[3 / an / cgl / diy / gd / i / n / out / p / po / qst / s4s / t / trv / vip / vm / vmg / w / wg / wsr / ] [Settings]
Board
Settings Home
/qst/ - Mitsuba Archive

File: Three Houses Quest.jpg (609 KB, 1920x1080)
609 KB
609 KB .jpg
You are Blair d’Rusalka. Student at the Garreg Mach Officer’s Academy, a Pegasus Knight, and an officer of the Black Eagles House. You were sent to the Academy by your guardian, Count Rusalka, to undergo training and become a Knight in his service. Last month, you took part in a major operation to put an end to a group of bandits terrorizing the Faergus countryside. Along the way, you aided a student from the rival Blue Lions house, Sylvain Gautier, in settling a family feud and retrieving the Lance of Ruin, a legendary Relic Weapon that nearly claimed your life.

Having returned to the academy and successfully passed your Pegasus Knight certification, you receive details of your next mission. You are to hunt down an old enemy from a rival religious sect that has been instigating unrest amongst the local peasant population, causing them to openly rebel against the Church of Seiros. Under the command of your knightly mentor, Leopold von Deltz, you lead a squadron of Black Eagles students to hunt down the culprit that tried to kill you a few months ago and bring him to justice.

Archive: http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/qstarchive.html?tags=Fire+Emblem%2C+Three+Houses%2C+

>Blair d'Rusalka
>Level 12 Pegasus Knight (50/100)
HP: 33 (85%), STR: 15 (40%), MAG: 11 (45%), DEX: 11 (45%) SPD: 16 (65%), LCK: 10 (30%), DEF: 11 (50%), RES: 7 (35%), CHARM: 11 (45%)
Equipped: Steel Lance (+), Javelin, Iron Sword, Vulnerary (x6), 1750 gold

>Proficiencies:
Lance: B
Authority/Tactics: B-
Reason: D+
Axe: D
Flying: D+
Sword: E+
Bow: E
Cavalry: E
Brawl: E-
Faith: E-
Heavy Armor: E-

>Supports:
Ashe: B
Bernadetta: B
Dorothea: B
Petra: C
Caspar: C
Felix: C
Corrine: C
Mercedes: C
Elizabeth: C
Edelgard: C
Sylvain: C
>>
File: Blair d'Rusalka.jpg (56 KB, 529x684)
56 KB
56 KB .jpg
>>4992636
You notice that Leopold and Elizabeth are separated from the rest of the group, speaking in a much more hushed, serious tone than your colleagues. You decide to leave Petra to deal with Bernadetta’s clamoring, and head over to report to your superior officer.

>“Sir. We’ve finished setting up the camp.” You inform Leopold.

“Good. We’ll continue the journey to Carcino Village bright and early tomorrow. Hopefully, we’ll find some traces of our man without too much issue.” The knight replies.

“Yes, and hopefully before any more innocents are dragged into the Western Church’s conflict.” Chimes in Elizabeth.

>“I’m surprised that this Dark Mage did not return back to his master after escaping with his life.”

“Ahh, that’s just what we were discussing.” Says Leopold. “The true identity of that man, or rather, who he’s working for.” Leopold stretches. From behind him, you can see Beathan stretching out on the grass, next to Leopold’s horse.

“The Western Church has taken quite the beating during the short period we’ve been at war. Four of the seven bishops that make up their ruling council have either been killed or captured by the Knights of Seiros. Judging that our friend is still actively antagonizing us though, I have no doubt that he is taking orders from one of the remaining bishops that elude us.”

>“Who are these bishops?” You ask.

“Of the three that remain, Bishop Abel is seen as the most reasonable, willing to work the most with the Central Church and having distanced himself from his compatriots’ actions. Our main culprits are Bishop Bennett and Bishop Santiago. Both are known radical elements in the Western Church, speaking out against the Archbishop regularly. We’ve yet to find any trace of either of them, but if the man we seek truly answers to them, he may be able to point us in the right direction.”

>“So what you’re saying is…”

“We’re going to try to take this Dark Mage alive, if possible. The information he holds may be key to ending this war. So don’t go skewering him outright if you can help it, please.”

>“Understood. I’ll do my best to keep the skewering to a respectable minimum.”

“It just doesn’t make sense though.” Says Elizabeth, staring down at her hands. “The Central and Western Church have their differences, but they’ve never broken into this level of violence before. Inciting Lord Lonato into rebellion, attempting to assassinate the Archbishop…what could the Western Bishops be thinking?”

“It’s hard to say what they stand to gain.” Leopold replies. “But the sooner we find this man, the sooner we’ll have our answers.”
>>
56 KB
56 KB .jpg
>>4992636
The next day, you arrive at Carcino Village. Having Beathan to ride now makes marching a much smoother process you find, and you feel in great shape as you enter the village gates. Carcino Village is in a much better state than how you had found Tauros Village. The populace looks well-fed, and many of them are hard at work at the day’s tasks. Some of the villagers look at you with some suspicion, rightfully so given the size of your group and how armed you are. However, you notice a distinct lack of hostility, the likes of which were overabundant back at Tauros. Perhaps the Dark Mage has not come through here yet?

“Be on guard.” Warns Leopold. “These folk don’t seem keen on attacking us, but you can’t be too sure. Split up into groups and see if you can find any information on our target.”

Looking towards Petra and Bernadetta, you have a hard time imagining that either one of these girls will be an effective communicator for your purposes here.

>“Bernie, you’re with me. Petra, stick with Corrine.”

“C-coming!” Squeaks Bernadetta.

Your group heads in separate directions, looking for villagers to question. In your way, you see three villagers who may be able to provide some helpful answers.

>A): An old man is staring at you and Bernadetta. A foul look is plastered on his face, but he is holding his ground.
>B): A young man is leaning against the wall staring at you. He has a cheerful smile on his face and seems inviting.
>C): A young girl no older than 10 years is staring at you. A look of wonder is on her face as she examines your Pegasus.
>D): Don’t talk to any of them. Move further into the village.
>>
56 KB
56 KB .jpg
>>4992636
You notice that Leopold and Elizabeth are separated from the rest of the group, speaking in a much more hushed, serious tone than your colleagues. You decide to leave Petra to deal with Bernadetta’s clamoring, and head over to report to your superior officer.

>“Sir. We’ve finished setting up the camp.” You inform Leopold.

“Good. We’ll continue the journey to Carcino Village bright and early tomorrow. Hopefully, we’ll find some traces of our man without too much issue.” The knight replies.

“Yes, and hopefully before any more innocents are dragged into the Western Church’s conflict.” Chimes in Elizabeth.

>“I’m surprised that this Dark Mage did not return back to his master after escaping with his life.”

“Ahh, that’s just what we were discussing.” Says Leopold. “The true identity of that man, or rather, who he’s working for.” Leopold stretches. From behind him, you can see Beathan stretching out on the grass, next to Leopold’s horse.

“The Western Church has taken quite the beating during the short period we’ve been at war. Four of the seven bishops that make up their ruling council have either been killed or captured by the Knights of Seiros. Judging that our friend is still actively antagonizing us though, I have no doubt that he is taking orders from one of the remaining bishops that elude us.”

>“Who are these bishops?” You ask.

“Of the three that remain, Bishop Abel is seen as the most reasonable, willing to work the most with the Central Church and having distanced himself from his compatriots’ actions. Our main culprits are Bishop Bennett and Bishop Santiago. Both are known radical elements in the Western Church, speaking out against the Archbishop regularly. We’ve yet to find any trace of either of them, but if the man we seek truly answers to them, he may be able to point us in the right direction.”

>“So what you’re saying is…”

“We’re going to try to take this Dark Mage alive, if possible. The information he holds may be key to ending this war. So don’t go skewering him outright if you can help it, please.”

>“Understood. I’ll do my best to keep the skewering to a respectable minimum.”

“It just doesn’t make sense though.” Says Elizabeth, staring down at her hands. “The Central and Western Church have their differences, but they’ve never broken into this level of violence before. Inciting Lord Lonato into rebellion, attempting to assassinate the Archbishop…what could the Western Bishops be thinking?”

“It’s hard to say what they stand to gain.” Leopold replies. “But the sooner we find this man, the sooner we’ll have our answers.”
>>
File: Chapter 6.png (27 KB, 1192x501)
27 KB
27 KB .png
>>4992642
The next day, you arrive at Carcino Village. Having Beathan to ride now makes marching a much smoother process you find, and you feel in great shape as you enter the village gates. Carcino Village is in a much better state than how you had found Tauros Village. The populace looks well-fed, and many of them are hard at work at the day’s tasks. Some of the villagers look at you with some suspicion, rightfully so given the size of your group and how armed you are. However, you notice a distinct lack of hostility, the likes of which were overabundant back at Tauros. Perhaps the Dark Mage has not come through here yet?

“Be on guard.” Warns Leopold. “These folk don’t seem keen on attacking us, but you can’t be too sure. Split up into groups and see if you can find any information on our target.”

Looking towards Petra and Bernadetta, you have a hard time imagining that either one of these girls will be an effective communicator for your purposes here.

>“Bernie, you’re with me. Petra, stick with Corrine.”

“C-coming!” Squeaks Bernadetta.

Your group heads in separate directions, looking for villagers to question. In your way, you see three villagers who may be able to provide some helpful answers.

>A): An old man is staring at you and Bernadetta. A foul look is plastered on his face, but he is holding his ground.
>B): A young man is leaning against the wall staring at you. He has a cheerful smile on his face and seems inviting.
>C): A young girl no older than 10 years is staring at you. A look of wonder is on her face as she examines your Pegasus.
>D): Don’t talk to any of them. Move further into the village.
>>
>>4992643
Children see things and get into places they shouldn't when the adults aren't looking. I don't think Blair will get anything out of the old codger.
>>
>>4992643
>>C): A young girl no older than 10 years is staring at you. A look of wonder is on her face as she examines your Pegasus.
>>
>>4992643
>>B): A young man is leaning against the wall staring at you. He has a cheerful smile on his face and seems inviting.
>>
>>4992643
>>
>>4992643
>>
>>4992643
>>A): An old man is staring at you and Bernadetta. A foul look is plastered on his face, but he is holding his ground.
young man is just gonna hit on blair/bernie
young girl is mostly interested in Beathan
moments like these make me somewhat wish we'd brought Ignatz, to complete our archer-buddy friend group
>>
>>4992643
>>A): An old man is staring at you and Bernadetta. A foul look is plastered on his face, but he is holding his ground.
>>
>>4992643
>C): A young girl no older than 10 years is staring at you. A look of wonder is on her face as she examines your Pegasus
Children that age typically don't lie too much, and are decently easy to coax information out of.
>>
File: Becky (2).png (2 KB, 78x68)
2 KB
2 KB .png
>>4992643
You bid Beathan move closer to the young girl, whose eyes grow wider as you get closer. Despite the overabundance of pegasi in children’s fairy tales, they are still somewhat of a rare breed of creature to encounter. You imagine that this is probably the first time this young girl has ever actually seen the animal in-person.

“H-he’s beautiful…” The girl says.

>“Would you like to pet him? Go ahead, he doesn’t bite.” You say, gently.

“R-really?!” The girl stammers. As she inches a hand closer to Beathan, her hand contacts his white fur, and slowly begins brushing back and forth. “S-so soft!”

>The girl seems to be enjoying herself, so you figure now is as good a time as any to ask. “Hey, you live here, right?”

“Mhm.” She says, absentmindedly ignoring you in favor of continuing to touch Beathan.

>“Did a group of men happen to come through here? Some men that were maybe saying some…silly things?” You suddenly realize you have no idea how to talk to children.

“Mhm. They were really mad at someone called Rayuhh. Some of the boys here got mad too and left with them, and then the elder got even MADDER and kicked them all out of the village. Are they friends of yours?”

“Uhh, not exactly. But I am looking for them! Do you know where they went?”

“You’re not friends?” The girl says, breaking away from Beathan to look at you. “That’s too bad. My brother went with them too. Mom was really upset. She said they’re going to Marche Village next.”

>“Y-your brother went with them?”

“Mhm, two days ago. His name is Norman. He’s big and strong! If you see him, tell him Becky said hi! Oh, and that mom is really worried.”

>“Y-yes, I’ll do my best. My name is Blair, and this is Beathan. Thank you so much for the help, Becky.”

“Beathan! That’s a cool name! You’re cool, Blair! Thanks for hanging out with me!”

The little girl runs off down the alley, out of sight. As you turn around, you notice that the two men you saw earlier are now gone.

You sigh. “That was easier than expected, let’s go Bernie.”

“H-her brother is with them? Then that means…”

>“We’ll figure it out when it comes up.” You cut her off. For now, you think you would rather not kill Becky’s brother if you can help it.

You return to the village square, where the other members of your party have already gathered and fill them in on what Becky told you.
>>
File: Becky.png (16 KB, 250x218)
16 KB
16 KB .png
>>4992643
You bid Beathan move closer to the young girl, whose eyes grow wider as you get closer. Despite the overabundance of pegasi in children’s fairy tales, they are still somewhat of a rare breed of creature to encounter. You imagine that this is probably the first time this young girl has ever actually seen the animal in-person.

“H-he’s beautiful…” The girl says.

>“Would you like to pet him? Go ahead, he doesn’t bite.” You say, gently.

“R-really?!” The girl stammers. As she inches a hand closer to Beathan, her hand contacts his white fur, and slowly begins brushing back and forth. “S-so soft!”

>The girl seems to be enjoying herself, so you figure now is as good a time as any to ask. “Hey, you live here, right?”

“Mhm.” She says, absentmindedly ignoring you in favor of continuing to touch Beathan.

>“Did a group of men happen to come through here? Some men that were maybe saying some…silly things?” You suddenly realize you have no idea how to talk to children.

“Mhm. They were really mad at someone called Rayuhh. Some of the boys here got mad too and left with them, and then the elder got even MADDER and kicked them all out of the village. Are they friends of yours?”

>“Uhh, not exactly. But I am looking for them! Do you know where they went?”

“You’re not friends?” The girl says, breaking away from Beathan to look at you. “That’s too bad. My brother went with them too. Mom was really upset. She said they’re going to Marche Village next.”

>“Y-your brother went with them?”

“Mhm, two days ago. His name is Norman. He’s big and strong! If you see him, tell him Becky said hi! Oh, and that mom is really worried.”

>“Y-yes, I’ll do my best. My name is Blair, and this is Beathan. Thank you so much for the help, Becky.”

“Beathan! That’s a cool name! You’re cool, Blair! Thanks for hanging out with me!”

The little girl runs off down the alley, out of sight. As you turn around, you notice that the two men you saw earlier are now gone.

>You sigh. “That was easier than expected, let’s go Bernie.”

“H-her brother is with them? Then that means…”

>“We’ll figure it out when it comes up.” You cut her off. For now, you think you would rather not kill Becky’s brother if you can help it.

You return to the village square, where the other members of your party have already gathered and fill them in on what Becky told you.
>>
File: Chapter 6(1).png (63 KB, 1071x738)
63 KB
63 KB .png
>>4994041
“Marche Village?” Asks Xavier. “That’s not too far from here.”

“We spoke with the Elder while you were gone, who corroborated with this girl told you.” Says Leopold. “About 20 armed men came to this village recently, spewing the usual nonsense. Fortunately, this village is a bit more well off than most, and they had a difficult time attracting more than a handful of men to their cause before leaving.”

“Twenty?!” Squeaks Bernadetta. “T-that’s a lot!”

“Pfft, I swear we killed twice as many as that number back at Tauros Village.” Boasts Corrine. “These Western dogs need all the men they can get.”

“Outnumbered or not, we can’t let them continue harassing these villages.” Says Leopold. “Grab your things, we’re moving out now.”

Departing Carcino, your group moves at a much quicker pace than what you had started at. Leopold believes that due to the Western Church’s larger numbers, they will be moving much slower than you, and he hopes to be able to catch up with them when they least expect it. This results in your group taking much quicker rests and keeping the chatter to a minimum as you stay on high alert. Two days later, you find yourself in front of the gates of Marche Village.

“Cadets, form up! Blair and Corrine, you two will crash through those gates with me first. Ranged and support units stay behind. Petra, cover our flank and skirmish as you see fit. Let’s go!”

You spur Beathan forward, opting not to take flight just yet and give away your unit’s position. As you rapidly approach the gates, you see a large group of people gathered in what appears to be the village square.

“The Goddess rewards her true believers! Archbishop Rhea is an apostate of the devil, persecuting members of the true faith. But we shall not let-“ You hear the familiar voice cut off as your group enters the scene, weapons unsheathed.

“You?!” The Dark Mage screams. All around, Western Church soldiers are snapping to attention as the villagers run around, yelling in fear of the armed conflict that seems ready to erupt.

“Are we interrupting something?!” Screams Leopold. “Surrender yourself, blasphemer! Or you and your ilk will be put to the sword here and now!”

“Hah! You stupid bastard! The Goddess has seen fit to reward me with a chance at redemption today, and I intend to seize it! Men! To arms!” The Dark Mage yells, retreating further into the town.

“Stand your ground! Blair, you’re our eyes above, act as you see fit! Try and ensure that those houses aren’t drawn into the fighting”

>A): Stand your ground with Leopold and Corrine as the first wave of enemy soldiers comes your way
>B): Bernadetta and your mages are getting ready to fire upon the first wave. Join them and toss your javelin
>C): Start making your way to one of the visitable houses, flying over the first wave of enemies.
>D): Write-in
>>
File: Chapter 6(1).png (63 KB, 1076x738)
63 KB
63 KB .png
>>4994041
“Marche Village?” Asks Xavier. “That’s not too far from here.”

“We spoke with the Elder while you were gone, who corroborated with this girl told you.” Says Leopold. “About 20 armed men came to this village recently, spewing the usual nonsense. Fortunately, this village is a bit more well off than most, and they had a difficult time attracting more than a handful of men to their cause before leaving.”

“Twenty?!” Squeaks Bernadetta. “T-that’s a lot!”

“Pfft, I swear we killed twice as many as that number back at Tauros Village.” Boasts Corrine. “These Western dogs need all the men they can get.”

“Outnumbered or not, we can’t let them continue harassing these villages.” Says Leopold. “Grab your things, we’re moving out now.”

Departing Carcino, your group moves at a much quicker pace than what you had started at. Leopold believes that due to the Western Church’s larger numbers, they will be moving much slower than you, and he hopes to be able to catch up with them when they least expect it. This results in your group taking much quicker rests and keeping the chatter to a minimum as you stay on high alert. Two days later, you find yourself in front of the gates of Marche Village.

“Cadets, form up! Blair and Corrine, you two will crash through those gates with me first. Ranged and support units stay behind. Petra, cover our flank and skirmish as you see fit. Let’s go!”

You spur Beathan forward, opting not to take flight just yet and give away your unit’s position. As you rapidly approach the gates, you see a large group of people gathered in what appears to be the village square.

“The Goddess rewards her true believers! Archbishop Rhea is an apostate of the devil, persecuting members of the true faith. But we shall not let-“ You hear the familiar voice cut off as your group enters the scene, weapons unsheathed.

“You?!” The Dark Mage screams. All around, Western Church soldiers are snapping to attention as the villagers run around, yelling in fear of the armed conflict that seems ready to erupt.

“Are we interrupting something?!” Screams Leopold. “Surrender yourself, blasphemer! Or you and your ilk will be put to the sword here and now!”

“Hah! You stupid bastard! The Goddess has seen fit to reward me with a chance at redemption today, and I intend to seize it! Men! To arms!” The Dark Mage yells, retreating further into the town.

“Stand your ground! Blair, you’re our eyes above, act as you see fit! Try and ensure that those houses aren’t drawn into the fighting”

>A): Stand your ground with Leopold and Corrine as the first wave of enemy soldiers comes your way
>B): Bernadetta and your mages are getting ready to fire upon the first wave. Join them and toss your javelin
>C): Start making your way to one of the visitable houses, flying over the first wave of enemies.
>>
>>4994049
>>B): Bernadetta and your mages are getting ready to fire upon the first wave. Join them and toss your javelin
>>
>>4994049
Okay we need to take out mook 6 and 14 asap because they're archers.

Also we really need to grind up flying ASAP to get alert stance - it'll make stand your ground options more viable.
>>
>>4994049
>>
>>4994049
>>A): Stand your ground with Leopold and Corrine as the first wave of enemy soldiers comes your way
I would love to head toward the houses instead, but the archers in the way severely limit the area where we can manuever. We should prepare a counter charge after dealing with the first wave while our ranged units deal with 6,7,13, and 14
>>
>>4994049
>>
>>4994049
>>A): Stand your ground with Leopold and Corrine as the first wave of enemy soldiers comes your way
>>
>>4994049
>Stand your ground with Leopold and Corrine as the first wave of enemy soldiers comes your way
>>
File: Norman.jpg (26 KB, 250x205)
26 KB
26 KB .jpg
>>4994049
Heading your way are four soldiers of the Western Church, two wielding lances and the other two swinging wicked looking axes. Before they can even get near your front line, they are assailed by a variety of ranged attacks coming from your backline. Bernadetta neatly catches one soldier in the throat with an arrow as she activates her Crest. The soldier next to him stumbles as your javelin pierces his leg, sending him to the ground to roll in front of Leopold, who skewers him on his lance. (10xp gained, 60/100).

The two fighters don’t fare much better. Martha sets one ablaze, and he screams in agony until a Hand Axe from Corrine collides with his head. The last fighter is peppered by two swift arrows from Petra, before having his blood sucked dry by Xavier’s Nosferatu spell.

Just like that, the first wave of Western Soldiers lies dead in front of you. From behind their corpses, you can see another line of enemy combatants, though these look different from the ones that you just slew. They wear no armor, instead dressed in typical commoner garb. You quickly deduce that these must be the villagers from Carcino that joined up with the Dark Mage. Judging by the looks on their faces, they don’t appear eager to charge in after seeing you make quick work of their comrades.

“What are you louts doing standing around?!” You hear a nearby Western Church soldier yell. “The Goddess demands that these heathens be brought to justice! To die a martyr in the name of Seiros is one of the greatest honors there is!”

The conscripts reluctantly move closer towards, you, flanked by some archers and soldiers that had hung back from the initial charge.

“I’m not afraid!” One particularly large villager yells aloud. “Demons disguised as Knights; I won’t let you continue to harm the Goddess’ true believers! Follow me men!” The muscular man’s words seem to inspire his comrades somewhat, and they grow bolder.” As you study the man a bit closer, noticing that he is a few feat taller and stockier than his comrades, you realize that this must be the brother that Becky was talking about, Norman. What the hell is he even talking about though!? Does he even know what he’s fighting for?
>>
File: Chapter 6(2).png (60 KB, 1093x740)
60 KB
60 KB .png
>>4995868
From atop your Pegasus, you look out into the distance and see the arrival of some additional men. They don’t appear to wear the same gear as the Western Church soldiers though. Their ragtag garb and weaponry are the tell-tale signs of bandits. It seems they seek to take advantage of the confusion and loot the surrounding houses.

>QM Note: Bandits will loot their respective houses (X37, AP37) 3 turns after appearing if not stopped.

>A): Stand your ground, deal with this oncoming wave of enemies like the last. Norman may die, but it’s a safer bet than putting you at risk of those archers.
>B): Try and talk with Norman, mentioning that you met his sister. These villagers appear to have been misled. Maybe you can talk them over. (What do you say?)
>C): Those bandits are going to harm innocents if not stopped! Try and stop them before it’s too late. (Choose which house to go to.)
>D): Write-In
>>
>>4995870
>B): Try and talk with Norman, mentioning that you met his sister. These villagers appear to have been misled. Maybe you can talk them over. (What do you say?)
Let's go and talk to him before he gets himself killed by the people with us. Tell him that his sister wants to see him again and that he doesn't have to die today.
>>
>>4995870
>>B): Try and talk with Norman, mentioning that you met his sister. These villagers appear to have been misled. Maybe you can talk them over. (What do you say?)
"You there, the tall one! From my experience, young girls don't handle losing family well at all. You get what I'm saying, right Norman? For Becky's sake, please. She's worried about you."
Is about the best I can think of atm. Can't help but shake the feeling from the wording that his mother is upset as in not just worried but angry about him leaving. It's probably better to focus on his sister who he might have a closer relation with.
>>
>>4995870
>"Men of Carcino Village, listen to what I have to say. Not two months ago, I traveled to Tauros village on a peaceful mission to escort it's Priestess and any pilgrims to Garreg Mach for the Godesses Right of Rebirth. Whilst settling in for a nights rest in the village chapel, we learned that a group of mysterious men had been agitating the townsfolk to acts of violence. Pilgrims had been brutally beaten and driven away, and anyone who attended mass were coerced by threat of force to stop attending."
>"During that very night, those men came to the Chapel. To the House of the Godess. They broke down it's doors, battered down it's walls and tried to burn it down to it's very foundation. They tried to kill me and my companions and slaughter it's Priestess, because somehow murdering the innocent and peaceful will 'appease the Godess'. And when their attack faltered, when their swords broke and their magic failed them, these men scurried away into the darkness like rats. They left Tauros Village and took their promises with them, leaving only the weight of their crimes behind for those who sided with them to bear. And now, these very same men have come here to reap yet another batch of innocent lives, another group of men to bear their sins."
>"Men of Carcino, do not let these vile men lay on you a burden which is not yours to bear. Do not let them use you as sacrifices so they may slink away from Justice again. Lay down your arms, and go home to your families. They miss you terribly, and fear for what might become of you."

This next part is directed specifically towards Norman:
>"Norman, please go home. Your little sister Becky told me that your mother is worried sick about you. They miss you. Don't do this."

Maybe land Beathan a respectable distance from Norman and the archers for the last part, I feel such a gesture although small is important. Or not, it could just be my turbo autism speaking.
>>
>>4995870
>>4996302
supporting
>>
>>4995870
>>B): Try and talk with Norman, mentioning that you met his sister. These villagers appear to have been misled. Maybe you can talk them over
>>
>>4996302
>>4995870
Supporting this, the other speech seems a bit too much for Blair to yell out at the moment.
>>
>>4995870
Pretty much this
>>4996302
>>
File: Blair.jpg (40 KB, 533x687)
40 KB
40 KB .jpg
You’re sure that if left to their own devices, these villagers will get themselves killed charging your position. The others may not think twice about it, but you owe it to that little girl to at least try and talk some sense into your misguided attackers. You urge Beathan to move towards the leader of the pack, taking care not to get close enough that the archers are easily able to turn you into a pincushion.

“Where the hell do you think you’re going?!” Yells Leopold as you break formation.

>If your plan fails and these villagers don’t kill you, Leopold will surely finish you off. You yell out towards Norman. “You there, the tall one! From my experience, young girls don't handle losing family well at all. You get what I'm saying, right Norman? For Becky's sake, please. She's worried about you."

The man’s charge abruptly ends as he looks at you, face twisted in first confusion, then rage.

“W-what? You know Becky? Did you hurt her, you demon?!”

>“What?! No, you oaf! I spoke with your sister back at Carcino Village! Her and your mother are worried sick. Do you really want to throw away your life here!?

“B-but…you’re demons! You’ve been attacking followers of Seiros! That’s what the other guy said! Why should I believe you?!”

>“Why should you believe him?!” You retort.

The man lowers his axe and begins pondering. While lost in thought, one of his fellow villagers interrupts.

“N-Norman…those church guys don’t look none too happy with us…” He says.

“Shut up! I’m thinking here!” Norman yells back.

>“Think quicker! Or those bandits back there are going to be helping themselves to this village. Bandits that your new friends don’t look like they’re keen on stopping!”

“Eh? Bandits?” Norman turns around, spotting one of the newcomers to the battlefield helping himself to some loot. “Hey! Knock that off!” Norman turns to one of the Western Soldiers. “Don’t just stand there, do something!”

The soldier looks back in disbelief. “Are you daft?! The enemy is right in front of you! You’re facing the wrong way!”

“Shut up! If you won’t stop them, then I will!” Norman raises his fist, riling up his fellow conscripts. “Lads! We’ve been deceived! These men are not the noble knights they claim to be! Defend the village!”

With a roar, the villagers from Carcino raise their weapons and turn them against the nearby Western Church soldiers. Your allies catch up with you.
>>
File: Blair.jpg (40 KB, 533x687)
40 KB
40 KB .jpg
>>4995870
You’re sure that if left to their own devices, these villagers will get themselves killed charging your position. The others may not think twice about it, but you owe it to that little girl to at least try and talk some sense into your misguided attackers. You urge Beathan to move towards the leader of the pack, taking care not to get close enough that the archers are easily able to turn you into a pincushion.

“Where the hell do you think you’re going?!” Yells Leopold as you break formation.

>If your plan fails and these villagers don’t kill you, Leopold will surely finish you off. You yell out towards Norman. “You there, the tall one! From my experience, young girls don't handle losing family well at all. You get what I'm saying, right Norman? For Becky's sake, please. She's worried about you."

The man’s charge abruptly ends as he looks at you, face twisted in first confusion, then rage.

“W-what? You know Becky? Did you hurt her, you demon?!”

>“What?! No, you oaf! I spoke with your sister back at Carcino Village! Her and your mother are worried sick. Do you really want to throw away your life here!?

“B-but…you’re demons! You’ve been attacking followers of Seiros! That’s what the other guy said! Why should I believe you?!”

>“Why should you believe him?!” You retort.

The man lowers his axe and begins pondering. While lost in thought, one of his fellow villagers interrupts.

“N-Norman…those church guys don’t look none too happy with us…” He says.

“Shut up! I’m thinking here!” Norman yells back.

>“Think quicker! Or those bandits back there are going to be helping themselves to this village. Bandits that your new friends don’t look like they’re keen on stopping!”

“Eh? Bandits?” Norman turns around, spotting one of the newcomers to the battlefield helping himself to some loot. “Hey! Knock that off!” Norman turns to one of the Western Soldiers. “Don’t just stand there, do something!”

The soldier looks back in disbelief. “Are you daft?! The enemy is right in front of you! You’re facing the wrong way!”

“Shut up! If you won’t stop them, then I will!” Norman raises his fist, riling up his fellow conscripts. “Lads! We’ve been deceived! These men are not the noble knights they claim to be! Defend the village!”

With a roar, the villagers from Carcino raise their weapons and turn them against the nearby Western Church soldiers. Your allies catch up with you.
>>
>>4998148
“How the hell did you know to do that?!” Asks Leopold.

>“They’ve turned their attention away from us, but they’re still at a disadvantage, and they’ll be slaughtered if we don’t back them up now!”

Leopold nods. “Move forward! Cut these Western dogs down!”

>QM Note: Bottom Houses will be looted in 2 turns. Top Houses will be looted in 3 turns.

>A): Back up Norman’s group against the Western Church.
>B): Make your way to the left house and try and cut off the bandits (X37).
>C): Make your way to the right house and try and cut off the bandits (AQ37).
>D): Leave the soldiers in front of you to Norman. Start moving towards the Dark Mage.
>E): Write-in.
>>
>>4998150
>C): Make your way to the right house and try and cut off the bandits (AQ37).
>>
>>4998150
The Bandits are bait, if we focus on them Fritz will undoubtedly escape again. Instead we free up Norman's group and send them out to deal with the bandits. Norman takes the houses in the X row with the units on his side while we send Petra or Corrine to back up the villagers heading to AQ row. This leaves us free to push through the relatively weak frontline and deal with Fritz before he escapes.
>>
>>4998150
Can't leave a job half finished
>>
>>4998150

I just want to keep the villagers alive
>>
>>4998150
The plan was a rousing success!
>>
>>4998150
>>A): Back up Norman’s group against the Western Church.
>>
>>4998150
>>
>>4998150
>>C): Make your way to the right house and try and cut off the bandits (AQ37).
>>
>>4998150
>>
>>4998150
>>A): Back up Norman’s group against the Western Church.
>>
>>4998150

Really no other option here since I don't see the MC as someone who would throw allies lives away to make things a little easier on her
>>
>>4999646
We’re Black Eagles so we should get started getting used to it
>>
File: Chapter 6(4).png (46 KB, 947x709)
46 KB
46 KB .png
>>4998150
Thickheaded as Norman and his friends seme to be, they’ll be slaughtered by the Western Soldiers if you don’t back them up. Spurring Beathan forward, you charge for the group to your left. The soldiers are tied up dealing with the villagers, and while they may have better equipment, they’re entirely unprepared for you to rush in. One of the Archers is holding his bow out trying to keep away a villager that is swinging wildly at him, only to find himself impaled at the end of your lance. (30 xp gained, 90/100).

The soldier next to him does not fare much better. An arrow from Bernadetta sends him to his knees, where his head is clubbed in by the blunt end of a villager’s pike. You catch from the corner of your eye that the soldiers on the other side suffer the same fate as Leopold and Corrine put them to the blade.

“What are you fools doing?!” The Dark Mage screams, anger and panic evident in his voice. “Push them back now!” As the Western soldiers begin to move forward, you notice that the Dark Mage is standing a healthy distance behind. Whether he’s looking to blast your party with magic from the backline, or make another run for it though, remains to be seen.

To your left, Norman is currently engaged with one of the brigands that was threatening the nearby house. You notice that Norman is unarmed, but rather fighting with a pair of wicked looking gauntlets, punching his foe and ducking the retaliatory blows. He looks like he may come out the victor, but the fight is still ongoing. The bandits to your right and up ahead remain unmolested.

“Form up and move forward!” Leopold yells. “Ranged units, get ready to fire! We’ll blast a hole through their front line and grab that bastard!”

>QM Note: Bottom Houses will be looted in 1 turn. Top Houses will be looted in 2 turns.

>A): Form up with your party. Get ready to get into combat with the Armored Knight and Fighter in front of you.
>B): Put that Pegasus to good use! Fly around the front line and poke at that Mage and Priest in the enemy’s backline
>C): You feel confident you can make a clear path for the Dark Mage. Try and take him out
>D): Norman looks like he’ll win, but you can never be too sure. Perhaps he can use some backup?
>E): You must help those villagers! Fly over to W31 and stop the bandit from looting.
>F): Write-In
>>
>>5000290

>E): You must help those villagers! Fly over to W31 and stop the bandit from looting.
>>
>>5000290
Time to retain the goodwill we’ve just won
>>
>>5000290
>>E): You must help those villagers! Fly over to W31 and stop the bandit from looting.
>>
>>5000290
>B): Put that Pegasus to good use! Fly around the front line and poke at that Mage and Priest in the enemy’s backline
>F): Write-In: Command Corrine to secure the house at AQ37 while the rest of the squad engages the enemy
Again, the bandits are bait. We have enough firepower to get through the enemy frontline this turn, if we focus fire on the Left Flank we can break it and deal with Fritz on the next turn.
>>
>>5000924
I think Corrine would get mobbed. We're a lot more flighty and better suited with handling groups of inaccurate barbarians
>>
>>5000990
We're also the Junior Officer of this mission. We can't go charging ahead by ourselves, we are supposed to be leading the squad and we can't do that if we go running across the battlefield like this. Remaining in the thick of battle to command the largest contingent while delegating smaller tasks to subordinates is what we're supposed to do as an officer.

Also
>I think Corrine would get mobbed
>Corrine getting "mobbed" by a single Brigand that's lower level than her
>>
>>5000290
Trying to think of if there's anyway to save all the houses from being looted and it's looking... not too good. Norman is up possibly solo against someone a level higher and I'm not sure we can prevent the looting of X30 by ourselves unless we go there *now*. AQ30 meanwhile is just about doomed unless Leopold and the nearby villagers rush for it. It really is a question of risking it all for 3 or 4, or securing 2 and then taking on the main threat.
Ultimately, a pegasus knight's strength is in flanking, something we'll be in perfect position of doing even after saving that house. I'd suggest sending villager 8 to help Norman and villager 9 to join the vanguard though, while Corine tries to secure AP27
>>
>>5000290
>>
File: Chapter 6(5).png (56 KB, 1020x745)
56 KB
56 KB .png
>>5000290
You’re here to stop the Western Church, but that doesn’t mean you’re going to let these bandits do as they please! From where you are, it’s a simple matter to fly over the house in front of you, towards the Bandit currently harassing the house up ahead. He doesn’t stop trying to smash through the door in front of him until he notices he’s engulfed in the shadow of Beathan swooping down towards him.

Swapping to your sword, you swing down, catching the man in the shoulder and nearly cutting his arm off at the socket. As he howls in pain, he wildly swings his axe trying to catch you, but Beathan jumps back out of the way. Rising on his hind legs, he kicks the bandit square in the head, pulping it and almost sending him through the door he was trying to break through. A bit of a more violent end than you anticipated, but at least you know your new friend isn’t as delicate as he appears.

>(30xp gained, 20/100, Level Up!

>Blair d'Rusalka
>Level 13 Pegasus Knight (20/100)
HP: 33 (85%) + 1 = 34
STR: 15 (40%) +1 = 16
MAG: 11 (45%) +1 = 12
DEX: 11 (45%)
SPD: 16 (65%)
LCK: 10 (30%)
DEF: 11 (50%)
RES: 7 (35%) + 1 = 8
CHARM: 11 (45%)

The door the bandit nearly broke through swings open, and a timid looking villager pokes his head out.

>”Stay in side, sir! We’re doing our best to protect you and the others, but it’s still dangerous out here!”

After saying this, you feel a sudden rush of heat as you turn around to find one of the houses behind you has been engulfed in flames.

“P-please! We don’t want any trouble!” The villager squeaks out. “You’re here to stop that mage right? Well then here, take this! It’s all we have of value! Do what you came here to do and then please leave!” The man throws a container in front of you and then heads back inside.

>You receive Pure Water x2 (Increases Resistance by 7, effect decreases by 1 each turn)

Leopold and Corrine have clashed head on with the Western Church forces and are doing their best to hold them at bay while your party’s ranged units back them up. Norman’s villagers have also entered the fray, though without immediate assistance, some of them are sure to perish.

You spot the Dark Mage, still hanging in the back, though now he’s somewhat isolated himself from the rest of his comrades. You have a clear path towards him, but there’s a lot going on right now. The final house in front of you is at risk of being burned by a bandit, and your comrades in the front lines may still need some help.

>QM Note: Top House will be looted in 1 turn.

>A): You have an open path to possibly defeating the enemy Commander right here. You must take this shot!
>B): You just saw what happens if you let these criminals go. Fly over to AO32 and stop the bandit!
>C): Slam right into the Western Church’s backline and stop those mages from causing any harm to the villagers.

In addition to your choice above, do you use a Pure Water?

>Yes
>No
>>
>>5002218
>>B): You just saw what happens if you let these criminals go. Fly over to AO32 and stop the bandit!
>Yes
Let's bait the mage's attack and tank it with the pure water.
>>
>>5002218
Having a hard time deciding between A and B. Eitherway I think that we should use the water since we'll be the closest to Fritz no matter which option we pick, and he no doubt hurts like a mf
>>
>>5002218
>B
I doubt that the mage will have the opportunity to get away by the time we've swooped in on the bandit, also if we do abandon the houses some of the axe guys from the village might get distracted and try to rescue them. Plus it looks like Leopold's company will crash through the front line shortly. There's also that bandit lurking around the outside.
>Y
I figure if we swipe into the house, the dark mage will attack us.
>>
>>5002218
>A): You have an open path to possibly defeating the enemy Commander right here. You must take this shot!
>Yes

We have a clear line to him, very little chance of his forces interrupting his and have a pure water in our arsenal. The best save to reduce the injuries on our side is to end the battle ASAP. Get the +res nd go to town-if we down the commander then his forces are sure to scatter so that means we'll probably save Norman's forces to boot.

Also
>>
>>5002218
>Yes
>>
>>5002218
>>B): You just saw what happens if you let these criminals go. Fly over to AO32 and stop the bandit!

Additionally,
>Yes
>>
>>5002218
>Yes
Worried that if we leave him unchecked too long he'll do another runner
>>
>>5002218
Blair has a pegasus - if Fritz runs again he's just going to be run down
>>
>>5002218
>B): You just saw what happens if you let these criminals go. Fly over to AO32 and stop the bandit!
>Yes
>>
File: Fritz (2).jpg (19 KB, 393x349)
19 KB
19 KB .jpg
>>5002218
Seeing that house go up in flames steels your resolve that ensuring the safety of this village takes priority over capturing the enemy commander. You fly over the Dark Mage towards the other house that is currently having its door pounded on by a bandit, taking care to pop open the lid of the Pure Water that villager gave you and pour it over your head (+7 RES). You’re not sure if you feel any more resistant to magic than normal, but you find it won’t be necessary for now as you catch the bandit by surprise.

Chopping down with your sword, you swing down and connect your blade with his clavicle. The man screams out in pain, clearly not having expected to have been interrupted from his looting. He swings out his axe, nicking you in the arm (-6 HP, 28/34), but it’s not enough to phase you. Raising your sword again, you swing it down and cleave through the man’s skull, decorating the door with gore. (30xp Gained, 50/100).

As you kill the criminal, the door pops open, and an elderly man pokes his head through.

“S-Seiros bless you, child.” The man coos. “Here, take this. It belonged to my son. He was a soldier in the Leicester Army. I feared I’d have to use it myself if that scoundrel had broken through.”

>You Receive an Iron Sword+!

“Please…we’re a small village. We have no interest in whatever religious feud you’re involved in. Just finish up and leave us be.”

>You nod. “Thank you, sir, I promise we mean no harm.” You say, as the man barricades himself inside again.

As you turn around to head back to the battlefield, you spot the Dark Mage, heading towards your direction in a hurry.

“You! I remember you! You should have stayed in your monastery, little girl!”

>“Coward! Were you seeking to flee again?”

“The Goddess has need of me yet. I can’t allow myself to die at the blades of heathens adhering to the doctrine of that harlot, Rhea.”

>“Well, you won’t be getting away, nor will you be meeting your Goddess! You’ll stand trial for your crimes; I’ll make sure of it!”

The Dark Mage barks a harsh laugh. “Before I leave, let me pay you back for stabbing me back at Tauros.”

>BOSS: Fritz
>Level 14 Dark Mage
>HP: 39, MAG: 19 DEX: 9 SPD: 12 LCK: 9 DEF: 10 RES: 16 CHARM: 15
>>
File: Chapter 6(6).png (46 KB, 939x722)
46 KB
46 KB .png
>>5003738
Whisps of Dark Magic rapidly surround Fritz, swarming up above until they are launched in your direction. You’ve seen him use this spell before. It’s the dark magic known as Banshee. The whisps collide directly with you and Beathen. (-13 HP, 15/34). The attack hurts, badly, but you recall it being much worse last time. That Pure Water paid off. Gritting through the numbing cold that’s biting you to the bone and threatens to knock you off your mount. You reach to Beathan’s side for your Javelin. You’ll show this bastard just how bad a mistake underestimating you is.

You retaliate by tossing a Javelin that connects square on in the chest, the same place you hit him back at Tauros. (BOSS -12 HP, 27/39).

The Dark Mage takes a few steps back, but he’s not down yet.

>A): Your movement is cut in half after that last attack, but you’re still close enough to get in with your Steel Lance+. Perhaps you can finish him here?
>B): You need some time to recover from that last attack. Pop open a Vulnerary now while you can.
>C): Try and create some distance between you and the Dark Mage. He’s a fearsome foe and you need backup.
>D): Write-In
>>
>>5003739
>>A): Your movement is cut in half after that last attack, but you’re still close enough to get in with your Steel Lance+. Perhaps you can finish him here?
two hits more will kill either of these two (with her Steel Lance+ Blair will deal 21 damage to Fritz, I believe) - but Blair doesn't have vantage so if this was the game then she would want to wait to allow Fritz to hit her again so that when she attacks she goes first and gets the first killing blow. but that sounds very boring and gamey and therefore I vote for Blair going ham and clutching this fight immediately.
Fritz could also switch to a different spell with more Mt or to Luna to overcome Blair's Res, ofc, so this is not safe. but it's what I want to read
>>
>>5003739
>Fritz's MAG: 19
>Blair's RES: 8+6 = 14 this turn, - 1 every turn until base 8
>Base damage output from Fritz: 5 this turn

>Potential base damage taken this round of combat with Fritz:
>If Miasma: 5+5 = 10
>If Mire: 5+3 = 8
>If Swarm: 5+4 = 9
>If Banshee: 5+9 = 14
>If Luna: 1+19 = 20

>Blair's current HP: 15
To say that any combat with Fritz right now is fatal would be an understatement, we can not tank his damage even if we permachug Vulneraries every turn. He'll just straight up kill us. Not to mention if we attack with the Lance like >>5003791 suggest, Fritz will Dual Attack us and kill us instantly regardless of spell used.

>C): Try and create some distance between you and the Dark Mage. He’s a fearsome foe and you need backup.
We need to create distance whilst Leopold cleave through the remaining frontline and comes to our aid, he's the only one who can reliably tank Fritz and open him up either for a Finisher or straight up kill him.

The other alternative is that we chug one Vulnerary this turn and putting us on 25HP which is out of the 1-shot range for Luna, tank the next set of spells and counter with the Javelin, putting Frtiz at 15 HP which is within finisher range for the Steel Lance (MT 11 + Blair's STR 16 + 4 from being damaged = 31 - Fritz's DEF 10 = 21). I can do either, but since you people almost killed us on the Lance of Ruin earlier I am inclined to play it safe.

This is of course reliant on us not missing an attack, which is entierly possible and will leave us dead. But at least it's not a guaranteed death like charging straight at him this turn is.
>>
>>5003852
>Fritz will Dual Attack us and kill us instantly regardless of spell used.
Disregard this, I misread the spell and thought he hit us with Swarm and not Banshee. Engaging with Fritz this turn is still a really stupid idea and is likely to get us killed. Any other course of action is preferable.
>>
>>5003739
>>
>>5003739
>>C): Try and create some distance between you and the Dark Mage. He’s a fearsome foe and you need backup.
>>
>>5003739
>>C): Try and create some distance between you and the Dark Mage. He’s a fearsome foe and you need backup.
>>
>If we had attacked Fritz, we'd be dead on enemy phase
>>
>>5004393
Nevermind I'm wrong
>>
>>5003739
We need to regroup with our healers and any rate.
>>
fritz's goal is not really to kill blair, though he thinks he can do so trivially. his main goal is to get away and making a lot of distance lets him do that. moreover blair's movement is hindered...if you want to be defensive, at least just chug a vulnerary.
in general I'm not a fan of overdefensiveness. there's no real point for Fritz to hold back on using Luna in order to gotcha Blair. she's a pegasus knight, a class of fighter well known for their resistance, she's the perfect target for luna (other than the paladin who would probably just kill him outright anyway). he probably used the most damaging spell he had, it's just nonsensical to assume that he's trying to bait her or something. there's being safe and then there's being cowardly
>>
We have a greater range of movement than he does, don't we? Is there a chance to hang back for now, chug a vulnerary and possibly gain someone on horseback as ground support to get back to Fritz on the next turn, preferably while doling out a parting javelin for now?
>>
>>5005477
Banshee reduces movement, so blair is much slower though it's not completely clear where she can move at the moment or if she could outpace fritz; if you want to chug an vulnerary then there is literally an option for that. as for gaining backup that's a different matter and one that isn't affected by Blair's own actions.
>>
>>5005515
Thank you. I meant more like chugging a vulnerary and chucking a javelin in the same turn while moving toward where our allies see. Maybe pick up an archer to ride with us or w/e - I'm only getting caught up on the mechanics.
>>
File: Burning House.jpg (127 KB, 542x409)
127 KB
127 KB .jpg
>>5003739
You’re beginning to get the impression that, as per usual, you may have bitten off more than you can chew. Fritz is wounded, but he’s not down for the count just yet, and unfortunately even with your Pure Water, you don’t feel confident in your ability to survive another attack of that caliber. Whether by instinct or sense, you try to put some distance between yourself and the Dark Mage, attempting to fly over the now burning house in front of you and use it as a barrier from another attack. In your haste to get away though, you neglect that your movement speed has been cut in half from the previous Banshee strike. In a panic, you quickly unhook one of the vulneraries attached to your belt and pour the contents on yourself. You instantly feel the invigorating effects of the salve, but not for long. (+15 HP, 30/34, -1 Vulnerary).

“Going somewhere?!” The Dark Mage taunts. Dark whisps surround him once again, swirling round and round until they launch themselves in your direction. They collide with you and your steed while you are in mid-air. The attack hurts a little more this time, but fortunately won’t kill you just yet. (-14 HP, 16/34.)

Your teeth are chattering as the cold of the Banshee works its way through your bones again. Before you can make your way behind the house, you launch another javelin towards man through the smoke in front of you. As your Pegasus touches down on the ground, you can hear him screaming. (BOSS -12 HP, 15/39)

>(20xp gained, (70/100)

In front of you, the battle appears to have been mostly wrapped up. Petra is keeping out of reach of a badly wounded Armored Knight, until Corrine plants her axe into his helm, denting the metal and killing him. Two of the villagers that defected to your side are on the ground, badly wounded, but looking like they’ll survive. Leopold rushes passed you on his steed. Impaled on his spear seems to be the corpse of an enemy mage.

“Where did he go?!” The knight questions you.

>You point in the direction you just came for. Your entire body is shivering from the numbing cold still, and it’s a wonder you were able to even hit the mage a second time. “H-he’s trying to make a run for it again.”

“Shit!” Leopold shakes the mage off his spear, before galloping in the direction of the mage.

Xavier attends to you after the Paladin leaves. From the sounds of things, the fighting has ended, and the rest of the Western Church soldiers have been routed.
>>
File: Chapter 6(Final).png (43 KB, 943x710)
43 KB
43 KB .png
>>5006132
“Hang still, Blair.” Says Xavier. “I’ll get you back up.”

“Did you go charging after the big bad again, Blair?” Asks Martha. “Geeze, you’re a glutton for punishment!”

“Martha! Don’t talk to your commanding officer that way!” Chides Xavier.

“No, she’s right.” Says Corrine, joining the conversation. “If I didn’t know any better, I’d almost think you’re suicidal.”

>“S-shut u-up.” You manage to spit out through chattering teeth.

“Aww, you look like you’re freezing! Do you need me to warm you up?” Corrine teases.

>“Leopold went after the Dark Mage! We need to go back him up!”

“Do not be worrying.” Petra says, looking off ahead. “It looks like you worked the good job.”

“Unhand me swine!”

As you look ahead, you see Leopold on his mount, holding a length of rope. At the end of it is the prone form of the Dark Mage, being dragged by the Paladin. Upon closer inspection, he appears to have your javelin sticking out of his leg. Your final toss managed to hamper his mobility, making it a trivial matter for Leopold to capture him on horseback.

“I said let go of me! Heathens! Swine! The Goddess will see fit to punish you for your transgressions! It is her will that I carry ou-“ The screaming man is interrupted as Leopold gets off his mount, picks the wounded man up with one hand, and punches him in the head, knocking him out cold. He drops the mage back on the ground.

“Xavier, see to it that his leg wound is healed. We wouldn’t want him bleeding out before we get back to the monastery.” Leopold says.

“Yes sir!” Xavier finishes bringing you back to full health, before running off to attend to the Dark Mage.

“Good work out there, Blair.” Leopold says, turning to face you. “While you were certainly a little more reckless than I would have liked, I can’t deny that you produced results. Saving those houses from the bandits, wounding the enemy commander to allow his capture, and even turning those villagers over to our side. You performed admirably.”

The house that you are all standing by groans and creeks as the roof caves in from the flames.

“Though I wish we could have saved everyone.” Leopold grimaces.

From up ahead you hear a stir occurring. Now that the fighting is over, the other villagers have come out of hiding. At their head is an elderly man, who you figure must serve as the village chief.

“I’d best go explain.” Says Leopold, walking off towards the group up ahead.

You dismount Beathan, rubbing his head and scratching behind his ears, and feeling extremely grateful for your new friend.

>A): Head over with Leopold and see what the commotion is
>B): Norman and his friends are being cared for by Elizabeth. Introduce yourself to the man.
>C): Oversee Xavier’s healing of the Dark Mage. You believe the man may wake up from his blow soon
>D): Speak with one of the other party members present: (Corrine, Petra, Bernadetta or Martha)
>>
>>5006134
>>
>>5002218
>Rising on his hind legs, he kicks the bandit square in the head, pulping it
Damn, Beathan is one ice cold G
>>5006134
>B): Norman and his friends are being cared for by Elizabeth. Introduce yourself to the man.
>>
>>5006134
>>D): Speak with one of the other party members present: Corrine
>>
>>5006134
>>B): Norman and his friends are being cared for by Elizabeth. Introduce yourself to the man.
>>
>>5006134
>>
File: 1624100805793.png (312 KB, 533x595)
312 KB
312 KB .png
Fritz mogging Blair out of boss experience a 2nd time.
>>
>>5006134
>>
>>5006134
Leopold, competent as he is, doesn't strike me as being amazing at the whole deescalating thing.

>>5006688
I-it's okay, we're still around the same level as all the other students! Haha...
>>
>>5006688
maybe if we save up cash and get [RESISTANCE BOOSTING SUBSTANCES] We can just ignore future mages attacks
>>
>>5006134
>>B): Norman and his friends are being cared for by Elizabeth. Introduce yourself to the man.
>>
>>5006134
>>
File: Norman (2).jpg (10 KB, 247x202)
10 KB
10 KB .jpg
>>5006134
You walk towards Norman and the two other men from Carcino that managed to survive the battle. They all look worse for wear, and are being attended to by Elizabeth, who is patching up their wounds.

>“How are you holding up?” You ask Norman.

The blonde man turns to you, the scowl that was previously on his face disappearing. Up close, he’s much larger than you first thought, with bulging muscles that remind you a bit of Raphael.

“We’ll live…though I wish I could say the same for the two lads that came with me.”

>“What were you thinking, following that man?” You ask.

The scowl returns to his face. “He put a bunch of foolish thoughts in our heads. They they was heroes, seeking to liberate the land from the Archbishop. That it was her fault we could barely make ends meet, and that they were the righteous ones, who needed our help.” Nathan spits on the ground. “All hogwash. They didn’t even lift a finger to stop them bandits. Cause of them that damn house went up in flames, and my friends are dead.”

>You sigh. “I’m sorry about your friends. You’re not the first people that mage has done this to. But thanks to your help, we’ll be able to finally bring him to justice.”

Norman shakes his head. “Don’t feel like I helped much at all. You people seem strong enough that you could have easily torn through me and my friends without breakin’ a sweat. But you saw fit to spare us. I won’t forget this…uhh…”

>“Blair. And don’t thank me. Thank that little sister of yours. I did it for her.”

Norman looks down, embarrassment creeping into his face. “Thanks Blair, I promise you, I’ll make it up to you one day.”

Leopold returns to your group, having finished his conversation with the elder of Marche Village.

“These folks are grateful enough that we saved most of them from those bandits, but they want us out of here as soon as possible.” Leopold says. “Wrap up and let’s get moving.”

Before you leave, you and the others assist with burying the villagers that died in the bandit attack, along with Norman’s friends. The Western Church Soldiers are searched for any intel, before being thrown in a mass grave.
>>
File: Becky (2).jpg (13 KB, 246x216)
13 KB
13 KB .jpg
>>5008182
Along the way back to Garreg Mach, you and the others stop back at Carcino Village to drop off Norman and the others.

“Big Brother!” You hear the familiar voice of Becky call out, as she spots you and Norman enter the village together. She jumps straight into her brother’s arms.

“Squirt! I hear you was worried about me!” Norman says, spinning the little girl around.

“Stupid! Mom hasn’t stopped crying since you left! Go say sorry right now!”

“R-right.” Norman turns to you. “Thanks again, Blair. Like I said, I don’t know when or how, but I promise I’ll make it up to you someday! In the meantime, though, take this.”

Norman hands you a brown, sparkling gem.

“That villager’s house I saved from the bandit gave it to me. I guess he thought I was trying to rob him too or something. Either way, it’s all yours!

>You receive a Brown Gem! (Worth 500g)

>“Thank you, Norman.” You bow. I look forward to meeting you again someday.

As the lad runs off in the direction of his home, Becky sticks around.

“Thanks for bringing him back home, Blair. You and Beathan really are the coolest, you’re like real life heroes!”

>“It was nothing, really! I’m glad I was able to help.”

Becky reaches into her pocket, pulling out a white flower that you recognize as a Verona.

“I found this when I was picking berries in the woods earlier. I thought it was really pretty! You can have it!”

>You receive a White Verona! (Permanently boost Res by +1)

“I’m gonna grow up big and strong so I can help you and Beathan out one day too, okay!?”

>“Thank you, Becky. Look after your brother!”

The young girl nods and runs off after Norman.

Bernadetta, who had been standing besides you the entire time, gives off a sigh of relief. “You did a really nice thing, Blair.”

>“Yes…It’s nice to not have to kill someone for a change.”

Bernadetta merely nods and looks down to the ground.

Your group will be staying in Marche Village for the night, before heading back to Garreg Mach the next day. In the meantime, you have some time to kill.

>A): Speak with Leopold and Elizabeth
>B): Speak with Bernadetta
>C): Speak with Petra
>D): Speak with Corrine
>E): Speak with Martha and Xavier
>>
>>5008183
>A): Speak with Leopold and Elizabeth
I wanna see if that dark mage talked. Plus we probably won't have the chance to speak with them both for a while after this.
>>
>>5008183
>>A): Speak with Leopold and Elizabeth
>>
>>5008183
pog scene and pog flower
I don't want every conversation this trip to be Leopold, Blair shouldn't be aloof from the people she brought to fight and kill under her command. I'd also be okay with Petra; Bernie's screentime is kind of satisfied by the comments there at the end
>>
>>5008183
>>D): Speak with Corrine
>>
>>5008183
We have really neglected best friend Bernie for too long now.
>>
>>5008183
I'd like to talk to Bernadetta, but if no more votes come by the time you need to write I'm fine with switching to Leopold and Elizabeth.
>>
>>5008389
Our platonic best friend is Ashe though?
>>
>>5008657
>platonic
>>
>>5008183
>>E): Speak with Martha and Xavier

>>5008657
>platonic
>>
>>5008183
>>5008375
I'm fine with speaking to Bernie too, a la >>5008389, so I'll switch to an approval vote. but I'd prefer Martha/Xavier
>>
>>5008657
Also, if it's not decided I'll support
>E) Speak with Martha and Xavier
>>
>>5008183
>>
File: Bernadetta.jpg (95 KB, 800x1000)
95 KB
95 KB .jpg
>>5008183
You and Bernadetta stand there after Norman and Becky leave. It’s dusk right now, and the villagers are getting ready to turn in for the night. The rest of your party has gone back to the local inn, the rooms fortunately free of charge, as the village was grateful that you were able to bring some of their boys back alive.

>“Sorry for bringing you along to this, Bernie.” You confess. “I know that you’d rather be doing…anything else.”

Bernadetta nods. “Yeah, you’re right. I would.”

>“S-sorry.” You spurt out, not expecting Bernie to have been so brazen.

Bernadetta sighs. “No, it’s my fault. You at least asked me and gave me a choice in the matter. Lately I’ve gotten used to that not necessarily always being the case.”

The two of you begin walking back towards the inn.

“I never wanted to come to this stupid Academy. But it wasn’t my choice. Everyone’s always…making me do things! My family sending me here to train, my father trying to marry me off to some rich husband, even the Professor and Edelgard! I don’t want to go out there and kill people, but they both make me do it. For once I’d love to just have a say in the matter…”

>“I’m sorry, Bernie. I had no idea how you felt.”

“It’s fine, that’s just my life!” Bernadetta shouts, somewhat shrilly. “Even though I didn’t want to do this, I’m glad you at least gave me an option. And I knew that…you wouldn’t take me along if you thought it was truly dangerous. You’ve done a pretty good job at keeping me safe so far. So, I figured I could try and return the favor”

>“I appreciate that.. And don’t worry, I’ll always keep protecting you out there!” You flex a muscle. “That’s what friends are for, right?”

The purple-haired archer sighs, looking to the ground. “My father has never been…a particularly warm person. He hates commoners. He would strictly forbid me from conversing or befriending them. But…I’m glad I didn’t listen to him. If I had, I’d never have become friends with you or Dorothea! I guess what I’m saying is…thank you for putting up with me, Blair. You’re one of the reasons being at Garreg Mach isn’t all that bad.”

>“Thanks Bernie. I didn’t exactly… choose to come here either, but I’m glad we’ve been able to make the most of it. Let’s finish this year off right!”

>You feel a stronger bond growing with Bernadetta!

The return trip to Garreg Mach goes by without incident. The Dark Mage, whom you later discover is named Fritz, has kept his mouth shut for most of the journey, occasionally grumbling some obscenities about the Archbishop or Leopold. Fortunately, though, he doesn’t put up much resistance, and you’re able to make it back to the monastery without any issues.
>>
File: Corrine.png (50 KB, 250x219)
50 KB
50 KB .png
>>5009758
“Great job out there, all of you. Those were trained soldiers, and even still we were able to defeat them while limiting civilian casualties. There just may be some hope for you cadets yet.” Leopold says. “Come see me later this month, Blair. Obviously, my training is paying off, but we mustn’t let up.”

>You wince, not looking forward to another session of Leopold brutalizing you. “Y-yes, looking forward to it.”

As the Paladin makes to leave, restraining Fritz via rope, the Dark Mage offers his first sign of resistance, pausing to address you.

“Twice already our battles have ended without a conclusion. I hope the next time we meet; we finally end things.” Fritz smirks.

>“I imagine the next time I see you will be at the Executioner’s Block.”

“For your sake, I hope so.” The Dark Mage retorts back.

“Keep it moving!” Leopold shouts, dragging the mage along with him.

“Thank you for the help, Blair.” Elizabeth says. “This was but the first step to bringing some justice to the citizens of Tauros Village. I’ll be staying at the monastery until the end of the year. If you ever have need of me again, please don’t hesitate to ask.” With that, she departs.

“Great job out there, kids!” Corrine says. “Why with skills such as those, I’m sure we’ll have no problem winning the Battle of the Eagle and Lion this month.”

>“Battle of the who and what now?”

>“You don’t know, Chief?!” Exclaims Martha. “The Battle of the Eagle and Lion is the biggest event of the school year! It’s like the Mock Battle, only a hundred times bigger, with every student from each house duking it out to be the best!”

“This year’s battle is sure to be high-profile, what with the heirs of each of the three nations leading their houses.” Says Xavier.

“E-every student!? I can’t sit out?!” Asks Bernadetta.

“You sure can’t!” Says Corrine. “Every student is obligated to compete on behalf of their house.” She turns to you. “Me personally, I’m looking forward to having some fun with some of Blair’s Blue Lion friends.”

You sigh. “If you’re trying to get a rise out of me, it won’t work.”

“Oh, that’s great to hear! I was worried you’d try and stop me. I’m a little jealous of that Ashe kid, you know? Maybe I’ll get him first.”

>“Why are you like this?!”

Your group disbands, another successful mission behind you. The battle at the end of this month, while non-lethal, promises to be the biggest yet. You’ll want to make sure you’re ready to go all out.

>Selection options for the following:
>A): Pick two Proficiencies to raise by one grade this month
>B): Pick one Proficiency to raise by two grades this month
Lance: B
Authority/Tactics: B-
Reason: D+
Axe: D
Flying: D+
Sword: E+
Bow: E
Cavalry: E
Brawl: E-
Faith: E-
Heavy Armor: E-
>>
File: 1430679047038.png (69 KB, 300x300)
69 KB
69 KB .png
>>5009759
I'm going to have to apologize to the Magic Chads for this, but the battle with Fritz made me realize that in terms of Attack Speed, we're actually not doing that hot right now. Had Fritz attacked us with Swarm he would've lowered our speed to the point where he'd be dual attacking us with every spell aside from Banshee, and that ain't good at all. If we assume Fritz is the lowest bar for Bosses going forward we need to up our Attack Speed to stay relevant. Hence I feel the next few months of training should look like this:

>A): Pick two Proficiencies to raise by one grade this month (Heavy Armor)
>B): Pick one Proficiency to raise by two grades this month (Reason/Sword)

Now for those of you who don't know how Three Houses calculates Attack Speed, I'll explain it real quick so I can get to why we should do Heavy Armor:
A units Speed is used as the base, and the weight of the current equipment is subtracted from it to give the units Attack Speed.

Each weapon, spell and off-hand item has an individual weight to it, but is only used for calculations when wielded. Having a Javelin in our inventory but not equipped will not affect our A/S for attacks made with our Steel Lance for example.

For every 5 points of strength a character has, they reduce the weight of items by 1. Our STR of 16 thus gives us a natural weight reduction of 3.

Our Steel Lance has a weight of 11, minus 3 from our STR for a total of 8. Subtracting 8 from our SPD of 16 gives us a total of 8 for our A/S with the Steel Lance.

Now to the main gist of things. Heavy Armor, when Rank C is reached, will give a trait that passively lowers item weight by 3. This is basically the same as giving us +3 Speed, and will let us equip shields for extra DEF and RES with minimal impact on our A/S. Honestly we should've been aiming for this much earlier, but it completely slipped my mind in the earlier threads until I went back to play the game again this week. Very gomenasai from my part, I should've caught this way earlier. Preasu forgivu.
>>
>>5009812
>>5009759
Phone posting of course makes me retarded, the vote is supposed to look like this:
>A): Pick two Proficiencies to raise by one grade this month (Reason, Sword)
>B): Pick one Proficiency to raise by two grades this month (Heavy Armor)
>>
>>5009812
>>5009820

Rank C Heavy Armor isn't trivial to reach at all, it's too much of an investment. Blair's best two abilities, Lance and Authority, are the only ones that she's raised above that, with not even Flying that high. Weight -3 is good, sure, but I'm personally not really here to minmax Blair, or else I wouldn't want her to be a Dark Flier in the first place. if we're talking about stretch goals, then Alert Stance is more enticing to me, and Blair won't reach that if she gets distracted so thoroughly
In encounters where we're concerned about her attack speed, Blair can switch to her Iron Sword+. And most of the time she definitely won't be hit by Swarm - Dark Mages are rare. You're catastrophizing, IMO
>>5009759
>>A): Pick two Proficiencies to raise by one grade this month (Authority, Reason)
>>B): Pick one Proficiency to raise by two grades this month (Flying)
>>
>>5009759
>A): Pick two Proficiencies to raise by one grade this month (Authority, Reason)
>B): Pick one Proficiency to raise by two grades this month (Flying)

>>5009812
>Rank C for any payoff
Nah once we max out Authority and get our skills in order for our future promotes, any surplus study sessions are better off being used to buff flying (for alert stance+) and swords (to eventually get axebreaker at B). Otherwise we're just throwing levels away.
>>
File: 1629799899790.gif (70 KB, 296x335)
70 KB
70 KB .gif
>>5009861
>You're catastrophizing,IMO
Attack Speed is the single greatest defensive and offensive metrics that exist. Have enough of it and you double your damage output, have too little and every combat risks killing you. I wouldn't call it catastrophizing to argue that we should ensure we have at least enough to not get outsped. Fritz was a mage who generally have lower speed growth than most units [Citation Needed, I don't remember the actual stat growth for mage classes], but he was still within range to dual us had he played it smart.

When I say we need more speed, it's not because we need it to bully Fritz. It's because we need it to not get outsped by other units with high speed growths. Fritz just made me realize we don't have spectacular speed stats.

>if we're talking about stretch goals, then Alert Stance is more enticing to me
Alert Stance is good in the game, but only because the AI is brain dead and will throw themselves at the one unit it can attack, regardless of hit chance or potential damage output. I'd expect the QM to not let us get away with such cheese when battles intensifies later on. Alert Stance requires inaction to activate and thus handing over initiative to the enemy, something I personally can not see working out well for us in combat.

>>5009879
>Rank C for any payoff
...yes? Is there an argument here? Every skill requires Rank C minimum before it gives you benificial passive perks. Anything below that gives you Combat Arts or negligible accuracy/evade buffs only.
>>
>>5009759
>A): Pick two Proficiencies to raise by one grade this month (Lance, Authority)
>>
>>5009759
Authority, Reason
Sword
>>
>>5009759
>A): Pick two Proficiencies to raise by one grade this month (Authority, Reason)
>>
>>5009759
>>
Having C in Heavy Armor would be neat for the Speed buff, but let's raise our main skills to B and higher before we train in a skill that we want only for a Perk
>>
>>5009879
+1
>>
>>5009759
>>
>>5009759
Reason
Authority/Tactics + Flying
>>
>>5010768
bweh, fucked that up. Also changed my mind
>A): Pick two Proficiencies to raise by one grade this month (Flying, Reason)
>B): Pick one Proficiency to raise by two grades this month (Sword)
>>
File: Three Houses Banners.jpg (221 KB, 1436x836)
221 KB
221 KB .jpg
>>5009759
Chapter 7: White Clouds, Wyvern Moon, Battle of the Eagle and Lion

>You receive 500 gold for selling the Brown Gem, and another 500 gold from Count Rusalka for this month’s expenses. (2750g current.)

You decide it best not to neglect your lessons in Authority and Reason, especially after you’ve come so far in both. As for what you plan on emphasizing this month, you want to get a bit more practice with Beathan in. The last battle showed you just how invaluable your new ally is, and you want to familiarize yourself with him as much as possible.

Garreg Mach is abuzz with chatter about the Battle of the Eagle and Lion. From what you’ve gathered, the event is the biggest of the school year. Nobles from across the three nations of Fodlan come in droves to Gronder Field to watch the battle unfold and place wagers on who they believe will win. It’s not uncommon for cadets that distinguish themselves during the battle to find themselves a patron who wishes to then enroll them into their service.

The chatter you’ve overheard suggests that this year, the Black Eagles are the favorite. You’re not surprised, you expected as much from the house that managed to put down Lonato’s rebellion and retrieve the Lance of Ruin. Not to mention the latest encounter with the Death Knight, that you were so conveniently absent for.

That week at the Officer’s Meeting, discussions on the upcoming battle are being led by the Professor, Edelgard and Hubert.

“The rules of this month’s large-scale battle are similar to the ones from the Mock Battle, with a few changes in place. A house is defeated either when all of their students are incapacitated, or their control point is captured.” Begins Hubert. “Additionally, Heroes Relics are banned during this event. While this means we are unable to make use of the Professor’s Sword of the Creator, we at least won’t have to contend with the Gautier boy’s Lance of Ruin, or any other relics that may have found their way to the academy.”

That’s a relief, you weren’t keen on facing that weapon again any time soon.

“We’ll need to make sure everyone is able to pull their weight. It’s likely that both the Blue Lions and Golden Deer will seek to eliminate us first."

The Professor takes over. “We’re still working out the strategy that we’ll want to have in place. There will be a certain degree of flexibility required, but it’s imperative that we’re all able to operate as one cohesive unit out there. As such, leadership positions will be a bit different this month.”

“Our infantry units will be led by myself.” Says Edelgard. “Offensive magic squads by Hubert, while Linhardt will oversee the support squadron.”

The green-haired boy interrupts the proceedings with a groan.

“Petra is in charge scouting.” Edelgard continues. “Bernadetta, our archers, Ferdinand, our ground calvary, and Blair, our flying calvary.”
>>
File: Edelgard(2).jpg (110 KB, 677x1134)
110 KB
110 KB .jpg
>>5011030
Your heart almost bursts out of your chest at the sound of your name. Sure, you’ve been leading a small squad of units into battle, but to now oversee ALL of the Black Eagle Pegasus Knights and Wyvern Riders?

“We’ll be using this month to brainstorm our plan for the battle.” Says Hubert. “In the meantime, I suggest you all use the time to train diligently. Don’t let the fact that we’re the favorites get to your head. You should all be aware by now how strong some of the students in the other houses are. If they do truly decide to team up on us first, we’ll need to work as efficiently and cohesive as possible.”

After the meeting is adjourned, you decide to go speak with Edelgard in person.

>“I’m flattered you chose me to lead our flying units, but surely someone else is better suited to the job, no?”

“Flattery has nothing to do with it, Blair. I heard all about your recent accomplishments in Leicester.” Says Edelgard. “While we only have about a dozen or so Pegasus and Wyvern riders in our class, you’re by far the best as far as individual skill and tactical prowess goes.”

>“Ah, t-thank you.”

“Did you think such a lofty position was out of your reach due to your status as a commoner?” Asks the future emperor.

>“I suppose…the thought might have crossed my mind.”

Edelgard smiles. “I hoped you’d realize by now that’s not how I operate. You have the makings of a skilled Commander inside you, Blair. I intend for you to show that this month.”

>You try and play it cool, thought you can’t help but admit that having the future leader of your nation praise your hard work is exciting. “I won’t let you down!”

You now feel more determined than ever to make a good showing this month and win the battle.

>A): Train with Leopold at the Knights Ground again.
>B): Visit Beathan at the Pegasus Stables and speak with Serena
>B): Spar with another student at the Training Grounds.
>C): Spend time with one of your supports. (Choose anyone from the OP)
>D): There’s a fishing tournament going on all month. It could be fun to compete?
>E): Head to the Marketplace and find some work for some extra gold. (2750g current.)
>>
>>5011032
>C): Spend time with one of your supports. (Mercedes)
>Ask her to help you bake sweets for a boy that you like
Haha, time for romance!
>>
>>5011032

Responsibilities first, especially with the upcoming battle of the lion and eagle approaching.

(If we do get swarmed, I severely doubt we can win a two against one, but it doesn’t hurt to try.)
>>
>>5011032
>>
If we’re going to be leading the flight squad then probably be for the best, I don’t think we’ve ever flew in a formation let alone led one. Plus best to get the training in now, not the day(s) before the battle so we’re rested and ready.
>>
>>5011032
>A): Train with Leopold at the Knights Ground again
Leopold!! Hurry up and give us Blair's skill change already!
>>
>>5011032
Yeah I wish to maybe talk to the other Pegasus and Wyvern riders of our Class and make some game plans and formations.
>>
>>5011032
>>
>>5011032
As much as I'd like to go to the stable for a chance to maybe meet some of the people we'll be responsible for, I really don't want to drop our so far consistent training with Leopold.
>>
>>5011032
>>C): Spend time with one of your supports. (Choose anyone from the OP)
>Dorothea
>>
>>5011032
>>A): Train with Leopold at the Knights Ground again.