[3 / an / cgl / diy / gd / i / n / out / p / po / qst / s4s / t / trv / vip / vm / vmg / w / wg / wsr / ] [Settings]
Board
Settings Home
/qst/ - Mitsuba Archive

File: 3135.png (521 KB, 1000x800)
521 KB
521 KB .png
Last time you decided to bring down the restaurant ‘The Modern Flavor’ that permanently kicked you out by having your own food cart with the same menu right outside and stealing all their clientele. This plan has absolutely no holes and is not not petty at all. Chio, your date that was also prohibited from ever stepping foot inside again, and Crossbill, who was fired as a waitress for stealing stuff (which she did), are part of this too. You have everything you need: the food cart, the ingredients, and the cookware!

Your associates now know that you got the food, so the plan is ready to go underway! Everyone is pleased with each other's efforts, there are smug smiles on everyone’s faces, all determined to make this work.

As you put your apron on, you realize there are two unsolved problems your group needs to address: What shall be the food cart’s name? (Chio is dying to make a sign!) And, how are you going to get clients?

You’re the main cook and will be too busy prepping the food. So it’ll depend on those two to get customers and do whatever other idea you come up with.

What will be the Food Cart’s name?

>The Brimstone Path.
>The Vache Heureusse.
>La Bova Happé.
>Better than the Fat guy’s.
>Nautical Nariko.
>Write in.

How do you get customers?

>Ask Crossbill to sneak inside the restaurant to switch the orders around, so they go to the wrong tables! Eventually, the ones leaving will be hungry enough to eat here. Disgruntled clients will serve as the base of your customers.
>Send Chio and Crossbill to promote the Food Cart through the streets nearby.
>Find a better place to stay with more people walking around. You’ll make this Food Cart work no matter what!
>Write In.
>>
File: Info34.png (369 KB, 1280x720)
369 KB
369 KB .png
>>5240903

Information:

Twitter: https://twitter.com/QM91m
Discord: https://discord.gg/AmjbaTR
Archives: http://lws.thisisnotatrueending.com/qstarchive.html?searchall=do+your+best+quest
(Rough Grammar ‘till half of the 9th Thread)
Incomplete Guide: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-nIx_dvaNCPQ7zLg2BK_ucCyGNM741kAANxqXj7hdDs/edit?usp=sharing

Votes:

Votes are counted until 25 minutes have passed. This rule doesn't apply to the last reply of the day.
Votes that require a dice roll are counted until 15 minutes have passed, so we can speed up the process. Rolls are counted until 10 minutes have passed, so be prepared!

(NEW) Dice Mechanic:

We always roll 1d100s!
Since most people weren’t happy with the system of averaging top four rolls, we’re using best of 2/3/4 depending on the attribute a prompt requires. If Johnny is a genius and it’s a Knowledge based roll, he gets more rolls (Max. 7)! If he sucks, he gets less dice (Min. 2)!

When asked for rolls, I will specify how many you’re going to get. Rolling begins after it’s asked.

Rolling 100 is a critical! There are no Critical Failures anymore!

The difficulty of the roll is tied with the effectiveness of the action. In other words, the harder the option the better the result!

Don’t forget that at the end of the day, this is a story-driven quest! What the prompts are describing is more important than the difficulty of the rolls, for results in a fight.

Again, rolls are only counted when they are posted within ten minutes of being asked, so watch out!
>>
>>5240903
>>Nautical Nariko.
>Ask Crossbill to sneak inside the restaurant to switch the orders around, so they go to the wrong tables! Eventually, the ones leaving will be hungry enough to eat here. Disgruntled clients will serve as the base of your customers.
>>
>>5240903
>La Bova Happé.
>>
>>5240903
>Better than the Fat guy’s.
>>
>>5240903
>>The Brimstone Path.
>>
>>5240903
>La Bova Happé.
>>
>>5240903
>Nautical Nariko.
>>
>>5240905
>Nautical Nariko.
No one will get that joke but us.
>Ask Crossbill to sneak inside the restaurant to switch the orders around, so they go to the wrong tables! Eventually, the ones leaving will be hungry enough to eat here. Disgruntled clients will serve as the base of your customers
>>
>>5240903
>Nautical Nariko.
>>
File: 3136.png (372 KB, 800x640)
372 KB
372 KB .png
“How about we call this food cart the Nautical Nariko?” You tap the bad boy to show you’re serious. “Since we’re serving seafood and stuff.”

“I do think it’s a lovely name. But didn’t you confuse me with someone named that?” Chio is bothered by it.

“Huh, ya know, I don’t think the details matter.” You wink at Chio to pretend this has something to do with you being from the future so she can drop the issue!

“Why are you winking at me in that disturbing manner? Did Charlotte do something to your glasses?” Chio didn’t get the idea at all.

“I cleaned them for him!” Crossbill is irritated by Chio’s comment. She’s obviously lying. “Do tell, who is this Nariko?”

“Like I said, the details don’t matter. It’s just a cute name, I think.” You diminish the topic’s importance.

“Ooooh, It’s your ex. Got it.” Crossbill gets it horribly wrong! Nariko is just your hobo!

“Pardon me?!” Chio is gobsmacked by this supposed revelation!

“I’ll never name something for those reasons.” To be fair, the Nautical Nina has a good ring to it...

“Y-You’re interested in me because I look like your ex?!” Chio can’t let this be.

“That’s gotta sting.” Crossbill chuckles. She’s the worst bestie ever!

“You two are just horribly wrong. Nariko is just a good friend of mine from where I come from!” You glare at Chio so she gets a clue. She seems to have realized what’s going on. “And since Chio liked the name when I confused her, I thought it’d be fitting. Happy? Can we move on?” You had to clear things up to hope for some calm.

“Y-Yes, that’ll suffice.” Chio understands now why you are trying to change topics.

“Hmm, I don’t buy it, Knockout.” Despite nicknaming herself after a bird, Crossbill is a terrible wingwoman!

“It’s natural that you don’t buy anything, you’re just a petty criminal.” Chio retorts with some spice.

“Stop calling me a petty criminal, you boofhead!” Crossbill is tired of being called out.

“I’m absolutely NOT a boofhead!” Chio acts offended.

“Cut it out, you two, please. We’re friends!” You get in the middle of both boofheads. “Anyway, are you in favor of my stupid name or not?”

Chio and Crossbill both nod…
>>
File: 3137.png (318 KB, 800x640)
318 KB
318 KB .png
>>5241037

“Okay, then, Crossbill, I have a plan…” You explain to the petty bird criminal your master plan to get clients! Crossbill will infiltrate the restaurant to switch the orders around, so they go to the wrong tables! The disgruntled clientele will be your customers. “How is it?”

“Smart idea, Bestie.” Crossbill smirks from ear to ear. She’ll have an act of more direct revenge like she originally wanted. “Time to rock…” The darkness consumes the bird away…

“I-I only agreed because I truly believe your word that this Nariko is just a mere friend of yours…” Chio reveals as she continues working on the sign. It looks finished! She’s fast!

“I’m not lying.” You begin prepping the ingredients.

“As I said, I’m certain you speak the truth!” Chio means it! “Now let’s end this conversation!”

How do you respond?

>“I do find it funny how jealous you’re getting.” Tease the mother cow.
>“Aww, but I like talking to you…” It’s not like prepping food needs all of your attention.
>“Yes, ma’am!” Agree and smile. Chio will be happy with you being more obedient.
>Write In.
>>
>>5241041
>>“I do find it funny how jealous you’re getting.” Tease the mother cow.
>>
>>5241041
>>“Aww, but I like talking to you…” It’s not like prepping food needs all of your attention.
Gentle tease is best tease.
>>
>>5241041
>“Yes, ma’am!” Agree and smile. Chio will be happy with you being more obedient.
Cows like dogs you know
>>
>>5241041
>“I do find it funny how jealous you’re getting.” Tease the mother cow.
>>
>>5241041
>>
File: 3138.png (289 KB, 800x640)
289 KB
289 KB .png
“I do find it funny how jealous you’re getting.” You start teasing the future mother of two Narikos.

“J-Jealous?! Ridiculous! I’m a confident woman who’s going to take the art world by storm! How can someone like me be jealous of some stranger…?” Chio loses her marbles over hinting that she might be a little insecure.

“That’s what makes it funny.” You don’t take it seriously.

“Are you calling me over the top?” Chio did that herself, but no, that’s not what you’re saying.

“I’m calling you a bit silly in good fun. There’s nothing wrong with being silly every once in a while, remember?” You remind Chio she doesn’t have to try hard. Maybe spending time with Crossbill reset her mindset.

“Hmph, you take those words to heart in excess.” Chio is now calling you silly! How petty!

“You know what words you should take to heart? How much I like teasing you.” You chuckle as you chop down the food.

“Y-You’re unbelievable.” Chio rolls her eyes, annoyed.

“But don’t be jealous, Chio. It’s all fine, really. How could I not like being around you?” You get closer to tease her more.

“I-Indeed, you’ve said as much repeatedly. I wouldn’t mind hearing it more...” Chio is fishing for even more compliments. “Anyway, jealousy never crossed my mind. That’s something your pesky little mind came up with on its own! Like this substandard name…” Chio shows you the sign for the Nautical Nariko! “How is it?”

“As wonderful as I knew you’d do it.” You nod.

“N-Naturally, your expectations were met!” Chio nods, very proud of herself.
>>
File: 3139.png (228 KB, 800x640)
228 KB
228 KB .png
>>5241153

“Lemme hang it up…” You put it over the Food Cart. “Perfect! Nice job, Chio!”

“As I said, it was never in doubt.” Chio is loving this attention.

“Hey, lovebirds! I thought you’d be kissing by now, but my bestie doesn’t seem to have any game!” Crossbill is back as the terrible Wingwoman she is! “Nice sign! Pops out and everythin’! Good work, Edamura.”

“Thank you, Charlotte. It couldn’t have gone any other way.” Chio loves getting praised.

“You’re all about standing out, aren’t ya?” Crossbill giggles. “We still need to make more signs, so the customers know what’s up. Put the menu standouts and the prices.”

“Hmph, I already know that.” Chio starts working on what’s next.

After a few minutes, the first row of annoyed clients came out of the restaurant, the first one didn’t even turn his head your way. A couple thought about eating here, but the woman deemed this place ‘too tacky’. But another couple decides to give you a shot! Crossbill is acting as the de facto cashier/waitress, Chio is aiding the kitchen as your new Wilma replacement. Tomato for Tomato, an equivalent exchange...

You need to gain the customers' love to start growing! And to grow to be a pain to the Modern Flavor! This is the first and most important step of the Nautical Nariko!

What do you do?

>Offer the meal for free! Create some goodwill with the clients!
>Tell Crossbill to act all charming! She seems charismatic enough to be likable to the clients!
>Ask them what happened that made them leave the building. Maybe the loud complaints will deter new clients from entering the Modern Flavor.
>Just do what you do best, and that’s cooking! The quality of your food will speak for itself.
>Write In.

(Last Reply of the Day, we return on Monday!)
>>
>>5241155
>>Just do what you do best, and that’s cooking! The quality of your food will speak for itself.
>>
>>5241155
>Ask them what happened that made them leave the building. Maybe the loud complaints will deter new clients from entering the Modern Flavor.
>>
>>5241162
Adding more to this, we can try poaching some employee's from Modern Flavor.
>>
>>5241162
>>5241165
Supporting.
>>
>>5241155
Backing this>>5241162
>>5241165
Lets rip this guy a new one, with his own employee's!
>>
>>5241162
+1
>>
>>5241155
>>Just do what you do best, and that’s cooking! The quality of your food will speak for itself.
>>
>>5241155
>Just do what you do best, and that's cooking!
>>
Aah, I think maybe I see how this arc is going to end.

I think that we're going to end up having to ask Wilma whether she'll come back with us into our world where she's miserable and has had a miserable life...but can help us, or stay here where she and her friends are happy.

That's kind of perfect theming for her arc too. Going from being so miserable she relinquished her body to a Flame to willingly going back to face the misery, to help us and her other new friends.

Or do I have it all wrong?
>>
>>5243332
I can't say for sure but it's some good speculation. Only real problem I can see with it is that this Wilma we currently know and the Wilma in the future aren't necessarily the same so I'm not sure if it would play out like that. Still, glad to see people thinking about stuff like this whether they're right or wrong
>>
>>5243378
I'm pretty sure it was stated that the Wilma here and the Wilma there...shared the same soul or something? I think San said it.
>>
File: 3140.png (423 KB, 1200x640)
423 KB
423 KB .png
The plan is first and foremost to make the Modern Flavor pay for ruining the night for you three, so taking away as many customers as possible is the top priority. You’re going to sink them! And what’s a better way to destroy a place’s reputation than a bunch of bad reviews being broadcasted? You’re going to ask your new clients why they decided to ditch their reservation to eat here!

It works like a charm! The middle aged couple had no qualms about airing their grievances, especially because it’s not the first time something like this happened. They complained about how the Modern Flavor doesn’t treat its own regulars well even if the manager does what he can to accommodate, how they disregarded their roots, and they don’t think about the locals. The few people who were hesitant about entering the restaurant ended up not choosing to get in.

Though, the couple is loud and they might’ve scared potential customers, well, until another disappointed customer leaving the Modern Flavor joined their bickering. Then another one joined… And another one… It kept going until all the space around the cart was filled to the brim.

Thankfully, one of your clients is a pond fisherman that sells his merchandise on his own stand at the biweekly Grocery Fair (every Tuesday and Thursday at the Shopping District), who decided to aid the Nautical Nariko by expanding it! He installed a tent, and put down some plastic tables and chairs for future clients. The thing has light bulbs! Pretty sweet! He said he always sides with the underdogs, and he’s disappointed with what the Modern Flavor did to his fish. You weren’t planning on taking the business to the next level, but here you are. Though, your ‘regulars’ preferred eating on the cart, all cramped…

This created a dozen problems with more clients showing up! The dishes are piling up, the orders are stacking, and addressing each new customer is taking its time. It’s a logistical nightmare. With the workload embiggening, you proposed to pouch some of the employees from your rival place.

“Poach them? They aren’t going to come.” Crossbill is the harbinger of bad news!

“Why not?” You ask as you make your magic, one that would make Bruna proud!

“T-This place isn’t CotF certified, you get no credits for working here.” Crossbill finds having to explain this to you a lil’ bit perplexing. “Why else would anyone enslave themselves in that dump otherwise?”

“There’s a clause that any business owned by members of the program is automatically considered government certified and eligible for credits. They never intended for this part of the law to be applied as it’s virtually impossible for one of us to own any type of property, but it was written down to feign goodwill.” Chio points out as she cleans the dishes as fast as she can. “It was a pipe dream of mine to create my own by selling my paintings and employing my sisters.”
>>
File: 3141.png (247 KB, 800x640)
247 KB
247 KB .png
>>5243456

A couple of the clients confirm what Chio is saying. Hell, one of them will help with the paperwork as long as the place stays open. It isn’t as easy as just starting a business out of thin air, so this helps immensely! You three awkwardly thank the good woman for her help!

“Well, there you have it!” You can steal employees! Though, you think it’s illegal…

“In that case… Hey! Big Ben! I know you were listenin’! Join us!” Crossbill is as subtle as a woodpecker. “Deal with the dishes and welcome aboard!”

“I hope not to cause much trouble.” It’s the Giant (for a middleschooler) Guard Middleschooler! He adjusts his glasses and walks over from near the entrance of the Modern Flavor. Crossbill lets you know his name is Benjamin.

“Nah, friend, you’re welcome here.” You smile. Benjamin is a neat kid even if he’s 3 times the size of one.

“Thank you, Cohen was more than right. You're a really cool guy.” Big Ben seems stuck with the Cohen thing. “I’m surprised you came over to this place. Your food is better.”

“Marginally.” Chio has made a lot of progress, but your food is not something she will agree to openly praise any time soon. She gets booed by your regulars “D-Don’t boo me!”

“Boofhead.” Crossbill chuckles.

“Enough!” Chio goes back to working as your assistant. But it doesn’t mean work is going swiftly…

Nobody said being an entrepreneur is easy…

What do you do?

>Steal more Employees from the Modern Flavor. It’ll probably cause a scene if all of them quit though.
>Call Annette again and request Booze! The clients are demanding refreshments, and that’s the part you didn’t think twice about. Though, drunks are not easy to deal with.
>Work twice as hard! You’ll be exhausted after this, but it’ll be all worth it!
>Downsize! This was too much to handle for your crew!
>Write In.
>>
>>5243460
>>Call Annette again and request Booze! The clients are demanding refreshments, and that’s the part you didn’t think twice about. Though, drunks are not easy to deal with.
>>
>>5243460
>Call Annette again and request Booze! The clients are demanding refreshments, and that’s the part you didn’t think twice about. Though, drunks are not easy to deal with.
>>
>>5243460
>>
File: 3142.png (150 KB, 800x640)
150 KB
150 KB .png
Well, a lot of people here have complained about the selection of drinks, so It's better if you address this problem! Hopefully, Annette can provide you with the goods once again! Hell, you have money to cover the cost now, so it’s better for her! With Chio filling your post for a little bit, you make your way to the phone booth to make another key call.

Annette is overjoyed to hear your voice once again! Your request has her unprepared, but she says she’ll find a way to get everything you need and hangs up. She was so excited. You wonder if it’s normal for someone to cut off phone calls as quickly as she does? Maybe she knows phone booths are expensive and wants you to save money! What a great gal she is!

You run back to the Nautical Nariko to find everything running well still, except for one messy guest willing to cause a commotion.

“Hey, hey, hey. What in the cold hell is this place?” That’s the fat Manager of the lousy place, Dustin! He seems confused by your beautiful food fish-bovine mobile.

“I know this might be a rare sight for you but this is called a successful business.” Chio has snark to spare.

“And these are happy employees! Woah! What a concept!” Crossbill grabs your new right hand man by the neck and smiles! You need a left hand.

“Smartasses.” The manager is immediately displeased by the answers he’s receiving.

“You. Stop saying that.” You exclaim as you reclaim your spot behind the kitchen.

“You shut up, racoon face. I have a new concept for ya lot: Health Hazard. This whole thing is one minefield for a health inspector. Don’t make me call the authorities and get out.” The Manager is playing dirty. He gets booed by your patrons. “Don’t boo me, I’m right. When ye fall sick, don’t blame me.”

“Wrong. We meticulously cleaned every corner of this aesthetically pleasing looking food cart.” Chio did spend a lot of time making sure the cart was clean.

“That’s for the authorities to decide! I betcha don’t have a permit to run this place.” Fat Dustin is a man who never smiles.

“We do. Look.” Crossbill grabs a piece of paper clinging on the cart. It’s a permit to run the food cart! But it’s not under your name, and you can assure it isn’t on the older owner’s name either… “Anything to say now, Slimeball?”

“You illegally poached my employees as well. What’s up with that?” Dustin is trying to build a case by whatever means he has.

“Y-You fired me.” Crossbill is in awe at the stupidity of the Modern Flavor’s employee.

“I meant the fat kid.” He has no right to call anyone fat…

“I’m a strongman, sir.” Big Ben adjusts his glasses. You approve. You megane folks need to stick together.

“Don’t blame me, son. Yer built like a barrel, and the only thin’ inside you is tears.” Dustin doesn’t regret it one bit.
>>
>>5243608

“I thought you didn’t need CotF scum.” It’s your turn to throw some shit at him!

“I work with what the new owner hands me, smartass.” Dustin shakes his head. “Still, very much illegal. Stop stealin’ my customers and close this place down, or you’re gonna see my less pleasant side. No more Mr. Nice Manager. That’s my final offer. Now barrel, come with me.”

How do you respond?

>“I’m pretty sure the police are too busy to handle this little quarrel. It’s better if you offer a better service than wasting your time here squabbling with us.” You won’t close the Nautical Nariko!
>“Okay, we’ll close down…” Lament that the Manager has outwit you and… what the hell, why are you quitting?!
>“This is my counter offer to all your employees: a better work environment and a slightly better pay! Switch now!” Hostile takeover time!
>Write In.
>>
>>5243612

Also, Last Reply of the Day, we continue tomorrow! Sorry for the shorter session.
>>
>>5243612
>Get the lady who helped with the paperwork and see if you can build a case against him.
>Then pull a fast one on him by calling the health inspector on both of you.
>>
>>5243623
Supporting
>>
>>5243623
I think Crossbill just scribbled the paper into looking like a certificate.

Let's just call Zullekom, get the big guns out here to show him what's what.
>>
>>5243612
this>>5243623