[3 / an / cgl / diy / gd / i / n / out / p / po / qst / s4s / t / trv / vip / vm / vmg / w / wg / wsr / ] [Settings]
Board
Settings Home
/qst/ - Mitsuba Archive

File: Saiyan Awakening3.png (1546 KB, 1200x1200)
1546 KB
1546 KB .png
You didn't want to have to deal with this at all, and the two men were so much weaker than you were that there wasn't much point in not just knocking them out, so without any further delay, you used your far greater speed to disable both of the men with one rapid hit to the neck each. You only needed two quick strikes and then it was done. The two newly suspicious soldiers were completely unconscious.

"Everyone. We have a little bit of time before the Gurus will finish creating the portal to the Ocean Palace. Does anybody have any ideas on how we're actually going to defeat the Queen?" Crono seemed to have taken the lead, at least when it came to asking questions of the rest of his allies.

"The best way to defeat Zeal is to either overpower her or kill her before she can defend herself. She can't be negotiated with... not at this point." Magus responded to Crono, but he got a lot of looks for his own suggestion, not that you can really blame everyone else for reacting to Magus like that. He wouldn't exactly be very popular among everyone else after all that he has done, who you were thankful wasn't currently here.

"You might be fine with it, Magus. But... The rest of us obviously have issues when it comes to killing other people." Lucca frowned at Magus, who just shrugged. He obviously didn't care about Lucca's moral issues with his suggestions. Why would he? This is a man who led an army of demons just for the power that doing such a thing would grant him and how helpful it would be in achieving his long-term goals. Honestly? You were also in support of Magus. While Lucca and her friends were all obviously very idealistic, Magus was incredibly cynical, and you were a realist. You understood that against somebody like Zeal, the only way to resolve things was likely to kill her, and that Magus was right.

"You'll regret thinking like that." Magus just shook his head, irritated at the resistance he was getting from Lucca. "There are some people who you can't negotiate with. Zeal is one such person. You've shown no issue with killing monsters up to this point, and I can assure you that Zeal is a far more terrible monster than any mere beast you've dealt with in the past."

"That might be the case, but thinking like you do isn't healthy, Magus. Can't you have a little bit of hope?" Magus scowled as Lucca asked him that, but before he got an opportunity to respond, one of the Gurus stepped forward to talk instead.
>>
"I regret to say but... while Melchior, Gaspar and I can open up a portal to the Ocean Palace, the portal itself will only be able to take three people at once, and the location you will appear in the Ocean Palace will each be different. The Gurus will all go together as the last group, but the rest of you will be required to go in groups. I suggest you decide who will go together now, be warned that the Ocean Palace contains the greatest monsters of Zeal as guards. You will not reach the queen without conflict." The Guru of Reason informed you all that you once again were required to split up.

>Create three groups out of your allies (Crono, Ayla, Lucca, Magus, Flea, Rettace, Khive.)
>>
>>4993284
>Magus, Flea.
>Chrono, Lucca, Ayla.
>Rettace, Khive.
>Does anyone know where any Time Rifts are? It might be a good idea to grab two more of the others, so we have full teams.

I want each team to have a healer, but Marle isn't here, so that can't happen.
I also want Ayla on our team, but that'd leave Chrono's team too weakened without a third member.
And leaving Magus alone is shown to be a bad idea.
And with all the actual people here, having everyone with the allies they started with just makes sense, for strategy, it's harder to plan a fight with an unknown Hero Unit's abilities at our side.
>>
>>4993359
That works.
>>
>>4993284
>>4993359
Support
>>
>>4993359
Support!
>>
>>4993284
>Magus,Rettace,Khive
>chrono, ayla, lucca
>Flea on his own for stealth because shapeshifter
>>
What about those weird teleporty crystals we took from the soldiers? Or am I mistaken on what they do?
>>
>>4994045
They are all linked together, but there are only three of them, so they'd still only allow a 3 man group.
>>
>>4994053
o
>>
>>4993284
>>4993963
Actually, I like that more. Switch from >>4993648
>>
>>4993284
>>4993359
Know what? Swapping to This: >>4993963
It's honestly not that bad a plan.
>>
"OK, then in that case, Magus, you'll go with me and Khive, while Lucca, Crono and Ayla will go as a group of 3 as well." You decided yourself, you were the person who had the most experience with stuff like this here with the exception of maybe Magus, and... well, you doubted that the others would trust Magus enough to actually allow him to form the groups... or at least they wouldn't happily go along with whatever he suggested. No, it was best for you to decide these things.

"And what about me?" Flea tilted his head at you, surprised that you hadn't included him in your team organization, but you shook your head in response.

"You'll be going by yourself, Flea. You're a shapeshifter, right? I have faith in you that you'll be able to remain both undetected and out of trouble within the Ocean Palace thanks to your skills. Can I count on that?"

"Of... of course you can!" Flea seemed happy that you were taking into account his own abilities, and with that out of the way, you turned to the Gurus. You didn't want to wait any longer to get going now. Flea seemed happy to have been given a task that relied upon his special skill, even though you were uncertain of just how much usage you would be able to get from the shapeshifter within the Ocean Palace. It would feel like a complete waste for you not to take the most use you could get from his skill set, and he did seem pretty damn loyal to you after he had agreed to become your familiar or whatever the hell ended up happening that made him so loyal to you.

"We've all decided now, is the portal almost done?" You asked the three Gurus, and Balthazar nodded his head. The three gurus clapped their hands together a single time as they stood in a triangle formation apart from one another, and in the exact middle point of the three gurus, a portal opened up.

"It is indeed ready. Be careful within the Ocean Palace. Even for a warrior of your caliber, there are horrors within that place that even we Gurus shudder to imagine." Melchior spoke calmly, before he handed Crono a dagger that seemed to be forged out of a sparkling red rock. "Should you end up confronting Lavos, I forged this weapon that ought to weaken him should you strike him with it. It will not be much, but it might provide you all the opportunity you need to fatally wound the monster." It was a short unfamiliar looking blade, but it seemed to contain a great deal of power, you could tell that just from the way it shimmered in Crono's hand.
>>
"Alright, Melchior. I'll do my best." Crono nodded as he looked at the Guru in the eye. "Rettace! Good luck! Come on, Ayla, Lucca! We're going!" Bravely, Crono leaped through the portal and disappeared from sight with his allies following directly behind him. That boy might not have spoken much, but he sure was courageous. He was a fine ally to have, and you knew that even though you had barely known him for a day, he would likely risk his life for you. A loyal and brave ally dedicated to saving his own world. You're glad that Kami sent you to this planet. Not only did it give you the opportunity to grow stronger than ever before, but it has also allowed you to meet a whole bunch of incredible people. This planet was the home to some pretty amazing people.

"Alright, Flea. You go next." You ordered the annoyingly cute looking man, who simply shrugged before he jumped through the portal, disappearing from sight immediately and leaving you alone with only the gurus and your own group. "Khive, Magus. You ready for this?"

"Of course, Rettace!" Khive gave you a thumbs up, while Magus just grunted, though he was obviously prepared for whatever was on the other side of that portal.

"Then let's go!" You didn't want to waste any more time now anyway. For every second that you spent here, that was a second that Zeal could use to awaken Lavos and render your entire goal of stopping the terrible beast from destroying the world hopeless. The potential that you might've already managed to change the future to one where the apocalypse occurred in the distant past was quite the terrible one indeed.

You stepped through the portal with the rest of your group, and immediately you realized you had stepped into a dangerous situation. The three of you were standing on what looked to be some sort of elevated pillar rising out of a great shining white energy from below. Could... that be the energy of Lavos?

The pillar was connected to more pillars by rigid looking bridges and those led to doors that would lead you out of the room, but the presence of a man wearing a hood that completely covered his face gave you reason to believe that things might be about to get a little violent.

"Hey! You aren't supposed to be in here!" Lightning crackled around his hands as he started to prepare a spell!

>Nudge Magus to have him deal with this.
>Nudge Khive, let her take care of this.
>Race forwards and kick the mage into the depths below.
>Other(Write-in)
>>
>>4995485
>Put those Ki Flechettes to good use to disable those hands of his! Ki attacks don’t need fancy incantations to use!
>>
>>4995485
>Disable his arms with fletcettes, then kill him.

Don't have the time to babysit this one.
>>
>>4995545
>>4995551
Supporting.
>>
>>4995485
>>4995545
Supporting this.
>>
So do you want to kill him or not?
>>
>>4996421
Yes.

We really do have no time to waste here, and if he wakes up then he can alert others.
>>
>>4996421
Yes
>>
>>4996421
I'd say no, just KO'ing them is good enough, and going lethal against someone so weak anyway is just boring.
>>
>>4996421
No. If the QM is asking "Are you sure" it's probably a bad idea.
>>
>>4996539
It's because it is 2 for and 2 against, a tie. Not because it's a bad idea.

>>4996532
Practical is very boring.
>>
>>4996541
...Yeah? And Killing them is the Practical option, that's lame.
>>
>>4996546
Rettice isn't an idiot and they are not strong enough to worth preserving.

So kill them.
>>
>>4995485
>>4996541
Then I'll vote for >>4995545 and break that tie.
>>
>>4996577
egh, The lack of killing is beginning to grow irksome.

The strong I get, they provide a worthy challenge. But the weaklings who raise a hand against us and can make our lives difficult makes no sense.
>>
You don't have the time to waste in fighting this guy, and while you didn't want to pointlessly kill somebody so much weaker than you, you didn't want to risk the possibility that he had powerful magic that would be able to harm or hinder your efforts to stop Lavos!

So with that thought in mind, you generated a ball of Ki in your hand, the green energy natural to your body glowing brightly for a moment before you shaped it within your hand and launched the resulting flechettes towards the mage looking in your direction, aimed at his hands to prevent him from casting anything that might be able to be a nuisance to you.

Of course, the effect is obvious. You are many times more powerful than the mage, and he doesn't even get the chance to dodge away from your attack before the sharp spikes of Ki pierce his skin deeply. He screams in pain as the energy sinks into his flesh before exploding, and you follow up the brutal attack by quickly dashing behind him and taking him out with a single chop to the throat, sending him reeling into unconsciousness with very little effort on your part.

You watch unimpressed as the body of the spellcaster falls to the ground. You were really expecting more from the magic user than just that much, but you supposed that when you had already pitted yourself against both Magus as well as Dalton, a more average magic user of this planet wasn't going to be impressive at all. Had he not insisted on trying to flee from you, you can't help but imagine that Dalton would've been capable of putting up a far better fight against you. Hell, he might've even been able to defeat you if he actually used half of the terrifyingly powerful looking spells he had access to wisely. But it was quite clear that Dalton had never really had to struggle against an opponent close to his own level, and as a result of that, he grew lazy and complacent, not knowing at all how to deal with a genuine threat and instead choking and fleeing like a fool.

"Was that really called for? You could've just killed him, you know." Magus crossed his arms, seemingly unimpressed with your decision to cripple the man, but you just shrugged.

"I dislike killing the weak, but I know for a fact that this civilization is one that has access to the sort of medical treatments that would allow for even a wound as terrible as the one I dealt that man to be fully recovered from." You weren't going to mess around anymore. You were on a time limit here.
>>
"Well, letting him scream... it may have been a mistake." Magus pointed to one of the doors leading into the room and you immediately noticed the sheer quantity of beasts about to flood into the room. "You've brought us company." A quick scan of the beasts revealed that each only had a power level of 10,000. There were at least a few dozen of them, and all you could think of is what excellent training that these monsters would be.

>>What will Rettace do?
>Tear into the monsters flooding into the room.
>Set up a field of Ki Mines and wait for the optimal moment to detonate them.
>Just blow them all away with a supercharged Mirror Wave.
>Other(Write-in)
>>
>>4996973
Let's level up a bit on the way to the boss.
>>
>>4996973
>>
>>4996973
>>
>>4996973
>>Set up a field of Ki Mines and wait for the optimal moment to detonate them.
>>
>>4996973
>Supercharged mirror wave

I told you.
Now let's kill them all quickly so we can move on.
>>
Vote tie.
>>
>>4996973
>>Set up a field of Ki Mines and wait for the optimal moment to detonate them.
>>
>>4997486
Gah fine.

Change from >>4997363
to >>4997222
>>
>>4996973
>>
Ok
1d100 best of 4
DC 45 Special DC 95
>>
Rolled 84 (1d100)

>>4997549
>>
Rolled 14 (1d100)

>>4997549
special?
>>
Rolled 13 (1d100)

>>4997549
>>
Rolled 75 (1d100)

>>4997549
>>
Rolled 61 (1d100)

>>4997549
>>
The lumbering monsters crawling their way into the room were of no real threat to you, if you had fought against them when you had first awoken from your pod, then you would've had no choice but to flee from them, but your strength had increased a great deal since your awakening. Now these enemies that would've previously caused you to flee without even thinking about it were nothing more than training for you.

You looked at the monsters as they filtered into the room with disinterest. They were purple skinned four legged beasts with sharp claws. Likely genetically modified... or perhaps magically modified. "It's not a problem, Magus. These beasts pose no threat to any of us here." If anything this was just an opportunity to test out the effectiveness of your Ki Mine field on a large group of enemies that you had no qualms about killing. It's hardly like these beasts were capable of any serious level of thought other than maybe how they wanted to kill the three of you.

"I suppose you might be right. I'm certainly not troubled by foes of their caliber, at least." Magus shrugged as he conceded the point to you, while at that very same moment you were charging your attack. Both of your hands began to glow green with your energy before you lobbed dozens of energy balls into the distance between you and the encroaching horde of beasts. Actually aiming to avoid hitting any of them directly as you did. Soon enough, there were forty of the charged balls of your Ki floating listlessly in the center of the room, and at this point the horde of enemies had only just managed to reach the halfway point. They certainly weren't hurrying.

"Uhm... Rettace? I can deal with these things, but... shouldn't you let your attack go off now?" The girl was clearly concerned with the idea that you'd allow yourself to be distracted and allow your attack to be for nothing, but that was simply an impossibility. For you, precise timing and ensuring that your attacks would be as effective as they could possibly be was crucial.

"Oh? Your timing is all wrong, Khive. I was simply ensuring that as many of those foul creatures as possible would've been caught up in the blast radius." You give her a toothy grin as you turn around to look at her, taking your eyes off the approaching enemies without a single care. "And as a matter of fact, the amount of creatures caught up in the radius of my attack is... well, all of them." You clench your fist as you casually speak to Khive and you feel the burst of heat from behind you before the sound of the explosion reaches your ears.

"I... guess I've still got a lot to learn about fighting... this is why you're the leader..." Khive sounded genuinely disappointed in herself for not knowing what you were plotting to do against the monsters, but you just placed a hand on one of her shoulders.
>>
"You shouldn't worry about it too much, Khive. We just have different fighting styles, so you not understanding what I was plotting to do is understandable. I appreciate that you'd keep an eye out for me in battle like that anyway. As comrades, it's our job to look out for each other, right?" You flashed her a happy smile, and she smiled back.

"R-right!" She nodded enthusiastically before you turned around to survey the damage of your minefield. The weren't many remaining pieces of the horde of monsters that you had just obliterated. The majority of the beasts had been completely evaporated by your attack, but there were a few pieces of evidence of their now terminated existences lying around the room on the pillars. Carbonized organs, pieces of charred skeletons, that sort of stuff. The difference in power between you and the creatures was so great that you didn't even have to really try in order to inflict such destruction upon them.

"Now, let's get moving, we need to..."

>>What will Rettace prioritize?
>Finding Queen Zeal.
>Reuniting with Flea.
>Reuniting with Crono's Group.
>Other(Write-in)
>>
>>4997897
>Finding Queen Zeal.
Clock is ticking. They'll catch up to us.
>>
>>4997897
>>Finding Queen Zeal.
>>
>>4997897
>Find the queen

She'll be with the Princess and young Magus.
>>
>>4997897
>>Reuniting with Flea.
>>
>>4997897
>Finding Queen Zeal
>>
>>4997897
>Reuniting with Flea.
They can't sense energy, nor do they have a Scouter. They need help catching up.
>>
>>4997897
>Reuniting with Flea.
>>
>>4997897
>>Finding Queen Zeal.
>>
>>4998086
Why even split up and have him do the sneaky shapeshifter thing only to immediately regroup?
>>
>>4998904
So that he can regroup without having to fight too many people, for a quicker arrival at Zeal, with everyone.
>>
"We need to find Queen Zeal. I have faith in everyone else in being able to make their way to her in order to support us, we don't have the time to look for them though." Well, you couldn't entirely be certain that Crono would be able to find the queen in time, but Flea shouldn't have any problems with reuniting with your group thanks to his magic.

"Agreed. Stopping Zeal is the most important part of all of this. We can't let her awaken Lavos completely otherwise we won't be able to do anything. We must destroy Lavos while it remains dormant from its millions of years of slumber, otherwise none of us will even stand a chance." Magus's certainty that none of you could pose a threat to Lavos was concerning, but that was exactly the reason that you needed to hurry.

"Right, well. I'll use my scouter to locate her, it shouldn't take l-" You were about to press the button on the device to try to determine Zeal's position, but Magus grabbed your arm to prevent you from activating your scouter. You looked at him in surprise and he shook his head.

"There's no time. I'm familiar with the layout of this place, so I'll take the lead. While your device might be able to locate Queen Zeal, it might also provide a false positive and cause us to head in the wrong direction entirely." You suppose that he wasn't wrong, even though you had faith in the device, especially after Lucca's upgrades, it wasn't infallible. It was slightly more accurate than simply using your physical ability to sense Ki, but that was something that you'd be able to work on after you had dealt with the situation on this planet. While you had grown in strength by a great deal because of your experiences here already, there was always the opportunity to grow more powerful through training. Through the continued confrontation against powerful enemies, you and your squad had become more powerful than any Saiyans in the recorded history of your race.
>>
You followed Magus through the halls of the Ocean Palace as the three of you raced towards the Throne Room. You occupied your mind with thoughts of how powerful you had become, with only myths and legends like the Legendary Super Saiyan or the Super Saiyan God that spoke of the ancient powers of the Saiyan Race giving you reason to believe that there had been stronger Saiyans than you before your time. Of course, you didn't really know if you could count on those tales having even an ounce of truth to them, you weren't a fanatic who believed that the only way to gain power would be relying on some ancient transformation or some ridiculous notion. You were a Saiyan. Your race had developed to be some of the greatest warriors in the entire universe. You got more powerful simply from fighting more powerful opponents than yourself! The only reason that the Saiyans hadn't attained power levels of the range you were currently at was because they were simply too prepared to die in combat even if escape was a possibility. The self-destructive impulse of a Saiyan to wish to die in battle was probably one of the only things that had prevented them from growing powerful enough to establish a galactic empire of their own.

You continued following Magus through the halls of the Ocean Palace, dispatching various monsters that got in your way with very little difficulty. You, Khive and Magus together were simply too strong for any of the monsters that roamed the halls of the Ocean Palace to touch, you didn't even need to expend any energy in killing off the creatures as they appeared. One punch was enough for most of the enemies that revealed themselves to you.
>>
The halls of the Ocean Palace were long and many, but Magus seemed to have a pretty comprehensive grasp on the layout of the underwater stronghold, guiding you and Khive through the many halls with no difficulty whatsoever. After a few minutes of rapid movement and progress, you came up to a colossal pitch black door with an odd symbol emblazoned upon it. "Here it is. The door to the throne room." Magus attempted to force open the doors with a burst of magical wind through an incantationless spell, but it didn't budge. "Figures. Looks like Zeal decided to lock the door... and it looks like she's attuned it only the energy of herself and the princess." Magus turned to look at you. "We can try to see if your own magical power can simulate the energy that is required to open this door, it worked on the amulet, so..." Magus stopped, as if in deep thought. "I will warn you though, when we go through that door, I don't know what will happen. As much as I hate to admit it, we might want to wait for the others to catch up with us before we do this... but that may just give Zeal the time she needs to have completed the resurrection of Lavos." Magus seemed to be having difficulty coming to a decision over what should be done.

>>What will Rettace decide?
>Wait for Crono and his group to arrive.
>Wait for everyone to arrive.
>Go ahead and try to enter the Throne Room now.
>Why would you bother with a door? Smash through the wall and take Zeal by surprise.
>Other(Write-in)
>>
>>4999025
Open it with the amulet and immediately destroy one side of it while it’s open so our friends can follow us
>>
>>4999025
>Wait for one of the other groups, then open it with the amulet and immediately destroy some of the door frame to trap it open, so the last ones to arrive don't have any issues getting in.
>>
>>4999025
>Go ahead and try to enter the Throne Room now.
We'll stall for time, fuck canon.
>>
>>4999025
>Try and sense if the other groups are close. If they are close, wait, if not, then don't

We do need that knife.
>>
>>4999025
Try the door and, while we're drawing fire, have the others smash through that wall like the Kool-Aid Man
>>
>>4999025
>>4999033
Changing from this to This: >>4999089
>>
"Wait. Before we go ahead and enter. We should wait for the others to catch up. I know there's a risk that Lavos will be awoken, but... it's a risk we'll have to take. There's no point in rushing ahead to try to stop Zeal if together we can't defeat her, is there?" You decided against storming in without everyone else to support you. "Well, we should wait for them so long as they aren't too far away." You decided to correct yourself, you couldn't wait for too long for them to arrive. Otherwise you really would lose any hope that you might have of preventing Queen Zeal from resurrecting Lavos! "Give me a second, Khive, try and see if you can sense their energy while I do the same." You were of course going to use your scouter as well. You weren't in too much of a hurry that you couldn't just use both.

You pressed the button on the side of your scouter, immediately you got a read-out on the area around you, but curiously, nothing within the Throne Room itself. Could there be some sort of barrier blocking you from sensing the energy from within? It seemed to have applied to both your scouter as well as your natural ability to sense Ki too. You were getting kind of annoyed with how magic wielders were capable of creating these shields that could block the transmission of any sort of energy signature, but you suppose it was to be expected. This Throne Room was likely Queen Zeal's ultimate creation. The place in which she would summon Lavos and destroy the world... or at least ensure that it would be doomed in the future.

Upon pressing the scouter, there was a pretty tremendous amount of energy signatures dotting the underwater palace, and it took you some time to scan through each of them, even when you were using your natural ability to sense energy in conjunction with your scouter, you considered whether it might be worth trying to attune the scouter to only higher power levels, but that wouldn't be much help either. There were actually a few monsters prowling the Ocean Palace with powers that could rival you or Magus' own strength! No, the only way you'd be able to find your allies was to determine them by their exact strengths and whether they were headed towards you or not... though you worried that Crono's group would be unable to find you, it seemed that there was a group of three with power levels that matched up with what you remember them having headed straight for you! Assuming that was them for a moment, you turned to look for Flea instead, it would be harder for you to pick out Flea among the many monsters of the Ocean Palace, but you managed to get an exact read on the power level of something fast approaching you as well!
>>
Of course! Flea had his searching magic! Of course he'd be able to detect where you had gone and make his way to you! "Alright, they should be here in a few minutes. Both Flea and Crono's group seem to have managed to get a read on our current location." You didn't mind waiting if they were going to arrive soon. The Ocean Palace, while large, wasn't exactly a challenge to get through for people who were as powerful and fast as you and the allies you had made. Even the monsters that were serving as guardians could simply be avoided if they didn't want to bother fighting such enemies and wanted to focus on getting back to you.

"Good." Magus crossed his arms and tapped his foot impatiently as you all waited in silence for the rest of your allies to show up. It was an agonizing wait, and the tension was so thick that nobody really felt like making conversation either. Khive looked like she wanted to ask a question or two, but she didn't seem to be able to muster the courage to ask in such a tense situation, so whatever she wanted to say would need to be addressed later on.

Eventually, both Flea and Crono's group arrived at almost the exact same time, with Flea zipping through the corridors, still in the form of a bat before he took on his usual form upon spotting you. "That was a pain." He frowned. "Some of the people in this place are just way too suspicious for no reason. Honestly!" He stomped his foot in irritation. "I appeared as one of those soldiers and they still wanted me to confirm who I actually was! So annoying!" Well, you suppose that explains the brief delay. "Luckily, they weren't expecting some good old fashioned sleeping magic!" Flea put the back of his hand up to his mouth before daintily laughing. It unnerved you.

With Flea back with you, you turned to face the rapidly approaching group of three. Crono had taken the lead and Lucca was... wearing a scouter that looked eerily similar to your own. Had she made a copy from scratch?! Once again, the genius of the girl astounded you, but you couldn't allow that to distract you. "It's good that you're all here. This may very well be the last battle to save the world, so prepare yourselves. Be ready for anything, and do not let your guard down under any circumstances." They were simple orders, but before you approached the door, you decided that it would be best to go in with a plan.

>>What plan will Rettace use?
>You, Khive and Magus together will focus on dealing with Zeal. Everyone else focuses on preventing the resurrection of Lavos.
>You'll use haste on yourself to grab Schala and her brother and then you'll use a Supercharged Mirror Wave to destroy the entire room. Then you'll go after Zeal together.
>Everyone should rush Zeal and defeat her as quickly as possible. With her out of the picture, then Lavos can't possibly be resurrected!
>Other(Write-in)
>>
>>5000149
>You'll use haste on yourself to grab Schala and her brother and then you'll use a Supercharged Mirror Wave to destroy the entire room. Then you'll go after Zeal together.
Fuck it, why not?
>>
>>5000149
>You, Khive and Magus together will focus on dealing with Zeal. Everyone else focuses on preventing the resurrection of Lavos.
>>
>>5000174
It could all go terribly wrong, destroying everything and everyone, with the space princess here in the room to fufil her promise of meeting?

That being said

>SUPPORT!
>>
>>5000149
>>
>>5000149
>>
OK

Give me a 1d100 Best of... 5

Low DC 65 Mid DC 80 High DC 100
>>
Rolled 65 (1d100)

>>5001006
>>
Rolled 49 (1d100)

>>5001006
>>
Rolled 5 (1d100)

>>5001006
I don't like the looks of this.
>>
Rolled 15 (1d100)

>>5001006
C'mon, let's do this!
>>
Rolled 81 (1d100)

>>5001006
Well we hit LOW DC, at least..
>>
>>5001160
Nice clutch, hitting the mid DC
>>
I'm gonna have to delay the update till tomorrow.
I've been busy with family all day, and now I'm dead tired.
>>
>>5001593
Rest up, QM!

>>5001259
Inn4 low DC was to not die, mid DC was to stay conscious, high DC was to win
>>
"OK, everyone, here's the plan. I'm going to use Haste on myself before we open the door, then I'll go in and grab Schala and her brother before Zeal can stop me before I use a Ki attack to destroy the room and hopefully prevent Lavos' resurrection." It was a spur of the moment plan, but you needed to emphasize your speed here so you could save Schala from Zeal. The girl might've had powerful magic, but her physical abilities left a great deal to be desired. She wouldn't have a hope of surviving if you opened by simply trying to destroy the room.

"I have no opposition to such a plan. But be prepared. The Mammon Machine itself has been granted the greatest defensive countermeasures that Zeal can install onto something, including enchanted metal armor that will likely be able to shrug even an attack with our full powers off. Just... don't be caught off of your guard." Magus informed you that things weren't going to be as easy as you had hoped, but you had expected as much.

"Understood, Magus." You nodded as you approached the door while you formed four balls of magic energy that orbited around you. "The currents of time shall flow faster for me. Haste!" You activated Haste with a quick incantation as you approached the door and one of the balls of energy disappeared. You felt the world around you slow by half. You had been given the ability to use the Haste spell for only a short time, and yet already you felt as if it had rapidly become one of your greatest techniques. Not only did it double your actual physical ability to move your body, but it also acted as a complete enhancement to every aspect of your fighting style. You could move twice as fast as before. You could think twice as fast as before. You could hit twice as fast and twice as much as before. Doubling not only the number of strikes you'd otherwise land, but also the amount of force that they would be striking with.

With the second ball of your magic energy, you commanded it to fly into the door sealing the Throne Room, and it was absorbed into the shiny black surface of the strange magical material that was blocking your path. A few seconds after your magic collided with the door, strange patterns began to light up upon the door and it eventually started to open, the huge door sliding smoothly into the floor and leaving you free to enter the large room in front of you. You couldn't waste a single moment of time. As soon as the door had finished opening, you rushed forwards, barreling into the room at max speed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5SWRUhgcN8

Under the effects of haste, it was simply more effective for you to use your ability to sense energy than it was for you to use the scouter, immediately, you felt Zeal, Schala and her brother's energy, and... in that moment you felt something odd. While you couldn't normally determine qualities of Ki simply by sensing all too well at all, there was something that was very familiar about Schala's brother.
>>
You kept running as you burst into the room, you saw Zeal was clearly surprised at your entrance, but you didn't care. You grabbed Schala and her brother by the collars of their robes and started to make your way out of the room with great speed. Though you had to slow yourself somewhat to ensure that neither of the two would be hurt by the force of the sudden flight, you were still fast enough to escape without Zeal even managing to respond!

...Or so you thought.

"Not so fast." Zeal spoke with a smile on her face as two golden chains of energy suddenly materialized around your feet, causing you to let go of the two people you were rescuing and making them hurtle forwards in an uncontrolled motion through the door with enough speed that they'd surely die if they weren't stopped.

Fortunately, Magus was fast to act, catching the two of them by dashing forwards before setting them down and drawing his scythe. "What the hell do you think you're doing, Zeal?! You could have killed Schala and Janus! You could've killed your own children!" He pointed an accusatory finger at the woman, who just shrugged.

"What do I think I'm doing? Dealing with pests, clearly. I have no need for either my failure of a son nor my now unnecessary daughter. They'd likely just try to get in the way of my plans for this world. I'm not foolish enough to not have realized that Schala was already plotting against me." The queen laughed as she reclined on her throne, clearly not taking any of this seriously. "I'm afraid that you're much too late. anyway." She gloated as Magus used his scythe to slash through the magical chains that were wrapped around your legs.

"You really are a foolish woman, driven mad by her lust for power." He pointed his blade at the woman as you got into a combat stance, ignoring the Mammon Machine in the center of the room to focus on the woman sitting on her throne behind it. "Prepare to die. Queen Zeal. May your insane legacy be put to a stop today."

"You seem quite confident in your abilities after you were humiliated the last time you raised that ridiculous weapon against me, False Prophet." The woman began to laugh manically. "But I do not see the need to do battle with such a hopeless fool once again. Mammon Machine!" She called out to the machine in the center of the room. "Convert these fools into power for Lavos!" She commanded the machine, and a pulse of energy caused you to stumble backwards. It was... sapping your power?!

"No you don't!" Crono ran into the room and threw the red knife he had been given possession of directly into the center of the Mammon Machine, the blade started to glow brightly with power as it put a stop to the energy draining effect of the machine. Two glowing blue lights started to orbit around the knife, which eventually metamorphosed into a longer looking sword... Wait, that's... the Grandleon! Frog's sword?!
>>
"You fool! Do you have any idea what you've just done?!" Zeal didn't seem to be happy at the sudden damage to the Mammon Machine, so you decided to capitalize on her surprise.

"He's not done any more than I'm about to do! Prepare to be obliterated along with your idiotic machine, Zeal!" You spoke slowly so that the rest of the room could understand you before you allowed the full power of Haste to infuse you once more, and you rapidly formed two balls of energy in your hands before you thrust your arms out. "Reflecting Mirror Wave!" You called the name of the attack as the two beams shot forth. Coiling around one another for a moment before splitting off and smashing into the malfunctioning Mammon Machine with a great explosion of power. So much for the greatest defensive countermeasures, huh?

The smoke eventually cleared, and the Mammon Machine had been destroyed. Between the knife disrupting the systems and your raw power crashing into it, it was too much for the power draining device to take. You looked at the smoldering wreck of the Mammon Machine with a frown on your face. "Was... that it? I gotta admit, after everything that we were told about the Mammon Machine, I was expecting... well, a little more of a fight." You scratched your head as Khive, Flea, Ayla and Lucca all caught up and faced off against Zeal along with you, Crono and Magus.

"A little more of a fight...?" Zeal had a smile on her face, unconcerned with the destruction of the machine she was using to harvest Lavos' energy. "Oh, I can assure you that you'll get the fight you were looking for. You all may have wrongly assumed that I required the Mammon Machine to actually use the energy of Lavos, but..." Her smile grew ever wider. "Lavos and I... we came to an understanding. Do you understand? I would assist Lavos in awakening and conquering the stars, and... in return, he would grant me eternal life and power beyond the wildest dreams of foolish mortals like you!" The room began to shake and warp, and you stumbled as you felt a tremendous power approaching once again. "Now! Behold the might of Lavos!"
>>
"What?! How?! The past... I thought that we had managed to change it!" Magus looked around as the throne room vanished and you all found yourselves standing on a formless pool of ever changing energy. In front of you was a truly colossal scaled beaked creature that radiated a terrifying amount of power. This... was Lavos?!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dfb_n7wjb5k

The creature screeched, the terrible power of the monstrous beast immediately brought all seven of you to your knees. It was as if gravity itself had begun to crush you. Queen Zeal was standing atop the beaked head of the monster, laughing. The Scouter was blaring all sorts of warnings as the power level it was reading from Lavos kept increasing continuously. When it went beyond a million you stopped focusing on the number.

>>What will Rettace do?
>Unleash an attack with all of your power at Lavos.
>Race towards Lavos' head and try to kill Zeal with a single full power strike.
>This is it. The Power Ball. It's your only chance.
>Write-in(Other)
>>
>>5002497
>>This is it. The Power Ball. It's your only chance.
>>
>>5002497
>>This is it. The Power Ball. It's your only chance.
>>
>>5002497
Power Ball it is. Warn the others: with we AND an uncontrollable Khive, they're all dead if they stay here.
>>
>>5002497
>Power ball
>WARN THE OTHERS TO STAY THE FUCK OUT OF THE WAY!

Ozaruu should focus on the strongest bitch in the room to best, but all the same.
>>
>>5002497
>Tell the others to stay out of our and Khive's way, and to be ready to heal us when we drop.
Remember guys, we are FUCKED if we die after coming down, because then we can't try again.
>>
>>5002497
>"Khive! Look away! Burst into light and mix!"
>>
>>5002768
>Burst into light and mix!
Huh?
>>
>>5002497
>Tell the others to stay out of our and Khive's way, and to be ready to heal us when we drop.
>>
1d100
Best of 4
DC... 90
>>
Rolled 36 (1d100)

>>5002955
>>
Rolled 99 (1d100)

>>5002955
Oh fuck.
>>
Rolled 86 (1d100)

>>5002955

>>5003002
based
>>
Rolled 13 (1d100)

>>5002955
>>5003002
OOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!
>>
>>5003002

UNLIMITED. POWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
>>
File: 73654365435643.jpg (60 KB, 960x540)
60 KB
60 KB .jpg
>>5003002
>>
File: pekora_reary.jpg (59 KB, 300x346)
59 KB
59 KB .jpg
>>5003002
Blessed roll
>>
Looks like this is it. You're going to have to use the Power Ball. You certainly didn't expect that you'd ever be faced with a foe with power as overwhelming as Lavos' was when you designed the technique, but that doesn't matter now. The point was that you could use it to access the full power of a Saiyan, and that's exactly what you were going to do now.

You struggled to stand as the unbearable pressure of Lavos' power pushed down on you. "Zeal... you think... that Lavos... is the only being in this universe with power as overwhelming as that...?" You grit your teeth as you forced the words out, and the woman stopped for a moment to stare at you in surprise.

"Oho? And what, are you telling me that you're aware of beings of greater power than the Almighty Lavos?" She laughed with glee as she stared at you.

You began to gather the energy from the surroundings into your palm as well as your own energy in order to activate the technique. "Not... exactly." You cracked a smile as you felt the energy within your palm finish gathering. "I'm telling you... that I am such a being!" You launched the ball of energy into the sky. "Burst into light and mix!" The ball of energy exploded into a pure white orb that immediately began to radiate power. "Everyone! Get as far as possible as you can away from me and Khive! Now!" You could already feel the Blutz Waves beginning to enter your body and activate the biological processes that caused a Saiyan to enter the Oozaru state, and while you could control yourself in the state, the same was not currently true of Khive. "Now!" They started to back off now. Good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lm77VCkf_do

"What a pointless attack. Is that pathetic ball of energy supposed to be a threat to Lavos? Such a shame, it seems that you've gone mad with fear." Zeal didn't seem to be bothered by the Power Ball, her attention was too focused on your attack to realize what you and Khive's bodies were doing. "Overwhelming power indeed." She laughed. "Now, Lavo-" She looked down from your attack and back to you and took a step back in surprise at your partial transformation. "W-what's this!?" She was clearly surprised by your transformation. She hadn't been expecting this at all, it seems.
>>
You grew huge as your transformation finished, and though you were still quite a bit smaller than Lavos itself, the difference was nowhere near as monumental as it was before. Khive had also finished her own transformation too, though she was nowhere near as calm as you were as you looked down at the queen, though she hadn't yet gone berserk either. Her natural instincts had seemingly managed to keep her in a non-attacking state as she looked at her fellow Oozaru. "A pointless attack, was it?" You spoke down to Queen Zeal now, who was forced to look up at you, even from her perch atop Lavos. "Behold, the true power of the Saiyan race!" You opened your mouth and let loose a gigantic energy beam down at Zeal and Lavos, the woman quickly had to raise her hands in order to conjure a magical shield to protect herself, a magical barrier with a dozen layers quickly intercepted your attack.

But layer after layer of the barrier was shattered as the beam clashed against it. Each layer only lasting for a few seconds before shattering. "Impossible! Lavos! Aid me!" The woman pleaded with the beast she was standing upon for assistance, and in that moment, you felt the crushing power of Lavos once again, but this time it was in the form of a great deal of energy gathering inside the bizarre beak of the monster, which looked up in order to fire the attack. You somehow knew that allowing yourself to be hit by that beam would quickly prove to be fatal even in the form of an Oozaru. You shouldn't have been able to get out of the way of the attack in time, but...

"Teleport!" You cut off the beam attack you were trying to hit Zeal with in order to speak so you could use your magic to avoid the attack, which carried on into the featureless pulsating void of energy. You teleported right next to Khive, who had just started to begin her rampage as her eyes settled on Lavos, and she began to charge up her own mouth cannon attack. You realized that you had forgotten to take your scouter off again and it had fallen off, but... you didn't exactly have the time to consider the device. You could always grab it later. Your Haste spell had worn off now, but you still had the spare energy left to use one more spell.

Lavos screeched again as it looked up at you and Khive. Despite the size of the monstrous beast, it didn't quite stand as tall as you or Khive did, and its head was close down to the floor. It was clear the beak of the beast was a weak point. The chitinous looking shell of Lavos looked as if it would be able to easily withstand even your greatest attacks with ease. But... Zeal was also still a problem...

>Use your teleport in order to surprise stomp Zeal and get her out of the way.
>Cast Haste upon yourself again and try to target Lavos' weak point.
>Use your full power along with Khive in order to let loose two beams of energy at Lavos' beak.
>Wrestle with Lavos.
>Other(Write-in)
>>
>>5003177
>Cast Haste upon yourself again and try to target Lavos' weak point.
>>
>>5003177
Always gank the spellcaster first.
Halation would fucking ruin us, and she'd probably put barriers around Lavos if we attacked it.
>>
>>5003213
Support. Lavos seems a lot less cunning than Zeal so far, and if it's dumb, we can kill it.
>>
>>5003177
>Gank the caster.

FUCK YOU, BITCHASS QUEEN BITCH!
>>
>>5003177
Archive reader here, just wanted to post because I came up with a twist.
What if Rettace father was a Truffle? He never knew his father, his mother refused to speak about him, he is smarter than the average sayan, his first instict was to adopt a truffle name as a alias, he looks up to the truffle's tech and ways of life, and his strength could be because of being a half-sayan.
I needed to get this out of my head, I will go back to lurking now
>>
>>5003560
Eh, he isn't really Tuffle smart, his smartness was something we came up with at the start and his likeness with tuffles seems out of nurture, not nature. And he isn't that much stronger than his teammates.
Tho I do think he might be the Legendary Super Saiyan of his generation, since there's a lot of emphasis in his ki being green.
>>
>>5003565
Of course he wouldn’t be tuffle smart if he was only half tuffle
And smart is a matter of education
He has cunning in spades, but saiyans don’t get educated in anything other than combat, so it could be that his genius is focused on that as a result

Or maybe he’s just the rare smart saiyan that doesn’t go full retard
>>
>>5003581
It'd be a little bullshit if being Half-Saiyan makes you stronger than Full Saiyan but being Half-Tuffle makes you dumber than Full Tuffle, but I guess it doesn't matter.
>>
>>5003607
He may be just as smart, but uneducated, like anon said.
>>
>>5003177

Take out Zeal we don't want Lavos absorbing her and going all Dream Devourer on us
>>
>>5003581
I disagree with smart being a matter of education, but I get what you mean.
It'd be a neat twist though
>>
OK

1d100 best of 4 DC 85
>>
Rolled 98 (1d100)

>>5004255
>>
Rolled 79 (1d100)

>>5004255
>>
Rolled 9 (1d100)

>>5004266
Ha! Based.

>>5004255
Rolling!
>>
Rolled 34 (1d100)

>>5004255
>>
With your Oozaru form, you felt as if you actually had a shot at winning this battle. Though Lavos was still far more powerful than you were in raw power, it was clear that the monster had no real knowledge of how to best apply the power that it had access to. Despite being some terrible planet devouring abomination and some sort of God of Magic, Lavos... really didn't appear to be that intelligent. Especially not when it came to wielding the power that it had at its disposal. That was the difference between you and this creature that was born with an overwhelming power. Even if you were born stronger than the other people at your age. It was always through hard work and perseverance that you managed to maintain your lead on every other Saiyan. You had earned your power. You had earned your right to be called the most powerful Saiyan of your generation, and you were going to use the skills you had learned in order to wield your power to the best of your abilities here. You'd use every trick you had at your disposal to win, and that included...

You looked at the Queen, who was clearly still recovering from nearly having her shields overwhelmed by your beam attack. It seemed that despite her powerful magic, she still had no real way of overcoming somebody who was far stronger than she was. But... she was still incredibly dangerous. You didn't want to take any chances with this woman and her magic, so you wouldn't. You weren't the only one who had access to magic, after all, and a truly devilish thought had formed in your mind. You raised your foot in the air for a moment while you savagely grinned at Lavos and Zeal, both of whom seemed to be in the process of preparing their next attacks. Little did either of these idiots realize that in a real fight, you always had to be on the look-out for sudden death!

You brought your foot down as hard as you could and spoke at the same time. "Teleport!" You roared the spell and you could feel the last of the magic energy you had prepared get used up simply as a result of having to carry your massively increased mass and size through space instantly. The Queen never saw the attack coming, and you could hear the sound of shattering as your foot collided with her personal barrier and obliterated it, leaving the woman herself smashed against the head of Lavos. You did lose quite a bit of your momentum when you had to smash through her barrier, but you knew that you put enough force into the attack that she wouldn't be getting up any time soon. If ever again. You know that you heard more than just her barrier shattering as a result of your attack. You'd be surprised if she managed to get out of the attack without at least a few of her bones having been reduced to basically powder.
>>
Annoyingly, the stomp, while super effective on Zeal herself, didn't actually do much damage if any to Lavos itself. The beast was now angrily screeching at the defeat of Zeal. You wanted to finish her off by smashing her unconscious body, but Lavos had been properly spurred into action now, and the spikes of its body moved about as they attempted to stab into you, and before you could crush Zeal for good, she had been completely surrounded by a cocoon of those spikes.

With another screech, you saw the void of shifting energy above you start to glow red with power. Before you realized just why it had done so. Dozens if not hundreds of large meteorites were speeding towards you and Khive. Destruction was raining from the heavens. Khive had taken to uselessly pounding on Lavos' tough shell with her fists, the body of the creature was seemingly indestructible, even to the raw physical power that was possessed by a Saiyan in the Oozaru state. You needed to deal with the meteorites before anything else. If they were allowed to impact the ground, then it wouldn't just be you and Khive in danger, but the resulting explosion caused by the release of energy from the celestial objects would surely endanger everyone else too.

>Try to make an energy barrier using the massive Ki Reserves of the Oozaru.
>Use the power of the Oozaru to fire beams at the meteorites.
>Create hundreds of Flechettes and launch them into the air to impact the meteorites.
>Set up a Ki Minefield in the sky to explode upon contact with any of the meteorites.
>Write-in(Other)
>>
>>5006262
>Create hundreds of Flechettes and launch them into the air to impact the meteorites.
>>
>>5006262
>Set up a Ki Minefield in the sky to explode upon contact with any of the meteorites.
>>
>>5006262
>>Ki mines in the air
Fletchettes need us to be accurate. Explosives take out an area
>>
>>5006262
>>
>>5006262
>Set up a ki minefield
>>
Sorry for the delay.
1d100 best of 4 DC 90
>>
Rolled 59 (1d100)

>>5008471
>>
Rolled 23 (1d100)

>>5008471
>>
Rolled 6 (1d100)

>>5008471
>>
Rolled 30 (1d100)

>>5008493
>>5008475
>>5008473
Well fuck. We need a hero!
>>
>>5008496
(ignore my second roll--wasn't trying to cheat, just using an app that doesn't automatically clear the options.)
>>
Rolled 58 (1d100)

>>5008471
whelp. all or nothing.
>>
Rolled 39 (1d100)

>>5008471
I know it's late, but I want to see what I roll.
>>
Rolled 72 (1d100)

>>5008617
I will roll an 86
>>
>>5008730
>calls a roll too low for the DC
>gets even lower

Welp. Our uncanny luck couldn't last forever.
>>
Rolled 59 (1d100)

>>5008759
Well I could've said I was gonna roll a 2
>>
Meteors fall, everyone dies

The end
>>
>>5011029
I sure hope not, but I guess we'll find out someday soon.
>>
>>5011037
Sorry about the delays, I really am.
I think this might be what they call the QM Curse.
But the update will come.
Don't think I've dropped the quest.
>>
>>5011262
Glad you're alive and kicking, QM!