[3 / an / cgl / diy / gd / i / n / out / p / po / qst / s4s / t / trv / vip / vm / vmg / w / wg / wsr / ] [Settings]
Board
Settings Home
/qst/ - Mitsuba Archive

If you want to make a mystery gameboard, use this thread. Don't flood /qst/.
Colored truths script: https://controlc.com/27143a5a

>How to use the Red Truth
The Red Truth is a fact that can be presented by the one hosting the mystery (also known as the Witch side) without any evidence or proof to support it. But, while undeniable, it can have multiple interpretations. The multiple interpretations mark a large foothold for the opposing players (also known as the Human side) to attack; therefore, the Red Truth must be used with care. Conversely, a refusal to validate a statement in Red invokes another Devil's Proof; a lack of validation won't prove a statement's truth but can't disprove its falsehood.

>How to use the Blue Truth
The Blue Truth is used to present a possibility to counter the logic of the Witch's side. The Blue Truth usually takes the form of a theory to counter the Witch and requires the Red Truth to be confirmed or denied. The Blue Truth must be used in a manner that advances the user's overall theory, rather than simply fishing for more information. Any assertions made in Blue must directly deny the influence of the supernatural in the events of a gameboard's story. The Witch side may delay until the end of the game to challenge Blue Truths; after all, only one puzzle unsolved by any explanation other than magic is enough to sustain the Illusion of the Witch, but one carelessly phrased Red Truth can eliminate the possibility of magic from all of them. One effective denial isn't fatal, but unchallenged denial of magic in all the mysteries becomes a categorical denial of Witches.

>How to use the Gold Truth
[gold]The Gold Truth[/gold] is on par with the Red Truth, although it may be inferior or superior depending on the situation. It can be explained as a truth constructed from belief that is acknowledged and shared between people. It can be used by anyone who truly understands the gameboard.

>How to use Purple Statements
Purple Statements are seen as important spoken statements during the narration of a story and they possess the same standing as the Red Truth. However, they are different in that a culprit can lie with Purple. Example: "[purple]Battler was in the dining room[/purple], while Jessica was outside."
To turn it around, non-culprits can only speak the truth in Purple. What defines a culprit depends on the gameboard, but usually the culprit is one who kills or plans to kill someone during the story.

>How to use the Green truth
>I seriously hope you guys don't need an explanation for this one
>>
File: map.jpg (34 KB, 1280x720)
34 KB
34 KB .jpg
This is a rather straightforward mystery as I am not fond of lengthy ones which contain narratives. The objective here is to figure out how B killed A through a maze of red truths and red herrings.
The map is probably all you need.
Red mark is where B died, in A's room.
White rectangles represent doors while the green ones represent windows. They're the only ways you can enter a room.

Everything stated above is the truth.
Good luck.
>>
>>5192460
both A and B are the same person and personality death happened. there solved
>>
>>5192465
Hehe if only it was this easy.
A and B are separate people/personalities. A is not B. B is not A.
>>
>>5192460
Might as well give it a shot, despite my sometimes... Creative imagination.
[blue]B entered A's room on their own. When they did, A killed them, thinking they were an intruder.[/blue]
A might have killed B thinking they ment them harm, it could have been a case of self defense.
>>
>>5192484
I would say the why is not really the focus of this mystery and it's more about the how.
As for your blue truth A is the one who killed B. But how did B enter A's room?
>>
>>5192492
It's possible that [blue]the door to A's room was unlocked when B went to open it.[/blue]
Another possibility is that [blue]B brute forced their way into A's room through the door.[/blue]
>>
>>5192498
B did not get into A's room through the door.
>>
>>5192502
It's likely not that simple, but I'll claim it anyways:
[blue]B got into A's room through the window, where soon after they were killed because of A.[/blue]
As for how B died, I think that [blue]A had prepaired something to kill B when they entered A's room.[/blue]
>>
>>5192511
B did not get into A's room through the window.
I'm using a trip since my IP is probably going to change a lot from now on.
>>
>>5192517
Dang. Well... Since entering a room implies willing going inside, and he didn't get in through the door or window... Time to get creative.
[blue]B was on top of A's room, A's ceiling if you will. A colapsed the ground beneath B, sending B falling into A's room. B died from his injuries.[/blue]
>>
File: ラムダデルタ.jpg (975 KB, 1500x2000)
975 KB
975 KB .jpg
>>5192523
Hehe nice try but unfortunately B did not get into A's room by by breaking a wall or falling into it.
B was not on top of A's roof.
Let's see how far it'll take you to solve this. My trick is rather cheap, but it won't disappoint you.
>>
>>5192517
Red truth at the start establishes that one can only enter a room through the door or the window.
>B did not get into A's room through the door.
>B did not get into A's room through the window.
Therefore...
[blue]B was in A's room at the beginning of the game, and did not have to "get into" it at all.[/blue]
>>
>>5192549
Cheap tricks huh?
[blue]A claimed a room for themself while B was in it. B could have gotten into the room before it was claimed to be A's. This is how B died in A's room.[/blue]
>>
>>5192460
>The objective here is to figure out how B killed A through a maze of red truths and red herrings.
So far we only know where B died, not where A died, and that's all we've been discussing. It's possible we've already been going down the wrong track.
>White rectangles represent doors while the green ones represent windows. They're the only ways you can enter a room.
Vague wording. Could only apply to the reader. Repetition request: Doors and windows are the only ways for anyone to enter a room.
Repetition request: All doors and windows are visible on the map.
>>
>>5192460
[blue]A died of wounds inflicted by B during an altercation between the two. This altercation also resulted in B's death.[/blue]
>>
File: 15266332899647.jpg (587 KB, 707x1000)
587 KB
587 KB .jpg
>>5192557
NOW the mystery starts.
B was not in A's room at the beginning. B went into A's room before he died.
I suppose this is enough to deny your little blue theory?

>>5192559
Oh, getting creative are we.
Check the red truth above.

>>5192561
All doors and windows are visible on the map.
Can't repeat your second red truth.
Also I fucked up in OP. A is the one who killed B not the opposite.
A did not die. His death is not a part of the mystery, you're only obliged to figure out how A killed B.
>>
>>5192566
Okay, this next part silly, but it can work!
[blue]The wall in the middle seperating A and B's rooms is not a true wall, but a dividing line dictating what half belings to A, and what half belings to B. It is not a building with two rooms (with a window and door for each of them), but a giant room, with two doors, and two windows.[/blue]
In short, this is one giant room, with A and B having their own parts of the room, a door and window for them each.
>>
>>5192566
That clarifies things.
[blue]B is capable of entering A's room by means other than doors and windows.[/blue]
Naturally, since we've already ruled out breaking walls or the ceiling, this means that [blue]B entered A's room through the floor. There is a trap door, easily-removed floorboard, or some other means by which B was able to open up his floor, move below the two rooms, and then climb up into A's room.[/blue]
>>
>>5192549
[blue]A broke a hole in the wall between the two rooms, and then B passed through the hole.[/blue]
Another alternative:
[blue]There was from the start an opening built into the wall between the two rooms which a person can pass through, but which is neither a door nor a window. B entered A's room by this route.[/blue]
>>
>>5192460
>The objective here is to figure out how B killed A
>Red mark is where B died, in A's room.

¿?
>>
>>5192659
Yeah the witch did a little fuck up and mixed the two, we're focusing on B >>5192566
>>
File: 1627436272460.gif (2265 KB, 500x500)
2265 KB
2265 KB .gif
>>5192566
>>Also I fucked up in OP. A is the one who killed B not the opposite.
>>
File: lam_a11_odoroki2.png (525 KB, 729x973)
525 KB
525 KB .png
>>5192574
U-uughh noooooooo....
You're correct. A's and B's room are all part of the same room. B crossed the line dividing them which led to his death.
That's it everyone. I knew it was easy but I didn't expect it to be solved this quickly. Congrats anon!
Sorry if it was too easy. I didn't put much effort into this one and only made it as an attempt to revive the mysteries, there has been no mysteries for a month now. I don't want them to die!

Thank you for participating I hope you enjoyed.

>>5193058
>>5192659
S-shut up! Even thousand year old witches mess up from time to time!
>>
>>5193125
Thanks for the mystery! I appreciate you making one, no matter how difficult or easy it is to solve.
Coming up with a mytery is a pain in the ass, so making one is a lot harder than solving it, and that's if somebody takes intrest in it.
Still, I'm sure people will post mysteries if they have a neat idea or two, or if they have the time.
I've been thinking about a more narritive heavy mystery myself, trying to make it both a mystery of what happened and a good story is tough though.
>>
>>5193125
So the rooms had just three walls and an open side? And we were supposed to ask you in red that the lines actually represented walls in your picture?

That still left your statement
>White rectangles represent doors while the green ones represent windows. They're the only ways you can enter a room.
as a lie, as you can clearly enter from A to B s room without going through a door or window?

Whatever, I'm writing another mystery, give me some time I post it in a hour
>>
File: unknown-3.png (302 KB, 360x450)
302 KB
302 KB .png
>>5193396
Thank you anon I'm glad you enjoyed it.
Yeah you should go for a purple one if you want to. Any kind of mystery is welcome as long as it's not sperg's Krauss farm mystery v2.

>>5194273
>you can clearly enter from A to B s room without going through a door or window?
Well yeah, but also no. You see, A's room IS B's room, which is also the big room. They're interchangeable, the left side and the right side and both of them representing the entire room ALL can be called A's room or B's room.
So when B went into A's room (the left half) he was already inside of A's room (the full room).
Here >>5192566
"[red]B was not in A's room at the beginning.[/red]" refers to A's room (the left side). B was not there but he WAS in A's room (B's room)

Pretty cheesy trick I know, laugh all you want. I hope you enjoyed.
>>
File: lego lounge.png (470 KB, 1000x800)
470 KB
470 KB .png
Here we go.
This is less of an impossible murder but more of an old crime that had been long 'solved' as there was no mystery just some curious discrepancies.

Some anon over at /x/ mentioned it in a thread about Imbued Mimetic Theory, you know, the retarded belief that objects can be filled with memories of their previous actions if those were repeated often enough.

That anon claimed to have worked in some clubhouse for the super rich over in Bogota and witnessed something curious.

It all centered on Alberto Alivendez [a], previously one of the richest persons in the country, who had fallen on hard times recently and had seemingly tried to get the wife of another club patron named Boreleo Bolivar [b] to divorce and marry him instead and on that day she had finally told him to fuck off. Obviously that was all information that only later was leaked and printed in the tabloid presses.

Well, Alivendez entered the club building (which was massive, some three stories high, with several private rooms in all three stories and a library on the second floor and a games room on the third, with the lounge on the groundfloor) and went straight to his private room.

As said, he was stinking rich, so he owned the largest of the three groundfloor rooms (even the club president had a smaller one, but one with two tiers and a balcony) and vanished there for the next three hours or so.
The room had its own minibar, a gramophone, some luxury bath and so on, it almost was something out of a four star hotel.
>>
>>5194384
Two hours later Bolivar came to the club, he had a long talk with the club president in that ones room, but at some point someone had seemingly told him that Alivendez was here and that he had tried to cuck him, so Bolivar saw literally red, he stormed out into the Lounge, hammered on Alivendez door and when he didnt answer, actually broke down the whole damn door.

Everyone was shocked, but also excited for what was to come. That was the time of the drug wars, so there was constantly violence hanging in the air and even the super-rich lived on the edge.

Well, the raging Bolivar stormed into the room, where multiple witnesses later said that they saw Alivendez lying on his couch, with music playing in the background.

There was some swift struggle between the two, where the far more physically imposing Bolivar pummelled Alivendez, until Alivendez grabbed for his gun, which was easily wrenched away from him by Bolivar, who threw him to the ground, took several steps backwards, pointed the gun at him and then pulled the trigger.

The spectators outside were too late to act, they stormed in when the gun was pulled, overwhelmed Bolivar and took his gun, but it was too late, Alivendez lay there shot down, bleeding from his chestwound.

He was taken to a hospital specialized in gun-related injuries, which obviously was most of the crime happening at that point of time, and the doctors kept him alive for another 24 hours as the wound in his chest was not immediately fatal, but Alivendez never regained consciousness again and would finally die of the gunshot wound.

Bolivar was taken into custody, but knowing that his wife had cheated on him and that he just had murdered another person, he realized his life was over and strangled himself.
>>
File: Robientez Gun.jpg (35 KB, 1000x481)
35 KB
35 KB .jpg
>>5194390
Okay, this all is pretty straightforward, right? Where is the mystery?

Well, first, this was not just some random gun, but the famous revolver of the legendary gaucho Diego Robientez, who had used it multiple times to kill some outlaws and which according to legend had been used to shoot Robientez eventual assassin without a bullet being loaded into it.

I know, it is supposed to be in the Metropolitan Museum, but the club owners claimed that that one was a fake and they possessed the real one and club members could use it on the private shooting range. Bolivar was especially well known to have loved this revolver.

Secondly, and here we are beginning to stumble into crackpot territory: During the routine questioning of the witnesses, some guy described the atmosphere of general excitement during the incident, and underlined it with the fact that he was so thrilled that he didnt even hear the bang of the gun, even as it was being fired straight in front of his eyes.

Speaking of which, when the police asked several other witnesses, everyone was fully 100% sure to have seen the gun fired, but noone remembered hearing a bang or seeing any muzzleflash.

Now, that revolver was pretty silent on its own and there were special bullets used to preserve the invaluable piece of history which also generated little noise. Still its strange.

The police also then remembered that Bolivar, who at that point had already hung himself in his cell, had spoken of something similiar, when he confessed what had happened: That he was so blinded by rage, that he didnt even felt the recoil.

Yes, I know what you are thinking, but there was no question of any foul play here, the victim had been shot and he had been shot by a special bullet, that could only be used with Robientez revolver. And something like 12 different people saw Bolivar shoot Alivendez dead. No foul play.

The case was then ruled as Voluntary manslaughter and closed.

But that anon over at /x/ claimed, it was the clearest example of Imbued Mimetics: The revolver had been so often used to shoot at people and been so familiar with Bolivar, that when he pulled the trigger, even when there was no bullet inside the revolver drum still 'remembered' what was supposed to happen and so materialized a phantom bullet inside it.
>>
File: Lageplan.jpg (93 KB, 902x804)
93 KB
93 KB .jpg
>>5194396
Lastly, the fact that so many people did not remember hearing a gunshot and that the Club President would also insist, that the gun was obviously stored without munition inside and that it was very strange that the loaded gun should be kept by Alivendez on person, when he was listening to music, led to a brief re-opening of the case by the police.

They concentrated on three very suspicious circumstances that had been missed on the first investigation:

1; Alivendez had spend a lot of time inside the Presidents room, at some lenght even alone, before learning of what Bolivar had tried to pull off with his wife.
There was a balcony on that room, so he could theoretically have slipped out and went over a flower bed and rough spot of unplanted rock and stone to outside of Alivendezs room. Maybe he had learned from the affair prior?
No traces were found on the flowerbed though and the windows to all rooms were firmly closed.

2; One person thought he had seen [c], another one of Alivendezs bitter enemies earlier at the lounge, but was unsure. Noone else had seen him, but he had formerly owned the third room on the ground floor and could have hidden there and then slipped out of the window (again, no traces were found on the flowerbeds) or through the door in the general chaos.
[c] denied having been at the lounge that day, but could provide no hard alibi.
No matter if he was hidden there or not, how could he have done the crime from the room?

3; [c] also had earlier demanded that the piano should be moved from its usual spot on the southern end to adjacent of Alivendezs room and at long last the Club President had consented. This happened only 3 days before the incident.
No connection with the crime could be established though.

And that was it, the re-examination had led to nothing and the case was closed for all time.

Like I said, its not really something strange, just people being so excited that they didnt hear a gunshot or saw a muzzleflash, but it still reeks of something missing, unless that anon was actually right, that the revolver had a memory of shooting people dead imbued in it.
>>
File: Lageplan.jpg (93 KB, 902x804)
93 KB
93 KB .jpg
>>5194396
Lastly, the fact that so many people did not remember hearing a gunshot and that the Club President would also insist, that the gun was obviously kept without munition inside and that it was very strange that the loaded gun should be kept by Alivendez on person, when he was listening to music, led to a brief re-opening of the case by the police.

They concentrated on three very suspicious circumstances that had been missed on the first investigation:

1; Alivendez had spend a lot of time inside the Presidents room, at some lenght even alone, before learning of what Bolivar had tried to pull off with his wife.
There was a balcony on that room, so he could theoretically have slipped out and went over a flower bed and rough spot of unplanted rock and stone to outside of Alivendezs room. Maybe he had learned from the affair prior?
No traces were found on the flowerbed though and the windows to the room were firmly closed.

2; One person thought he had seen Centurion Candez [c], another one of Alivendezs bitter enemies earlier at the lounge, but was unsure. Noone else had seen him, but he had formerly owned the third room on the ground floor and could have hidden there and then slipped out of the window (again, no traces were found on the flowerbeds) or through the door in the general chaos.
Candez denied having been at the lounge that day, but could provide no hard alibi.
No matter if he was hidden there or not, how could he have done the crime from the room?

3; Centurion Candez also had earlier demanded that the piano should be moved from its usual spot on the southern end to adjacent of Alivendezs room and at long last the Club President had consented. This happened only 3 days before the incident.
No connection with the crime could be established though.

And that was it, the re-examination had led to nothing and the case was closed for all time.

Like I said, its not really something strange, just people being so excited that they didnt hear a gunshot or saw a muzzleflash, but it still reeks of something missing, unless that anon was actually right, that the revolver had a memory of shooting people dead imbued in it.
>>
>>5194407
Well, it's very much looks like Alivendez got shot to death, question is how that happened if the gun was empty?
In any case, since the piano was moved in such a way, I think it's safe to assume that [blue]the piano that was next to A's room was the music in the background. Being so close to the crime, it's possible that the music source deafened everyone's hearing.[/blue]

I also have another idea, that being [blue]when rushing down Bolivar, there was a round inside the revolver that was spent, but for some reason was taken by the one who got the gun.[/blue]
Maybe there actually was a round inside, but was snatched after the deed was done, maybe to hype up the legacy of Robientez's gun, and to complecate matters.

Finally in an opposite direction, what if [blue]the gun wasn't actually Robintez's at, and was claimed to be for dramatic flair.[/blue]
That's some bits and pieces that I've got for the time being.
>>
>>5194481
>[blue]the piano that was next to A's room was the music in the background. Being so close to the crime, it's possible that the music source deafened everyone's hearing.[/blue]
Nah, the police record was pretty clear that the music heard was Alivendez gramophone.
I mean, the poor guy had a rough day and wanted to chill to some music of his own, thats why he was in his own room

>[blue]when rushing down Bolivar, there was a round inside the revolver that was spent, but for some reason was taken by the one who got the gun.[/blue]
>Maybe there actually was a round inside, but was snatched after the deed was done, maybe to hype up the legacy of Robientez's gun, and to complecate matters.
Do you mean a live round in the revolver? No, it was empty but wouldnt make a differences as its about the bullet being shot at Alivendez, how many additional bullet rounds there were inside the gun is irrelevant.

>[blue]the gun wasn't actually Robintez's at, and was claimed to be for dramatic flair.[/blue]
Yeah could be; I also think the one in the museum is the real one and the club has a fake dublicate. You might be right
>>
>>5194605
I see, so nobody was slamming away on the piano. Though that makes you wonder why they agreed to move the piano, such an awkward place to put it you know?

>I mean, the poor guy had a rough day and wanted to chill to some music of his own, thats why he was in his own room
Bro Alivendez tried to cuck somebody. I ain't saying he should have died, but he had an ass beating coming, that's for sure.
Speaking of ass beatings, it's weird how Bolivar pulled back with the gun. How come he didn't just shoot him from up close?

Anyhoo, I got some more ideas.
[blue]It's possible that the one who told Boliver about Alivendez's bullshit was Candez.[/blue]
Another is that [blue]Alivendez got the revolver while inside the club president room.[/blue] Maybe somebody gave it to him or he found it, who's to say?
I also think that [blue]Boliver went into the club president room, at least before confronting Alivendez.[/blue]
>>
>>5194655
>Though that makes you wonder why they agreed to move the piano, such an awkward place to put it you know?
Candez claimed it had to be more visible from the Lounge and not hidden away, but that sounded very suspicious.

>Speaking of ass beatings, it's weird how Bolivar pulled back with the gun. How come he didn't just shoot him from up close?
They were wrangling with each other, he needed some space to point the gun at the other guy,

>It's possible that the one who told Boliver about Alivendez's bullshit was Candez.
He claimed he was not in the building that day, but multiple other people knew of the affair and could have told him,

>Alivendez got the revolver while inside the club president room. Maybe somebody gave it to him or he found it, who's to say?
No, he just simply took it out and with him into the room when he came in. Maybe he wanted to vent his frustration on the shooting range later-.

>Boliver went into the club president room, at least before confronting Alivendez.
Yes, he spend a long time in there.
>>
>>5195628
Okay, I had assumed that Boliver and Alivendez both had went to the Presidents room, but it seems only Boliver had done so. Circumstance 1 led me to believe they both went there at some point.

I'm curious why Alivendez brought-over a gun that had no ammo though. If it's so dangerous out for everyone, and he felt like getting a gun, what happened to the ammo?
Is it a bluff? An imitation factor?
Here's a possibility:
[blue]Alivendez had gotten into a gunfight before entering the club. Wanting to relax and lay low, Alivendez went to his room to listen to music. However, Alivendez didn't realize he was shot. When the bloodloss had finally caught up with him, he collapsed.[/blue]
A bit of a lame resolution, but it would explain the gun, Alivendez's bullet wound, and the lack of ammo. It wouldn't explain who shot him though, so there's that.
>>
>>5195679
>Circumstance 1 led me to believe they both went there at some point.
What do you mean, how could circu..... oh no, I fucked up.

The sentence here
>>5194407
should say:
>1; Bolivar had spend a lot of time inside the Presidents room, at some length even alone, before learning of what Alivendez had tried to pull off with his wife.
Otherwise the second part of the sentence wouldnt make any sense.

So here is the timeline
-Alivendez comes to the club, complains how he had failed to seduce Bolivars wife for good, then went to his own room to calm down
-Bolivar comes to the club later, spends some time with the President in that ones room (some of that time alone in there)
-either the President or someone else tells Bolivar about Alivendez bullshit
-Bolivar kicks down the door and storms into Alivendez room

Makes sense hopefully.
Sorry for the mistake.
>>
>>5195679
>I'm curious why Alivendez brought-over a gun that had no ammo though. If it's so dangerous out for everyone, and he felt like getting a gun, what happened to the ammo?
He wanted to relax, then probably go shooting with the gun and wanted to prevent anyone else taking the gun. He was the richest member of the club, so he had prime rights to the use of the gun.

Also, the gun was kept in a vitrine on the second floor with the special ammunition in a box nearby.
Supposedly he took the gun and some ammunition with him.

>Alivendez had gotten into a gunfight before entering the club.
No, he was definitely fine when he entered the club, noone saw him wounded and he likely would have mentioned it.
The other members only heard him complaining about female treachery and faithlessness and the current state of the world where woman were allowed to vote and so on, the usual incel stuff.
>>
>>5195716
>>5195726
Nah it's all good. Besides, Alivendez living so long with a gun wound is serious wishfull thinking on my part.
Before my next theory, could you tell me what's so special about this special amunition? Plus I'm assuming the club president locks up the gun with a key, right?
Finally, if this is a special gun reserved for club members, is there a record of who held the gun last?

Aliright next idea. It involves Boliver feeling no recoil when shooting the gun.
[blue]The gun given to Alivendez and later taken by Boliver wasn't a real gun, but something more like a prop.[/blue]
>>
>>5195736
>Besides, Alivendez living so long with a gun wound is serious wishfull thinking on my part.
Not really wishful thinking, as the wound was not deep and he lived a very long time in the hospital, he just didnt regain consciousness

>Before my next theory, could you tell me what's so special about this special amunition?
Its specially made for that old gun to prevent wear.
Its not hitting as hard as a real bullet, but still hard enough to kill someone obviously.
It also would not cause so much recoil and noise like an original bullet being fired, thats why everyone at first did not think twice about the lack of a bang.

>Plus I'm assuming the club president locks up the gun with a key, right?
Nope, everyone can take it

>Finally, if this is a special gun reserved for club members, is there a record of who held the gun last?
No there is no record, but Alivendez took the gun with him into his room, and its not really important who had it previously,

>[blue]The gun given to Alivendez and later taken by Boliver wasn't a real gun, but something more like a prop.[/blue]
Some random guy wrestled the gun from Bolivars hands and then handed it over to the police. Its a real gun
>>
>>5195746
So it's a real gun. It changes the next bit, but I think I can make it work.
Thinking on it, the piano probably wouldn't be too far from the bar, design wise you're supposed to hear the piano while you drink.
Which makes moving it odd, so there had to be a reason why the piano was moved in such a way. I think I know why.

[blue]The piano was moved closer to Candez's room because he wanted to hide something in it. He didn't want to draw as many eyes to it, so he moved it to someplace less likely to have as many people there.[/blue]
I also assume that Alivendez would have taken the special bullets with him had they been there, but they weren't any bullets in the gun, or likely in Alivendez's room.

This leads me to assume that [blue]Candez had taken the special bullets, and hidden them inside the piano.[/blue]

Also another question, is this part:
>No traces were found on the flowerbed though and the windows to the room were firmly closed.
Were the windows in both the president's and Alivendez's room closed, or only Alivendez's? I assume it's talking about Alivendez's room, but better safe than sorry.
>>
>>5195757
>Which makes moving it odd, so there had to be a reason why the piano was moved in such a way.
Again, Candez said it was purely for visual reasons, so that you can see the piano played. Its a suspicious excuse

>He didn't want to draw as many eyes to it, so he moved it to someplace less likely to have as many people there.
No, it was more visible at that spot.
Though in the police report it is written, that no witness remembered if anyone came close to the Piano in the chaos, so if something was hidden in there, it could be easily done so (but not taken away, as the police closed the club during the investigation

>[blue]Candez had taken the special bullets, and hidden them inside the piano.[/blue]
Possible, but how could he get them out again, especially with noone seeing him in the club?
>>
>>5195757
> but they weren't any bullets in the gun, or likely in Alivendez's room.
Actually yes there was, one bullet casing had been found in the room and the bullet was the one in Alivendez chest, so at least one had been in the gun/room

>Were the windows in both the president's and Alivendez's room closed, or only Alivendez's?
All the windows on the whole groundfloor were closed (or presumable all, as noone saw Room [c] at the time, but the police later declared even those as closed)
Obviously the window could have been open earlier and then at a later point being closed again, but that can only been done from the inside.
No witness saw any person during the two's struggle and then the shooting standing close to the windows, which at that point were closed.
>>
>>5196001
>>5196002
The piano's a bit screwy, so I'm gonna still purse it a bit.

>Though in the police report it is written, that no witness remembered if anyone came close to the Piano in the chaos, so if something was hidden in there, it could be easily done so (but not taken away, as the police closed the club during the investigation)
Wasn't everyone taken in by Boliver making a scence, from beating on the door, busting it down, beating Alivendez and Alivendez's death? [blue]It's possible somebody could have retrevied something like a special bullet from the piano during that time.[/blue]

>Actually yes there was, one bullet casing had been found in the room and the bullet was the one in Alivendez chest, so at least one had been in the gun/room
Only one huh? If they were gonna supposedly go to a firing range, why would they only bring enough for one shot? I guess [blue]Alivendez didn't care to get the special ammo for the gun he had.[/blue]

Thinking on it, there's not much known about Candez's room, what's it like? It looks pretty small (and at the very least super narrow) compaired to the others.
>>
>>5196108
>It's possible somebody could have retrevied something like a special bullet from the piano during that time.[/blue]
Yes its possible, its away from the door where all the other guys were standing and watching the fight.

>Thinking on it, there's not much known about Candez's room, what's it like? It looks pretty small (and at the very least super narrow) compaired to the others.
Yeah its narrow, there is a couch and a minibar and a long library shelve and not much else, but Candez had not yet paid his rent this month and so was not allowed to use the room. Actually it was soon after the incident rented to another person called Dimitrious Denteniz..... who is completely unrelated to the incident. But you asked.
>>
>>5196499
Hoo boy, I think I can craft a decent narritive for how Alivendez lost his life that night.
It could be wrong, and it has some stuff that's a complete guess, but it's dramatic, complex, and makes me happy at the moment!

Okay, so Candez had moved the piano from the corner of the lounge, over next to his and Alivendez's room. We've talked about how something could have been hidden in the piano, for dramas sake let's say he only needed one.
Step 1: [blue]Candez had the piano moved closer to his and Alivendez's room, so that he could retreve a stashed special bullet from the piano at a later date.[/blue]

Candez may have known that Alivendez wanted that gun from the club all for himself, but the key bit in his plan is Boliver.
Unlike Candez, Boliver had been seen by many people, even the club president, but for some reason was alone by himself for a looong time.
This is a guess on my part, but I'd assume that the president isn't the one who told Boliver due to the fallout that could happen in his club, and Boliver may have went to beat on Alivendez after the president left.
This is where the Balcony comes into play: Candez doesn't want to go into the club yet while there isn't a distraction, so he waits at the balcony of the presidents club room. Candez is going to rile Boliver up on purpose.
Step 2: [blue]After waiting for the president to leave, Candez gets Boliver's attention, has him open the window, and tells him about what Alivendez has done. He's banking on Boliver doing something to Alivendez.[/blue]

After this, Candez leaves and Boliver closes the window in a rage. At this point he has to hurry the fuck up. He may not get another chance, and almost everyone should be distracted by what Boliver is about to do.
Step 3: [blue]Enter the club through the front door, snatch the special bullet form the piano, and retreat to his room.[/blue]

This part is a major wild guess, so bear with me when I say it. Now, it's very apparent that the shooting was done on the ground floor.
I could be very wrong here, but if Candez would go this far for a chance to shoot Alivendez and get away with it, enough to convince the president to move a piano, he may have prepaired more than just that.
Step 4: [blue]Moving aside the library book shelf revels a gap between Alivendez's room and Candez, just big enough for Candez to shoot into. Candez sync'd up with Boliver, both squeezing the triggers. The only difference, is that Candez's gun is loaded. Candez's bullet hits Alivendez in the chest, and Candez moves to hide the hole and run out of the club.[/blue]

And the rest is history. Candez shoots Alivendez in hidding, pins it on Boliver (who honestly would have done it anyways if the gun he had was loaded), and walks a free man, one less enemy to deal with.
I can't say I'm 100% on this, but damn do I like it.
>>
>>5196547
At least the balcony figured in the solution at last.
There are a couple of discrepancies though

> Candez doesn't want to go into the club yet while there isn't a distraction, so he waits at the balcony of the presidents club room
The balcony is on the second floor, so he would have to climb up. Sure, its possible, but come on.

>Enter the club through the front door, snatch the special bullet form the piano, and retreat to his room
The other clubmembers were watching the drama, but dont you think they would have noticed Candez coming into the club and then going into his closed-up room?

>Moving aside the library book shelf revels a gap
I'm not that anon above, a wall is a wall is a wall.

You also have the most damning fault, that it was definitely the gun that Bolivar took from Alivendez and then was taken from him by the crowd, that fired the bullet that killed Alivendez
>>
>>5196581
Ah god damn it. So in this case, it's less a question of who killed Alivendez, and more of how they did it.
Okay... I think I can still work with that.

>The balcony is on the second floor, so he would have to climb up. Sure, its possible, but come on.
It's possible that Boliver and Candez were working together. If anything, [blue]Boliver could have gone onto the balcony, and speak with Candez (who's still on the ground floor) to confirm that there's a special bullet in the piano.[/blue]
Heck, if we're crossing out Candez as killing Alivendez, and Candez is inoccent, [blue]it's possible that Boliver could have planted the bullet in the piano beforehand, and gotten the bullet before entering the club presidents room.[/blue]
To go even further, [blue]Boliver probably asked the president if Alivendez took the club gun.[/blue]

Fuck it, let's say Candez is innocent. In that case, [blue]Boliver had taken the special bullet from the piano, went to the president's club room, confirmed that Alivendez had the gun, and readied himself to kill Alivendez. After beating Alivendez's ass and taking the gun, Boliver stepped back away from Alivendez so that he could load up the bullet and shoot Alivendez.[/blue]

It matches up with the lack of recoil, it being absolutely the gun that killed Alivendez, and why he moved back.
>>
>>5196624
You are making it far too difficult for yourself.
Noone needed to hide any bullets, they could just take them themselves from the ammunition storage whenever they wanted.

And presumably the gun was loaded all the time either way, so noone needed to load it before pulling the trigger.
You can argue of course that it was a premeditated crime and the culprit needed to make extrasure that the gun was loaded

>Boliver stepped back away from Alivendez so that he could load up the bullet and shoot Alivendez
But noone saw or heard anything, that is the mystery in the whole case.
>>
>>5196953
Okay, so if we go over everything...
Literally all that happened was Alivendez got the gun, put in a single bullet, got his ass beat in his room, and then got shot in the chest by Boliver.
...That's all that happened? No big plan just... that straightforward?
>>
>>5196961
Yes only that.
Thats why the case was closed by the police and why I said there might not be any mystery.

But why did noone saw a muzzleflash or heard any noise? Thats the question,
One person, maybe, but noone really remembered hearing a gun shot.
Maybe it was just the way Bolivar was standing with the barrel of the gun pointing away from them or the acoustics of the room were strange, I dont know
>>
>>5197074
Chances are Alivendez's music was loud as fuck and overpowered the sound of a gunshot.
As for the muzzleflash, maybe since those bullets were specifically made for that gun, it probably didn't leave behind a flash, since it wasn't an especially powerful bullet.
>>
>>5192263
Did Farmer Krauss ever get around to posting the solution for the frontier mystery?
>>
>>5220589
I read someone complained about an answer not being posted last thread, maybe it was about farmer krauss' mystery?
>>
>>5220589
The last time we received anything resembling an answer, or at least the beginning of the solution: >>4944362

https://archive.wakarimasen.moe/qst/thread/4919995/#4944362
>>
>>5220589
>>5221679
>>5221922
Do not worry my friends, The ending to this long mystery is close at hand! Soon we'll finally be able to put it to rest and bring the /qst/ mysteries into a new golden age!
>>
Oh shit.
I had written down the solution to the Phantom Bullet mystery a couple of weeks ago, but somehow completely forgotten to actually post it. Damn.

Luckily the thread has not died yet.

This is how you were supposed to look at it:

Bolivar pointed a gun at Alivendez and pulled the trigger, at which Alivendez collapsed, being mortally wounded.

On the other hand, we have those statements:
>>5195679
>noone remembered hearing a bang or seeing any muzzleflash.
>he confessed what had happened: That he was so blinded by rage, that he didnt even felt the recoil.

So, whatever happened, the gun that was then pointed at Alivendez could not have fired a bullet at that moment, it clearly was empty.

Could someone else have fired the shot?
Noone else was in the room, everyone confirmed that.
The windows were closed, so noone could have fired from the outside.
And if someone from the crowd outside the room had fired the gun (which obviously does not make any sense), at least the shot would have been heard by everyone else.

Noone fired at Alivendez at that moment, and still he was fatally wounded and the famous Robientez gun which was taken from Bolivars hands was found to be the one out of which the mortal shot had been fired.

And that is all there is to it. Everything else, all the flowerbeds and balconies and pianos and empty secret rooms, and [c] and the Club President and whatnot, its all just distractions and Red Herrings.

You can also look at it from another angle: If this was some elaborate trap to give someone else an alibi, then it only could be for Bolivar (noone knew that he would break into the room, let alone pull a gun)
But Bolivar did not claim that he was innocent, he actually hanged himself out of guilt.
>>
File: 12883493_5.jpg (80 KB, 874x1000)
80 KB
80 KB .jpg
This is what happened:

Alberto Alivendez was in financial troubles, he was deeply depressed and the one thing holding him above - his love to Bolivars wife - was taken from him, when she refused to break up with Bolivar.

When he came to the club, he was in a sombre mood, and sitting on his divan, going over how his life had turned out, he finally came to the conclusion to end it all. He took out the beautiful Robientez gun, put it at his heart, and pulled the trigger.

It was said to be a very quit gun, there was music playing in his suite and piano music playing outside, so noone outside heard anything.
Unfortunately the gun was loaded with special bullets (which Alivendez had simply not taken into consideration), so while the bullet penetrated his chest and dented his heart, it was not immediately fatal.

He remained half-conscious, laying down, when after some time the enraged Bolivar broke into the room and pulled him up. Everyone would later describe how Alivendez offered no resistance when he was beaten up and then pulled to his feet, with Bolivar pulling the gun on him.
In those 1-2 seconds, Alivendez would finally lose consciousness as his chest wound broke open. This was the very moment that the trigger was pulled, thus the illusion that a shot was fired, which both Bolivar and everyone else were falling for, both reinforcing the illusion (if the crowd would have doubted that a shot was fired, Bolivar would have immediately realized that the gun in his hand did not fire; in the same way if Bolivar would have questioned that he himself had fired, the crowdt immediately would have agreed that they did not hear any shot)

And so the tragedy concluded:
Bolivar was blamed for a crime he did not commit and killed himself for it in his cell, while Alivendez would have been saved, if someone else would have entered the room and simply called an ambulance.

The only beneficiary was the gun, which had another legend added to its credit.
>>
Now that we have a solution, we need another mystery owo