[3 / an / cgl / diy / gd / i / n / out / p / po / qst / s4s / t / trv / vip / vm / vmg / w / wg / wsr / ] [Settings]
Board
Settings Home
/qst/ - Mitsuba Archive

File: fire.jpg (63 KB, 1280x720)
63 KB
63 KB .jpg
You see flames. They reach up to the outside of your window, and you rush to close it shut; it is however too late, as in mere moments the room is already alight. The fire spreads from wall to ceiling with frightening speed, until it finally envelops the doorway. You are trapped.
The blazes start to lick at your feet, leaving a few short moments to act before the inferno devours you too. You open your mouth to scream.

Then you wake up.

Or at least, sort of wake up. Your vision is blurry and unfocused, and sounds are muffled like coming through earplugs. You feel sluggish, and efforts to move your limbs are met with some mysterious resistance that nullifies all (admittedly weak) attempts at movement. You realize that you’re lying down on a cold, smooth surface.
As if in response to your wriggling you see two, or maybe three, figures moving to the right and left of you. Perhaps they are saying something, but you are too confused to understand anything.
Most importantly, all of this is happening in a small room flooded with cold, pale artificial light. This is not your room, and while thankfully not on fire, you have absolutely no idea where you are.
You…

>Wait for your senses to return to normal and take in your surroundings.

>Struggle to free yourself from whatever is holding you down.

>Call out for help.

>Other
>>
>Wait for your senses to return to normal and take in your surroundings.
>>
>>5241666
>>Struggle to free yourself from whatever is holding you down.
>>
>>5241666
>>Struggle to free yourself from whatever is holding you down.
>>
You try to jerk your arms upwards, but they are apparently bound at the wrist to the surface you are currently lying on. Your legs are similarly restrained at the ankles. The two figures closest to you move away.
The constraints are very rigid, so most likely not rope. If you want to trash hard to break them, roll 1d100.
>>
Rolled 57 (1d100)

>>5241694
>>
Rolled 33 (1d100)

>>5241694
>>
Rolled 5 (1d100)

>>5241694
>>
>>5241729
You muster all of the strength you can manage and pull with your limbs. The metallic manacles groan with stress and twist right off with a clang. You have but one fleeting moment to wonder at your ability to break metal: a sudden impact jostles the inside of the room, tossing you off the table(?) and onto the ground. You can now move.

You still feel dizzy and your eyes are still adjusting, but can now hear somewhat normally. A series of steps is approaching you, and someone shouts: “Hold him down! Prepare another dose of sedative!”

You can also hear a loud, continuous hum.It sounds like an engine of some kind.

FYI, I use roll-under. The number to roll under, in this case, was 30.
>>
>>5241745
You now...

>Attempt to get up as fast as possible and run away/fight off anyone that comes near

>Roll onto your back and try to get a good look around

>Other
>>
Rolled 50 (1d100)

I try to charge the person approaching me, even if I can't still see much, just following the sound of steps.
>>
>>5241749
+1
>>
>>5241749
>>5241756
You get up on your feet and charge (more like quickly stumble) towards the figure you now see rushing you. After colliding you get to take a decent look at him: a man with a helmet and dark, heavy clothing. You can’t see well enough to appreciate his features.
You may be strong enough to bend steel, but it’s obvious that he’s faster and better prepared: you get grabbed by the shoulders and tripped back on the table; at least you manage to remain upright, only sorta awkwardly half-sitting on the edge.

“Sedate him!” The man bellows.

Your vision is getting better as well, as you catch movement with the corner of your eye: there are two other people closing in. One is clad in similarly dark and bulky clothing as your opponent, the other is dressed in white and wears what appears to be a facemask; he gives you the impressions of a surgeon.
You spot another white figure standing still in the far corner, some 6 feet (2 meters) away from you.

>Fight off your opponent by punching him, then retreat as far as the room allows.

>Try to spin him around and hold him as a shield between you and the others.

>Struggle out of his grasp and throw yourself at the farthest person.

>Other
>>
>>5241790
>other
>Let out an ear piercing shriek
>>
Rolled 83, 66 = 149 (2d100)

>>5241813
You scream as loudly as you can. The sound reverberates in the small space and the guy in front of you recoils in surprise, but only for a brief moment. The next second he’s trying his hardest to push you down on the metal table, helped by his buddy. The one looking like a medic stands by, holding something small in his hand…

Roll 1d100 to resist.
>>
>>5241790
>>Try to spin him around and hold him as a shield between you and the others.
>>
Rolled 65 (1d100)

>>5241824
>>
File: smg on sling.jpg (57 KB, 1024x683)
57 KB
57 KB .jpg
>>5241828
You BARELY manage to stay upright. Your two assailants are having difficulty manhandling you, even with their numerical advantage: they are trying to immobilize your arms while pushing down on your shoulders, but your flailing is making things hard.

You can see mostly clearly now. They are wearing heavy, dark-grey winter jackets, that much is obvious, but what startles you are the weapons dangling at their sides by slings: two small but menacing rifles. Thankfully, they seem more inclined to try and keep you still than shooting you full of holes. For now.

The medic, in the meanwhile, is trying to cut between the tangle of arms to jab you with a syringe. A rather big one, full of clear liquid. The other medic is still standing in the corner, hesitating.

Even in the blur of the moment, you notice two oddities:
1) You are wearing a medical patient gown.
2) You arms seem to sport some big, black spots. Or scabs, you can’t tell yet.

>Go for one of the guns! (You have never used one in your life)

>Go for the syringe. (harder to grab than the guns)

> Other
>>
>>5241857
>>Go for the syringe. (harder to grab than the guns)
>>
>>5241869
You try to reach beyond the two grunts to grab the good doctor’s wrist.

roll 1d100.
>>
Rolled 83 (1d100)

>>5241883
>>
Rolled 58 (1d100)

>>5241903
Nothing: your fingers veer dangerously close to the needle’s tip, then your arm is grabbed by one of the men and held out for the injection. The doctor goes in for the jab…

(You may still try to do something while he attempts to inject you)
>>
>>5241915
You feel a sharp pain as the needle pricks you in the arm. Only a quarter of the syringe's content finds its way into you before your struggling breaks off the needle, though.

Sorry for the delay, IRL stuff to do.
>>
>>5242022

This is a slow board, so you can take your time.
>>
>>5242064
Yeah, it's just that I had roll results to write out and it was very simple. Thanks for the understanding.

No more delays until I go to bed now, am ready for player input.
>>
>>5242022
Try screaming again but this time closer to the doctors ears
>>
Rolled 27, 58, 23, 93 = 201 (4d100)

>>5242094
You lean towards the doctor and scream again, hoping to maybe catch him by surprise. He flinches, swears and stumbles backwards; other than that, there are no further effects.

You feel a bit dizzy, probably as a result of the injection. The grunts try to push you down on the table again, but before they can put any real efforts into it another impact shakes the room. It's much more violent than the last one.

>Try to keep your balance (roll 1d100)

>Let yourself fall to the floor, one or both assailants along with you

>Other
>>
Rolled 70 (1d100)

>>5242108
>>Try to keep your balance (roll 1d100)
>>
Rolled 2 (1d3)

You brace yourself to stay on your feet, but one of the men grabbing you crashes to the corrugated metal floor, dragging both of you down. Another thud behind the table, accompanied by a pained yelp, signals that the cowering doctor was also swept off his feet. A multitude of small items, almost all of them medical supplies, rains down upon you. Among the collection are some sharp scalpel blades, which cut you up a bit. (1d3 damage)

A moment of silence follows - you realize that the hum you heard until now has ceased.

The thug that managed to stay upright pounds on the walls. “Why the hell are we stopping?!” As a response, you hear a peculiar noise outside: someone is having fun with either a bunch of firecrackers, or with automatic firearms. Given the situation, you wouldn’t bet on the former.

The hum of the engine (you’re fairly sure it’s an engine by now) roars back to life one last time, then falls silent. A few moments later a hail of bullets pierces the wall, shredding the space you were standing in ten seconds ago. All you hear now is shooting and screaming; the body of your other opponent falls lifelessly at your feet, the syringe-happy doctor following right on top of him, filled with holes.

You can still hear someone screaming: it is not you nor the bastard that you fell along with, so you guess the other medic is still alive.

The remaining thug, still on the floor, is noisily fumbling with something behind you.

>lay down flat on the floor and make yourself as small a target as possible.

>rummage through the stuff on the floor to look for a weapon.

>turn around to look at whatever the guy behind you is doing.

>Other (remember that original player choice and/or RP is encouraged, and rewarded when applicable. It makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside.)
>>
>>5242201
>other
>search for a door and try to escape
>>
>>5242206
Would you like to stand up first or search while crawling?
>>
>>5242220

Search and crawl
>>
>>5242233
You start looking for a way out of this mess. It isn't hard, really: the closest side of the rectangular room sports a rather obvious double door, not unlike the ones found in shipping containers. Except this one also has handles on the inside, thankfully.

Now, the only thing standing between you and probable freedom is the angry armed dude behind you. Also, you would like to avoid getting your head blown off a lead storm if you stand up at the wrong time.

What do you do?
>>
>>5242275
Grab one of the scalpels that fell on us and drive it into the other guy as hard as we can.
>>
>>5242275
Grab one of the scalpels that fell on us and drive it into the other guy as hard as we can.
>>
File: scalpel.png (154 KB, 615x300)
154 KB
154 KB .png
>>5242285
>>5242282
You discreetly grab a scalpel from the floor, then roll on your side while stabbing as hard as you can...

roll 1d100 to see how (and if) the strike connects.
>>
Rolled 42 (1d100)

>>
>>5242602
Your blind stab finds its target: after a brief resistance, the sharp surgical blade sinks down in the man’s stomach. A small stream of blood immediately runs down the handle and onto your hands.

Raising your eyes, you are met with a dumbfounded stare. He opens his mouth as if to say something, then he closes it yet again. One of his hands immediately runs to put pressure on the wound; the other is tugging at something stuck under his body. Following the movement, you see he’s grasping at the grip of his weapon, which seems to have gotten pinned under him after he fell.

You think it would be best to hide behind something before he points that thing at you.

Rolling 1d2 for upcoming events.
>>
Rolled 1 (1d2)

>>5242625
Am retarded, forgot roll.
>>
I throw myself onto his body, pinning him to the ground. I stab his stomach again and again, while I keep his arms still with my knees.
>>
Rolled 62 (1d100)

>>5242629
Roll for it.
>>
Rolled 65 (1d100)

>>
>>5242821
You draw backwards, crouch, and toss all your weight upon your hapless victim. You easily pin his weapon arm under your knee (seeing as he already did half the job himself by trying to recover the firearm stuck underneath his body) and do likewise with the other one.

The scalpel is brought down three times: the first stab to the abdomen is marked by a shriek from the dark-clothed man, the second by a gurgle, and the last one is accompanied by silence. Adrenaline has momentarily robbed you of all sense of guilt or mercy, and when the blade is raised a fourth time for the coup-de-grace you almost filter out the groan of the heavy door opening behind you. Almost, but not quite.

>Turn around.

>Finish off you opponent.

>Other
>>
>>5242989
>Finish off your opponent
>>
>>5242989
>Turn around.
>>
>>5243095
The scalpel plunges one last time in the man’s throat, causing his last breath to come out as a peculiar wheeze. For a brief moment of clarity, you stare at your own bloody hands, taking in the enormity of having ended a life.

Then your world flips upside down as you are lifted off your feet from behind and get pushed against the ceiling. It’s as if a gigantic hand is seizing you with titanic strength.
Only you can’t actually see any arm or feel any fingers. Just an overwhelming pressure against your back, pushing you upwards.

You hear someone entering the room, bringing a sudden gust of cold air in with them. A small, pitiful whimper finds its way to your ears, and you assume the second doctor is still alive and somewhat well in his corner. You awkwardly turn your head, cheek against the metal ceiling, to at least steal a sidelong glance at the new arrival.

“That one’s still alive. Shut him up and bring him to the van.” The voice belongs to a head of black hair (that’s all you can see, stuck as you are), and is unmistakably a woman’s. The man accompanying her (bald head) nods with a grunt and starts towards the medic.

Black Hair then raises her face to look at you. She’s young (you would put her at twenty years old) with a round face and dark, slightly upturned eyes. She whistles.

“Fuck me. Jules, look at that. It’s a type one.”

You have no idea what she means. You have also no time to ponder her words, as the pressure behind your back disappears and you land back down on the metal table, exactly where you started this confusing journey.

The girl peers down on you, with a surprised expression on her face. Then her thin lips curve in a devilish smile.
“I guess this is your welcome to Alaska, buddy. You’re lucky we found you.”
>>
>>5243145
>"WHAT THE FUCK?! WHO THE FUCK ARE YOU?!"
>>
>>5243145
>rip her skull out
>>
>>5243173
>>5243309
really leaning into the murder hobo thing huh
>>
>>5243145
>"Alaska? Fuck, shoulda just let them kill me."
>>
>>5243145
>>"Alaska? Fuck, shoulda just let them kill me."
>>
>>5243548
>>5243538
+1

>>5243341
I was going more for adrenaline rush confusion
>>
>>5243538
>>5243548
>>5243593
She raises her eyebrow, clearly not expecting a joke in your situation, but then chuckles.

"It isn't that bad. We've got snow and a whole lot of nothing, and the snow's melting."

She takes half a step back and offers you a gloved hand to get up.

"Name's Amy, by the way."

Her partner in crime walks over to the other side of the table, carrying a gagged, weakly struggling doctor on his shoulders.

"Let's get outta here 'fore they figure cargo's not coming." He speaks quickly, practically beginning voicing the next word before the previous is over. He then steps out the door.

"We can keep chatting in the van. Maybe get you cleaned up. You look like a mess."

She flexes her finger, as if inviting you to grab her hand.
>>
>I drag myself off the table, I stand up, but I refuse her hand. Instead, I lightly slap it away and I ask:
- Usually I would accept, but my mum taught me not to trust strangers, so... why should I go with you? -
>>
>>5243835
You clumsily stand up, and gently hit her extended hand with yours.

“Usually I would accept, but my mum taught me not to trust strangers, so... why should I go with you?”

She stares at you, clearly annoyed.

“Well, if you like the prospect of being stuck on the highway at 27 degrees with nothing but that cute little gown, be my guest. Also, this place will be swarming in corporate goons in a few hours at most. But I guess they’ll be good conversation.”

You shoot a look towards the entrance. The sun has already set and you can’t see all that well beyond the doorway, but there really seems to be a highway stretching before you. The hum and jostling until five minutes ago suddenly make sense: you are in some kind of vehicle.

“In all seriousness, for the good of everyone present, I suggest we leave as fast as we can. Back at base we have warm clothes, showers, food…” Amy starts raising a fingers for each item on her list. “And most importantly, we can keep you reasonably safe.”

“What’re you waitin’ for? Let’s go!” you hear the bald one scream outside.

Amy nods towards the exit. “Come on.”
She starts to walk away.