood joins them together, Vinculum are they both.

>His great exertion ended, at least for now, the excited and now partly blinded god bides his time and waits to observe the fruits of his labour

3 essence into shaping the spark of the world-to-be.
>>
>>4985658
Vulcan's mind is that of paradoxes, he is a being of Destruction yet he was created, his thoughts are of destruction yet he creates them, and now an alliance of creation seeks his destruction. This alliance of destruction has created something within him, reason.

"WITHOUT CREATION THERE CAN BE NO DESTRUCTION. WITHOUT DESTRUCTION THERE IS NO CREATION. I AM THE SCULPTER DESTROYING TO CREATE. JUDGE, THE POWER GRABBING MURDERER SEEKS NOTHING BUT THE CREATION OF HIS OWN WEALTH AND POWER. HE IS THE MEEK TARGETING THOSE HE SEES AS WEAK. JOIN HIM AND CREATE YOUR DESTRUCTION OR DESTROY HIM AND CREATE YOUR OWN FUTURE, THE CHOICE IS YOURS.
>>
>>4985773
>more permanent
"Yeah, you're always welcome in the grove. I'll dig you Koypi Pond."

>>4985786
"Eh, a good war story can be fun. Just so long as it doesn't consume everything else... Ah, shit, he's already picking a fight. Who wants to place bets? Tessa-Tressa, I bet you're g99d for a wager?"

>>4985792
Can we wager essence?
>>
>>4985833
I'm not sure if you've seen this yet so I'll post it so you don't have to go through the thread. >>4985776

>>4985834
Yes you can! Essence gained through a gift or wager counts the same as Essence gained by consumption of a slain God exceeding the Essence cap total.
>>
>>4985807

"Wonderful to hear. I suppose you likely have more business to attend to than merely myself so I shall not hold you any longer. Good luck in your endeavors."

>>4985811

"I'm quite pleased to hear this. Though I expect nothing less from the god of civilization and order. For civilization brings with it great minds of all varieties, martial, political, theological, economical and much more. Still, if you wish to work together on a project to make the mortal realm more than the void it is do let me know, as I'd be quite pleased to help. Though, I believe a good start would be to bring the light of order to the dark emptiness that permeates the majority of this existence. Perhaps we can get the silver tongued Tessa to assist in this, and while I would appreciate the Judge of war's assistance, I believe he will be quite... busy with activities related to his own nature."
>>
>>4985828
"We are, yes. Your assistance against the destroyer would be appreciated. My only conditions are that the scalp goes to Ebulo, and that I consume the body."
>>
>>4985776
When can essence be spent to improve your odds? When rolling?
>>
>>4985838
"I also wish to sacrifice Vulcan to Vinculum, once he is weakened, before I consume his flesh."
>>
>>4985841
It can be spent to improve your roll beforehand, but not after. If you were to spend say, 2 Essence, you would receive a +2 to your roll.
>>
>Spend all essence except one on the creation of Pestis' first plague.

In the endless black expanse of space a cruel force of nature makes itself known, its essence welling up in the black abyss. Brilliant streaks of green light spread through his section of the void, like cracks across glass. Coalescing into a brilliant explosion of light breaking through the veil. Basking a single figure in its presence, illuminating the vast nothingness before it in a sickly green hue.

The plague god arrives in his grand cloud of miasma, swathed in the noxious flu spewing from the cracks of light and into the void. The first of many plagues to be spawned from his hand. He makes his presence known, his sickly gurgling morphing into a legible voice for all those he intends to hear his message.

"To those who oppose the most chaotic aspects of our nature, and fear its honest brutality. May a most vile sickness be brought forth for you all to see, may it spread and be cultivated across this realm."

The foul god finishes his blessing and looks over his creation in awe.
>>
>>4985838
"Hey hey, nothing is free. You take his scalp but I want half of his essence. And if Koypi wants to help it's divided by thirds. I've already felt your exertions and Vulcan has more to go off of. Take it or leave it Judge."
>>
>>4985848
Pestis has spent 3 Essence to create a Divine Artifact, The First Plague, a combination weapon and armor worth a permanent +1 bonus in combat. At his discretion, this can be rescinded to a weapon or armor worth +1.5 in either offense or defense, as he prefers.
>>
>>4985830

Words...

What witless wonders, whittling what would be whole into weedy wicks to weakly wring worth from.

But if the Wyrm is to live (Ha, for how long?) in this strange place, then it must adapt. Adapt or Die, someone said, or will say. The Wyrm is beyond such mortal choices, though. It will Adapt, and it will Die.

But now, it will speak. Not in words, for words are beyond it, too alien to imagine or understand in such a weakened state. One day, it may try, but the Wyrm is a being of naught but raw essence now.

>people mystery unknown different wrong
>civilization grand scale massive complex overwhelming
>unity harmony life growth change ?
>new unknown fear excitement hope loss death inevitable

As the spiked pillars of ice twirl in the infinite darkness, the Wyrm comes to rest among them. Blood seeps up and down, as much as there is an up and down in the endless expanse, coating the Wyrm's first and greatest creation. It is time to rest, now. Whoever or whatever has spoken to it, must understand the Wyrm is spent. It will recover, if only a little, but perhaps one day it will flicker once more with effort.
>>
Rolled 6 + 3 (1d10 + 3)

>>4985776
DESTROY DESTROY DESTROY DESTROY DESTROY DESTROY DESTROY DESTROY
>Spend 3 essence to help kill the Judge
>>
>>4985828
>>4985834
Koypi would quickly start thinking about his proposal before coming to a realization. just as he receives a message from Apothis.
Koypi waits patiently for Aerock to conclude his business before speaking up
"Apothis has already constructed a Grove and we have both already agree to his friendship, why don't I contribute to it instead of creating something entirely new? Think of it has a sort of home for our kind."
>>4985849
Koypi at this point already got the essence (get it?) of the conversation.
"Let us focus on one thing at a time, but I will say that I rather not see everything be destroyed before anything begins."
>>
>>4985857
>>4985849
"Very well. We'll split it, the three of us."
>>
>>4985825
"That is good then. As it should be"

>>4985830
"The first are already ready ? I will see about it, even if something else must be done first."

>>4985837
"Yes, I would like to craft a cradle for the first mortals. A place for them to start immediatly their growth, and for the first society to be made. Both of us will make it, perhaps even the first of many if we wish to work further together."
"You say a light of order ? it could be done. It will bless the lands that will be, and the people that will inhabit them. And inevitably in their minds the thoughts of the civilized will appear."
>>
>>4985865
"YES. THEY ONLY REQUIRE A CRADLE."
"I CAN GIVE MY ESSENCE IF YOU CAN CREATE ONE FOR THEM."
>>
>>4985753
>>4985756
>>4985857
In a storm of bottomless hate and malice, Vulcan falls onto The Judge!

The Judge has superior technique and on that merit alone, he might have overcome Vulcan, however, The God of Destruction's raw strength was too much for him to bear!

With a sound like the nonexistant earth being split asunder, The Judge is stricken back! His knife, intended to take Vulcan's Scalp falls aside and he is bested, but not yet slain! A great wound is on him and The Judge is left vulnerable! Perhaps too vulnerable.

The Judge rolls a 7+0 against Vulcan's roll of 6+3!

Vulcan is VICTORIOUS by 2 points!

The Judge has been reduced to 1/6 Essence!

Vulcan has 3/6 Essence remaining!
>>
>>4985865

"Yes, though such a light may not be a place that they will be able to walk upon with ease. Instead a place they can witness but very few ever hope to reach. A place that gives warmth to the entire realm and seen from everywhere. Something to allow civilization to have the light required for both sight and crops...It will be something that helps all deities that care for creation, but it shall be something that is ours. A servant to order...I believe you can tell what I desire."
>>
>>4985844
“Unforgotten then, I remain. Pleasing.”
“A first family dinner, between siblings, perhaps that is what we are, or were, or will be.”

“Or perhaps it is too early to tell our roles, though for now I think the title fits.”

“When you have caught your meal, do not hesitate to gift it’s drink, I care not terribly for power, not yet.”
>>
>>4985867
"If anyone will take me up on my wager, I'll bet a point of essence on Judge. I'd help, but it seems the spoils are already divided, and I wouldn't want to put my thumb on the scale."
>>
>>4985848
>CONSIDERMYMESSAGEHERE
>>4985617
>>
>>4985867
G̶̝̯͗̒̏̚ị̷͕̇͐̔ͅf̴͕̪̖̍͜c̷̘̎̿̈͝a̶̞̐͝r̶̀̒̂ͅą̸͎͎̫̏ looks upon the first battle with interest.

"It appears that his plan was not as well thought out as he believed"
>>
>>4985867
>The drowned man thrashes against his chains as he watches the battle. He watches on with intrigue and lets the knowledge of how this battle went down spew forth into the library.

>INTERESTING.DESTRUCTIONBEGETSDESTRUCTION.ISWARNOTDESTRUCTION?
>>
>>4985380
I HAVE TORN YOUR ENEMY ASUNDER, JOIN ME IN HIS DESTRUCTION AND I WILL FOREVER BE IN YOUR FAVOR.

I want to be allies
>>
Rolled 2 (1d10)

>>4985867
>>4985886
The Judge retrieves the knife, and goes for Vulcan's scalp once more.
>>
>>4985859
"You're right Koypi, let's focus on one thing at a time."

Perhaps Aerock will make a path to Apothis' Grove. Koypi can add the fortune to find it, and maybe we can get Rest to bless it. Combined, it would make a very cool temple.

>>4985860
"Good call Judge. We're coming over. War is business but destruction is just a buzzkill."

Hanging up the phone, the Walking God takes a step, travelling through bent space and time, appearing beside the grim Judge. The walking stick is no longer just a stick: it is a quarterstaff. Humble companion to any seasoned traveller, versatile in use, and mighty in skilled hands.

I'll add 2 essence for Judge's benefit.
>[(1/4) Essence][+2 Income]
>>
>>4985889
Apothis is always down for a groovy collaboration.
>>
>>4985889
Are you adding +2 Essence for The Judge's benefit or are you participating yourself, with a +2? The former can be done at no cost, while the latter carries significant risk but could be more effective.
>>
Rolled 1 + 2 (1d10 + 2)

>>4985889
Forgot my roll
>>
The god of plague floats through the abyss marvelling his creation, analyzing the intricacies of his creation. It would be the foundations of his masterwork. However, something so grand can not be made alone allies are a necessary part of operations in a world as chaotic as this one.

Pestis begins to communicate with one of the few gods he believes share some of his motivations.

>>4985879
"Of course brother, the pursuit of knowledge is an honourable one. With your work my creations may reach their full potential."
>>
>>4985893
Gotcha. Thank you for clarifying >>4985892
>>
>>4985869
"I can, Larillam. The first servant, that obeys our will and brings light upon all. Let us see is creation then"

///
What you suggest for essence to spend on the light ? I was also considering to make a cradle for the first's of khaos. We could make :

- light 2 / 2
And then the cradle
- cradle 2/2

Or we could concentrate on the light first and foremost
>>
Rolled 4 (1d10)

>>4985888
RIP AND TEAR, RIP AND TEAR, DESTROY DESTROY DESTROY
>Kill the Judge
>>
>>4985897
I'm going to need a roll in response to >>4985893 as well.
>>
>>4985895
How does multi attacking work do these count as separate battles? Can I choose to spend essence on only one battle?
>>
>>4985897
"Yikes, beginning to feel glad that nobody is matching my bet."
>>
>>4985889
I'm down to surround the temple you guys make with my meadow but it will be a few turns until it's done
>>
>>4985894
>UNDERSTOOD
>KNOWLEDGEOFALLTYPESISUSEFULTOME.WHATCAUSESADISEASEANDWHATITDOESFORINSTANCE
>MYLIBRARYMAYBEUSEFULTOYOU
>>
>>4985888

Quietly watching as the Judge of war charges again, and noticing his wounds causing him to falter, Larillam would shake her head. "I'm almost tempted to wager that the god of destruction will last... I know if the judge falls to the raw power of the antithesis of creation another will take his place, and sooner or later he will be brought to kneel...I suppose the question is how many he will undo before then. None or some?" Giving a slight pause, she'd look to the judge and watch the fight intensely with curiosity. It was a good show if anything else.

>>4985901

"I know it might be unwise, but I believe I'll be taking that bet, if you won't back out of it."
>>
>>4985901
“Do I count that as an invitation this late in the proceedings, or am I mistaken?”
>>
>>4985899
Because this is defensive on your end, these count as the same battle. The Essence spent contributes to both duels, though you didn't say to spend any before you fought The Judge I wasn't clear on this, you can retroactively spend some Essence or choose not to. This is only due to the lack of clarity on my end regarding multi-battles.
>>
Rolled 7 (1d10)

>>4985886
>>4985888
>Uriel gazes onwards, nervously. The naive God knows not how to respond, having been placed in the spotlight far more often than anticipated. Uriel knows nothing but its own, burning, WILL to undo what desires to disrupt its solitude.

>Assist Vulcan in combat, no essence bonus. Not sure if this gets directed to The Judge or Aerock at this point.
>>
I request protection from one of my many allies, with the guarantee that I will create a world bountiful with strong life. Death, bloodshed, oppression, conflict: the essence of life itself.
>>
>>4985913
Give me a sec.
>>4985910
Would putting my spawn in the fight help at all?
>>
Rolled 8 (1d10)

>>4985893
ANOTHER FOOLISH GOD WISHES TO BE DESTROYED
>>
Yeesh, could really use some of that fortune Koypi.
>>
>>4985914
They aren't an Artifact but they are Divine and I'd say they confer a +1 bonus, with the caveat that if you're defeated by any amount, your spawn will be destroyed in the effort.
>>
>>4985903
"Hey, take it easy. No rush, no harm, no foul. Have a drink! Stay hydrated and mellow while you work."
>>
>The drowned man watches on in...disbelief on what's going on.

FOR GM EYES ONLY
So, how many crippled/comatose gods can you potentially steal to consoom later? I assume only one. I'm mostly asking since Vulcan and Uriel are pretty much punching the shit out of the Judge.
>>
What the battle looking like? Who is with Vulcan and who is with Judge?
>>
>>4985907
>>4985909
Putting one point of essence in the pot, for the winner(s) to take.
>>
>>4985888
The battle is observed by an unamused Pestis.

"And the fool charges in yet again after provoking a force too strong for him. If this dunce is our infallible god of war i fear for this universe, truly."
>>
>>4985925
"I'd also like to specify: I would expect that anyone who takes my bet will do as I have done, and not join the fray."
>>
>>4985925

"In that case I will put one as well on the god of destruction winning this first fight...A shame too, I did like the Judge. But alas, not all are masters. I do hope he proves the doubt I have at the moment wrong...But it exists for a reason."
>>
"Why do they fight when they can create?"
Tok'ki is befuddled by the warriors.
>>
>>4985937
>WARANDDESTRUCTIONISTHEIRHUNGERTHEIRDESIRE
>THEYWILLATTEMPTTOFILLTHEIRHUNGERNOMATTERHOWDIRETHESITUATIONBECOMES.
>>
>>4985937
We fight so that we can create. I'm more surprised the others are making bets instead of stepping in.
>>
>>4985929

"War is tied to destruction, yet destruction not tied to war. At first they were even, but there was a clear mistake he made in when he chose to charge...He should have conserved his energy before moving in for the kill."
>>
>>4985937
Vulcan desires destruction, hence why he must be killed. If you do not aid us, he will come for your paradise.
>>
>>4985896
Well i am off to rl sleep, Larillam tell me what you think here so we can see about it tommorow.
>>
The serpents uncoil and from within the writhing mass emerge the first mortals.
They are like their proginitors, serpents that walk on two legs, with slashing claws and piercing fangs. Their white scales are like armor, but they move with the speed of a stream.
"BEHOLD MY SPAWN. THE FIRST AND FINEST!"
"THE KHAONS!"
>+1 from the Khaons.
>+2 from Essence.
>0/4 Essence Left
>>
>>4985925
“I jest, in full or in part.”

“I am busy with my works, these games of yours I will watch however. I have eyes enough to look in the directions of all my scattered siblings.”

“While I may not participate directly, count me interested in the proceedings.”
>>
I have contributed Essence to Aion, in the interests of us all. Vulcan has done nothing but destroy.
>>
Rolled 7 (1d10)

>>4985943
Shoot forgot to target and roll.
>Devour Vulcan
>>
>>4985937
>>4985941
"Judge makes a decent point, Stormy..."

>>4985939
"He picked the fight without even sitting down to plan! I'm not just going to put down a half-finished drink and stop gardening because Warboy is impulsive... And Vulcan seems like he's had an epiphany about not turning everything to ash, anyway."
>>
>>4985888
>>4985897
Ever merciless, The Judge takes his knife in hand and lunges back into the fray!

For a moment they struggle, and it is the struggle not of cataclysmic powers at battle, but the quiet hate of two bitter foes wrestling one another in a ditch.

Eventually, Vulcan seizes the upper hand and slashes The Judge across his throat with a blade of gristle and bone!

Choking, The Judge staggers back and succumbs to his knees. He gurgles ichor and his eyes close.

Though he is not yet dead, he is close, and with The Destroyer looming over him, he may be in peril.

The Judge rolls a 2+0 against Vulcan's roll of 4+0!

Vulcan is AGAIN, VICTORIOUS by 2 points!

The Judge has been reduced to [-1/6] Essence!

The Judge is COMATOSE

Vulcan has [3/6] Essence remaining!

>>4985893
>>4985917
>>4985912
Sensing that The Destroyer has the upper hand, Aerock morphs his walking stick into a quarterstaff!

He lunges into battle, swinging with a rare, furious force, and smotes Vulcan atop his skull before he can sink his fangs into The Judge!

However, as Vulcan turns to face his new foe, it seems his cries were not unheard, as Uriel bursts from the shadows and falls onto Aerock with a feral tenacity!

Taking no quarter and given none, Vulcan roars in assent and charges Aerock, who fights fiercely against his enemies but cannot best them both!

Between the wrath of each bestial deity, Aerock is dismembered and drops his staff beside his fallen body.

He is not slain, but he has been savaged beyond savagery, and recovery, if it comes at all, will take time.

Above the fallen, Vulcan and Uriel gaze into each other's eyes. An unlikely alliance...?

Aerock rolls a 1+2 against Vulcan's roll of 8+0 and Uriel's roll of 7+0!

Vulcan and Uriel are VICTORIOUS by 12 points!

Aerock has been reduced to [-10/4] Essence!

Aerock has been DISMEMBERED

Vulcan has [3/6] Essence remaining!

Uriel has [4/4] Essence remaining!
>>
>>4985937
Through destruction there is creation. I will destroy all those who wish to stop this process. Join a losing battle or work with me towards the future.
>>
>>4985896

"I believe the light should be created first and should be the focus of our efforts so it is something worthy and capable of what we desire. But something is missing. A name, and an appearance. I have an idea for the latter, that being a pillar of light in the sky, but I wish to hear what you have in mind."
>>
>>4985949
Can I spend any essence to fetch Aerock's head, to preserve him in whole or part?

Currentky at [2/4], having lost my bet. The lost point can be taken by Laraillam, it seems.
>>
>>4985949
check >>4985921 in case you missed it
>>
>>4985921
FOR EVERYONE TO SEE (because it's relevant to everyone)
A God can run away with one corpse at a time, if they have a lair or refuge, such a Divine Fortress or Sacred Site, they could potentially stash one there and go for another, but consuming it might be more efficient.

>>4985955
You can spend Essence to give yourself a bonus to recover his body, or to grant yourself a bonus defending him. That's assuming that Vulcan or Uriel want to take it, if neither of them care, you could do it for free.
>>
>>4985955
(Actually I need to ask the QM with regards to this, if I gain essence above 4 right now, will I automatically proc the 10% chance or will I only do so at the end of the turn if I don't spend it this turn?)
>>
>>4985958
What happens if two gods try and steal a body from a third god at the same time, only one who posts first gets the +4?
>>
>>4985949
>The rattle of chains rings out through the void as the Drowned Man wraps them around the body of the Judge and rushes away with it to consume it in peace before the others make their move

>1d10+4 for the roll, right?

>>4985958
Fair enough. Just didn't want anyone getting any stink eyes at me before I made my move.
>>
>>4985959
If you gain more Essence than your cap, you can hold it but you won't gain your Essence income as you already exceed your cap. You can spend your winnings on something longer-term or give them away as you please. If you're so inclined, multi-turn projects are permissible, such as Rest's 3 Essence meadow.
>>
Rolled 5 (1d10)

>>4985958
Vulcan is under attack by Khaos, so if Uriel will allow me to collect my friend... Well, it doesn't seem Judge will be requesting any further assistance from either of us.
>>
>-10/4 essence

Holy shit lmao, brutal. Well as much as I'd like to keep playing this god, unless someone gets me outta here I'm consoomed.
>>
>>4985964
Can I roll to consume or save?
>>
Rolled 9 (1d10)

>>4985963

With a slight sigh at the sight, Larillam would attempt to try and stop the act of thievery and deicide that they were about to witness...It wasn't that much of an attempt, but it still was one...
>>
>>4985962
The God standing or floating or crawling, present at, the body gets the +4 if they choose to run.

>>4985963
>1d10+4 for the roll, right?
Nope, the +4 applies to the God standing directly over the corpse, the victor. That's only if they choose to run. If they would rather fight, combat proceeds as normal unless you don't want to fight over it.
>spoiler
See Rule #1
>>
>>4985949
>Obliterate Aerock
>>
>>4985968
Doing my best! Well, maybe not my BEST, but trying.
>>
>>4985971
>>4985970
Hm. Would this count as combat for the +1 from the library or? Not liking my odds here.
>>
>>4985970
(Just a note, this is to try and save the Judge from the drowned man specifically.)
>>
Rolled 8 (1d10)

>>4985970
"I shall help you, mistress of slavery, though I do not like your influence..."
>>
>>4985972
Don't forget that
Khaos is attacking you, too:
>>4985947
>>
>>4985980
(If Vulcan isn't distracted, I'm prepared to fight over it.)
>>
>>4985976
(If it does, that'll be all the more fun, since I think I kicked you hard if that's the case.)
>>
Rolled 4 + 1 (1d10 + 1)

>>4985949
>>4985972
>>4985967
>I would like to kill The Judge. Spending 1 essence

"I JUST WANT TO BE LEFT ALONE"
>>
Rolled 10 + 2 (1d10 + 2)

>>4985947
>Defend against Khaos
Spend 2 essence
1/6 Essence remain
>>
"I REALLY NEED SOME HELP HERE."
>>
while I wait for the QM to respond before I make my roll

>>4985990
wait doesn't that knock Khaos clean out? I knew he spent some essence this turn.
>>
>>4985947
The Conflict has escalated!

Khaos and his Khaons have initated conflict with Vulcan!

Khaos has spent 0 Essence to improve his odds and is at [0/4] Essence!

Vulcan is at [3/6] Essence and has not yet spent Essence to improve their odds.

>>4985972
God of Destruction, how do you want to respond to this attempted attack by Khaos?

>>4985976
>>4985970
>>4985979
You aren't in The Seeker's Library at the moment, so no, but you aren't trying to fight either, you're trying to steal The Judge's corpse. Tok'ki and Larillam have beaten you off of it, as per their rolls, though because none of you were at the fight I'll interpret that as them tackling you mid-sprint to devour The Judge.

Now, as for whether that ensues in combat, is up to them.
>>
>>4985971
I'm really confused on what I need to roll now. What do I need to defend and can I help my ally?
>>
Rolled 6 + 1 (1d10 + 1)

>>4985988
Am I under attack? I'm only interested in a fight if it's required to safeguard Aerock, in which case my roll is... Attached.
[1/4 Essence]
>>
>>4985979
>>4985970
>FINE.LETTHISFOOLNOTBEEATENBYME.IASSUMEYOUWISHTOEATHIMFORYOURSELF?
>IHUMORNOTACONFLICTBETWEENUS.HAVEYOURUSELESSHUNKOFFLESH.
>>
>>4985998
I actually spent two points. . . Do we need to roll again?
>>
Rolled 1 (1d10)

>>4985968
A tendril of viscera emerges from the armor of pestis and lunges towards the body of Aerock, the consuming of the battered god would be great fuel for future plagues. Perhaps an infernal laboratory? How pleasant. Provide the consumption goes off without interference
>>
>>4986007
Definitely interfering.
>>
>“They’re all just… running around, killing each-other over there…”

>“I’m just going to stay largely out of this… for now…”
>>
>>4986000
Gimme a sec to process here-

So, the current sequence of events-

The Judge attempted to scalp Vulcan but was beaten back,

The Judge then attempted to scalp Vulcan again but was slashed in the throat and sent Comatose,

Aerock attempted to intervene but Uriel showed up and between the two of them, Uriel and Vulcan left him Dismembered,

The Drowned Man tried to sprint to seize The Judge's corpse to devour it but was intercepted by Lamarill and Tok'ki,

And Khaos attacked Vulcan, but... yeah.

Not much more to roll.

>>4986006
Nope, I didn't see his response when I wrote that.

>>4986002
If nobody wants to consume the corpse, there's no fight, otherwise, you'll engage in combat.

By the way, Vulcan and/or Uriel, do either of you want to attempt to consume The Judge or Aerock?
>>
>>4986006
We both rolled. You got a 7+3 (2 from essence and 1 from minons) and I got a 10+2. There is no need to roll again.
>>
well damn I sure picked a time to eat anyway I think I'm gonna call it a night but as one last act my god's whole shtick is giving people a second chance if he found the interesting unfortunately he busy with his meadow and the conflict didn't interest him so no freebies but if people retrieve the body and give him Essence he'll use his rejuvenation powers on them in an one for one trade
>>
>>4986010
"If I survive this and if you won't eat Aerock while he's sleeping his death off, you're welcome in the Grove, senpai!"
>>
>>4986007
(bruh)
>>
>>4986005

"He still has his uses, and while I'm sure taking his essence for my own would be wonderful for my power, I will not betray an ally. That would be very unbecoming and improper...He may yet die, but for now he lives, and that is all that matters at the moment."
>>
Rolled 8 (1d10)

"Cease your primitive hunger, lurker. I wish to revive those slain who I deemed good."
>>4986007
Tok'ki throws a wind charged with static to stop Pestis from eating the corpse. (Or quickly fly over punch the tendril away if I need to use essence)
>>
>>4986002
>>4986013
I am actively attempting to consume The Judge. I don't want to attack anyone else
>>
>>4986013
If I lose a fight to consume him will I go comotosis?
>>
>>4986021
>AREWEINAGREEMENTTONOTWASTEANYMOREOFOURENERGYINAUSELESSBATTLE?
>IFSO,ISHALLFINDSOMETHINGELSETOCONSUME.SOMETHINGLESSGUARDED.

>>4986022
>FEH.GOOD?HELOSTUTTERLYDUETOHISINCOMPETENCE.HAVEITYOURWAY.IDESIRENOTTOBEEATENBYYOU
>>
Rolled 5 (1d10)

"MY. . .my spawn. . ."
"you killed my spawn. . .you killed my spawn. . .youkilledmyspawnyoukilledmyspawnYoUkIlLeDmYsPaWnYoUKiLleDMySPAWN!!!"
>Try to eat Vulcan alive.
>>
If you motherfuckers eat me I'm coming back as a god of revenge.
>>
>>4986026

"Against each other? For now I see no reason to escalate things...I believe we'll both be busy with other things anyway..."

>>4986023

Larillam would sigh, and say "I advise you don't do that...While the fight was entertaining before it's now become a bit of a bother."
>>
>>4985998
I made khaos comotasis here >>4985990
>>
>>4985947
>>4985990
As Vulcan looms over The Judge and contemplates his wrath, a great cry rings out!

From the shadows come Khaos and the Khaons, the first of his children! They are legion and filled with fury! Their god is with them, fell and terrible in might!

The Destroyer says not a word and turns from the bodies of The Judge and Aerock, readying himself for war.

Deep in the void before creation, a conflict of apocalyptic proportions is waged and the watching deities speak among themselves.

In the end, Vulcan stands, the ground at his feet littered with the corpses of the Khaons and the ground itself... made of dismembered Khaons. None can deny it is a genocide, the first extinction of a mortal race, and when he releases his hold on the throat of Khaos, he falls, slamming unconscious into viscera and gore.

Khaos rolls a 7+1 against Vulcan's roll of 10+2!

Vulcan is VICTORIOUS by 4 points!

Khaos has been reduced to [-4/4] Essence!

Khaos is COMATOSE!

Vulcan has [1/6] Essence remaining!
>>
>>4986018
“Power is for later games, I will not let cannibalistic greed so early on threaten my presence.”

“Though the shock of coming into being has startled some of my siblings in the void, there is still work to be done beyond kinslaying.”

“If you would invite me into your grove, I would not strive to make a mess of things.
>>
Koypi, after watching Aerock leave in the middle of their meeting and promptly get his shit pushed in sighed at the ongoing circlejerk.
Watching Apothis attempt to retrieve Aerock at least let’s her rest easy a bit.
>>
>>4986040
"Hey, fishfriend, mind helping me scoop up our pal? Wouldn't mind some Khaon boens to plant in the garden, too..."
>>
>>4986023
If nobody contests Uriel consuming The Judge, he will be able to do so.

>>4986024
If you attempt to consume Aerock and lose a fight with Apothis, you likely will. However, nobody is currently defending The Judge or Khaos. You can attempt to contest Uriel for The Judge, (or split his corpse) or try to consume Khaos, if nobody contests it. You could also be the bigger deity and consume neither but there's nothing preventing the other deities from doing so.
>>
Rolled 2 + 4 (1d10 + 4)

>>4986036
I want to run away with kahos's corpse, so I can consume it
>>
>>4986043
(I'm going to contest them so...)
>>
Rolled 8 (1d10)

>>4986045
HUNGER.MIGHTASWELLATTEMPTTOFEEDBYSTOPPINGVULCAN.
>>
>>4986043
"I'm willing to coexist, if you'll let existence persist. Don't make me whip you with a willow stick. Wouldn't you rather drink to your victory, maybe eat the other two?"
>>
File: 12hvcy3wte441.png (392 KB, 500x373)
392 KB
392 KB .png
>>4986043
>>4986024
I don't mind going 50/50, Vulcan deserves some plunder for this massacre, Uriel is just lashing out here a bit, but doesn't want to cause any further conflict.
>>
>>4986047
if I can try to stop him. would suck if my only good roll doesn't count due to rule misunderstanding.
>>
Rolled 2 (1d10)

>>4986045
One more attempt at consumption wouldn't hurt, this will be the last attempt for now. Things are getting too risky.
>>
>>4986047
Aren't you trying to eat the Judge or something, also your ally is my ally.
>>
>>4986053
I got told to fuck off, so I don't see why I can't change. I'll disengage if rules or whatever
>>
>>4986042
“I’m right here my friend but it seems your all clear.”
>>4986043
Larilliam and Tok’ki are defending his body rolling a 9 and 8 respectively
>>
Rolled 3 (1d10)

>>4986046
>>4986030

"I take it you aren't going to stop in your attempt so I'm afraid I'm going to have to cut your meal short...I'm sure you understand, alliances and all that."
>>
>>4986052
Who you eating, friend? Not my buddy, right?
>>
Rolled 9 (1d10)

>>4986052
Defend against Pestilence
>>
>>4986059
“I can’t even tell who’s devouring who anymore.”
>>
>>4986045
Does anyone want to contest Vulcan's attempt to consume Khaos? Nevermind, as I see below...

>>4986046
You'll need to engage in combat with Uriel then, or chase him down, depending on Uriel's response.

>>4986047
>>4986045
The Drowned Man lunges forth, grabbing the corpse of Khaos in Vulcan's hand. Now the two are staring at each other. (If a corpse theft exceeds a roll by 4, it's automatic, otherwise it's stopped and combat can ensue.) Are they going to divide Khaos between themselves or fight for it? Is Uriel going to intervene from his ongoing feud with Lamarill? Find out next time, as actions are made!
>>
>>4986063
(Oh, didn't know I actually had to attack him. I thought it was like with the drowned man where I just contested him)
>>
>>4986057
They were defending his body from The Drowned Man's attempt to steal it by intercepting him, not the body itself.
>>
>>4986059
He rolled once for Aerock and this time it’s on Vulcan I believe
>>4986062
“You and me both”
>>4986065
Ah
>>
>>4986064
If Uriel wants to fight you over it, you'll need to, otherwise you can take the body. You can also leave him to it, if you'd rather. The reason is that you're attempting to stop him from consuming the body he's directly at, while The Drowned Man had to approach the body and could be intercepted.
>>
>>4986049
kek meme

I'm headed to the gym brb, thank you my dear friends for your efforts
>>
>>4986061
>>4986052
(The real pestilence is my rolls. This ain't good fellas)
>>
>>4986063
If permitted, since it seems like nobody really wants to contest me and focus on Aerock, can I drag his sorry butt back to our nice grove, ideally with some Khaon bones?
>>
>>4986051
I'll split if you be my ally, I'm going to need help stopping these vultures.
>>
>>4986068
(Well, I thought I just had to contest him, a fight isn't what I was expecting unless it escalated so, this might be a bit more concerning...)
>>
>>4986069
You ain't done yet!... Hopefully.
>>
>>4986072
>DEAL.AFIGHTINBOTHOFOURSTATESWILLBEWORTHLESS.BETTERTOSHAREHALFTHANHAVENONE.
>>
So

Judge and Aerock were rescued from being eaten

Uriel and Vulcan eat Khaos

Pestilence is probably dying

That right? I’m having trouble following this mess.
>>
>>4986002
>>4986007
Pestis lunges to the body of Aerock, filled with greed at its potential power!

Reacting with the speed of a seasoned wayfarer, Apothis deflects The Plague-God's lunge with his walking stick!

Pestis stumbles back with a sickening noise and circles Aerock.

Combat is not yet joined, but it could be at any moment.

>>4986052
>>4986061
Thinking better of it, Pestis attempts to snatch the body of Khaos from The Destroyer!

Unfortunately for him, Vulcan is swift and deflects Pestis with a well-placed shove!

Left with no corpses, The God of Famine is mildly annoyed.
>>
>>4986069
I got some words for you when your finally in the clear and wake up
>>4986080
That’s about it I think
>>
>>4986073
You don't necessarily need to fight, if Uriel attempts to run instead of consuming it on the spot and you roll 4 over his own, but otherwise, you'll have to fight him. The Drowned Man could've attempted a fight against Lamarill and Tok'ki but (perhaps wisely) thought against it.

>>4986080
Aerock is being defended by Apothis, and nobody has attempted the corpse but Pestis, who was rebuffed.

Uriel is attempting to murder and eat The Judge and will be able to, if uncontested.

Vulcan and The Drowned Man have agreed to split the body of Khaos between them.
>>
>>4986082
Making another attemot to peaceably leavr with Aerock and khaon-bones. Not gonna' eat him, as long as he can be revived or preserved in some way.
>>
>>4985968
You have my condolences. If you survive, you'll be vulnerable and it might be a while before you can do anything.
>>
>>4986087
*attempt
*leave
>>
>>4986085
I swear someone tried to protect the judge earlier, but I’d like to stop him from being eaten.

At the very least stop him from being eaten by only Uriel, sharing is caring.

Don’t think it’s possible to save him from being eaten without fighting Uriel right?
>>
>>4986087
The Khaon bones wouldn't yield any Essence if consumed, for all their grandeur, they were merely mortal. They could perhaps be resurrected for the same Essence cost that went into their creation, or made into something else.

>>4986072
>>4986075
Do either of you want to contest Apothis collecting the mortal bones?

If not, and if nobody wants to contest either Vulcan or The Drowned Man's consumption of Khaos in the next thirty minutes, it will commence.

After that, I'll make a Mini-Turn summarizing the clusterfuck that's gone down and listing the pantheon's Essence totals as I understand them. Again, I'd appreciate it if you wrote it in your post.
>>
>>4986094
I'll split if you wanna ally and protect the both of us from getting interrupted :)
>>
>>4986073
If you want to chase/fight Uriel over The Judge, (who is still only Comatose) you'll need to let me know. I doubt Uriel would want to leave it to you.

>>4986094
That would be Lamarill, who wants to prevent Uriel from consuming The Judge. We're still waiting to see if she wants to push the issue or leave him to it. Or to split it with Vinculum, if you both are of the same mind.
>>
>>4986095
Can I split both the Judge and khaos's corpse in one mini turn or do I have to pick one?
>>
Rolled 9 (1d10)

>>4986094
If Lamarill helps, I will help you too.
>>
>>4985750
"Greetings. Traveler, you say ? Tell me about your tale"
>>
>>4986098
That sounds fine to me, a family dinner.

I can’t stop you from taking the corpse, but I can at least stop it from being completely lost.
Could be construed as backstabbing the judge, but he was the one who promised me a sacrifice in fairness, I’m merely ensuring he keeps his word.

It’s honourable really, promise.
>>
>>4986095
The two of us are too weak to bother fighting over mere mortal bones. I think it's wise to avoid fighting over them.
>>
>>4986104
Never mind. Save the Judge!
>>
>>4986095
The khaons seemed like cool guys, andI wouldn't mind reviving them when I get my energy back. Maybe with a bit more chill. My garden coukd use some serpents to do the gardening, and they could probably do woth a drink. Maybe they can tell me a story ahout what it's like to travel beyond the bounds of life? It's something I'd rather not explore PERSONALLY, you know?
>>
>>4986103
You could attempt to split two corpses between yourself, as it equates to a single corpse's worth overall. Earlier, >>4986049 Uriel stated he had no issues with splitting it with you, but might be attempting to split The Judge with Vinculum, in which case, you would only be getting a third if he accepted, unless you dissuaded Vinculum from having any somehow.

>>4986098
>>4986106
>>4986109
It seems both Vinculum and Uriel are splitting The Judge, while Tok'ki is attempting to stop them both, which would initiate combat with both, unless they left him to it or if he decides to rescind his attempt. Lamarill still hasn't weighed in on her intentions.
>>
Rolled 4 + 1 (1d10 + 1)

>>4986102
>>4986106

"I advise you don't backstab him and instead help us, it will be better for the both of us, really."

(You know that point of essence I earned from that bet? I'm using it here)
>>
>>4986105
"Still in the middle of living it, bug meet me in the Grove and I'll tell you all about the time I lost a bet, my bud died, and I had to smack a plague-bird with a stick to salvage his body."
>>
>>4986112
It would also initiate combat with Vulcan, if he was also interested in claiming The Judge and wanted to fight over it, which isn't favorable odds if Lamarill isn't diving in.
>>
>>4986113
(So in total that's 14 thanks to Tok'ki's help, not bad.)
>>
>>4986116
(Wait, it get's Vulcan involved too? I thought it was given to Uriel...)
>>
>>4986112
>>4986116
(I would like to use the two of my essence to maybe improve the odd if allowed. Forgot I had the dice in options when I posted.)
>>
>>4986116
So it’s

Tokki and Larillam
Vs
Uriel and the Judge

And I’m accidentally caught in the middle of it all and have to pick a side?

I’m confused, I thought everyone was leaving the judge to die so I jumped in on it to steal half, but now we’re saving him?
>>
>>4986104
>>4986113
>>4986098
>>4986106
Tok'ki and Lamarill are attempting to recover The Judge's body from Uriel and Vinculum. Do you want to engage them both in combat to recover your spoils? OR do you want to both take it and run as fast as your tendrils can carry you? The +4 does apply.

If Vulcan is also interested in consuming The Judge and is so inclined, he can attempt to pitch in and fight both Tok'ki and Lamarill, or leave them to it, at his discretion.
>>
>>4986120
(also, how does Tok'ki's divine barrier work in this battle?)
>>4986124
I want the cannibalism to stop so I'm here!
>>
>>4985837
>>4985705
"i'm in! "
>>
>>4986124
Tok'ki and Larillam (not Lamaril, my apologies) have attempted to take The Judge from Uriel, after Vinculum and Uriel agreed to share its consumption between themselves. The Judge is Comatose and can't currently participate. There's nothing stopping you from leaving them both, or from fighting alongside Uriel at your discretion.
>>
>>4986075
"I CALL UPON YOU, DROWNED ONE. AS THIS DRAWS ONWARD THERE WILL NOT BE PEACE UNTIL WE ARE FED! HELP US AND YOU SHALL HAVE MUCH TO FEAST ON!"

>>4986103
"YOUR SHARE REMAINS WELCOME, ALLY. THE BATTLE WAGES ONCE MORE, FOR THESE GODS HAVE NOT COME TO LEARN OF YOUR WRATH YET EVEN WITH THREE FALLEN BROTHERS."
>>
okay this has become a huge mess, who is punching who this time?

>>4986130
>CONSUME.EAT.WILLWISHTOEATTHEFLESHOFTHEFALLEN.
>WILLHELP
>>
>>4986131
Right now it's looking like
Uriel (Me), Drowned One (You), Vinculum, maybe Vulcan, VS Tressa, Larillam, and Tok'ki
>>
>>4986128

"Ah, wonderful. Glad to hear that you seem to be interested in my proposals. However, at the moment I believe there is something quite important that has started that I might need assistance on. You will be rewarded of course, if you aid me. I'm terribly sorry our conversation had to be ruined like this but I'm sure the rewards for our success will be a fair repayment."

>>4986131
(Me, Tok'ki, you, Uriel, maybe Vulcan and possibly Vinculum and Tessa)
>>
>>4986126
You didn't bring your divine realm with you to stop them, so it doesn't apply in this situation.

>>4986130
>>4986131
So that means The Drowned Man has agreed to weigh in on Uriel's favor, and Vinculum, if he chooses not to bail.

Vulcan hasn't stated an opinion on if he wants to fight Tok'ki and Larillam alongside his allies yet, but if so, they'd be splitting The Judge three ways between themselves... I THINK. It's getting slightly complicated.
>>
>>4986130
I will help you
>>
>>4986136
It seems that Tessa only agreed to join your pantheon, whether or not they want to risk danger for The Judge remains to be seen.
>>
>>4986137
(Drat!)
>>
>>4986139
Vulcan has confirmed his support for Uriel and The Drowned Man over the body of The Judge against Tok'ki and Lamarill. If Vinculum chooses to fight alongside them, that's 4v2, fairly solid odds.
>>
I wonder how many people will be dead by the time I wake up?
>>
>>4986126
“The cannibalism will continue as long as there are more corpses to eat. With that in mind, do not let either of us become one, or it may never end.”
>>
>>4986131
I say for splitting if vincluium joins we each get 1/2 a corpse. Uriel and Vinculum get the Judge while the drowned one and I get Khaos.
>>
>>4986142
Fighting against the cannibalism of your brethren is noble but on seeing the threat arrayed against you, you can still back away. If a fight begins, it's very unlikely that everybody will escape unscathed.
>>
>>4986146
"The hunger for divinity will never end until all of them eat each other. Do not help them for you will be a target as well."
>>
>>4986147
More corpses are gonna pop up if we kill these fools, too.
>>
>>4986130
"I will be joining you lot in this endeavor, if blood is spilled i rather it be theirs."
>>
>>4986147
>THATWORKSFORME
>HALFFOREACH.THIRDSISTOOLITTLEFORANYOFUS.
>>
>>4986151
You can of course still choose to fight. Do you want to fight them? Yes or no? If not, Larillam would be left alone unless she also chose to abandon The Judge.
>>
>>4986144
(Tessa might join, and if Vinculum joins us instead it'll be an even fight.)

>>4986153
(Or not...Great...Wish Iasto was online so I could get his help too...)
>>
>>4986128
"Tressa! Darling! You missed quite tge scuffle. Might I suggest hunkering down with one of this bubble's first bottles of cider? Practically a colelctor's item. Probably going to be valuable someday."
>>
>>4986157
(Wait, if they aren't fighting then can I ditch too? Since they kinda rolled first which is why I was willing to fight in the first place...)
>>
>>4986153
And Pestis has chosen to weigh in for the coalition of, in no particular order, Vulcan, Uriel, Vinculum, and The Drowned Man against Tok'ki and Lamarill despite having no promise of either corpse, meaning if combat ensues, this will be a 5v2.
>>
From the bubble of non-existence, Auctus emerged, perfected and intrigued. The nova within his sphere brightened and dimmed as the newborn god observed his fellow divine.

>>4985750
"A greeting to you too" He said.
>>
>>4986163
You can ditch with no strings attached. The only reason they want to fight is that you wanted to prevent them from taking The Judge.
>>
>>4986151
“And if I do as you do and stand against them, I will be a target still, and if I do nothing you will be outnumbered greatly still.”

“The battle is already decided. I understand and sympathise, but my place as carrion-eater keeps the peace, at least for now.
>>
>>4986168
(Well, in that case I simply have to say this...) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FjWe31S_0g
>>
>>4986157
The odds are extremely stacked against Tok'ki. With a heavy heart and he's quite angry with himself, he flees.
"Fine, you cannibals. Eat each other until there's no more."

(This sucks!)
>>
>>4986175
>>4986151
Tok'ki, it seems that Lamarill has decided that discretion is the better part of valor.

Do you wish to fight Vulcan, The Drowned Man, Uriel, Vinculum, and Pestis alone? Were you to prevail, it would be the stuff of legend. If not... Their actions are their own, but you would likely be added to their feast.
>>
>>4986178
Come join us in a peaceful place to share our woes!
>>
>>4986178
"In that case I will be taking my leave as well...at least I know my other allies won't throw themselves so carelessly at their enemies..."

(Yeah happens when everyone decides to just pile on)

>>4986183
(While the video didn't imbed because age restriction, it's the song 'fuck this shit I'm out' so that tells you enough)
>>
>>4986178
Seeing his unlikely ally step away, Tok'ki has chosen to leave the vultures to their carrion.

Which means...

I'm going to do some crunch and figure out what the hell is going on with the consumption of The Judge and Khaos. Meanwhile, since nobody opposed them, Apothis and left to The Fruit Grove with the Dismembered body of Aerock and the bones of the Khaons.
>>
>>4986187
My one request is that my Sphere goes to Vulcan, as it fits his character's development.
>>
>>4986186
(Misread what you posted. Anyway, I'm going to go sleep now. It's been...chaotic.)
>>
>>4986184
Tok'ki drags his divine realm with him to the Fruit Grove though far away enough to not interfere with it. He settles down in the Fruit Grove and quietly steams in anger while mumbling about cannibals and him fleeing.
>>
>>4986170
Did you decide to work with us or are you netural?
>>
>>4986195
I agreed to split the body of the judge with Uriel a while back
>>
>>4986195
>>4986198
"FOR OUR SAFETY, THE DEAL WAS STRUCK... PERHAPS THE RECLAIM OF AEROCK AND KHAOS WILL BE NECESSARY TO SUFFICE THE HUNGER OF OUR NEW FRIENDSHIPS..."
>>
So, it appears that-

Uriel and Vinculum are splitting the consumption of The Judge between them.

While-

Vulcan and The Drowned Man are splitting the consumption of Khaons between them.

Uriel and Vinculum have the following to partition.

>Each God receives a +1 to their Essence cap
>The Sphere of War remains to be divvied or destroyed, though it could be given or traded to another...
>Both Gods receive +2 Essence to their Essence pool, though this could be given or traded to another...

Vulcan and The Drowned Man have the following to partition.

>Each God receives a +1 to their Essence cap.
>The Spheres of Fertility and Discord remain to be divvied or destroyed, though they could be given or traded to another...
>Both Gods receive +2 Essence to their Essence pool, though this could be given or traded to another...

How do you four want to handle this? You can trade your share of Essence freely, likewise with the Spheres if you agree. As per the rules mentioned earlier, whichever God chooses to consume which Sphere will influence the choices they receive.
>>
As an aside, if Essence and Spheres are traded, that entails the Gods involved haggling over bits and pieces of the corpse. Rather macabre but it bears mentioning.

>>4986188
That's for the four of them to decide but I agree, it would be very fitting. That was a very ballsy move and it would've been interesting to see if it paid off. As it is, you have my condolences. Thanks for being a good sport about it.
>>
>IBELIEVEDISCORDWILLFEELCLOSERTOTHATOFDESTRUCTIONFARMORETHANITWOULDME.
>FERILITYGOESFORME.ASIWASNOTINJUREDINTHEBATTLETOGETTHISFRESHMEAT,YOUSHOULDKEEPALLOFTHEESSENCETOHEAL.
>DOESTHATWORK,VULCAN?

>The Drowned One pulls out one of his many swords from his stomach and starts ripping chunks of godly flesh off of the bone in exchange for the bargaining.
>>
The parts of each corpse can also be traded between consumers, despite both being focused on a separate corpse, as they are in immediate proximity. It's a bloodbath. Good Gods.
>>
>>4986204
No problem, GM. :)
>>
>>4986209
You knew the moment a fucking cannibal and destruction god came into the field, something like this would happen.
>>
>>4986202
The Miasma makes their proposal

>The domain of war is not mine, I am a mere carrion cloud

>I am hungry from my works, the sphere is Uriels should he so choose it, and the Judges if Uriel trades it to him.

>This surrendering of the sphere of war is in exchange for all of the judges +4 essence as Vinculum drains the body and the ground fully dry of blood, and adds a new yellow eye to his mass.

I think this takes me to 5/5 essence cap
>>
>>4986136
"Umm sister larillam told me to help...but it seems i was too late? she's sulking on the corner right now, ill be there when you ask for me next time?"

>>4986159
"Nice! i think i'll do that! for now!"
>>
>>4986208
WE HAVE UTTERLY DESTROYED OUR ENEMIES. I WILL LET YOU KEEP FERTILITY, BUT I WOULD LIKE TO TRADE DISCORD FOR THE WAR SPHERE AS I FEEL IT WOULD BE MORE APPROPRIATE AS I HAVE PROVEN MYSELF QUITE THE WARRIOR.
>>
>>4986202
>>4986217
>Uriel will take the Sphere of War, allowing Vinculum to have the +2 essence Uriel would have gained in the exchange.
>Uriel would desire to exchange the Sphere of War with Vulcan for the Sphere of Discord, if possible.

(4/5 Essence), 5/5 if I gain 1 from increasing the cap.
>>
>>4986221
I ACCEPT YOUR TRADE OF THE WAR SPHERE FOR MY DISCORD SPHERE.
>>
So, in less annoying typing, this is what people are getting

The Drowned Man: Fertility Sphere +1 Essence Cap
Vulcan: War Sphere, +1 Essence Cap, +4 Essence
Uriel: Discord Sphere, +1 Essence Cap
VInculum: +1 Essence, +4 Essence

Correct?
>>
>>4986227
After trading the war sphere for the discord sphere, getting 4 essence from Khaos's corpse, and gaining a +1 to my esscence cap my essence should be this
>5/7 Essence
>>
>>4986114
"You're friends with one of the fallen gods ? Gotta say those were really unfortunate"
>>
>>4986231
Yeah that looks correct
>>
>>4986231
+1 Essence Cap for Vinculum, whoops.
>>
>>4986231
I think Vulcan is only getting +2 essence right?
Why’s it +4?
>>
>>4986239
I'm giving up my essence I would've gain to him in exchange for not getting the shit beaten out of me and the Fertility Sphere.
>>
>>4986243
Ah, couldn’t see

Well I think that’s all settled then, the feast proceeds
>>
>>4986235
"Easy come, easy go."

>>4986187
Can Aerock yet live?
>>
>>4986231
Thank you, that's very helpful.

>>4986186
>>4986192
>>4986208
>>4986217
>>4986221
>>4986227
After Uriel, Vinculum, The Drowned Man, and Vulcan, and Pestis, in a show of solidarity arrayed themselves against Lamarill and Tok'ki, Lamarill turned and left them to The Judge, and though it weighed heavy on his righteous heart, Tok'ki hung his head and returned to The Fruit Grove, where he dined on its bounty and sought to distance his thoughts from what was happening in the formless darkness.

Like a pack of jackals surveying the carcasses of two deer, the four gods busied themselves with their bounty. There was some mild question about how to get The Judge out of his duster and trousers but The Drowned Man generously shared the use of one of his seven swords and there was no such problem with the twitching snakes and scattered pearls of Khaos. A startlingly civil discussion began over which part was to go to whom, and to the horror of the watching gods, and the likely jealousy of one, spurned his piece rather than fight it out, they split their winnings without fanfare.

To Vinculum went 4 Essence, and an increase of 1 to his Essence cap.

To The Drowned Man went an increase of 1 to his Essence cap, and perhaps more importantly, the Sphere of Fertility.

As The Drowned Man takes the foreign divinity's Essence into himself, he senses it shifting to accommodate his own nature.

The Drowned Man, do you want to spend 2 Essence to keep Fertility, or replace it with one of the following spheres?

>Lust
>Parasites
>Decay

If you prefer, Fertility's divinity can be destroyed for an immediate +4 Essence, independent of your cap.

To Uriel went an increase of 1 to his Essence cap and the Sphere of Discord, given by Vulcan in exchange for his prize.

As Uriel takes the foreign divinity's Essence into himself, he senses it shifting to accommodate his own nature.

Do you want to spend 2 Essence to keep Discord, or replace it with one of the following spheres?

>Madness
>Humour
>Mutation

If you prefer, Discord's divinity can be destroyed for an immediate +4 Essence, independent of your cap.

Finally, to The Destroyer goes the lion's share, 4 Essence, an increase of 1 to his Essence cap, and the Sphere of War.

Vulcan, do you want to spend 2 Essence to keep War, or replace it with one of the following Spheres?

>Slaughter
>Ruination
>Murder

If you prefer, War's divinity can be destroyed for an immediate +4 Essence, independent of your cap.
>>
Pestis watches the bloody affair of god corpses being traded with curiosity and slight envy. Despite several failed attempts to score a body and no spoils the plague god learns from this encounter eagerly studying his stronger allies.

"A good show you lot! Perhaps next time I'll earn my keep, and we'll have more bodies to go around!" He proclaims, accompanied by some sportsmanlike clapping before turning around and retreating into the darkness.
>>
>>4986254
Nobody contested Apothis claiming Aerock's body, so it can be assumed he's back in The Fruit Grove. He's not completely in one piece and there will be scars, possibly forever, but he is alive, and if he doesn't drift into dormancy, he can recover. Likewise, the bones of the Khaons are yours to do with as you will.
>>
Alright so now I'm a bunch of dismembered bits of god, so I guess stick me back together in the Grove and let me sleep it off?

Sorry Judge.

I wonder how long it'll take the baddies to be at each other's throats
>>
>>4986278
(Thank you for the assistance.)
>>
>>4986269
I'll gladly take Madness instead.

>>4986270
>Uriel is silent in the feasting and in reaction to Pestis' remarks, almost in disagreement, but to no excitement to express as much infront of its more violent allies...
>>
>>4986270
>NEXTTIME,YOUSHALLGETYOUROWNSHARE.GRANTEDTHEREISENOUGHTOSHARE
>PERHAPSASATRADEOFFFORNODIRECTREWARD,ISHALLLETYOUHAVEACCESSTOMYLIBRARYTOSTUDYIN?

>>4986269
>Decay
DECAYISANOTHERFORMOFHUNGER.IAPPROVE.

>The Drowned Man impales the sword back into himself. He finishes ripping off the few bits of flesh he had before going back to his library to write down the first major battle fought between the gods. For knowledge is as important as a feast to him.
>>
>>4986293
into, not off. as in eating what little bit of meat was still left after the
>SSSSSPHEEEEERE
>>
>>4986271
I'm unclear if I ever actually ended up needing to spend the 1 essence in combat, since nobody ever properly ended up fighting me.

If I still have 2 essence, I'll spend 1 point to revivify the khaons as guardians and caretakers of the grove, and one the mending, scarred god who rests at its centre.

I'll also slap a flagon of fermented fruit juice in our half-dead buddy's hand and pat him on the shoulder.

"Sorry for your luck, Aerock the Dismembered. Here's to the Judge, and to our new God of War!"
>>
I'm dead as hell, but could someone please use the Khaons? I put a lot of work into those guys.
>>
>>4986298
(Our children's legacy lives on. >>4986296)
>>
>>4986298
>>4986301
As GM I'm distant in all things, but it does occur to me that it bears mentioning that the eldest race is the child of the first two gods to be slain.
>>
>>4986269
Vulcan came upon an ephianny as he was sharing a home cooked meal with his allies. Destruction is cycical one can not destroy without creating and one can not create without destroying, his place is not to end the world, but to guide it to a rebirth when the time comes. The domain of war transforms into slaughter to reflect his more violent nature. While chewing on the Judge's innards he thinks to himself "Truly the massacring of creatures is a beautiful thing to be shared with freinds."

>Slaughter
>>
>>4986254
Tok'ki stares at his wonderful storm and thinks for a while. There are gods who will eventually come to consume him, and most importantly, the paradise he would create. He can't let that happen; he just can't! He floats out to go into his divine realm at the center of the calm eye of the storm. There he gathers his anger at the cannibal gods; fill with rage, contempt, shame of him fleeing, and desire to protect the living all in one weapon of the storm and life. To fight the hunger and greed!
>Spend his last two essence to forge a weapon (sapient club with teeth) smite at those who have eaten others' bodies/divinity)
>>
>>4986320
(Oops! Didn't mean to reply to you)
>>
Now that everything's recorded, I'm going to go through the thread and make a recap for everything for a Mini-Turn. Then I'm going unconscious. Very interesting first 0.5 turn everyone.
>>
With the conclusion of the first divine conflict, Auctus' constellation dimmed, having been shinning with brilliant light to observe the fight. The sphere trembled and shivered at the sight of the bloody conclusion. He decided that he didn't like combating, at all. Instead he found a more appealing approach to his divine power.

Auctus focused on itself and grew. His sphere expanded and contracted rhythmically as if simulating a living being. The constellation within Auctus shone and rearranged themselves into different configuration, the stars of Time and the stars of Evolution mixing together into Rapid Growth shape. 1 Essence leaving Auctus' body and imbued itself into the bubble of existence. He willed it so that all creations be it creature or devices, living or non-living, shall grow and develop hundred or even thousand times faster than it should be. Thousand of years of natural selection and development shortened into moment.

>Divine Essence: 3/4

>>4986296
"I would like to seek sanctuary "
>>
can i still join

(though kinda afraid i wont keep up with how many messages ive seen since the start of the turn
>>
>>4986309
Poetic. And they kind of look like the one offering them rebirth!

>>4986327
"Can't explore space without time, or you're everywhere all at once. And how can you enjoy different highs if the first one never wears off? Worse, what if nothing ever changes? There's be so little to explore! Time and evolution are always welcome in the Fruit Grove, Friend Auctus! Just don't eat the other guests. Oh, and look out for the swirling storm parked out front."

"...Hey, wait what did you do to the khaons and the trees? Why are they all... Changey and shifty like that?"
>>
>>4986354
The carrion god finishes his exsanguination of the judge and stirs around to himself for a short while, before rearing it’s eyes back into focus and drifting towards the Apothis grove.

Presuming that the invitation from before still stood, and not trying to draw any attention to the divine crime that Vinculum may have committed not too recently, the Miasma drifts over to observe the resurrected Khaons with some curiosity, studying them as they go about their business.
>>
"Oh, and anyone staying in the Grove for sanctuary for terrifying cannibal gods might wanna consider investing some essence in making it more defensible and safe. Just a thought! Maybe our Big Stormy Life Lad cpuld even consoder stationing his big old twister and a permanent bulwark? After all, all mortal life in the bubble currently resides here...
>>
>>4986373
Tok'ki agrees to this proposal. He wishes to protect these living beings.
>>
>>4986371
(Also, the mortals living here are in a good position to start families, if nobody were to mess this up...)
>>
>>4986330
Yes you can! You don't need to read everything, I'm making a Mini-Turn recap of what's happened so far. Just fill out a sheet and you'll drop right in the middle of things in the next update.
>>
>action: create golden duck
>spend 2 essence

feeling curious about the divinity coursing thorugh her veins, Tessa decided to test her power. her first act is to create a golden duck. the golden duck will periodically generate divine essence in the form of a golden egg every couple thousands of years. other than that its there to look pretty and fluffy next to Tessa as her pet.
>>
>>4986387
"Cute bird. Just don't let it poop in the Koypi Pond, okay?"

>>4986330
We lack a full-fledged war or fertility deity, now, btw. Just in case you were looking for a domain!
>>
>>4986378
“Intelligent things, these reanimated spawn of the departed.”

“I ask, do I overstay my welcome with my very being here? If not, I would care to observe these creatures, though will not touch them without directive.”
>>
>Name: Dragon
>Aesthetic: Large dragon like creature with black and green colored scales stars sprinkle their wings
>Goals: to bring light and auidance to those who need it
>Spheres: Stars

hows this
>>
>>4986387
Tok'ki is intrigued by this golden duck thing Tressa created; it's quite cute.
>>4986417
Looks good
Join the side of Life, not the cannibals!
>>
>>4986415
"Tell you what... Spend some of that Essence on improving the place or protecting it, and we'll call it square. Fair?"
>>
wait how do i spoiler text again ~~been a hot second since ive actually participated in this type of game
>>
>>4986426
[ spoiler ] Like this but without the spaces around the brackets [/ spoiler ]
>>
>>4986426
Highlight and ctrl+s it
>>
>>4986419
"She wouldn't do that!"
>>4986404
"I know right? i can make something similar for you if you want, for a fee of course"
>>
>>4986419
You can count on me joining your side
>>
Did the Khaons survive???
>>
>>4986442
(They were killed then revived in the Fruit Grove.)
>>
>>4986404
"She wouldn't do that!"
>>4986419
"I know right? i can make something similar for you if you want, for a fee of course"
>>
File: index.jpg (10 KB, 288x175)
10 KB
10 KB .jpg
>>4986442
Yes and no. Pic related.

Their parent deities were slain and eaten, and Vulcan slaughtered every last khaon in the battle, but I hauled their bones back to the Fruit Grove and revivified them.
>>
>>4986447
"Rude!"
>>
>>4986420
“Agreeable enough.”
“I may enshroud this place with the purest essence of what it is to be family, or perhaps officiate a wedding, spill a river of my blood to grant new life.”

“What do you wish?”
“it is a boon I offer you, for I have interests with all of my far flung siblings and wish not to be severed from any.”

“Do my concepts interest you, or do you prefer something more blunt, a weapon of my being, a blessing of vitae granted to the Khaon, a grand altar for them to show their worship, a grand hall for the deities to mingle?”

“I will place my mark willingly wherever able, inform me what shape you wish it to take.”
>>
>>4986460
"Well shit, I'll drink to that! Why not a grand temple for the khaons to celebrate weddings, and births, and other family occasions... By honouring the gods and paying tribute... And to imbibe the various fruits and herbs I gift them with, as a means to celebrate these occasions? We'll even call it something like... Uhh... A Vincularium?"
>>
>>4986354
"I am but a guest to this place so I shall comply" Answered Auctus as he settled in the Fruit Grove. A pedestal of twirling flesh and tree bark sprouted from the ground as Auctus landed on it. The tentacles embraced the sphere keeping it in place.

With his resting place done, Auctus regarded Apothis.

"I am the essence of change and improvement. Thus it is my duty to observe and assist their growth."

Within him the Stars of Time twinkled, each one a world of its own with trillions of Khaons and tree, living, hunting, growing, fighting, dying. They are but simulation of the real thing, the potential yet made real by divine power. Time is meaningless within Auctus' border as he observed the mortals within him.
>>
>>4986469
"Sounds fine by me. Have a drink, or eat some of this herb I'm working on. Tell me what you think!"

If Apothis, perpetually half in-the-bag and easy-going, was more than vaguely aware of the distinctly inorganic and conceptual nature of half of his houseguests, he certainly didn't show it. For untold time before time itself, the amiable man would simply stumble about his garden, keeping everyone refreshed and happy as he was able.

Bonds formed over shared experiences were, of course, key to making everyone invested in keeping the peace in this, his holiest of holies...

And he had seen what happens when gods war on one another.
>>
TURN 0.0

Before the beginning, when all was nothing, the Gods were alone and they considered their position.

With a dry, rasping voice as overflowing with barbaric eloquence as unrestrained aggression, The Judge stepped forward and demanded that his brother and sister Gods submit to him under a Pantheon of War.

Vinculum, Aion, Khaos, Ebulo, Gifcara, Kopyi, Tok'ki, Aerock, Iasto, and Larillam agreed, though none submitted, preferring instead to remain in a cordial alliance, to which The Judge did not object.

However, Aion, Khaos, and Ebulo had terms for their alliance.

Aion desired the Essence to lose himself in his dreams, which The Judge provided.

Khaos desired the Essence, to produce serpentspawn of War and Discord, which The Judge provided. Khaos asked Aion and Uriel for their Essences but neither were forthcoming. Nonetheless, Khaos began his work of creation and completed them: these were the Khaons, the first mortal race.

Ebulo desired that the creation to come be strong and secure, to which The Judge assented.

Frakture gazed on the nothingness and grew weary. Desiring rest, it spent 6 Essence to fashion itself a Frozen Mountain, grand and imperious, in which it would find solace. This was the first creation, a Divine Fortress of considerable might.

Looking over the nothingness, Apothis spent 1 Essence to create The Fruit Grove, a Sacred Site where his fellow divines could meet in peace.

>(1/8)
>>
>>4986491
Wistful for the trails that would be and the stories that would be told of them, Aerock spent 1 Essence to influence the spark of creation, so that the world to come would have many trails, unmarked and leading to interesting places.

Looking over the nothingness, Sloth found it lacking compared to the restfulness of the void, and spent 2 Essence to make Sloth’s Cave, where he could rest much like the Wrym. This was a Divine Fortress, imposing, though of lesser might.

Denying The Judge’s offer for he saw it as hasty, Rest spent 1 Essence to begin weaving himself a mystic meadow.

Thinking of his future paradise, Tok’ki spent 2 Essence to create a swirling, hollow sphere, the Barrier of Storms, which would in time protect it.
Gifcara was curious, so they spent 3 Essence to begin their work of creating a race in his own image, eventually they would be shapeshifters, like her.

Unnoticed by all, Vinculum added a drop of his blood and an eye of his miasma to the spark of creation for 3 Essence. Unseen by all save one, it trembled slightly, then sat still.

Larillam desired allies of law and order, so she besought Iasto and Tressa to join her in a mutual alliance, which they did.

Pestis lingered in the darkness, contemplating his nature, and reviled in it, fashioning an artifact for 3 Essence, The First Plague, a wretched and sickening thing, yet one which suited its creator well.

The Drowned Man watched the others work and grew hungry and curious, and spent 2 Essence to rectify both by creating The Seeker’s Library, a Divine Fortress equal to Sloth’s Cave in power and arguably grandeur, though it couldn’t be denied that Sloth’s Cave possessed a certain rustic, primordial charm.

>(2/8)
>>
>>4986493
Seeing the writing on the wall, Apothis made a bet of 1 Essence that The Judge would prevail over Vulcan, which Larillam accepted, perhaps pessimistically.

For their part, Uriel, The Drowned Man, Pestis, and Vulcan condemned The Judge for condemning them. In turn, The Judge sought to hunt Vulcan before he could act on his desire to destroy everything that was and would ever be.

The Judge promised his scalp to Ebulo and his blood to Vinculum, but his Essence The Judge sought for himself.

Vulcan fought The Judge with unholy ferocity, beating him back once with a grievous wound.

After a moment to collect himself, The Judge recovered his knife and charged again, but in a hellacious struggle, was overcome and rendered Comatose!

Wanting to protect his ally, Aerock stepped in to stave The Destroyer from his body. However, Uriel heeded his call and jumped The Collector from the side, and between he and Vulcan, Aerock was left Dismembered in short order!

Angered by the defeat of The Judge, whose Essence Khaos had taken and reshaped into his children, the God of Fertility and Discord rallied the Khaons and swarmed over Vulcan! After a vicious struggle, the Khaons were genocided and Khaos was strangled into a Comatose state!

Upon witnessing The Destroyer defeat three Gods in succession, almost singlehandedly, the Pantheon was shocked into silence. Then The Drowned Man surged into action, sprinting to snatch The Judge’s corpse away from Vulcan! On the way there, Larillam and Tok’ki, disgusted by this impending act of thievery and cannibalism, intercepted him, holding the God of Hunger at bay!

Inspired by The Drowned Man and thinking himself to possess more finesse, Pestis lurched to snatch the body of Aerok to consume for himself! Unfortunately for him, Apothis was watching and kept him away with his walking stick!

Not to be deterred, Pestis deigned to settle for the body of Khaos and sprinted to snatch it away from Vulcan but was stopped by a well-timed open palm! Doubly unfortunately for him, Pestis was unable to steal any corpses and went back into the shadows.

>(3/8)
>>
>>4986495
Standing over the three bodies, Uriel and Vulcan began to divide them between themselves and agreed that Uriel would take The Judge while Vulcan took Khaos.

They were stopped when Vinculum intervened with Uriel and was rather easily talked down from stopping Uriel from consuming The Judge into splitting The Judge.

They were stopped again when The Drowned Man intervened with Vulcan and asked to share Khaos, which Vulcan agreed to, in exchange for his promise as an ally.

The four were stopped again when Larillam and Tok’ki gathered their powers and challenged them for the bodies of The Judge and Khaos. However, liking neither of them, Pestis emerged from the shadows and pledged his support to the four, should they come to blows.

Not confident in the prospect of challenging five Gods, Larillam turned and left them to their meal with annoyance. Though it pained him, on seeing Larillam leave and looking at the many, hungry eyes of the five, Tok’ki turned and fled in disgust and anger, both to himself and to his fellow deities for their actions.

Meanwhile, as none of them were interested in Aerok, Apothis took his Dismembered body and the bones of the Khaons back to The Fruit Grove uncontested.

>(4/8)
>>
>>4986496
At that, the four cannibals were left to their meal and enjoyed themselves. What they didn’t want, they gave to their fellows in exchange for what they did, and generally had a merry time devouring the corpses of their kin. That their kin attacked them first was little consolation to the other, perhaps more scrupulous deities.

To Vinculum went the blood and flesh of The Judge, which he relished, and which granted him 4 Essence.

To Uriel went the heart of The Judge, which he contemplated eating but gave to Vulcan, who traded him the brain and spleen of Khaos. From this, Uriel consumed the Sphere of Discord and reshaped it into Madness.

To The Drowned Man went the flesh and loins of Khaos, and nothing more. From this, The Drowned Man consumed the Sphere of Fertility and reshaped it into Decay.

To Vulcan went the lion’s share, not only the gore of Khaos, but also of The Judge! He took the brain and spleen of Khaos, which he contemplated eating, but gave to Uriel, who traded him the heart of The Judge. From this, Vulcan consumed the Sphere of War and reshaped it into Slaughter and in the midst of his meal came to an epiphany, that Destruction was a part of the cycle of Creation like everything else, and that it was best done with friends.

Far from the macabre feast, Tok’ki contemplated his failure and grew furious. While the storm raged, he carved himself the Tooth Club, a sapient artifact weapon worth 2 Essence.

>(5/8)
>>
>>4986499
Auctus emerged in full and was mildly stunned at what he witnessed. He mulled on it and decided not to get involved, instead spending 1 Essence to influence the spark of creation, which briefly flickered in an erratic pattern.

Sheltered in The Fruit Grove, Tressa of Wealth spent 2 Essence to create the Fluffy Golden Duck to be her pet, and to lay golden eggs every thousand years or so. This was the first Divine Beast, a creature of immense power, and perhaps the cutest of those to come. The other Gods in The Fruit Grove looked on the Fluffy Golden Duck and they agreed it was cute. The more industrious among them may have noted the eggs were extremely powerful, but they were magical not divine, and somewhat beneath their notice.

From the spark of creation emerged a new God, late to arrive but no less present.

Dragon, a vast and imposing reptilian creature, with scales of glimmering emerald and blackest pitch, and a dusting of stars on his wings. God of Stars.

SO IT WAS. SO IT SHALL BE RETOLD.

>(6/8)
>>
>>4986502
>The Pantheon:
>The Fruit Grove, 1E Sacred Site

>Ebulo (Death/Growth)

>Garagarael (Space)

>The Drowned Man (Hunger/Knowledge/Decay)
>[(2/5) Essence][+2 Income]
>The Seeker’s Library, 2E Divine Fortress

>Vulcan (Destruction/Slaughter)
>[(5/7) Essence][+2 Income]

>Koypi (Fortune/Luck)

>Tok'ki (Life/Storms)
>[(0/4) Essence][+2 Income]
>The Storm Barrier, 2E Divine Barrier
>The Tooth Club, [+1] Artifact Weapon

>Auctus (Time/Evolution)
>[(3/4) Essence][+2 Income]

>[(-10/4) Essence][+2 Income]

>[(5/4) Essence][+2 Income]

>(7/8)
>>
>>4986503
>[(2/4) Essence][+2 Income]
>Fluffy Golden Duck, 2E Divine Beast

>[(3/4) Essence][+2 Income]
>Rest’s Meadow, 1E? ???

>Laquinus (Water)

>Uriel (Solitude/Willpower/Madness)
>[(4/5) Essence][+2 Income]

>Gifcara (Change)
>[(3/6) Essence][+2 Income]
>?Shapeshifters?, 3E Mortal Race

>Vinculum (Blood/Family)
>[(5/5) Essence][+2 Income]

>Aion (Mind)
>[(8/6) Essence][+2 Income]

>Pestis (Plague/Famine)
>The First Plague, [+1.5] Artifact Weapon and Armour

>Frakture (Ice)
>[(0/6) Essence][+2 Income]
>The Frozen Mountain, [+3] Divine Fortress

>Dessa (Gravity/Desire)

>Sloth (Sloth/Wrath)
>[(2/4) Essence][+2 Income]
>Sloth’s Cave, [+2] Divine Fortress

>The Slain:
>The Judge, (War)
>Khaos, (Fertility/Discord)

>(8/8)
>>
Remember that your Essence income isn't coming in until Turn 1, which will be later today or tomorrow, depending on how much happens. If you're over your Essence cap, you need to spend it somehow or you won't receive your Essence income.
>>
>>4986467
“So you speak, so I will make it.”

Action 1: (I made this a while ago, you caught it though so it’s fine, just adding it so everything’s in one place)
>>4985832

Action 2: The Vincularium
3 essence (The grove itself is only 1 essence so I may be overdoing this slightly)

A temple rises in the grove, stone forming from shapeless red mist and cradling a brilliant yellow gemstone at its zenith, shimmering into focus as an eye leaves his central mass to become the centrepiece of this new construct.

The temple for the Twiceborn Khaons is complete in short order, where the concepts of marriage and parenthood and the hearth spring forth, and those concepts honoured by giving tribute in thanks, as well as imbibing the delicacies of the bountiful realm that exists beyond the temples impressive borders.

Action 3:
My last two essence into further shaping the world spark.
It may be a thankless job, but someone must do it.

After his final exertions the eyes of Vinculum grow dim and weary, but he is pleased with his progress.
>>
File: Kamwei-Fong20.jpg (139 KB, 680x677)
139 KB
139 KB .jpg
>>4984623
>Name:
Papolli

>Aesthetic:
A large number of void like bristles forming into a small silhouette figure. With a noticeable set of piercing eyes, sometimes forming into one or many.

>Goals: What you want to do with the bubble. Can include a backstory if you want to. This is not final.
Originally forsaken into nothingness, now brought into existence. Seeking attention by meddling with the others, yet avoiding interruption.

>Spheres: Two parts of reality you have influence over. These can be anything. If you restrict yourself to one you get a major early game bonus. This is final but there are ways to get more.
Chaos and Trickery
>>
>>4986508
i dont see myself on the list how much essence do i start with
>>
>>4986522
Ah shit I accidentally forgot, there should be-

>Dragon (Stars)
>>
>>4986518
Shortly after the first new arrival, a new God emerges from the spark of creation.

Papolli, a round and dark, almost spherical, somewhat feline creature with a fluffy tail to match and inconsistent eyes. God of Chaos and Trickery.

They sense they've missed some things, but there's a fruit grove in the distance and what look like an almost... bloodstained spot in the darkness. Unusual. Perhaps unsettling.

>Papolli (Chaos/Trickery)
>>
>>4986522
>>4986524

Oddly appropriate that after a war-god and a great serpent, and their many children, have their blood splattered amongst the blackness of the void like so many speckles, a reptilian god of stars emerges!

>>4986518
>>4986530

...And how appropriate that a trickster should emerge late, having sat out the danger and bided its time to act when everyone else is distracted and weak.
>>
>>4986524
I create a vast nebula like area around me in order to make myself a defensive area. as a place where I can easily hide if need be

( using 3 essence)
>>
>"ALLSHALLBEWELLANDALLSHALLBEWELLANDALLMANNEROFTHINGSHALLBEWELL"

>>4986518
>>4986530
>"TWONEWBEASTSOFGODLYFLESHARRIVEFROMTHEVOID.INTERESTING.THEKNOWLEDGEOFTHEIREXISTENCEMUSTBEKEPTINTHELIBRARY."
>>
Such woe before existence can even truly start. He that would be judge has been judged in turn, his essence divided among the rapacious.

>Spend 2 Essence
I spend 2 essence to influence the dawning world, to let water roil about the forming substance. Let it cluster through the skies in clouds, and fall upon formation as rain; let rivers run and flow into seas which will mass and churn. Water is vital, let it be so evermore.

>>4986373
>spend one essence
To the God of the grove, what life you are creating and offering sanctuary!
I spend one essence to let waters fall and cascade into a pool within the grove, to let gods and plants and creatures within drink and grow, and so be nourished.
>>
>>4986537
"Huh. Well that's new. Did the void always twinkle like that? Might have to check that out sometime..."
>>
>>4986537
"Huh. Well that's new. Did the void always twinkle like that? Might have to check that out sometime..."

>>4986546
"Thanks, but I've already been drinking and nourishing myself just fine, if you know what I mean!... Huh. But the khaons and trees do look happier now that they're not all subsisting on blood and booze."
>>
>>4986546
Tok'ki is enjoying the clam waters in the Grove. He's less mad now.
>>
>>4985954
"A sphere of gold, called Lumes. But even has a pillar of light is fine to me, the form doesn t matter, it s the purpose."

(holy shit all of this happened ? It might be best if we create a fortress or weapons)
>>
Ok I went to sleep and holy fucking shit.
I LEFT YOU ALONE FOR SIX HOURS. HOW IS EVERYONE ALREADY DEAD
>>
>>4986609
>FIGHTSTENDTODOTHAT.EVENAGODCANBEKILLED.
>>
>>4986505
I want to influence this coming world, to add a piece of myself to it and all that will come: I wish to set a law, to impose a rule upon the frantic of reality.
It might be questioned, but never shall it fail:
All that begins
Shall end
This is the first law, the law of death, and death is one with Ebulo just as much as Ebulo is one with it, for they are one and the same.

How much would this cost?
>>
The Aion gaizes at the massacre of two of his bretheren and absconds to a lonely part of the realm they all inhabit.
With all the creation happening around her, he gathers 7 of her 8 essence and begins crafting his resting place. The Palaoneiron, a marble sarcophagus, all white with simbols of the world that is carved into it.
The first spark of this realm has yet to come, but she shall see it first. Resting in his sarcophagus the Aion begins to dream of the empty canvas that is the world and starts filling it with her dreams of the future that has yet to come.

English is my second language so let me know if any part is unclear. Also what in the world did I wake up to.
>>
>>4986620
Influencing the spark of creation to increase the prevalence of your sphere or spheres has a variable cost, but I would say tying death to Ebulo and Ebulo to death on a fundamental level would take 10 Essence. This can be spent incrementally if you prefer.

>>4986622
Nothing is unclear, you're all good dude. Something beautiful.
>>
>>4986627
And terrible. Don't forget terrible.
>>
>>4986627
Alright then!

The first dead sees what is happening- the death. The murder.
Beginnings and endings.
He is not pleased with the death of his younger siblings, but he accepts it for All Things End, and one day he’ll reclaim the scraps of their being to rest in eternity.
Until then, he shall sit, nothing more than a mound of bones whose species do not exist yet held together by vines that have never seen water or sun.
He rests, and takes in the death, letting it power him
>>
>>4986632
Good to know I already have my grave, maybe I can keep dreaming even if dead or comatosed Azathoth style.
>>
>>4986503
(How much Essence would it cost further to influence the world to something similar to Pokemon ie where creatures with enough time can spontaneous evolve?)
>>
So am I completely incapacitated at the moment or what, GM.
>>
>>4986635

The Wyrm watches, waits, withering weakness wracking wicked woes upon them.

There is another, another being. Like them? Small and old, dusty and dead, in a time where all else is new and young.
They rest, like the Wyrm. But where the Wyrm withers and bleeds, the Dead one... grows?

>rest injury death decay weakness
>strength growth power Essence more
>confusion hatred desperation fear pain agony

The Wyrm still cannot speak, for that is not within it's power. It uncoils from it's perch slightly, looming over Ebulo, The First Dead. It must be heard!
>>
>>4986647
The wyrm gazes upon what is to be death itself, and through many empty eyes and slithering vines, death stares back.
This being knows of the Wyrm’s fate, for while the Secondborn god is yet to fully fuse with his domain, the process has already begun

A silent rattle, a noise which wouldn’t move even the smallest of ponds, rings out across the emptiness of the yet-to-be, and still it carries meaning: “You who are dead, who are to join me as the second of the deceased, who ever bleed in perpetuity, why do watch the one who shall be your end?”
>>
>>4986595
(Honestly the sun we are making might serve a double purpose as a fortress, and I think we'll make it a damn good one.)

"Lumes...A short, simple yet elegant name and describes it's purpose well. I like that. I suggest you put half or a bit more of your essence into it, so that it truly can be worthy of our cause. I myself will but quite a bit into it's creation and a bit extra that I managed to gather from a little bet I made some time ago that got me a modest amount of extra energy in return." With this said, Larillam would work upon the foundations of such a creation, and would put practically everything they had into it. They expected such a thing to tire them, but with Iasto's help and ideally Tessa's as well it would become the greatest creation in creation yet. [5 to the creation of Lumes. A pillar of light in the sky equivalent to the sun.]

>>4986219

"You were a bit late but that is fine. It is better this way seeing as we would be outnumbered anyway. You can still help with the creation of Lumes if you wish to, and I would appreciate it a fair bit. You do not have to, of course, but it would likely serve as a safe place for us that warms the mortal realm and bathes it in light."
>>
>>4984623
Name: Monthrax
Aesthetic: a Giant twisted Moth with wings that looks like a torn dark cloak. Under the wings on and inside the carapace many small creatures writhe and inside an unkempt mane which contains various unnspeakable molds and fungi. Its eyes are glowing with eerie green light on a face that resemble a elongated fanged skull. On the top of its head there are various yellowed horns shaped like a Crown.

Goals: the conception of Monthax is the consequences of the first fight between the gods. In a paradoxical way it gestated inside the first plague ever created its . Existence is purely made of luck. When the Gods started their fight started desired vengeance echoed in the void but when Khaos 's childrens died all of their wanton need for revange made the final ripple in the fabric of space and from the inside of the Concept of Plague something was born. Something which ruled over every kind of parasitic Vermin and feasted on Vengeance.

Spheres: Parasites and Vengeance.
>>
>>4986747
(I recon it could be if we make it stronger)

(Lumes, Servant-Pillar of the light of order and civilization, as well stature and slavery)
"So be it, let us create Lumes. I shall give it the strength it deserves. Our creations cannot be anything else than the most worthy afterall."

Iasto begins to craft the pillar of light in the grove, then it rises. It brings the light of order and civilization to all. Where first there was only nothing but chaos now a light can be seen even in the greatest distance of the void. Now creation and the creatures that will inhabit it, or that already live in it like the Khaons, will see it too and be inspired by it. It s light is one of gold, silver and white calming colors, as well powerful ones.
This can help even the other gods in small part, as now more can be seen clearly because some order has been given where before there was none at all.
The pillar shall be named Lumes, it will be a servant of him and Larillam. Lumes will be mighty, and Iasto builds even inside of it so that they may live in it or protect themselves inside of it, if they wish.
In to it he carves scenes of his spheres, but he leaves many parts untouched so that Larillam may carve in to it her scenes, as well completing some scenes together. Iasto has come to like her presence and wishes to impress her with this creation. Still if it is requested and they are found worthy, he will accept that other deities carves their scenes in to the pillar.
(Spend four Essence)
>Iasto, The First Ruler (Order/Civilization)
>[(0/4) Essence][+2 Income]
>>
>>4986373
Koypi, after the complete shitshow that had happened, decided to take a quick nap to sleep off the troubles and once waking up decided to move into the grove to see how it's turning out only to find out it is now being used as a pseudo safe zone against the Abomination Gangbang squad.

>Use two essence to build defences onto the grove

Knowing that if the alliance of not maniacs dies, Koypi's fate will be inevitable. So may as well create some defences to help avoid another disaster.
>>
>>4986747
>>4986768
"dont forget about me! i'll invest the rest of my divine essence to make up for my lateness!

>spend 2 essence

>Lumes, Servant-Pillar of the light of order and civilization, as well stature and slavery, bringer of prosperity and truce

How about this for a name?
>>
>>4986775
"I welcome you Tessa. I also want to express that you have my blessing, money and negotiation are a staple of civilization and require a certain amount of order for be made and be at their best. I am happy that you have decide to join us. I will wait for Larillam to say her word as well on this matter."

i am fine with the name changing if you are added
>>
>>4986747
>>4986768
>>4986775

While the general foundations were made by Larillam, there was still some decorative work that could be done by her, and she'd quite appreciate the works of art that Iasto created, and seeing all the space for her own, she dedicated a portion of her time to creating her own works. Art of Kings and Queens, of generals and officers, of scholarly nobles and priests. Many people of high stature, and occasionally being served by servants or leading soldiers to glory. The lesser's lead by their betters. The natural order of things. Some other works would be that of slaves and serfs laboring away in fields or mines in orderly fashion, or working on a grand construct in the name of a ruler. Yet even so, these works would not cover the entire internal portions of the pillar. There was space left, mainly to allow the merchant to add to it their own scenes. The greatest of the first works of creation, that is what the pillar will be. A fundamental part of this existence. One that represented order in the chaos. Light to dark.

>>4986787

After some time of working, and hearing Iasto speaking with Tressa, Larillam would say "I feel that it is fine for her to join us, in fact I invited her to do so. As for the name, granting titles to Lumes is fitting. After all, it will be an important symbol for all mortals and even the divines...Though I feel I must thank Apothis to an extent given the wager I won."
>>
>>4986747
>>4986768
>>4986775

While the general foundations were made by Larillam, there was still some decorative work that could be done by her, and she'd quite appreciate the works of art that Iasto created, and seeing all the space for her own, she dedicated a portion of her time to creating her own works. Art of Kings and Queens, of generals and officers, of scholarly nobles and priests. Many people of high stature, and occasionally being served by servants or leading soldiers to glory. The lesser's lead by their betters. The natural order of things. Some other works would be that of slaves and serfs laboring away in fields or mines in orderly fashion, or working on a grand construct in the name of a ruler. Yet even so, these works would not cover the entire internal portions of the pillar. There was space left, mainly to allow the merchant to add to it their own scenes. The greatest of the first works of creation, that is what the pillar will be. A fundamental part of this existence. One that represented order in the chaos. Light to dark.

>>4986787

After some time of working, and hearing Iasto speaking with Tressa, Larillam would say "I feel that it is fine for her to join us, in fact I invited her to do so. As for the name, granting titles to Lumes is fitting. After all, it will be an important symbol for all mortals and even the divines...Though I feel I must thank Apothis to an extent for our creation, given the wager I won, and the rewards from it that were put to use in Lumes. Minor as it may be compared to all of our investment, it still helps quite a bit."
>>
>>4986505
Dessa has been sleeping for a long time, so focused on herself and her core that the outside chaos unfolding in the void was completely ignored.
But no longer. For as Dessa open her eyes she see the others gods, their creations, already with their shares of triumph and bitter defeat. Oh! Such want! Irresistible! All that had to fall in her bosom, she would hold all of them and never let go

But first her gaze turned to the oh so brilliant spark
>Using 1 Essence, influence the spark, Make it so that a pull enter it, a slight tug that is inherent to every creation, that will attire every other to itself. So that in time everything is together.

That done it is time to turn her attention to the other gods, and first the most sorrowful of them all, the poor dismembered Aerock.
Using howerver much Essence as necessary (let's stop at 2 max), Dessa drag his dismembered body in her grasp
>>
>>4986831
Tressa contributed with her own art in the pillar. verious kinds of jewellery, gems and treasures are depicted along side a group of people shaking hands with each others. another corner depict a group of cloaked figure rubbing hands and celebrating their sucessfull trade with words of praise towards the patron goddess of the merchant.
>>
Rolled 7 (1d10)

>>4986831
"If you want to thank me, then just make sure to turn that light off every now and then. It's giving me a headache, no offence."

>>4986848
"Hey--someone's trying to steal the body!"
(Contesting for Aerock's body, hopefully woth bonuses for where it's located, proximity, and maybe Koypi's upgrades and the storm barrier.)
>>
>>4986831
"Then that is good, Tessa is a worthy addition and crafter. Titles that our creation is more than worthy to receive as well. We could honor Apothis by having Lumes stand at the top of the Grove, or where you thinking to grant him a small space on Lumes for carve his themes as well ?"
>>
>>4986867

"A small space would do nicely, though having the grand pillar atop the grove also would be a fair edition. I suppose it is only fair that choice be left to him rather than decided upon by us. After all, to me, it hardly matters where Lumes is, just that it is and will be, lighting the mortal realm."
>>
>>4986848
>>4986855
Auctus gazed upon the impending body theft and stared. The material world twisted and turned as the sphere manipulate time to stop Dessa. A bubble of stagnation came into being landing on the offending god.

dice+1d10
>>
>>4986908
(Hhmm, how do I roll the dice?)

/dice 1d10
>>
Rolled 8 (1d10)

>>4986910
>>
>>4986877
"I can accept giving him in gift this decision. He will remind this in the future, and that might help us. Though if Lumes stand above the Grove, the Khaons would be bathed more frequently in his light and that would be good for our cause Larillam, as well aiding those mortals after the loss of their parents."
>>
>>4986913
>>4986877
>>4986867
refer to >>4986855
>>
File: The Shadow.png (297 KB, 1395x837)
297 KB
297 KB .png
>>4984623
>Name: The Shadow

>Aesthetic: An insubstantial, otherworldly being. A cloak of shadowy black and red ribbons, draped over absolute nothing, gently swaying in a nonexistent wind.

>Goals: Let there be light, they say, but light is temporary. Before the first flicker, only Darkness existed. When bathed in light, everything casts a Shadow. Light must constantly fight the encroaching Darkness to create a brief respite. But all light, the stars, the flames, everything inevitably fades and burns out, its fuel exhausted. In the end, all shall be consumed by Darkness.

>Spheres: Darkness

I'm not too late, am I?
>>
>>4986535
"I have no purpose to put myself into the quarrels of others, I just do what I must."
Giving a faith smile Papolli condenses into a small pure black orb then nothingness.

Reappearing near the Grove, Pampolli sneaks near it and rubs it's many bristles onto the tree then gracefully leaps away.
[-2 Essence] Corrupt the grove with chaotic roots, a chance for creations to have an unexpected outcome.

Papolli now alone, contemplates of what others might do and begins licking itself in preparation. Avoid nothingness at all cost.
[-2 Essence] Give the illusion to those who try to hurt Papolli, avoid attacks to give itself a chance to flee. If more than one enemy is near then a chance to damage on of their own might fall upon them. +Trickery
>>
>>4986945
Papolli manifests by your side, silently laying down as he stares at nothingness.
>>
>>4985617
>SORRY FOR SUCH A LATE... Ā̸̼͚͕̬̠̒̋̇N̸͖̈́̿͆̈́S̶̙͙̳̠͆̇̀͘͠W̷̰͌͋E̵̢̢̘̼̘͆͊̏͊̕R̷͉̠̀̓. I WAS LOST IN MY THOUGHTS.
>AFTER ANALIZING THE MESSAGE I FIND YOUR PROPOSITION TO BE...S̶̳͆͒Ȧ̵Ţ̴͖̎͑Ḭ̴̄̈S̷̭͠F̸̱̓A̷̯̤̕C̸̛̻̈́T̵̹̟̓̂O̶̺̾̽Ȓ̶̨̬Ŷ̶̼. YOU CAN COUNT ON MY SUPPORT... F̶͓̹̭͔́ͅȎ̴̢̫̤̪̔R̷̼̘̈́̾̈́̍ ̶̞́N̶̞̝̺͈̈́Ǫ̵͚̦̘͌͛̚W̷̪̋̓̿̉͝ͅ

Sorry for my absence anons, I live in a different timezone than most of you and this quest exploded super fast
>>
>>4986503
I should be at 8/6 essence, since I didn't expend it, unless I need to post that I won't be pending anything this turn besides my dialogue with the traveller god
>>
Or the turn hasn't ended yet
>>
>>4986951

G̴̝͒i̶͂f̶̳̈́c̶͎̒a̶̱̎r̸̞͠ā̷̪ watchs the chaos that Papolli sows with interest.

They are excited, overjoyed, apprehensive, about the changes that it will bring.
>>
>>4987011
The Shadow does not speak, and it does not move. Images flash before Papolli's eyes.
Small critters, lost in a dark forest, predators lurking behind every shadow.
>>
>>4986642
Increasing the speed of evolution isn't expensive. Your 1 Essence has already accelerated the process but to go full pokemon style as the baseline default is very extreme. It would cost 10 Essence to cement that as an absolute for the creatures of creation.

>>4986645
Aerock is dismembered but he's still a God. You're not able to act on your Essence for the most part but you're able to speak and can to a degree move. This can be fluffed however you like but you were damaged very severely. You can't defend yourself but if chased, you can flee at a -4 malus because you're on the brink of death.

>>4986910
It's easy, you just-
>>4986912
Yep, that's it.

>>4986848
It appears that Apothis and Auctus are attempting to prevent Dessa from stealing Aerock's body.

Additionally, because it's in The Fruit Grove and surrounded by Tok'ki's Storm Barrier, you need to roll 3d10 if you want to continue. The 1st to evade Apothis, the 2nd to evade Auctus, and the 3rd to outmatch the Storm Barrier. If you deem the risk is too severe, you can leave with no difficulties. You can also attempt to make your own divine body to consume but that entails its own risks.
>>
>>4986756
>>4986945
With a rippling, two more Gods emerge, however, they don't do so from the spark. Instead, one crawls from the site where both of the slain were consumed, and the other, from the shadows that fill The Fruit Grove even now.

Monthrax. A twisted mothlike creature, riddled with parasites and wracked not with pain, but hate, and a thirst for revenge not for itself but simply to see it. God of Parasites and Vengeance.

The Shadow. An unusual article, a voluminous cloak of black and crimson levitating and draped over nothing, for the lack of light beneath is its substance. God of Darkness.

>Monthrax (Parasites/Vengeance)

>The Shadow (Darkness)

With their coming, the spark of creation shudders and stills, as if chilled.

From henceforth, new deities will be added in the Turn following their introduction.
>>
>>4987033
If you hold onto gifted or stolen Essence over your Essence cap for longer than a turn, you don't gain your Essence income because it exceeds your Essence cap. This can be spent on anything at your discretion, given to another or to the spark of creation, or kept.

>>4987036
No, not yet. Turn 1 will be earlier tomorrow.
>>
>>4987051
QM, can I do something to help Dessa steal the body? What will happen if I try to snatch it too?
>>
>>4986511
(The grove is only 1 Essence but it's filled with several objects of several times its power. In comparison, The Fruit Grove seems somewhat less grand. Almost fragile.)

Vinculum has spent 3 Essence to create The Vincularium, a Sacred Site, a temple dedicated to the praise of family and the feeding of its goers.

Vinculum has spent 2 Essence to influence the spark of creation. It relaxes, bathed in a faint sanguine glow that lasts but a moment.

>>4986537
Dragon has spent 3 Essence to create Dragon's Nebula, a Divine Fortress worth a +1.5 bonus to its inhabitant's defense.

>>4986546
Laquinus has spent 2 Essence to influence the spark of creation, encouraging the presence and flow of water. It ripples, like a tranquil pond someone has skipped a stone onto.

Laquinus has spent 1 Essence to impart his waters onto The Fruit Grove, effectively improving it from a 1 Essence Sacred Site to a 2 Essence Sacred Site. The quality of life for those within has improved and as a side effect, the pond Apothis dug for Koypi has been filled.

>>4986773
Koypi has spent 2 Essence to add defenses to The Fruit Grove, these are subtle and take the form of sudden, horrible luck afflicting those who arrive with aggressive intent. The Fruit Grove now doubles as a 2 Essence Divine Fortress, for a +1 bonus to those defending within.

>>4986747
>>4986768
>>4986775
Gathering together, Larillam, Iasto, and Tressa of Wealth pool their Essences, 5, 4, and 2 respectively, together into the creation of Lumes, a Divine Fortress yielding a staggering +5.5 bonus to those defending within. In its light, the blackness in the bubble seems to recede, even if only slightly.
>>
>>4987072
You can assist and if Dessa agrees to split Aerok, you could both attempt to escape with him. If you tried to snatch it for yourself, you would have to outmatch Dessa's attempt, if she's attempting to, and evade Auctus and Apothis as well. You can also attempt to make your own divine body, but that entails its own risks.
>>
>>4987075
>>4987075
I should of read the previous posts of what's been happening.
*Chuckles*
I'm in danger
>>
>>4987079
So, how will me assisting work? Dessa has to beat 3 rolls as it is, what will change if I intervene?

>You can also attempt to make your own divine body, but that entails its own risks.
What does this mean?
>>
>>4986951
Papolli has spent 2 Essence to corrupt The Fruit Grove with chaotic roots, causing a slight unpredictability to what happens within.

Papolli is holding 2 Essence on standby, to spend on his defense immediately if pursued.
>>
>>4986502
Btw what does the golden eggs do mechanically? Since its magical not divine
>>
>>4987084
>So, how will me assisting work? Dessa has to beat 3 rolls as it is, what will change if I intervene?
I've been thinking about the combat system and it occurs to me that it might be more balanced if the rolls of combatants were split and had to be overcome separately, rather than lumped together. In that case, you could contribute your efforts to seize Aerok and would need to roll an opposed 1d10 to match or surpass theirs. Also...

From henceforth, rolls made before combat is acknowledged by the defender won't be acknowledged. If an attack is made, both (or more) combatants need to decide on their Essence investments and then roll. This is to prevent a God from changing their actions in response to a very high or very low roll.

>What does this mean?
You can attempt to kill another God and consume their body instead, but there's risk involved.

>>4987088
To the Gods? Very little but making an omelet out of one could take a completely mundane mortal to an archmage. No magic system exists yet because there's no creation yet, so what magic there is will be similarly freeform to Essence expenditure, if far more limited.
>>
Ryher looked at empty void, thinking about witch of thousands creations and wonders born in his mind he should create first.
He needed to start with something that would serve as foundation or a testing ground for his other projects.
So the great god started his first, and maybe the greatest work: The Void Forge.
From his unspent yet essence he started a creation of th great fortress drifting trough the void. Slowly a mass of metal, wires and tubes started forming thicc walls. A maze composed of thousands of tunnels and corridors was born. Many technological wonders littered the floors. In the main chamber Ryher stood surrounded by computers so advanced that unborn yet mortals could call them gods, ever counting, ever calculating.
The walls were made from divine, living metal slowly regrowing and healing like flesh when damaged but much harder.
From the outside The Void Forge looked spherical yet chaotic. It was in fact perfectly calculated and every angle was matchematicaly ideal but the construct was still far from finished. However Ryher stoped his work for now, satisfied with his own creation, beggining of his own realm.

>I use 3 essence on creation of my divine fortress
>Im left with (1/4) Essence
>>
>>4987093
I would also like to know what bonus does my sarcophagus brings me, does it act like a fortress even if it's for one god only?
Also what does LARP-ing as Azathoth does mechanically?
>>
Tok'ki stands guard at the corpses of his slain friend in the Fruit Grove.
>>
>>4987058
spend one esence to create small caterpillars which feast on the bountyful fruits and lush canopies of Apothis's Grove

*"Creating life that uncrates it feasting and corrupting the lush and bountiful, may i sound like who begets harm but thats not the case. I created life which feast on life so my creation is just. a Creation which is needed for the sustenance of the emotional. my parasites eat what till now was others food whats soon turn into deficency then Strife then then need then jealousy after conflicts will be made and after that all things remain is hatred and VENGEANCE for more."*
>>
>>4987047
Papolli's bristles lightly shake emitting a soothing vibration as it relaxes even more.
>>
>>4987093
>I've been thinking about the combat system and it occurs to me that it might be more balanced if the rolls of combatants were split and had to be overcome separately, rather than lumped together. In that case, you could contribute your efforts to seize Aerok and would need to roll an opposed 1d10 to match or surpass theirs. Also...
Sorry for asking so many questions QM. But let's say I try to steal the corpse together with Dessa. Do we both roll a die, these get added and compared to the defenders' dice total, or does each of us rolls separately against all defenders, and the stage hazard, and we have to beat them all?

For a more concrete example: Say I roll 7, Dessa rolls 9, the two god defenders roll 5 and 8 and the storm rolls 4. What happens?
>>
>>4987103
now that i have my own space set up. I do beleive you wished to have an aliance of sorts in me joining your side of light i would like to know fully what that may entail.

(just responding to your most recent message i can find )
>>
Is it possible to increase the cap growth chance from hoarding essence?
>>
>>4987123
Some of the other gods fought and ate each other and Tok'ki and other didn't like that. Apothis made the Fruit Grove and later revived some dead race to live there. Tok'ki wants to protect it since it's the only place with life right now. Generally, I want a alliance to protect it and others from being devoured by cannibals.
>>
Rolled 7 (1d10)

>>4987093
I suppose that i must roll then?

>>4986912
>>4986855
I do not wish for confrontation but why are you trying to stop me, i do not want to consume his remains, i will stitch them back together, i will make him rise again, you do nothing but let them rot. A waste!
>>
>>4987135
"The god of travel is simply incapacitated not dead. Given enough time or an infusion of Essence he shall rise on his own. Your 'assistance' is a futile effort."
>>
>>4986855
A bit tired from growing some defences at the growth Koypi observes another attempt at theft on Aerocks remains and of course, offers an essence to Apothis to help repel the intruder.
>1/4 essence remaining
(I don't know if Dessa is still trying for it but if she is then I rather help my bud)
>>4987085
Is it possible QM to combine the Grove and Lumes together?
>>
>>4987101
Forgot to outline the effects, there's a lot of actions coming in. It counts as a Divine Fortress and gives you a bonus to defend, there's nothing preventing a God from building their own creations and working for themselves, such as Sloth. As for dreaming, I'll say that if you spend Essence, you can have a chance to see a vision of the world exactly as the spark of creation will currently form, based on the influence other Gods have made on it. The chance is +2 for every 1 Essence you spend and you need to roll over the default, so if you spent say, 4 Essence, you would only have to roll above a 2 to get an accurate vision. This is easier for you than it would be for most Gods because of your Mind Sphere.

Aion has spent 7 Essence to create The Palaoneiron, a Divine Fortress worth a +3.5 bonus to its defender. It is a work of marble beyond compare, almost equal to Lumes, and perhaps greater still, for it was the work of one God alone, not three together.

>>4987095
Ryher has spent 3 Essence to create The Void Forge, a Divine Fortress worth a +1.5 bonus to its defender. It appears to be a chaotic maze of tubes and wires but the chaos is not final, for it is not yet complete.

>>4987111
Monthrax has spent 1 Essence to create a variety of caterpillars, which infest and consume some fruits of The Fruit Grove. Outside of the Khaons and the vegetation, these are the first true life-form. They are little more than a nuisance now but they have in them potential.
>>
>>4987114
There can't be too many questions. For the dice, I'll say that if it's a chase, because the deities aren't fighting, they only need to roll once.

For your example, if you roll a 7 and Dessa rolls a 9 to Auctus' 5 and Apothis' 8 and The Storm Barrier's 4, that would mean The Storm Barrier effects neither of you and Dessa evades both, and you escape Auctus but are caught by Apothis and can be forced into a confrontation.

If it were a fight where every deity was trying to engage in combat instead of running, each deity would choose an opponent and roll against them. Say if The Shadow tried to consume Aerok but were confronted by Auctus and Apothis, who both ganged up on him, he would have to roll 1d10, 1 for each deity, and take the damage from both if he lost.

>>4987135
You need to if you want to oppose them by running away with Aerok, but if you can reach a peaceful agreement you don't need to. It also bears mentioning that an investment of Essence will speed his recovery but if that's worth more than what that Essence could otherwise be used for is up to you.

>>4987147
It is possible to combine two Divine Creations together. In the form of territory, such as a Sacred Site or Divine Fortress, you can combine them both for half of the Essence that went into their respective creations. In this case, an example would be the Pillar of Lumes in the middle of the grove, perhaps next to the Vincularium, which is a Sacred Site within a Sacred Site.
>>
>>4987155
>For your example, if you roll a 7 and Dessa rolls a 9 to Auctus' 5 and Apothis' 8 and The Storm Barrier's 4, that would mean The Storm Barrier effects neither of you and Dessa evades both, and you escape Auctus but are caught by Apothis and can be forced into a confrontation.
So, in essence, I can't really help someone during a chase. In my example, Dessa would have still escaped without my help and I get caught despite Dessa escaping. Our rolls are separate and they do not affect each other. Thanks for the explanation, I get it now.
>>
>>4987150
What is the default DC with no essence spent?
>>
>>4987155
So how much essence would it take to combine the two?
>>
File: husks.png (1819 KB, 1045x691)
1819 KB
1819 KB .png
The god of plague sits within the crowded Halls of the Drowned One's library. Having temporarily turned a small corner into a makeshift lab, donned with vials of noxious gas and various instruments of brutality.He sat hunched over his table, caught in a bitter fit of rage over the recent events. "It isn't fair." He murmurs, "to live among the omnipotent and powerful only to get less than scraps."

He continues to rant, the image of the other gods enjoying their spoils of war seared into his head angering him, despite his earlier pleasantries the God of Pestilence's jealousy for the others around him grew. "My genius should be recognized!" He shouts, the time will one day come where his greatest ideas will become reality. "I'll kill a god myself and earn the blood from his corpse, just like the rest of you!"

But he would need to create life in order to enact his will. Those sentient mortals in the grove brought him great disgust, his creatures would be nothing more than mindless irritable beasts, simple husks with no conscience. Only existing to infect,breed, and kill. Like vermin. The perfect foundation for his eternal pestilence.

>Using 1 essence,Pestis shall create the first batch of the husks, the mindless embodiment of the first plague. Ravenous, Diseased, and a potential army to serve alongside his allies
>>
>>4987159
The default DC is 10. To make the attempt, you need to spend a full Turn dreaming. The closer the spark of creation gets to lighting, the easier it will be to envision what's to come. That is, every Turn the DC will lower by 1 until Turn 10, when creation is made.

>>4987163
Let's see...

The Fruit Grove is a 2E Sacred Site/2E Divine Fortress.

Lumes, Light of Order, Civilization, Stature, Slavery, Bringer of Prosperity and Truce is an 11E Divine Fortress.

Altogether, to combine them to get the benefits of both at the same time, you would need to spend 7.5 Essence, rounded-up, for a total of 8 Essence.

Lumes could be parked (is that the right word?) in The Fruit Grove to confer its benefits if Lumes is attacked as part of whatever is attacking The Fruit Grove. Otherwise, it only confers half of its bonus to the defense, as Lumes is mobile and able to move, which represents it pursuing possible attackers.
>>
>>4987157
You could help during a chase by contributing your Essence, to represent you helping to carry the body or fluffed however you'd like, or distracting the other Gods.

Think of it as two thieves trying to escape bank security with a bag, if one thief outruns the other, the slower thief can distract the pursuers even if caught, or if the slower thief is the one who was carrying the bag, he can hand the bag off to the faster thief so that he escapes with the bag. Because it's a chase and not a fight, there's less room to maneuver but also much less risk than staying to fight.

Let me know if you have any more questions, I'm very happy to answer them.
>>
>>4987168
Ah
At least it’s parked over the Grove right now I believe.
>>
>>4987171
>>4987157
To expand on your example, while Auctus could theoretically continue the chase at a -4 malus if Dessa didn't immediately consume Aerok, because Apothis was with The Shadow, he would be immobilized until he abandoned The Shadow or somehow defeated him. Very far from a sure thing, because The Shadow has a larger Essence pool to reflect his lower versatility.
>>
>>4987172
Correct. It's also mobile and could be moved. The Fruit Grove is technically static but there isn't very much difference to it being mobile, because outside of the various Divine Fortress littering the darkness there's no frame of reference for distance. Moving it would be very simple because there's nothing surrounding it, and could be done for free.
>>
>>4987171
I was about to ask for some more clarifications but >>4987175 cleared most of them up. I only have one more follow-up: Assume Apothis rolls a 10, high enough to catch us both. Will he then initiate combat against both, or only against the slowest one while the fastest escapes?

>>4987179
And what exactly is the difference between Lumes being parked above the Grove, vs the two being merged?
>>
>>4987184
>Assume Apothis rolls a 10, high enough to catch us both. Will he then initiate combat against both, or only against the slowest one while the fastest escapes?
If Apothis rolls high enough to catch you both, he would initiate conflict against both unless one of you wanted to flee with the body and leave the other to it, in which case there would be another chase, likely with the God who was betrayed chasing them down. It wouldn't matter which was faster in the first chase then, because Apothis outran them both.

>And what exactly is the difference between Lumes being parked above the Grove, vs the two being merged?
Right now, Lumes is directly above The Fruit Grove, and is able to contribute only part of its defense because if The Fruit Grove is attacked, the attacker isn't directly targeting the fortifications of Lumes. Like a tower overlooking a farm field, if a group of raiders are attacking the farm field and not the tower, it's only able to defend at partial effectiveness. If Lumes were merged with The Fruit Grove, it would be embedded into it or somehow metaphysically bound, so that an attacker would have no choice but to confront Lumes. That could take the form of The Fruit Grove being surrounded by a radiant wall, Lumes being in a perpetual orbit around The Fruit Grove, or any other number of things. The fluff depends on the Gods themselves.
>>
>>4987187
Forgot my trip for a sec
>>
>>4987189
Could I begin to dream now, the same turn as the creation of the Palaonerion, given my write in?
>>
>>4987207
I don't see why not. 7 Essence is a lot. Give me a 1d10, on a 10 you'll get a vision.
>>
>>4987135
"Ah, sorry, been dealing with a lot of deiphagy lately. And now there's these damn caterpillars everywhere! Just swing on by the Grove or donate some essence to his poor, frail body if you wish to assist."
>>
>>4987225
>>
Rolled 5 (1d10)

>>4987233
Trying again.
>>
>>4987103
"Hey, Stormbro, might I suggest moving Aerock into the Vincularium and guarding him there? It's inside the Grove, so it has all the defences you already benefit from and THEN some!
>>
>>4987225
What's the difference between a defensive artifact like the storm barrier and an offensive artifact like the tooth club. Wouldn't both just give a +1 to combat?
>>
>>4987130
Still waiting on a reply for this.
Also, what are the effects of tying an aspect to myself?
>>
>>4987241
He nods. "I agree, Apothis. At once, I shall take him there." He drags Aerock to the Vinculum and guards him there.
>>
i wish to make a lesser drake divine beast that is a sorta guardian for 2 essense (and possibly invest 1 essense into it each turn for now ) they will be a divine beast meant to fight alongside me or anyone else who i may choose

(hope this is an okay thing to do)
>>
>>4987275
Dark ribbons extend towards the carcass as it is being dragged away. The Shadow will attempt to snatch it before it is moved to a safer pla