[3 / an / cgl / diy / gd / i / n / out / p / po / qst / s4s / t / trv / vip / vm / vmg / w / wg / wsr / ] [Settings]
Board
Settings Home
/qst/ - Mitsuba Archive

File: qtg_op2.jpg (192 KB, 700x423)
192 KB
192 KB .jpg
This is the Quest Thread General. Think of it as the showers in this prison.

>What is a quest?
An interactive story in which the QM (Quest Master, Quester Molester, Queer Masochist) writes and provides the readers with options on how to proceed. Dice may or may not be included due to on-site functionality.

Questionably Useful links:

>https://pastebin.com/2T37iDFQ
A collection of guides which may or may not still be active, but can be good for general writing advice to avoid common beginner's traps. Badly in need of renovation.

>Archive of quest reviews: http://pastebin.com/u/QuestReviewsArchive
Worth reading through, because the best way to figure out how a quest might go right or wrong is to see how it's been done before.

>Archiving guide:
Go to http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/requestqstinterface.html
Fill out the request form to archive a thread.
Threads are also automatically archived by other websites, such as archived.moe.

>Formatting guide:
Only the thread's OP can format.
Remove the spaces between the [] brackets and the letters:
Bold: [ b ]text[ /b ]
Italics: [ i ]text /i ]
Red: [ red ]text[ /red ]
Blue: [ blue ]text[ /blue ]
Green: [ green ]text[ /green ]

>Discord link (fake):
https://discord.gg/bAnhvd83WV

>Player question
If you were to go back and change one vote in a quest to turn out a different way, what would it be?

>QM question
What was a time/s where your players surprised you with the action they decided to vote for? Whether good or bad.

>General question
Any story's going to have important events that, had they gone different, everything down the line would have changed. Is there a particularly interesting alternative route you can imagine a quest you run or play having taken that won't be seen?

>Bonus Player question
Is there a character you hate in any quest you follow? Regardless of what the actual player character's IC opinion of them is.

>Gluteal sulcus question
Is there anything that you want to ask of your QMs to do more of? Whether or not you've actually brought it up in the threads, as you really ought to.

>Bonus General question
It's time for the arbitrarily scheduled QTG quest survey. List what active quests you currently follow, for the benefit of science. Only a fraction of /qst/'s audience even hangs out here, but it might be worth knowing. No judgment of your taste. After all, you're posting in here, aren't you?
>>
File: 1617772014061.png (13 KB, 770x567)
13 KB
13 KB .png
>If you were to go back and change one vote in a quest to turn out a different way, what would it be?
Ditch Kara and go to the town square
>List what active quests you currently follow
Valen. ForgottenQM's quests. Dolomite but he's not running anything (fuck you)
I hate it when the players in a quest want to play a goody-two-shoes every single time. ForgottenQMs playerbase is especially faggy. Oh nooo we killed the alien bug who is so forgettable I don't even remember who he was, lets go cry about it! Even though the MC is supposed to be a stone cold killer. bleh
>>
File: Untitled.png (417 KB, 1304x856)
417 KB
417 KB .png
>>5201122
>If you were to go back and change one vote in a quest to turn out a different way, what would it be?
I think the one if Space Monke Supreme Ruler that led to the smartest Blue Hazaar in the known universe hating our civilization, maybe... But then, we still don't know how that will shake out.

>What was a time/s where your players surprised you with the action they decided to vote for? Whether good or bad.
I didn't expect my players to spare both Edwin and Paula, or to free Mina's mind. I'm pleasantly surprised at how attached some players have gotten to my supporting cast of NPCs.

>Is there a particularly interesting alternative route you can imagine a quest you run or play having taken that won't be seen?
In my quest, I guess there's the human defector or rogue agent paths, which were given up for loyalty and piety. Tonally, joining the guards would have led to a VERY different feel than what we ended up with.

In other quests... I'm curious what would have happened in Royal Rumble if Garlend had never been crippled, whether Ingar in Space Monke Supreme Ruler would have been a good Supreme, and in what would have happened in Beastfolk Quest had kept going with Kora's original plotline of forming a furry transformation cult.

>Is there a character you hate in any quest you follow? Regardless of what the actual player character's IC opinion of them is.
You know, I don't think so. Maybe Tetreus of Apprentice & The Dwarf, but he's designed to be sort of hateable, and I enjoy and appreciate him in his role OOC.

>Is there anything that you want to ask of your QMs to do more of?
Nothing springs to mind, except to keep on keeping on with the quality and regularity of updates.

>List what active quests you currently follow, for the benefit of science.
Pic related. I hope Bong isn’t dead.
>>
File: 1596123983288.png (490 KB, 3180x4720)
490 KB
490 KB .png
>>5201137
I WANT TO CUM IN WONDER LASS
>>
>>5201149
She's alright, but I'm more of a Gothica guy, myself.
>>
File: 1628927703235.jpg (49 KB, 449x425)
49 KB
49 KB .jpg
>>5201151
Maybe she has decenth thighs, but thighs can't beat define core muscles and biceps.
And the freckles. Oh god the freckles make my knees weak.
>>
File: pollenling.jpg (358 KB, 1024x1024)
358 KB
358 KB .jpg
>>5201122
>Player
In Created I would have made the bird pope the winner, loved that lil nigga.
>QM
For a while people were debating on whether or not to eat the sole teenage female companion, but they haven't gone through with it yet.
>General
If the players didn't get lucky and have a token, they would have had to slaughter the entire facility, which would bring down a whole lot more heat on themselves and lead to a bunch more conflicts with the group hunting them, as well as a personality change and possibly a companion change.
>Bonus Player
Back when that Worm quest was running with the Joker ripoff protag, I fucking despised the Harley Quinn rip off that every other player was lusting for. But I also generally dislike first girl syndrome.
>GS
Just to update more, although I'm guilty of that myself.
>Bonus General
Right just Batman, the new Changeling quest which is excellent so far, and Spuderman, but I've stopped reading it for a while and am 800 posts behind.
>>
File: 6.jpg (179 KB, 1280x853)
179 KB
179 KB .jpg
Do you like magic, castles, vampires, swords, and werewolves? Come to BAROVIAN LEGENDS!
Help Aranuel Caniella, an 18-year-old cleric girl, search for her missing sister in the ancient valley of Barovia, a cursed land ruled by a dark lord that the local residents call the Devil. Help her navigate the valley and realize her destiny, which, unbeknownst to her, has world-defining implications. High-octane character-driven fantasy gothic horror.
A faithful adaption of Ravenloft, the classic fan-favorite D&D campaign first published in the 80s. Uses a D&D 5e system modified to be quest-friendly. No pre-existing knowledge of the setting or game is necessary to understand the story or vote on decisions.

>>5195343
>>5195343
>>5195343
>>
Rolled 3 (1d20)

If you can't roll a nat 20 on your first try, you're not a man
>>
File: pollenling.png (1782 KB, 1434x1076)
1782 KB
1782 KB .png
>>5201169
>pollenling.jpg
Nigga, that's Dirty Bubble
>>
File: 1647804341016.png (459 KB, 1482x856)
459 KB
459 KB .png
>>5201169
>Batman

DAMNIT, I KNEW I'd forgotten one.
>>
File: 19.png (201 KB, 1000x1000)
201 KB
201 KB .png
New thread, new SHILLING OPPORTUNITY.

KNIFE GIRL: Now with FISH BABES.

Update in the next couple of hours.

>>5168609
>>5168609
>>5168609
>>
File: standressup2.png (232 KB, 800x650)
232 KB
232 KB .png
>>5201122
>QM question
There was this one time early on in Bones Quest where players near-unanimously voted to head down to the boiler room of the protagonist's workplace to blow up an entire dog bone factory. After fighting the bad guy and heading all the way down there, they then completely changed their mind and continued being sneaky. Not exactly out of character, but it threw me for a loop!

That and the sheer amount of diplomancy going on. Maybe combat just isn't that entertaining, but there are a [i]lot[/i] of decisions where players made pals with baddies. Takes me by surprise every time, but I think it's actually made things better in the long run!

>General question
My players avoided interacting with the protagonist's employers for a good two threads or so--things were going to be much different if they hadn't eventually smoothed things over with them.

Things would have been much more different too if players hadn't decided to deal with Talbot early on.

>Gluteal sulcus question
Don't flake?

>Bonus General question
Gaol, Drowned Redux, Lego, Violent Masquerade, Batman, Knife Girl, Trust a Goblin (Catching up, at least), Records of Honor, Bong the Sorcerer, and Cave Crawler (assuming all the number crunch doesn't drive the QM off). I also dipped in and out of Space Monke--eager for the next thread!

Speaking of next threads, it's a fresh QTG, so I might as well shill my quest again!

>After a centuries-old lich came back to life during her graveyard shift at the Good Boy Doggie Bone Factory, Stanley Parble, janitor and plucky quest protagonist, sets off with a cast of unlikely companions to save her hometown of CLEARWATER from bloodthirsty skeletons!

If you're looking for a rules-lite quest with attempts at humor, shitty drawings, and plenty of opportunities for creativity, look no further! We're on Thread 15 already, but it's not that hard to catch up--honest! You can even find a link to the archives in the current thread!

Come on in and check it out! You probably won't regret it!
>>5190116
>>5190116
>>5190116
>>
>>5201253
Shit, forgot to mention I follow Mutant! Quest too when that lazy prick SirenQM is actually running it! Check that one out in the archives too if you haven't already!
>>
>>5201122
nice qtg, qtgeneranon
>>
>>5201122

>>If you were to go back and change one vote in a quest to turn out a different way, what would it be?
I don't care how long ago it happened or how hairy Chryssa's cunt was; she was best girl and Soma did her wrong by going with the obvious samefag vote.

>>General question

Same. We wouldn'tve been stuck with the one party member so boring you don't even remember she got gangraped most of the time, and instead fucked around with awesome viking dwarves or whatever the fuck those were and did more character-driven ancient ruin shit and maybe murdered a dragon.

>>Is there a character you hate in any quest you follow? Regardless of what the actual player character's IC opinion of them is.

Callisto on Maximum Spider Quest (which is the best quest on the board right now). Not because of her personality, not that there's been a whole lot to it up until this point, but because she's a mutie and muties should fuck off to their own universe instead of clogging up 616 and getting clogged up by the rest of 616 in turn. Marvel has so many goddamn characters with so many different powers that it's just a permanent burden on my suspension of disbelief no matter what I'm reading and I hate it. I hope Krakoa packs literally all of them all up and fucks off forever to its own franchise.

>>Is there anything that you want to ask of your QMs to do more of? Whether or not you've actually brought it up in the threads, as you really ought to.
Any given thread should update more than it does just because I want them to. Having a life is gay.

>>>Bonus General question
Max Spider, Supreme Space Monke, Paintaway Palace, Starving Creature. Also gonna catch up with Barovian Legends because Kossuth seems pretty metal, but I gotta finish reading a thing on RR first that's actually somehow better than being in a live quest.
>>
>>5201122
What decides when a new qtg is made? And how is the OP chosen?
>>
>>5201347
Near as I can tell, it is arbitrary on both fronts: some enterprising anon decides the old thread is done, and they choose or create the OP. By general accord, nobody else attempts to create a warring thread with a different OP during that time; there can only be one.
>>
>>5201347
>What decides when a new qtg is made?
When whoever decides to make it first decides to post a new one.
>And how is the OP chosen?
Whoever posts the thread picks it.

There's no actual process unless somebody decides to have one and asks around, literally anybody can do it if they feel like it, at any time, but common courtesy at least demands that you have an actual reason to post a new one if there's already one on the board. When the old thread is over one thousand posts the thread starts to fuck up and it gets much slower to load, and when it's down at page 9 it'll be gone soon anyways, so that's an ideal time to do it.
>>
File: 1622179554957.jpg (103 KB, 900x900)
103 KB
103 KB .jpg
>>
>>5201352
>>5201351
>>5201347
We need a /qtg/ Quest
>>
It seems that I forgot my tripcode or it has expired.
>>
New /qtg/, nice. Time to schill.

Since my players are busy voting on high stakes adoption strategy I will take the time I'd be using to write my update to throw up an ad before an autistic shitfight starts as usual.

>>5187631

Spymaster Anti Isekai Quest:

Overpowered Japanese Teenagers threatening the social order in YOUR stable Empire? It's more likely than you think! Click here for free Isekai scan!

Use logic, force of arms, and generally things available to well bred and trained aristocrats of a feudal medieval state against the unknown threat of idealistic outworlders who simply cannot abide your righteous and holy way of life. They may have cheat powers, but you have spies, soldiers, and the authority of the Emperor on your side!. Many will die, but that is a price Emperor Alkaign is willing to pay.
>>
>>5201369
Tripcodes don't expire. Are you coming back?
>>
>>5201574
Hello, glad someone remembers me.

I am currently mastering a campaign for a group of friends in the same universe I always do my quests here. I hope this will give me enough confidence to start a new quest this year.
>>
>>5201979
YOU GOT THIS, CHIEF!!!! GO FOR IT!!!!!!!
>>
File: 1647148100392.png (197 KB, 225x224)
197 KB
197 KB .png
>>5201989
Thanks. See you later this year.
Also found back my tripcode.
>>
File: 1644313047213.jpg (107 KB, 750x921)
107 KB
107 KB .jpg
The biggest problem on /qst/ are unprofessional QMs.

Nothing makes me lose interest in a quest more then a 4th wall breaking or meta shit in the first post. No attempt to even try and stay in character. Everything to do with immersion and a narrative is thrown out the window. Imagine if you opened novel and the first chapter, not foreword, was the author speaking plainly about the book before launching into the story without a page break or anything. 4chan memes and commentary should never mix in fictional text without a clear seperation.

Look how many threads in the catalog have something like that in the first post. "This is a quest where..." and "I promised you an X quest...". These quests are completely spoiled from the beginning and the QMs should make a new thread and start over.
>>
File: 1627732631475.png (27 KB, 400x400)
27 KB
27 KB .png
>>5202002
>Nothing makes me lose interest in a quest more then a 4th wall breaking or meta shit in the first post. No attempt to even try and stay in character.
I agree completely

I like it when the catalog post is a blurb or subtitle but
>"This is a quest where..." and "I promised you an X quest..."
are bad opening lines
>>
>>5202002
bro dice don't real
>>
File: 72Xz.gif (1677 KB, 625x343)
1677 KB
1677 KB .gif
>>5201122
>>Player question
#noregerts

>>QM question
My players talk-no-jutsu'd an enemy into joining us. I was convinced he'd end up as an unwilling captive, rather than an ally.

>>General question

The quest would have gone very differently if we either chose the other drawback or we didn't go and eavesdrop at a very crucial moment. Or, theoretically, we might've met a certain, teleporting main-character earlier-on had we also chosen something differently.

>>Bonus Player question
Petunia.
Not a hater.
Just don't loike rapists.
Simple as

>>Gluteal sulcus question
Nope. If I'm in the quest and voting, then that means I like what they're doing so far.

>>Bonus General question
Half of the ones I was reading flaked in the month that the last /qtg/ was posted. Now my list of active quests amounts to:
>Maximum Spider Quest
>Bones Quest
>Drowned Quest Redux
>Gnoll Quest

>>5201255
Lazy prick?! That's THE lazy prick to you!

I can confirm that every quest in this post is phenomenal.
>>
File: barreleye_fish.jpg (44 KB, 1440x880)
44 KB
44 KB .jpg
>>5201122
>Player question
Court of swords, was told my combat picks were wrong. Then we got to the flower boy who studied our moves and were wiped.
>QM question
Gave three choices of magic, a anon came up with something i didn't see and swayed everyone else.
>General question
Do your best Kart race winner giving a different character to follow.
>Bonus Player question
No.
>Gluteal sulcus question
I want to say update more often but i understand why they take some time.
>Bonus General question
Horror world, Tournament arc, Testament of Tatamu and Paper Mario turbo.
>>
>QM question
This happens so frequently I can't even think of a specific instance. I think I need to start applying reverse psychology: every time I think "the players will/won't vote for this" they're bound to do the opposite.

>General question
This isn't quite the same thing as an alternate route, but a write-in near the end of Thread 14 (the response to the swordfish god) plus a few other things shortly afterwards (double-critfailing and losing the Crown, opting to delete your memories of being a terrible person) ended up radically changing how I write the MC and how I see the quest progressing in the future. It's hard to conceptualize how things would've turned out otherwise, since there's multiple factors, but Charlotte could've easily become a way worse person than she currently is.

>Gluteal sulcus question
Please communicate when you're taking days off or dropping the quest. It isn't that hard.

>Bonus General question
I've become awful at following any writequests, so right now it's just
>Angel Quest
>Western Quest(ern)
>Trust a Goblin
>Violent Masquerade
Also looking forward to BCQ2230 returning.
>>
>QM question
This happens so frequently I can't even think of a specific instance. I think I need to start applying reverse psychology: every time I think "the players will/won't vote for this" they're bound to do the opposite.

>General question
This isn't quite the same thing as an alternate route, but a write-in near the end of Thread 14 (the response to the swordfish god) plus a few other things shortly afterwards (double-critfailing and losing the Crown, opting to delete your memories of being a terrible person) ended up radically changing how I write the MC and how I see the quest progressing in the future. It's hard to conceptualize how things would've turned out otherwise, since there's multiple factors, but Charlotte could've easily become a way worse person than she currently is.

>Gluteal sulcus question
Please communicate when you're taking days off or dropping the quest. It isn't that hard.

>Bonus General question
I've become awful at following any writequests, so right now it's just
>Angel Quest
>Western Quest(ern)
>Trust a Goblin
>Violent Masquerade
Also looking forward to BCQ2230 returning.

>>5201253
>>5202034
>Drowned Quest Redux
Hey, I hear that's a decent quest. Does this mean you guys have caught up? :^)

>>5202002
I feel like I've read this before, but it's not wrong.
>>
>>5202002
You are about to begin reading Italo Calvino's new novel, If on a winter's
night a traveler. Relax. Concentrate. Dispel every other thought. Let the world
around you fade. Best to close the door; the TV is always on in the next room.
Tell the others right away, "No, I don't want to watch TV!" Raise your voice—
they won't hear you otherwise—"I'm reading! I don't want to be disturbed!"
Maybe they haven't heard you, with all that racket; speak louder, yell: "I'm
beginning to read Italo Calvino's new novel!" Or if you prefer, don't say
anything; just hope they'll leave you alone.
>>
>>5201122
I don't really feel bad about any of my votes, but I would probably push harder against getting MC possessed by a demon in Reptilian Infiltrator.
I suppose we could've spared the Foxwoman and worked out things with her instead, but those were... chaotic times.
>Is there a particularly interesting alternative route you can imagine a quest you play having taken that won't be seen?
Not getting possessed by the aforementioned demon would change a lot in terms of how the MC had to tackle hard objectives (mechanics-wise) and how certain situations would play out. The demon lets us just survive normally lethal attacks, shapeshift, cheese some interactions and brainwash people, among other things.
>Is there a character you hate in any quest you follow?
I don't think so. There are some that I dislike or find their demeanor irritating, but can't say I personally hate any of them.
>Is there anything that you want to ask of your QMs to do more of?
Tell your players when you're taking a break from writing and touch grass at least once a week. This applies to all QMs.
>List what active quests you currently follow
In no particular order:
>Reptilian Infiltrator Quest
>Digital Monster Quest
>Lego Quest Presents
>Western Quest(ern)
>Haremvania Quest
>Bong the Sorcerer
>Knight(s) Quest
>Angel Quest
>KNIFE GIRL

>>5201137
>I'm pleasantly surprised at how attached some players have gotten to my supporting cast of NPCs.
Your characters tend to be very likeable so it's not a surprise. I don't think that killing Edwin and Paula would be reasonable and Mina was the closest thing we had to a non-reptilian ally and keeping her enthralled would just feel wrong.
>VERY different feel than what we ended up with
Mind sharing what would happen if Ismena joined the guards? And actually, was it guards or paladins?
>>
>>5201169
> Back when that Worm quest was running with the Joker ripoff protag, I fucking despised the Harley Quinn rip off that every other player was lusting for. But I also generally dislike first girl syndrome.
Which Quest was that?
>>
>>5202353
https://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/qstarchive.html?tags=Zion
>>
>>5201122
>Player
I know it's been a decade but I'll always wonder what would have happened if we didn't fuck up the last phase of the Side 4 battle in ZEONQUEST

>general
The clan selection in SLQ I wonder what would have happened if we went Ayarian instead of Okarian

>Bonus Player
I can't really think of any it doesn't help that nothing running right now really interest me so I don't get invested enough for strong feeling

>Gluteal sulcus
Since I don't really follow anything right now I'm just going to write down a pet peeve of mine. I hate it when it feels like the world bend over to accommodate player choices even if they're bad, unrealistic or breaking characterization up to that point, some times it feels less like influencing a character decisions and the consequence thereof and more akin to a reader/voter power fantasy.

>Bonus General
Nothing nostalgia posting
>Why are you here then
Maybe something will catch my attention someday and it'll be good until it isn't.
>>
Just how salacious does /qst/ allow for it's drawfags?

Is nudity allowed?
Sexual imagery?
I know it's a blueboard, but is there any levity?
>>
>>5202507
>Nudity
I wouldn't try full frontal, but anything else is probably fine.

>Sexual imagery
Depends on how explicit it is. Pinup poses are probably fine, anime orgasm faces are probably fine, two people actually having sex probably isn't (unless you heavily censor/imply it like Gaol Quest does).
>>
>>5202507
I wonder what kind of a shitshow an /h/, /d/ or /aco/ quest would be. It should be legal since rules don't forbid roleplaying on any boards other than /tg/ and /mlp/ far as I know.
>>
>>5202539
I'm ancient, so I remember when Blatant Fetish Quest was big and often the bugbear of /tg/ era /qtg/
>>
>>5202591
There were /qtg/s back then? I came in around the middle of Cyclops Civ (the only good civ I played) and I don't remember that. Probably because of all the weed and autism.
>>
>>5202602
>weed
weed quest?

also link to Cyclops archive?
>>
>>5202627
weed is amazing, it makes everyone around you much smarter.
>>
>>5202627
Dunno about any weed quests, but the archive is http://thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=Cyclops%20Quest which you didn't need me to find
>>
>>5202665
Makes it easier and spurs conversation.
>>
>>5202602
Yeah there were /qtg/s. Best avoided in my experience, qms who posted there got their quests raided by spergs pretty often. I guess that still happens, just more rarely.
>>
Space moneky quest starts when?
>>
File: welp.jpg (989 KB, 3440x3680)
989 KB
989 KB .jpg
>>5202728
new thread never ever, anon, it's over
>>
[b]test[/b]
[i]test[/i]
[red]test[/red]
>test
test<
test TEST test
[blue]test[/blue]
[green]test[/green]
>>
>>5202738
wtf it doesnt work
>>
>>5202739
read the formatting guide again
>>
>>5202738
it's not enough to be a faggot, you have to be THE faggot
>>
>>5202738
Try being OP next time.
>>
>>5202742 (a faggot)
>>5202809 (THE faggot)
>>
File: 1647808874612.png (494 KB, 1648x856)
494 KB
494 KB .png
>>5202105
>Mind sharing what would happen if Ismena joined the guards?
I don't have the entire thing plotted out, but probably way more emphasis on overtly sabotaging investigations, planting evidence, and building martial prowess and connections in the government.

>And actually, was it guards or paladins?
The Infiltrator originally expressed interest in joining the Paladins, but they have no female members, and Sir Chase laughed at the notion and suggested you could be a good nursemaid to the gryphons, essentially. Either that or guard duty could have segued into worming your way into the Paladins as their first female squire, and going on more traditional adventures outside of the Hawksong urban centre.

>pic related
Almost forgot to rep our boy, de Villeroi!
>>
File: Spoiler Image (83 KB, 1224x307)
83 KB
83 KB .png
>>5202539
>I wonder what kind of a shitshow a /d/ quest would be.
>>
>>5201135
I agree 100% questfags are obsessed with being "morally good."
>>
>>5202950
Depends on the quest. While people haven't gone pure evil or anything, the MC in my quest has been voted into making some fairly monstrous or villainous decisions. Scumbag Antipaladin was exactly what it said on the tin, and was a popular quest while it ran. Charles de Villeroi from Local Lord Quest is a bit of a shitheel, albeit a pious one. Kobold Swamp Survival Civ stars a vicious little asshole as its lead character, and in it the Kobolds just butchered some ailing humans in an opportunistic massacre.

>>5202949
Gender Bender DNA Twister Extreme was a weirdly sexless version of that, and it was pretty good. My quest has some light /d/ in it.
>>
File: 1560828286129.png (80 KB, 1220x1220)
80 KB
80 KB .png
>>5202956
Did you forget Femboy elf civil?
>>
>>5202958
Never played it.
>>
>>5201122
>Player question

>STV
Probably the tracker Jean vote because regardless of what side you were on the middle ground option just made Emille seem fickle.

>Asoiaf: Malroy
Probably the last vote it ever had because I hate how it died

>Bonus Player question
I don't get the love for Tracker Jean in STV but more than anything Copperclipper delenda est.

>Gluteal sulcus question
I'd love Forgotten to give us the Vancewell lewds in a pastebin for characterisations sake because compared to Daubneys screentime it feels like she's down a peg in terms of well rounded characterisation

Also Companion interactions and snippets of their daily life
>>
>QM question
Hmm, tough question. Off the top of my head I can't say I've ever been that deeply surprised by my players choices. I suppose choosing to engage the Deathclaw in Enclave remnant quest, but I blame myself for that personally as much of a battle monster Ford was that was a horribly out of character option to even allow, boy was to smart for that.

>General question
Well there's plenty of situations that could have gone differently, from character creation to the first major mission. I'll note that the whole tone of Enclave Remnant quest would have changed if they had actually gotten that crit during the infiltration of Navarro. As many had correctly surmised the crit success was indeed the Nuclear launch codes for the Divide, getting those would have done both wonderful and horrible things for the morale and ideological bents of the Remnants. Would have been very interesting to write.

>Bonus General Question
At the Moment only 2nd Primarch quest, actually just caught up to it, Gods speed Malal you crazy bastard.

On that note, catching up on that really got my heart pumping, it's made me rather nostalgic so I'm a bit curious, want to get a feeling for things. When I finish Act 1 properly of my current quest, How would people feel about me bringing back Enclave Remnant quest. I know I said I was done with it, way back when, but to be frank the last 6 months and recent events have me rather inspired and I find my thoughts drifting back to it, I hate to see it unfinished the way it is as in honestly the story was rather close to a climatic confrontation and it's been frustrating me to no end whenever I think about how it's not done. So I want to know if there'd be any interest in seeing it come back to give it the send off and ending it deserves after I'm done with Act 1 of Beneath the Pale Moon.
>>
File: 1647933746195.jpg (75 KB, 540x504)
75 KB
75 KB .jpg
>>5201135
>I hate it when the players in a quest want to play a goody-two-shoes every single time.
>>5202950
>questfags are obsessed with being "morally good"
I have been saying this ever since the third quest I played and even took some backlash for it with /qtg/ saying anyone wanting to play evil must have mental issues. Counterpoint: these faggots have a massive hero syndrome.
Also hate those sad fuckers who will try to have a meaningful romance with the first female NPC they see and have a happy little group of friends in EVERY QUEST. EVERY. FUCKING. QUEST.
>>
>>5201135
>>5202950
>>5203140
edgelord retards
>>
>>5203164
>He doesn't want to play a quest where he
Has no friends
Has no goals
And just makes trouble for eveyone
>>
>>5203164
>>5203167
faggot duo detected
>you don't want to play the same LE GOOD GUY every quest? you must be an edgy murderhobo haha!
>>
File: drowned quest redux.jpg (190 KB, 445x634)
190 KB
190 KB .jpg
>>5203167
>Has no friends
>And just makes trouble for eveyone
:^)
>>
>>5203167
Recently had the odd experience of expecting my players to be edgelords and getting the opposite. I kind of really enjoyed that.
>>
File: 1647941117348.jpg (103 KB, 750x327)
103 KB
103 KB .jpg
>>5203164
>>5203167
>>5203184
Hit a nerve?
>>
>>5203186
Not at all, it made me rethink the MC's characterization in a way I wasn't expecting. It was fun.
>>
>>5203168
Only you are complaining about not being a serial rapist edgelord in every quest. No one's trying to take away your scumbag antipaladin, craigslist killer or reptilian infiltrator. Stop crying that other anons don't always share your taste.
>>
>>5203186
No?
>>
>>5203193
>>5203195
These guys are platinum mad
>>
>>5203189
>edgelord retards
>not mad
>>5203193
>implying reptilian infiltrator about wasn't ruined by husbandofags and sentimental faggots
kek
>serial rapist edgelord
>in every quest
Nice projection that has nothing to do with the original point. Stop crying that a few anons dare to call out your faggotry.
>>
>>5203205
I haven't even played any of these quests and reptile quest looks especially faggy. Intense projection and butthurt. Why are they so angry?
>>
>>5203205
>the original point.
The original point being you being butthurt that anons did not vote like you wanted them to in a specific quest. Stay mad faggots. Not every quest has to cater to your fetishes
>>
File: every day.png (280 KB, 452x710)
280 KB
280 KB .png
>>
>>5203224
>I'm just gonna post an image! Haha!
You are the biggest fag of anyone here
>>
>>5203224
Honestly. This /qtg/ slap fight sucks. I miss the Schizo vs. Felon one from last thread.
>>
File: when life is honest.gif (85 KB, 160x160)
85 KB
85 KB .gif
>>5203225
>>
Is life worth living without Black Company 2000AD or Sworn to Valour?
>>
>>5203224
>>5203225
Laughed too hard at this exchange
>>
>>5203259
World War 3 has a higher chance of starting than Emile has of getting off that damn boat.
>>
>>5203052
>Enclave Remnant quest
Loved that quest - was fun as (aside from the crazy deathclaw shit)

The election season and hyper paranoia around our mother were pretty fun

Would 100% play again
>>
>>5203266
I agree. I loved that quest. would like to see more set in the fallout universe.
>>
>>5203264
>Both chances got higher this year

THE NUMBERS MASON! WHAT DO THEY MEAN
>>
>>5175886

Visit Gaol Quest if you like girls! We've got serial non-consensualist, crash test deity, robofucker, repentant warcrime, volume warning, hikikkomatriarch, swole prizefighter, and many more! Fun for all ages!
What's that? You like boys? Well visit anyways, we got rebel picassoface, cockney goodboi, bri'ish skynet, the fucked-up brothers, professor muscles, living fanfic, and more! So go on, visit Gongalla Gaol today!
>>
>>5203206
>Reptile Quest
My quest may be edgy and/or faggy, but come on, at least get the name right.
>>
I refuse to play ongoing quests. I play only if I'm there for the first thread and if my vote for the first decision does not win I leave.
>>
>>5203370
This is me, but unironically. How do I stop being such a fag?
>>
>>5203217
keep whining, reflecting faggot
>>
>>5203226
yeah not enough pedo accusations for my tastes.
>>
>>5203226
Yeah, nothing that ruins a good internet fight like clumsily-utilized strawmen.
>>
>>5203278
It means I'm fucking stoked for Dragon Guard shenanigans.
>>
>>5203172
Ayyy, fuck you we have Gil and Gil even likes us as a person.

Also Eloise is pretty cool.
>>
>>5201135
Gods, it's you. You're the worst to play with, all you do is constantly bitch and come up with conspiracy theories that aren't just dumb, but even worse are boring.

Are you like, abused at home or something? Because you're pretty fucked up.
>>
>>5203370
>>5203372
>Be on the website that can't be named
>Setting is interesting
>Character gen doesn't go awfully
>player start talking about getting knotted
This happen too often for me to not relate
>>
>>5203486
Eloise is a friendly acquaintance at best, but I'll grant you Gil. Kind of. You've known him for a whole 5 days and he assumed you were deranged for 4 of those... and even now "friends" might be strong. But you're certainly getting there!
>>
>>5201122
I miss the Enclave Remnant quest...
>>
>>5203524
>visiting websites where you can't even make a single murder-rape joke about a child without getting banned
fag
>>
>>5203489
You got the wrong guy. But I can recognize you, you're that one who uses
>like
In every sentence, aren't you? You sure do sound like a faggot
>>
>>5203489
>>5203559
>conspiracy theories that aren't just dumb
im intrigued, got a link to that anon's posts?
>>
>>5203052
>How would people feel about me bringing back Enclave Remnant quest.

I really liked it
, so I would play it again.
>>
>>5203052
Looking back i would have probably give our personal comms to the Courier. And then put on the table for our dad and the other leaders that we found a guide .

Might have helped for the exodus. I was planning to take back the old squad in the mojave too along the way.

I still remember the fierce battle against those NCR troops and those BOS. Overall a great mission with a good success
>>
File: birdhead.jpg (666 KB, 1920x2322)
666 KB
666 KB .jpg
New Living Armour Quest thread
>>5203611
>>
>>5203625
that armor fire tho
>>
>>5203370
>and if my vote for the first decision does not win I leave.
Never seen the problem. Part of quests charms are that they can be unpredictable.
>>
Thinking of making a quest with no plans, effort, or really any thought behind it and seeing where it goes. Good idea?
>>
>>5203748
sure, I could try a new civ
>>
>>5203750
kek
>>
>>5203052
For what it's worth... I've just read the two threads and it was very fun to read. The whole deathclaw fight was incredibly retarded though, if it were up to me I would retcon to before that encounter and start over from there.
>>
>>5203791
It's something I've considered, Lot of factors and things that people did enjoy came after it though, but it definitely soured and slowed my tempo and mood while writing.

Would the results be better to start from the FOB after getting +7 to operational success on the infiltration team? Possibly.

I suppose it'd depend on how the potential players felt about starting from basically the elections except there were no deathclaws and the FoB was just fully and healthily established.

Otherwise I'm just fine with pretending it never happened and having it stricken from the canon like the horrible little mistake that it was and just pick up from the start of the Granite company ambush.
>>
File: chad up.png (399 KB, 1024x968)
399 KB
399 KB .png
>>5203370
>>
>>5203748
It's more or less what I did
>>
File: responsible.jpg (52 KB, 1030x1083)
52 KB
52 KB .jpg
>>5203967

"They Will Hold Us Responsible" is a Metroid quest set immediately after Fusion. Instead of the Galactic Federation shrugging its shoulders and giving Samus a hi-five for discovering state secrets and destroying them, along with a vibrant and historically significant planet, without orders, they will be all up in her business trying to keep her silent. More silent than usual, anyway.

Could play out as lone hero against corrupt government. May end up being a start of darkness. We'll find out!
>>
>>5203483
>He shills for the dragon

Lmao
>>
File: inflation leads to this.jpg (476 KB, 1920x1656)
476 KB
476 KB .jpg
Let us say that in a game there are two types of bullets, cheap and premium. The cheap bullets cost USD1 and the premium bullets cost USD10 per shot.

For the purposes of the game, they are functionally the same, damage, ballistics etc, the expensive bullets are maybe a bit shinier and nicer, come with better cosmetic branding and packaging, but mostly identical.

Now because of various reasons, the price of ammunition goes up by USD1 for both.

So the cheap bullets now cost USD2, the expensive premium bullets are now USD11.

Which bullets do you buy? (Give reasons)

>1/ Cheap bullets, USD2 per shot still pretty cheap, you can afford a lot more of them

>2/ Expensive bullets, USD11 per shot. They are so shiny! Shiny!

>3/ Expensive bullets, because cheap bullets went up by 100%, whilst the premium bullets went up by only 10%

>4/ Cheap bullets, because if they went up by 100%, they might go up even more. You could hoard and re-sell them. Become a post-apocalyptic ammunition merchant or Bullet Shaman. Something something convexity trade?

>5/ Another hidden reason...? State what you think that could be. (Do the prices matter?)

>6/ You want to steal all the ammunition and shoot the bullets back into the face of whoever invented this scenario
>>
File: SkirmJamSplash.jpg (244 KB, 1024x1536)
244 KB
244 KB .jpg
We be jammin.

>>5204312
>>5204312
>>
>>5204314

Pragmatism is sexier than cosmetics, and it is more pragmatic to have more bullets on the dollar and to stay away from harebrained scenarios like trying to get up to market manipulation antics in a huge industry where everyone who would disapprove of this literally deals bullets. But since you asked in vote format,

>6/ You want to steal all the ammunition and shoot the bullets back into the face of whoever invented this scenario
>>
>>5204314
For an actual serious choice?

>>1/ Cheap bullets, USD2 per shot still pretty cheap, you can afford a lot more of them
If they are the exact same in everything but looks, I don't care if the bullets doubled in price while the premium ones only had a 10% increase.

I can still buy five cheap bullets for one premium bullet. Or eleven of them for two premium ones. Why wouldn't I get the cheaper bullets?
>>
>>5204314
>[7] Shoot the bullets in the face of the QM making players micromanage exact dollar amounts on boring drawn-out shopping trips
>>
>>5204317
>>5204318
>>5204324

The Devious Bullet Shaman cackles wickedly:

Haha! You have completely fallen into my Evil Trap! Do you know what a numeraire is, or even the Alchian-Allen Third Law Of Demand? Is there even a right answer? Or just opinions, make-believe nonsense? It is so easy! So very simple, the answer is-
>>
File: itAlwaysEndsWithThis.jpg (185 KB, 1846x920)
185 KB
185 KB .jpg
>>5204326
(You steal all his bullets and shoot him in the face. You feel like you will never know his stupid answer, but you are now very satisfied with the ammunition hoard you have acquired.)
>>
>>5204326
ah you're the dude who speaks in riddles. also the whole Third Law of Demand principle kinda falls flat when the "higher quality" thing is functionally the same outside of looking prettier.

It's one thing picking between good coffee and shitty coffee. The price difference actually impacts the quality. Your expensive and cheap bullet example has them be functionally identical, so why would people be compelled to buy the higher quality one?

Especially when the price difference is still fucking outrageous at a 138% difference.
>>
>>5204332
Brand fanaticism, you could slap SUPREME on a bullet and sell it for more than the same bullet without the SUPREME logo.
>>
>>5204327
>>5204332
>>5204335

You are about to depart with your looted ammunition when the infuriating Devious Bullet Shaman lurches upward, and appears to suddenly resurrect:

Ahahaha! You thought you shot me in the face! Well it turns out you picked the cheap unreliable ammunition, and I am completely unharmed, hahaha! You literally believe anything people tell you!

Of course the expensive premium ammunition is better and more reliable, why otherwise would it be so expensive... But would it actually make any difference? If you knew the expensive bullets were slightly more reliable, would that even affect what you chose? It is all meaningless! Ahahahaha!

And the Devious Bullet Shaman prances gleefully away.
>>
>>5204358
???

"For the purposes of the game, they are functionally the same, damage, ballistics etc, the expensive bullets are maybe a bit shinier and nicer, come with better cosmetic branding and packaging, but mostly identical."

"Of course the expensive premium ammunition is better and more reliable, why otherwise would it be so expensive."

at this rate you're just making up bullshit, man.
>>
File: Vizzini.jpg (6 KB, 240x186)
6 KB
6 KB .jpg
>>5204358
>>
>>5204360
>expensive bullets are maybe a bit nicer
>mostly identical

You quoted it yourself. They were a bit nicer. They were not entirely identical. I'm sorry, anon. You've been fooled.
>>
Test
>>
>>5204362
The difference in utility is negligible or nonexistent. The aesthetic difference hardly matters for something so disposable.
>>
File: 1648049508646.png (1159 KB, 960x969)
1159 KB
1159 KB .png
>>5204362
"shinier and nicer" doesn't equal "better and more reliable" you absolute fucking hack
>>
File: 1648049573383.jpg (28 KB, 271x247)
28 KB
28 KB .jpg
>>5204381
hello there, testanon
>>
>>5204384
Depends what utility you are utilizing them for. Maybe the Vietnamese slave laborers loading the premium bullets take care to load an extra 2 grains of powder in each bullet. This would make them still mostly identical to the standard bullets. Or what if you shoot a poor enemy and he gets demoralized by seeing your premium bullets, knowing he only has enough of a budget for the standard bullets, because his mom is on a fixed income, and he has to take her grocery shopping twice a month? Obviously leading to an inferiority complex which will dash his confidence, and thus his aim and resolve to stay in the fight. Only an amateur like you would forget to factor in such crucial details.
>>5204385
Shinier and nicer CAN mean better and more reliable. You're splitting hairs here. Me? I would never split a hair. Or keratin follicle structure.
>>
(You)
>>
File: i spy.jpg (22 KB, 672x434)
22 KB
22 KB .jpg
>>5204412
>>
File: 1648051830019.jpg (99 KB, 472x645)
99 KB
99 KB .jpg
>>5204416
>>
>>5204410
>2 extra grains of powder
I'm no gun nut but I think that would barely make a difference.
>he gets demoralized by seeing your premium bullets, knowing he only has enough of a budget for standard bullets
Dude what the fuck are you going on about, the dude would be bleeding out and in agony after you shoot him. Why the fuck would he care about you have gilded bullets?
>Shinier and nicer can mean better and more reliable
okay maybe they're 1 to 5% better, doesn't fucking matter when you can get 50 "shitty" bullets for a hundred bucks instead of only 9 "good" ones. You gotta realize you got to account for missing your damn shots, no human being is 100% accurate.
>>
>>5204425
That's why we roll the dice, anon.
>>
File: 1630783711897.png (528 KB, 2051x1794)
528 KB
528 KB .png
Fuck this gay argument. Give me your best quest ideas NOW.
>>
>>5204429
The /qst/ purge where we hunt down faggots like you IRL and put your heads on pikes. And we use the $11 bullets.
>>
>>5204432
that sounds like a good ngl senpai.
>>
>>5204428
Schizophrenic, you are.
>>
>>5204429
a quest where a bunch of top tier waifus get thrown at (You), but no matter how high you roll or how well you write-in they get deflowered by an African-American gentleman with twice your muscle mass and thrice your inches
>>
>>5204429
An OC superhero quest. You play as an older, experienced super hero with a variety of powers and/or gadgets that come from a curated list that you write- with players getting to select them through choices made in flashbacks and memory segments. The idea is that this hero isn't in the beginning stages and already has a bitter long-standing rival with thematically appropriate countering powers, dead sidekicks, ex-super lovers, and may even be considering retiring soon. The quest is about what happens when a super hero puts up their cape for good and how they can pass the torch to new talent so the world still has a protector.

I actually wanted to run this quest myself due to having a very fun super hero powerset idea- but I am currently too invested in running Space Monke Quest and would rather not run two quests at a time.
>>
>>5204429
New Fate quest.
>>
>>5204444
MONKE WHEN!!!
>>
>>5204429
Stargate Quest
>>
>>5204483
Yes, when monke INDEED?

>>5204444
>>
>>5204458
I agree, but only if the servants are OCs. It'll cut down on Waifufags, at least early one. Also, it'd be fucking hype as fuck if the PC summons a rider or meets an enemy who has them as their servants and the ST just drops this https://youtu.be/1snEYPg8TXs

Oc servants for fate are an untapped gold mine, especially for quests. I wanna see Rider Red Baron fighting against Avenger (or archer) Audie Murphy before Berserker the Viking at Stamford bridge interrupts it

that'd be rad as fuck
>>
>>5204512
The red baron could also be a ruler class. Considering he was the king of the sky and head of the flying circus
>>
>>5204513
Depends, I think he'd more qualify for archer or rider than ruler as to be a ruler you need to have no wish for the grail and be an incredibly impartial judge. I figure it's likely he'd have a wish.
>>
>>5204526
Really the theoretical ST could go wild with OC servants. Like foreigner Robert E Howard disguised as a Beserker Conan, that'd be cool, since people forget how closely tied Conan was to the lovecraft mythos (And also that he was no brute, but a wise philosopher king)
>>
>>5204533
Oh absolutely, there's still a plethora of untouch historical and fictional characters to work with in the scope of the holy grail war. Part of what gives the system its narrative flexibilty and novelty is its near infinite set of permutations of interesting figures.
>>
>>5204512
This is why Overgrowth still remains the best Fate quest. It had a rough run but OCs were really fun.
>>
>>5204539
>there's still a plethora of untouch historical and fictional characters to work with in the scope of the holy grail war
and they'll all eventually show up in genderbent loli form in FGO proper
>>
>>5204539
>>5204540
It allows for creativity on both the ST and Playerbase's part, and shears metagaming off at the head, since you can't anticipate your enemies abilities, personality, ideals...ect
>>
For my ASOIAF idea, I said in the last thread I'd focus more on narrative rather than dice. I think I'd still like to use the house creation rules, cause it's a lot of fun to roll up a house.

But I was wondering what kind of a scope would you guys be interested in? Minor house? An OC in a major house? I'm thinking something more historical, inserting our house/character into the events. And possibly altering them through our choices
>>
>>5204639
Personally I'd prefer a minor house since it allows us to be our own thing. And gives us a chance to pull a tyrell/ greyjoy/ baratheon and struggle our way to prominence
>>
>>5204429
Kill zone quest
>>
>>5204657
Actually i would like this too.
>>
>>5204639
DotD OC house quest. I wanna see a Norf house but I'd still play almost anything.
>>
>>5204429
Eighty years ago, five great heroes brought peace to the continent. Fifty-five years later, one of the two surviving heroes, the mage Raskal, teams up with Empress Enid of the Highlands to assassinate king Grant of Falkirk and his family. With this, Enid unites the continent of Falkirk into The Empire. Twenty-five years later, you play a young noble who rallies the remaining knights to start a revolution against Enid, her son Galagas, and Raskal and his evil magic. But rumors rise that Raskal seeks to release the Demons from the underworld, and provoke a new Demon Battle among humans, Demons and angels!
>>
>>5203809
No, you're right. Better to pick up from where you left at the end of the second thread. Hope you get back to it and stick with it, it's got the potential to go for a lot of threads. I'd give Ford more time for social interactions though, especially with his own squad. It sets the stakes for all the mechanical parts of the quest and makes it more compelling overall in my opinion.

Side note: I found it weird that Ford didn't get the Courier's name despite him hearing it being called.
>>
>>5204743
I appreciate the suggestion and interest.

on the side note: That was just narrative fiat, me keeping it vague because I didn't really feel like assigning the name at the time. Honestly I just prefer the simplicity of just calling him 'The Courier'.

Alternatively beyond my personal reason it's possible that Ford heard it but wasn't listening for it at the time so it didn't quite stick in his head since the Courier didn't give it to him personally if you want a more in universe explanation for it.
>>
>>5204429
A The Last of Us ripoff where you play as a young survivor in a world where people who got vaxxed eventually started turning into violent, clawed, photosynthetic mutants.

Set it in Arkansas along the White River where the locals have broken into geographically and culturallyseperated factions and their local cultures near the river like Fayetteville area Scavengers, Silver Dollar City Christian Science theocracy being the strongest and least reasonable faction, Lake Norfolk Razorbacks, and Batesville Dammers. Beyond just mutants are the Buffallo River Cannibal Campers and the more isolated Hot Spring Soakers.
To the West you have the Native Tribe Reclaimers, to the South and East you have the Neonation of Islam.

Knights, blackpowder weapons, horses, canoes, and BANJOES!
>>
>>5204429
in 40k
a blackship it crashes
the MC is a psyker kid
the player are the voices in the warp, trying to further the plans of the ruinous powers.
they cant directly control the kid... unless they posses him, but that might kill him.
>>
File: 15a.jpg (48 KB, 680x694)
48 KB
48 KB .jpg
>>5204429

A group of piss-poor, yet overly-enthusiastic criminals try to recreate the Gunpowder Plot out of suspicion that the Queen is either an alien or lizard-creature. Of course, no one believes them.

Would involve a lot of Airplane/Spaceballs-tier humor and Rube Goldberg machines.

>>5204785
This sounds fun. Would play.

>>5204432
I keked.
>>
>>5204429
What’re you going to do with these collected ideas? Find one interesting enough to steal or hope someone else steals it so you’re can play it?
>>
>>5204887
im going to sell them to hollywood screenwriters for millions of dollars.
>>
File: 1610471527097.png (4358 KB, 1920x1200)
4358 KB
4358 KB .png
>>5204690
ISA or Helghans ? Or mercs i guess. There was a PSP game with that. Making money from both sides. Still seeing it from the side of the Helghans could be nice.

Even pic related could be nice (costantly on the losing side in most battles), or even a rebel in Red Faction against the EDF.
>>
>>5204928
Bro just let us choose in the first post or two. no mercenaries, since psp is bullshit.
>>
File: pollenling combat.jpg (144 KB, 1024x1024)
144 KB
144 KB .jpg
>>5205008
This time in SCQ, anons rolled a triple critical and have achieved something downright amazing. To say I didn't expect this was an understatement, and in light of the fact that I haven't done my mandated shilling in the /qtg/, come check it out if you're interested!
>>5205008
>>5205008
>>5205008
>>
>>5204639
Don't go for the setting, scrape off the the id and use you're own.
>>
>>5204928
Make it a vote,

Anyone who doesn't vote Helghan is a bitch, but still.
>>
>>5204483
>>5204502
>they didn't see my quads
>>
>>5205056
Consider it a compliment: we care more about your great quest than even QUADS.
>>
>>5204650
Fair enough, a lot more wiggle room all around.

>>5204701
The thought of doing a quest during the Dance intrigues me, I've thought of it before. But has there been no Northern House quest? Damn. That feels like something that should've happened by now.

>>5205048
Would you mind elaborating?
>>
>>5205060
>Would you mind elaborating?
Anon means that you should ditch the setting altogether and just use the thematic elements you enjoy to create a new gritty, politically-minded fantasy realm.
>>
>>5205060
Don't run it explicitly within the ASOIAF setting and run you're own setting even if it's just ASOIAF's generic twin cousin from jersey.
>>
>>5205068
Anyone here played Paper Mario before? I heard mixed things about the game.
>>
>>5205086
It's the ultimate in PG rated RPG's. The old turn-based ones not the new real-time ones.
>>
>>5205110
Really? Is it available on steam or something? You got me interested in the game.
>>
>>5205120
>Is [Nintendo Product] available for purchase on [Non-Nintendo Hardware]?
Emulation is the only way unless you already own the old consoles or want to go fishing for a second-hand one.
>>
File: FM8zHMEWUAMOYec.jpg (11 KB, 387x413)
11 KB
11 KB .jpg
Why does fae smelter write like he has schizophrenia? Craigslist Killer quest reads like it was drafted in fucking Aramaic on a stone tablet or something.
>>
>>5205164
Because he's a Schizophrenic? Did you see his argument with the drunk guy last /qtg/? Not even throwing shade, I think a schizo on the internet is a beautiful thing, but it was something.
>>
File: 1613131174905.gif (677 KB, 324x333)
677 KB
677 KB .gif
I'm enjoying Fae's posting style so far. My only wish is to understand why Bowser got the snip snip to the balls. How would that even work? He's a giant turtle monster. He wouldn't have any low hanging fruit since it would be in the insides. I.....I thiiiiink?
>>
>>5205185
Good Morning America.
It's back.
And this time it will be done.

>>5205185
>>5205185
>>5205185
>>
>>5205164
>>5205165
I've convened with my multiple personalities. The Council has determined you are not only wrong, but guilty.

>drafted in fucking Aramaic on a stone tablet
I really should go through the past /qtg/'s and compile all of the compliments I get in them and make it into a picture
>>
>>5205191
you glorious motherfucker. It's good to have you back.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_z0TYdQ-84
>>
>>5205204
In the name of allah, I say to you, the only thing you should seek is a noose but do keep doing quests because its funny.
>>
File: 1619669678068.png (4 KB, 440x400)
4 KB
4 KB .png
I'm going over thread 8 of Gnoll Quest and the flash back memory got me thinking. What if Hyenus was actually a dwarf in his past life and not a human or elf? If he were a dwarf and he saw another dwarf he'd just think it would be another person. I dunno man, something about perspective?
fuck Elizabeth is so hot for a shortstack.
>>
>>5204808
There's a pretty sweet series of bio-punk short stories like that where the Queen is Shub-Niggerath and they have like a thousand brains. Can't remember the name but one of the shorts was in the "Live, Without A Net" anthology.
>>
>>5204785
That sounds awesome! Reminds me of that short-lived quest a few months back wherein the MC was qn agent of the Sino-Mormon empire who was trying to investigate a dangerous development in the Mad Max-style anarcho-cqpitqlist wastes of Texas.
>>
>>5205164
I actually really enjoy Smelter's writing style, and feel it adjusts to suit the story being told somewhat, like in the Civquest he ran (which differed noticeably from Hobo Epic or Craigslist Killer).

That said, despite our quests being grouped together in this /qtg/ not without reason, since the MC of RIQ is actually a rapist and murderer at this point, I honestly just can't get into (Yaa)CKQ... Ironically because I find the main character and his antics just too viscerally unpleasant.
>>
>>5204110
I never could get a read on how many actually wants to join the dragon guard. There is a lot of talk of it but it could easily just be a few very vocal anons while the rest are more preoccupied with what's currently happening in quest.
>>
>>5205317
Staying as a Dragon Guard could've been tempting, but there's a conspiracy against House Andrei so remaining in Cathagi is out of the question. We finish the pilgrimage and return home post-haste in my opinion.
Not that we'd ever set foot in Cathagi. Emile is in permanent stasis on his boat.
>>
>>5205068
>>5205085

Well the gears in my head have begun to turn, that's for sure. Reminding me of my old fantasy setting I made for a novel writing class. But would it be just as simple as slapping "Inspired by ASOIAF" on it? Would people still be interested?
>>
>>5205321
Listen bro, even Berserk got off the boat eventually. Emile will touch grass, giving us all hope before Forgotten is murdered by a dingo or something
>>
>>5205377
A non-fanfic quest will get fewer players than a fanfic one, generally, but also fewer weirdos getting in circlejerk arguments, fewer metagamers, and fewer waifu wars.
>>
File: JPEG_20191118_235256.png (177 KB, 582x582)
177 KB
177 KB .png
>>5204444
>>5204444
>>5204444
Holy fucking shit, look at the motherfucking quads on this dude's post
Don't read your quest, I'm just appraising the mighty quads.
>>
>>5205317
It's the best option since we got told by literally everyone to get the fuck out of town for a while. People want to fight the Prince, the Nobles, the Fae, the Beastmen, the Snakemen, and the other nobles all at once. People are hopped up on our recent successes with no fucking idea of what gathering power is all about.

It's like they totally forgot what the first thread ended in.

Oh yeah, not to mention we've been asked to do so by the Queensmen who we owe a debt to, for the good of the realm.

Honestly I see it the other way around, just a few vocal anons hopped up on Muh Dragon and "Emile can do whatever he wants". Like, goddamn dude, we can't keep relying on crits. Remember the fight against the Basilisk? How we would have been bodied entirely if it weren't for Jess?

Sticking around, alienating both major factions as well as the third "hidden" "nuetral" faction, being a broke ass son of a minor noble? I mean, if that's how the votes go then fine but I don't think people are gonna get the results they're expecting.

Oh yeah and we also already know too much vis-a-vis the Church and the Sins and we have treated with the Fae and are fucking travelling with one so it's not like we can realistically expect help from that angle.

Like, the argument "We can't stay in Cathay, House Andrei needs us!" Makes no fucking sense at all. Hell, we have even more support in Cathay than we do at home from the Queensmen infiltrated there being able to help us, the Diplomat lady we escorted having connections to help us, and an invitation to join the DG from a major personage whose faction is actively seeking allies.

Going to the DG gets us a significant amount of wealth, a major boost in reputation, the favor of a major domestic faction, and avoids drawing our family as a target for the Prince's/Kingsmen faction.

For the love of god, IC I hope we can at least talk to our sisters about the plan if not our mother because ignoring the DG opportunity at the cost of burning all our political bridges is a Bad Idea.

But hey, if that's how the votes go, then Forgotten has shown that he's quite capable of writing excellent tragedy and heroes and hubris go together like 4chan and faggots.
>>
>>5205301
(Yaa)CKQ? What's that?
>>
>>5205495
(You are a) Craigslist Killer Quest.
Don't ask why the prefix is necessary.
>>
test
>>
>>5205736
Why is the prefix necessary?
>>
>>5205480
Man you got more spooked by the threat than Emille did
>>
I fucking hate Elsweyr
>>
>>5205782
Perhaps so we know that it isn't about STOPPING a Craigslist Killer?

Am I right?
>>
File: 1582573740675.jpg (17 KB, 389x389)
17 KB
17 KB .jpg
>>5205985
Stay mad.
>>
>>5205985
Stfu, Khajiit are sexy
>>
>>5205223
Maybe he had more than 1 past life idk
>>
Are there any threads up right now that are like Monke quest?
>>
I suspect that gnollqm is thepeepeepoopooman
>>
>Another Skirmish jam
>Zero quest jams
Was wondering what would happen if qm's had to make a quest from a prompt.
>>
File: Dat Knigga life.png (110 KB, 1220x50)
110 KB
110 KB .png
>>5205480
>>5205480Name

You the same anon that got dug in on the argument in the last few threads? because I think I recognise you're posts and frankly I wish I could you're tism for STV.

I think if you think anyone is going in blind to the risks they would be taking in Canton is frankly kind of arrogant, any good Knigga knows how lethal the system is and that things can spiral quite badly with bad rolls but thats the game and personally I think it makes for more fun when brushing with death and uncertainty than taking the surefire route to success and yes that might mean going against the odds and risking failure to an unfavorable degree.

To the second point on politics I don't actually think we've alienated the Queensmen, we have good terms with Sir Gilbern and the madlad knight seems to have a good opinon of us and if I recall correctly the language used with Sir Gilbern was non-commital enough to have wriggle room to not be clad to the commitment in Carthaggi should we choose to return home, conversly returning wouldn't lock us out from further cooperation.

The kingsguard we have little information on besides the extremely important stuff we gleaned from the ball in Pascae but granted their are influential players who have made clear what they may do to us should we cross them again.

I don't recall anything about a third faction but I can believe theirs one and there are plenty of uncommited players on the board like the Bluejays, maybe even the Vancewells now that Hast is dead.

The last thing to remember is Carthaggi is a world away and a long term commitment, it is almost wholly divorced from the affairs of Canton from what we know and we may very well be unlikely to leave once commited to the detriment of friends, families and the realm and we are underadvised as to any caveats it has in store for us once employed.

at the end of the day STV is about adventure and risk and the the knights code and not all of it can be forfilled safely.

As for no fucking sense plans that one Anon wanting to ride THE dragon is fucking high as a kite
>>
File: 1541680977yy706577.png (60 KB, 264x258)
60 KB
60 KB .png
Every single quest that you write on this board is controlled by a samefag. Every single quest you read is controlled by a samefag.

You waste hours of your life making a curated story for the worst person reading your quest.

You waste hours reading a quest where your story is guided by the biggest asshole in the thread.

Pretending this is not true is the only thing that keeps this board alive. Aggressively attacking anyone who speaks this truth is the only thing that keeps this board alive. Not for much longer though, every year it gets smaller and smaller. The sooner its gone the better, then it will no longer trap good writers and good players. They will easily find a home elsewhere.

tic toc
>>
>>5205985
>>5206100
What even are you two talking about?
>>
>>5206135
>They will easily find a home elsewhere.
Yeah, where's that?
>>
>>5206134
DG would take less time than it does to go away to school and get a degree.

Sir Gilbern might like us, but he sure AF ain't gonna stick his neck out for us if we refuse to help the Queensmen, and by extension our Nation, in Cathay.

As for the Prince, he told us to disappear and DG is just the easiest and most profitable way to do so, gaining us wealth, status, and allies in Court. Because when you ask a Prince "You and what army?" They actually have one. Not to mention they could just cut our home off financially, pressure our neighbours, and ruin our reputation.

The third faction is the "Neutral" lords headed by that one Archduke I think? With the Pegasus on the border.

Anyways, my main complaint is that nobody, including you, proposes any other plan besides the DG just "Go home and maybe hit shit" with the excuse that our family needs us, despite the fact that we're the ones bringing danger there. It's so fucking retarded.

At least try to think of a way to start a crusade against the Deadmen, or join the Neutrals and fight the snakemen using our Horsetrader contacts or SOMETHING.
>>
>>5206149
>>5206134
Oh, and DG is really the only reasonable way to follow through with the Sons of Sin right now.
>>
>>5206149
A lot changes in a year let alone three, I don't think you have the right to claim what sir Gilbern would or wouldn't do since we've spent a total of two moments with the man and only one was with confidence in who we are and what we value, anyway the DG sure has access to wealth and status but those are both connected to loyally serving and sticking too the three year term and both are struck out if we leave early and we can't say for certain our status or allies would readily transplant themselves back to Canton readily or easily.

The prince did tell us to bugger off but beyond where he basically didn't care and his understanding of our goals led to an assumption if intimidated it would be far far away, their is no metric to weither he'd make good on it and he has bigger fish to fry than one meddling Knigga who got in over his head and walked into a situation where he could be easily put on his ass.

Sure the potential for a difficult spot is their but moving mountains for one unlanded insignificant dude is inordinante and probably even unecessary to his mind

my current theory is the Duke of Montbrune is aligned to the kingmen and is close to losing his title to the Vancewells who I believes have the Pegasus as their coat of Arms and in an attempt to dig for gold or something to generate wealth uncovered a Sin in Montbrune which lead the Kingsmen to the Fallavon ruins

you have a good point though in that their has been little proposals as to a planned alternative, personally I'd like to pursue Vancewell as a Wife since her status as heir is enough to net the attention of a Duke and her house certainly has the powerbase to back it up if her ambition is to be believed, we'd also be in a good position to build things up with the Rabes and maybe even getting involved with the Snakemen storm that seems to be brewing Though I suspect we might have to play a little dirty to get Rabe onside

>>5206151
I believe that was conjecture
>>
File: superlative laugh.jpg (179 KB, 517x768)
179 KB
179 KB .jpg
>>5206135
>defeatist acrimony
>chad talk

Pick one, you obvious Virgin
>>
>>5206112
The closest is probably Kobold Swamp Survival Civ

>>5206138
One is referencing a famous/infamous QM, another the region of Elder Scrolls-lqnd of the same name.
>>
>>5206135
>Virgin
Feeling bummed about a quest not going the way you wanted and coming to QTG to attempt to anonymously demoralize the people who are still having fun, while self-describing as Chad

>Chad
Enjoying the ride for what it is, and doing your best to write a good quest, or have worthwhile discussions around the quests you play, without getting hung-up about meta nonsense

>Gigachad
Compiling/archiving quests you like, drawing or commissioning fanart, sharing them around to friends who might be interested in the medium, and thus keeping the community and hobby alive.

>Negachad, the dark inverse of Chad who is still chadlier than this anon, because at least they're doing something instead of just whining about their own helplessnes
Samefag harder, so every good writer here is curating a story just for you
>>
File: Spoiler Image (4898 KB, 498x278)
4898 KB
4898 KB .gif
>>5206406
>>5206409
>>5206412
>>5206415
>>5206417
>>5206421
The basement waifu wars begin? Or is it just the beginning of a killing spree? If you ever wanted to be a sexually deviant Craigslist Killer, this is probably the quest for you, that or Lego Quest. Just kidding. Not just kidding.

>>5199735
Paper Mario TURBO!! is a fast-paced turn-based RPG-like game with lots of combat dice rolling and goofy spins on the Mario universe. Come play along as Bowser as he trounces goons and goodie-two-shoes alike in pursuit of the Star Spirits, which have the power to grant any wish.
>>
>>5206157
I'm a simple man, Vancewell is hot but I want to restore Daubeny's smile. What a conflicted nigga to do?
>>
>>5206629
Marry Vancewell, arrange a good man for Daubs.
>>
File: 1647913695702.png (588 KB, 1816x856)
588 KB
588 KB .png
Anons! I have two most glorious announcements!

Announcement the first: Supreme Space Monke Ruler is BACK!
>>5207193

Announcement the second: Reptilian Infiltrator Quest is on its FINAL THREAD! If you want to read up and join for The Infiltrator's last hurrah and the fruition of her dark destiny, now's the time.
>>5207193
>>
>>5207225
You really cranked that last thread out (didn't have time to read most of it but saw the post count blowing up). Do you have any plans for a new quest afterward? In a similar style or otherwise?
>>
Or maybe I'm stuck in a time loop, has it really been a month already? Oh god I need to stop questing and accomplish more shit IRL >>5207331
>>
>>5207225
I would play a new quest if you started it. I'm not going to play your ongoing one since it's 12 threads long, but I'll play your new one.
>>
>>5206157
Remember we're not just some unlanded Knigga now. For better or worse, porberly mostly worse, we are the focus and minor saint/prophet to a small but very fanatic sect of pilgrims and some Pasceans to it would seem after the impromptu prayer circle on the steps of the cathedral. Honestly it's not entirely out of the question for Emil to start a crusade or just get bodied by the established church for upsetting status quo.
>>
File: 1641648476021.webm (2201 KB, 1000x1250)
2201 KB
2201 KB .webm
>>5202002
>My stars! A tiny portion of the literally countless hours of 100% free entertainment provided by selfless anons who pour their heart and soul into their work isn't exactly to my liking!
Poor you.
Just to be clear, no, I'm not saying you should shut up and enjoy whatever QMs decide to throw at you just because it's free. Nor am I saying that you can't criticize a quest or a QM, for that matter. What I'm saying is that a QM's playstyle, which is what seemingly got you all riled up in your post, has absolutely no bearing on whether they're "professional" or not. I'll take a 4th-wall-breaking QM that likes to goof around but manages to stick to a schedule and stay consistent with their updates throughout the duration of their quest over some epic faggot QM running an epic muh realisms quest in an epic grimdark land with epic consequences in an era of epic epicness but flakes halfway into the first thread any day.
Also, you should probably define "meta shit" and provide some examples of those horrible QMs that have wronged you in the past and whose work has offended you so, just so we can have a better picture of what's going on here. Otherwise it just sounds like you're bitching.
>>
>>5207331
Do you have any plans for a new quest afterward?
A few ideas, yeah.

One would be a direct successor to RIQ with a new protagonist, either a human adventurer battling Reptoid conspiracies or [REDACTED FOR POSSIBLE SPOILERS]

Another would be a direct successor to my last quest: Amican Loyalist Quest. It was a Civquest, but I'd probably do something more personal, with a smaller faction and an emphasis on the leader's characterization, based on feedback from the first attempt and how much more successful RIQ was.

I was also toying with other sorts of attempts at a lite Civquest, possibly involving:

A goblinoid bandit crew

An outcast clan of elves

Golems activated after a long period of dormancy in a desert waste

Lastly, I was considering running a God Game-inspired multiplayer worldbuilding/divine skirmish kind of game, but I'm not sure I have the time, to be completely desu. I might consider rolling some aspect of that into [REDACTED] though...

> In a similar style or otherwise?
I'd probably use some variant on the stat and rolling system from RIQ. It seems to be popular, and it works well for my writing process.
>>
>>5206157
I mean, allies come and allies go we all have our own lives.

Personally, I just don't see how we're going to get enough money to pay for a Crusade other than the DG. I would love to lead one i to the Deadlands though, since those are far and away the biggest threat to our home and family.

The issue is that crusades cost money, and gathering up people to crusade costs money. I don't want to lead a Peasant crusade where most of them die, or have the Church declare us a Heretic either for the Prince or because our involvement with the SoS. Political allies will help majorly with that.

Not to mention shacking up with Vancewell, she comes off as a stone cold fox who will put her goals and her duty to her family above throwing it all away for some charming and noble but unforgivably weak position Knigga.

But I digress. My second suggestion of we reject DG is to go east and fight the Snakemen, try to get a bunch of Stallions, and use them as the initial hiring fee for dispossessed Kniggas so that we can go crusade against Deadmen and make our home territory more stable. Ideally we could maybe promise the dispossessed Knights land from our gains as a long term payment, but that would require the consent of the Courts and we seem to be washing our hands or outright antagonizing any relationships with all the ruling factions. That's a much later bridge to cross though, so it's more something to keep in mind than to freak out about right away.

Probably take much longer than the DG honestly, and we wouldn't have nearly the amount of support from local organizations and contacts we've already established, and we would probably make less wealth but there's an outside chance we could actually get more money.
>>
You guys ever syop overthinking shit, hot damn
>>
>>5207758
t. brainlet
>>
t. pee pee poo poo chad
>>
>>5207758
t. pee pee poo poo chad
>>
>>5207682
Juss wanna say I responded to your post in the last bread.
Casting my vote for RIQ successor, as long as it doesn't get a goodfag protagonist, btw.
>>
>>5207841
Only as good or as evil as people vote to play him, if I do it.
>>
>>5207682
A god game would be sick, the last one ran here was kino (with exception of some autistic rules and siege mechanics) and probably one of the fastest moving quests on here in a while. Shame QM flaked that one.
>>
>>5207850
is ismena technically the same?
>>
>>5207866
Yes. She isn't even especially evil compared to most of her mother's race, and by their standards she is actually a model citizen despite her human depravities.
>>
>>5207682
I like goblins
>>
>>5207873
True, but she's far from, say... Herald of Conquest. That's the kind of good-doery I'm afraid of.
>>
>>5207897
I'm not against running a quest with a more traditionally-heroic MC, but if people vote for another villain quest in practice, I'm not bothered.
>>
>QM question
>What was a time/s where your players surprised you with the action they decided to vote for? Whether good or bad.
I have a bad memory so I can’t remember. Usually all Write-Ins are this kind.

>General question
>Any story's going to have important events that, had they gone different, everything down the line would have changed. Is there a particularly interesting alternative route you can imagine a quest you run or play having taken that won't be seen?
If the players had accepted Pietra to join them on their adventure, some things would’ve went different. The first choice of a masterpiece and the material, of course, would’ve went very differently too.
>>
I want to run some kind of small tactics/battle quest. I do not know where or when to set it. Could be fun to do a Chaos Champion quest based on the tactics of a small army on a raid into the south, or a Mexican Revolution style 1910s guerilla campaign, or a more standard fantasy deal. What do we reckon, /qst/?
>>
>>5208186
Ww1 trench warfare
>>
>>5208186
Mexican revolution sounds pinche basado amigo. Sixguns and horses. Fuck yeah.
>>
> Phosphorus QM Question
> What sites do you use to help with your writing?

> https://nightride.fm for music
> www.wordhippo.com for synonyms
> https://describingwords.io for adjectives
>>
>>5208232
Going Villista-mode in the backwoods of a small state and building up to taking a city would be great fun, yeah. Debating between having it be the actual Mexican Revolution or the !NOT!Mexican Revolution to save on research and me not knowing any fuckin' spanish.
>>
>>5208252
wordhippo is based
>>
>>5201122

I’ve been a fan of Boshin War for years, and I’ve always wondered what would’ve happened if we had chosen to defect and rebel against the Shogunate. Would’ve been the more interesting route in my opinion, operating under the information available when the decision was made.

It’s a small thing, but I remember having a covert exchange go down at a carnival. I suggested a few games / amusements to kill time until your contact showed up. For fun, and to blend with the crowd. I wasn’t anticipating the anons to purposefully win a stuffed animal so that they could head to the restroom, cut it open, and stuff the package inside. Thought it was neat.

>Any story's going to have important events that, had they gone different, everything down the line would have changed. Is there a particularly interesting alternative route you can imagine a quest you run or play having taken that won't be seen?
I was actually intending for my quest to just be from the perspective of a powerless mook, mostly because I thought it’d be neat to try something different. Anons ended up critting during the first mission, and bonded to an ancient magical artifact which radically shifted my plans for the rest of the quest.

>Is there a character you hate in any quest you follow? Regardless of what the actual player character's IC opinion of them is.
I’m not quite sure I understand the question, but I’ll take a crack at it. If it’s a character I dislike personally, it’d have to be the mother in Enclave Remnant quest. Just rubs me the wrong way.

>Is there anything that you want to ask of your QMs to do more of? Whether or not you've actually brought it up in the threads, as you really ought to.
I can probably answer on behalf of the anons. “Finish the goddamn interlude already.” It’ll come, just been harder than I’d like to get it hammered into a shape I’m happy with.

Haven’t had much time for quests other than my own, unfortunately. I have tried to keep up-to-date with Enclave Remnant though. I have no proof to support my claims, but I was the anon that came up with Ford’s full name. Truly a proud day for me.
>>
>>5208600
I don't blame you for disliking her, she's not an easy character to write, especially difficult to do so in a way that doesn't make her come off as a strawman.

And it is a glorious name suffused with the most absurd Americana.
>>
File: intro shot.jpg (136 KB, 800x600)
136 KB
136 KB .jpg
A new episode of Lego Quest is up if anybody wants to come play!

>>5208922
>>
>>5204429
Vladimir Putin Quest - try to unfuck the situation he’s in
>>
>>5205480
I honestly love the religious angle we’ve got going on with the visions

We legit may cause a religious schism within the Kingdom if we start preaching and gaining adherents
>>
>>5207510
That is true we have devloped something of a nascent cult during our Pilgrimage and particularly in Pascae and more than a few seem willing to take up arms due to our Influence or the Fathers proselytising but I believe our classification as a minor Saint eludes us for now since the hearing didn't confirm us as such yet. No matter what our personal shoulder Angel says

>>5207733
We have methods of generating capital such as Carvans and fighting batles, hell maybe even things we haven't learned about yet, the DG generates a lot on completion and only a little for the trial which has me suspicioius of its contents.

>have the Church declare us a Heretic either for the Prince or because our involvement with the SoS.
The church and Prince aren't aligned in the slightest from what we know, if anything the church is his biggest opponent since they basically run the biggest running opponent he has, to that end any heresy charges are going to be from the church itself or maybe some bullshit machivellian intrigue.

As for Vancewell well yes she's a cold fox but our biggest exhibit of further characterisation got shit upon badly. She doesn't seem to have a particular allegiance to her family outside of her own ambition which we know is considerable, granted I would agree we got to her with a solid game plan of how to marry her be it killing her father while he still lacks a male heir or Uncovering some dirt that legitimises him as a Villian.

That second suggestion is pretty amazing I'm kinda envious of it, Emille has done that shit before with Sir Dan so he's not out of the ballpark when it comes to thinking of that.

>Probably take much longer than the DG honestly
I don't know besides the wealth needed, those opportunities seem present in the coming future
>>
File: Untitled.png (48 KB, 377x624)
48 KB
48 KB .png
>>5208988
Anon, the situation is fine for him. He's a rich, well-connected old man. He won't really see the consequences even if it fails -- he'd be assassinated and replaced, sparing him irrelevance and physical/mental decline. Alternatively, he'll achieve some measure of success and be lauded by his nation as the man who revived Russia's superpower status. Either way, he will be written of in history books forever.

Russia may lose, but Putin has already won.

Long live Ukraine
>>
File: feelsani.jpg (2227 KB, 2000x1091)
2227 KB
2227 KB .jpg
>wee/a/boo
>/b/tard
>/co/mrade
>/fit/izen
>/mu/tant
>/pol/lack
>fa/tg/uy
>/v/irgin

How come we have to get fucking /qst/ as the board name? I want to have a cool demonym too goddammit.
>>
>>5209115
Because very few words contain "qst" or "quest". /qst/rist is the only thing which comes to mind.

Also, because nobody cares about this board except us.
>>
File: ;uigiegadd.gif (252 KB, 955x575)
252 KB
252 KB .gif
How are we doing today, fellow tra/qst/ars?
>>
>>5209191
Hmm, I don't love it...
>>
>>5209115
Technically speaking, as already do. Quester, or /qst/er in this case, to refer to anyone who plays quests. Probably not what you're looking for but it's the closest thing I can think of.
>>
File: qst.png (555 KB, 688x387)
555 KB
555 KB .png
>>5209192
tri/qst/er
>>
>>5209193
gay
>>5209244
better
>>
>>5209244
Ah, yes. He who runs 3 quests at once. The ultimate Quest Master.
>>
>>5209244
Ah, yes. He who runs 3 quests at once. The ultimate samefag.
>>
>>5205753
>>5204381
>>5205753

just his me that this asshole's probably checking if his ID changed before samefagging
>>
>>5209430
no I was trying to roll a dice
>>
>>5209430
One of those was me on mobile, trying to see if I was still getting ban-blocked on the nearest public wifi.
>>
Hey guys digital goddess is back it'd be awesome to see you guys!

https://boards.4channel.org/qst/thread/5206601#bottom
>>
>>5209115
con/qst/ador
>>
File: yes (2).png (131 KB, 500x324)
131 KB
131 KB .png
>>5209842
This is the one!
>>
>>5209855
Why'd you post a tranny?
>>
>>5209842

support
>>
>>5209871
Seems pretty appropriate for /qst/.
>>
File: 1403245418442.jpg (30 KB, 593x612)
30 KB
30 KB .jpg
>>5209897
This is the board for roleplaying and self-insertion, certainly.
>>
>>5209842
Underrated
>>
File: historic agreement.png (404 KB, 592x473)
404 KB
404 KB .png
>>5209910
>>
Greetings fellow Daoists, Heretic Cultivator quest has updated. >>5210030 In which the demon cat Huanliuxue watches an overconfident Magical wolf get wrecked by some martial artists

Figured I'd post about it here, since I hadn't posted an update in like two days, and might've lead some players to think I flaked like some prideful young master
>>
>>5210039
I'm a Christian
>>
>>5210040
Disgusting. Filth like you make me want to vomit
>>
>>5210147
You think that filth is disgusting? My dog eats your vomit for breakfast and woofs, "thank you sir, may I please have another?"
>>
>>5210040
>>5210166
this is what akun does to a motherfucker
>>
>>5210337
never been there, i'm strictly a cunniling/qst/
>>
>>5187631

After three or so days of surviving the slings and arrows of the US Highway system, OP is back at home and has updated Spymaster Anti Isekai. Sorry for the delay to all players and lurkers. I am kneeling in respect.
>>
Known Discord Tranny's and why I hate them:

>Waifu
>>Loli-fag
>Katahackic
>>Woman
>Fuckwit
>>Wehraboo
>Elsweyr
>>Attempted to rape his sister
>Boat
>>Zoomer and gay
>Waifu
>>Killed his wife
>EEEAUGH
>>Australian or something. Idk. He's just a huge fag
>Rivers
>>Pedophile
>Nero
>>Fag
>Waifu
>>Tranny fag. Fuck this guy
>>
>>5210876
>JgNRptHc
>>uses discord
you're just as bad
>>
>>5210876
where am I
>>
>>5210894
Tranny crawled out the woodwork right here
>>
File: mfw (10).png (16 KB, 140x140)
16 KB
16 KB .png
>>5210876
Do any of these people even have active quests?
>>
>>5210922
Two of them, yeah.
>>
I have pretty much never been sure if the /qst/ discord exists or if it's just a thing to fuck with qms people don't like. Don't use Discord, or any chat apps, so no idea.
>>
I’m too slow for Akun since being Live tells everyone I’m on the quest and I write too slowly for it
But I don’t see the numbers go up as fast here on /qst/
>>
>>5211084
Try a forum like Spacebattles or Sufficient Velocity if your quest is SFW, Questionable Questing if NSFW. You can get decent numbers (20+ votes) in all 3 places provided you have good content.
>>
Bros, someone, please bring Wong back

I miss Swamp Lord Quest so much...
>>
>>5211017
elsweyr didn't strike me as as a troon in my minimal contact with him
who's the other one
>>
>>5211498
elsweyr is a human trainwreck, but the train was full of molesters and would be human traffickers.
>>
File: desire to know more.gif (940 KB, 627x502)
940 KB
940 KB .gif
>>5211658
>molesters
>>
>>5211661
I'm guessing this can be summed up by.
>Discord
>>
>>5211498
I'm 95% sure Kata is a troon
>>
why is namefaggotry even allowed for non-qms in collectively-pleyed quests

it brings my piss to a fucking boil every time
>>
>>5211877
It's "allowed" everywhere on the site, to be fair. Personally I wouldn't want anyone who's not an artfag or something to do it but I literally cannot stop them if they do.
>>
Why is /qst/ such absolute dogshit these days?
>>
>>5211748
She's certainly got the mental imbalance of one. That's for sure.
>>
>>5211932
I'm enjoying a great number of quests at present, myself.
>>
File: CUTIE G.png (950 KB, 1000x1000)
950 KB
950 KB .png
>>5211932
>>
>>5211981
What cuck shit was this originally?
>>
>>5212049
rockchuck
>>
>>5212049
Stonetoss believes, or pretends to believe, in celibacy until marriage. In the original comic,a woman and a man both consent to sex, but her hypothetical future dream-husbando would only marry her as a virgin, and by having sex she has doomed herself to not have a satisfying marriage with him.
>>
>>5211877
Cry more bitch
>>
>>5212094
Lol you can really tell when a guy ain't getting any.
>>
>>5211748
>literal discord trannies
lol this explains a lot of stuff
>>
File: 1648633028861.jpg (108 KB, 500x500)
108 KB
108 KB .jpg
Oh lawd, Monke Quest is fucking filled with pseudointellectuals flinging shit at each other.
>>
File: 1631144376384.jpg (33 KB, 386x499)
33 KB
33 KB .jpg
>>5212321
It's literally just people who have the patience to fully read a post, take a moment to consider what's being written between the lines (usually this is signaled reasonably loudly by the QM) and maybe look at the posted pic for clues versus a bunch of actually mentally retarded man-children whose reading comprehension feels as though they'd consider watching a 6-minute video on JewTube without taking a break a grand feat of concentration.
>>
>>5212325
I didn't read the monkey thread before this one. I just vote for whoever makes the longest paragraph.
>>
File: 1643216477341.jpg (117 KB, 1080x1320)
117 KB
117 KB .jpg
>>5212327
You joke, but narcissists like that are the least self-aware and can go further than anyone out into retard territory without being checked. Nothing life throws at them registers as being applicable criticism for them.

Some fuckwit who skimmed update after update but wrote a 1500-character post based on nothing but his worthless fancy will probably read this and think, "surely he means those other people who write long posts, not me".

Anyway, here's a moderately amusing picture for giving me the excuse to shit up the general with my own brand of autism. Thanks.
>>
File: Spoiler Image (2 KB, 125x125)
2 KB
2 KB .jpg
>>5212321
I guess you coud say that we chimped out
>>
>faggot spills over argument into /qst/
We need to make a bingo
>>
>>5211317
Support, I miss Wong too...
>>
>>5208999
>Alternatively, he'll achieve some measure of success and be lauded by his nation as the man who revived Russia's superpower status.

That's some funny shit anon.
>>
GOOD NEWS EVERYONE (or at least good news for the anons interested in my quests)

>>5212382
>>5212382
>>5212382

Man, I legitimately love to see these long discussions about where anons think the quest might go. You guys are MVP questers, right up there with Meme Shaman, Mapbro and the drawfags.
>>
>>5212321
I don't remember previous threads having as many shrill anons scolding and namecalling whenever someone votes wrong (or "wrong")... But whatever, it's 4chan.
>>
File: GnollQuest9When.png (45 KB, 260x180)
45 KB
45 KB .png
Is there a GnollQM lurking around here?
>>
File: 1648646589586.jpg (3861 KB, 3000x2613)
3861 KB
3861 KB .jpg
>>5212325
>>5212330
Please pick up the shit you dropped and take it back to your thread, Mr. Einstein.
>>
>>5212321
Maybe there wouldn't be flinging if idiots didn't just vote for the first fucking half-detailed option without thinking

We've literally got every decision wrong on that thread as of bow except ONE, which we followed by ruining by voting for the stupidest choice available despite all the people detailedly explaining why it was a bad idea
>>
>>5212474
you said "as of bow" instead of "as of now" so you're wrong
>>
>>5212396
I WANT TO CUM INSIDE RUBY!
>>
File: 1648664759323.jpg (432 KB, 1300x867)
432 KB
432 KB .jpg
>>5212474
>the mere existence of idiots in Supreme Space Monke Ruler Quest is enough to make him rant in whole paragraphs like an autistic manchild
ngmi
>>
File: Primodial Soup.jpg (122 KB, 1200x675)
122 KB
122 KB .jpg
Do you want to fight for your very existence and the fate of the universe? Do you want to know the power of godhood and the taste of victory? Then primordial multiplayer god quest is for you.

Join now
>>5212663
>>
>>5212700
Didn't this die last time?
>>
>>5212721
Yea the QM who brought the idea here let it die. This is a spiritual successor and I'm gonna attempt to fix the issues that led to its downfall.
>>
>>5212700
>>5212740
I'm excited, although 2 hours may be too short of a wait time for players to filter in.
>>
>>5212743
Yea that makes sense. Got wait for people to get done with work. I think I'll extend the wait time to 3 hours from now.
>>
>>5212325
>JewTube
Fuck off
>>
>>5212474
Maybe you should go play a single-player video game. Multiplayer quests are clearly not your speed if you can't handle losing a vote.
>>
You done your part?
>>
>>5212396
I am 90% sure that thepeepeepoopooman is gnollqm
>>
>>5212700
Very based. I started to break the combat system in the last QM's version of the game sort of a accidentally. +4's being added to a combat role because of plagues was fucking nuts.
>>
>>5212774
Fuck man, remember Headmaster and his fetish bait never fail quests? "Saving" crits breaks games it turns out. Boring AF erotic roleplay in the end.

People seemed to enjoy it though so what can ya do.
>>
>>5212338
/qtg/ bingo

>spillover arguments from (insert quest here)
>missing Wong
>dissing discord
>general faggotry (free space)
>reminiscing about past quests
>shittalking about past quests
>coming up with quest ideas and not running it
>legit criticism on a quest

What else?
>>
>>5213202
Unnecessary namefaggotry.
>>
>>5213202
Don't know what to call it but the general autistic lamenting of QST's numbers/activity every thread

Yeah, we know it's low you're not a fucking genius for going

"QST is dying guys... The future is Spacebattles" or whatever the fuck

I see these autistic "le end times" talks every general, they're basically right, but who gives a shit lmao, it's every thread.
>>
File: Spoiler Image (9 KB, 269x187)
9 KB
9 KB .jpg
>>5213210
Agreed, I hate that.
>>
File: 2018.png (3412 KB, 1290x3516)
3412 KB
3412 KB .png
Does anyone know what happened to the guy keeping the timeline? Last update was 2019.
>>
>>5213217
That's the free square in the middle
>>
>>5213301
I assume he just got bored and stopped making it, honestly. Someone should pick it up themselves if they want it continued.
>>
>>5213217
Yeah I'm also sick of that, there's plenty of great and fun quests being made and actively updated all the time on here, but because we're not in the top ten most popular boards anons act like we're completely dead. There's more than enough good quests and players for me at least.
>>
>>5213217
The unsightly truth is that Quests and such are inherently niche and hopping ship to another questing platform won't solve anything beyond the domain of the placebo effect.
The most people know about Quests in general is probably Rubyquest, and even then they likely only heard of it sparingly, never taking the time to read it. The only way to get to the level of activity that people want is to prod the outer internet zeitgeist. I said this half-ironically before, but yes. one method of "prodding the zeitgeist" includes making a fucking friday night funkin' mod.
>>
>>5213217
Qst isn't dying, it's stagnating. It'll still be here but it won't get any bigger or popular
>>
>>5213414
That's fine. Eternal exponential growth isn't the be-qll and end-all.
>>
>>5213403
Quests aren't inherently niche. Homestuck made millions
>>
>>5213417
Homestuck wasn't a quest beyond like the first two acts, and then it turned into a multimedia webcomic.
>>
>>5213416
Growth matters if you want to make money. QMs from more popular websites make more money on average
>>
>>5213426
It still started as a quest and the biggest success story for this medium
>>
So I've been working on a facility management drawquest (one of those management type quests where you start out with one room and gradually make more money and expand.) on and off for a couple months.

How the fuck do i balance an economy out or handle payouts so players don't automatically fuck the system? The only thing i have to go off of is the last facility management drawquest guy's numbers/economy but I can't shamelessly rip it because I've got different systems and things in place that would fuck the balancing
>>
>>5213443
Adjust on the go I guess, I don't think most players here are giant number autists who will get pissed if you nerf something overpowered. This isn't spacebattles
>>
File: Alba.png (541 KB, 1557x600)
541 KB
541 KB .png
>>5213426
There is a want of the medium.
>>
>>5213443
Work it out as you go. Don’t be afraid to make things more balanced to suit the need of the quest.
>>
File: LaeffyREEEEEEEEEE.jpg (30 KB, 415x354)
30 KB
30 KB .jpg
>Next thread should be coming out by the end of March / start of April. Hopefully this hiatus isn't too jarring.
Where are you GnollQM?
>>
>>5213474
> Posts a fucking book
>>
>>5213431
Making money isn't the be-all/end-all. My quest hasn't made me a dime. It's actually COST me money, commissioning art for it.
>>
>>5213506
And we love you for it. Hell, if you're Bathic I'd toss you some coin
>>
>>5213495
A CYOA book, a quest which has been pre written.
>>
>>5213522
That person is not Bathic I've hardly commissioned anything, it's mostly art trades, but I do agree with the sentiment and that's very sweet of you to say. That being said, all you need to do to show your appreciation is to engage actively in the quest, which I promise will warm my heart way more than a few bucks ever could.
>>
>>5213474
If you are a decent writer you can make over 100k per year writing quests and commissions
>>
>>5213544
>If you are a decent writer and very lucky you can make over 100k per year writing smut quests and commissions
Fixed your typos.
>>
File: 4chan post meme.png (6 KB, 1121x121)
6 KB
6 KB .png
I would like to deeply apologize for creating a Quest that causes so much uncontrollable autism. So much so that people posted about it here- even my own thread wasn't enough to contain the autism.

I didn't really want to encourage it by talking about it, except one request to stop the arguing, However, this post did make me kek,so I appreciate whoever wrote it.
>>
>>5213529
That's not a quest, it's a fucking book. Red, Green, or Blue ending?
>>
>>5213549
So long as you don't apologize to the fictional character of Futoshi.
>>
>>5213545
Luck is for losers
>>
>>5213550
Brainlet detected
>>
>>5213578
Autist detected
>>
File: 1632801960105.jpg (57 KB, 500x333)
57 KB
57 KB .jpg
>>5213578
>>5213580
>>
>>5213549
I think autism goes hand in hand with a great quest. Passionate anons tend to also be the most autistic. If you want to stop the sperging though, I recommend you tell them to cut that shit out, alright?
>>
File: 16.webm (860 KB, 480x480)
860 KB
860 KB .webm
>>5213583
>>
>>5213587
Some of the best experiences in quests are where people dive into autistic minutiae, theories and elaborate planning because they are invested and passionate in the quest. It becomes sperging when they can't agree and start bickering over whose autism is correct.
>>
>>5213664
But there was only like a single autist shitting on anons who didn't have the autism and dared to vote like normal people. Something like that.
>>
>>5213550
Many QMs would be very good CYOA writers. Then again, CYOA books are a niche genre as well.
>>
>>5213301
I'm still around, I paused updating the timeline because the monthly updates weren't really worth it at the time, I don't remember if it was a slow month at the time or something and decided to focus on working on running my own quest and go for an update to the timeline every 3 to 6 months but you know real life happens. I don't mind getting back to work on it now that I know there is an interest.
>>
>>5213684
And what does this have to do with using the fact that kickstartards backed a CYOA book as an argument for people wanting to participate in an online voting session that gives them a few paragraphs of story every x hours?
>Many QMs would be very good CYOA writers.
Someone correct me if I'm wrong here, but I don't think being a QM requires you to think about all the potential choices and branching narratives you're juggling for 30+ chapters.
>>
>>5213522
ReptoidQM, and I'd rather not. Payment created the expectation of professionalism, and I prefer this as a hobby instead of a job.
>>
>>5213676
In fairness, while that one obnoxious anon posting paragraphs upon paragraphs of seethe about people "sabotaging" the quest by "voting wring" and accusing them of being closet Hitlerites is the ROOT of the problem, but the other anon matching his energy with point-by-point rebuttals all day is exacerbating it.

As with Hostile Anon from Royal Rumble, it is best just to stop engaging.
>>
vaginal belch quest
>>
>>5213684
>>5213722
I used to LOVE writing CYOAs. I never liked the direction they evolved into- having like 4+ pages of options and costs/lore dumps is just too much investment for one picture. Or you can just look at Jumpchain autism. One of the (many) reasons I just had to stop browsing /tg/ after over a decade of regular use.
>>
>>5213789
It'd be the best if QM was aware he can just drop a blogpost explaining to the autist how the quest actually works and stating his thoughts on the matter so they both stop producing triple the content he does.
>>
>>5213664
Oh, I'm just talking in general here. Autism is great in moderation and good faith. Sperging is neither.
>>
>>5213578
How fucking dumb do you have to be to show people a book and claim it's a quest.

Like. I want my/our narrative and ending, not a bunch of variations on a central theme with all the decisions premade and endings already written.

Fucks sake what is wrong with you.
>>
>>5213506
>>5213784
The arts are very appreciated, RQM!
>>
>>5213926
Just comparing them. Both let you choose a option. Yes it's not a one to one comparison but it's an apt simile.
>>
>>5201122
>>Bonus General question
Sunset Crusaders
Enclave Remnant
Local Lord
Star Wars Remnant Captain
Collapse(if it ever comes back)
Sabre and Musket(iirc and if it comes back)
And recently Tejanan Revolutionary Warlord
>>
File: 1551330657949.gif (1584 KB, 647x534)
1584 KB
1584 KB .gif
>>5213417
>homestuck
>quest
in your fucking dreams lol
>>
>>5214068
is this an nft
>>
>>5214088
no, it's a donu
>>
>>5214068
it's an artistic depiction of how your mom's vagina feels at the prospect of meeting my cock again
>>
>>5214092
fuck, I ruined my unquestionably sick burn by replying to the wrong anon
>>
File: 1633553398114.jpg (18 KB, 473x574)
18 KB
18 KB .jpg
>>5214092
>>5214095
That's not how a vagina looks like. I think you accidentally took anon's dad anally.
>>
>>5213789
If I remember correctly, Hostile Anon still derailed the quest at the end, albeit more amusingly and with less essay sperging.

>>5214052
Sunset Crusaders or Sun Belt Crusaders?
>>
>>5214138
>Sun Belt Crusaders
Yea, right
>>
>>5214138
>Hostile Anon still derailed the quest at the end
At the time I blamed Hostile Anon, but since then I have come to learn, and to have it proven to me, that the QM is just a bit of a serial flake.
>>
>>5214346
And Hostile Anon played my quest, thinking they are the QM's pet. I wish the faggot kts.
>>
>>5214392
How do you know it's the same anon?

I won't ask you what quest, for fear of damning it to his wrath.
>>
>>5214346
Unfortunate but true. It's quite a shame, it was a good quest.
>>
>>5214416
I am really afraid of showing off my quest here, actually, regardless if they do wrath me or not. But I know its the same anon because the image (along with its filename) posted is also on my archives.

https://archived.moe/qst/thread/4848178/#q4900645

They go by the name of "Ace" btw. And their grammar and style is similar to what I seen.
>>
>>5214439
It may well be the same person, but both that image and the file name are popular enough memes.
>>
>>5214439
Thank you for that reminder, reading that again reminds me of the good old days of Hostile Anon grumbling and biting anon’s heads off for no reason. That shit was a riot.

Sorry to hear that Hostile Anon’s troubling you though, I wish you the best in your quest mate.
>>
>>5214447
No, I am certain it is the same person. This person also posted this on the same thread:
https://archived.moe/qst/thread/4848178/#q4901468
Which they used a similar image on one of my archives, along with the same antics and shit.
>>5214448
Eh, nobody can cause trouble on my quest anyway, as cheating is very easy for me to catch (considering the type of quest I have going).
>>
>>5214346
You know what the scary thing is? If he brought back Royal Rumble, I’d probably give him a second chance. There was some real magic going on there before the flake, shame to see such potential wasted.

>>5214452
Well, good on you mate. I wish you and your quest the best.
>>
>>5214459
Thanks. I wish more people would join though...
>>
>>5213926
>I want my/our narrative and ending
That's not how quests work you retarded pigfucker
>>
>>5214463
It sort of is. In many quests, the ending is not a prewritten choice from a select set, but something bespoke, created (or at least dressed up in) write-ins and other customizations made by the players.
>>
>>5201122

Anyone understand how the new April Fool's thing works (the emote bar in 'options')?
>>
Back in my day, we would just draw our own emotes using text and unicode.
>>
what are some quests where you make stonks?
>>
Dunno. Where's a quest where someone cries a lot?
>>
>>5214492
👌 Boomer
>>
>tfw you didn't prepare an epic April Fools joke for Space Monke Quest 😟
>>
>>5214494
what is the most intellectually stimulating quest?🤔
>>
>>5214516
Space Monke has to be up there.
>>
>>5214527
Yeah it launched multi post debate on nihilism and religion
>>
>>5214516
Sun Belt Crusaders. The delve into theology is fascinating.
>>
>>5214463
I pity people who interact with you, it must be a trial to have you in their lives.
>>
>>5214516
Stephen Hawking, Bill Gates, Anthony Fauci and Steven Seagal all read Paper Mario TURBO 🤖
>>
File: Sex magic.png (669 KB, 445x780)
669 KB
669 KB .png
>>5214489
Click on it, it tells you everything :eyeroll:. And click on emotes.
>>
>>5214471
If you want your own narrative, write in your own story. That's now how quests work
>>
>>5214536
I pity the pigs you raped you slack jawed inbred hillbilly
>>
I'd do some funny haha April Fools thing for my quest but that gimmick would by requirement have to last more than a day and the only thing worse than a joke that gets old after a day is one that sticks around for the rest of the month.
>>
>>5214575
What a strange direction to go with your insults. I can't take this seriously, but I can give a (You)
>>
>>5214392
What if he reads this and realizes? Either wa, post name after quest ends so we can enjoy the autism.
>>
What in the world?
>>
>>
Hiroshimoot has gone too far.
>>
Time to spread downvotes for votes we dislike in the quests 👎
>>
>>5214573
In a quest, your (using the collective "your") choices determine the ending. They don't usually choose from pre-made endings: they create, shape, or influence it. That is, indeed, how quests work.
>>
File: three paths.png (23 KB, 750x350)
23 KB
23 KB .png
>>5213480
GnollQM here. Been giving it a lot of thought lately and I finally decided to drop the quest altogether to start a new one that takes place in the same universe. Surely some of you may not be happy about this but, hear me out for a second, I bet you’re gonna love the fresh concept. This time, you'll play as a human adventurer who sets out from home to wander the world, enslaving on his path countless of forest spirits, demons and angels, brainwashing them with the power of friendship and making them fight each other with their cool powers and flashy techniques. Action, romance, betrayal - you’ll find it all in this epic story. Stay tuned for the 1st thread of Gnolkémon, coming out soon!

Seriously though, Gnoll Quest will continue somewhere in between 10th-15th of this month. Got a big load of work coming and I'm still rereading the plot, planning some stuff, etc, so see you all until then, God willing.
>>
>>5214775
gnolkemon sounds way better actually, can you do it for real?
>>
>>5214775
are you doing game dev?
>>
>>5214775

Nice one, you made me shit myself for a sec.
>>
lol🤣
>>
>>5214775
Smash Pass Smash
>>
>Read Drowned Quest Redux and want more #content?
>Used to read Drowned Quest and miss that Ellery fella?
>Interested in Drowned Quest Redux but intimidated by the ever-growing thread count?
>Just want to read about some idiot and his small titty tomboy gf?

Drowned Quest 33 is live. I intend to run it for around a week, so get in while it's hot.

>>5214636
>>5214636
>>5214578
pleb
>>
>Read Drowned Quest Redux and want more #content?
>Used to read Drowned Quest and miss that Ellery fella?
>Interested in Drowned Quest Redux but intimidated by the ever-growing thread count?
>Just want to read about some idiot and his small titty tomboy gf?

Drowned Quest 33 is live. I intend to run it for around a week, so get in while it's hot.

>>5214636
>>5214636
>>5214636

>>5214578
pleb
>>
🤢
>>
>>5214775
> I am delaying the quest. Pray that I do not delay it any further
Classic
>>
>>5214689
Not far enough
>>
>>5215160
In a way, QM's are like Darth Vader
>>
Is Dungeon Divers ded? Hazy wake the fuck up!
>>
File: ukrainwarts.png (197 KB, 1300x720)
197 KB
197 KB .png
Quest idea: Azov Battalion quest
Tie children to poles! Torture prisoners of war! Shoot up civilian vehicles! Send redditors to the frontline with no equipment! Anything goes in this quest, as long as you manage to do it before the Russians blow you up!
>>
>>5215237
I mean, there is a chance you might get an unironically good quest if you go to /pol/ with this idea.
>>
File: ukrainwarts.png (117 KB, 1300x720)
117 KB
117 KB .png
Removed the tumor for no reason.
>>

>>
>>5215347
>>
:longcata::longcata::longcata::longcata::longcata::longcata::longcata::longcata::longcatb:
>>
>>5215351
>>5215350

>>

>>

>>
>>
>>5215369
💨
>>
I'm a demon? #3
>>5215169

After a lot of side quests, the MC has arrived to the demon capital.

Right now we have:
-A unbalance runic programming magic system.
-A man-eating slave dryad milf.
-A few nerds with too much dynamite.
-Police brutality by the automatons of a dead nation.
-The promise of more tomboys.
-So much worlbuilding I’m considering making a wiki.
-Confirmation that one god was just a human xenophile.
-The MC is a McGuffin on the scale of a tactical nuke.
-Someone summited gorefield to be included into the city... so theres that.
-Its an ocasional drawquest.
>>
Ok let's try this again, it's up. If you like managing a fantasy kingdom play my quest.

>>>5215371
>>>5215371
>>>5215371
>>>5215371
>>
>>5215375
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH.
😢
😢 :FeelsStrongMan:
:pepoRope:
>>
>>5214775
I would be fine with the pokemon quest, but only if we get to fuck Luna.

How much Focus EXP if Hyenus smashes the Luna pussy?
>>
>>5214775
>and I'm still rereading the plot
Do other QMs do this? I sometimes CTRL+F to remember some things for the specific update.
>>
>>5215375
Wouldn't join now, anyway. Soj has burned me one too many times.
>>
>>5215460
I do it all the time and still forget shit left and right
>>
>>5215460
Often. I have no actual notes for Reptilian Infiltrator Quest.

>>5213986
I'm glad!
>>
>>5215460
I only need to for the chinese spelling of the MC's various techniques and abilities
>>
>>5215460
I don't do this on purpose, but I often open the archives to ctrl+f and then get sucked in to reading the whole thread.
>>
>>5214689

>>5215399

Only 3 per post.
>>
>>5215521

Space Monke Quest is having a very important update. This is the obligatory shillpost.
>>
Is a quest even worth following if the QM did not make an April Fools update?
>>
File: webm.webm (1360 KB, 1024x782)
1360 KB
1360 KB .webm
>>5214778
I want to finish Gnoll Quest first, then maybe I'll consider running a spin off or something in case I don't move on to other hobbies.

>>5214802
Yeah but I've left it on the shelf while I return to questing. Webm related

>>5214852
:trollface:

>>5215160
Better late than never. But to be fair, being way too late isn't desirable either.

>>5215433
I wonder how you'd go about achieving that in the first place.

>>5215460
It's helpful for remembering plotlines, seeing how much your writing has changed over time and noticing what aspects you can improve on, which is harder to do with posts you've written recently in my experience
>>
File: DaleDisgust.jpg (24 KB, 307x352)
24 KB
24 KB .jpg
>>5215237
/pol/fags will complain about people liberals inserting politics where they don't belong and then post shit like this.
>>
>>5215741
/pol/locks aren't the "why are they inserting politics in my X", "I just want to grill" crowd. Hardcore /pol/ folk just want more unapologetic propaganda for their ideology, and are pretty shameless about it.
>>
🔥
>>
>>5215755
Right wing "humor" is embarrassing
>>
>>5214531
Genuinely surprised anyone actually likes those segments. Those are kind of forced in since they make sense in universe (even Meth Pope has to kind of know what he's talking about on that.) I fully expect most players to gloss their eyes at such segments and just wait for the parts when people blow each other up or some shit. It's not like I am myself some kind of theologian (especially in a religion I've explicitly said I don't actually follow or anything) so I get it. But bringing up the quest brings up a difficult subject...

I must come clean! I will not be making EFTV! It will not happen! It will be a quietly dropped promise. As if I promised to come back after getting cigs only to disappear into the night. As if I was a Nigga (Quest) or something! This is due to problems relating to chronic alcohol abuse; I am currently on a horrible bender! I am intoxicated as I type this! Verily, there is no hope...

April Fools! It's currently April 2nd, at least on the US East Coast while being April 1st on the West Coast, where the one-shot/gaiden/spin-off is set, so there is no better time to reveal that I was trying to do a joke for the holiday. I was just joking in the paragraph above, of course. Except for the part about being intoxicated and on a bender, but that's not new... Thread is up elsewhere
>>
>>5215755

Which quests have you seen that blatant of political propaganda in, aside from Nigga Quest? I would've thought this board would be largely unpolitical for the most part.
>>
>>5215796
Very few. /Pol/locks don't come here often, it seems, or they behave themselves. But I go on /pol/, /tg/, and /fa/, and... Well, the situation is different there.
>>
File: 1648798092682.gif (1456 KB, 290x266)
1456 KB
1456 KB .gif
>all the lobco related mod fuckery on other boards
>lobco-inspired facility management is basically an entire genre here
bros... what if a mod posts a funny here?
>>
>>5215796
Many 40k quests present the imperium as either LE BAD or LE GOOD. This is more direct political commentary than anything Nigga Quest had to offer (jokes at the expense of blacks, george floyd, trannies and indians)
>>
>>5215877
>This is more direct political commentary than anything Nigga Quest had to offer
That's because Nigga Quest was barely even commentary. It was just a trollish meme quest preaching to the choir of /pol/ people who were already "redpilled", or irreverent memesters who like to think they're above and beyond things like "politics" or "otehr people's feelings". Which, like... It's 4chan, so that shouldn't surprise anyone who's been here for way too long like me.
>>
>>5215590
I WANT TO ROMANCE HAZEL AND HOLD HER HAND!
>>
File: 1648884678033.gif (66 KB, 666x666)
66 KB
66 KB .gif
>>5215876
>>
>>5215375
So, what have you learned running Royal Rumble?
>>
I miss Salaryman Quest
>>
File: 1620017947310.png (23 KB, 510x546)
23 KB
23 KB .png
>>5215579
>go to sleep after reading all posts in Monke
>wake up
>115 new posts

Well fuck me, I think I need another cup of coffee.
>>
What's a good, easy-to-understand roll to determine degrees of success? 1d100 +- modifiers seems too arbitrary.
>>
File: STV.jpg (1608 KB, 1920x2680)
1608 KB
1608 KB .jpg
>>5216026
>>
>>5216026
Forgo bo3 and instead count all three rolls to determine degrees of success going from severe failure to moderate failure to moderate success to severe success.

>>5216030
Pretty autistic for you to thing anything this complicated would work well for /qst/
>>
>>5216031
It's worked perfectly and pretty easily understood for 3 very long running quests so far? It's basically Bo3 with degrees of success and modifiers so...
>>
>>5216034
I didn't read it. It was too boring.
>>
>>5216038
Cool story man
>>
>>5216031
Perhaps even describing the result, chronologically. Say, 3d20 'roll to stab the thug with your sword' and you get 7, 3, 20:
"You hold the sword with an unsteady hand, trembling as you take a few steps toward the thug. The thug, on the other hand, laughs as you almost tripped on your third step - but he ceased his laughter - and his breath - when the same unsteady hand accidentally struck him right in the throat, killing the thug on the spot."
Mite b cool for a bumbling hero type of character.
>>
>>5216039
Give us a tl;dr you defeatist faggot. Nobody comes here to read ALL THAAAAT SHIT surrounded by GIANT IMAGES OF KNIGHTSᵒʰ ʷᵒʷ.
>>
>>5216031
>>5216034
>>5216043
Or perhaps sorry.. I was thinking a group of characters. Each character also represents a resource and most choices are about betting the characters against the challenges. More characters working together on one task means higher degree of success. Players have to decide which tasks to prioritize. I was thinking perhaps rolling 1 means a resource/character will be permanently degraded... but then what would happen when a task fails because there's noone assigned to it?

Does this even make any sense
>>
>>5216055
Well that results in... nothing or degradation depending on the task?
>>
>>5216048
No, read it yourself. Also

> It's basically Bo3 with degrees of success and modifiers so...

Congrats on not being able to read
>>
File: 1648906376575.jpg (53 KB, 245x246)
53 KB
53 KB .jpg
>>5216059
>bo3 with modifiers
but this doesn't tell us how the system actually works, now does it?
>read it
not gonna decipher that spergout, I hate excess wording that serves no other purpose than to fill pages
>>
>>5216059
imagine doing homework to participating in activities with people you never met and organized by someone with dubious skill

just keep it simple, stupid
>>
>>5216031
>implying that's complicated
Kill yourself faggot
>>
>>5216114
I didn't say it's complicated, I said it's too complicated for /qst/ you illiterate mongoloid
>>
>>5216114
Seethe, faggot.
>>
Test.
>>
There's an adventuring party. Each character has some resources at their disposal (each resource is 1d4), let's say:
Rahmad feels confident and has climber's kit (2d4)
Leanda has all her spells prepared (1d4)
Kedrol is cheerful and has one vial of acid (2d4)

Let's say the party encounters two orcs. One is scary, determined and has a big fucking sword (3d4), second is desperate (1d4). Players can vote for example to send Rahmad and Kedrol against the first orc (4d4 vs 3d4) and Leanda against the second orc (1d4 vs 1d4).

If you lose the opposed roll, involved characters will acquire trauma (wounded, tired etc.). If character acquires their fourth trauma, they are knocked out/dead.
Rolling 1, regardless of final outcome, spends a resource.
First player write-in gives +3, second +2, all subsequent +1.

Do you think something like this could work?
>>
Did any quests have an April Fool's day update?
>>
>>5216262
I'd give it a go, for sure!
>>
>>5216275
Yeah
>>
>>5216115
But it's not complicated even for qst you retard
>>
File: 1648470037716.jpg (62 KB, 474x812)
62 KB
62 KB .jpg
I have my doubts about advertising my Quest since we are on our final thread, but I'll still do it.

>>5216364
>>5216364
>>5216364

"Join And Craft A Gift For Our Dwarf Crush" The Quest.
>>
I miss ten years ago. Running quests on /tg/. Too bad I was a fucking idiot and never finished anything.
>>
>>5216378
What did you run?
>>
>>5216381
Waifu Quest, Tax Quest, Last Companion Quest, Handler Quest, etc etc. Lot of things with a lot of potential that crashed and burned. Years and years back and it doesn't help anything but I keep coming back at least once a year to fantasize and get nostalgic.
>>
I see a lot of people making up new systems from scratch and fighting over how complicated it is, so here's my 2 cents, there's always the option of using an existing system like D&D 5e. If the GM is familiar with the system you can keep the interface between player & game very simple, and resolve everything using dice rules that are pre-established and playtested. That's what I'm doing for Barovian Legends (with a couple minimal modifications to rolling and initiative to make it quest-friendly) and it's working great.
>>
>>5216279
Ah fuck it, I'll just go with 3d100. Thanks for encouragement anyways.
>>
Test I'm happy I got my update out before the emoji withdrawal.
>>
>>5216383
Why not reboot one of these now?
>>
>>5216373
I strongly recommend this one. Read up, join in. It's a fun little fantasy romp!
>>
>>5216447
Thank you, dear player!
>>
>>5216383
Just run again, anon. Link to archive and do a proper recap if you want to continue or start anew.
You'll surely find some local autists interested in joining.
>>
>>5216115
>>5216070
This is all because this guy >>5216030 posted the combat rules, not the general rolling rules, despite the question not asking about combat. The general rules are easy and intuitive and I'd recommend them to the original poster, I'm not sure what makes them particularly "arbitrary".

>>5216031
Two degrees of failure leads to a quest where the MC fails quite a bit. This isn't inherently a bad thing, but it's something important to keep in mind, because it's going to determine a lot of your tone. A gentler way to set it up is 1 degree of outright failure and three degrees of success (success-, success, success+), which has been working well for me.

>>5216387
>Using a TTRPG system in a quest
>Less complicated
lel
>>
>>5216481
>>Two degrees of failure leads to a quest where the MC fails quite a bit. This isn't inherently a bad thing, but it's something important to keep in mind, because it's going to determine a lot of your tone. A gentler way to set it up is 1 degree of outright failure and three degrees of success (success-, success, success+), which has been working well for me.
You can just adjust the degrees or the modifiers you throw at the player to make successes and failures less or more frequent as you see fit.
>>
>>5216485
Sure, but if you adjust to compensate for double failure, that's going to limit the band of DCs you can/will offer-- which also limits your options for distributing modifiers and inflicting psychological torment on your players w/ high-but-secretly-still-manageable DCs. It's not a slam dunk.

My source on all of this, btw, is that I've run one quest with 2 degrees of failure and one quest with 1 degree. The 2-degrees-of-failure one's dice were so swingy the MC got permanently characterized as someone who bumbles into trouble at every turn. The 1-degree MC... still does that, but she's a little more purposeful and competent about it, which imo makes her better suited for questing (it's always easier to write successes than failures).

All of that's still subjective, though: if you're running a gritty the-world-is-set-against-you quest, or a comedy quest, or any quest where failure is expected or desired, 2 degrees is gonna be your better option. I just question it being the default.
>>
>>5216445
>>5216470
Eh. Reboots never go well. Aside from that, I honestly don't think I have the knack anymore. I'm reading quests and things are very different now. I need to percolate for a month to absorb the new zeitgeist, and I'm too old now to have time to hang out.

I'll probably take a stab at it some day, just with a new idea.
>>
>>5216275
>>5215040
>>
>>5216501
How old are you? I'm 30, and work full time, and I manage.
>>
>>5216501
As someone who used to run on /tg/:
>Unless you strike gold by using a very popular setting and a very interesting premise, do not expect a lot of input. A post an hour is considered pretty fast, especially for quests that get past the first thread.
>It's a marathon rather than a sprint. You're better off doing daily updates than having a six-hour-slot once a week, unless you have a strong established audience who will actively tune in for you.
>If or when you flake, it's better to shed your identity and make up a new one if you start a new quest. A reputation for flaking will negate absolutely any good will you've built up as a writer.
>Players who provide more input than just copy-pasting their preferred prompt are precious. Do whatever it takes to keep their interest. Without them, quests can feel extremely unrewarding and you will burn out much faster.
>>
Strongly think of what the dice represent and if they need to be rolled at all in relation to the story you are telling. This includes combat systems.

Balancing is going to seem strange but everything on /qst/ needs to be quick and powerful or meaningful when it comes to combat. Because in a video game you are used to taking 50 actions in a minute or making a significant decision every few minutes or several times per session, depending on the game. Spending 40+ posts on a single fight consisting of "okay now roll for his Super Fist ability" "okay now roll for the dodge/parry/defend" saps amusement from the players and depth from the story. This is not at all to rob the magic and fun of the dice, on the contrary it's to make the dice more magical and entertaining. But combat should be interesting and variable, more like Chess or Fire Emblem than Tic Tac Toe or tossing a series of coins.

This also leads to why you could do a Mortal Kombat quest but you wouldn't want it to be like a Mortal Kombat video game's combat system, that would take ages and be rather flat and boring to even people that love Mortal Kombat.

Care for your craft. I know a lot of us are autists or drunk or anime weirdos but let's measure twice and cut once. /qst/ is short for /quaslity/
>>
File: Quest Timeline 2020.png (347 KB, 1290x3720)
347 KB
347 KB .png
As promise I when back to work on the timeline, the old standards are out the window in consideration of the longer lifespan of threads. Anything with a second thread or more should have a guarantee a spot. Judgement on case on case basis with anything with a single thread.

Like always, anyone can just ask for a specific quest to added and I will gladly do it. Just need a Name, image and if possible an archive link to confirm the month it belongs to.

Once again please tell me of any mistakes or if you see anything is missing.
Previous years: http://imgur.com/a/djjkS#0
>>
>>5216560
Are you sure about that Catalyst Quest placement? It started in September 2019, not January 2019. Avowed (which is still the same quest, it shouldn't get another spot) started in January 2020.
>>
>>5216548
I doubt that after 10 years anyone will even remember him. Besides, it's been so long that even the worst flake could've changed, the past doesn't really matter.
>>5216560
groovy
>>
>>5216383
> Handler quest

Dude I actually loved that one, rip.
>>