[3 / an / cgl / diy / gd / i / n / out / p / po / qst / s4s / t / trv / vip / vm / vmg / w / wg / wsr / ] [Settings]
Board
Settings Home
/qst/ - Mitsuba Archive

File: y.png (31 KB, 250x393)
31 KB
31 KB .png
You were just a child when the goblins came rampaging your village. They overwhelmed the villages defenses, a scant few militia men poorly armed. The slaughter was senseless, the brutality unparalleled. The grotesque monstrosities neither demanded nor accepted any form of peace. The only thing they were after were slaves.

They killed even the women, but not before defiling them in front of everyone. They tied all the children with ropes and led them to a god forsaken cave, to work and die for their new masters.

Your faith seemed sealed - your worked backbreaking labor daily in the goblin's mine for years, until a glimpse of hope showed up.

You would learn later that a group of adventurers was passing around there and got ambushed during the night, some valuable possessions stolen. Rather than leaving grateful for having their lives spared at least, they brought havoc directly into the heart of chaos.

The loud sounds of fighting, metal clinging against bone and stone, echoed in the halls where once only the noise of the whip and the pick would fill your ears. Screams of the bestial slavedrivers pleased your ears the most, a primeval resentment showering those who death at last engulfed.

The priestess of the adventuring group was the first one to reach out to you all. They were unsure what to do at first. But she was decided.

"We must free them.", you heard her say.

"What is your name?", she asked, with the sweetest voice you ever heard, to the point you broke into tears.

A half remembered name came finally to your lips, mixed with the taste of your salty tears and the dust that covered your whole body.

The name you remembered was...

>Name MC
>>
>>5242479
>Elsweyra
>>
esellia
>>
>>5242481
>>5242483
>>5242479

You tagged along the group of adventurers, together with the prisoners that the goblins made besides you. A ragged bunch, who rarely saw the light of day.

As the days stretched into weeks, the blessings of the priestess and the tales of the bard nurtured your soul back to a state where you would be able to taste your newfound freedom.

You had not realized how deep in the wilderness was the lair of the goblins, but the weak malnourished pack of freed slaves you were a part of took what seemed like an eternity to reach the nearest village.

After striking a deal with the local authorities for them to receive the freed prisoners, a deal whose terms you were never familiar with, the adventurers left, they fate unknown, their paths possibly crossing yours for the last time.

In this new world, a world where you are a person and no longer a thing, you are granted the privilege of choosing how to be useful to your community. You quickly find an apprenticeship so that you can put your skills to good use.

The apprenticeship you chose is:

> Miner. You've mined for so long and with so crude tools you grew to like it. You might end up making mad profits, for the locals allow the miners to keep a share of what they mine.
> Lumberjack. Your strong frame hardened by a lifetime of toil would need only minimal acquaintance with the axe to become a proficient lumberjack. There is no town in this forsaken continent which do not need some fuel for the winter. Even the goblins lit bonfires in their caves to escape the cold.
> Hunter. You felt fascinated the first time you got a bow in your hands. You learned eagerly how to aim and shoot. At first like all apprentices you merely carried the kill, but as your skill grew you were allowed to partake in the sacred art of extracting meat from nature. There is no village in the world that won't see a boon in partaking of some freshly killed meat.
> Blacksmith. You always wondered how tools and weapons are made, and this can be the opportunity of a lifetime to learn how to make them. There is always profit in selling such items.
> Apothecary. Although small, the potion making business even in this hamlet is thriving. Knowledge of how to make herbs and other components into potions can always come handy.
> Clergyman. Even a tiny village like this one has a priest. With your heart full of faith, you served the church for just the food and rest you needed to sustain yourself. Yet it did not feel like slavery, but liberation. Liberation from the desires and yearnings that plagued you from the moment you first laid eyes into that priestess. You wish one day your faith will be as pure as hers.
>>
>>5242481
>>5242483

I will leave the name vote open, if we dont have a tiebreaker I'll roll the dice
>>
>>5242489
> Clergyman. Even a tiny village like this one has a priest. With your heart full of faith, you served the church for just the food and rest you needed to sustain yourself. Yet it did not feel like slavery, but liberation. Liberation from the desires and yearnings that plagued you from the moment you first laid eyes into that priestess. You wish one day your faith will be as pure as hers.
>>
>>5242481
Backing.

> Miner. You've mined for so long and with so crude tools you grew to like it. You might end up making mad profits, for the locals allow the miners to keep a share of what they mine.
>>
>>5242489
>Blacksmith. You always wondered how tools and weapons are made, and this can be the opportunity of a lifetime to learn how to make them. There is always profit in selling such items.
Milena
>>
>>5242483
>esellia
+1
>>5242481
-1 go fuck yourselves
>>5242489
Clergy
>>
>>5242489
> Blacksmith. You always wondered how tools and weapons are made, and this can be the opportunity of a lifetime to learn how to make them. There is always profit in selling such items.
>>5242483
+1
>>
>>5242489
> Lumberjack. Your strong frame hardened by a lifetime of toil would need only minimal acquaintance with the axe to become a proficient lumberjack. There is no town in this forsaken continent which do not need some fuel for the winter. Even the goblins lit bonfires in their caves to escape the cold.

>>5242479
Edwin
>>
>>5242481
We're white, not a poo.
>>
Rolled 2 (1d3)

>>5242494
>>5242505
>>5242523
>>5242591
>>5243098
>>5243121
>>5243331

clergy 2
miner 1
blacksmith 2
lumberjack 1

Name is Esellia

seems like we got a tie

rolling dice to determine if clergy path, blacksmith path or both

1 - clergy
2 - blacksmith
3 - both
>>
>>5243430

Your fascination for tools after having spent such a long time mining with the crudest of implements has got the best on you. You sought apprenticeship with the local blacksmith, a rough man named Karl.

He runs his shop like a petty kingdom, bossing around all his apprentices. The office of turning raw ore into finished weapons is long and complex, and it took you awhile to even gain his trust enough for him to let you do anything other than tend to the smelter.

The pay is meagre, but it exists. As you pour more and more time into learning the craft, slowly Karl starts to instruct you into the particularities of this office.

Amidst the trainees, you made friends with a bright young man named Zyro. He is the apprentice that have been under the wings of Karl for the longest. He knew already how to make some tools, and his name was sweet in Karl's tongue. In all things and matters he was obedient to his master and spent his days doing what he was told.

You learned a lot with him that your boss would not yet teach you. One day the two of you were caught forging a knife, the first time you was doing it. You thought Karl would be mad about it, but he encouraged the both of you.

"Ay, ye and me both are not going to live forever. But you're younger, bright eyes, looking forward to the future and to prosperous times. I can tell you, it is this drive to learn that sparks the drive to work and one who is diligent can achieve all things."

He then inspected the knife you produced.

"Utter garbage Esellia. Let's try again tomorrow."

From the following day onwards, he started letting you you do more and more tasks around the shop.

By the time you forged your first sword, Zyro was ready to leave the employ of the master and strike on his own.

"I wish young Zyro would stick around. But he got the travelling bug on him. I wonder if you are the same, young one. Do you plan on moving anytime soon?"

> I want to learn as much as possible before making this decision
> I still require further training, I can barely make a sword
> I feel I am already ready to go on my own
> Teach me how to make armor, master
>>
>>5243440
> I want to learn as much as possible before making this decision
Stuff about the state of the area and the world, on top of smithing and smelting
Can we smelt Faes?
>>
>>5243440
>I still require further training, I can barely make a sword
>>
>>5243440
>I still require further training, I can barely make a sword
>>
>>5243440