[3 / an / cgl / diy / gd / i / n / out / p / po / qst / s4s / t / trv / vip / vm / vmg / w / wg / wsr / ] [Settings]
Board
Settings Home
/qst/ - Mitsuba Archive

File: Slug Intro.png (17 KB, 931x583)
17 KB
17 KB .png
You are a little Sea Slug, crawling around in tropical waters and eating whatever it is that Sea Slugs eat. But today, all of that is about to change...

>Select your Sea Slug. Find an image of one, and vote for the type of slug you want to be.

First update will be in a day or so.
>>
File: Clown slug.jpg (6 KB, 186x144)
6 KB
6 KB .jpg
>>5237772
Triopha catalinae, commonly known as the sea clown triopha or sea clown, is a species of colorful sea slug called a nudibranch. Sea clowns are a shell-less marine, gastronomic mollusk in the taxonomic family Polyceridae.

Honk honk
>>
>>5237772
Oh, yeah. When the quest starts, the way voting works is that I’ll attempt every action that has at least two votes. You may vote with -1s. You can’t use -1s during this starting phase where you vote for a player slug.
>>
File: Dirona albolineata.jpg (75 KB, 800x600)
75 KB
75 KB .jpg
>>5237772
Dirona albolineata, aka the Alabaster Nudibranch, is translucent white, mauve, greenish or peach with opalescent white outlining the broad, flat cerata, oral veil and the midline of the tail. to defend itself, it readily sheds its large flat cerata which, like a lizard's tail, distracts predators. Chemical defences are also likely, but their nature remains unknown.
>>
>>5237871
+1
>>
>>5237871
+1
>>5237784
-1 to -1s
>>
>>5237904
On second thought, needing 2 votes is enough of a measure to prevent full anarchy, when processing all actions. Will take your advice and not use -1s, then.
>>
File: 87451555.jpg (1211 KB, 2000x1501)
1211 KB
1211 KB .jpg
I'm Cornu Aspersum and aww shit I'm a terrestrial snail
>>
>>5237776
+1
>>
File: MetalSnail.jpg (88 KB, 634x634)
88 KB
88 KB .jpg
>>5237923
Seeing your snail, raising the deep-sea volcano snail : Chrysomallon squamiferum

it can grow an iron armour on its foot, 2500 meters deep submarine-volcano dweller, shell includes fool's gold.
>>
>>5238104
+1
oh shit nigga
>>
>>5238104
+1
>>
>>5237923
>>5238104
Unfortunately, these are snails, not slugs, so I won’t be able to take them as votes for the player character. Definitely will use them as NPCs though, designs too good to waste.
>>
The Blue Glaucus otherwise known as "The Blue Dragon" known for floating in the water and delivering a venemous sting, they are a type of sea slug but share similarities to jelly fish such as the Man o War with how powerful their sting can get
>>
Yo I'm Ozobranchus branchiatus and I'm here to fuck shit up
>>
File: SlugQuest1.png (16 KB, 890x532)
16 KB
16 KB .png
>>5237871
>>5237901
>>5237904
Alright! Got home, booted up paint, let's do this! Quick post just to start it off.

You are an Alabaster Nudibranch, also known as Dirona Albolineata! Of course, you know neither of these terms. All you know is eating and wandering. Slugs aren't very bright. But this thing in front of you? Now, that's bright. You're not quite sure what this glowing orb is, but hey, you never know if it's food until you try putting it in your mouth.

>Eat it
>eat it
>EAT IT
>>
>>5238693
devour it
go all in, establish immediate dominance
>>
File: Nom.png (16 KB, 863x521)
16 KB
16 KB .png
>>5238693

>>5238701

You consume the strange glowing maybe-food, as any Sea Slug would naturally do.

Yo this edible ain't sh-
>>
>Don't eat
>>
File: SlugQuest 2.png (14 KB, 600x600)
14 KB
14 KB .png
>>5238703

WOAH!

Mote Of Awareness Consumed.

You feel the food disperse into your body. And all of a sudden, you're hyperaware of your surroundings. You're in a sandy basin, with several other Slugs grazing in the area. None of your kind, though. Plenty of organic detritus lines the basin. It takes you a bit to acclimate to your new awareness, and process everything. But when you do, you hear something yelling at you.

"Oh, confound it all! I've been working towards that for HOURS. You hear me?! Hours! And you damnable Sea Slugs swoop in with your superior speed, and claim it in just minutes! Curse you, youngling! You can hear me now, yes? Let it be known that I'm cursing you! I curse you!"

Party:
>Nameless- Alabaster Sea Slug [Ranger]

Okay, that's the railroady portion over with.

>Write-In
>>
>>5238707
>Look under the shell
>>
>>5238707
Invite tiny creatures on the kelp to live on you instead
>>
File: Spoiler Image (8 KB, 579x360)
8 KB
8 KB .png
>>5237923
Might be a biiiiit too early to show this, but I figured I'd tease it.
>>
>>5238750
Dude that's sick
>>
>>5238707
>Write-In
>fear the curse and apologize profusely to the god being
>>
>>5238750
Awesome
>>5238707
Try to answer the voice. Fail not being an asshole.
>>
>>5238707
>Write-In
>>
File: Ol' Salty.png (23 KB, 904x617)
23 KB
23 KB .png
>>5237784

>>5238797
>>5238859

Two votes for:

You immediately begin blubbering and begging, apologising to whatever divine being that's trying to smite you. The first emotion you're feeling, as a now-sapient Sea Creature, is fear.

After almost a full minute of this, the voice speaks up again. You realise that it's not coming from high above, but rather, right in front of you! The shell opens up slightly to speak.

"Oh... Well... Alright then, alright then! You really know how to make an old codger feel bad, young'un. I take it back."

It wiggles slightly.

"The name's Ol' Salty. And you are... Well. You don't quite have a name yet."

>Write-In
>>
>>5238866
>Lil' Salty
>You are now our father, Ol' Salty

We need a father to nurture us. The sea is a vast and dangerous place
>>
>>5238866
Siloë Lloyd Urinor Gabroch
SLUG in shorter form.
>>
>>5238866
>Siloë Ludvig Urinor Gabroch
Silk for friends
>>
>>5238868
>>5238874
Let's make it a thing where we always change the second name
>>
>>5238866
>>5238882
+1
>>
File: SLUG.png (13 KB, 879x352)
13 KB
13 KB .png
>>5238868
>>5238874
>>5238882
>>5238883

Don't have a name? Nonsense! You blast one out in quick succession, letting him know that you're:

>Siloë Lloyd Urinor Gabroch

"Oh... Oh, come again?"

>Siloë Ludvig Urinor Gabroch

"Right, one more time? Can't quite catch that."

>Siloë Lloyd Urinor Gabroch

"Oh... I'll just call you Siloë. Well, I'm sure as that Mote dissolves within you, a lot of questions are popping up. Let Ol' Salty answer some of them for you."

>Write-In
>>
>>5238885
>Can you make other notes?
>>
>>5238885
>Can you make other motes?
>>
>>5238885
>Now I know who I am, Siloë Leon Urinor Gabroch, I know there is other things : all that isn't me.
>Does it really exist? Yes, because this is not me and I'm defined by my environment
>Cogito ergo Slug.

What is the purpose of slug life? I don't know much yet, can you answer it? Or will I, Siloë Laurent Urinor Gabroch, will have to slither the vaste blue world to find out?
>>
>>5238885
>How do you make money
>>
File: SlugQuest 3.png (20 KB, 855x524)
20 KB
20 KB .png
>>5238886
>>5238888
>>5238892
>>5238896

>Can you make other motes?

"Oh, no, oh, no, no, no. I'm afraid I can't. They simply come from the sea above. Yours looked a little different, but anyone who can understand each other has had one to eat."

>Now I know who I am, Siloë Leon Urinor Gabroch, I know there is other things : all that isn't me.
>Does it really exist? Yes, because this is not me and I'm defined by my environment
>Cogito ergo Slug.
>What is the purpose of slug life? I don't know much yet, can you answer it? Or will I, Siloë Laurent Urinor Gabroch, will have to slither the vaste blue world to find out?

"Oh. Um... I don't think I can quite answer that. I'm no Slug, I'm a Scallop. I suppose you'll have to slither on to find out."

>How do you make money

"Mo...Ney?"
>>
>>5238905
>Ask where the bodacious sea babes are.
>>
File: Babes.png (86 KB, 713x658)
86 KB
86 KB .png
>>5238907

>Ask where the bodacious sea babes are.

"Oh... Well, I've not seen a Slug like yourself before... But there's some down over there. And if you head West, I've seen many come and go from there."

>Write in:

>More Questions
>Move on
>>
>>5238908
>Move on
>>
>>5238908
>Move
>Say hi to the bodacious slug babes
>>
>>5238910
Which one?
>>
>>5238908
>Move south-west
>>5238914
the bunny looking one
>>
>>5238914
>Bunny babe
>>
I'm sad I missed the species picking at the start
>>
File: Bodacious Babes.png (18 KB, 732x462)
18 KB
18 KB .png
>>5238915
>>5238919

You leave Ol' Salty behind for now, and slither over to the Bodacious slug Babe. I think I kinda fucked up and drew it based off a sculpture, and not a real species... So let's just call it the Teal Slug!

The Teal beauty is grazing at the base of a coral. It's sucking up sand. You slick back your cerata, trying to be as slick as possible, as you say hi to the Teal slug.

>...

There's no response! It seems to be completely ignoring you, and feeding on the ORGANIC DETRITUS that dots the sand.

>Write-In

((Ah, yeah. I think I'll do away with the '2 votes for an action' thing because it slows it down a lot. However, in lieu of that, I'll bring back the -1. You can drop a -1 on someone's post if you particularly think it's a bad idea, but don't abuse it.))
>>
>>5238929
This would be our druid or nature cleric.
>>
>>5238929
>>5238932
Yep, it would have been. I had abilities a few of the popular and obvious contenders planned out. Like the Pikachu sea slug, Leafy sheep, Blue Dragon, etc.
>>
>>5238930
>EAT THE GREEN THINGS
>>
>>5238930
>Climb on top of it and do what slugs do, I think
>>
>>5238930
Eat the other slug
>>
>>5238963

Don't eat the babes man
>>
>>5238964
Their own fault for ignoring us
>>
>>5238930
>Eat a bit and proceed to interact with a non-retard babeslug
>>
>>5238930
>Angrily chew on coral
>>5238950
>>5238951
>>5238963
>>5238964
+1
>>
Ignore braindead babes, acquire motes of consciousness
>>
Oh, we need to get motes of consciousness for the babes! They'll totally want to bone us if we do that! I'll change to this.

>>5239004
+1
>>
>>5239007
They won't be down for any kind of boning, as invertebrates.
Maybe we can settle for some good old fleshSlapping?
>>
>>5239015
fleshSlapping works. Our little fella just needs to stop being babeless.
>>
File: Detritus.png (14 KB, 549x415)
14 KB
14 KB .png
You resist the primal urge to start crawling onto this slug and attempting to mate. You know that it's dangerous to do it when the other party isn't receptive. You don't want your slug-penis to get stabbed by this babe's own slug-penis! Those things are wickedly sharp. So you settle for trying bits of the Organic Detritus.

>>5238950
>>5238998
>>5238985

>Eat a bit and proceed to interact with a non-retard babeslug

You reach forward to slurp up bits of Organic Detritus. Gasp. What's this? The babe is slowly moving towards you as you do so. Is she perhaps ready to get it on? Despite you two being different species?

No, she's just vacuuming up the rest of the delicious, nutritious detritus to make sure you don't snatch it up. Damn it!
>>
File: CoralMalding.png (20 KB, 788x479)
20 KB
20 KB .png
>>5239004
>>5239007
>>5238998

You're mad. That's a new emotion! Sea Slugs don't tend to get mad. At most, they get territorial. But you feel a new emotion at being spurned. To rid yourself of the feeling, you start biting on coral, scraping the scarlet polyp with your radula. As you rub away at it with your mouthparts, you realise something... That Mote of Awareness that you swallowed was what gave you life. If you can get another one, you can turn this dumb vegetative slug into another thinking being like yourself! Then you can get it on, and have hot, slippery, flesh-slapping SeaSlex (Sea Slug Sex) with their SeaSussy (Sea- you get the point).
>>
File: HopefullyNotRetard.png (12 KB, 533x437)
12 KB
12 KB .png
>>5238985

With your digestive tract full of detritus, you leave the Teal Slug behind and head towards the other one in the area. It's a yellow slug this time! You hope that this one is able to respond.

>Write-In
>>
>>5239025
>Bow our head to the babe to seem non-threatening then do a mating dance

After this we need to get those motes of awareness.
>>
>>5239025
that one looks like the slug dragon pokemon.
>Greetings, fellow slug! I am Siloë Leroy Urinor Gabroch.
>>
>>5239025
>>5239031
+1
>>
>>5239025
>Chomp the green thing
>>5239029
>>5239031
>>5239032
nothing personnel
>>
>>5239040
Since they're votes for 1 course of action, I'm not gonna count that as 3 separate -1s.

Still trying to figure out voting, so that I don't end up ruining the intended comfiness of the quest but what would you guys think of a system like Twitch Plays Pokemon? Where there's 'modes' of voting that can be swapped between depending on situations. Like a 'everything goes' mode, for when in a spot that nothing matters, a +1 and -1 system, full single-course-of-action democracy that can be swapped to if in a conversation, etc. I'd love suggestions in general, quite lost in that regard.
>>
File: Sapient!.png (11 KB, 746x445)
11 KB
11 KB .png
>>5239029
>>5239031
>>5239032

>Bow our head to the babe to seem non-threatening then do a mating dance

You slither up to the yellow slug babe, and begin wiggling rhythmically while bowing your head.

>Greetings, fellow slug! I am Siloë Leroy Urinor Gabroch.

The other creature regards you silently for a bit. She examines your mating dance... then the gills on her back wiggle, and she speaks!

"Why, hello there! All done biting on coral and flirting with the ferals?"

>Write-In
>>
>>5239060
>So you are intelligent too? Where did you find motes?
>>
>>5239060
"Yeah, I'm smart now, and ready to bang! Let's get slimy!"
>>
>>5239062
-1 Please I don't want to be a sloomer.

INstead
>Rejoy and delve into conversation with a fellow slug
>Dwelve into philosophy
>Recruit into our party
>>
>>5239060
>"Ferals?"
Why is she talking out of her ass?
>>5239062
>>
>>5239095
Is that a vote to ask her why?
>>
>>5239062
+1
It's funny. Nothing to do with coomery.
>>
File: nvmho.png (16 KB, 311x250)
16 KB
16 KB .png
>>5239073
-1 I find this to be shallow and pedantic.
>>5239095
-1 I find this to be shallow and pedantic.

captcha: nvm ho
>>
>>5239111
it's a vote implying we don't know what the "ferals" are and would like to have the term explained

>>5239114
>we're not actually cooming, just acting like a retarded sex freak and irritating everyone we meet, because so much better and totally funny
>>5239122
I smell a samefag...
>>
>>5239073
+1
>>
>>5239123
It's a cartoony quest. Don't take it so seriously. Still voting for the flirting option because the reaction will be fun to watch.
>>
>>5239136
>I'm smart and ready to bang!
>flirting
>>
File: Missing.png (17 KB, 902x494)
17 KB
17 KB .png
>>5239061

>So you are intelligent too? Where did you find motes?

"That I am. My name is... Kuni. Oh, I've never had the chance to introduce myself before. I found my Mote over to the West, past the ROCK POOLS. I sensed you getting your own moments ago."

>>5239073

>Rejoy and delve into conversation with a fellow slug
>Dwelve into philosophy
>Recruit into our party

You express your joy at finding an intelligent slug. Base thoughts run through your head, like immediately trying to mate with this creature. But something tells you not to jump on that wagon quite yet. You hesitate as well, on asking about that term she mentioned. Ferals, was it? Instead, you philosophise for a moment on the nature of Sea Slug life, and then ask if she'd like you join your PARTY.

"Oh! Actually... I was looking for somebody who could help me. I would come along with this 'party', but... I am afraid I would not be of much use. I am infirm."

Just then, you realise that this babe doesn't have any fucking rhinophores. Holy shit. The front of her head is flat and smooth, and she lacks the antenna that every Sea Slug uses to sense things with. It's bizarre that she's managed to survive with such a critical disability.

>No vote just yet, one moment
>>
>C-C-C-COMBO BREAKER!
>>5239145
If that's not funny to you even 1% then go shrivel up and die right now, you're completely dead inside, you husk.
>>5239123
>I smell a samefag
Paranoid delusions in effect, unless you're referencing yourself. And I wasn't the one to start talking about raping a non-sentient lifeform. I voted to move on from that braindead ho so we could acquire more motes. You're a jabroni and a jamoke. I'll clap when I'm impressed.
>>
>>5239156
seethe
>>
File: Anchor.jpg (83 KB, 900x900)
83 KB
83 KB .jpg
Alrighty. So, in the interest of un-fucking some of the damage I've done to this Quest with my indecisiveness, I'm going to introduce a system! This will be the Anchor post for it, so please refer to this in the future when trying to figure out what this means.

Along with each vote, you may vote to change the VOTING MODE that we're currently using for the quest. To prevent samefagging for this aspect, I'll only accept votes to change modes from IDs who have been posting in the thread for a little while. If a large number of people vote to change the voting mode, it comes into effect immediately and I'll use that voting mode when processing the turn.

>Tally- (Siloë)
Mode 1, Tally, will be the style we're using right now. I'll process all votes that have a positive number of votes. In this mode, you may give -1s to actions that you particularly disagree with. This allows you to eliminate options. It's a system of mass-disagreement.

>Anarchy- (L???)
Mode 2, Anarchy, turns our little Slug into a schizo, just like how his second name keeps changing. I will accept ALL votes that are reasonable. Doing something dumb or incredibly unwise, yet still within the realm of possibility still counts as 'reasonable'. A vote like 'Commit slug suicide and end the quest' is not considered reasonable. As I'll accept anything if this mode is voted for, this mode will certainly result in a lot of randomness and unpredictability, as well as major swings in character behaviour. It's best for low-stake situations. It's a system of anarchy, of course, it's in the name.

>Popularity- (Urinor)
Mode 3. No -1s in this mode. However, I will accept and process votes that have multiple people calling for them. If only a single person proposes a course of action, and can get no agreement from others, it won't be taken. In this mode, I'll have to use my own judgement at times, and acceptance will probably vary from post to post, depending on the amount of people present who are voting for things. So for example, if two actions get three votes each, a third action with one vote won't be chosen. If there's two actions that somehow get 15 players each voting for them, a third action with 4 or something people won't be chosen. It's a system of mass-agreement.

>Election- (Gabroch)
Mode 4. Rather boring, but extremely safe. This is best for high-stakes situations, like a negotiation, or a bomb defusal where the exact right action is crucial. In Election mode, I will only process a single vote, with the highest amount of approval from people. +1s are very necessary here, to make your prime option count. It's a system of majority-agreement.

We're currently in Tally Mode. I can't say I approve of the revenge -1s very much, but in that case, it's up to neutral parties to add their +1s in agreement, like >>5239127.

That said, it's time for the:

>WRITE-IN!
>>
>>5239167
You're overthinking it dude. Just do what most quest do and pick the choice that's most popular. Feel free to add or reject any write-ins or extra suggestions, and if they're too questionable then you may subject them to popular vote in addition to the option that was already picked by most.
>>
>>5239178
>Overthinking
Oh, definitely. Though, the TwitchPlaysPokemon thing did get me thinking earlier >>5239046, and I do have an actual interest in trying this apart from damage control. Sorry about all the scuff so far, fellas, hope you guys are still willing to stick around for more Sea Slug adventures.
>>
How are you retards fighting over funny slug quest?
>>
>>5239186
Consider removing the -1 system altogether. Feel free to add write ins or suggestions as you see them fit, you're the QM after all. If people really disagree with an approach proposed by one anon they're usually going to voice that, and then you may think twice about adding it in the update.
>>
>>5239192
Definitely will consider it if things get bad. Gonna go to bed soon. Will have time for one more update, if enough votes come in by then. Looking forward to more slug time tomorrow, I'm having fun running.
>>
>>5239154
Personality switch : Urinor

Ask about life circumstances of crippled babe slug; and how we can help
>>
>>5239167
>>5239163
>>
>>5239250
keep seething
>>
File: SlugQuest 4.png (14 KB, 600x600)
14 KB
14 KB .png
>>5239235

>Ask about life circumstances of crippled babe slug; and how we can help

You decide to ask Kuni about what happened to her.

"I don't exactly recall. Our kind recover from wounds fast, but nothing has ever grown back. So it must have been a remnant from birth. I doubt that I would have survived long, but... I've been aware for a long time. Longer than most, I suppose. I only know that I first ate one of those Motes of Consciousness, when I was small. And since then, I've been conscious of the world around me. Even when devoid of smell, or taste."

Come to think of it, you haven't had to rely wholly on your antennae since eating the object. You've been able to perceive the whole portion of the basin that you were in. You continue on, and ask about how you can help.

"I've been evicted, you see. From a Sponge that was once my home. It's just over to the West. A group of ruffians, and a group of Ferals both, have started squabbling over who rightfully owns it. I cannot take on them alone. Until you came along, reclaiming it was just a distant dream."

>Current mode: Tally
>Write-In

Going to bed
>>
>>5239381
>"Can we communicate with the feral at all? Strength in the numbers and all that."
Boys, looks like we got ourselves the first mission of our sapient life!
>>
>>5239381
>I'll help but I want a kiss after
>>
>>5239469
Bad genetics
>>
>>5239469
>>5239469
+1
>>5239275
>>
>>5239381
>Make a leaf-cylinder full of those lil crabs to create a crab-bomb for assautl on ferals and ruffians
>>
>>5239389
+1

Ask for more information as well.
>"How many ferals?"
>"How many ruffians?"
>"What kind of slugs?"
>>
File: Planning.png (26 KB, 876x604)
26 KB
26 KB .png
>>5239615

>Make a leaf-cylinder full of those lil crabs to create a crab-bomb for assautl on ferals and ruffians

You decide to get more information on the situation. Come with me, you say, as you wander towards the plant. You begin chewing at the leaf, much to her confusion, but you start asking questions of your own before she has the chance.

>"Can we communicate with the feral at all? Strength in the numbers and all that."

"No. Only if you're the same type of Sea Slug. They're no more than beasts otherwise. But among the invaders, one of them has thought and is controlling the others."

>>5239796

>"How many ferals?"
>"How many ruffians?"
>"What kind of slugs?"

You segue into your series of questions. There's two ferals, being controlled by a thinking member of their own kind. They're a rather common slug, she says. The Hypselodoris Bullocki, a Purple Sea Slug. The two ruffians fighting are Teal Sea Slugs, the same as the one you tried to flirt with. So five, total, against two of you. They're due West, she says.

>>5239469
>>5239557

>I'll help but I want a kiss after

"A kiss? What's that?"

You quickly explain that it involves her placing her mouth right onto you. Maybe your own mouth. She seems rather confused by the concept, and squirms on the spot.

"A-ah... Okay. I don't know why you'd want me to chew on you, but... I accept."

Current Mode: Tally
>Write-In
>>
>>5239836
Damn, small correction. Should be Hypselodoris variobranchia.
>>
>>5239836
Explain your crab bomb plan
>>
>>5239836
>It's actually 8 vs 5
>Give the crabs a ride on our back to the battlefield
>>
File: CrabBomb.png (28 KB, 852x668)
28 KB
28 KB .png
>>5239874
>Explain your crab bomb plan

You explain to her that you're going to catch these little creatures, place them into a leaf packet, and then fling them at the enemy, whereupon they'll burst out and pinch them with their tiny claws.

"I don't know how effective that will be. Those crabs are just little morsels for most of us. How did you learn to do this, anyway?"

>>5239879
>Give the crabs a ride on our back to the battlefield

While ruminating on it, you try and guide the skittering crustaceans onto your back, so you can better load them into their capsule.

>Write-In
>>
>>5239958
Do we have any synergy with our ranger class using animals?
>>
>>5239958
>You have any skills that'll help in the fight?
>Wait do we have any skills? Check for cool skills.
>>
>>5239958
>Craft leaf balls out of algae
>"We might still use this as a distraction for ferals!"

Just a dumb idea, but it would be fun if crabs were currency. Like in one of those old adventure games where you collected fruits or whatever to buy stuff.
>>
File: KaniWrap.png (20 KB, 923x486)
20 KB
20 KB .png
>>5239970
>>5239967

>You have any skills that'll help in the fight?

"I'm afraid not. The most I can do is strike them, I suppose, like any other slug, but I don't have much in the way of attacks. I've heard that some other thinking Slugs have special abilities. But I've found myself sorely lacking... It's why I could not fend them off."

>Wait do we have any skills? Check for cool skills.
Hey, wait a minute. What was that thing that you were made aware of, back when you started your adventure?

Party:
>Siloë Lucas Urinor Gabroch- Alabaster Sea Slug [Ranger]
>Kuni- Goniobranchus kuniei [Slug]

Ranger. Ranger. What does that mean? You think on it for a moment... Ah, hey, here's something. You're made aware of your single skill.

>Skills: Cerata arrow

>>5239979
>Craft leaf balls out of algae
>"We might still use this as a distraction for ferals!"

You chew up and spit out some of the kelp into balls of vegetation. You can't quite carry this, however, since you already have the crab packet perched onto your cerata. Sea Slugs aren't very dexterous.
>>
>>5239989
>Go fight the ruffians!
>I have a ranged attack so you and the crabs distract them while I snipe them.
>>
>>5239989
>construct a leaf bag and put the balls in it
>shoot the algae with cerata arrow to test it out
>>
>>5240003
This, then let's go rumble ruffians
>>
Anyone else a bit bummed that the cool-looking slug is retarded and we're stuck with the plum cake?
>>
>>5240010
All we have to do is give the cool-looking one a mote of awareness and we'll have her in the bag. And she won't be a retard.
>>
File: Cerata Arrow.png (19 KB, 922x460)
19 KB
19 KB .png
>>5239997
>>5240003
>>5240007

>I have a ranged attack so you and the crabs distract them while I snipe them.

>shoot the algae with cerata arrow to test it out

"Oh?"

>>5237871

To demonstrate, you launch a Cerata arrow at the plant! It stabs through the wood easily. However, you realise that these don't come in infinite supply. The arrow was one of the physical cerata that you have on your back. It's definitely a good weapon, though. How many slugs can say that they have the ability to strike from afar?! In fact, how many sea creatures in general?

>construct a leaf bag and put the balls in it

You make another leaf tube by folding the plant up. You stick the balls in there, though you're not sure how useful they'll end up being.

>Go fight the ruffians!

Off to the West!
>>
File: SlugQuest 5.png (19 KB, 600x600)
19 KB
19 KB .png
You reach the next part of the SANDY BASIN. Looming over you is the large Brain Sponge that Kuni once lived on. You immediately spot a handful of slugs, circling each other cautiously. Down South, a tube coral spews bubbles into the air, and you can see the terrain becoming rocky and harsh.

Current mode: Tally
>Write-In
>>
>>5240017
>Try to figure out which of the purple slug is the thinking one
>Shoot it

Hopefully if we kill the sentient one the mindless ones will fuck off.
>>
>>5240017
>"What's that orange tentacled thing on the bottom left?"
>throw a ball of algae between two bunnies and a pink jelly to instigate a fight
>>
>>5240019
They'll probably just aggro on us instead.
>>
>>5240029
OK +1 to this unless you already started drawing QM

>>5240020
>>
>>5240020
This.
>Also, will our arrows come back after a rest?
>>
>>5240030
Nope, haven't started drawing yet. Will do so now, though.

>>5240031
Yeah. After having a rest, and after consuming enough food.
>>
File: Distraction.png (84 KB, 822x595)
84 KB
84 KB .png
>>5240020
>>5240030
>>5240031

>"What's that orange tentacled thing on the bottom left?"

"I... Don't know. I can't tell if it's alive, or if it's a plant, or coral. It wasn't there before, when I was living here.

Huh. New neighbour.

>throw a ball of algae between two bunnies and a pink jelly to instigate a fight

You take your chewed-up plant bomb and toss it between them. It pops open, spilling pellets of greenery across the sand. However, it doesn't throw them into a frenzy. It's not like every Slug just has ADHD or something. The two Teal Slugs turn towards you, and so does one of the Purple slugs on the sponge. The Teal on the right speaks up.

"Uh... You need anything, bub?"

>Write-In
>>
>>5240042
>"Now that I've got your attention, you wanna buy a vacuum cleaner? What about your friend over there?"
Get the other intelligent one to speak up so we know which purple is the most dangerous. Ik it's probably the two we disturbed, just checking.
>>
>>5240042
>There's an awareness mote in that bag! Oh no I can't believe I accidentally dropped it!

That'll make em squabble over it
>>
>>5240047
+1
>>
>>5240047
>>5240048

>There's an awareness mote in that bag! Oh no I can't believe I accidentally dropped it!

The purple slug atop the sponge zeroes in on it. They wiggle their rhinopores at the one on the ground.

"Go! You! Go get it!"

Obeying its command, the feral Purple makes a mad rush for the packet. The Teals, however, don't do anything to stop their competitors. The left one wiggles and turns towards you.

"That would bring us a bit closer to solving our issue. Give up the mote, bub."

"Yeah! Bub."

The Feral one rips it open, and finds... Nothing. The Teal on the right glares at you.

"What's the big idea! You messin' with all of us, bub?"

>Write-In
>>
File: Mote!.png (10 KB, 558x441)
10 KB
10 KB .png
Forgot the image.
>>
>>5240063
Ok, not my best idea. Time for plan B

Violence.

>Shoot the intelligent purple one
>>
>>5240069
"What's the big idea! You messin' with all of us, bub?"
>My, yes. You can either surrender or die under the barbs of I, Siloë Lester Urinor Gabroch
>Shoot the Feral leader
>>
>>5240063
Shoot the intelligent blue one!
>>5240069
+1
>>
>>5240063
>Shoot the intelligent purple one
>>
File: Shots!.png (14 KB, 443x535)
14 KB
14 KB .png
>>5240069
>>5240074
>>5240076
>>5240081

>My, yes. You can either surrender or die under the barbs of I, Siloë Lester Urinor Gabroch

To punctuate your statement, you blast the purple leader of the ferals with a Cerata arrow! You turn towards one of the intelligent Teals next, and prepare to fire. Your spikes do nothing but rattle, however. Seems like you can only shoot one per turn.
>>
File: Gang Fight.png (67 KB, 660x467)
67 KB
67 KB .png
"AUGH!"

The plate is jabbed into the soft flesh of the purple slug. Toxins leech out into the water as it staggers back, impaled by the projectile weapon. Everyone in the chamber seems shocked, apart from the Ferals.

"What the- How'd you do that, bub?!"

"Did you just shoot me?! What is this?!"

"Get him! You ain't inching in on our turf, bub!"

All five begin crawling in your direction, and the situation is about to converge into a free-for-all. At the behest of the intelligent one, the ferals swarm you, but the Teal slugs are chasing the feral on the left.

Kuni shudders and prepares to fight.

>Write-In
>>
>>5240086
>"Advance, my minions!"
>Throw Siloë Junior, Lil'L, Crabby of House Urinor and Gabroch Threepwood cylinder
>>
>>5240090
Time for our secret weapon.

>Throw the crabs at the ones coming towards us
>>
File: SlugQuest 6.png (28 KB, 600x632)
28 KB
28 KB .png
>>5240091
>>5240093

>"Advance, my minions!"
>Throw Siloë Junior, Lil'L, Crabby of House Urinor and Gabroch Threepwood cylinder
>Throw the crabs at the ones coming towards us

You pop open your secret weapon and fling them at the two closest, who were about to dive down on you. The crabs burst out, and, frustrated from their time spent in the tube, immediately lash out with their tiny claws. They're not strong enough to do any real harm to a Sea Slug, but they're a hell of a lot better at distracting them than a ball of chewed kelp. Both of them are occupied for now.

"Hey! That's the broad who was kicking up a fuss in the first place, bub!"

"Bet she's behind this! Get that bub!"

The two Teal slugs make a beeline straight for Kuni, while the last Purple slams right into you.

Siloë- 9/10 hp, 2/4 Cerata Arrows

Purple leader- 5/10 hp
Purple feral 1- 9/10 hp

>Write-In

Don't worry too much about managing numbers down to the exact figure, it's mostly just for show.
>>
>>5240112
>Fire another arrow at the purple leader

I really hope once he dies the ferals will fuck off so we can help Kuni
>>
>>5240113
+1
>>
>>5240113
>>5240116

>Fire another arrow at the purple leader

You blast another piece of your cerata at him. The bony plate impales the leader right in the face, and he rears back, howling in pain. He starts slithering off, across the long side of the sponge. The crabs are still nipping at him, so he swings his head and catches one in his mouth. Chomp.

While you fire off another arrow, the feral smashes down on you again! You turn your head and see them pounding the hell out of your babe, who's desperately trying to fend them off.

"Help me! Please!"

Siloë- 8/10 hp, 2/4 Cerata Arrows

Purple leader- 1/10 hp
Purple feral 1- 9/10 hp
Teal ruffian 1- 9/10 hp
Kuni- 8/10 hp

>Write-In
>>
File: SlugQuest 7.png (25 KB, 486x608)
25 KB
25 KB .png
>>5240135

I gotta stop forgetting
>>
>>5240136
>Fire an arrow at a teal one
>Charge in to help our babe

I’m going to trust our brave crab soldiers to take off that last hit point
>>
>>5240135
Best save our arrows for when we need them.
>Tackle the feral
>>
Actually do this too. Purple guy strikes me as a pragmatist.

>Threaten to fire another arrow at purple leader unless him and his retards fuck off
>>
>>5240137
+1
>>
File: SlugQuest 8.png (83 KB, 499x648)
83 KB
83 KB .png
>>5240140

>Threaten to fire another arrow at purple leader unless him and his retards fuck off

The leader backs off, not wanting to die today. The crabs were keeping him and his lackey completely busy for a bit, but they're quickly getting rid of them. Only the leader seems to be snatching them up in his mouth. You warn him to fuck off while you attack the teal ruffians. There's plenty more arrows where that came from, you say, which you immediately prove.

>>5240137
>>5240143

>Fire an arrow at a teal one
>Charge in to help our babe

You don't have enough time to slap every one of them, but you prioritise the ones who are attacking your babe. You blast the teal one in the head, and it starts screaming as well.

"AUGH! That's not fair. I'm going to mash you into pulp! You hear me, bub?"

You charge into the fray and take some of their attention off Kuni. The purple feral backs off, while the other four of you continue tackling each other.

Siloë- 7/10 hp, 2/4 Cerata Arrows
Kuni- 7/10 hp

Purple leader- 1/10 hp
Purple feral 1- 9/10 hp
Teal ruffian 1- 5/10 hp
Teal ruffian 2- 9/10 hp

>Write-In
>>
>>5240157
>Fire another one at the teal guy

Once we kill one of the blues we’ll double team the last one.
>>
>>5240157
Ah crap. Wait a second, I made a mistake. Lemme add one part to the update.
>>
File: Naked.png (24 KB, 502x627)
24 KB
24 KB .png
As you fire off one more at the Teal guy, you feel like your body is a lot lighter all of a sudden. You attempt to rattle your cerata, but find that... You don't have any left! You've never felt this naked before. The group of enemies eye you down, noting your distinct lack of ammunition...

One on the plant.

Two on the purple.

One on the Teal.

Siloë- 7/10 hp, 0/4 Cerata Arrows

>Write-In
>>
>>5240172
>Attack the teal one with the arrow stuck in it with Kuni
>Keep threatening the purple leader. Yell REALLY loud at him. He’s hurt so maybe he’ll be too scared to think straight.
>>
>>5240177
+1
>>
No updates tomorrow, btw, away from home all day.
>>
>>5240177
+1

>our babe
I thought you idiots were "just joking"?
>>
File: SlugQuest 9.png (77 KB, 497x574)
77 KB
77 KB .png
>>5240177
>>5240178
>>5240237

>Attack the teal one with the arrow stuck in it with Kuni
>Keep threatening the purple leader. Yell REALLY loud at him. He’s hurt so maybe he’ll be too scared to think straight.

Despite having no ammo, you continue to yell and bluster, seeking to intimidate the terrified leader. You rant and rave about how you'll tackle him into an abyss and fill him with spikes, if he doesn't back off. All the while, you and Kuni both smack the same slug.

"GAH! Alright! Back off, you two!"

The purple ferals pull back, lingering at the edge of the conflict and watching how this plays out. The four of you continue to smack each other, but you and Kuni focus your attention on the Slug that's already near death.

Siloë- 6/10 hp, 0/4 Cerata Arrows
Kuni- 6/10 hp

Teal ruffian 1- 3/10 hp
Teal ruffian 2- 9/10 hp

Smack smack. You keep going...

Siloë- 6/10 hp, 2/4 Cerata Arrows
Kuni- 4/10 hp

Teal ruffian 1- 1/10 hp
Teal ruffian 2- 9/10 hp

The other one still looks healthy, and is despairing over his comrade being near death. One more hit and you can splat him.

>Write-In
>>
>>5240319
>Two ways it can go.
You surrender and leave this space to us, or we toroughly exterminate you. Your call.
>>
>>5240323
>QM said 2/4 Cerata Arrows by messing copy paste. I'll interpret this as favorable to us
>And by the way, we will wreck you. See the points on my back? They're growing back. I can shoot again in a few instant. You are doomed.
>>
>>5240325
FUCK, I just copied and pasted it wrong again, sorry. It's still 0.
>>
>>5240319
>Tell them that you will spare him if they leave
>>
>>5240331
I know, it's a bluff
>>
>>5240319
>Bluff
>>
>>5240319
>Tell healthy teal to surrender or we kill his brother(?). Say it really loud.
>>
Not dead, closing votes. Will update once when I’m home, and then take a nap
>>
File: SlugQuest 10.png (19 KB, 600x600)
19 KB
19 KB .png
>>5240323
>>5240325
>>5240332
>>5240342
>>5240375
>>5240806

>Two ways it can go.
You surrender and leave this space to us, or we toroughly exterminate you. Your call.
>Tell them that you will spare him if they leave
>Tell healthy teal to surrender or we kill his brother(?). Say it really loud.

You let them know that there's only two ways this can end. With them fucking off, or them dead. The Teal fellas take you up on that. It seems that sentient slugs have far more regard for their life.

"Argh! This isn't over, bub!"

"We're outta here, bub!"

The two of them turn tail and flee, wiggling off towards the West and leaving the sponge be. The purple guys still seem hesitant, so you threaten them once again.

>And by the way, we will wreck you. See the points on my back? They're growing back. I can shoot again in a few instant. You are doomed.

"Gah! It's not like we have anywhere else to go! We can't just up and leave, my boys here need this sponge!"

The leader backs away further, fearful of more spikes despite your naked appearance, but his two minions are still in the pink of health. They stay right there as he takes cover, quivering on the other side of the sponge.

>Write-In
>>
>>5242281
>Kuni go distract the mindless ones, I'll attack the leader
>Charge at the leader when we see a chance
>>
>>5242281
Try to negotiate
>>
>>5242281
>Why do you need the sponge?
>>
>>5242296
+1
>>
>>5242281
>>5242296
+1
>>
>>5242296
>>5242392
>>5242447

>Kuni go distract the mindless ones, I'll attack the leader
>Charge at the leader when we see a chance

You instruct Kuni to distract them. She looks extremely worried, but she agrees and slithers forward to get the attention of the first purple. You charge forward and begin crawling onto the sponge, but one of the ferals is in position to intercept you and block you from reaching the leader. The slapping begins anew.

Siloë- 5/10 hp, 0/4 Cerata Arrows
Kuni- 3/10 hp

Purple leader- 1/10
Purple feral 1- 8/10 hp
Purple feral 2- 9/10 hp

>>5242355
>>5242380

>Try to negotiate
>Why do you need the sponge?

As you tackle the feral and try to push past it, you yell at the leader, who still looks like he's in terrible shape. Why the hell does he need the sponge so badly? Surely he won't die over territory, now that he can actually think for himself.

"They're not like you and me! They can't just eat anything. The only thing they're willing to eat is the sponge, they're going to starve to death if we don't claim it. If only you didn't lie about the damn mote..."

>Write-In
>>
>>5242486
>I have a friend who was able to get a mote from the surface, I can introduce you to him if you surrender!
>>
>>5242492
What about a truce? We get back the sponge to my friend there, and we go look for motes for your dude?
>>
>>5242486
>"Wow, so you drove an intelligent slug out, so your two retards could eat? How chivalrous."
>Stab
>>
>>5242586
+1
>>
>>5242586
Kek
>>
File: Stab.png (25 KB, 536x505)
25 KB
25 KB .png
>>5242586
>>5242592

>"Wow, so you drove an intelligent slug out, so your two retards could eat? How chivalrous."
>Stab

You no longer have any capability to stab him. Apart from your penis, but Sea Slugs just don't do that. It's just not cool, and is a universal constant among Sea Slugs. Even the retards. So you just settle for tackling the purple. It's not going very well, however. They have you locked down, and Kuni is in very bad shape...

"Siloë! I can't do this much longer!"

Siloë- 4/10 hp, 0/4 Cerata Arrows
Kuni- 2/10 hp

Purple leader- 1/10
Purple feral 1- 7/10 hp
Purple feral 2- 8/10 hp

>I have a friend who was able to get a mote from the surface, I can introduce you to him if you surrender!
>What about a truce? We get back the sponge to my friend there, and we go look for motes for your dude?

You float the idea of a truce to him, where you'll help him look for motes for his buddies. Ol' Salty did say they float from the surface, so going higher might net you more motes. You still don't quite get what this guy is sperging out about, with the whole feral and food situation. He calls off his cronies momentarily.

"That... Would be acceptable. But I need to leave them right here on the sponge, or they're going to die sooner or later. Look, can't we share it after all? They need it a lot more than you do."

The purple slug turns towards Kuni.

>Write-In
>>
>>5242727
>Why didn't you find an unoccupied sponge?
>>
>>5242727
>Ok fine, they can stay until they become sentient.
>>
>>5242727
>They can stay until they become sentient

We can kill him while he's by himself searching for motes with us if we really wanted desu
>>
>>5242735
im in
>>
File: SlugQuest 12.png (19 KB, 600x600)
19 KB
19 KB .png
>>5242729
>>5242732
>>5242735
>>5242749

>Ok fine, they can stay until they become sentient.
>They can stay until they become sentient

The slug sighs in relief. Slowly, the ferals back down. Good thing he couldn't call your bluff in his wounded state. If he had kept going, he would have been in a position to Splat both you and Kuni, and you wouldn't have been able to finish him off. Your companion turns towards you, looking rather put-off by the compromise, but she stays silent to let you continue negotiating.

>Why didn't you find an unoccupied sponge?

"You must be pretty new here. There's not much in the way of unoccupied spaces. Back before Sea Slugs and other creatures started eating motes, things were normal. At least, I'm sure of it. Everyone kept to the places that could sustain them. But then..."

He turns towards the yellow slug in your party, and wiggles his antennae spitefully.

"Slugs like these started moving where they shouldn't, and denying the spots to others."

That gets her speaking.

"Hey! Why should I have to give up MY home, that I've been in for ages, just because someone 'needs it'? If someone 'needed' to eat you, you'd just let them do it? Your little friends aren't owed it just because it's there."

"Bah! We would have let you stay anyway, you're the one who got uppity about kicking us out!"

"Because it's my home! Mine! I don't trust some random slugs to waltz up and become roommates."

>Write-In
>>
>>5242805
>Let's just hurry up and get those motes. The sooner we get them, the sooner everyone is happy.
>Go east and talk to Ol' Salty and ask for advice about finding motes
>>
>>5242805
>Let's just hurry up and get those motes. The sooner we get them, the sooner everyone is happy.
>>
>>5242810
>But before, let's all take a rest
>>
File: Restup.png (58 KB, 433x377)
58 KB
58 KB .png
>>5242829
>But before, let's all take a rest

You've had your fill of organic detritus earlier, so you have enough food in you to heal up when you rest. You make sure that you force everyone to take a break, so you can regrow your spikes. The rest-time on the sponge is spent in awkward silence, with an air of mistrust evident.
>>
File: Salty.png (55 KB, 761x452)
55 KB
55 KB .png
>>5242810
>>5242828
>>5242829

The three of you wander towards Ol' Salty once you're ready. You still don't know the purple guy's name, but hopefully you won't have to hang around him long.

"Oh... Hello there, Siloe! How did your little venture go?"

Pretty good, you say. You kicked some ass. What you want to know is how to find motes.

"Oh... You want more motes? Ah, you want to get stronger by eating them? Well, you have some gall to ask me that after denying me a second one. But I suppose I can't fault you, when you were feral before that..."

The scallop shakes slightly.

"Well, they come from up above. And we are all bound to the ground, with few exceptions. I've only seen the one with my own eyes, but I've heard that they're less rare in the SEAWEED GROVE. And even the ROCK POOLS."

>Write-In
>>
>>5242883
>Ask where the SEAWEED GROVE is
>>
>>5242883
>Ask directions for ROCK POOLS

Man, so our slug is not only ugly, but a complete bitch. Should say sorry to those blue ones and bring them a new friend :/
>>
>>5242883
> SEAWEED GROVE
>>
>Rock Pools
>>
>>5242883
>Rock Pools
>The plan is to send the cuck on front line, let him die, stockpiles motes for ourself
>>
>>5242996
Good idea
>>
>>5242920
Another case of first girl syndrome, and this time it isnt even a girl its a fucking broken slug
>>
File: Directions.png (16 KB, 654x497)
16 KB
16 KB .png
>>5242895
>>5242969

>>5242920
>>5242974
>>5242996

>SEAWEED GROVE
>ROCK POOLS

"Oh, the grove is just up there! You'll know it when you see it, the stalks are plenty. I reckon the three of you can handle it. The Rock Pools are to the West. Be wary! For the creatures there are powerful. Even three thinking Slugs may not be able to take on them just yet. Though, popping in shouldn't be much harm."
>>
>>5243668
>Seawood Grove

Do we actually want to kill this guy lmao? I'll support it if someone else wants to.
>>
>>5243668
>ROCK POOLS
Sneak and steal.
>>5243670
He dindu noffin, it's our bitch companion that was a twat.
>>
>>5243670
Well, he wants to give motes on boring vanilla-slug Ferals.
Do we accept working for him? For me the plan is to look for motes, and keeps arrows for backstabbing purpose.
>>
>>5243668
Oh, and Seawood grove.
By the way, amazing quest QM. Am >>5242996 phoneposting if this wasn't obvious enough.
>>
>>5243668
>SEAWEED GROVE
>>5243670
I think that at this point having three sentient allies may be useful, remember that the teal guys are still out there and will probably come back.
>>
>>5243722
>>5243723
Evil, hmm. I will go along if we also dump the plum-pie bitch. She used us and hurts my eyes.
>>
>>5243670
>>5243723
>>5243734

>SEAWEED GROVE

((Due to the nature of this vote, I can only pick the top option, rather than trying everything))

You thank Ol' Salty and head further up. Hey, there's a familiar face! The feral you first met is up here now, foraging in the dirt for detritus. Up North, the looming forest casts a shadow over the seabed. Slugs are milling about by the entrance. Kuni and your purple companion follow close behind.

"I've never been into the Grove. I came from the east. Not sure what we'll find in there..."

Kuni glances at the two slugs by the kelp.

"I came here once, but didn't go all the way in. Those types of slug are native, we'll probably meet a lot of them inside."

>Write-In
>>
>>5243759
>try to talk to the slugs
>>
>>5243723
Ah, thank you very much. I’m glad I managed to recover from my initial panicking and sperging over votes. It’s fun to run, and I love sea slugs, so I’m practically swimming in inspiration right now!
>>
>>5243759
>Talk to them
>>
>>5243759
>Tell jelly to take tactical position in the purple coral
he's clearly the ninja
>Talk to the bunny
>>
>>5243759
Try talking to the natives
>>
File: SlugQuest 13.png (90 KB, 752x558)
90 KB
90 KB .png
>>5243810
>Tell jelly to take tactical position in the purple coral
>Talk to the bunny

You get the purple guy to hide in the coral, in case you need him to throw out the element of surprise and overpower the natives. You also head over to the feral Teal who you've had your eyes on. Hey there, beautiful... Damn, she's still ignoring you and looking for detritus. You start chewing on the coral in a rage again.

>>5243761
>>5243781
>>5243822

>Talk to them

Once you're done sperging out, you and Kuni head towards the two natives to speak.

"Who goes there? Ubu."

"None may enter the grove, by orders of the Druid. Ubu."

Seems like they're both sentient, for better or worse. Both of the Nembrotha cristatas move to block your way.

>Write-In
>>
>>5243847
>What does Ubu mean?
>Why not?
>You heard of any motes of awareness being round ere?
>>
>>5243847
>>5243850
+1
>>
>>5243850
Support.
When it fails,
>Violence time. Target left one using our ambushing slug.
>>
File: Whisper.png (7 KB, 563x293)
7 KB
7 KB .png
>>5243850
>>5243853
>What does Ubu mean?

Kuni slithers over to you to whisper.

"Psst. It looks like half the slugs in the ocean have like, some kind of speech impediment. It tells apart species, at least. Y'know how the Teal guys kept saying bub?"

Oh damn. You look back towards them.

>Why not?
>You heard of any motes of awareness being round ere?

"The great Slugsquisher has awoken from its slumber once more, ubu. The Druid has sealed off the Grove. No traveller may enter, lest they incur its wrath and send it on a rage throughout the Seabed. Ubu."

"Motes? Ah, the Motes of Consciousness, ubu. They fall here, sometimes. There is but one, yet it is the property of the Druid, to parcel out as he sees fit. Ubu."

>>5243859
>Violence time. Target left one using our ambushing slug.

You give a signal with your cerata, telling the purple guy to go for the one on the left if you all start fighting.

>Write-In
>>
>>5243862
>Us and Kuni attack right while Purple attacks left

Let's not use more than one arrow here, that Druid sounds like a boss fight. We can just beat the shit out of them.
>>
>>5243864
>Keep arrows as finisher
>Full focus on left one.
I suspect the species to be healer, so we have to focus else we won't do anything in the fight.

Hey QM, is our party made of classless slugs? Do they have any kind of power?
>>
>>5243862
>>5243866
+1
>>
>>5243866
Sure
+1
>>
>>5243866
Better idea :
>Beat some sense into them
>We are sent by higher powers to help the druid banish slugsquisher
>Proceed toward druid
>Recruit as a healer
>Bossfight against Slugsquisher
>>
>>5243866

Ah, right! Forgot to give a party update after the purple joined.

>Siloë Lucas Urinor Gabroch- Alabaster Sea Slug [Ranger]
>Kuni- Goniobranchus kuniei [Slug]
>Bull- Purple Sea Slug [Slug]

Yes, the two of them are classless and have no abilities. Only Siloë is a Ranger.
>>
>>5243872
>Can Kuni evolve into bard with how pretty she is? How does XP work? Only with motes of conciousness?
>>
>>5243875
So far, the conditions for getting any XP haven't been reached yet, so I'll introduce it later. Same with the Motes, I'd like to leave confirmation a mystery for a bit longer.
>>
File: Fight.png (18 KB, 600x600)
18 KB
18 KB .png
>>5243867
>>5243869

>Full focus on left one.

Ah. The way is blocked. You understand, you say.

And then you sock the slug in the face! Kuni follows along and assaults it. The two, obviously, turn hostile and begin assaulting you two. Bull sneaks around them. It'll take him another turn to reach, whereupon he'll hit harder due to the surprise attack, but for now it's just a plain slugfest.

Siloë- 9/10 hp, 4/4 Cerata Arrows
Kuni- 9/10 hp
Bull- 10/10

Nembrother 1- 8/10 hp
Nembrother 2- 10/10 hp

Unless you fire an arrow or shake anything up, the fight will just progress normally until Bull hits the left one.

>Write-In
>>
>>5243903
>Progress
>>
>>5243904
+1
>>
File: Ambush.png (21 KB, 676x369)
21 KB
21 KB .png
>>5243904

Bull sneaks up on him, and tackles him from behind! The slug is taken completely by surprise, and has the absolute tar beaten out of him by the three of you.

Nembrother 1- 3/10 hp
>>
File: Heal.png (27 KB, 708x527)
27 KB
27 KB .png
>>5243912

However, as you all land your hits, a green light flows out from beneath the slug's mantle. It forms a spiky green barrier that encases him for a moment, before shattering with a light tinkling noise. The slug's body looks a lot more stable all of a sudden.

Siloë- 7/10 hp, 4/4 Cerata Arrows
Kuni- 9/10 hp
Bull- 10/10

Nembrother 1- 6/10 hp
Nembrother 2- 10/10 hp

"You ruffians, ubu!"

"What business do you have past here?! We'll stop you with our lives, ubu!"

>Write-In
>>
>>5243914
>Fire an arrow at him after Kuni and Bull beat the shit out of him
>>
>>5243914
>>5243919
+1
>>
>>5243847
>eyes on
>hey there beautiful
>sperging
The fuck? I just like how the blue one looks and would like one on our team. Are you so autistic you think the only anons who like blue slugs now are fucking coomers?
>>5243919
+1
>>
>>5243937
I like the blue one because I want to fuck her
>>
>>5243937
Woah, easy there tiger. I was just making a callback to this >>5238998 and trying to establish a running gag.
>>
>>5243947
My vote had nothing to do with attempting to flirt with that thing, yet you molded it into a coomer joke and replied to me with that shitpost like it was my doing.
>>5243942
...as long as it gets one in our party.
>>
>>5243919
>>5243925
>>5243937

>Fire an arrow at him after Kuni and Bull beat the shit out of him

Kuni and Bull smack the freshly-healed slug around, keeping him off-balance. They each hold him relatively still, allowing you to blast a spike straight into the slug's face!

+4 XP for each party member!

You've killed your first slug! The head of the Grove guardian goes limp, and his body sags pathetically into the dirt. The other slug cries out in despair, and starts slithering upwards to enter the grove.

>XP Acquired!

Sapient Slugs earn XP by killing other forms of sea-life. XP is stored up and may be used to purchase new abilities after reaching specific milestones. Upon consuming a second mote, a slug may also be able to unlock far stronger powers in combination with XP.

>Write-In
>>
>>5243954
I think you're a little too heated about the funni slug quest.
>>
>>5243954
I did that because it's the exact same slug that Siloë attempted to flirt with earlier, so that part of the character has already been established by multiple votes. I apologise for insulting you by framing it that way, it wasn't my intention to attack you.
>>
File: Kill!.png (23 KB, 718x385)
23 KB
23 KB .png
>>5243956
Crap, forgot the image.
>>
>>5243956
>Follow him in
>>
>>5243956
>shoot him and order your companions to attack him
>>
>>5243981
-1 we need to keep arrows
>Follow him in
>Now that we proved our worth, we might be able to help with your slugsquisher situation
>Make Bull go frontline (I still want to backstab him so the Feral are easier to drive out of sponge)
>>
>>5243959
Yes.
>>5243956
>Attempt to intimidate him into letting you through
Save ammunition and HP.
>>
>>5243956
>Sapient Slugs earn XP by killing other forms of sea-life
Does that means we could farm XP by killing plants?
>>5243990
+1 to that one then.
>>
File: SlugQuest 14.png (23 KB, 600x600)
23 KB
23 KB .png
>>5243996
Nah, only actual enemies.

>>5243970
>>5243990
>>5243996

>Attempt to intimidate him into letting you through
>Follow him in

The slug seems plenty intimidated already, by the death of his brother. It seems like they expected to fend the two of you off easily, but the third attacker, as well as your arrows, have completely turned the tide. He's no longer in a position to keep you three out.

You charge in behind him and behold the grove proper. Huge towers of Seaweed take up the landscape, and you can spot dozens of little crustaceans clambering across the stalks. Up ahead, a knot of vines block off the path, and there are split bodies scattered all around. The Nembrother calls for help, and the two additional guards take notice.

>Write-In
>>
>>5244013
>Tell him to keep his friends distracted as we proceed to the west
>>
>>5244013
>Shoot one of them while Kuni and Bull take position in front of you to block

Looks like not using our arrows here is out the window
>>
Going to bed, next update will be quite far away. Got work in the morning, but will be back in the evening my time. About 20 hours or so?
>>
>>5244065
Ah, right. In the meantime, if there's any specific slugs you guys think look cool, feel free to post a picture with their scientific name. I've got a couple more already drawn, but I'd like more inspiration on slugs to keep in reserve for future areas.
>>
>>5244068
Nice quest OP not sure why theres actual butthurt over it
>>
>>5244079
Forgot
Leaf Slug (Elysia Chlorotica)
>>5244042
+1, we just killed that guys brot
>>
>>5244013
>Try to bullshit our way out of the fight as we're sent to help the druid deal with slugsquisher but the guard didn't understood nor communicated the first time
>When that doesn't work, send the pink one front line
>>
>>5244042
+1